PDA

View Full Version : If you've got a business — you didn't build that!

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 02:37 PM
http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/s/s/19/media19/2012/Jul/18/LiveLeak-dot-com-91e042826794-576091_10150943934680911_794114471_n.jpg?d5e8cc8ec cfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bad3944a4 6dfd07a74&ec_rate=300

:elvis:

jhale667
07-19-2012, 02:40 PM
You do know that Romney AGREED with Obama's statement yesterday, yes?

gbranton
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM

That's why neither of them are fit to be President.

...................one of the many reasons.

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Is that what the talking heads told you ??

jhale667
07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Go google the quote yourself, idiot.

MUSICMANN
07-19-2012, 02:54 PM

Right,

Like i said before. Government doesn't build or make money, they take money. All the roads, bridges and infrastructure that this country has was payed for by us the taxpayers. Obama is an idiot.

FORD
07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
That's why neither of them are fit to be President.

...................one of the many reasons.

www.voterocky.org

FORD
07-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Right,

Like i said before. Government doesn't build or make money, they take money. All the roads, bridges and infrastructure that this country has was payed for by us the taxpayers. Obama is an idiot.

Which is why the infrastructure has been falling apart for the last 30 years, exactly the same time that the rich stopped paying taxes.

No, government doesn't create money ("Federal" Reserve notes aside) but neither do the rich. Willard Mittens Romney (for example) doesn't make anything. He raids companies which formerly hired Americans to produce wealth, and then outsources them to China. And then outsources the money he made from that theft to Switzerland and the Cayman Islands.

jhale667
07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Contextiseverything.jpg

binnie
07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
There is a point to be made about how much businesses benefit from public resources, but that point doesn't necessarily diminish individual achievement.

The 'public support' angle is a bit like family support - people who go on to excel often do so because they were a) born with parents who loved them, supported them, and pushed them b) were born with parents affluent enough - not necesarily 'rich' - to provide food/support education and live in an area where the liklihood of being sucked into gang crime etc was minimal (or with good schools/ the ability to fund private education).

It's no accident that people who are born poor often end up poor; and people who are born the children of doctors/lawyers etc go on to have similar jobs. You are, to some extent, the product of your family environment. But recognising that does not diminish from your own hard work, drive and ability - it is just to admit that you owe your parents a hell of a lot.

Equally, people who build up succesful businesses should reap their just rewards - but they should also recognise that they do not exist in a void, they benefit from infrastructure. It really isn't either/or.

jhale667
07-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Once again, Binnie nails it.

binnie
07-19-2012, 03:10 PM

Just like all of your Mommas........:D

Nitro Express
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Actually it's the taxes businesses and individuals pay to the government that make what the government provides possible. So people working is the top of the food chain. When the situation becomes where there are less productive people in society the government always eventually fails because everyone is living off the government and nobody is doing any actual work. It can't sustain itself. The government works for we the people. Somehow the fat cats in Washington DC have forgotten this.

jhale667
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Wrongneyfail.jpg

FORD
07-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Bottom line is that supply-side economics is a fucking joke, but sadly, it's not a funny joke.

Demand driven economics is how the world actually works, and the fucked up economic polices of the last 30 years have tried to deny that fact, and the results speak for themselves. It's time to stop pretending otherwise.

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 03:27 PM

You gonna return the favor ??

jhale667
07-19-2012, 03:28 PM
That didn't even make sense...someone else is back on the Oxy besides Mush!

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Demand driven economics is how the world actually works.

Maybe that's why the government motors Volt is a failure...

jhale667
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
According to whom besides you pontificating from your trailer in the swamp?

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Go buy one then...

Good luck getting it serviced...

Dr. Love
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM

I don't think that sort of argument is going to work this election cycle, as pretty much no one here likes/supports Romney. Some of us also don't like/support Obama either.

I think Obama lifted this from that lady that he nominated for the CFPB the first time around that went off to challenge Scott Walker. And I see/agree with the point. We all use and enjoy the American system and should pay back into it and support it. Having said that, the system isn't perfect (and we don't agree where the problems are) and different groups think it should be modified and tweaked in different ways -- but we all have to understand that everyone is part of a whole and no one succeeds in isolation from the rest.

binnie
07-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Jeeesus, Dr. Love. That is the best sig yet.

All men in the world would support Gay Marraige if that was the billboard:

'Gay Marriage = More of This'.

DAMN!!

jhale667
07-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't think that sort of argument is going to work this election cycle, as pretty much no one here likes/supports Romney. Some of us also don't like/support Obama either.

I think Obama lifted this from that lady that he nominated for the CFPB the first time around that went off to challenge Scott Walker. And I see/agree with the point. We all use and enjoy the American system and should pay back into it and support it. Having said that, the system isn't perfect (and we don't agree where the problems are) and different groups think it should be modified and tweaked in different ways -- but we all have to understand that everyone is part of a whole and no one succeeds in isolation from the rest.

And THAT is the exact point all the Obama haters here are either missing or overlooking intentionally.

FORD
07-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe that's why the government motors Volt is a failure...

The biggest problem with the electric cars is the retail price. Part of that is the fact that new technology is always more expensive at first, with the R&D costs always being "subsidized" by those who always have to be the first to own the new toys on the market.

The other part is (not surprisingly) corporate greed. Because electric cars require less maintenance and have less moving parts than those with internal combustion engines, so a Volt is going to make less money in the future for GM, so they want to make their profit now.

The customer will save money in the future, for the same reason - less payout to mechanics and parts dealers. Not to mention oil companies. But that doesn't solve the problem of having less money up front to actually buy the car, thanks to 30 years of fucked up economic policies, and the fact that their living wage job was outsourced and they now have to work 3 jobs for less money (and spend half of what they make putting gas in their beat up old car).

Where Barry really fucked up is launching the "cash for clunkers" program before the Volt was on the market. It would have worked a lot better if people could have traded their gas hogs in for a good deal on a 21st century car.

(Ironically there's a Chevy Volt commerical on the radio right now as I'm typing this....)

vandeleur
07-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Dr love has the best sig ever

Dr. Love
07-19-2012, 04:05 PM
And THAT is the exact point all the Obama haters here are either missing or overlooking intentionally.

all? :)

MUSICMANN
07-19-2012, 04:23 PM

You guys really just don't get it do you. The top people in this country pay the most taxes. Do their CPA's find loopholes or other ways to get out of paying some of them, yes they do, just like everyone who has to pay taxes. I know i'm always looking to pay less and try get a little back. Where you guys are struggling to understand is that, no matter how big or little the business is, paying more taxes and getting regulated to death, hurts business growth and stops job creation. By making government bigger and expanding entitlements and welfare, like Obama wants to do, everyone other than the already 50% that doesn't work and on welfare will have their taxes raised. No amount of tax raise on the top 1 or even 5 percent will have an effect on the economy, which was already proved. One yr. of raised taxes on the wealthy would only bring in enough revenue for 8 days of government spending. It's honestly a failure of a proposition don't you think. The way to handle this situation is to cut government spending and entitlements and get people that are not to old or have a disability working and paying their fair share of taxes. That's something that no one wants to talk about. The people who can work but lives and feeds off the welfare system.

One guy/Obama wants to engulf and expand this type of government nanny control and the other wants what i just laid out. Innovators, risk takers and people with an entrepreneur spirit that will get this economy moving and shaking.

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
I didn't miss the point...

It's how Obama tried to make it about government..

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice post, MM !!

jhale667
07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
You guys really just don't get it do you. The top people in this country pay the most taxes. Do their CPA's find loopholes or other ways to get out of paying some of them, yes they do, just like everyone who has to pay taxes. I know i'm always looking to pay less and try get a little back. Where you guys are struggling to understand is that, no matter how big or little the business is, paying more taxes and getting regulated to death, hurts business growth and stops job creation. By making government bigger and expanding entitlements and welfare, like Obama wants to do, everyone other than the already 50% that doesn't work and on welfare will have their taxes raised. No amount of tax raise on the top 1 or even 5 percent will have an effect on the economy, which was already proved. One yr. of raised taxes on the wealthy would only bring in enough revenue for 8 days of government spending. It's honestly a failure of a proposition don't you think. The way to handle this situation is to cut government spending and entitlements and get people that are not to old or have a disability working and paying their fair share of taxes. That's something that no one wants to talk about. The people who can work but lives and feeds off the welfare system.

One guy/Obama wants to engulf and expand this type of government nanny control and the other wants what i just laid out. Innovators, risk takers and people with an entrepreneur spirit that will get this economy moving and shaking.

Actually, what you don't get is that the a large swath of those top people you extoll AREN'T PAYING ANY TAXES AT ALL. And the welfare you're crying about constitutes what 1% of govenment spending? How about we cut defense spending, stop encouraging corporations to outsource, and close the tax loopholes that people like Mitt are blatantly abusing? What about all the corporations that not only paid no tax AT ALL, but got tax breaks in the millions??

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/532076_10150948567276275_971813890_.jpg

BigBadBrian
07-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I didn't miss the point...

It's how Obama tried to make it about government..

Exactly...he basically said everyone else had more to do with getting that business off the ground than the owner. "If you've got a business...you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Obama BULLSHIT!!!

BigBadBrian
07-19-2012, 05:00 PM
He raids companies which formerly hired Americans to produce wealth, and then outsources them to China. And then outsources the money he made from that theft to Switzerland and the Cayman Islands.

The Left-leaning media has FORD by the balls.

BigBadBrian
07-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Actually, what you don't get is that the a large swath of those top people you extoll AREN'T PAYING ANY TAXES AT ALL. And the welfare you're crying about constitutes what 1% of govenment spending? How about we cut defense spending, stop encouraging corporations to outsource, and close the tax loopholes that people like Mitt are blatantly abusing? What about all the corporations that not only paid no tax AT ALL, but got tax breaks in the millions??

Raising taxes on the bottom 4 tax brackets (actually, making them pay taxes at all) will raise more revenue than raising taxes and closing loopholes on the top 2 tax brackets. Raising taxes on "the rich" is not the solution. That's a fact. Why is it you liberals think those that have succeeded in life have to pay everyone else's way?

MUSICMANN
07-19-2012, 05:11 PM

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/532076_10150948567276275_971813890_.jpg

I would love to know, how many of those at the top are democrats. All those stupid fucking liberal actors that make more than Romney, that with a straight face says Romney doesn't pay enough taxes. Cutting defense, the FBI and CIA, so we can have another 911 and then hear about why it wasn't stopped. Outsourcing like the kind Obama did with our tax money. Hey, if a million or billionaire feels like he should pay higher taxes, there's nothing stopping them. all it takes is a check sent to the IRS.

jhale667
07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
I would love to know, how many of those at the top are democrats. All those stupid fucking liberal actors that make more than Romney, that with a straight face says Romney doesn't pay enough taxes. Cutting defense, the FBI and CIA, so we can have another 911 and then hear about why it wasn't stopped. Outsourcing like the kind Obama did with our tax money. Hey, if a million or billionaire feels like he should pay higher taxes, there's nothing stopping them. all it takes is a check sent to the IRS.

Name one BILLIONAIRE actor. Romney's most likely misrepresenting his worth.

LoungeMachine
07-19-2012, 05:19 PM

And FAUX KNEWS has you by the vagina...

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Raising taxes on the bottom 4 tax brackets (actually, making them pay taxes at all) will raise more revenue than raising taxes and closing loopholes on the top 2 tax brackets. Raising taxes on "the rich" is not the solution. That's a fact. Why is it you liberals think those that have succeeded in life have to pay everyone else's way?

Really? Please cite your source for that...

MUSICMANN
07-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Name one BILLIONAIRE actor. Romney's most likely misrepresenting his worth.

Who gives a fuck. I don't care if Romney is worth more than that fucking queer Gates. The fact is, 50% of people in this country are now feeding off the government tit. They are not paying taxes and that is ok with Obama and the left. This is not how this country was meant to perform and you know it. So i guess, when there's 90% of people living off the government cheese and all it's entitlements, you will be happy then. Fuck me, i thought this was the USA, not communist china. The first step into communism is high unemployment, failing economy and dependency on the government. The next step is to strip away freedoms and rights. After that, is the ability to have free elections. The next is to use and abuse the power of the military on it's own citizens. The first step is in progress right now and some of you are too stupid and narrow minded to see it.

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I see it...

Again, nice post...

MUSICMANN
07-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Another case in point.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/19/senator-says-food-stamp-partnership-with-mexico-pressuring-immigrants-to-enroll/

jhale667
07-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Oh the irony of the douche ranting about "liberal this" "queer that" thinking they have room to call ANYONE "stupid and narrow-minded". :handjob:

MUSICMANN
07-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Oh the irony of the douche ranting about "liberal this" "queer that" thinking they have room to call ANYONE "stupid and narrow-minded". :handjob:

Well if the shoe fits

http://obamaism.blogspot.com/

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 05:56 PM
:biggrin:

FORD
07-19-2012, 08:07 PM

And which part of what I said about Mittens would you like to dispute?

Furthermore, where is this "left leaning media" you speak of? Certainly not on TV, except for RT.

MSNBC?? well, maybe once upon a time, (for 3 hours a day) but not since Comca$t took over.

Current? Even President Gore's network has failed to live up to it's potential, sadly :(

FORD
07-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Cutting defense, the FBI and CIA, so we can have another 911 and then hear about why it wasn't stopped.

Actually, if we eliminated the "defense" industry and the CIA, there would NEVER be anything like 911 again.

"Al Qaeda" was created as a CIA project. That is an undeniable fact. The only question is whether or not they were still on the payroll as of 9-11-2001. Either way, the BCE and its CIA subsidiary are ultimately responsible.

ELVIS
07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Of course they were...

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Bottom line is that supply-side economics is a fucking joke, but sadly, it's not a funny joke.

Demand driven economics is how the world actually works, and the fucked up economic polices of the last 30 years have tried to deny that fact, and the results speak for themselves. It's time to stop pretending otherwise.

I think the free market works better than any other alternative but what happens is a few people eventually end up with most the wealth and you end up with monopolies. So you need some government regulation to bust the monopolies up and make the playing field more fair.

In our type of economic and government system it's only as good as the people that compose it. I think the problem is we have too many people out for themselves instead of the greater good of the community. Someone has to pay. We have too many people just taking with no regard for who has to pay for it.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Actually, if we eliminated the "defense" industry and the CIA, there would NEVER be anything like 911 again.

"Al Qaeda" was created as a CIA project. That is an undeniable fact. The only question is whether or not they were still on the payroll as of 9-11-2001. Either way, the BCE and its CIA subsidiary are ultimately responsible.

The problem is we went from having a Department of Defense to a Department of Offense.

BigBadBrian
07-20-2012, 05:36 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: