PDA

View Full Version : New Rush album leaked.

Mr Badguy
06-06-2012, 08:51 AM
I ain't telling anyone anything that's a secret.

It's out there.

And I've got it.

Yount
06-06-2012, 09:11 AM
How do you rate it?

ELVIS
06-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I give up...

How ??

Mr Badguy
06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
I can't say yet.

It's a hefty listen and will require a few spins before judgement.

I have pre-ordered the Classic Rock fan pack but I heard it was out and aquired it from a torrent site.

I couldn't wait.

Jack68
06-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I got it also.Only listened through once and i cant wait to crank it again.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rushs-geddy-lee-recalls-starstruck-meeting-with-pete-townshend/

Seshmeister
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I ain't telling anyone anything that's a secret.

It's out there.

And I've got it.

After giving them £190 for 2 tickets last week which they are going to keep for a year before the gig I have no guilty conscience about downloading their album off a torrent, does that make me a bad person?

I'll probably end up buying the CD for the car anyway.

Jack68
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
First impressions are that it is heavy.:killer:

Seshmeister
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow that actually downloaded a lot faster than it would have if you were buying it, 30 seconds for the whole album.

private parts
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I've heard a couple of tracks. They played two of the cuts on tour. Heavy and ass kicking!

Seshmeister
06-06-2012, 11:26 AM
How do you rate it?

Traditionally using a score out of a number for example 4 out of 5 or 7/10.

Some people attach stars to such a system eg. ****

I've even seen some who like to give a percentage rating eg. 88%.

ThrillsNSpills
06-06-2012, 11:38 AM
After giving them £190 for 2 tickets last week which they are going to keep for a year before the gig I have no guilty conscience about downloading their album off a torrent, does that make me a bad person?

I'll probably end up buying the CD for the car anyway.

wow. really? Why the unusual terms? Under the circumstances you should get a signed copy.

Mr Badguy
06-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't have a guilty concience either.

I've already pre-ordered it and I wanted to hear it.

There will be plenty who download for free and not follow up with a purchase.

I often use downloads for a try-before-you-buy.

Enjoying what I'm hearing, very much like 70's Rush in parts.

Nickdfresh
06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
I end up buying a good deal of what I download as well, for the artwork if nothing else...

VAN HLN CA
06-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Nice, look forward to hearing. Heard a new ZZ Top song yeterday that sounded like Deguello days.

chi-town324
06-08-2012, 01:40 AM
is it a concept album? i thought i heard it was

78/84 guy
06-15-2012, 11:10 PM
It's a good album. It didn't knock me out like Counterparts, after the keyboard albums. And Vapor Trails was great stuff. Getty's voice is not what it was 25 years ago. But the music is great if you like Rush.

SunisinuS
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I got it also.Only listened through once and i cant wait to crank it again.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rushs-geddy-lee-recalls-starstruck-meeting-with-pete-townshend/

Lol that was a great Geddy interview....lol what do you sing in the shower....

Hardrock69
06-16-2012, 04:41 PM
1. Only a few songs could be considerered "heavy".

2. Interesting thing is they have orchestral strings on it, recorded at Ocean Way in L.A. No, they are not pussing out. They just used the real deal instead of synth samples.

3. One thing that freaked me out, and sort of made me emotional was that Neil bares his soul on some of the lyrics, and I feel for him even more, after the tragedies he endured in the 90s.

4. As usual, production is absolutely killer. I LOVE Neil's drum sounds, and Geddy's bass. The ultimate in bass and drum tone.

5. I did some quick searching around the net for the leaked version, but they were pretty good about deleting it wherever it popped up. It was irrelevant, as I knew I was going to buy it anyway, and I did at Best Buy the other day.

6. Very in-depth songwriting. Yes it is a concept album. Fictional character describing the world in which he lives. No "pop" material at all, and with the total ass-licking state of FM radio these days, it will get NO airplay. I am sure it has and will on satellite radio, as it is too good for it to not get airplay through that medium.

In conclusion, a solid, kickass album that is required ownership for any Rush fan.

Kudos to Alex, Neil and Ged for continuing to kick ass in the 21st-century.