PDA

View Full Version : CNN: High-speed Car Chases....And A Pathetic Excuse For A News Organization...

Hardrock69
07-10-2012, 05:59 PM
So I tune in just a few moments ago. Another high-speed car chase in L.A.

CNN stops all programming to report on this live as it is happening. More on that in a moment.

It is a black pickup, someone who was going to be arrested for child abuse decides to lead L.A.'s finest (ha) on a merry romp.

So for whatever reason, guy drives pickup truck off the road at high speed, through a wood fence, wrapping his truck around a tree next to a house.

During the live broadcast, and during all subsequent re-runs, the stupid bitch on CNN keeps mindlessly repeating: "We want to warn you that you may find this disturbing!"

Ok, so I see a truck go off the road....it just "sailed on out there..."...and crashed into a tree.

How in the fuck is that disturbing to ANYONE?

ARE THE STUPID CUNT ON CNN AND HER FUCKING PRODUCERS SO MINDLESSLY STUPID THEY SOMEHOW THINK SEEING A TRUCK RUN OFF THE ROAD IS GOING TO BE DISTURBING TO ANYONE?

Firstly, we ALL know the outcome! When we see such a thing going on, there are only a few possible outcomes:

1. Suspect crashes truck.

a) They live
b) They die

2. Suspect is voluntarily apprehended by po-po.

3. Suspect is involuntarily apprehended by po-po

a) Dead
b) Alive

NONE of the above is disturbing to viewers in the least!

The worst possible outcome would be if the helicopter video feed showed the cops and suspect having a firefight. And yes, that may be disturbing to some people who have a Chicken Little mentality where they are freaked out by the most trivial things on TV.

Anyone who has played any sort of modern video games sees the same sort of rubbish all the time.
Anyone who goes to see movies sees much WORSE rubbish all the time.

CNN are a fucking piece of shit news network.

Yes, when they get a live in-progress car chase going on, they stop everything else and cut to the chase (sorry for the bad pun, lol).

Aliens could be invading, Iran could be sending a missile over to us with a nuclear warhead, the Sun could be exploding, an asteroid could be getting ready to crash into our planet and destroying all life.....and these motherfucking dumbasses would STILL cut away from any of that because the producer would shriek:

"O MI GAWD! THERE IS A CAR CHASE HAPPENING IN L.A. RIGHT NOW! QUICK! PULL UP THE FEED FROM THE LIVE CHOPPER-CAM!!!!!!"

Which brings to mind something I was thinking about the other day.

90% of what is on CNN is just crap.

They are not a REAL news organization. They are a propaganda tool.

When something serious happens, they go into propaganda overdrive. Feeding the masses whatever our government wants spoon-fed to them.

When there appears to be no major events going on in the world, CNN delivers nonstop rubbish to deflect the masses from wondering about more important things. Like how our world is being run. The fact that our government is owned by corporations. The fact the nuclear meltdown in Japan is spewing so much radiation into our environment it is pathetic. The NW US has been receiving increased radiation levels since the tsunami in Japan last year, but you never hear about it on the news.

Instead, they run nonstop coverage of shit like the Trayvon Martin case.

That is what made me think about this shit the other day. Whats-his-face got released on bond.
CNN spent at least 25% of their time that day going on and on and on about how the guy got out on bail.

SO FUCKING WHAT????????

THEIR ARE HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO GET OUT OF JAIL ON BAIL OR GET OUT OF PRISON ON PAROLE EVERY FUCKING DAY!!!!

THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON TO WASTE ANYONE'S TIME ON AN INCONSEQUENTIAL STORY LIKE THIS!

SURE, THE GUY KILLED A 17-YEAR-OLD! HE MAY OR MAY NOT BE GUILTY OF MURDER, MANSLAUGHTER, HOMICIDE, SELF-DEFENSE, WHATEVER THE FUCK!!!

BUT IT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN HUNDREDS OF OTHER CASES OVER THE YEARS WHERE SOMEONE GETS KILLED BY SOMEONE ELSE AND THE DEFENDANT HAS TO PUT UP A DEFENSE!!!

IT IS A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME TO GO ON ABOUT IT! (Like I am doing now.) :hee:

THE GODDAMN TOM CRUISE KATIE HOLMES DIVORCE THING!

SO FUCKING WHAT?????

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE GET DIVORCED EVERY FUCKING DAY! GET OVER IT ALREADY!

Well, Tom and Katie DID get over it already, but it will take awhile for CNN to calm down about it.

The only way to get REAL NEWS about the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA these days if you are going with mainstream media is to check out news media from OTHER COUNTRIES.

They are looking at the forest from a distance....have no bias (for the most part) about a lot of stuff that goes on here, and will report on stuff that is being passed over in the US news by the order of the higher-ups.

Not only does CNN waste time with stories that don't mean shit.....they only report on what they can cram into half an hour.

They repeat the same stuff over and over and over again.

On weekends, they record one or two half-hour segments, then rerun them all day long.

God help them if they actually had to report on any REAL NEWS.

CNN (not Headline News) does not even RUN ANY NEWS AT ALL ON THE WEEKEND!

THEY SHOW NONSTOP MURDER CRIME SHOWS LIKE DOMINICK DUNNE, OR NANCY-GRACE-TYPE murder reality shows!

