PDA

View Full Version : Health Panel Talks About A Wider Food Ban

BigBadBrian
06-13-2012, 12:13 PM
LINK (http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18774940/health-panel-talks-about-wider-food-ban)
The board hand-picked by Mayor Michael Bloomberg that must approve his ban of selling large sugar-filled drinks at restaurants might be looking at other targets.

The New York City Board of Health showed support for limiting sizes of sugary drinks at a Tuesday meeting in Queens. They agreed to start the process to formalize the large-drink ban by agreeing to start a six-week public comment period.

At the meeting, some of the members of board said they should be considering other limits on high-calorie foods.

One member, Bruce Vladeck, thinks limiting the sizes for movie theater popcorn should be considered.

"The popcorn isn't a whole lot better than the soda," Vladeck said.

Another board member thinks milk drinks should fall under the size limits.

"There are certainly milkshakes and milk-coffee beverages that have monstrous amounts of calories," said board member Dr. Joel Forman.

Mayor Bloomberg says the drink rules are an attempt to fight obesity in the city. It would limit food service establishments in the city from serving drinks bigger than 16 ounces but would allow refills.

The New York City Restaurant Association is fighting the proposal and is considering legal action of it goes into effect.

New York City voters oppose 51 - 46 percent Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed ban on the sale of over-sized sugary soft drinks, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.

Satan
06-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Bloomberg is taking entirely the wrong approach here. He should be fighting High Fructose Corn Poison, not worrying about cup sizes.

Maybe he should talk to his Rabbi about it? The Rabbis managed to get Coca Cola to put actual sugar in Coke for at least one month out of the year for Passover. Maybe if they knew they could lose NYC permanently as a market, they would give up the mutant corn derivatives permanently.

Satan
06-13-2012, 12:22 PM
The Daily Show with Jon StewartGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

BigBadBrian
06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I realize these people mean well, but it won't stop if they get their way.

They'll be after your booze and tobacco next, people.

jhale667
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
bloomberg is taking entirely the wrong approach here. He should be fighting high fructose corn poison, not worrying about cup sizes.

What he said.

DONNIEP
06-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I wonder just how much soda you actually get in a 16 ounce cup that's filled nearly full of ice to begin with... And the day that I can't buy the biggest goddamn overpriced bucket of popcorn I want will be when I stop going to the movies! Hell, I don't even eat that much of it while I'm sitting there but it's the principle of the whole thing.

jhale667
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM
I wonder just how much soda you actually get in a 16 ounce cup that's filled nearly full of ice to begin with... And the day that I can't buy the biggest goddamn overpriced bucket of popcorn I want will be when I stop going to the movies! Hell, I don't even eat that much of it while I'm sitting there but it's the principle of the whole thing.

It's one thing to encourage healthy eating choices and another to mandate them, but with obesity as big a problem as it is in the US, I sort of understand the intent, and the sense of urgency. I didn't know that 20oz of soda was the equivalent of eating 22 packets of sugar, that's f*ing disgusting if you think about it...:puke:

Seshmeister
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
They just need to make suppliers mark the product, a lot of the problems are due to people just not knowing what they are getting.

It's slowly getting better here. I notice that McDonald's are now putting the calories up on the main menu boards.

I try to keep an eye on these things where I can because I don't want to 'waste' the calories on something I don't even like that much. For example I travel quite a bit sometimes and that means that you end up buying a lot of sandwiches. I'm always amazed at some of the crazy amounts of fat and calories you can find in a simple cheese and ham sandwich because they've maybe added some mayo.

If there are two and one is slightly less exciting but means that I can drink 4 beers as well for the same calories then that is a good thing to know.

Also do you think that the average person buying the 12 inch meatball from Subway knows that they were having the equivalent amount of salt as 18 bags of chips/crisps? I don't think so.

Satan
06-13-2012, 07:48 PM
And in a related note, look what's new on the menu at Burger King........

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/643050/thumbs/s-BURGER-KING-BACON-SUNDAE-large.jpg

Burger King Bacon Sundae Hits Summer Menu Along With Sweet Potato Fries, Pulled Pork Sandwich

06/12/12 04:32 PM ET AP

NEW YORK — Burger King wants to lure customers this summer with a barbecue party – and a bacon sundae.

