PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck happened to the US of A

So this is love
06-29-2012, 11:05 PM
ok here it goes....I 'm taking a little vacation with my family here in Miami and my flight landed in Fort Lauderdale...I look at the signage and its all in both english and spanish...Gate/puerta...then I get to the condo and watch tv and HALF THE channels are spanish speaking...I am not a racist at all and do appreciate all nationality but WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!! at least I can get two and half men or Seinfeld reruns....lol

sadaist
06-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Can't have anyone be offended any more. You should visit southern California sometime. You'll honestly believe you left the country. But the spanish shit doesn't bother me half as much as every single customer service rep I need to call is in New Delhi and keep reading to me that they "can surely understand your frustration and appreciate you providing them the opportunity to resolve your issue".

So this is love
06-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Can't have anyone be offended any more. You should visit southern California sometime. You'll honestly believe you left the country. But the spanish shit doesn't bother me half as much as every single customer service rep I need to call is in New Delhi and keep reading to me that they "can surely understand your frustration and appreciate you providing them the opportunity to resolve your issue".

The New Delhi shit is a worlwide problem not only in SC and I have been to SoCal many times and you have my mercy...

Angel
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM
The New Delhi shit is a worlwide problem not only in SC and I have been to SoCal many times and you have my blessing...

One of my part-time jobs is at a call centre. We have a lot of Indians work for us, and callers always think they're calling India, when actually it's Canada. We still lie and tell them we're in whatever city the company is based out of.

So this is love
06-29-2012, 11:54 PM
One of my part-time jobs is at a call centre. We have a lot of Indians work for us, and callers always think they're calling India, when actually it's Canada. We still lie and tell them we're in whatever city the company is based out of.

Exactly...there is no more Canada or America its over they own us damn it!!!!!!! where is George Costanza when we need him?

motherchicken
06-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Things are much different here in the pacific northwest. Almost gives me hope that America is still alive and kicking. That is until the next time people decide all these illegals here already deserve amnesty.

So this is love
06-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Things are much different here in the pacific northwest. Almost gives me hope that America is still alive and kicking. That is until the next time people decide all these illegals here already deserve amnesty.
pacific northwest? You will be owned by the Chinese...we are doomed on all sides....we better Running with the devils....

motherchicken
06-30-2012, 12:17 AM
pacific northwest? You will be owned by the Chinese...we are doomed on all sides....we better Running with the devils....
Since you're such an optimist maybe you'll get lucky and the Mayans will be right about shit hitting the fan later this year.

So this is love
06-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Since you're such an optimist maybe you'll get lucky and the Mayans will be right about shit hitting the fan later this year.

I have my moments....but I have kids...and I'm realistic and fuck the Mayans.....Good luck to you ......and with your name you must be feeding Spammy waboritas

FORD
06-30-2012, 02:07 AM
If NuttyYahoo gets his wish to start World War III in Iran, it will all be over regardless of what the Mayans have to say about it.

But it's just as well, as it would be a better outcome than a Mor(m)on corporate raider for President with a Randtard teabagging Congress.

motherchicken
06-30-2012, 03:18 AM
I have my moments....but I have kids...and I'm realistic and fuck the Mayans.....Good luck to you ......and with your name you must be feeding Spammy waboritas

Motherchicken was the name of some garage band a buddy of mine had an album of back in the 80s. No relation to the band Chickenshit or Chickenchoker or whatever the chedhead calls that band him and Will Ferrel are in.

ashstralia
06-30-2012, 04:51 AM
go on, someone tell us who this mochook is!!

Angel
06-30-2012, 07:38 AM
Exactly...there is no more Canada or America its over they own us damn it!!!!!!! where is George Costanza when we need him?

Um, nothing is "over" for Canada. We're a multi-cultural nation. Nobody owns us. The point I was trying to make is don't assume just because you hear an Indian accent that they're in New Delhi...you may very well be speaking to someone here.

I have no problem whatsoever with our Indian immigrants. They're hard working, and they embrace our culture when they come here.

The only immigrants I have any problem with are the ones that bring their political bullshit with them.

Nickdfresh
06-30-2012, 08:25 AM
The OP is shocked people speak Spanish in Miami? I mean, like Cuba? About 1960?

Va Beach VH Fan
06-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Um, nothing is "over" for Canada. We're a multi-cultural nation. Nobody owns us. The point I was trying to make is don't assume just because you hear an Indian accent that they're in New Delhi...you may very well be speaking to someone here.

Oh hell yea.... Take a walk in downtown Toronto sometime, dozens of nationalities....

And the vast majority of them are very, very nice people....

So this is love
06-30-2012, 10:30 AM
My point being there is no need to bend over and have signage in multiple languages, I mean a GATE is a GATE, who needs a freaking puerta?

