PDA

View Full Version : Jack Osbourne has MS

Diamondjimi
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Jack Osbourne has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, he tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Just two weeks after he and fiancée Lisa Stelly welcomed daughter Pearl Clementine, Osbourne, 26, was dealt the shocking news. In an exclusive, sit-down interview and photo shoot with PEOPLE magazine, Jack and his mother Sharon open up about their emotional ordeal.

"I was just angry and frustrated and kept thinking, 'Why now?' " Jack tells PEOPLE. "I've got a family and that's what's supposed to be the most important thing."

Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects the central nervous system – the brain and spinal cord – and can cause problems with muscle control and strength, vision, balance, feeling, and thinking.

MS differs in each case, with some people going through life with only minor problems and others becoming seriously disabled. Most people fall somewhere between those two extremes.

Link (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20604748,00.html)

binnie
06-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Oh, man.

I feel for him as this is a horrible, horrible disease.

vandeleur
06-18-2012, 04:27 AM
yeah i justy read that... Its a terrible thing to happen to someone . Its a nightmare for the individual and devastating for the family.

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Too bad. Jack seemed to have gotten his life in order. He went from a fat, sloppy, drug addicted kid to a fit, sober, adult. He produced a pretty good movie on his father's life. I watched the mom of a friend slowly degenerate from MS. It was a real mess. His dad dumped her for a younger piece of ass. Easy to do when you are a well to do anasthesiologist with three Porsches. That just tore the family apart and the kids had to deal with mom.

ELVIS
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Further proof that doctors are incapable of taking care of people...

jhale667
06-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Sucks to hear...he did seem like he was just getting his sh*t together...

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Further proof that doctors are incapable of taking care of people...

It has nothing to do with being a doctor. In fact, most the doctors I know went into medicine because they wanted to help people. In my experience medical people seem to be born for the job. When they were kids they were the ones who brought the sick or injured animals home and nursed them to health.
It's not easy becoming a doctor and I think if you are just in it for the money you aren't going to make it through the whole process of becoming one. It's lean times in the early stages especially now with the education costing a fortune. I can tell you any young out of school doctor going into family practice is not doing it for the money.

The situation with this particular guy is he wanted to stay young. He was the intelligent work hard play hard type. When his wife got old and started to lose her mind from MS she no longer was capable of keeping up with his lifestyle. It was the classic case of dad being a good provider but more into persuing his own dreams than slowing down to be there emotionally for his family. The guy truly lived the rock and roll lifestyle. In his profession he was one of the best. It's just that an aging wife losing her mind and dealing with emotional stuff in the family was not part of his agenda. He was more than generous on a financial aspect but a big loss on the emotional side of things.

Some people just shouldn't get married and have kids. Dave once said he avoided that because he couldn't make the commitment. That's what it really boils down to.

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Sucks to hear...he did seem like he was just getting his sh*t together...

He was on a television program and I didn't recognize him. He had lost the weight and toned up. I know that isn't easy especially for a person who has been inactive during their youth. Jack grabbed the bull by the horns and got his shit together and this happens. It's one reason I truly believe we live in upper hell. The shit train can hit at any time.

ELVIS
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
No dude, for the most part doctors game the system...

They suck insurance policies dry and they are shills for big pharma...

They might care about you a little more than the politicians, but not much...

The ones who truly do care move into holistic medicine or another field altogether...

:elvis:

Nitro Express
06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Some doctors are that way. Not all of them. It's like any profession. I've seen the bad side of it and I've seen the good side of it. My doctor is a big believer in preventative medicine. In fact our local hospital offered free nutritionist consultations. Most people in this country are dying because of their eating habits. So the hospital provided a free service for people to come in and learn how to eat healthy and hopefully stay out of the hospital. That really doesn't sound like Snidley Whiplash trying to get every last dollar out of people by keeping them sick and telling them they need a bunch of pills.

The bottom line is you are in charge of your health. Most people's health problems are the result of their choices. Also, most people are relatively healthy if they eat right, get some exercise, and stay off the drugs, tobacco, and large amounts of booze.

Never was
06-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Interesting view that a profession that has experienced 20 years of real wage DECLINE is comprised of folks motivated by money and the ones who care leave.

Well there are some like that and some just bad docs but to paint a profession with declining real wages as money motivated is bad math and ignorant. You know people that work in Mcdonalds make more per hour than residents in the US med schools? Residency is anywhere from 3-7 years pending on specialty. Uncaring bastards. Do not allow facts to get in the way of a rant.

