PDA

View Full Version : Sheryl Crow diagnosed with benign brain tumor

Diamondjimi
06-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Sheryl Crow diagnosed with benign brain tumor

Sheryl Crow has a brain tumor, but it’s benign.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/files/2010/07/Sheryl-Crow.gif

The Grammy-winning singer and Nashville-area resident revealed the medical malady during an interview with Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Doug Elfman last week at the Mandalay Bay hotel.

“I worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI,” Crow is quoted as saying in a story posted on the publication’s website. “And I found out I have a brain tumor.

“And I was, like, ‘See? I knew there was something wrong.’ ”

Elfman writes in the column that he didn’t know whether Crow was joking “because we had just been laughing about how she recently forgot some lyrics on stage.”

But Crow was serious.

“I haven’t really talked about it,” she told Elfman. “In November, I found out I have a brain tumor. But it’s benign, so I don’t have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit.”

Link (http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2012/06/05/sheryl-crow-diagnosed-with-benign-brain-tumor/?odyssey=obinsite)

Satan
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Well, I suppose benign is better than the alternative, in the fact that it won't spread elsewhere. But still, something growing in your brain that shouldn't be there, pretty much sucks anyway you look at it. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Sensible Shoes
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes, indeed, it does.

gbranton
06-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Maybe it is in the area of her brain that makes her want to fuck up great old songs.

So this is love
06-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe it is in the area of her brain that makes her want to fuck up great old songs.

be nice! shes a human being just like you.......

chefcraig
06-10-2012, 11:31 PM
be nice! shes a human being just like you.......

Perhaps...yet I never wanted to date Lance Armstrong and Kid Rock in the same lifetime, ya know?

Satan
06-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Well, there's a correlation there, I suppose. Lance Armstrong had cancer, and Kid Rock IS a cancer on the music industry.

Diamondjimi
06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Perhaps...yet I never wanted to date Lance Armstrong and Kid Rock in the same lifetime, ya know?

Well, there's a correlation there, I suppose. Lance Armstrong had cancer, and Kid Rock IS a cancer on the music industry.

:lol:

sadaist
06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Brain cancer scares me more than anything else that could possibly happen. Even death. You know if they operate you are wide awake? FUCK THAT! Listening as they saw your skull open and start poking around FUCK THAT! What if they make a mistake? You can hear them..."we need to stop the bleeding!" ..."He's coding!"...."We're losing him!"........again I repeat, FUCK THAT!

binnie
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Brain cancer scares me more than anything else that could possibly happen. Even death. You know if they operate you are wide awake? FUCK THAT! Listening as they saw your skull open and start poking around FUCK THAT! What if they make a mistake? You can hear them..."we need to stop the bleeding!" ..."He's coding!"...."We're losing him!"........again I repeat, FUCK THAT!

You and me both.

But if it came down to 'it's this or death' we'd all choose the skull saw. The fear would be unreal, however........

Momshell
06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Here's something I never shared with you all. I had a benign brain tumor 3 years ago. Had no idea til it caused me to have a grand mal seizure. Luckily my kids were asleep and I was home with my husband. I was acting weird right before it so he got me into bed and called 911. Even though I was in bed, the force of the seizure popped both shoulders out of the sockets and broke em both. Had brain surgery, but was not awake. Instead they put electrodes all over my head when I was awake beforehand to determine which areas controlled what. The scariest part was that they didn't know it was benign til after the surgery. Also needed pt for 1 1/2 years and steroid shots to fix my shoulders. My heart goes out to Sheryl. No one should have to go through that shit. Thank god the doctors saw my tattoo and let me listen to VH during all of my procedures. Worked in the MRI machine way better than the meds they put in my IV to calm me down!

Light Em' Up!
06-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Here's something I never shared with you all. I had a benign brain tumor 3 years ago. Had no idea til it caused me to have a grand mal seizure. Luckily my kids were asleep and I was home with my husband. I was acting weird right before it so he got me into bed and called 911. Even though I was in bed, the force of the seizure popped both shoulders out of the sockets and broke em both. Had brain surgery, but was not awake. Instead they put electrodes all over my head when I was awake beforehand to determine which areas controlled what. The scariest part was that they didn't know it was benign til after the surgery. Also needed pt for 1 1/2 years and steroid shots to fix my shoulders. My heart goes out to Sheryl. No one should have to go through that shit. Thank god the doctors saw my tattoo and let me listen to VH during all of my procedures. Worked in the MRI machine way better than the meds they put in my IV to calm me down!

Oh my gosh sister....I'm so glad you are okay now...

Sensible Shoes
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Ditto.

sadaist
06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Here's something I never shared with you all.

Fuck. So glad you made it to the other side to see the new VH album and see 47 shows (lol...47 now right?) Great news you weren't awake. I don't even like thinking about that. Modern science can be great. Damn seizure must have been like in the Exorcist to pop your shoulders out. Damn!

et me listen to VH during all of my procedures. Worked in the MRI machine way better than the meds they put in my IV to calm me down

But still take the meds. ALWAYS take the meds ;) See if you can take some to the next show? lol

When I was in the hospital bed before my surgery I was nervous as shit. They hooked up an IV and told me it was just saline or whatever. LIARS! When they finally rolled me to the operating room I was waving to everyone else like I was Princess Di as I passed by and I was pitching a tent. Good drugs for sure!

sadaist
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Q - What has 3 testicles and has dated Cheryl Crow?

A - Kid Rock & Lance Armstrong

Momshell
06-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Fuck. So glad you made it to the other side to see the new VH album and see 47 shows (lol...47 now right?) Great news you weren't awake. I don't even like thinking about that. Modern science can be great. Damn seizure must have been like in the Exorcist to pop your shoulders out. Damn!

But still take the meds. ALWAYS take the meds ;) See if you can take some to the next show? lol

When I was in the hospital bed before my surgery I was nervous as shit. They hooked up an IV and told me it was just saline or whatever. LIARS! When they finally rolled me to the operating room I was waving to everyone else like I was Princess Di as I passed by and I was pitching a tent. Good drugs for sure!

Haha!! I was pretty hysterical on morphine, especially when they combined it with OxyContin. Cracking jokes, cursing like a sailor, telling everyone I loved them. It was ok til I got delusional and started hallucinating and tried to get out of bed. Then they took my morphine away!

Terry
06-11-2012, 09:41 PM
On a human level, one hopes Crow gets better.

As an entertainer, I find her pretty lightweight. Clearly she wants to be included alongside the all time greats of rock, but...not so much to these ears.

Wasn't she blathering on several years back on how she only uses one or two squares of toilet paper to wipe her ass after she shits, as some sort of way to conserve paper products and be 'eco-friendly'?

gbranton
06-11-2012, 11:50 PM
But if it came down to 'it's this or death' we'd all choose the skull saw. The fear would be unreal, however........

If it came down to "this or death" I'd work the fucking saw MYSELF while looking in the mirror in order to live.

Nitro Express
06-12-2012, 03:00 AM

I had to have a bone graft and I was awake during the surgery. I could hear and feel the doctor whacking away on my bone with a chisel and could hear the whole conversation about the little league baseball team he was sponsoring. I don't know what's in that anesthesia but you are aware of what's going on but you don't care.