PDA

View Full Version : 12 Dead 58 Wounded at Premiere of Dark Knight

Pages : [1] 2

LoungeMachine
07-20-2012, 05:38 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2018729320_apuscoloradoshooting.html?syndication=r ss#.UAkmEQv_eRE.facebook

Police: 14 dead in Colorado theater shooting.

Police Chief Dan Oates says 14 people are dead following a shooting at suburban Denver movie theater.

The Associated Press
s
KUSA in Denver is reporting at least 10 dead, 30-40 wounded. One person in custody. ... (July 20, 2012, by LurgidBee)
AURORA, Colo. —

Police Chief Dan Oates says 14 people are dead following a shooting at suburban Denver movie theater.

He says 50 others were injured when gunfire erupted early Friday at the Aurora theater.

Oates says a gunman appeared at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters.

He says "witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire."

Police say one person has been arrested. Oates says there's no evidence of any additional shooters

LoungeMachine
07-20-2012, 05:55 AM
AURORA, Colorado (AP) – Police Chief Dan Oates says 14 people are dead following a shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater. He says 50 others were injured.

By Karl Gehring, AP

Calls to police about the shooting started coming in about 12:30 a.m. Friday from a mall theater that was showing the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, the office said.

One person has been arrested but police did not have any other details.

"The scene is still very active and we have little information for release at this time," police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson said in a brief news release.

Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots.

"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.

Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."

Spokeswoman Nicole Williams said that two people in critical condition had been rushed to the nearby Swedish Medical Center.

She said emergency crews told her staff to prepare for several more patients from the shooting scene.

"We're on standby to receive," she said. "Police said they could have as many as 20 or more (patients)."

Williams said she was told that "somebody opened fire with some sort of weapon during the "Dark Knight" movie.

Aurora is located on the outskirts of Denver, about 10 miles southeast of downtown.

:gulp:

WTF is wrong with people?

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 06:07 AM
WTF is wrong with people?

They gobble up big pharma poison...

:elvis:

LoungeMachine
07-20-2012, 06:19 AM
They gobble up big pharma poison...

Pure spec on your part in this case....

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 07:24 AM
You said people, but this 24 year old probably has a history of mental problems and treated with various big pharma poisons including Sri bullshit....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Thinking back, did Congresswoman Giffords' shooter have mental problems?

ashstralia
07-20-2012, 07:55 AM
another fucking breivik..

this shit sucks, it's not the way. :(

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 08:08 AM
The number of victims has been downgraded to 12 dead according to CNN...

Von Halen
07-20-2012, 09:05 AM

Va, are you fucking with me? Wouldn't anybody opening fire on people, have mental problems?

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 09:08 AM
The baby-killer pansy shooter didn't even resist arrest apparently. Fucking coward should have at least shot himself or let the police off him...

fourthcoming
07-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Should have shot himself before he ever left the house.

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 09:42 AM

He was found to be incompetent to stand trial, if that tells you anything...

envy_me
07-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Va, are you fucking with me? Wouldn't anybody opening fire on people, have mental problems?

There are people that are just evil, without being menatlly ill :-/

Angel
07-20-2012, 10:07 AM
There are people that are just evil, without being menatlly ill :-/

Evil people are usually either socio or psychopaths

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 10:09 AM
He was found to be incompetent to stand trial, if that tells you anything...

That's really what I was meaning to ask.....

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Some people are just evil. We can speculate all sorts of things but to be honest, I don't think anyone has an answer. If anything you wonder what kinds of games these people play and what kind of movies they watch. When you wrap yourself in a world of violence and that's your entertainment, you become desensatized to it and a desensatized person angry at the world can be a very dangerous person.

I have noticed this kind of violent crime and sex crimes have increased since computers and home video devices have become available over the years. Some people are watching and interacting with some sick shit in their own private time and with both parents off to work, there is no supervision at home. What do people think the result is going to be? Kids today are exposed to more violence than we ever were. We never had games that you just killed people all day long and tortured people in. We played street football and stuff like that. I think all this media exposure to violence has had an ill effect on society. Look at how violent some of the music is and music beat is pure hate. That afffects people.

We really have to be careful what messages we send, especially, to young people. So many are suicidal now for whatever reason.

My grandmother once said once you have too many broken homes in a society that is the end of that society. Too many parents have chased material things or their own selfish desires and put their children dead last in the list of priorities. So many kids don't have a father figure in the home anymore and then you have these sick pedofiles who want to play that role. I mean honestly society is going to shit and it reflects in everything. Too many adults act like whinning children. Society does. We now live in a spoiled society that badly needs to grow up.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 12:10 PM
And here we go....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/louie-gohmert-aurora-shootings_n_1689099.html?1342794455

Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

Posted: 07/20/2012 10:24 am Updated: 07/20/2012 11:21 am

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place," Gohmert said.

"Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

"People say ... where was God in all of this?" Gohmert said. "We've threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God's name, they're going to be jailed ... I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we done with God? We don't want him around. I kind of like his protective hand being present."

Gohmert also said the tragedy could have been lessened if someone else in the movie theater had been carrying a gun and took down the lone shooter. Istook noted that Colorado laws allow people to carry concealed guns.

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" he asked.

Guitar Shark
07-20-2012, 12:14 PM
And here we go....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/louie-gohmert-aurora-shootings_n_1689099.html?1342794455

Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

Posted: 07/20/2012 10:24 am Updated: 07/20/2012 11:21 am

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said Friday that the shootings that took place in an Aurora, Colo. movie theater hours earlier were a result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs" and questioned why nobody else in the theater had a gun to take down the shooter.

During a radio interview on The Heritage Foundation's "Istook Live!" show, Gohmert was asked why he believes such senseless acts of violence take place. Gohmert responded by talking about the weakening of Christian values in the country.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place," Gohmert said.

"Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

"People say ... where was God in all of this?" Gohmert said. "We've threatened high school graduation participations, if they use God's name, they're going to be jailed ... I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we done with God? We don't want him around. I kind of like his protective hand being present."

Gohmert also said the tragedy could have been lessened if someone else in the movie theater had been carrying a gun and took down the lone shooter. Istook noted that Colorado laws allow people to carry concealed guns.

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" he asked.

We really need to set aside more money to treat mental illness

vandeleur
07-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Nitro I totally disagree ... Yeah kids shouldn't be watching snuff movies etc but kids always played soldiers and gun games since probably gun were invented. My wife is very anti toy guns for personal reasons and we moralised long over My son having a virtual arsenal of shitty toy guns swords costumes etc ... Until my dad explained I was the same and when I talked to Dads in the play ground their kids were they same ... I Think it is more complicated an issue than video games toys etc ....
Am from the uk and although we have had some mass killings access to weapons on the whole is difficult ... Some psycho goes nuts he ain't gonna hurt as many people .
Whatever the reason it's a sad sad day for those kids parents

FORD
07-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Too bad Louie Gomer Pyle wasn't in that theater. I don't like to say this about a lot of people, but if anybody ever deserved to be shot, he's probably on the list.

At least if there was a bullet in his head, there would finally be something there.

So this is love
07-20-2012, 12:22 PM
CNN says Suspect was neuroscience phd candidate!!!??? wtf ....prepare yourself for another incompetent to stand trial...

hambon4lif
07-20-2012, 12:29 PM
And there's yet one more reason why I never read anything from HuffPo. They have absolutely zero shame in putting out mind-dumbing bullshit articles such as this one.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
And there's yet one more reason why I never read anything from HuffPo. They have absolutely zero shame in putting out mind-dumbing bullshit articles such as this one.

So they're misquoting him?

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Well, the talking heads are talking about gun control just as I predicted at 3:30 this morning...

Hey FORD, what about this being a false flag ??

FORD
07-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Some fucking idiot just called into the Ed Schultz radio show and blamed this on "liberals"

"Becuz you won't let us carry guns into theaters to defend ourselves"

Geezus........ :puke:

jhale667
07-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that would've helped....a full-on shootout in a darkened theater. No chance of MORE innocent lives being taken in that scenario. Fucking gun-nut conservatards. :puke:

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 01:02 PM
A trained concealed carrier in the theater would have had a good chance of taking this idiot out and thus reducing the death toll...

hambon4lif
07-20-2012, 01:04 PM
So they're misquoting him?I'd like to think they are, because I'd hate to think that people are that fucking stupid, but they're probably not. That's not the point.

They shouldn't have done an article like that at all. There are families that are in deep shock and grieving. Legitimate news sources are still trying to gather all the facts behind what happened.

HuffPo isn't going to let things like fact-checking get in their way. They've decided to add to the confusion by getting the warped point of view of some whacked-out Jesus freak to throw a religious slant to it that shouldn't be there in the first fucking place.

They really ought to be ashamed of themselves, but they're probably not......

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd like to think they are, because I'd hate to think that people are that fucking stupid, but they're probably not. That's not the point.

They shouldn't have done an article like that at all. There are families that are in deep shock and grieving. Legitimate vews sources are still trying to gather all the facts behind what happened.

HuffPo isn't going to let things like fact-checking get in their way. They've decided to add to the confusion by getting the warped point of view of some whacked-out Jesus freak to throw a religious slant to it that shouldn't be there in the first fucking place.