The world's second biggest hamburger chain on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae – vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon – that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year.

The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

The limited-time items are Burger King's latest push to win back customers with a revived menu and reverse sliding market share, an effort that started soon after the company was taken private by the private equity firm 3G Capital in late 2010.

Earlier this year, Burger King launched its biggest-ever menu expansion including fruit smoothies, snack wraps and new salads. The items were intended to go after a broader audience of moms and families, a shift from the chain's previous strategy of courting young men with calorie bombs.

Core menu items, such as French fries and the Whopper, have also been tweaked as part of the company's efforts to improve food quality. Burger King is trying to underscore its own focus on ingredients with a new tag line, "Taste Is King," which replaces "Have It Your Way." A new ad has been celebrating summer barbecues to highlight the chain's emphasis on fire-grilling burgers. The new summer items will be featured in ads starting Thursday.

This month, 3G plans to take Burger King public on the New York Stock Exchange.

Wendy's is also revamping its menu to improve ingredients and recast itself as a higher-end burger chain. The makeovers by the hamburger giants come at a time when the traditional fast-food chains are seeing more competition from smaller players such as Five Guys Burgers and Smashburger that offer higher-quality food and alternatives such as Subway.

Burger King isn't the only fast-food chain that's trying to draw attention with unusual offerings. Taco Bell earlier this year introduced its tacos with Doritos shells and a "nacho burrito" that includes corn chips.

The rest of Burger King's summer menu includes:

_Memphis Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich.

_Carolina BBQ Whopper or Chicken Sandwich.

_Texas BBQ Whopper or Chicken Sandwich.

_Sweet potato fries.

_Frozen Lemonade.

The items will be available through the summer or while supplies last.

Now the sweet potato fries are actually nominally healthier than the usual white potato version. But that's about the only encouraging news on this menu. I can only imagine how my Former Employer reacted to the news of this decidedly un-Kosher dessert item. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Does the average welfare mom know that most baby formula is nearly 50% corn syrup solids ??

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
*edit*

California welfare mom...

Satan
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Does the average welfare mom know that most baby formula is nearly 50% corn syrup solids ??

Never mind the right wing talking point..... the real question should be, how many mothers of ANY economic status are aware of this fact?

(Of course the same thing applies to adults who put non-dairy creamer in their coffee. The old school shit like "coffee mate" or whatever. Though I guess you could easily substitute any of the more modern equivalents with the soy/rice/almond/coconut/hemp based "milk" beverages.)

Seshmeister
06-13-2012, 08:09 PM
There is a 3 part BBC documentary starting this week looking at how we have been fucked over by corporate food.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jxzv8/The_Men_Who_Made_Us_Fat_Episode_1/

Around the world, obesity levels are rising. More people are now overweight than undernourished. Two thirds of British adults are overweight and one in four of us is classified as obese. In the first of this three-part series, Jacques Peretti traces those responsible for revolutionising our eating habits, to find out how decisions made in America 40 years ago influence the way we eat now.

Peretti travels to America to investigate the story of high-fructose corn syrup. The sweetener was championed in the US in the 1970s by Richard Nixon's agriculture secretary Earl Butz to make use of the excess corn grown by farmers. Cheaper and sweeter than sugar, it soon found its way into almost all processed foods and soft drinks. HFCS is not only sweeter than sugar, it also interferes with leptin, the hormone that controls appetite, so once you start eating or drinking it, you don't know when to stop.

Endocrinologist Robert Lustig was one of the first to recognise the dangers of HFCS but his findings were discredited at the time. Meanwhile a US Congress report blamed fat, not sugar, for the disturbing rise in cardio-vascular disease and the food industry responded with ranges of 'low fat', 'heart healthy' products in which the fat was removed - but the substitute was yet more sugar.

Meanwhile, in 1970s Britain, food manufacturers used advertising campaigns to promote the idea of snacking between meals. Outside the home, fast food chains offered clean, bright premises with tempting burgers cooked and served with a very un-British zeal and efficiency. Twenty years after the arrival of McDonalds, the number of fast food outlets in Britain had quadrupled.

The corn syrup seems to be particularly cynical piece of shit bit of work done to the US population.

I heard someone say once that you can eat as much fast food as you want as long as you make it yourself. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration but there is some truth in it.

Kind of like smoking cigarettes stuff that is a bit bad for you is made much worse by industrial processes which add shit to increase profits.

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Never mind the right wing talking point....

What talking point ??

The government has no business or authority to tell people what not to eat drink or smoke...

Satan
06-13-2012, 08:17 PM
What talking point ??

The government has no business or authority to tell people what not to eat drink or smoke...

The right wing talking point was to assume that only "California welfare mothers" would be ignorant enough to feed mutant corn poison to their babies.

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 08:21 PM
The right wing talking point was to assume that only "California welfare mothers" would be ignorant enough to feed mutant corn poison to their babies.

That's not right wing...

But, I wonder if the ingredients are listed in spanish...

Seshmeister
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
What talking point ??

But this is where the libertarian thing falls down when they go against government bodies like the FDA.

Do they expect people to do trials and test all the food and drugs that they eat?

Down the fucking mall with a microscope and a chemistry kit? History shows that corporations will put anything in food that they can get away with and who else is going to protect people from that?

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Don't eat corporate bullshit food for one thing...

But the corporations are in bed with the politicians and the regulations benefit the corporations and make business nearly impossible for the smaller food producer...

Satan
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Don't eat corporate bullshit food for one thing...

But the corporations are in bed with the politicians and the regulations benefit the corporations and make business nearly impossible for the smaller food producer...

The regulations (as they were designed) don't benefit the corporations. But when Repukes and fake "Democrats" appoint corporate thugs to BE the regulators, then they don't enforce them, and the bought off shills in Congress then deregulate everything, as they have done increasingly over the last 30 years.

The answer (as usual) is to roll back all this fucking bullshit to where it was before the BCE re-took office in 1981. Regulations, taxes, Glass-Steagal, the Fairness doctrine.... Sherman antitrust law, the whole goddamn thing.

As a resident of Hell, I'm not subject to any mortal laws, but if I lived up there, I wouldn't consider myself subject to any law made after 1981. And certainly none that were passed by Chimpy, as he never had a right to sign any of them.

Angel
06-13-2012, 09:56 PM

I don't know. Does the average non-welfare mom?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Light Em' Up!
06-13-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't know. Does the average non-welfare mom?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

How about breastfeeding, or is that opening up a whole other can of worms??

Light Em' Up!
06-13-2012, 10:12 PM
And personally, I am SO going to try that bacon sundae!!!

Satan
06-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, if you're breastfeeding, then I guess you're the only one who can regulate the ingredients. In which case, I wouldn't recommend the bacon sundae! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 10:25 PM
How about breastfeeding, or is that opening up a whole other can of worms??

A can of worms would be healthier than a bottle of corn poison...

Light Em' Up!
06-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, if you're breastfeeding, then I guess you're the only one who can regulate the ingredients. In which case, I wouldn't recommend the bacon sundae! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Well, I'm not currently so, it seems to me the bacon sundae is fair game! LOL!

Satan
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
A can of worms would be healthier than a bottle of corn poison...

Well, at least there would be some protein involved. Probably wouldn't taste very good though. Unless you cooked them up like Beavis & Butthead did......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8pLQvzHFow

jhale667
06-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Also do you think that the average person buying the 12 inch meatball from Subway knows that they were having the equivalent amount of salt as 18 bags of chips/crisps? I don't think so.

Well, so much for lunch tomorrow...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
06-13-2012, 11:11 PM
You and your moobs can afford to skip a meal...:biggrin:

DONNIEP
06-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Ok, since my kid is spending the night with a friend I had some free time which I'm using to drink beer and conduct an experiment. And yes, it fucking matters :) I brought home a "regular" size cup from Quiznos today (I had a salad which sucked balls and I only drink diet sodas but that's not important). Ok, so I filled this cup up with water and it holds right at 24 ounces. I then filled the cup up with ice and water and measured the water. There was only 11 ounces of water in the cup. So based on that, a typical 16 ounce fountain soda - with ice - should hold 7.36 ounces of soda. That's about 86 calories (based on a typical 12 ounce can of soda). So these motherfuckers are trying to legislate something out of existence that's not even an issue in the first place! Unless you're buying 16 ounce regular sodas (not diet) with NO ice then you're getting less calories than a fucking 12 ounce can of Coke. So the whole thing is a bunch of bullshit to begin with and really is an example of the gub'ment trying to legislate the piss out of personal choice.

Light Em' Up!
06-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok, since my kid is spending the night with a friend I had some free time which I'm using to drink beer and conduct an experiment. And yes, it fucking matters :) I brought home a "regular" size cup from Quiznos today (I had a salad which sucked balls and I only drink diet sodas but that's not important). Ok, so I filled this cup up with water and it holds right at 24 ounces. I then filled the cup up with ice and water and measured the water. There was only 11 ounces of water in the cup. So based on that, a typical 16 ounce fountain soda - with ice - should hold 7.36 ounces of soda. That's about 86 calories (based on a typical 12 ounce can of soda). So these motherfuckers are trying to legislate something out of existence that's not even an issue in the first place! Unless you're buying 16 ounce regular sodas (not diet) with NO ice then you're getting less calories than a fucking 12 ounce can of Coke. So the whole thing is a bunch of bullshit to begin with and really is an example of the gub'ment trying to legislate the piss out of personal choice.

Good thing you are drinking Diet Soda to offset that full beer Donniep! :bigwink:

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
But this is where the libertarian thing falls down when they go against government bodies like the FDA.

Do they expect people to do trials and test all the food and drugs that they eat?

Down the fucking mall with a microscope and a chemistry kit? History shows that corporations will put anything in food that they can get away with and who else is going to protect people from that?
I don't know. Underwriters Laboratories is a private firm that inspects electrical products in the US and having dealt with them personally, they have a very high standard because they want that UL label to mean something. If a company or companies did this with food and drugs, the process would be improved by not having to go through bureaucracy and wanting to increase both reputation behind the seal of approval and work as efficiently as possible. If it meant people could have piece of mind buying the product, the companies would be happy to pay to get that seal of approval.

Satan
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Hell, as long as you aren't driving, you're better off with another beer. Assuming it's real beer and not some Bud/Miller/Coors pisswater anyway.

Undeniably healthier than Donald Rumsfeld's neurotoxin, aspartame.

DONNIEP
06-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Good thing you are drinking Diet Soda to offset that full beer Donniep! :bigwink:

The beer is full octane baby!!! No lite beer for me! Besides, it only kills the weak brain cells :biggrin:

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm a fat fuck. A big fat motherfucking heavy tub o lard. Who gives a fuck? I probably won't eat up all your social security.

DONNIEP
06-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm a fat fuck. A big fat motherfucking heavy tub o lard. Who gives a fuck? I probably won't eat up all your social security.

I don't really give two shits if the person next to me in line is "fat" or not. I don't care. What I do care about are the people who are working the system and living on welfare. And no one should even try to tell me that's a racial issue - it's not. I know a lily-white chick who is working the system and is bleeding the system dry. So 48 ounce sodas for everybody!!! :biggrin:

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-13-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't really give two shits if the person next to me in line is "fat" or not. I don't care. What I do care about are the people who are working the system and living on welfare. And no one should even try to tell me that's a racial issue - it's not. I know a lily-white chick who is working the system and is bleeding the system dry. So 48 ounce sodas for everybody!!! :biggrin:

I've been on welfare (emergency assistance for families), and it's harder to stay qualified for that than it is to have a job. I don't see why anyone would put up with that shit for long. Maybe some places make it a lot easier.

DONNIEP
06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I've been on welfare (emergency assistance for families), and it's harder to stay qualified for that than it is to have a job. I don't see why anyone would put up with that shit for long. Maybe some places make it a lot easier.

