PDA

View Full Version : my 30th present- Gibson les paul custom classic - with burnt maple fret board

col5150
06-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Hey folks aint posted in an absolute age but had to share what my wife got me for my 30th birthday.

The Gibson les paul custom classic in antique natural, because of the gibson wood confiscation the fret boards are infact maple, that they have baked to make it dark.

Absolutely love it, plays like a dream

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Nice classic look. I really could care less about what kind of wood my guitars are made of just as long as they play and sound good. Who knows, maybe in the future it will be more collectable because they had to get around having their wood stolen by the government.

ashstralia
06-18-2012, 06:33 AM
good onya col! and happy birthday too.

as much as i've tried over the years, the gibson thing just doesn't work for me. beautiful axes though.

ELVIS
06-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Nice...

:elvis:

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 12:13 PM
good onya col! and happy birthday too.

as much as i've tried over the years, the gibson thing just doesn't work for me. beautiful axes though.

I've busted the head stocks off of two Gibsons. I rarely put a guitar in a case and leave them laying around. That's why I'm a Fender guy. The only way you can break a Fender is by smashing it on a concrete floor.

ELVIS
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
You could hit a baseball with a Fender neck...

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Especially with the big U shaped neck on my 72 Strat. I mean Leo Fender was not a musician but he had musicians help design his stuff and he would loan out the products and then use the feedback from the gigs to make them better. The goal was to make an affordable product that could hold up under lots of use. He nailed it.

Gibson was a more traditional company and when the executives there first saw the Telecaster they laughed and said it looked like a toilet seat. I mean to a company that was used to making guitars the traditional way a routed out plank with a bare maple neck screwed onto it must have given them a good laugh. But it was function and that concept has held up.

A Les Paul has to be babied. It has to be in a case or it's going to get broken. You don't play it in bed while waiting for the chick to come out of the bathroom and then toss it to the floor when she comes out naked ready for some fucking. You will break your Gibson but the Fender can take it.

Hardrock69
06-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Congrats on the cool bufday present!