PDA

View Full Version : Haha! Idiots Try To Rob Net Cafe...Get Shot By Old Man!

Hardrock69
07-18-2012, 01:17 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/surveillance-vid-shows-71-year-old-concealed-carry-holder-opening-fire-on-would-be-robbers/

Surveillance Vid Shows 71-Year-Old Concealed Carry Holder Opening Fire on Would-Be Robbers

Samuel Williams could soon become a poster child for concealed carry. Or rather a poster senior citizen.

Williams is being hailed as a hero this week after he sprung into action on Friday to thwart an armed robbery at an internet cafe. Williams was present when two masked thugs walked into the Palms Internet Cafe in Marion County, Florida. One of the men was brandishing a gun while the other had a bat. They started ordering patrons around and one smashes a computer screen. That’s when Williams took action.

Ocala.com explains what happened:

Williams was seated toward the back of the cafe dressed in a white shirt, shorts and baseball cap.

One of the masked men, identified as Duwayne Henderson, 19, comes in pointing a handgun at customers. The second man, Davis Dawkins, 19, is seen swinging a bat at something off screen, which was later identified as a $1,200 computer screen.

As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door.

Williams takes several more steps toward the door and continues firing as Henderson and Dawkins fall over one another trying to exit the building. The two eventually run off screen.

Surveillance video captured it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6z3T2mVeBE

oth of the crooks suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds and were later captured. And according to police, Williams — a licensed concealed carry gun owner — won’t face any repercussions.

“Based on what I have seen and what I know at this time, I don’t anticipate filing any charges,” Bill Gladson of the State Attorney’s Office, told Ocala.com.

But he’s not the only one talking. Some of the customers are. And they’re grateful for what Williams did.

“I think he is wonderful. If he wouldn’t have been there, there could have been some innocent people shot,” said Mary Beach.

UPDATE:

Ocala.com also has an interview with one of the robbers, Duwayne Henderson. In it, Henderson describes the robbery from his perspective:

“I feel horrible. It doesn’t feel good. It makes you think about life’s decisions, and how you should live your life,” Henderson said in an interview with the Star-Banner at the jail on Saturday afternoon.

Hours after his release from the hospital, Henderson, who talked about the pain he feels in his buttock and hip, said the plan was to “barge in, get the money and leave.” He said “he never expected anyone to be armed.”

“The gun was broken and rusty and wasn’t loaded. Nobody was going to get hurt,” he said, standing with crutches.

Retrieving the customers’ phones was what he said was their “main priority.” That way, he said, the customers could not call law enforcement officials.

Henderson theorizes the reason why he was caught off guard is because, when Dawkins entered the business, he busted a computer monitor with the baseball bat and “glass got into his face.”

“He couldn’t warn me,” Henderson said.

With the glass temporarily blinding his friend, Henderson noticed two women were behind the counter and he thought that was “fishy.” Turning around to see what the women were doing, Henderson said he was shot.

“I turned around to run and my

leg gave out. That was when I got shot. I hit the ground, and he was still shooting. I thought I was going to die,” Henderson said.

Henderson said that, “by the grace of God,” his “leg came back.”

“I ran,” he said.

He and his counterpart, Davis Dawkins, fled to a friend’s house and were eventually apprehended. Henderson says Dawkins used to be an employee at the cafe and knew there would be money on hand.

And even though Henderson seems to be carrying some remorse, he still has a bone to pick with Williams, the elderly man who shot him, for firing while he (Henderson) was on the ground.

“I was down, and I’m not going to continue to shoot you,” he said.

A piece of information Williams didn’t have the luxury of knowing.

gbranton
07-18-2012, 01:21 AM
That is the most awesome thing I have seen today, the only way it would have been better is if he has killed them both.

SunisinuS
07-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Don't get political....just relax. Most of concealed carries are legit when sanctioned by a Judge.... not by the legislature.

That is the most awesome thing I have seen today, the only way it would have been better is if he has killed them both.

And I am glad that you GBRANTON are judge jury and god to those two BOYS...if you see their reaction. The old dude used due force for the situation....I did see him shoot for the head....and only the old dudes optometrist is to blame for that miss. But this is not war.

Fucking re-watch "Grand Torino" before you cum on yourself thinking that killing someone is kewl. Even though you speaketh as a child...I do not see you as one...even in your excitement to kill someone. Sad. Once you do...I just hope you never do.

Chillex.

gbranton
07-18-2012, 02:07 AM
And I am glad that you GBRANTON are judge jury and god to those two BOYS...if you see their reaction. The old dude used due force for the situation....I did see him shoot for the head....and only the old dudes optometrist is to blame for that miss. But this is not war.

Fucking re-watch "Grand Torino" before you cum on yourself thinking that killing someone is kewl. Even though you speaketh as a child...I do not see you as one...even in your excitement to kill someone. Sad. Once you do...I just hope you never do.

Chillex.

I am not in a hurry to do harm to anyone. I hope to never have to harm anyone...........That is until they burst into the room I am in and point a gun at me or other innocent people. When they do that, they have made a conscious decision that whatever they are after is worth risking their life for. I hope it never happens to me but if it does, I will most likely figure it is me or them. I don't think that is cool. I don't think I am God. I don't think I am a judge or a jury...................I think I am the motherfucker who will do whatever it takes to live and if possible protect innocent lives.

The reason I said I wished he'd killed them is that those clowns will more than likely reoffend MANY times, be passed through the legal system multiple times at great expense to taxpayers and in addition to that, now the old man has to look over his shoulder the rest of his life. Not because I think it's cool. Not because it excites me, because it does not.

SunisinuS
07-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Doh! I just got demoted to Crazy Ass Mofo: And I agree that it is a feeling to hurt those that hurt others...I am just glad no one but the perps got hurt...and no one died. Those boys might someday grow to be men.*

TJMKID
07-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Senior citizens with guns are not the people you wanna fuck with because:

1) Not many years left on this Earth --- go out in a blaze of glory rather than perish slowly in a nursing home

2) Probably got lots of debilitating health problems --- dying in a gun fight might be a more humane death?

3) Older generation is not politically correct --- solve problems the "old school" way

4) No wife or kids to leave behind --- likely a widower and kids are already grown

5) NEVER FUCK WITH AN OLD GUY'S SOCIAL SECURITY MONEY IN A GAMBLING JOINT

Nitro Express
07-18-2012, 04:19 AM
My wife and I were eating at a Brazilian restaurant in Salt Lake City and some maniac loaded up a day pack with a bunch of shot gun shells and and came into area where the restaurant was and started shooting. Fortunately an off duty cop was also eating at the same place with his wife and he pulled his pistol and shot the bastard. That ended what could have been a real messy situation.

In Israel the citizens were armed to the teeth and I was glad they were.

I never had a problem with law abiding citizens packing heat.

Seshmeister
07-18-2012, 07:49 AM
My wife and I were eating at a Brazilian restaurant in Salt Lake City and some maniac loaded up a day pack with a bunch of shot gun shells and and came into area where the restaurant was and started shooting. Fortunately an off duty cop was also eating at the same place with his wife and he pulled his pistol and shot the bastard. That ended what could have been a real messy situation.

In Israel the citizens were armed to the teeth and I was glad they were.

I never had a problem with law abiding citizens packing heat.

I'm assuming this is one of the 80%

clarathecarrot
07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Notice how the old dude throws his forearm out to extend his hand like he is the protagonist in some Nior Flick from the 1930s' ?

If you do that it is like throwing the bullet, it goes faster.lol and then you gotts say ..YEAH SEEeeee Rocko, now you gave it to my brother, now I am giving it to you seeeee...(cheezy edward g robinson voice please).

Actually makes you less accurate and more than likely saved those punks lives, good one on the old dude.

jhale667
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Not gloating about it at all, but it can be said those two idiots got what they deserved. They're lucky the old guy was a pitiful shot.

lesfunk
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Ha! Shot them fuckin' Jungle Bunnies!:high5:

jhale667
07-18-2012, 04:43 PM
:high5:

They have on hoodies, gloves, masks and sunglasses. Their race can't be determined, and isn't indicated in the article. Stay classy. :tool:

gbranton
07-18-2012, 05:09 PM
They have on hoodies, gloves, masks and sunglasses. Their race can't be determined, and isn't indicated in the article. Stay classy. :tool:

Neither can their age, which is why SunisinuS shouldn't be scolding me about the fact that they are young. Dressed up like that all you see is a humanoid figure that could be anywhere from 12 to 80 with a gun, threatening your life..............in other words a target. They lucked out that the person shooting at them was elderly and carrying a modestly powered firearm.

jhale667
07-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Neither can their age, which is why SunisinuS shouldn't be scolding me about the fact that they are young. Dressed up like that all you see is a humanoid figure that could be anywhere from 12 to 80 with a gun, threatening your life..............in other words a target. They lucked out that the person shooting at them was elderly and carrying a modestly powered firearm.

It's total self-defense, like I said they deserved to get shot at.

But it's pathetic how some people here HAVE to press their personal bigot agendas.

SunisinuS
07-18-2012, 09:23 PM
+

They were already caught and it said they were both 19 in the posting up there. I think they are white also but not sure. And I think the old guy was shooting to kill...I just feel it is better off if no one had to die...it does not give me much joy to see anyone that has not even reached their 21st birthday die. Lot's of people make it through that time period and become useful kewl members of society later. You were exactly right they were a target....and they could have been doing a Dubai thing. I am just glad knowing, that they were just dumb ass kids...that redemption may be possible. That being said:

Man that first shot from that old guy must have whistled right by that guys right ear.