Zempi
06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
It (spanish) is probably pretty easy for you figure out signs if you speak French. I wouldn't get overly upset about it. It is what it is. Miami can be a really great city. When I land at the airport we always get spoken to in Spanish and I just get over it. I can understand completely and just answer in English (they usually assume my husband is latin and he's not-not a word of Spanish). Wait till you go somewhere in Miami and they can't speak English..then you will know what it is really like in Miami. I'm surprised actually a Canadian would feel this way....:) Just go enjoy it. Sure you will once you get the internet service and are able to watch the great videos that were posted!

My point being there is no need to bend over and have signage in multiple languages, I mean a GATE is a GATE, who needs a freaking puerta?

BITEYOASS
06-30-2012, 10:58 AM

I'd hate to hear what hindu-butchered french sounds like. Or are there enough unempolyed Quebecois to handle those phone calls?

BITEYOASS
06-30-2012, 10:59 AM
ok here it goes....I 'm taking a little vacation with my family here in Miami and my flight landed in Fort Lauderdale...I look at the signage and its all in both english and spanish...Gate/puerta...then I get to the condo and watch tv and HALF THE channels are spanish speaking...I am not a racist at all and do appreciate all nationality but WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!! at least I can get two and half men or Seinfeld reruns....lol

You'll have to blame Fidel Castro for that one.

FORD
06-30-2012, 11:57 AM
It is kind of ironic though that a Canadian is complaining about seeing signs in another language, when everything is in two languages on that side of the border. Even in BC, where there are probably more people speaking Mandarin Chinese than French.

ELVIS
06-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Try going to a walmart in Miami...

So this is love
06-30-2012, 12:36 PM
It is kind of ironic though that a Canadian is complaining about seeing signs in another language, when everything is in two languages on that side of the border. Even in BC, where there are probably more people speaking Mandarin Chinese than French.

Not complaing at all, just an observation from my part...and when I go to the states I don't expect anyone to answer me in French...try going to Iran and get answered in English...

Angel
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I'd hate to hear what hindu-butchered french sounds like. Or are there enough unempolyed Quebecois to handle those phone calls?

I have no idea about Quebecois or French, I'm in Saskatchewan.

BITEYOASS
06-30-2012, 02:04 PM
I have no idea about Quebecois or French, I'm in Saskatchewan.

You mean there aren't that many Fransaskois in Saskatchewan?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/Drapeau_fransaskois.jpg/640px-Drapeau_fransaskois.jpg

VAiN
06-30-2012, 02:06 PM

Miami is the worst. They don't speak a lick of english and have no intention of ever learning it. They're arrogant about it. Come up to Lauderdale Beach. White people and english, at least way more than down there.

Wait till you go somewhere in Miami and they can't speak English..then you will know what it is really like in Miami. I'm surprised actually a Canadian would feel this way....:) Just go enjoy it.

What the fuck is there to enjoy?? Terrible service because you don't speak their fucking language? Why would it be surprising for a Canadian who obviously speaks English to be annoyed that other people who come here don't speak the language?

Try going to a walmart in Miami...

Don't ever, ever, EVER do this.

I go to the states I don't expect anyone to answer me in French...try going to Iran and get answered in English...

Bingo!

motherchicken
06-30-2012, 03:32 PM
go on, someone tell us who this mochook is!!
Which mochook are you refering to?
BTW, WTF is a mochook?

Angel
06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Can't remember if it's in Calgary or Vancouver, but the airport gate signs are in English, French, Spanish, Hindi and (I believe) either Japanese or Mandarin. Doesn't bother me at all. They are called "international" airports after all.

Hell, the town I grew up in has had Japanese signs for YEARS.

Zempi
06-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Well there is alot to enjoy...especially if you live your life with glass half full and not empty. Even better if you do speak the language you don't miss anything. Surprised you living in Florida you have not picked up more already to make things easier. And, trust me, I have real estate and lived in FL that latin flair is not JUST in Miami anymore.

You may feel safe in FLL for now, but it is only a matter of time before that becomes 'overrun' as well. I guess you tolerate the West Indians because they can speak English and are friendlier. You better run for cover since the Spanish speakers are moving north.....but then again unfortunately we know all about the housing market so you better hope the Venezualans and Columbians with the cash don't start to opt for FLL...you may be stuck. I will agree some (Latins) in Miami can be arrogant but many people in the world are anyway.

I like Miami to VISIT...and I have a feeling the OP will enjoy it too in the end. At least he has a nice beach to go to that does not exist (like that ) in Montreal. Florida in general is a nice place to visit.