Just to anticipate no I am not an apologist for docs nor do I nuzzle a docs sack. I do eat ones pussy but never nuzzled a sack.

and i do it well

ELVIS
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Educating and taking care of your self is the best medicine...

The good does not outweigh the bad in the sick care system...

Never was
06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
The health care system is sick from bad policy, pharma companies, lack of tort reform, bad training, rewarding bad behavior, and the list goes on...

But that doesn't mean docs barely care at all, or are money motivated etc...

They are as frustrated by the many shortcomings as well because most do care

FORD
06-18-2012, 01:06 PM
"Lack of tort reform"???

Oh yeah, taking away the ONE tool that people have left to fight predatory capitalism, that will sure solve the problem.

Never was
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
No its not taking it away but the current system leaves patients without remedy for typically a decade, leaves bad docs in place, drives up costs, mandates docs practice cya medicine and focus on liability management instead of patient care plus causes patients to undergo massive amounts of unneeded tests and delayed treatment. In states like Florida docs go bare without insurance cause its too expensive to pay $100 k a year for $250 insurance that will be not enough. So patients have no remedy they can get a judgement but then doc declares bankruptcy and homestead protection and patient gets shit.

That should not be reformed?

Docs and patients lose without reform to reduce costs, reduce CYA medicine, and provide more arbitration to speed the process for patients. Lawyers do lose on tort reform. FYI vast majority of all politicians are prcticing lawyers.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-18-2012, 02:48 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/Thread-hijack.jpg

Never was
06-18-2012, 03:55 PM
My bad

fraroc
06-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Jesus.... this is absolutley terrible and he dosen't deserve this after becoming such a mature, clean cut, young man....My Mom's boss' husband was diagnosed with MS when he was 30 and he had it bad :( he died just two months ago, and in the end he was in a total vegitative state. He couldn't walk and talk, he was on a feeding tube and ECMO (Heart/Lung bypass machine) and in all out terrible shape. But I gotta give that woman and her daughter credit, they knew damn well that man was on his deathbed. They were basically by his bedside 24/7 until his passing.... :(

lesfunk
06-18-2012, 04:08 PM
He's got a cunt for a mom too.

FORD
06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah... I never would want to wish such a devastating disease on anybody, but if someone in the Osbourne family HAD to get it, Sharon would have been far more deserving. :(

Hardrock69
06-19-2012, 03:40 AM
Man that sucks ass. He did not ask for that. Nobody does. :(

Nitro Express
06-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Healthcare is just a big stew of corruption. I can remember when health insurance was reasonably priced only 20 years ago and the patients abused it. I remember people just going to the doctor for something a band aid and some ointment would have fixed but the insurance covered it. Too many people start doing that they have to raise the rates. Then you have the lawyers. I don't know what it is now but in the 1990's the cost of the doctor's liability insurance for each baby delivered was $1000. That cost was passed onto the patient.

Then you had the pharmacutical companies over charging on medications and then the insurance industry started over charging.

Now the new so called socialized medicine scheme we call Obamacare is robbing Medicare. Then of course those programs get overbilled. I paid $12 cash for some medicine that Medicare gets charged $118. So that shit goes on. Then you have all the people selling shit and billing it to Medicare.

So it's 360 degrees of corruption and everyone is to blame.

Nitro Express
06-19-2012, 03:47 AM
No its not taking it away but the current system leaves patients without remedy for typically a decade, leaves bad docs in place, drives up costs, mandates docs practice cya medicine and focus on liability management instead of patient care plus causes patients to undergo massive amounts of unneeded tests and delayed treatment. In states like Florida docs go bare without insurance cause its too expensive to pay $100 k a year for $250 insurance that will be not enough. So patients have no remedy they can get a judgement but then doc declares bankruptcy and homestead protection and patient gets shit.

That should not be reformed?

Docs and patients lose without reform to reduce costs, reduce CYA medicine, and provide more arbitration to speed the process for patients. Lawyers do lose on tort reform. FYI vast majority of all politicians are prcticing lawyers.

We should have an open season on lawyers to thin the herd. One thing that could be done is have a loser pays the defendant's court costs. That would end a lot of the frivolous bullshit. Nobody would sue unless they knew they were in the right and could win.

Hardrock69
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
So this should happen with the stupid fucking "birthers" in Florida. We all know their "lawsuit" is not even going to be allowed to proceed. So they should be fined for wasting the court's time.

But I digress.

Tragic for Jack.

Though I would think it divine justice if his Mom wound up fidgeting in a wheelchair while foaming at the mouth and crapping all over herself.