Nitro Express
07-19-2012, 01:57 AM

On February 12, 2007, at 6:44 PM MST, Sulejman Talović began a deadly shooting spree in Trolley Square resulting in the deaths of five bystanders and the shooter himself,[1] as well as the wounding of at least four others. Talović was described as wearing a white shirt, a tan trenchcoat and a mullet.[2] He carried both a shotgun with a pistol grip and a 38-caliber handgun with rubber grips,[3] as well as a backpack full of ammunition.[4]
The gunman's rampage was stopped after trading shots with off-duty police officer Kenneth Hammond of the Ogden City Police Department and Sgt. Andrew Oblad of the Salt Lake City Police Department. The final confrontation, in which Talović was killed, occurred in the Pottery Barn Kids home furnishing store.[5] Hammond was at Trolley Square having an early Valentine's Day dinner with his pregnant wife, 911 dispatcher Sarita Hammond, when they heard gunshots. Sarita Hammond borrowed a waiter's cell phone to call 911.[6] Talović was cornered and was shooting at officers, until an active shooter contact team composed of Salt Lake City PD SWAT team members arrived and shot him. Salt Lake City police officials on February 13, 2007, thanked Hammond as a hero for saving countless lives.[4]
According to local TV station KTVX, several witnesses reported that most of the shooting took place on the ground floor near the Pottery Barn store, though the majority of the dead were found in Cabin Fever, a card store. One of the victims, having been shot, apparently entered the nearby Hard Rock Cafe and told customers to lock the doors. Several victims were transported to local hospitals, some in critical condition.[1]

No it's the 20%. We haven't eaten there since.

Hardrock69
07-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Lol.

Once the idiots walked in and the one pulled a gun, they automatically became open to whatever happened.

If they are so stupid as to do something like this, they got what they fucking deserved.

Police and so-called "experts" say it is best not to fight back.

But I say all humans have a duty to try to save the lives of other people who's lives are being threated in such a manner.

That is why the title of this thread.

HA HA!

FUCKING IDIOTS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED!!!!

Don't hand me that sob story bullshit about "who made the old guy judge and jury?"

The obvious answer is "The idiots who decided to risk their lives robbing other people with a pistol!"

Seshmeister
07-21-2012, 05:47 AM
No it's the 20%. We haven't eaten there since.

qikgts
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Figured I'd bring this back up.

Last night it happened again except the would be robbers were met at the door by an armed guard who lead infused one of the fuckers...

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/8/7/security_guard_shoot.html

MELBOURNE- A security guard shot a would-be robber at a Brevard County Internet cafe, police said early Tuesday morning.

That man was taken to the hospital, but two others suspects remain on the run.

Melbourne police responded to reports of an armed robbery at the Allied Veterans of the World arcade, on the 3200 block of Babcock Street, not far from the Florida Institute of Technology campus.

Detectives said some 20 to 30 people were inside the Internet cafe around 4 a.m. Tuesday, when three gunmen stormed in and tried to rob the place.
The men, who covered their faces with T-shirts, were confronted by an armed security guard at the entrance.

Detectives said the guard fired his gun, striking one of the suspects several times.

All three men took off on foot, but the man who was shot dropped his own gun in the cafe's entryway and collapsed just a few yards from the scene, where he was arrested.

Paul Gmatti, who goes to the arcade every day, said he hadn't heard what had happened just a few hours before he arrived later Tuesday morning.

"Yeah it's scary," said Gmatti. "They could come back."
The suspect who was shot was taken to a Holmes Regional Hospital, in Melbourne. His name was not immediately released.
Police said they are looking over surveillance video from the Internet cafe to try and track down the other two suspects, who escaped.

If you have any information on this incident, call CrimeLine at (800) 423-TIPS (8477), or Melbourne police's Crime Tip Line, at (321) 409-2259.

Hardrock69
08-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Woohoo! One more stupid criminal gets fucked up!

Nitro Express
08-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Lol.

Once the idiots walked in and the one pulled a gun, they automatically became open to whatever happened.

If they are so stupid as to do something like this, they got what they fucking deserved.

Police and so-called "experts" say it is best not to fight back.

But I say all humans have a duty to try to save the lives of other people who's lives are being threated in such a manner.

That is why the title of this thread.

HA HA!

FUCKING IDIOTS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED!!!!

Don't hand me that sob story bullshit about "who made the old guy judge and jury?"

The obvious answer is "The idiots who decided to risk their lives robbing other people with a pistol!"

Not fighting back ended on September 11, 2001.

Nickfamous
08-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Old man showing the youngins he still got it.

jhale667
08-08-2012, 12:08 AM
"They could come back"....doubtful. Seriously doubt some cowardly group of criminals is sitting there going "Hey, let's got try to rob that place where we got shot at again..." :biggrin:

Hardrock69
08-08-2012, 05:41 AM
:lmao:

You said it, Jay.

But then, there are some exceedingly stoopid criminals out there. Terminal stupidity is not that uncommon! :hee: