PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio Stations

SunisinuS
07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Any good ones you would like to share? :yo:

I did a search and all before and saw someone just asked for Roth related so started this thread.

Here is a Progressive Rock one I like that is good for a Fattie and Saturday Afternoon:

http://auralmoon.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=39

Listen to the highspeed link.

DONNIEP
07-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Not really a station so to speak, but Pandora is one to check out. For those not familiar with it, it's free and it tailors the music to whatever you want it to be based on your rating of the songs it plays. And it does a pretty damn good job if you really stay on top of liking or disliking what it plays. Too bad Roth Radio isn't still "on the air" at the old Slawterhouse site...

VHscraps
07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I couldn't recommend an internet radio station, as such ... but I got myself an iPhone last year, and there is a great App called TuneIn Radio, which basically gives you access to all the internet stations out there. You can navigate it by various means - geographical location, musical genres (the menu has a bunch of categories), and by a load of other means.

What I liked about it was the surprise element. One morning when I was getting ready to go to work when I wanted most of all to do anything but go to work, I thought 'I'll see what they are playing in Los Angeles', and I landed on some middle-of-the night show playing Frank Sinatra, singing one of those 'I want more cocktails NOW!' kinda songs.

It was a damn good way to start a day I was not looking forward to.

Mr Walker
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I like Songza better than Pandora... the first song I heard with it was 'Doctor Doctor' by UFO.
I've also used iHeartRadio to listen to Chris Jericho's program.

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Tunein works on a PC or MAC just as it does on iPhone or droid...

A great tunein station is Rock Radio 1 (UK)

:elvis:

FORD
07-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Seems like most of these browser based internet radio pages get hung up too often, so I usually just find out what the URL of the actual stream is, and play it in VLC.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Try tunein...

:elvis: