PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth London Club Show 12.06.2012

mumpy73
06-20-2012, 02:32 AM
We'll I guess we're kinda lucky in London as we sometimes get these club shows at short notice.

Megadeth played at Camden's Electric Ballroom last week (capacity 900) and I got a ticket. Was really hoping for a killer club show - maybe rust in peace or peace sells played or something special, but no Mustaine & co played just the normal festival set from the tour. Really "safe". How things have changed over the years.

Looks like he's mellowing with age, unlike the Mighty VH. A real shame. Here's a review and pix if anyone's interested. http://safcsmoke.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/deth-in-ballroom-2012-megadeth-style.html

I have Kiss in a small theater in two weeks at London's HMV Forum. Should be class.

sadaist
06-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Wow! I haven't seen them live in over a decade. But I'm gonna say that set-list sucks balls. Not what I would pick at all. I mis the days where they always opened with Wake Up Dead and The Conjuring. And not 1 song of the first album? WTF? Oh well. Glad Ellefson is back and love Megadeth.

Dave's Bitch
06-20-2012, 06:09 AM
I am so jealous of you mumpy.Two of my three top bands in small club venues,I got to move to london :).I have to agree the set list is lacking.Some great song's but yes it is a very safe set.I would have hoped to hear a few earlier song's.And what is up with leaving Tornado of souls out again?

binnie
06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Megadeth is the band I've seen most times live, and they're very hot/cold.

But when they're on, they're on. Of all the 'Big 4' bands they're the ones making the best music today....

mumpy73
06-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I am so jealous of you mumpy.Two of my three top bands in small club venues,I got to move to london :).I have to agree the set list is lacking.Some great song's but yes it is a very safe set.I would have hoped to hear a few earlier song's.And what is up with leaving Tornado of souls out again?

Well I gotta a spare room if you're ever in town for a gig Dave. We are lucky in London, EXCEPT we never get Van Halen think it must be the weather or something! When the new tour dates were announced on boxing day last year I jumped on a plane and saw the Toronto show which was unbelievably.