Lastly, you act like NO ONE speaks English and they cannot even order from a menu. As I said earlier, I am surprised the OP cannot speak or at least read enough in Frenh to figure out what is written in Spanish. It;s not always that far off. Then again, they are not going to have that problem with ZERO English.

Miami is the worst. They don't speak a lick of english and have no intention of ever learning it. They're arrogant about it. Come up to Lauderdale
Beach. White people and english, at least way more than down there.

What the fuck is there to enjoy?? Terrible service because you don't speak their fucking language? Why would it be surprising for a Canadian who obviously speaks English to be annoyed that other people who come here don't speak the language?

Don't ever, ever, EVER do this.

Bingo!

Zempi
06-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Just Kidding of course...

So this is love
06-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Vain lives in the area and understands what I mean....I go to a foreign country I want to fucking learn the language ...I can understand it may take time for certain people but FUCK don't start colonizing the country like you own it and start your own community and ignore the people that are already here...

So this is love
06-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Just Kidding of course...

lol and cheers to you...Philly? damn! from the place where they boo their own mascott...I love Rocky btw

Zempi
06-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Well I like Canadians too so I was easy on you...:)

lol and cheers to you...Philly? damn! from the place where they boo their own mascott...I love Rocky btw

ELVIS
06-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Vain lives in the area and understands what I mean....I go to a foreign country I want to fucking learn the language ...I can understand it may take time for certain people but FUCK don't start colonizing the country like you own it and start your own community and ignore the people that are already here...

The government has made a decision and therefore order you to three years of tolerance training at your local re-education camp...

Angel
06-30-2012, 06:39 PM
don't start colonizing the country like you own it and start your own community and ignore the people that are already here...

Oh, you mean like the Europeans did with First Nations peoples? ;)

So this is love
06-30-2012, 06:40 PM
The government has made a decision and therefore order you to three years of tolerance training at your local re-education camp...

well from my own observation in Canada (my country) tolerance will be forever... that brings me to another subject (MADE IN CHINA) but its for another thread now its dinner time...

So this is love
06-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh, you mean like the Europeans did with First Nations peoples? ;)

well you know about the exception rule...

Zempi
06-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Lol..

since you're such an optimist maybe you'll get lucky and the mayans will be right about shit hitting the fan later this year.

katina
06-30-2012, 06:43 PM

:jaw:

Zempi
06-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Katina is buying a house in Fort Lauderdale. Don't worry he will be there with his pocket translator;)

:)

:jaw:

Angel
06-30-2012, 07:07 PM
well from my own observation in Canada (my country) tolerance will be forever...

I use to think that about Canada too...then I moved to the prairies...I've never seen so many racist, intolerant s.o.b.'s gathered in one place in my life. (Sorry, WACF ;) )

What's even worse is that the people they are the MOST racist against are Native Canadians. Most have no clue whatsoever that Canada wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them. The US would have won the war of 1812, and the explorers and voyageurs would have perished without the friendship and guidance of our Indigenous brothers and sisters.

Okay, I'll shut up now because I'm about to go on a rant and completely derail this thread. :D

Back to the topic: there are a HELL of a lot of Spanish speaking people go through that airport, so they SHOULD have Spanish signs.
It's called globalization folks...get use to it.

:biggrin:

So this is love
06-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I say FUCK to Globalization...and yes go on a rant ANGEL...I'm going for an overlay priced drink in South Beach, SPAIN with my princesses...just kidding btw about my rant altogether...My heroes are Van Halen and Charlie Sheen..ok ok I think I should go now :winkglasses:

katina
06-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Maybe he also wants the Spanish speaking Countries erase english words from their signage, even if there is not much english speaking population living there.....
But he will not find the freaking puerta when he needs it.

Angel
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
But he will not find the freaking puerta when he needs it.

:lmao: :lmao:

BITEYOASS
06-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Then you have some English people who can't speak English! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL1jDcAHkc8

WACF
07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I use to think that about Canada too...then I moved to the prairies...I've never seen so many racist, intolerant s.o.b.'s gathered in one place in my life. (Sorry, WACF ;) )

:biggrin:

You must have met my dad...sorry.

knuckleboner
07-01-2012, 11:00 PM

that's the great thing about America. if people in iowa want signs all in english, they can. if people in miami want signs in both, they can.

it's kind of funny to me when people proclaiming to love America and freedom think that means the freedom to only do things the way THEY want it.

So this is love
07-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Fuck I think alcool and flying does no good to me....... I fucked up it was at La Guardia not FL that I saw sign in both spanish and english...then what about the chinese? I think they left out the chinese people...

Angel
07-04-2012, 11:02 PM
then what about the chinese? I think they left out the chinese people...

Wrong coast. You'll find the Chinese in the Pacific Coast airports.