PDA

View Full Version : My son will be in a movie with Harrison Ford!!!

JenniferM
06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I just had to brag on my son!
They did some filming for a new Harrison Ford movie "42" here in Chattanooga. It's a film about Jackie Robinson and they were filming at a very old baseball field here in town. My son got in as an unpaid extra for the first week of filming. The casting company then sent out an email stating that if any of the unpaid extras wanted to be a paid extra for a few scenes, they would need to submit 3 photos. Well, my son did and they called him that day. He filmed for 2 days and in one of the scenes he is sitting about 4 feet behind Harrison Ford!!
I know, it's not that big a deal for a lot of you, but it sure was for my son. He's interested in doing film production and editing, so this was HUGE for him.
The film is due to be released next spring. I'll post a pic of my son then and you guys can look for him if you go see the movie.

By the way, today he asked me: "Mom, what would you think about me getting a Van Halen tattoo?". I told him that he is 19 and it was fine with me if that's what he wants. He is thinking about just getting the original symbol, nothing fancy. How cool is that?

Diamondjimi
06-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Very cool! :thumb:

Angel
06-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Good for him! What's with the unpaid extra crap? Cheap fucking bastards. Hope he got union rates for the paid stuff, and was treated well. Some production companies treat extras like shit...

Background performing is a great way to get a feel for the set experience, and is the first rung on the ladder in the industry.

I always like to hear that someone pursuing film-making is experiencing what it's like on the other side of the camera, makes for a better director, imo.

BITEYOASS
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Great! Just make sure he avoids getting involved with any movie staring Stephen Baldwin.

kwame k
06-21-2012, 12:19 PM
:lmao:

chefcraig
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Good for him! What's with the unpaid extra crap? Cheap fucking bastards. Hope he got union rates for the paid stuff, and was treated well. Some production companies treat extras like shit...

It all depends upon the company, yet then again, if you are filming a crowd scene at a baseball game, you can't expect the outfit to pay every person sitting in the stands. In fact, when The Natural was filmed, the production company wound up using cardboard cutouts of "people", and moving them up and down with 2x4s.

On a related note, this is somewhat interesting: Greatest Crowd Film Scenes/AMC
(http://www.filmsite.org/filmcrowds.html)

sadaist
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
check this out

http://www.inflatablecrowd.com/default/Home.html

also

http://web.me.com/crowdinabox/Site/About_Me.html

vandeleur
06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
chicken foot will be ringing those bad boys up right now .... fat tart could probably blow it up himslef all the hot air he talks :biggrin:

chefcraig
06-21-2012, 01:51 PM
chicken foot will be ringing those bad boys up right now .... fat tart could probably blow it up himslef all the hot air he talks :biggrin:

It simply has to suck when in order to halfway fill a 2000 seat arena, roughly 85 to 90% of your audience winds up being inflatable.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/borosel/johndoll.jpg

sadaist
06-21-2012, 01:55 PM
It simply has to suck when in order to halfway fill a 2000 seat arena, roughly 85 to 90% of your audience winds up being inflatable.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/borosel/johndoll.jpg

I guess it depends where you have to put your lips to blow them up...

chefcraig
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I guess it depends where you have to put your lips to blow them up...

From the image, it would appear that Hagar already bit off the valve.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
My film career is already well-established...

I'm in the left field upper deck during this scene (it's actually filmed at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, not Cleveland)....

The PA announcer told us between innings they were filming, and to go nuts when we heard the music....

Not that we needed to hear that, considering how hammered we all were that night.... :D

chefcraig
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah, my cinematic immortality was represented when I showed up onscreen for roughly two seconds during one of the chase scenes filmed in Fort Lauderdale for the absolutely dreadful Smokey & The Bandit III. The production company spent an entire day filming on the street where my auto parts store was located, running cars up and down the road. My coworkers and I took turns going out front each time they went past, and by random luck, I was present in the take used in the movie.

jhale667
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Hey, I was an extra in Rock Star (horrible movie, I know) ...lol Funny thing about that shoot, for all the concert footage, everyone else was aping along to a pre-recorded track, but Zakk Wylde was really playing...he kept everyone entertained with riffs and solos between takes...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-21-2012, 02:40 PM
It's a fun movie to watch, especially with Jennifer Aniston in there....

PETE'S BROTHER
06-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Hey, I was an extra in Rock Star (horrible movie, I know) ...lol

so was ralph....

sadaist
06-21-2012, 02:56 PM
It's a fun movie to watch, especially with Jennifer Aniston in there....