They really ought to be ashamed of themselves, but they're probably not......

That story is being ran by dozens of press entities right now, but it's HuffPo that should be ashamed ?

FORD
07-20-2012, 01:19 PM
A trained concealed carrier in the theater would have had a good chance of taking this idiot out and thus reducing the death toll...

Not unless he had night vision goggles and laser sighting. And taking all that into a movie theater would be a bit much, wouldn't it?

Somebody will probably call for mandatory pat-down searches now for all movie theaters, which the theater industry will overwhelmingly support.

Not because they're really all that concerned about gun incidents, but because it will allow them to stop people from smuggling their own junk food into theaters to avoid ridiculous prices on their popcorn/candy/etc. And then, just like the airlines after Reichstag II, they'll raise the ticket prices up to pay for the bullshit security theatrics (no pun intended)

$20 to see a movie and then you can't even smuggle your own munchies in? Fuck that.

vandeleur
07-20-2012, 01:24 PM

you might be missing the point ... more guns ?? you gonna have one in every public building ?
good job that wont cost

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm not missing the point...

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Soon we will have to arrive at the theater two hours early with our shoes off...

hambon4lif
07-20-2012, 01:43 PM
That story is being ran by dozens of press entities right now, but it's HuffPo that should be ashamed ?Are you saying that they shouldn't be?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Are you saying that they shouldn't be?

In my opinion? It's an on-the-record statement by a U.S. Congressman, don't see why it not newsworthy....

gbranton
07-20-2012, 01:54 PM
In my opinion? It's an on-the-record statement by a U.S. Congressman, don't see why it not newsworthy....

It further illustrates that Gohmert Pile is an idiot. THAT is not news.

So this is love
07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Booby trap...???? google translation "trapped by boobies":bigboobs: but seriously its Friday:beers8:

FORD
07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
This could be just a coincidence, of course..... but isn't it odd that this tragedy happens less than 24 hours after Mush Limpdick's insane oxycontin addled rant about the Batman movie being anti Romney political propaganda, because the villain character is named "Bain".

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Maybe it's an anti-gun false flag...

FORD
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Is that the Alex Jones spin on it?

Von Halen
07-20-2012, 02:44 PM
"Aurora police Chief Dan Oates said the suspect wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors. He said he had an AR-15 military-style, semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and two pistols."

It would have taken one hell of a shot for someone with a CCW to take this guy down. He was more than prepared.

What a horrible and sad situation.

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 02:49 PM

He hasn't declared that quite yet, but he's getting there...

78/84 guy
07-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Only in America ! As always. The most violent fucked up country in the world ! And I have never owned a gun in my life GUNS DO KILL PEOPLE BUT A PERSON HAS TO PULL THE TRIGGER ! As much as I hate Ted Nugent's politics he couldn't be more correct ! Not that he came up with the stat's. But he doe's have the balls to defend them. We let too many sick fucks like this walk around this country ! The family members of the victums should be allowed to torture this sick fuck ! I don't care about the mentally ill talk !

ThrillsNSpills
07-20-2012, 02:59 PM

No question.

FORD
07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
For those who think that more armed people in the theater would have been a GOOD thing, just remember this detail from the Gabby Giffords shooting in Tucson....

One of the witnesses there was armed. He admitted that he came very close to shooting who he THOUGHT was the gunman, but later turned out to be someone who had managed to get the gun away from the psycho Laughner when he was attempting to reload. There very easily could have been two murderers on the scene that day, had this guy followed through with his impulse.

And that was in broad Arizona daylight in an open parking lot, mind you. A darkened enclosed space such as a movie theater only adds to the possibility of things getting even more fucked up in an already fucked up situation. More guns isn't the answer.

jhale667
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM

Dear Internet People: Maybe choose another day to make pro-gun statements. Sincerely, Good Taste— Andy Borowitz (@BorowitzReport) July 20, 2012

PETE'S BROTHER
07-20-2012, 03:48 PM

oh, SPIN on it....nevermind

jhale667
07-20-2012, 04:20 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h749NP0m1qewlb7o1_500.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
We really need to set aside more money to treat mental illness

And prevent them from buying guns...

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 04:51 PM

Yeah, right dude. Except he was wearing a bulletproof vest and tossed in a CS gas grenade....

Dummy.

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Dear Internet People: Maybe choose another day to make pro-gun statements. Sincerely, Good Taste— Andy Borowitz (@BorowitzReport) July 20, 2012

Dear delusional liberals,

Being pro-self defense and thinking of saving lives is not in poor taste...

Sincerely,

A rational human being

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Yeah, right dude. Except he was wearing a bulletproof vest and tossed in a CS gas grenade....

Dummy.

Yeah and if I were in the back I'd blow his fucking head off with one shot...

Pussy

jhale667
07-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Pussy

And then you'd wake up.

You're pathetic.

:guitar:

LoungeMachine
07-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Pussy

You're such a bad ass

:rolleyes:

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Pathetic means liberal...

LoungeMachine
07-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Dear delusional liberals,

Being pro-self defense and thinking of saving lives is not in poor taste...

Sincerely,

A rational human being

Dear Idiot,

Who needs an AR-15 with an extended 25 round clip for self-defense?

envy_me
07-20-2012, 05:40 PM

Pussy

Would Bruce Willis be there too?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Dear Idiot,

the zombies are comin'....

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Dear Idiot,

Why do liberals always want do decide what other people need ??

Guitar Shark
07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
And prevent them from buying guns...

I was referring to that psycho congressman, but I get your point.

LoungeMachine
07-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Why do liberals always want do decide what other people need ??

We live in a society, moron.

WE ALL choose what is needed, and what is not.

Your side doesnt want safe, legal abortions, but DO want us to have unregulated Banksters and unfunded wars.

But let's play your stupid argument out to the end, shall we?

Should Cobra Gunships and land mines be legal to own as well?

Where would you draw the line with the second amendment?

FORD
07-20-2012, 06:49 PM

Dummy.

And packing an AR-15 with a banana clip. Which used to be an illegal weapon until the BCE repealed the Assault Weapons Ban.

FORD
07-20-2012, 06:50 PM
I was referring to that psycho congressman, but I get your point.

Well.... Gomer is from Texas, so we can assume he owns at least a dozen guns :headlights:

FORD
07-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Where would you draw the line with the second amendment?

And that's the real question..

Everybody believes in the first amendment right to free speech, but there are exceptions, often described with the old cliche, "You can't yell FIRE in a crowded theater".

By the same token, the second amendment should be limited so nobody can OPEN fire in a crowded theater. :(

Fairwrning
07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
The kid had quit school a month ago..and by all accounts was extremely intelligent..He is just another individual that has become pissed off at the world for some reason..No insanity bullshit allowed..

fraroc
07-20-2012, 07:11 PM
:mad: People can be fucking animals sometimes.

Fairwrning
07-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Shooters parents are being bombarded by media..Thats fucked up..everybody wants the exclusive interview..Only in America..greatest country ever but damn we have a cockroach problem..

twonabomber
07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
i hate the media sometimes.

the CNN chick with the nice rack says "we have the name of the suspect," and then she says "and he's from Aurora, Colorado!" like she's surprised about it.

then, during the press conference, the reporters are asking multiple questions about motive, even after the cop says they don't have a motive yet.

and now i just had to watch Ann Curry justify why that guy had his 6 month old and four year old in a theater at midnight. someone oughta at least kick him in the nuts. no one wants to listen to those little shits crying.

Fairwrning
07-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Agree about the kids..a newborn??!! At the midnight showing..cmon...no fuckin reason to have that kid out that late..its not a cool moment they will remember..

FORD
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Does seem a little odd that anybody would take young children to a midnight movie.... or a 6 month old baby to ANY movie at all, for that matter.

Not that it justifies a nutcase shooting at them of course, but they really shouldn't have been there at all.

Dan
07-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Damn,This Is Very Sad News.:(

jhale667
07-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Seriously sad. And here comes the insanity defense... he told the cops he was "The Joker". :puke:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/120720043140-holmes-colorado-suspec.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Fairwrning
07-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Seriously sad. And here comes the insanity defense... he told the cops he was "The Joker". :puke:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/120720043140-holmes-colorado-suspec.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

All part of his plan..thats why he chose this flick..The dude was prepared..

Fairwrning
07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Its too bad the old man from that internet cafe wasnt there...scratch that..he was a horrible shot and this guy was wearing armor

jhale667
07-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Its too bad the old man from that internet cafe wasnt there...scratch that..he was a horrible shot and this guy was wearing armor

Exactly.

FORD
07-20-2012, 08:33 PM
What pisses me off is how the media whores keep emphasizing that this had "no connection to terrorism".

Bullshit.

If you walk into a crowded room with body armor and a goddamn gas mask on, throw a gas bomb and then start shooting up the place, that is TERRORISM.

If you booby trap your apartment so many ways that the bomb squad has to evacuate the entire block before they can even look around the place, that is TERRORISM.

Have we been so brainwashed by the BCE/PNAC agenda hijacking of that term that we forgot what it actually means??