I live in the great state of North Carolina and I have personally (not second hand, NOT I heard about it from someone) witnessed a white chick get welfare assistance because she QUIT HER JOB!!! That's right my friend, she quit her job. And she got food stamps (which aren't even stamps anymore, it's a debit card), childcare assistance (which pays for over 75% of your daycare costs), Medicaid for her and her kid and a check every month. And this is a fact. As a matter of fact, I was hauled into court over the whole mess - this ain't some fairy tale. But this has nothing to do with 64 ounce Big Gulps, well, except for the fact that most gas stations and convenience stores accept EBT (food stamps). Don't even get me started about the Earned Income Credit...bitch has a bigger refund than me every year and she MIGHT make 3500 bucks a year in a good year.

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I live in the great state of North Carolina and I have personally (not second hand, NOT I heard about it from someone) witnessed a white chick get welfare assistance because she QUIT HER JOB!!! That's right my friend, she quit her job. And she got food stamps (which aren't even stamps anymore, it's a debit card), childcare assistance (which pays for over 75% of your daycare costs), Medicaid for her and her kid and a check every month. And this is a fact. As a matter of fact, I was hauled into court over the whole mess - this ain't some fairy tale. But this has nothing to do with 64 ounce Big Gulps, well, except for the fact that most gas stations and convenience stores accept EBT (food stamps). Don't even get me started about the Earned Income Credit...bitch has a bigger refund than me every year and she MIGHT make 3500 bucks a year in a good year.

Yes, all of that is true. The biggest problem with all those programs is that by getting a job you end up worse off. Generally it is graduated in a way that after earning a bit you end up overall with less income and that's before you consider that you've given up your time and increased your expenses. It's very discouraging to get past that rut you have to go through to become a productive member of society again. As for the solution...I have no idea other than to not have the programs at all. I think people occasionally need a hand up, but it just turns into a hand out all too easily.

Unchainme
06-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Bloomberg is taking entirely the wrong approach here. He should be fighting High Fructose Corn Poison, not worrying about cup sizes.

Maybe he should talk to his Rabbi about it? The Rabbis managed to get Coca Cola to put actual sugar in Coke for at least one month out of the year for Passover. Maybe if they knew they could lose NYC permanently as a market, they would give up the mutant corn derivatives permanently.

amen.

LoungeMachine
06-14-2012, 01:39 AM
I realize these people mean well, but it won't stop if they get their way.

They'll be after your booze and tobacco next, people.

I actually agree with Brie, here....

And what I found most hilarious, was the cast of MORNING JOE talking about what a great idea this is, because everyone is so fat, as they had these giant, frothy, whip cream ladened STARFUCKS FRAPPAJUNKOS next to them...

:gulp:

Dr. Love
06-14-2012, 02:04 AM

Libertarian philosophy goes two ways on this:

A) Don't buy shit that will hurt you (use your brain)
B) If someone lies and sells you some shit that hurts you, sue the ever-loving fuck out of them, as they are liable for harming people with their products

Satan
06-14-2012, 03:56 AM

B) If someone lies and sells you some shit that hurts you, sue the ever-loving fuck out of them, as they are liable for harming people with their products

Except most of the Libertarians are also big on so-called "tort reform" which would make it nearly impossible to sue the ever-loving fuck out of them.

jhale667
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Ending the FDA would be even more retarded than getting rid of the EPA.

Unchainme
06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Encouraging people to eat healthier, and to cut out the soda is a good thing.

I'm doing it right now, and it's helped immensely.

Outright banning it? Fucking dumb. That goes against many american ideals in my opinion.

Now, I do admire and respect what Michelle Obama is doing in trying to ensure that we're developing a more healthy america. That's a great cause to take up, and even the most rabid tea bagger should agree with that.

Common sense should be something that's really encourage as well.

Bloomberg and his crew are indeed fuckheads. What they're preaching is borderline soviet-style socialism.

We need more people out there like the first lady, and less like Mike Bloomberg.

FORD
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm all for Michelle's organic gardening, but I'd take it more seriously if she would tell her husband to fire VilSuck and the other MonSatan shills and put Willie Nelson in charge of the department of Agriculture. Or the DEA. Or Department of Energy (Willie would be great in any of those jobs)

BTW, here's Willie's new song. Inspired by a Mike Malloy rant (Willie knows good radio too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX4bzJftxUs

jhale667
06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Encouraging people to eat healthier, and to cut out the soda is a good thing.