I kinda enjoyed the movie. Not something I would buy on dvd to re-watch over & over....but fun once or twice.

vanshipman
06-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah I've seen worse movies than Rock Star, plus Jennifer Aniston is pretty hot in anything she's in, do I'm down with that. Some pretty funny scenes in there as well.

binnie
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Rock Star is a decent enough popcorn movie.....

Nitro Express
06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Cool. Harrison is a resident of Jackson Hole where I live. I see his DeHavilland Beaver flying over the valley time to time. He volunteers his pilot skills and helicopter for our local search and rescue. I've never met him but I hear nothing buy good about the guy. He doesn't have the egoed celebrity attitude.

I love in this video how Harrison says he doesn't have to work for a living then goes I'm the luckiest man in the world.

Hardrock69
06-22-2012, 01:23 AM
I have been on one film that I know of. I was about 14 or 15 and there was a cheap, really BAD (not worth EVER seeing.....not even if you LIKE bad movies) film called King Kung Fu that was produced by a guy in Wichita, KS. Had a lot of local celebs (newscasters, etc.) in it.

Anyway, story goes, gorilla that was trained in kung fu in China is being shipped to the US as a goodwill gesture by China (hey, Nixon went over there only a few years before...too bad they let him leave to come back here...but I digress...). Gorilla escapes at the airport and goes nutso.

So one day out of coincidence, I was at the local AAA franchise game...the Wichita Aeros (Cubs affiliate) and some other team. And they shot a bunch of scenes before and after the game.

I am somewhere in the crowd.

Only a couple of years ago I remembered that movie....but had never seen it. So I actually spent like 10 bucks to order a DVD of it.

It was so bad. I mean, it was HORRIBLE.

It was kinda neat to see footage of the city from the early 70s. But basically it got to a point where I just turned down the sound and fast-forwarded through it.

I have been on national TV once.

ABC's In Concert '91 was filming at a theater in Pasadena. Lynch Mob was headliner, with Little Ceasar, Firehouse, Roxette, and some ho who was Brett Michael's girlfriend at the time.....

If I go frame by frame....there is a spot during the Lynch Mob set where they are shooting the stage with the camera back by the sound console. I was standing up, and my silhouette can clearly be seen.

But I am the only one who knows what to look for, lol.

I have been at a couple of shows that were filmed. Another ABC's In Concert '91 was Irvine Meadows in July 1991 for Operation Rock and Roll. I cannot be seen. I learned my lessons from Monty Python, lol.

And....the one where I can clearly see the section I was sitting in but cannot zoom in to see stupid self was Heaven & Hell at Radio City Music Hall in 2007.

I WAS FUCKING THERE, BITCHES! :hee:

Nitro Express
06-22-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm in the Warren Miller movie Steep and Deep.

chefcraig
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm in the Warren Miller movie Steep and Deep.

Lemme guess...you lived next door to the guy who accidentally invented skiing when he drunkenly tied two fishing rods to his feet in order to increase his food supply while ice fishing one winter, then upon leaving his cabin tripped and slid down the side of a mountain?

private parts
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I just had to brag on my son!
They did some filming for a new Harrison Ford movie "42" here in Chattanooga. It's a film about Jackie Robinson and they were filming at a very old baseball field here in town. My son got in as an unpaid extra for the first week of filming. The casting company then sent out an email stating that if any of the unpaid extras wanted to be a paid extra for a few scenes, they would need to submit 3 photos. Well, my son did and they called him that day. He filmed for 2 days and in one of the scenes he is sitting about 4 feet behind Harrison Ford!!
I know, it's not that big a deal for a lot of you, but it sure was for my son. He's interested in doing film production and editing, so this was HUGE for him.
The film is due to be released next spring. I'll post a pic of my son then and you guys can look for him if you go see the movie.

By the way, today he asked me: "Mom, what would you think about me getting a Van Halen tattoo?". I told him that he is 19 and it was fine with me if that's what he wants. He is thinking about just getting the original symbol, nothing fancy. How cool is that?

Your son needs to speak with" Don Don" master of the =VH= tattoo and a fellow Tennessee Volunteer

Angel
06-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Your son needs to speak with" Don Don" master of the =VH= tattoo and a fellow Tennessee Volunteer

Why, is Don Don in the biz?

I play the lead role in the "Crime Stories" episode airing on the Investigation Discovery channel on July 9th. I believe the series is called "Blood, Lies and Alibis" in the US.

