PDA

View Full Version : William Shatner's Pants Fall During TSA Check

ELVIS
06-29-2012, 01:03 PM
This bullshit needs to be stopped... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/29/william-shatners-pants-fa_n_1637586.html)

http://smhttp.14409.nexcesscdn.net/806D5E/wordpress-live/images/william-shatner-is-not-amused-e1305559210642.jpg

Talk about getting caught with your pants down. Literally.

That was the predicament "Star Trek" actor and Priceline pitchman William Shatner found himself in recently at Los Angles International Airport when he was chosen for extra scrutiny by the Transportation Security Administration, reports The Toronto Sun.

Shatner, 81, was on his way to South Africa and was wearing loose-fitting clothes for the long flight and wasn't wearing a belt when he was pulled from the security line. As he was being checked, his pants fell to the floor, exposing his underwear to all around.

"It was awful to have people looking at me with my pants down," Shatner later said, "probably the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to me."

The actor isn't the first celebrity who's been embarrassed or worse at an airport checkpoint. As the watchdog blog TSA News notes, the list of well-known travelers subjected to special treatment at the airports includes Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson and Kyra Sedgwick.

There's even a blog dedicated to posting photos of celebrities "being groped, disrespected and inconvenienced" by the TSA.

As Lisa Simeone at TSA News, which documents what it considers abuses by the agency, wrote of celebrities, "I guess this shows that they’re 'just like you and me'. Or maybe the blue-shirted wonders just want to poke and prod the rich and famous."

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
06-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Man, the TSA is hiring some really sketchy people these days:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxy8/blogs/remember_this_day_and_how_you_felt/khan-320x240.jpg

FORD
06-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Geezus.... it's really getting bad when a Starfleet Admiral is suspected of being a "terraist" :(

jhale667
06-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Isn't he one of them dang ol' foreigners we have to be extra careful about anyway? ;)

sadaist
06-29-2012, 01:19 PM
I really liked his character in that new show "Sh@! My dad says". Problem was the kid who played the main character was the most awful actor I have ever seen. Zero charisma, zero comedic timing, zero believability. Detracted even from the great one-liners Shattner had. Bummer. Had high hopes for the show.

FORD
06-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Isn't he one of them dang ol' foreigners we have to be extra careful about anyway? ;)

No. He's from Iowa. He only works in outer space.......

ELVIS
06-29-2012, 01:34 PM
It's funny how you guys think stuff like this is no big deal...

ELVIS
06-29-2012, 01:35 PM
I hope he dropped his pants on purpose...

Fuck the TSA !!

:mad2:

FORD
06-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Fuck the TSA !!

Wouldn't surprise me....

I'm........ Captain.......James Tiberius Kirk.....goddamn it!! You.....want...to search me???

Kiss.......my.......ass....

Scotty.... beam me up!

FORD
06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxyOe0MYKhg

Nitro Express
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM

Fuck the TSA !!

I've boycotted commercial air ever since the TSA rolled in. I have never been through a TSA checkpoint. I fly charter so I don't have to. If people don't like it then don't fly. Vote with your pocket book, if you choose to fly then you have no right to complain because you did nothing about the problem.

If you don't like the banks, don't do business with them.

I hear all this complaining but nobody really is all that serious about sacrificing and doing without to change things. This country really has degraded into a bunch of sheep and no wonder those in power treat us like shit, they know they can get away with it.

Diamondjimi
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM

Actually he's from Montreal, but we don't hold that against him... :biggrin:

Seshmeister
06-29-2012, 02:51 PM

I think it's funny that Kirk found it so upsetting, I would just have laughed.

There are a hell of a lot more important things in the world than 30 seconds of hassle occasionally when you choose to fly.

FORD
06-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Of course, if you're Scottish, just wear a kilt and then they don't need to bother searching.

Seshmeister
06-29-2012, 03:19 PM
I've never worn my kilt through airport security.

I guess it would work ok.

Nickdfresh
06-29-2012, 03:23 PM

Actually, when I was flying to New Orleans, I was pulled out by a security detail, wanded, then patted down along with the other nondescript white guy ahead of me whom I'd never met. When we were both first tagged, we both gave each other the "really" look, then complied. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I'm more worried about TSA douchebags that pull out young females essentially so they can feel them up while an underwear bomber is lurking...

ELVIS
06-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Or the ones that steal your electronics...

FORD
06-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I got singled out at the Tucson airport twice on the same trip (coming and going) by the same TSA flunkie. The guy was about 5'6" so obviously it was the case of the short guy singling out the biggest guy in the crowd to "respect his authoritah".

Thankfully there wasn't much groping involved, and when he demanded I take my shoes off on the return trip, I said "They're the same shoes I was wearing last week, and since then, I've been hiking around the desert a lot, so they smell pretty bad, but if you REALLY want me to stink up the terminal, well OK. But hurry it up, I need to drink some beers before the flight." :gulp:

Dr. Love
06-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Geezus.... it's really getting bad when a Starfleet Admiral is suspected of being a "terraist" :(

He wouldn't have this problem if he didn't hang around people that like to ask about nuclear wessels.

Angel
06-30-2012, 07:43 AM

Do you really think we'd have someone host the closing ceremonies at the Vancouver Olympics???

Bill's a very proud Canadian from Montreal...well, Verdun to be exact...

Angel
06-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I've been getting pat-downs at airports for 22 years. I have a pacemaker so can't go through metal detectors, and the wands can screw up the device.

BITEYOASS
06-30-2012, 11:01 AM
According to the TSA and NSA's logic, everyone is a terrorist! But whenever a bombing suspects father goes to the US embassy to tell them that his son is planning an attack, they ignore it.

FORD
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Do you really think we'd have someone host the closing ceremonies at the Vancouver Olympics???

Bill's a very proud Canadian from Montreal...well, Verdun to be exact...

Yeah, I know that. I was just quoting one of his lines from Star Trek IV (still the best movie of the series)

Angel
06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I know that. I was just quoting one of his lines from Star Trek IV (still the best movie of the series)

Gotcha. I was wondering how the hell you would not know that, you do have more knowledge of Canada than your average US citizen

Angel
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I think it's funny that Kirk found it so upsetting, I would just have laughed.

There are a hell of a lot more important things in the world than 30 seconds of hassle occasionally when you choose to fly.

I would think it would be extremely embarrassing for an 83 year old...