PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten most underated 90's DLR solo songs?

WARF
07-14-2012, 07:24 PM
10) Black Sand - Great gem for the DLR Band cd. Atmospheric, and Roth in top form.

9) Sunburn - I don't know why I love this song so much... I just always have!

8)Going Places... - Forgotten gem on the DLR Band cd. It has a nice Zeppelin vibe to it.

7) Ain't that peculiar - Nice catchy little Marvin Gaye cover from the mid 90's. Unreleased.

6) Little Texas - Sounds like it could have been a diver down leftover. I love it.

5) Drop In The Bucket - Epic. Jason Becker rules!

4) You're breathin it - This was my original standout track from YFLM. I would have loved to seen this released as the first single instead of SHE'S Y MACHINE. The chorus was similiar in structure to Yankee Rose.

3) It's Showtime - The most Van Halen sounding song on ALAE.

2) No Big Ting - This song gets better every year I listen to it. One of Roth's best lyrical songs ever and my favorite on YFLM.

1) Slam Dunk! - Even though this was the first single on the DLR Band cd, it is still vastly underated. Alot of people forget Roth turned down a video and spot on the ARMAGGEDON soundtrack. This was a huge blooper on Daves' part.

Fairwrning
07-14-2012, 07:36 PM
The entire ALAE cd was underated imo...

WARF
07-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Believe it or not I have been listening to YFLM alot more than ADKOT this summer.... not sure why....

mohican
07-14-2012, 11:08 PM
I like his cover of Baker Street.

Angel
07-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Tin Cup Chalice. Damn, I gotta find myself a copy of that...

DONNIEP
07-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Tin Cup Chalice. Damn, I gotta find myself a copy of that...

Damn right girl!! I used to have it but it was consumed by computer hell and I've lost it forever. I want that whole radio show.

Angel
07-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Listening to him sing that sends chills down my spine.

Yount
07-16-2012, 07:34 AM
WARF has 'em all in there. Ain't that peculiar, the memories!!

But I must add Weekend With The Babysitter. Yeah I want a run for my money, I want it all right now or I don't want it at all...

loucap81
07-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Believe it or not I have been listening to YFLM alot more than ADKOT this summer.... not sure why....

I'm kinda conflicted about YFLM. I really like Experience and Sunburn, and I think there are some other decent songs on there like the title track and She's My Machine. The problem is that it has more flat-out atrocious songs than any other DLR album.

A lot of fans hold ALAE in high esteem which I don't get at all. I don't think it's much better than YFLM as a whole; the only difference is it doesn't have any atrocious songs. But I like Experience and Sunburn more than any song on ALAE.

Dave's Bitch
07-17-2012, 04:06 AM
I love It's Showtime

fourthcoming
07-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Lou, your more than entitled to your opinion but IMO there are tunes on A Little Aint enough that blow away ANYTHING on your filthy little mouth.

Big Fat Sammy
07-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Bam.

jacksmar
07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Tell me what you want
And I'll take the scenic route
Tell me what you want
With Your Filthy Little Mouth

hambon4lif
07-17-2012, 01:46 PM
This one deserves to be on that list somewhere....

The delivery is cool, laid-back, and Roth is in total control. It's in this particular area where he can't be fucked with.

:thumb:

DONNIEP
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Definitely a late night, drivin' down the highway with the windows rolled down, smokin' a cigarette kind of song...

This one deserves to be on that list somewhere....

The delivery is cool, laid-back, and Roth is in total control. It's in this particular area where he can't be fucked with.

:thumb:

VanHalenI
07-17-2012, 10:18 PM
I find master Roth's career post A little Ain't Enough underated..

Nigel
09-10-2012, 05:44 PM
10) Black Sand - Great gem for the DLR Band cd. Atmospheric, and Roth in top form.

9) Sunburn - I don't know why I love this song so much... I just always have!

8)Going Places... - Forgotten gem on the DLR Band cd. It has a nice Zeppelin vibe to it.

5) Drop In The Bucket - Epic. Jason Becker rules!

3) It's Showtime - The most Van Halen sounding song on ALAE.

2) No Big Ting - This song gets better every year I listen to it. One of Roth's best lyrical songs ever and my favorite on YFLM.

Love these and your explanations. For me, I'd add "Tell the Truth", right up Dave's wheelhouse, smoky blues and you can smell the mash whisky. Also " Don't Piss Me Off" although I'm pissed off I had to buy his hits just to get that song.

Baby's On Fire
09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Lou, your more than entitled to your opinion but IMO there are tunes on A Little Aint enough that blow away ANYTHING on your filthy little mouth.

ALAE rivals any VH album. It's a masterpiece and easily Dave's best solo album. In beats at least 3 classic VH albums.

lesfunk
09-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Lady Luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7af6RBDh4l8&feature=relmfu

ThrillsNSpills
09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
I can't believe somebody else would have No Big Ting in the top 2. Can't not turn that track up! It's so Dave, like Going Places is.

On Warf's list, I'd replace You're Breathin it with Dave's cover of Shine a Little Light. otherwise nailed it.

Kill the guy in front of me is a good one too. I'm messing up the title. I'm off to find my unreleased Roth disc.

78/84 guy
09-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Black Sand gives my goosebumps ! Fucking great song.

rocking ron
10-03-2012, 08:06 AM
still believe that ALAE came out 1 or 2 years too late, otherwise it was a 'smash-album' with a lot of hits like Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith etc, but there was back in '91 that 'grunge' hype!!

for me personally this is one of Dave's masterpieces:first::irst:

Monkeeman
10-06-2012, 07:34 AM
I agree about ALAE being released too late. If it had been released when Skyscraper was, it would have sold millions IMO. Great album and I love the ALAE video.

Lose The Dress
12-23-2013, 10:07 PM
All good responses here. I love It's Showtime! Also pretty much anything on DLR Band - especially Relentless, Lose The Dress, Slam Dunk, Little Texas, and Wa Wa Zat. Right now I would say my favorite DLR solo song is the title track from ALAE. Absolutely fantastic guitar work in there by Mr Becker.