PDA

View Full Version : "Family Feud"'s Richard Dawson Dies

Va Beach VH Fan
06-03-2012, 10:27 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/06/richard-dawson-dies-family-feud-host-was-79/

Richard Dawson Dies: ‘Family Feud’ Host Was 79

Richard Dawson known best for hosting the “Family Feud” and starring in “Hogan’s Heroes” has died, ABC News has confirmed.

He was 79. He died Saturday due to complications from cancer.

“It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my father passed away this evening from complications due to esophageal cancer. He was surrounded by his family. He was an amazing talent, a loving husband, a great dad, and a doting grandfather. He will be missed but always remembered…,” wrote Dawson’s son Gary in a posting on Facebook early this morning.

Dawson hosted several incarnations of the popular game show the “Family Feud” after it debuted in 1976.

In addition to hosting “Family Feud,” Dawson appeared on the show “Match Game” as a guest panelist.

He also appeared in films like “The Running Man” and television series such as “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and “The Alfred Hitchcock Hour,” according to IMDB.com.

Dawson was born Colin Lionel Emm in Gosport, Hampshire England on Nov. 30, 1932. He was married to Gretchen Johnson. Together they had a daughter named Shannon Nicole Dawson.
Dawson was previously married to Diana Dors and the couple had two sons, Mark Dawson and Gary Dawson.

ELVIS
06-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Survey says ??

RIP

atomicpnk47
06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Here I thought he died years ago...

sadaist
06-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Survey says ??

RIP

:lmao:

jerk.

Ah, Richard Dawson. Reminds me of when I was a kid watching Hogans Heroes & Family Feud. Loved both shows. Feud has never been the same. RIP

Nitro Express
06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I went over to someone's house and Family Feud was on. I didn't even know the show still existed but I don't watch much TV anymore. The host sucked. It made me think of good ol mother fucking Richard Dawson.

Back when you could have a few drinks in the green room with the guests, light up a cigarette on the set, and bang the pretty girls after the show and nobody really cared. Just another day in televisionland.

chi-town324
06-03-2012, 02:48 PM
can you imagine the outrage of a TV host kissing contestants on the lips in 2012?

Nitro Express
06-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Actually I think people are getting sick of all the "no you can't" now. It's going to snap again. I can smell it. We are going to have a second cultural revolution. It goes in cycles. The establishment always infiltrates the movements after they have been around for awhile. Liberalism got infiltrated and became the establishment. Now it's micro managing everything but with the economy people are getting to the point they have nothing to lose anyways. There is always a small percent of the population that want personal freedom for right or wrong and they rebel. It creates some great art in the process. What fuels this is when people wake up to the fact the people in charge could care less about them and could care less if they die.

sadaist
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I went over to someone's house and Family Feud was on. I didn't even know the show still existed but I don't watch much TV anymore. The host sucked. It made me think of good ol mother fucking Richard Dawson.

Back when you could have a few drinks in the green room with the guests, light up a cigarette on the set, and bang the pretty girls after the show and nobody really cared. Just another day in televisionland.

This goes back to our 70's / early 80's discussion and how much better & more laid back the US was then. Now someone would be offended and force the show to conform to their views so as to not offend anymore. Sad.

SunisinuS
06-03-2012, 03:19 PM
RIP. Man he was so smooth and lascivious lol. What a kewl guy. Newkirk finally tunneled out.

:thumb:

Nitro Express
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
This goes back to our 70's / early 80's discussion and how much better & more laid back the US was then. Now someone would be offended and force the show to conform to their views so as to not offend anymore. Sad.

In the 1960's there was a rebellion against the established right wing. People wanted more freedom from it and as time went on what was to become known as the liberal movement started to censor us and take freedoms away. Why? The old money infiltrates the movements using foundations and grant money. People need to wake up to this.

Freedom doesn't last long and it's a constant fight to keep it. What you really have to watch is when people come in saying they are going to make everything easy for you and what they sell sounds too good to be true. Too many people get fooled by this and let their guard down.

What the American public got pummeled with was greed. They gave us easy credit to become consumers with knowing we would get into so much debt they would own us. Hippies became yuppies and took the bait. They became part of the establishment themselves because they got baited by the "have it all now" temptation.

fourthcoming
06-03-2012, 03:29 PM
He was great in 'The Running Man' also......R.I.P. you dirty dog.

Hardrock69
06-03-2012, 05:21 PM
You KNOW he was banging chicks in the green room, lol.

Hell, the political correctness sucks these days. I remember when you could tune in to some talk show, or some political discussion show and everyone would be chain-smoking.....or Dean Martin would be hosting some variety show and be OBVIOUSLY soused to the gills.....

TV Censorship is pretty stupid.

Why can't people say FUCK on network TV? It is just a word! No worse then what kids hear Daddy and Mommy are yelling at each other while they have a fist-fight.....and moaning at each other later when Daddy is fucking Mommy up the ass, lol.

gbranton
06-03-2012, 06:19 PM

If Bob Barker was getting it, then you KNOW Dawson was tearing that shit up.

jhale667
06-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Dawson was cool as shit. RIP

:guitar:

Nitro Express
06-04-2012, 12:31 AM

We need to start fighting this. We need to go back to the I hate what you are saying but you have the right to say it concept. I think the law should be unless property was damaged or stollen or someone injured or killed no law has been broken. Maybe we should bring dueling back. I'm tired of these wimps running to a lawyer or the government over nothing. If you are truly offended well challenge me to a dual and defend your honor. That would also keep people from mouthing off recklessly. That is probably the reason it existed.

Nitro Express
06-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Dawson was cool as shit. RIP

:guitar:

That he was.

Nitro Express
06-04-2012, 12:35 AM
If Bob Barker was getting it, then you KNOW Dawson was tearing that shit up.

I think we all have psychic abilities on this. Bob Barker gained a lot of respect from me when he just totally admitted to it when the press thought they got him and they wanted to see him tell lies and shake in fear. Bob just said yeah, I had a little hanky panky so what? It was great.

Nitro Express
06-04-2012, 12:45 AM

Hell, the political correctness sucks these days. I remember when you could tune in to some talk show, or some political discussion show and everyone would be chain-smoking.....or Dean Martin would be hosting some variety show and be OBVIOUSLY soused to the gills.....

TV Censorship is pretty stupid.

Why can't people say FUCK on network TV? It is just a word! No worse then what kids hear Daddy and Mommy are yelling at each other while they have a fist-fight.....and moaning at each other later when Daddy is fucking Mommy up the ass, lol.

Yeah. You could come out on the Tonight Show with a beer and cigarette. When you weren't looking a soused to the gills Dean Martin would flick cigarette ashes into your cup of beer. It's so ironic that we had people bitching for more freedom and equal rights and someone twisted that momentum into giving us less freedom than ever. It used to be the religious right would censor you now the left in the name of fairness does. Everyone is so uptight they are going to hurt someone's feelings they just can't relax and be themselves. I swear as soon as the government gets involved in dictating morals and manners it's no good. We need to have a rebellion against political correctness like others have rebelled about equal rights. We need another free speech movement.

Diamondjimi
06-04-2012, 12:50 AM
One smoooth mofo with the ladies... R.I.P.

Nitro Express
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Part of the problem was the consolidation of media companies. We went from over 50 in the 1980's to five. There's an agenda in this and it's not by accident. When more people owned the media someone was going to let you get your side of the story out or let your express yourself. People love to talk about diversity now but where is it? Everything is becoming regulated to be the same. At least the things that are important. We have diversity in the stuff that is not important but political parties we have two. Media companies we went from 50 to five. Oil companies, those have consolidated and the same with insurance companies ect...

IceCreamBlondie
06-04-2012, 01:24 AM
What a shame...I sure remember Family Feud; watched it all the time as a kid! Dawson got a lot of flack for kissing all the lady contestants back then.

I've seen some old YouTubes of early 70's Match Game and he was hilarious....there were even ashtrays on the panelists' desks back then. Richard was quite witty!

RIP Richard Dawson.

Nitro Express
06-04-2012, 02:32 AM
I kind of miss the smell of going into a cafe for breakfast and smelling the combination of cigarettes and coffee mixed in with the smell of the breakfast food. You had that same smell on the airlines. Honestly why do we want to live longer? It just means you are going to be in Depends and pissing in a bag with your mind gone but you will still be alive. There's something to be said about having a good time now and if having a good time killed you then you went happy. Beats being careful and living a long boring life. There isn't even any decent television to watch all day in the retirement center.

Hardrock69
06-04-2012, 06:21 AM
True. At least if I am gonna be sitting there in a wheelchair crapping myself and drooling on the floor I wanna be able to watch some pr0n or some Van Halen (not necessarily in that order), but you know the nurses in these retirement homes aren't gonna allow you to watch anything worth a damn....

ashstralia
06-04-2012, 06:33 AM
if I am gonna be sitting there in a wheelchair crapping myself and drooling on the floor

really, Hr? i plan on offing myself long before it gets to that, i hope it'll be legal to afford myself the same dignity and love we show our pets!

rest in peace, Richard, you scallywag you.:)

Seshmeister
06-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Actually I think people are getting sick of all the "no you can't" now. It's going to snap again. I can smell it. We are going to have a second cultural revolution. It goes in cycles. The establishment always infiltrates the movements after they have been around for awhile. Liberalism got infiltrated and became the establishment. Now it's micro managing everything but with the economy people are getting to the point they have nothing to lose anyways. There is always a small percent of the population that want personal freedom for right or wrong and they rebel. It creates some great art in the process. What fuels this is when people wake up to the fact the people in charge could care less about them and could care less if they die.

Network TV is dying grampa, people have gone to the internet and HBO.

Hardrock69
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
People automatically gravitate towards the medium where they have more freedom of choice. Network TV will not allow pr0n or even the word "FUCK", but figure the only way to provide some kind of entertainment value is to add more MURDER DEATH KILL programming onto the schedule, along with reality TV for the pre-teen set.

Newspapers are dying out because more people get their news from the net. You can browse to CNN.com and actually SEE the latest VIDEO of Lindsay Lohan sobbing as she is led from the court in chains.....then pop on over to your fave celeb pr0n site to see photos of her getting ass-raped by an orangutan or whatever.

Welcome to the new millenium! :hee:

hambon4lif
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
You can browse to CNN.com and actually SEE the latest VIDEO of Lindsay Lohan sobbing as she is led from the court in chains.....then pop on over to your fave celeb pr0n site to see photos of her getting ass-raped by an orangutan or whatever.If it's not much of a bother, could you provide me a link to such sites?

Good beastiality is getting so much harder to find these days..

Hardrock69
06-04-2012, 05:04 PM
You mean "CELEB beastiality". :lmao:

Go find some video of Nancy Grace just standing there. That would be a perfect example of "Celeb Beastiality". :lol:

hambon4lif
06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
You mean "CELEB beastiality". :lmao:Yeah that'll work. :lol:

I have all the confidence in the world that Lindsay can take an ape up the asspipe, it would still be an amusing thing to watch.

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
We need to start fighting this. We need to go back to the I hate what you are saying but you have the right to say it concept. I think the law should be unless property was damaged or stollen or someone injured or killed no law has been broken. Maybe we should bring dueling back. I'm tired of these wimps running to a lawyer or the government over nothing. If you are truly offended well challenge me to a dual and defend your honor. That would also keep people from mouthing off recklessly. That is probably the reason it existed.
Nothing against the law unless it deprives someone of life liberty or property.

JenniferM
06-05-2012, 12:07 AM
R.I.P.
I used to love watching him. He always seemed to be a little pervy.....must be why me liked him so much!!!!