PDA

View Full Version : Kiss Help for Heroes London Show July 2012

mumpy73
06-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Not sure if you guys know but after The UK's Sonosphere festival was canned, Kiss had flights and visas booked for a few days in the UK so they announced a tiny theatre date at London's HMV forum for 4th July. Tix were to go on sale the following day and at £50 you immediately thought of expensive ticket for a club gig, however its been announced all money is going to the Help for Heroes charity, a terrific cause.

They sold out in 90 seconds and I was lucky enough to get a pair.

I guess my question is, are Kiss well know over their for supporting the troops, and are they high profile with an anti war stance in your US media?

Hope to post a review of the show afterwards.

Nitro Express
06-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Who you see the most in the media here is Gene Simmons because he has had a hit reality show for several years. As far as the band as a whole goes, I've never seen them talk politics and they are usually just promoting the band. Gene is well known for his support of people serving in the military. I think a lot of that comes from it was people serving in the military who ended the Nazi occupation of Europe and liberated his mom from a concentration camp. Without people serving and putting their lives on the line he would not be here. He's mentioned that. If KISS promoted anything philosophical it was to dream big, believe in yourself and go out and pursue it.

Dave's Bitch
06-20-2012, 05:50 AM
Cannot wait for a review.I have heard Paul delve a little into the support our troops stuff during his on stage banter once or twice.I really wanted to try and get to that show but wow 90 seconds.Hope you have a great night mumpy.Can't wait for the review :)

Nitro Express
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Bring the troops home, send the politicians and bankers to the war front.

gbranton
06-20-2012, 04:41 PM
If KISS promoted anything philosophical it was to dream big, believe in yourself and go out and pursue it.

This is what drew me to KISS as a kid, they were the first rock band I was a fan of.

Seshmeister
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I guess my question is, are Kiss well know over their for supporting the troops, and are they high profile with an anti war stance in your US media?

The very opposite.

Gene Simmons is very pro any war that the Israeli government is in favor of which is most of them.

Knowing Kiss I would imagine that any donation is net of their costs so likely to be very small.

Nickdfresh
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Unless the cause is Gene $immon$...

mumpy73
06-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. all good. Re the charity, Help for Heroes http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ is huge in the UK having already raised £137m for troops in recent years. The gig was billed as Help for Heroes present Kiss. I doubt they will ever play anything as small in the UK again so it should be pretty cool. The Kiss merchandise machine will not doubt be in full swing, and hopefully there will be a shirt for the show available on the night. I'll post a review on this thread.

Seshmeister
06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Looks like a cool venue I've never been there.

I don't think Help for Heroes should need to exist, what they do should come from the government defence budget but that's a different story...

mumpy73
06-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Yep it's a nice place. Standing downstairs for a thousand and unreserved seating upstairs. You are never far from the stage.

Now if only the govt pot had enough to go round everything . . . . .

Seshmeister
06-24-2012, 04:47 AM
There is enough in the pot, for a start they just pissed away £100 million.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9256977/Aircraft-carrier-omnishambles-wastes-100-million.html

ELVIS
06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Bring the troops home, send the politicians and bankers and U2 and Bono to the war front.

I agree...

:elvis:

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Bring the troops home, send the politicians and bankers to the war front.

Or how about send the politician's kids to the war front....

DavidLeeNatra
06-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Or how about send the politician's kids to the war front....

no...you can't blame a kid for fucked up parents...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-24-2012, 12:37 PM
no...you can't blame a kid for fucked up parents...

Agreed, but you can bet your bile duct that the politician would think twice about sending troops somewhere if it affected his kid....