Just like MTV and other networks, they are slowly devolving from their original purpose into a "lifestyle" channel that has nothing to do with the name of their network.

Is it any wonder that people pay more attention to the internet these days as their source of information?

It is not so easy to control (well, it is pretty much impossible) information on the internet.

If you want REAL info about what is going on in the world, TV news is not the way to go.

FUCK CNN. Ignorant asslickers. :mad:

ZahZoo
07-11-2012, 09:29 AM
That's what you get on a slow news day and typical sensationalism of cable TV news... nothing new..

You do realize that the "some may find this disturbing" comments, which sound silly can work in several different ways. First and foremost it gets people to stay on the channel/story thinking it's gonna get good. Secondary... innocent by-standers could get killed at any time in a high speed chase... that's actually disturbing to many. Finally... the end may escalate to the police killing the idiot... again on live TV.

I find something disturbing or irritating anytime I watch the news on any channel. Unless something major is happening the filler is usually a waste of time. If it bothers you... exercise your finger on the remote!!

FORD
07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
No, I wouldn't find it disturbing if a child abuser crashed into a tree. Hell, actually I'd record that and watch it over and over again.

If you want to see something TRULY disturbing, watch the HBO documentary "One Nation Under Dog". There are some TRULY disturbing scenes in that show. I'm not even going to bother describing them, but its probably not something you would want young kids to see.

Angel
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I love the filler on our National morning news show, Canada AM. "Things I learned on the Internet".

private parts
07-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Also known as the Drive By Media- dirt bags.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/46bBWBG9r2o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/46bBWBG9r2o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

ashstralia
07-12-2012, 01:36 AM
who could ever forget being glued to the news 24/7 after that horrible day 11 years ago...
and then those two little english girls went missing. shit days, a boon for bigmedia

Angel
07-12-2012, 02:39 AM
who could ever forget being glued to the news 24/7 after that horrible day 11 years ago...

I wonder what news didn't get reported that week...

Nitro Express
07-12-2012, 02:52 AM
That's what you get on a slow news day and typical sensationalism of cable TV news... nothing new..

You do realize that the "some may find this disturbing" comments, which sound silly can work in several different ways. First and foremost it gets people to stay on the channel/story thinking it's gonna get good. Secondary... innocent by-standers could get killed at any time in a high speed chase... that's actually disturbing to many. Finally... the end may escalate to the police killing the idiot... again on live TV.

I find something disturbing or irritating anytime I watch the news on any channel. Unless something major is happening the filler is usually a waste of time. If it bothers you... exercise your finger on the remote!!

I hardly watch any TV. I've lost interest in it because most the programming is geared to entertain an 11 year old. The whole Associated Press standard for news went out of the window. Everything they taught us in journalism classes in college sure as hell isn't used in the real world now. If we did class assignments how they do the news now we would flunk out.

ThrillsNSpills
07-12-2012, 10:16 AM
"Some may find this disturbing."

strange thing for them to say to people since their whole purpose is to disturb you.
It's obvious or they wouldn't take these negative scenarios and go over them over and over and over.
Like Nancy Grace and Casey Anthony.

It's all to generate negative emotions....why else do we have reality shows with grown women throwing bottles at each other and cussing each other over he said she said crap.

Makes me enjoy the guitar even more. :)

Angel
07-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I believe it's to cover their own asses too...

Remember, you live in a country where the coffee cups have warnings that the "contents may be hot" just to avoid lawsuits should someone happen to spill said cup of coffee...

ThrillsNSpills
07-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I believe it's to cover their own asses too...

Remember, you live in a country where the coffee cups have warnings that the "contents may be hot" just to avoid lawsuits should someone happen to spill said cup of coffee...

Yes and we also have the shampoo rinse repeat directions on our shampoo.
I'm not sure how that would help the OCD patient who's still in the shower stuck on the repeat loop with way too clean hair.

Hardrock69
07-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Zah is right. That is a good statement to make to keep viewers glued to their TV set.

I guess sorta like the PMRC labels on CD. No label = wholesome clean non-threatening music, and what fun is that? :hee:

And I do exercise my finger on the remote. Just that sometimes I do want to tune in to the news to have some inking of what is going on in the world right at that moment without searching for it, lol.

And that leaves me open to whatever mung the media moguls are foisting on their viewership.

jhale667
07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
If I live to be 100 I'll never understand why people embark on high OR slow-speed chases in L.A. - You've got the cops and 3 or 4 helicopters in ADDITION to the police chopper tracking you. Has ANYONE ever successfully evaded the LAPD? Not to my recollection in the last 20 years...it's retarded.

As for "disturbing" police news footage, I don't think anything will ever top the infamous North Hollywood Shootout. Two wackos in body armor with machine guns holding off half the LAPD for 1/2 an hour, the one assailant getting shot by the cops and verbally abused by them while he bled out on the sidewalk (he deserved it, and since his buddy was still shooting an ambulance couldn't get to him anyway), and then the 2nd dude finally blowing his OWN brains out on national TV (seriously visible headshot, and his skull turning to jelly inside his ski mask) . Just brutal. And because at the time my office was right down the road in Sherman Oaks, we could literally hear the sirens and gunfire echoing in addition to the TV feed.... NOTHING got done that day the entire building was glued to the TV in our office...