View Full Version : Sasha Baron Cohen

envy_me
07-01-2012, 12:06 PM
He is a genius!! "How important is it for you to help other people?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc3H4UkkZgk

LMFAO

envy_me
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
This one is my all time favorite :D These morons go along with everything he says, and all is cool as long as it's under one lable, which is jock-manly-party lable. But the exact same actions get a total different meaning in another context :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhP0tOm6yt0

binnie
07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
I actually thought Bruno was the weakest of his films (although it still had it's moments).

Borat is the one that kills me.....

envy_me
07-01-2012, 02:25 PM
I think both are great. This last clip with the jocks wasn't from the film, I think, it is waaay back from the Ali G show. I like Ali G too :D

binnie
07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
The Ali G show was cool, but I didn't care for the film....

motherchicken
07-01-2012, 08:47 PM
I keep hearing he's gonna play Freddie Mercury on the big screen. I hope he doesn't make him look like a dick like Val Kilmer did to Jim Morrison in The Doors or Joaqin Phoenix did in Walk The Line to Johnny Cash. I know making Morrison look stupid was Oliver Stones doing. He wouldn't even let Val talk to Ray Manzarik before he made the movie. Never really heard why they did Johnny Cash like that.

envy_me
07-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I keep hearing he's gonna play Freddie Mercury on the big screen. I hope he doesn't make him look like a dick like Val Kilmer did to Jim Morrison in The Doors or Joaqin Phoenix did in Walk The Line to Johnny Cash. I know making Morrison look stupid was Oliver Stones doing. He wouldn't even let Val talk to Ray Manzarik before he made the movie. Never really heard why they did Johnny Cash like that.

Cohen is amazing actor, I doubt that he will fail. Otherwise Stevie Riks can play Freddie. Check out the links I posted in Joke thread :D

FORD
07-01-2012, 08:58 PM
No goddamned way in Hell is he going to play Freddie Mercury. That's the dumbest rumor since "David Coverdale is the new singer for Van Halen". And seems to come back to life just as often, yet equally based on NOTHING.

Is MelodiCrock pushing this one too?

If a Freddie Mercury/Queen movie is ever made, this is the guy they need to hire. He has the look AND the sound. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think he was Freddie's son. He did hit the pussy on a few occasions, didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atjhp8d9jJg

sadaist
07-01-2012, 09:04 PM
The Ali G show was cool, but I didn't care for the film....

It bothered me the few times I came across it while channel surfing. Never seen any of the guys movies. Not a one.

motherchicken
07-01-2012, 09:13 PM
No goddamned way in Hell is he going to play Freddie Mercury. That's the dumbest rumor since "David Coverdale is the new singer for Van Halen". And seems to come back to life just as often, yet equally based on NOTHING.

Is MelodiCrock pushing this one too?

It's not a rumor. Brian May did an interview with The Daily Record from The U K saying the band is giving the project the thumbs up. Wikipedia gives a link but I'm not computer savvy enough to give the link myself.

FORD
07-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Well, Brian May also thought it was a good idea to work with Robbie Williams, and Adam what's his ass from the dumb reality show, so that doesn't say a lot for his judgment. Hell, even the Paul Rodgers thing, for that matter. Great singer...... for Free & Bad Company. Not so much for Queen.

motherchicken
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, Brian May also thought it was a good idea to work with Robbie Williams, and Adam what's his ass from the dumb reality show, so that doesn't say a lot for his judgment. Hell, even the Paul Rodgers thing, for that matter. Great singer...... for Free & Bad Company. Not so much for Queen.
Any opinion of Queen with George Micheal?

FORD
07-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Thought he did a good job on "Somebody To Love", but I couldn't see him pulling off the hard rock stuff.

George Michael singing "Stone Cold Crazy"?? Not in this lifetime. :biggrin:

ELVIS
07-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Pull the old fork out of the remainder of Queen and stab another really deep this time...

That shit is sad sad sad...

envy_me
07-02-2012, 05:02 AM

I ALWAYS said if anyone should front Queen, it should be George. He is the ONLY one that can do it.

envy_me
07-02-2012, 05:04 AM
I was just about to write how the worst rumor ever was that Robbie Williams or that Adam should take Freddies place, but I see someone beat me to it.

I have a feeling that John Deacon is the one that makes sure these losers never takes Freddies place.

sadaist
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Pull the old fork out of the remainder of Queen and stab another really deep this time...

That shit is sad sad sad...

Yeah dude, I agree. Ain't nothing good happening without Freddie. But like all musicians, what else they gonna do? They never retire. Band guys play & make music until the day they die. Not sure what else these guys could do that would draw an audience larger than their family in the living room after dinner. "Hurry up dad, The Simpsons is about to be on!"

ELVIS
07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
They were good with Paul Rogers...

DLR Bridge
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
They could do something else and not call it Queen. The remaining Doors are just as dumb. Start something else or enjoy your retirement. Simplezzat!!

DLR Bridge
07-02-2012, 12:58 PM
They were good with Paul Rogers...

I heard that Celebrity song once and that was enough. Not a good fit IMO. Heard nothing other than that one tune, though.

Satan
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I was just about to write how the worst rumor ever was that Robbie Williams or that Adam should take Freddies place, but I see someone beat me to it.

I have a feeling that John Deacon is the one that makes sure these losers never takes Freddies place.

John Deacon has wisely opted out of participation in any of these frauds. He's the only member of Queen who has any integrity left.

Well... up there on Earth, at least.

envy_me
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
John Deacon has wisely opted out of participation in any of these frauds. He's the only member of Queen who has any integrity left.

Well... up there on Earth, at least.

Couldn't agree with you more.

ELVIS
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I heard that Celebrity song once and that was enough. Not a good fit IMO. Heard nothing other than that one tune, though.

I meant live on the old stuff...

DLR Bridge
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I meant live on the old stuff...

Oh. I picture that guy struggling to sing the Firm's Radioactive if he had to. He really did alright with Freddie's stuff? I'll have to check that out.

DONNIEP
07-02-2012, 01:27 PM
There's only one dude they should get to play Freddie.

http://i3.lulzimg.com/d42281c2e5.pjpeg

Seshmeister
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Kuwait Plays BORAT Theme AS Kazahkstan National Anthem-Full Version-with subtitles-Proper sound..
Borat anthem played by mistake at medals ceremony

KUWAIT: Kazakhstan's shooting team demanded an apology after a spoof national anthem from the comedy film Borat was played instead of the real one at a medal ceremony in Kuwait, the BBC reported on Friday.

The team's coach told Kazakh media the organizers of the Kuwait tournament had downloaded the parody from the internet by mistake and had also got the Serbian national anthem wrong.

Footage of Thursday's original ceremony shows gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko listening solemnly to the anthem before smiling. The ceremony was later rerun.

The spoof anthem, from the movie featuring British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan", praises Kazakhstan for its superior potassium exports and for having the cleanest prostitutes in the region. (Reuters)

envy_me
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
This guy should play Freddie in a movie :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8E4WDUzIMw

Satan
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh. I picture that guy struggling to sing the Firm's Radioactive if he had to. He really did alright with Freddie's stuff? I'll have to check that out.

Here ya go......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHD1sbqzxt4

....in this Devil's opinion, it's just the opposite of the George Michael thing.... Paul did OK on the rockers, not so much on the more "sensitive" stuff, that only Freddie could pull off without looking ridiculous.

Guitar Shark
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I actually thought Bruno was the weakest of his films (although it still had it's moments).

Borat is the one that kills me.....

Totally agree. Bruno was usually funny in the Ali G show clips, but the movie was pretty disappointing.

Borat was awesome!

Haven't seen his new movie (where he plays a king), but the previews weren't terribly encouraging.

motherchicken
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11340336
Here's the link.