I'm doing it right now, and it's helped immensely.

Outright banning it? Fucking dumb. That goes against many american ideals in my opinion.

Now, I do admire and respect what Michelle Obama is doing in trying to ensure that we're developing a more healthy america. That's a great cause to take up, and even the most rabid tea bagger should agree with that.

Common sense should be something that's really encourage as well.

Bloomberg and his crew are indeed fuckheads. What they're preaching is borderline soviet-style socialism.

We need more people out there like the first lady, and less like Mike Bloomberg.

I'm doing the no soda thing too, had cut it down to 1 a day already a while back, and yes it does... agree the heavy-handed approach is just stupid.

Just saw an interesting soda comparison (speaking of Willie)...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554706_482088655149984_376796741_n.jpg

:guitar:

FORD
06-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I've pretty much cut out all "white" carbohydrates as much as possible, but especially anything sweetened with the corn poison. Don't even drink the stuff with real sugar very often, though there's a little neighborhood store two blocks away that has the bottles of MexiCoke if I ever feel the sudden need for sugar and caffeine. The price there is so ridiculous there (like $2 for a single bottle) that it's enough of a deterrent for making it a habit.

jhale667
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm all for eating healthy, but I can't imagine ever going vegetarian or vegan.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581264_381791868553558_751851053_n.jpg

clarathecarrot
06-14-2012, 09:30 PM
LINK (http://www.myfoxny.com/story/18774940/health-panel-talks-about-wider-food-ban)
The board hand-picked by Mayor Michael Bloomberg that must approve his ban of selling large sugar-filled drinks at restaurants might be looking at other targets.

At the meeting, some of the members of board said they should be considering other limits on high-calorie foods.

One member, Bruce Vladeck, thinks limiting the sizes for movie theater popcorn should be considered.

The popcorn isn't a whole lot better than the soda," Vladeck said.

In the Homo Obama wants other Homos to be forced into marriage thread,.. I mentioned that there were 800K..that is 800 THOUSAND bills passed into law in this country in 2010 and that is the average for this country...

What is going on here is the RAPING of American citizens THE RAPING of The Constitution by small little city councils.

WHY DO PEOPLE CARE WHO THE GODDAMD PRESIDENT WILL BE MOTHER FUCKERS!! WAKE UP!!!! that is the scam to defer your eyes away from the, little cities and townships RAPING OF THE USA and it's people.

Mark these next words BITCHEZZ!

The enemy came small in the night and chipped away at us till we were dead....there was no NUKES!!!!!!

THERE WAS NO IRAN!!!!...It was those, little judges, those little city councils, those meetings, no body goes to.....and we all were dead.........with big assholes from where we were FUCKED.

This Bloomberd SHITTT!!!! isn't about HFCS, BIG GULPING FLUIDS!!!..it's about Napoleon COMPLEX!! city council members trying to become as though they were signers of the Declaration Of Independance.......and they never will be........but they will make you think they arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr

That is why all news in the media is BIG HUGE NEWSS!!! IRAN!!! DEATH!!!! NUKLEAR!!!! ACID RAIN>>>>>LIST THE SHIT!!!!

Ignore the little city council where you live, the local judge ....fools....The news for fools ....and your big asshole will show it.

ELVIS
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Acid rain is back ??

FORD
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Acid rain is back ??

Thomecarrot probably had some acid alright, but I doubt it was in the rain.

(probably that brown stuff from Woodstock. It's even worse after sitting in a box in his mom's attic for 43 years)

clarathecarrot
06-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Acid rain is back ??

YES!!! and it is as if, as it never was..because it never was.... it makes you affraid, that is what it was.

So, you could be ruled by the local magistrates new law, into not ever having your day in court.......EVER!

While you El'vigh and the rest of the world, were playing chicken little and drowned in the imaginary acid rain.

clarathecarrot
06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Thomecarrot probably had some acid alright, but I doubt it was in the rain.

(probably that brown stuff from Woodstock. It's even worse after sitting in a box in his mom's attic for 43 years)

That is because you only talk about the big, CRAZY, NEWS, SCAMS, in -The Front-, on (biig vader voiced) THIS IS CNN!!! as though they were really pertininent to your existence, because you are a fool..

Mommy the big CNN voice and the other news voices made me scared ..I am HIPMOTIZE...!!!!

The thief came in the night and measured your front lawn grass and wrote you a 100 $ ticket for offending the city council. YOU FUCKING BAD CITIZEN!!!

Bet you don't even know how many members are on your local suburban cities council...do you.?

MR> GIGANTIC ISSUES OF THE WORLD!!!!!!

P.S. There is no SKYNET, little Timmy..... it's the local city council that scorched ................................................TH E SKY!

FORD
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I can honestly say that I have known two of the current 7 members of the local city council for several years, and have met some of the others at various political events here and there.

Not that I'm sure what any of that has to do with the thread topic.

clarathecarrot
06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
I can honestly say that I have known two of the current 7 members of the local city council for several years, and have met some of the others at various political events here and there.

Not that I'm sure what any of that has to do with the thread topic.

Are they -DRUNKS- who want to limit your size availability intake of Beverages in, N.Y. City ?

Maybe it is better for, Taxes and new pool filters for city council members pay checks, that people be forced to buy THREE small beverages as opposed to ONE LARGE ONE!!!

Think MOTHERS THINK!!!!!

or maybe these wanna be actors found a stage to perform on ( Hi I'm John Edwars fuck my wife, I'm a cunt, I comb my hair like Jack Kennedy i'm a shoe in for prezz) and it is your and the countries back, they are breaking from way down inside your little township !

Nickdfresh
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM

I think Bloomberg is a giant douchenozzle for all this...

Education and REAL choice is better than prohibition...

Nickdfresh
06-14-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm all for eating healthy, but I can't imagine ever going vegetarian or vegan.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581264_381791868553558_751851053_n.jpg

No shit! I had an argument last night with a salad-eater friend...

Nickdfresh
06-14-2012, 10:40 PM

So, consumer fraud and "snake-oil salesman" should be legal, then they can go out of business before you can "sue the fuck out of them"...

Good luck with that dude, and read the fucking "Concrete Jungle" to gauge the absurdity of that...your "libertarian philosophy" a and already had its day and failed in the wake of Robber-baron capitalism...

LoungeMachine
06-15-2012, 01:22 AM

End. of. story.

:gulp:

Dr. Love
06-15-2012, 10:24 AM
So, consumer fraud and "snake-oil salesman" should be legal,

Not even close to what I was saying (and you know that).

then they can go out of business before you can "sue the fuck out of them"...

Good luck with that dude, and read the fucking "Concrete Jungle"

link please

to gauge the absurdity of that...your "libertarian philosophy" a and already had its day and failed in the wake of Robber-baron capitalism...

Hold them criminally responsible, then. Harming another individual willfully should be illegal. Or change laws where going out of business does not allow people that do this to avoid responsibility.

There are more solutions to problems than just giving government more power and responsibility. And yes, I think people should look out for themselves and use their brains to avoid being ripped off or hurt instead of depending on the government to tell them what they should/shouldn't do, what they should/shouldn't eat, etc. It's your life, your body and your choice. Why abrogate that to the government? Do you think they are better equipped to make decisions about your life than you are?

We have a society that is (or was) largely based on the idea that there are consequences for your actions... not that everything you do requires permission from a government agency. That's sadly changing, and more people seem to think the answer to their problems is less choice, less freedom and more government control and oversight.

Dr. Love
06-15-2012, 10:26 AM

but... but...! If Bloomberg doesn't protect the people, Coca-Cola will hurt them by making them fat and then go out of business before they can be held responsible! Bloomberg is making this decision for everyone else for their own good! ;)

Nickdfresh
06-15-2012, 10:58 AM
but... but...! If Bloomberg doesn't protect the people, Coca-Cola will hurt them by making them fat and then go out of business before they can be held responsible! Bloomberg is making this decision for everyone else for their own good! ;)

Well, those fucks at Coca Cola could start using REAL frigging Cain sugar again like they do in Mexican Coke instead of corn glop...personally, I do drink "pop" as we call it here, but can't stand to swill too much of that suggary shit anymore. The better track would be to limit sodas/pop machines in schools and increase the options such as V8 and juices with redeeming vitamin qualities. But restricting what people can have sucks...