It's a crime re-enactment series so there's no lines, but a lead role is a lead role as far as I'm concerned!

Hope to have news regarding another TV series in the near future.

JenniferM
06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
He got a whopping $8 per hour for the paid stuff. But ya' know, he didn't care. He was in it for the experience. He had a blast, and they were very nice to him. But I was a little shocked when I heard the pay rate.

Background performing is a great way to get a feel for the set experience, and is the first rung on the ladder in the industry.

I always like to hear that someone pursuing film-making is experiencing what it's like on the other side of the camera, makes for a better director, imo.

JenniferM
06-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Superstar!!!!

my film career is already well-established...

I'm in the left field upper deck during this scene (it's actually filmed at oriole park at camden yards, not cleveland)....

The pa announcer told us between innings they were filming, and to go nuts when we heard the music....

Not that we needed to hear that, considering how hammered we all were that night.... :d

JenniferM
06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes, he needs to speak to someone. He wants to do it next weekend and can't decide if he wants black, color, or what. I told him just don't get the one with the rings. He looks at me like I'm crazy and goes "Duh, Mom. Like I would do that".

So any other opinions on the tat? He is putting it on his bicep and doesn't want to spend $300 on something overly ornate. Should he keep it one color? Or should he do a replica of the one on Van Halen I? Please share your thoughts on this. He reads my posts on here.

JenniferM
06-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Oooh, I'll have to watch that! Investigation Discovery is one of my favorite channels. I'll be lookin' for ya'

Why, is Don Don in the biz?

I play the lead role in the "Crime Stories" episode airing on the Investigation Discovery channel on July 9th. I believe the series is called "Blood, Lies and Alibis" in the US.

It's a crime re-enactment series so there's no lines, but a lead role is a lead role as far as I'm concerned!

Hope to have news regarding another TV series in the near future.

private parts
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Yes, he needs to speak to someone. He wants to do it next weekend and can't decide if he wants black, color, or what. I told him just don't get the one with the rings. He looks at me like I'm crazy and goes "Duh, Mom. Like I would do that".

So any other opinions on the tat? He is putting it on his bicep and doesn't want to spend $300 on something overly ornate. Should he keep it one color? Or should he do a replica of the one on Van Halen I? Please share your thoughts on this. He reads my posts on here.

Here's your guy. Have your son check out that TAT!!
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/member.php?22589-don-don

Angel
07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Did anyone happen to catch "Blood, lies and alibis" on Investigation Discovery last night? Should've been "my" episode.

If you did, yes that was me as Elizabeth Gatenby...

katina
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Did anyone happen to catch "Blood, lies and alibis" on Investigation Discovery last night? Should've been "my" episode.

If you did, yes that was me as Elizabeth Gatenby...

I watched that episode two weeks ago !!! on Investigation Discovery
I was hooked with the story, I´ve never heard about that crime before. You were brillant !!!

Angel
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Didn't even know it was airing anywhere but the States already. Thanks, Katina. It was creepy doing the scene with the young man (going into the hotel room).

Curious to see the scene where my mom and I find her husbands body. My direction was to give an evil look. It felt good at the time, but you never know for sure until you see it.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-10-2012, 01:05 PM
http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/blood-lies-and-alibis/EP01564359

may have to record it, a bit early on a sunday mornin'

katina
07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Didn't even know it was airing anywhere but the States already. Thanks, Katina. It was creepy doing the scene with the young man (going into the hotel room).

Curious to see the scene where my mom and I find her husbands body. My direction was to give an evil look. It felt good at the time, but you never know for sure until you see it.

What an incredible coincidence that I watched that episode.
It´s interesting because I never heard about that crime and I didn´t know you were playing Elizabeth Gatenby´s role.
I remember while I was watching, I thought that women has an evil look that gives me chills.....what a good actor one has to be, to play the role of a woman who hires her own son and another teenager to kill her own mother´s husband.
Now knowing that you played Elizabeth Gatenby´s part , I wish I would have recorded that episode.

chefcraig
07-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Apparently, the new episodes run three times a week (Premieres are on Mondays, rebroadcasts on Tuesdays and Sundays). For at least the next two weeks, there will be new episodes shown. After that, anyone that missed the show (like me :duh:) will have to wait for a rerun or one of those occasional marathons wherein the entire season is shown back to back over several hours. Sadly, the official site isn't set up for streaming episodic video.