Angel
06-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Well, those fucks at Coca Cola could start using REAL frigging Cain sugar again like they do in Mexican Coke instead of corn glop...personally, I do drink "pop" as we call it here, but can't stand to swill too much of that suggary shit anymore. The better track would be to limit sodas/pop machines in schools and increase the options such as V8 and juices with redeeming vitamin qualities. But restricting what people can have sucks...

Where are you Nick? We call it pop here too.

Have to be careful with juices. A lot of the fruit ones have more "sugar" than pop.

jhale667
06-16-2012, 01:30 AM
I pretty much drinking water more than anything these days... sometimes flavored w/ Mio, which apparently doesn't have corn poison in it...

Seshmeister
06-16-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm doing the no soda thing too, had cut it down to 1 a day already a while back, and yes it does... agree the heavy-handed approach is just stupid.

Just saw an interesting soda comparison (speaking of Willie)...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554706_482088655149984_376796741_n.jpg

:guitar:

That totally ignores the shit you eat when you smoke dope.

Nickdfresh
06-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Where are you Nick? We call it pop here too.

Have to be careful with juices. A lot of the fruit ones have more "sugar" than pop.

Buffalo...and I really don't even drink much juice. Apart from too much beer, I drink V8 and water mostly with the occasional pop...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2012, 08:54 AM
As usual, Jon Stewart hits it out of the park....

The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook

jhale667
06-16-2012, 03:24 PM
That totally ignores the shit you eat when you smoke dope.

And that's assuming you don't have the will power not to eat the corners off tables. ;)

Hardrock69
06-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Seeking to limit popcorn is totally wrong. Popcorn has been shown to have incredibly high content of anti-oxidants, and is now considered very healthy.

But I would not expect any government agency to have any sort of intelligent thought on the matter.....they are just lashing out.

It is as if someone has accused them of not doing anything about healthy food (like it is their business to deal with such crap) and so they go overboard trying to show the world "Hey, we ARE doing SOMETHING about bad food....".

Why the fuck don't they just put the entire population of NYC on Soylent Green? :mad:

Hardrock69
06-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah...in NYC now they want to make Soda Pop TWICE as illegal as marijuana! :hee:

FORD
06-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Popcorn might be healthy if it were from organically grown corn with a little bit of real butter on it. Of course this theater popcorn is all GMO crap drenched in trans-fats and tons of salt. Which causes you to need those 44 ounce drinks that Mikey Bloomberg doesn't want you to buy.

tbone888
06-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Looking at that chart comparison between cola and pot...WOW, theres some lies in that chart. The main one being no carcinogens in pot smoke. Do the research. Pot smoke is unfiltered and much worse, and has way more carcinogens, than cig smoke.

ELVIS
06-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Anything you burn is a carcinogen...

jhale667
06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Looking at that chart comparison between cola and pot...WOW, theres some lies in that chart. The main one being no carcinogens in pot smoke. Do the research. Pot smoke is unfiltered and much worse, and has way more carcinogens, than cig smoke.

Yeah, inhaling a cig through a filter with fiberglass and god-knows-wtf-else in it it is FAR healthier...:rolleyes:

FORD
06-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Anything you burn is a carcinogen...

It's certainly possible.... which is why it's probably better to cook with it instead. Like any other herb....

http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/

ELVIS
06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Well, I know pot brownies taste like crap...:biggrin:

jhale667
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, I know pot brownies taste like crap...:biggrin:

So, you can't cook, either? :hee:

jhale667
06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
It's certainly possible.... which is why it's probably better to cook with it instead. Like any other herb....

http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/

Vaporizors are much better for you than smoking it.

Angel
06-18-2012, 03:55 PM

It was comparing to marijuana, not the smoke. Marijuana butter, cookies, etc.