Or is it the fact that this sick little fuck was named "James Holmes" and not "Muhammad Achmed Bin Laden".

Because if the latter was his name, he would already be on a slow boat to Gitmo if he had merely farted loudly in the theater after eating too much hummus.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Actually he had his hair dyed red, so he looks like this....

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/james-holmes-sex-website-penis-cops/

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 09:09 PM
The joker is a pretty fitting character for the fuckwad. Especially the sick crazed joker in the last Batman movie. It's hard to believe such an imature twit was an honor student. The scary bit is this guy had no criminal record and just looked like a normal guy going to school.

FORD
07-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Well... Heath Ledger and Caesar Romero are dead, but maybe Jack Nicholson could sue for defamation.

Or even Steve Miller, for that matter.......

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Shooters parents are being bombarded by media..Thats fucked up..everybody wants the exclusive interview..Only in America..greatest country ever but damn we have a cockroach problem..

The press can be just as bad in other countries as well. What irks me is the lack of respect and the unprofessionalism of it all. And they are just giving the shooter what he wanted to begin with, attention. The more you cover this and go on about it the more you reward the shooter. Report what happened and show some respect for those who died and their families and friends by not going on and on about it and chasing everyone with a microphone and a camera.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
"Aurora police Chief Dan Oates said the suspect wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors. He said he had an AR-15 military-style, semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and two pistols."

It would have taken one hell of a shot for someone with a CCW to take this guy down. He was more than prepared.

What a horrible and sad situation.

In Israel half the theater would open fire back on him. You would have to take a shot at his face to take him out. The helmet and body armor would probably stop most handgun rounds. If you have a hard hitting round like a 357, 45 or 40 you could fire some shots into him hoping the 800 foot pounds of force knocks him off balance and opens an opportunity to dispatch him but you would have to be up close.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Dear Idiot,

It's great if your gun can go full auto and your position is being rushed but for single shots it's definately no real advantage. I hate busting my thumbs loading big magazines anyways.

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Pussy

http://barneyfifesbullet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Barney_Fife.jpg

You badass fuckin' ninja, Elbow.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 09:40 PM
And packing an AR-15 with a banana clip. Which used to be an illegal weapon until the BCE repealed the Assault Weapons Ban.

Actually assault rifles are still banned unless you have a class 3 machine gun license. By definition an assault rifle has full auto capability which the AR-15 does not have so it is not an assault rifle. It's a semi automatic rifle. The trigger group and reciever is tottaly different than an M-16. In fact if you have any M-16 trigger parts or reciever parts in your AR-15 you can get in big trouble even if it doesn't go full automatic. There are strict rules already on such things.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 09:47 PM
For those who think that more armed people in the theater would have been a GOOD thing, just remember this detail from the Gabby Giffords shooting in Tucson....

One of the witnesses there was armed. He admitted that he came very close to shooting who he THOUGHT was the gunman, but later turned out to be someone who had managed to get the gun away from the psycho Laughner when he was attempting to reload. There very easily could have been two murderers on the scene that day, had this guy followed through with his impulse.

And that was in broad Arizona daylight in an open parking lot, mind you. A darkened enclosed space such as a movie theater only adds to the possibility of things getting even more fucked up in an already fucked up situation. More guns isn't the answer.

That's why if you are going to carry you need to get propper training.

DONNIEP
07-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Actually assault rifles are still banned unless you have a class 3 machine gun license. By definition an assault rifle has full auto capability which the AR-15 does not have so it is not an assault rifle. It's a semi automatic rifle. The trigger group and reciever is tottaly different than an M-16. In fact if you have any M-16 trigger parts or reciever parts in your AR-15 you can get in big trouble even if it doesn't go full automatic. There are strict rules already on such things.

Yep, right on the money :thumb:

So this is love
07-20-2012, 09:52 PM
The joker is a pretty fitting character for the fuckwad. Especially the sick crazed joker in the last Batman movie. It's hard to believe such an imature twit was an honor student. The scary bit is this guy had no criminal record and just looked like a normal guy going to school.

Being an honor student does nothing to prevent you for being a fuckwad...Banksters and lawyer/politicians are all honor students who would sell their moms for a few extra bucks...ITS THE SYSTEM DAMN IT!!!!! COMMUNISM IS WRONG but capitalism is just an alternative NOT A PERFECT ANSWER.

So this is love
07-20-2012, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=Von Halen;1674479]"Aurora police Chief Dan Oates said the suspect wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors. He said he had an AR-15 military-style, semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun and two pistols."

What a horrible and sad situation.[/QUOTE

its assholes like this that will cost freedom for everyone in the end

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Nitro I totally disagree ... Yeah kids shouldn't be watching snuff movies etc but kids always played soldiers and gun games since probably gun were invented. My wife is very anti toy guns for personal reasons and we moralised long over My son having a virtual arsenal of shitty toy guns swords costumes etc ... Until my dad explained I was the same and when I talked to Dads in the play ground their kids were they same ... I Think it is more complicated an issue than video games toys etc ....
Am from the uk and although we have had some mass killings access to weapons on the whole is difficult ... Some psycho goes nuts he ain't gonna hurt as many people .
Whatever the reason it's a sad sad day for those kids parents

I had real guns growing up. I also had BB guns and toy guns. I shot my first real rifle when I was four years old. What I'm getting at is the games and movies are beyond the good guy with a gun going after the bad guys. There is some sick shit in them that would disturb a normal person. I grew up around guns and we didn't even lock our doors. It never was a problem. What has changed is how people behave and yes in the US you can do things that you can't do in most countries like own and shoot guns. With that freedom comes the resposibility to not misuse it. The problem is the society here has degenerated and a form of government that offers such freedoms only works with a responsible society. So many argue we need big daddy to come in and take some the the rights away to keep us safe from each other. This is where the country is split. It's been split on this my whole lifetime and I've heard the same arguments for years. It's part of living here. The US will never be like the UK. It's a different animal. Sometimes a wild animal.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 10:05 PM
He bought 6,000 rounds of ammunition in the last 60 days.....

Isn't that just lovely....

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Being an honor student does nothing to prevent you for being a fuckwad...Banksters and lawyer/politicians are all honor students who would sell their moms for a few extra bucks...ITS THE SYSTEM DAMN IT!!!!! COMMUNISM IS WRONG but capitalism is just an alternative NOT A PERFECT ANSWER.

I saw communism up close and personal. Believe me it's not a good system. I like capitalism with all it's faults much better.

Nitro Express
07-20-2012, 10:07 PM

That was expensive.

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Or Elvis...

Nickdfresh
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Semanticist bullshit. Even the military trains people to fire their M-16's on semi...

FORD
07-20-2012, 10:19 PM

If that had been 6,000 bags of fertilizer, he would have been visited by the Feds... even if he owned a farm and had a legitimate reason to buy it.

But thanks to the NRA fascist cocksuckers, you aren't allowed to know how many guns or bullets somebody buys.

At least not until AFTER they use them to shoot 6 dozen people. :mad:

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2012, 10:56 PM

I'm literally laughing out loud. The wacko used an semi-automatic AR-15 with an 100-round drum clip, but that's not an assault rifle....

Un-fucking-believable.....

ELVIS
07-20-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm betting this guy has CIA ties...

FORD
07-20-2012, 11:26 PM

Probably more like one of his college professors had CIA ties, and they MK-Ultra'd his brain.

Neuroscience? What better field for a CIA brainwasher to hide in?

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 12:09 AM
You just made my point, FORD...

Supposedly, this guy kicked the emergency exit open from the outside ?

That's impossible...

I've installed some commercial fire proof steel doors and ten people with your size 13 boots would not be able to kick one open...

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 12:10 AM
And look at his eyes in that pic...

He's medicated pretty heavily...

El Bastardo
07-21-2012, 12:11 AM
After this, I think I'll wait for the DVD.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Did anyone else notice the firemen jabbing their tool through the window of the supposedly booby trapped apartment (where he lived for less than three weeks) and after the glass breaks, he slides the window open, apparently without unlocking it ??

The whole story stinks...

This guy is a drug induced patsy!!!!

Hardrock69
07-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Sad day for the people who were just there to see a fucking movie.

An assault rifle is an automatic rifle, and can only be owned by Class 3 Federal Firearms dealers.

There IS a difference between an "assault rifle" and a "semi-automatic" rifle.

One can be fired fully auto. One cannot.

But all semantics aside, the weapons did not kill those people by themselves.

And yes, this is exactly the sort of thing the CIA DOES DO.

And they have reasons for pulling shit like this. The more people die by insane idiots wielding guns, the more public sentiment can be swayed towards disarming the public.

An armed populace is necessary. It is written into the documents that founded our nation that it is our DUTY to overthrow a government bent on tyranny, one which attempts to rob us of our freedoms.

Wait until it becomes illegal for private citizens to own firearms.

It may be that way in other countries, but if the government tries it here, that is when the revolution will begin.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Nice post, 69...

Dan
07-21-2012, 01:15 AM

WTF?

Crazy As World We ALL Live In.:(

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm literally laughing out loud. The wacko used an semi-automatic AR-15 with an 100-round drum clip, but that's not an assault rifle....

Un-fucking-believable.....

No it's a semi-automatic rifle with a 100 round drum in the magazine well. Rifles are defined by how the trigger group and bolt system is set up. An AR-15 has a semi-automatic trigger group. The term "Assault Rifle" is a military classification term of a weapon that serves both the purpose of being a single shot semi automatic rifle or a full automatic rifle. The first of such rifles was invented by the Germans in World War II.

The AR-15 is not a military rifle. It's a civilian rifle that was invented by Eugene Stoner when he was working for an aircraft part manufacturing company by the name of Armalite. Stoner used new materials used in the aircraft industry like aluminum alloys and new plastics to make a light wieght rifle. This impressed US Air Force brass and became the base of what the M-16 was founded on.

The M-16 is by classification an assault rifle. It can go full automatic or semi-automatic depending on where you have the selector switch set. The current M-16A1 rifle have the three round burst instead of full auto which shoots three rounds then the trigger needs to be pulled again. This was done because soldiers were wasting ammo keeping the trigger down too long.

I hope this explains the difference.

Also the device carrying the 100 rounds is not a clip. It's a magazine. A clip is what is used to load a magazine. They usually hold five to ten rounds. The M1-Garand uses a clip. An AR-15 uses a magazine.

Dan
07-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Please Explain To Me, How Someone Can Buy 6,000 Rounds Of Ammunition Without Noone Doing Something About It?

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:26 AM
You just made my point, FORD...

Supposedly, this guy kicked the emergency exit open from the outside ?

That's impossible...

I've installed some commercial fire proof steel doors and ten people with your size 13 boots would not be able to kick one open...

I owned a commercial building. One of the tenants was remoldeling his space and the electrician needed access to a closet in the basement to run some conduit. It was a heay duty wood door with a commercial grade Schlage lock. None of my keys worked on it so I tried to kick it in. It was impossible. It would not budge. I then borrowed a big ball peen hammer from one of the contractors and hit the dead bolt hard two times and that sheered the screws and knocked it off the door. Then I just turned the bolt actuator and opened the door. If it was an inset lock I would be drilling the thing out.

So yeah. I don't think you would be able to just kick in one of those big heavy duty fire exit doors and he theaters want those secure to keep people from sneaking in to see the movie for free.

Nickdfresh
07-21-2012, 01:29 AM

Are serious?

'Cause I'm betting he's some pussybitch with a gay mancrush on Heath Ledger....

And I hope he's going to be the official powerbottom of some prison shower....

DONNIEP
07-21-2012, 01:30 AM
What would the argument be if this dipshit, no-balled, demented,puss-nutted piece of filth drove his car into the line of people who were waiting to buy tickets for this movie?

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Please Explain To Me, How Someone Can Buy 6,000 Rounds Of Ammunition Without Noone Doing Something About It?

cheaperthandirt.com Here you go. You can mail order it here or here. Sportsmansguide.com. Some states won't let you mail order it but you just can go and buy it locally as well. Or you can load it yourself if you have the time. No problem.

Dan
07-21-2012, 01:39 AM
I Hope This Asshole,Burns In Hell.:anger:

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:41 AM
What would the argument be if this dipshit, no-balled, demented,puss-nutted piece of filth drove his car into the line of people who were waiting to buy tickets for this movie?

Or went to the Home Depot and bought some pipe and some nails. Throw a couple pipe bombs into the crowd and see how that goes. Or make a home made flame thrower. I mean this guy was a nutjob and the way he rigged his appartment what's to say he wouldn't pull a Timothy McViegh. I kind of look at nutjobs like lightning. It's going to strike sometime and some people are going to get killed. The thing is, I have no idea why they do what they do but but look at how many people own guns in this country and look at how little problem we have if you consider the numbers.

I mean my nephew just sent me pictures of him in Kenya. He's helping build a school there. He sent a cool picture of two massai helping him make a fire without matches using two sticks. He said you have to be really careful in Africa because if you give one kid a stick of gum the others kids will kill the kid over the gum. He says it's a rough place. Everyone seems to look at the US as this crazy lawless place but it's not anywhere as bad as the media tries to make it seem.

I mean if you really want to kill people and you are willing to risk your life to do so there isn't much that is going to stop you. I mean when you drive your car down that two lane road all that is sepparating you and the car zooming towards you is some paint on the road. Your life is litterally in the hands of that other driver and how many cars do you pass without a problem?

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:44 AM

You know that thought is what keeps me still a bit reliouse. I would like to think there is no escape from your karma and justice will be served.

It's probably what keeps me half-way well behaved. I have the gut feeling nobody gets away with anything in the long run. You will pay for your actions down the road sometime.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Are serious?

'Cause I'm betting he's some pussybitch with a gay mancrush on Heath Ledger....

And I hope he's going to be the official powerbottom of some prison shower....

Something will be red and it won't be his hair. Then after his prison rape and beat down Satan and his demons will have some more fun with him

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Semanticist bullshit. Even the military trains people to fire their M-16's on semi...

Yeah because the M-16 is a select fire assault rifle. You turn the switch to auto and it goes automatic and you turn the switch to semi and it's one shot per trigger pull. Or with the M-16A1 you have the three round burst. If you have a Polish Tantal you have all three options. Full Automatic, Semi-Automatic, and Three Round Burst. I would hope the military trains to place single shots instead of just spraying and praying.

SunisinuS
07-21-2012, 02:00 AM
How do People respond?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/colorado-shooting-gov-john-hickenlooper-30048125.html

Every Geek I used to know started their college with Political Science. It is interesting to watch how this Governor talks about Obama.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 02:06 AM
If that had been 6,000 bags of fertilizer, he would have been visited by the Feds... even if he owned a farm and had a legitimate reason to buy it.

But thanks to the NRA fascist cocksuckers, you aren't allowed to know how many guns or bullets somebody buys.

At least not until AFTER they use them to shoot 6 dozen people. :mad:

They know how many guns you buy. You have to fill out a form and that gets filed with the ATF. They also have to do a background check with the FBI. Some states have waiting periods. Ammunition is regulated by the states and they all have different laws. I can remember when you had to sign paperwork everytime you bought ammunition. I imagine what he bought was a bunch of cheap Russian stuff. I have a match grade AR-15 I use for target shooting and it actually says I void my warranty shooting that shit. Apparently the jackets are made of mild steel and not copper and it wears your barrel down. But then a mass murderer doesn't care about such things.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 02:15 AM
How do People respond?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/colorado-shooting-gov-john-hickenlooper-30048125.html

Every Geek I used to know started their college with Political Science. It is interesting to watch how this Governor talks about Obama.

I always thought it was where the people who couldn't cut the higher math classes went. They either go into political science, social work, or education. That new math they all shoved into the public schools in the 1970's did a ton of damage. I got my early math education in Hong Kong instead of the US public school system and when I came back to the states I was way ahead of most the students my age in math. I always felt the Rockefeller Foundation had the goal to ruin the US family unit and dumb the public schools down.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Or Elvis...

Elvis is the real Batman. He would have stomped the joker.

DONNIEP
07-21-2012, 02:36 AM
The weapon of choice shouldn't be the main point of the argument. Any fuckstick could decide to kill a hell of a lot more people by driving his car into the car-rider line at your local elementary school.

vandeleur
07-21-2012, 02:36 AM
This is obviously a huge tragedy for those involved ... But these discussions are interesting , they are so alien to me.
Sometimes our cultures are exactly the same but on this it's beyond my comprehension. That is not a slight on your culture but an admittance to not understanding it .

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 03:32 AM
Take away all the guns, right? Like Japan? Surely they never have had...... uh well yes they HAVE. Take guns away and sick fucks will figure out other ways to kill people it turns out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre

"37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre

"Police concluded it was at 12:33 P.M. when he hit five people with the truck, after ignoring a red light earlier that morning. As some people gathered to care for the victims, he then left the truck and stabbed at least 12 people, according to a witness, while screaming...."

There has always been some gun regulation here. In the old west in many cities you had to check your firearms with the local sherrif because the miners or cowboys would get drunk, get into fights and shoot the shit out of eat other. Then you used to be able to buy Thompson machine guns at your local sporting goods store. They actually advertised them as ranch guns in the 20's LOL! Then when the prohibition gangsters shot up each other with them, full automatic weapons became illegal unless you had the propper license to own one.

It used to be you could mail order rifles through the mail and then Oswald shooting Kennedy ended that.

Frankly I don't think machine guns should be legal and the 100 round magazines are just dumb novelty items. The thing is there is a lack of trust. One side wants to take everything away and one side doesn't want to compromise at all because it doesn't trust the other side. It's been this way my whole life. A never ending fight. I had to do a report on gun control in 7th grade and nothing has changed since then. I had to do a report on the storage of nuclear waste at that time too and no sollutions on that either. Gun Control, Nuclear Waste, and Abortion are the eternal debates that go on and on and on. Then you die and don't have to hear the arguing anymore.

gbranton
07-21-2012, 03:35 AM
the thing is there is a lack of trust. One side wants to take everything away and one side doesn't want to compromise at all because it doesn't trust the other side.

/\ This.

LoungeMachine
07-21-2012, 05:11 AM
The UK and the US are very different. We had a friend of my sister's from the UK stay with us and I don't think she ever understood us.

Don't bang your sister in front of guests, then......

Seshmeister
07-21-2012, 05:18 AM
The UK and the US are very different. We had a friend of my sister's from the UK stay with us and I don't think she ever understood us.

I don't think that's a nationality thing.

She probably just found it tiring and confusing trying to separate the 80% of made up bullshit from the truth.

LoungeMachine
07-21-2012, 05:21 AM
I'll take "I hate it When Sesh Beats Me To It" for $500, Alex

LoungeMachine
07-21-2012, 05:22 AM
If you want a gun just become a narcotics gangster and Eric Holder with give you a couple of them.

Weren't you part of the Fast and Furious sting under Bush when it started?

binnie
07-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Well, 4 pages and it seems that no-one has said the most important thing: my thoughts go out to the victims and their family and friends.

Instead everyone would rather spin this into some party political scoring point party. 'Liberal' this, 'right-wing' that. Really, it breaks down to this: one very disturbed young man with the capacity to do this in a society which affords him the opportunity. Surely everyone can agree that focussing on the how/why/what if of this guy is the wrong talking point - a period of grieving and sombre reflection seems more appropriate.

ashstralia
07-21-2012, 08:04 AM
unfortunately, where there's the will and the means there's a way. of course we're all thinking of the victim's families bin;

like it or not... for the record, i hate gun violence.
look what it costs, it's far worthier to settle disputes with words and actions.

this shit is ridiculous and must stop at some point.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Surely everyone can agree that focussing on the how/why/what if of this guy is the wrong talking point - a period of grieving and sombre reflection seems more appropriate.

No, making sure this is not a government psyop is of utmost importance to me...

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Check this out! this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9aVMfYR8to&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

binnie
07-21-2012, 08:33 AM
No, making sure this is not a government psyop is of utmost importance to me...

Seems to me that focussing on those who have suffered is a better use of your time than arguing the point about gun control and the power of the government. In fact, I'm really not sure how government/politics comes into this at all.

I expect your Church is holding a vigil or some sort of charity event? (and I don't mean that to be churlish or accuse you of not practicing what you preach, I'm genuinely curious as to what the Christian reaction to this is in the US).

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Sadness of course, binnie...

But the American government has had very corrupt elements for quite some time...

They assassinate people. They ship drugs in. They ship guns all over the world into the hands of criminals. They create false flag terrorism. They kill children with drones. They create security problems and offer up false solutions designed to erode the constitution. They pit Americans against fellow Americans...

And on and on...

This case being the work of the CIA is not beyond the realm of possibility...

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Colorado Batman shooting shows obvious signs of being staged

Mike Adams
Natural News
July 21, 2012

James Holmes, the Aurora, Colorado shooter who reportedly opened fire at a Batman movie premiere, was a medical student at the University of Colorado, pursuing a PhD in neuroscience, reports ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-14-peop…)

As part of the attack, Holmes painted his hair red and referred to himself as “The Joker,” one of the arch enemies in the DC Comics-inspired Batman movie series. (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-the…)

According to news reports, this sudden violent rampage was completely out of character for James Holmes, who was described as “shy.”

The New York Times is now reporting:

Billy Kromka, a pre-med student at the University of Colorado, Boulder, worked with Mr. Holmes for three months last summer as a research assistant in a lab of at the Anschutz Medical Campus. Mr. Kromka said he was surprised to learn Mr. Holmes was the shooting suspect. “It was just shocking, because there was no way I thought he could have the capacity to do commit an atrocity like this,” he said. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/colorado-mall-shooting.html?page…)

“He spent much of his time immersed in the computer, often participating in role-playing online games…”

There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated. His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three).

His behavior already reveals stark inconsistencies that question the mainstream explanation of events. For example, he opened fire on innocent people but then calmly surrendered to police without resistance. This is not consistent with the idea of “killing everyone.”
Furthermore, he then admitted to police that his apartment was booby-trapped with explosives. If you were really an evil-minded Joker trying to kill people (including cops), why would you warn them about the booby trap in advance? It doesn’t add up.

“Holmes was taken into custody shortly after the shooting, police said, adding he didn’t resist when he was arrested,” reports a local CBS news affiliate (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-the…).

“After his arrest, Holmes told police about ‘possible explosives in his residence,’ Oates said. When police searched his apartment, they discovered it was booby-trapped and evacuated surrounding buildings, police said. Oates said bomb technicians are determining how to disarm flammable or explosive material in the third-floor apartment. He said police could be there some time.”

None of this checks out. If you’re a killer bent on causing mayhem, why tell the police about your surprise bomb waiting for them back at your apartment?

Holmes was clearly provided with exotic gear
Continuing from CBS:

“He said pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated, adding the booby-traps were ‘something I’ve never seen.’ One rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were also found in Holmes’ car, a law enforcement source told CBS News. Oates said Holmes wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting.”

In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps… c’mon, this isn’t a “lone gunman.” This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.

“Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes’ apartment is booby-trapped with a ‘sophisticated’ maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it,” reports Yahoo News (http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/suspect-neuroscience-phd-stu…).

This is not your run-of-the-mill crime of passion. It was a carefully planned, heavily funded and technically advanced attack. Who might be behind all this? The FBI, of course, which has a long history of setting up and staging similar attacks, then stopping them right before they happen. See four documented stories on these facts:
http://www.naturalnews.com/035849_domestic_terror_plots_FBI.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/034325_FBI_entrapment_terror_plots.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/033751_FBI_terrorism.html
http://www.naturalnews.com/035757_FBI_terror_plots_false_flag.html

As you soak all this in, remember that the FBI had admitted to setting up terror plots, providing the weapons and gear, staging the location of the bombings and even driving the vehicles to pull it off! This is not a conspiracy theory, it’s been admitted by the FBI right out in the open. Even the New York Times openly reports all this in stories like this one:

NYT: Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I. (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-help…)
THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts. But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. …the F.B.I. provided a van loaded with six 55-gallon drums of “inert material,” harmless blasting caps, a detonator cord and a gallon of diesel fuel to make the van smell flammable. An undercover F.B.I. agent even did the driving…

On top of all this, Holmes apparently has no background. “He’s not on anybody’s radar screen — nothing,” said a peace officer in a NYT article. “This guy is somewhat of an enigma. Nobody knows anything about him.” (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/colorado-mall-shooting.html)

Mr. Holmes’s only criminal history is a traffic summons, the authorities said. He earned a bachelor’s degree with honors in neuroscience in 2010 from the University of California, Riverside, and was a graduate student in neurosciences at the University of Colorado at Denver’s Anschutz Medical Campus…

He was currently collecting unemployment…

Question: How does an unemployed medical student afford $20,000 in weapons gear?

If you start to look at the really big picture here, the obvious question arises: How does an unemployed medical student afford all the complex weapons gear, bomb-making gear, “flammable” booby trap devices, ammunition, multiple magazines, bullet-proof vest, groin protection, ballistic helmet, SWAT uniform and all the rest of it?

A decent AR-15 rifle costs $1,000 or more all by itself. The shotgun and handgun might run another $800 total. Spare mags, sights, slings, and so on will run you at least another $1,000 across three firearms. The bullet-proof vest is easily another $800, and the cost of the bomb-making gear is anybody’s guess. With all the specialty body gear, ammunition, booby-trap devices and more, I’m guessing this is at least $20,000 in weapons and tactical gear, much of which is very difficult for civilians to get in the first place.

The mere manufacture of an explosive booby-trap device is, all by itself, a felony crime by the way. And remember: “Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes’ apartment is booby-trapped with a ‘sophisticated’ maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it,” reported Yahoo News (http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/suspect-neuroscience-phd-stu…).

Question: Where does an unemployed, introverted medical school student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby traps, tactical body armor, weapons systems and more? Certainly not in graduate school!

All this leads to an obvious third party influence over all this. Someone else taught this guy these skills and funded the acquisition of the equipment.

Staged just in time for a vote on the UN small arms treaty?
More and more, this shooting is looking like a deliberate plot staged by the government itself much like Operation Fast and Furious pulled off by the ATF (http://www.naturalnews.com/032934_ATF_illegal_firearms.html) which helped smuggle tens of thousands of guns into Mexico for the purpose of causing “gun violence” in the USA, then blaming the Second Amendment for it.

All this looks like James Holmes completed a “mission” and then calmly ended that mission by surrendering to police and admitting everything. The mission, as we are now learning, was to cause as much terror and mayhem as possible, then to have that multiplied by the national media at exactly the right time leading up the UN vote next week on a global small arms treaty that could result in gun confiscation across America. (http://lewrockwell.com/eddlem/eddlem61.1.html)

Even Forbes.com wrote about this quite extensively, warning readers about the coming gun confiscation effort related to the UN treaty. The story was authored by Larry Bell (http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/06/07/u-n-agreement-should…) and says the UN treaty could “override our national sovereignty, and in the process, provide license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.”

In other words, this has all the signs of Fast & Furious, Episode II. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover someone in Washington was behind it all. After all, there’s no quicker way to disarm a nation and take total control over the population than to stage violence, blame it on firearms, then call for leaders to “do something!” Such calls inevitably end up resulting in gun confiscation, and it’s never too long after that before government genocide really kicks in like we saw with Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and other tyrants.

Here’s a short list of government mass murder carried out throughout history, almost always immediately following the disarmament of the public (and usually involving staged false flag events to justify the disarmament):

50+ million dead: Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50)
12+ million dead: Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) – concentration camps, civilian deaths and dead Russian POWs
8+ million dead: Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-1908)
6+ million dead: Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39)
5+ million dead: Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44)
2+ million dead: Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-22)
1.7 million dead: Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79)
1.6 million dead: Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94)
1.5 million dead: Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78)
1 million dead: Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970)
900,000 dead: Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982)
800,000 dead: Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994)

So yes, James Holmes and other crazed shooters kill a number of people each year in random acts of violence. It’s horrifying and wrong, but it’s nothing compared to the millions of lives that governments tend to destroy when they gain total power over the populace.
The most dangerous thing in the world, it turns out, is not a crazy person with a rifle; it’s a government with a “monopoly of force” over the entire population. And that’s exactly what the UN spells out as its goal for the world: Stripping all power from individual citizens and handing “monopolies of force” to the governments of the world, shoring up their positions as the only “legitimate” power on the planet.

See this document entitled, “Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)” policy paper No. 24:
http://www.naturalnews.com/files/Revisiting-the-State-Monopoly-on-the…
As this document reveals, a table entitled “Governance solutions for reasserting the state monopoly on the use of force” lists the options available to governments to re-establish “monopolies of force” against their own people:

• (Re-)establish state monopoly
- Ownership of WMDs
- Safety Inspectorates
• Prohibit business activity
- Justice and Execution
- Deadly Force?
• Regulate/limit activities
- Private defense/security services
- Control of financial transfers
- Export controls
- Transport and infrastructure safety
- Environmental impact

Interestingly, that document also describes “terrorism” in a way that perfectly matches the Aurora, Colorado “Batman” movie theater shooter:

Terrorists aim to spread panic and fear in societies in order to achieve political goals, be they based on left- or right-wing, social-revolutionary, nationalistic or religious ideologies. They are organized in a clandestine way, most often in small groups and cells… Typical tactical means include kidnapping, hostage-taking, sabotage, murder, suicide attacks, vehicle bombs and improvised explosive devices.

This story gets deep, doesn’t It ??

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 09:38 AM
And BTW, this thread belongs in The Front Line...

Angel
07-21-2012, 10:37 AM
One of the victims was at the Eaton's Centre shooting in Toronto a month ago. Unbelievable to think that someone could survive one horrific mass shooting only to die in another one a month later.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Oh, and it just so happens the theater didn't have the normal security that it has almost every night, especially weekends and premiere nights...

THE WHOLE STORY STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satan
07-21-2012, 12:42 PM

Oh, I can guarantee you that's happening. My dragons were ready for him the other night. Too bad the cops took him alive.

Satan
07-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Right again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jun/02/cumbria-shootings-slaughter-countryside-derrick-bird

"Twelve people were confirmed dead and three were fighting for their lives last night after a taxi driver went on the rampage in the UK's worst shooting incident since the Dunblane massacre......."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_school_massacre

"The Dunblane school massacre occurred at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. The gunman, 43-year-old Thomas Hamilton, entered the school armed with four handguns, shooting and killing sixteen children and one adult before committing suicide. Along with the 1987 Hungerford massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shootings, it remains one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in the history of the United Kingdom."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungerford_massacre

"The Hungerford massacre occurred in Hungerford, Berkshire, England, on 19 August 1987. The gunman, 27-year-old Michael Robert Ryan, armed with two semi-automatic rifles and a handgun, shot and killed sixteen people including his mother, and wounded fifteen others, then fatally shot himself."

OK, so the shit occasionally happens, but you seem to average one psycho per decade. As opposed to 20 mass killings a year in the US.

Anyway kids, take it from a Devil who has pretty much seen everything humanity is capable of over the years. Guns, particilarly assault rifles, are PART of the problem, because they make the killing easier. Even if this asswipe only had handguns, he would have had to reload several times before he could have shot 70 people.

But you can bet your soul on this....... This little fuck was brainwashed. That doesn't mean he necessarily has to be a CIA lab experiment. Pharameutical anti-depressants are behind a lot of these mass psycho killings. Hell is full of mass murderers, and even some of THEM are amazed at what goes on up there in recent years. Eventually, you'll hear what kind of pills this kid was on. Probably not in the whore media (which runs big pharma ads every 5 minutes) but the news will get out there.....

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 03:33 PM
I watched a bogus FBI agent interview where the agent is talking about getting his computer so they can determine the exact recipes the patsy, err "suspect" used to make explosives and tear gas...

Kiss my fucking ass!

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Oh the media just runs with this stuff and blows everything out of proportion it's hard to know what to believe. They will make it seem like the guy was some kind of genius who made some really exotic devices when in reality he probably made some pipe bombs or threw some barbed spikes on the floor of the apartment. A script writer said the current programming on television is written to an 11 year old mental capacity. The news seems to follow that format. It must mean most the people wasting their time watching a lot of television are not that bright.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd say six years old...

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't even know what's on TV anymore. I rarely watch it. I went over to someone's house and the Wheel of Fortune was on. I didn't even know that show was still going and Pat and Vanna were still doing it. I had no idea. Hosting a game show must be a good gig. The guys who do it do it forever, but then Bob Barker was getting laid a lot and probably paid a lot so who can blame these guys. But Wheel of Fortune has more intelligence on it than the news these days.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure you think this bullshit stinks as much as I do, Nitro...

But even if this guy wakes up out of his trance and starts talking like a bird, the government will switch to script B and the media would lick it up...

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I think people need to learn to be more self-sufficient again. It was in fact a Democrat president that said ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country. Where has that gone? I just see too many people sitting around asking what is the government going to do for me? Too much of that and you give all your power to the politicians and those who own the politicians. People even the ones who needed help used to be too proud to accept it. Now too many people expect it. The American public have been bought off.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Most don't even have to be bought off...

They just go about a meaningless, nowhere facebook existence thinking they're somehow cool...

baru911
07-21-2012, 09:24 PM

It isn't illegal nor should it be. Why would someone do something about it? If you get a good enough deal you jump on it. 6000 round would take guys who are serious about keeping a perishable skill fresh less than 4 months to go through. That's 375 rounds a week. While that isn't your average gun owner it certainly isn't a large round count for someone who does 3 gun shooting competitions. Yes, I know most competition shooters reload - I'm talking round counts. However, some do buy their ammo.

I've been to courses where we went through 1000 rounds in 2 days.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 09:52 PM
I'd be concerned about someone looking to by a very small amount...

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Hell is not a place run by bad guys, that would be the white house...

gbranton
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Maybe one of you actually has some experience and isn't wiki blasting away like a punk with a weapon.

When I was in college I worked in an emergency room and in a funeral home. I have seen what happens when you pull the trigger, both to the human body and to those who are left behind. Neither one are particularly pretty. Those are some of the reasons why I consider it a tremendous responsibility to carry a firearm. A responsibility that has tremendous implications I hope to never exercise.

I would want my first response to be to get my wife down on the ground and get on top of her with my weapon drawn and fire ONLY if an opportunity to end the situation with a clear shot or an imminent threat to our safety arose. I would not jump up and try to engage anyone like it was a Lethal Weapon movie.

gbranton
07-21-2012, 10:40 PM
There are no rules in fighting, but here are a few things I think:

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

5. I was asked once "Why carry a .45?". I responded "Because they don't make a .46."

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. I was asked by a date once, "I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?", "Nope, If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 10:42 PM
I'd fuckin' jump off the back of the seat into a Roth split, load one round into my Magnum PI while still in the air, duck back down behind the seat and hit that bitch between the jokers!

clarathecarrot
07-21-2012, 10:52 PM
I'd grab my tiny little balls in my hand and wave the other above my head while I ran screaming out of the theater like a bitch in a frisco gay parade.

gbranton
07-21-2012, 10:58 PM
I worked at a funeral home when I was in college as well. I was an usher and closed up at night.

I was an apprentice embalmer, which meant as long as a licensed embalmer was on the premises I could embalm a remains.

clarathecarrot
07-21-2012, 11:04 PM
You guys better get back to talking about Nicks bullet specs. He is moving cetrtain posts replies to the dump.

Last I read it was about serving your country and shooting bullets ....and mens room stall encounters....

Follow Nicks lead stay in lock step.

motherchicken
07-21-2012, 11:10 PM
You guys better get back to talking about Nicks bullet specs. He is moving cetrtain posts replies to the dump.

Last I read it was about serving your country and shooting bullets ....and mens room stall encounters....

Follow Nicks lead stay in lock step.
You must be mistaken. Little Nicky would never do that.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 11:11 PM
unfortunately, where there's the will and the means there's a way. of course we're all thinking of the victim's families bin;

like it or not... for the record, i hate gun violence.
look what it costs, it's far worthier to settle disputes with words and actions.

this shit is ridiculous and must stop at some point.

I hate violence as well but it's been going on for thousands of years and I don't see it stopping. If anything it's gotten worse. How do you stop it without making a police state and even at that you won't stop it. Here's a guy that had good grades. He was intelligent enough to get into medical school. No signs he was a problem and then look at what he did. How do you stop that? Ever notice these guys are clean cut almost nerdy looking. It's never a guy covered in swastika tattoos. The guy who is a cannibal with body parts in the fridge usually looks like an insurance salesman. I don't think anyone has an explanation but it's never a good feeling when these things happen. I think most people just tune it out to cope with it and then of course it it's a friend or loved one then that's a whole other story.

The religious people will just say it's end of days signs. The non religious people might offer a more scientific explanation. The truth is we all look at this type of thing and really don't know what to think.

clarathecarrot
07-21-2012, 11:15 PM
The ballistics discussion is so wrong when we should be mailing our hearts through the fabric of humanity to the victim's families, even though the murders are a government psyop aimed at disarming the real Americans...

shhhhhhh dang it..you gonna get the BOOT.. he doesn't understand that he could start his own weapons discussion thread. He thinks that is what this one is...shhhhhh

motherchicken
07-21-2012, 11:19 PM
I hate violence as well but it's been going on for thousands of years and I don't see it stopping. If anything it's gotten worse. How do you stop it without making a police state and even at that you won't stop it. Here's a guy that had good grades. He was intelligent enough to get into medical school. No signs he was a problem and then look at what he did. How do you stop that? Ever notice these guys are clean cut almost nerdy looking. It's never a guy covered in swastika tattoos. The guy who is a cannibal with body parts in the fridge usually looks like an insurance salesman. I don't think anyone has an explanation but it's never a good feeling when these things happen. I think most people just tune it out to cope with it and then of course it it's a friend or loved one then that's a whole other story.

The religious people will just say it's end of days signs. The non religious people might offer a more scientific explanation. The truth is we all look at this type of thing and really don't know what to think.
Recently I was pondering why it seems people are more violent and heartless nowdays myself but then I realized that's not true at all. There has always been violent, heartless even soulless people doing violent, heartless,soulless shit. It's just the nature of some people.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 11:19 PM
The ballistics discussion is so wrong when we should be mailing our hearts through the fabric of humanity to the victim's families, even though the murders are a government psyop aimed at disarming the real Americans...

No doubt everyone is feeling bad. I hate it when this sort of thing happens. Who knows if it was a government psyop but the thing is people just don't trust the government anymore. That's sad too.

Nitro Express
07-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Recently I was pondering why it seems people are more violent and heartless nowdays myself but then I realized that's not true at all. There has always been violent, heartless even soulless people doing violent, heartless,soulless shit. It's just the nature of some people.

True. You only have to look at how people tortured each other for proof of that. I'm talking about in my lifetime here in the states. It's gotten worse. I remember some friends and I were joking in high school that in the future the schools would degrade to where students would shoot the school up. At the time that was really out there. Now it happens. That's what I'm getting at.

clarathecarrot
07-21-2012, 11:25 PM
What alot of people may not realize is it has always been this way news travels faster it is never the whole story so the news people work you for ratings share money.

With panels of experts creating falshoods and speculation people use that for water cooler speak, the next day.

Murder is entertainment .

I alway picture the movie The Unforgiven and the very last scene where Eastwood is walking toward his wifes grave and they scroll that story across the screen.

But what I read is, Man kills whole family in the middle of nowhere and nobody knows about it, ever, or woman kills whole family and etc....

Cain and Abel, even if you aren't a bible reading person, the first sin... it just used to take 500 years or noone ever heard .

We have "instant news" for the exact same stories.

motherchicken
07-21-2012, 11:35 PM
True. You only have to look at how people tortured each other for proof of that. I'm talking about in my lifetime here in the states. It's gotten worse. I remember some friends and I were joking in high school that in the future the schools would degrade to where students would shoot the school up. At the time that was really out there. Now it happens. That's what I'm getting at.
Think back to the Texas tower and I don't like mondays this shits been going on for years.

DONNIEP
07-21-2012, 11:39 PM
There are no rules in fighting, but here are a few things I think:

5. I was asked once "Why carry a .45?". I responded "Because they don't make a .46."

True, but Guncrafter Industries make a 50GI that's basically the same size as a 1911.

ELVIS
07-21-2012, 11:50 PM
No it's not...

The founding fathers didn't trust government...

You must be smoking some good shit tonight...

SunisinuS
07-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Always be the Black Man. In the following clip of the St. Louis Airport examine how one individual knows.... immediately that running is needed and runs appropriately. Read the article. I am a firm believer in the fact that experience helps you survive. Not blame, not whining, not Rush Limbaugh.

• Your intuition is a gift. If you find yourself in a public venue where someone, or something, seems out of place, act without hesitation to leave. Those who linger can engage in what medical specialists call "milling" — a sense of "this can't be happening to me." Think about those who fled from the Pentagon immediately upon guessing that a plane had crashed into their building in 2001, likely saving their lives.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/opinion/barton-shooting-security/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Everybody should go throughout their normal daily lives in condition yellow. I know this and I still don't do it all the time.

ELVIS
07-22-2012, 12:46 AM
What the fuck is condition yellow ??

SunisinuS
07-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Everybody should go throughout their normal daily lives in condition yellow. I know this and I still don't do it all the time.

It is not so much condition yellow I think as condition green. Knowing something bad can happen at anytime makes you relaxed.....and ready when it does. Stress in day to day conditions does not help. Relaxed calm before the storm....always good.

What the fuck is condition yellow ??

Hello!

Tweedle Dumb and Tweddle Dumber:

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 12:52 AM
It is not so much condition yellow I think as condition green. Knowing something bad can happen at anytime makes you relaxed.....and ready when it does. Stress in day to day conditions does not help. Relaxed calm before the storm....always good.

That's actually the definition of condition yellow - knowing that something bad can happen at any time but there's no specific threat at the moment.

But, and it's kinda hard to admit, if I had been in that theatre and was armed (as I usually am) I would have jumped on top of my daughter and covered her. I don't know that I would have been able to run toward this cockbreath while my kid was in the potential line of fire.

SunisinuS
07-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Well I think it is all monday morning quarterbacking....so we know what kinda happened now. But, the Black Guy does not know it is a bomb or a shooter or what...you just remove your daughter and (if you can) yourself from the situation. You cannot garrote or knife a tornado. So teaching your children to remove themselves from dangerous situations is at base....basic.

My heart goes out to those that lost their lives...and even with all prep...if I was the first person that asshole decided to shoot that night...I would be a victim.

And I also had a ticket to the midnight movie that night...interesting...I gave it to someone else for free....but 3 states away.

ELVIS
07-22-2012, 01:00 AM
I think too many people these days let feelings dictate their lives rather than rational thought...

On top of that, people are medicated with so many substances, it's incredible they manage to function, let alone pay attention to what's going on...

People need to wake up!

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Well I think it is all monday morning quarterbacking....so we know what kinda happened now. But, the Black Guy does not know it is a bomb or a shooter or what...you just remove your daughter and (if you can) yourself from the situation. You cannot garrote or knife a tornado. So teaching your children to remove themselves from dangerous situations is at base....basic.

Yeah, you're right about that. The first thing you'll learn in a defensive handgun class is to back away from the threat. Every time. Regardless if you live in a Stand Your Ground state or not. You always back away and look for cover. Especially if it's a tornado :biggrin:

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:09 AM
That's actually the definition of condition yellow - knowing that something bad can happen at any time but there's no specific threat at the moment.

But, and it's kinda hard to admit, if I had been in that theatre and was armed (as I usually am) I would have jumped on top of my daughter and covered her. I don't know that I would have been able to run toward this cockbreath while my kid was in the potential line of fire.

Even armed you would be going up against a guy in body armor with a rifle and a lot of firepower. You would have a handgun. Also, he is going to shoot at you no matter who is around you and you have to make sure you have a clear shot.

I've always carried a bigger gun than the smaller .380's. My conceal carry gun is surprisingly accurate for how short the barrel is. I also have Tritium sights on it so I can see them in the dark. The key is to have a grip that fits your hand naturally to where if you grab your gun it lines up. Then practice practice practice.

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Yeah, you're right about that. The first thing you'll learn in a defensive handgun class is to back away from the threat. Every time. Regardless if you live in a Stand Your Ground state or not. You always back away and look for cover. Especially if it's a tornado :biggrin:

We had to watch this cheesy movie called shoot or don't shoot. They also tell you if you are packing heat to avoid going to bars because confrontations tend to happen there more.

gbranton
07-22-2012, 01:16 AM
They also tell you if you are packing heat to avoid going to bars because confrontations tend to happen there more.

It is illegal here to carry into a bar or be under the influence of alcohol.

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 01:18 AM
We had to watch this cheesy movie called shoot or don't shoot. They also tell you if you are packing heat to avoid going to bars because confrontations tend to happen there more.

Here in NC you're not allowed to carry concealed in a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol (although that may have changed last year). Nor are you allowed to carry when you've consumed alcohol. So I can't leave the house tonight :biggrin:

SunisinuS
07-22-2012, 01:23 AM

Lol i remember that movie...I used to work security in bars for many years....so somehow it filtered in. The guy that played this out used the EXIT like out of a Tom Clancy scenario.....buy a ticket...go out the exit...prop it open...come back in....for me....being odd has always made me do things like...kick out the wood from a prop-opened door...even if they yelled at me later....as I would let someone back in...but in a public place.....anything odd sets me off.

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:29 AM
In shoot don't shoot they had all these senereos and you had to answer whether shooting the person was justified. I remember they have this drunken bum and he calls you every name in the book, insults your mother and then spits in your face. Then they go shoot or walk away?

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 01:30 AM
In shoot don't shoot they had all these senereos and you had to answer whether shooting the person was justified. I remember they have this drunken bum and he calls you every name in the book, insults your mother and then spits in your face. Then they go shoot or walk away?

I got lucky. Didn't have to watch any movies...

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:35 AM
I got lucky. Didn't have to watch any movies...

We had to do a whole course. I think the movies we watched were old movies they trained cops with. It kind of reminded me of drivers training. I remember in drivers training our books were so old that the cars had wings on them and they talked about operating a push button transmission. That always intrigued me, then in high school my friends grandmother passed away and he started driving her car. It was a Chrysler New Yorker from the 60's in pristine condition. It had the see through steering wheel and funky cosmic green seats and a push button transmission. We used to cruise around in it and called the thing the green comet.

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Damn, did we derail this motherfucker or what? :thumb:

Next will come the porn pictures.

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Aw c'mon Selleck seems like a great guy, his series of Jesse Stone films has been quite successful, I think he's dome eight of those. Quigley was a great movie as was Lassiter. Runaway (the Simmons movie) was ok. Ironically enough, he first popped up on my radar when he was in two episodes of my other favorite detective series of all time, The Rockford Files.

I remember he was on the Tonight Show and said he bought a ranch north of Los Angeles and his cows kept dying. Part of the ranch was planted in avocado trees and Selleck said those were producing like crazy but he hates avocados. The way he said that was pretty funny. He said if he was in the beef business he would lose his shirt.

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Next will come the porn pictures.

Probably but I ain't gonna post 'em :)

DONNIEP
07-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Huffing turpentine from your toothless cousin-girlfriend's cupboard will do that too you...

Yeah, that'll do it every time. Doesn't he have his own thread now?

ELVIS
07-22-2012, 01:45 AM
What is this thread about again ??

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Very depressing stuff.

LoungeMachine
07-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Can we have a little respect, and maybe NOT derail ONE thread with mindless NITRO 80% BULLSHIT STORIES and rambling on about Tom motherfucking Selleck. You wanna rehash that clown, START A THREAD. Closed for a time out.

asshats.

LoungeMachine
07-22-2012, 03:03 AM
Among 12 people killed, at least two died heroically
By Dan Frosch and Erica Goode | New York Times July 22, 2012

AURORA, Colo. — Movie screen superheroes almost never die. But there were superheroes present in a darkened movie theater at Aurora Mall, and some of them did die, like Matthew Robert McQuinn, who threw his body in front of his longtime girlfriend, Samantha Yowler, shielding her from the bullets that took his life.

McQuinn, 27, was one of 12 people who were killed when a gunman opened fire at the theater early Friday, and like many of the other victims, he was young enough to have limitless possibilities ahead of him. He and Yowler, who was wounded and was listed in stable condition, went to see the midnight premiere of the latest installment in the Batman series with her brother. He, too, leaped to protect his sister and pull her from the theater to safety.

Jonathan Blunk, 26, a military veteran, died when he saved his girlfriend, Jansen Young.

Veronica Moser went to the movie with her mother. She was 6, too young to know much about Batman, too inexperienced to know that in the ferocious uncertainty of life, a movie theater could, without warning, become one of the most dangerous places on earth.

Veronica died on the operating table after being wounded during the shooting, her 15-year-old cousin, Katherine Young, said on Saturday.

‘‘She was just a radiant, happy little girl,’’ Katherine said. ‘‘She was just so happy. She could brighten anyone’s day.’’

Katherine said that Veronica, who lived in Denver, had just started swimming and had fallen in love with it.

Veronica’s mother, Ashley Moser, was seriously injured. She was shot twice in the abdomen and once in the neck and remained in the hospital, Katherine said. “They were just over for dinner on Tuesday,’’ she added quietly.

Just after midnight on Friday, the gunman, armed with a small arsenal of weapons, opened fire in the theater, leaving an additional 58 people injured.

By Saturday, officials had identified the 12 who died — 10 at the scene and two others later at hospitals.

The Aurora Mall theater, much like movie palaces everywhere, is a deeply American place where the bonds of popcorn and a refuge from daily cares unite people from all backgrounds.

McQuinn and Yowler worked at Target, having moved to Colorado from Ohio to get a fresh start. They were accompanied to the midnight premiere by Yowler’s brother, Nick Yowler. She was shot in the knee, but is recovering in the hospital, said a lawyer who is serving as a spokesman for the families.

Blunk, who served in the Navy aboard the USS Nimitz, had always wanted to die a hero, his estranged wife, Chantel Blunk, told NBC News. Jansen Young said that is exactly what happened.

“Jon just took a bullet for me,’’ she said on the ‘‘Today’’ show. Blunk moved to Colorado after leaving the service and worked here installing hardwood flooring, his father, Randall Blunk, said on Saturday. He had a 4-year-old daughter and a 2-year-old son.

Among the other dead, Alex Sullivan was a huge comic book fan who was at the premiere to celebrate his 27th birthday. Alexander Teves, 24, of Phoenix graduated in June from the University of Denver with a master’s degree in counseling psychology, the school said. And Alexander Boik, 18, as recalled by a friend, Jakob Bolger, as ‘‘a very heartwarming, good-minded person.’’

The first victim to be identified, Jessica Ghawi, 24, had narrowly escaped a mass shooting at Eaton Center Mall in Toronto. An aspiring sports broadcaster, she had written that the experience had convinced her that each moment was precious.

In this city of 325,000, where the military has had a strong presence for almost a century, the Dark Knight sequel also drew in two service members who were killed.

Petty Officer Third Class John Larimer, 27, a Navy cryptologic technician stationed in Aurora since October, died from injuries sustained in the shooting.

Staff Sergeant Jesse Childress, 29, from Thornton, Colo., was an Air Force reservist on active duty with the 310th Forces Support Squadron at Buckley Air Force Base, Air Force officials said.

Rebecca Wingo, 32, was a single mother with two daughters, a ‘‘lovely young woman,’’ her friend Gail Riffle said, who took classes at Aurora Community College and attended Mile Hi Church in Lakewood, Colo.

Micayla Medek, 23, worked at a Subway sandwich shop and was trying to figure out what to do with her life, her aunt, Jennifer Zakovich, said Saturday.

Also killed was Gordon Cowden, an Aurora resident whose family didn’t want to speak to the press Saturday.

Try BostonGlobe.com today and get two weeks FREE.
Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

gbranton
07-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Nothing but admiration for McQuinn and Blunk and men like them. Real life super-heroes indeed.

Satan
07-22-2012, 04:24 AM
So we have at least three guys who managed to make it home alive from Chimpy's stupid goddamned illegal wars, only to die in a fucking movie theater.

Who says irony is dead? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

gbranton
07-22-2012, 04:33 AM
Jesus, they are on tv right now talking about his (Holmes') Adult Friend Finder account. The media coverage is sickening, one "expert" after another, ballistics, firearms, psychologists, profilers, bomb technicians, many of whom sound suspiciously like idiots, all speculating on shit they don't know shit about.

BigBadBrian
07-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Jesus, they are on tv right now talking about his (Holmes') Adult Friend Finder account. The media coverage is sickening, one "expert" after another, ballistics, firearms, psychologists, profilers, bomb technicians, many of whom sound suspiciously like idiots, all speculating on shit they don't know shit about.

They're all motherfucking vultures, every damned one of them! Whether it's MSNBC that leans heavily to the Left or Fox that leans to the Right, or all the other channels that have an agenda one way or the other, they are all vultures! I don't know how people can watch that shit. :( :( :(

Nickdfresh
07-22-2012, 08:47 AM
They're all motherfucking vultures, every damned one of them! Whether it's MSNBC that leans heavily to the Left or Fox that leans to the Right, or all the other channels that have an agenda one way or the other, they are all vultures! I don't know how people can watch that shit. :( :( :(

Did I actually agree with a BBB post? It's not even about politics at this point, it's about money and turning a tragedy into a 24-hour, inexpensive time-filling, newsathon with the pretense that all these journalists actually care (some do, but many have no problem shoving a microphone into a grieving mother's face)...

Nickdfresh
07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I've split off dozens of posts into a thread on Magnum P.I. in the non, and a new gun control thread in this forum...

BigBadBrian
07-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Probably the saddest part of this horrific tragedy:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1119475!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/veronica-moser.jpg

Veronica Moser, age 6, Deceased :cry::cry::cry:

Seshmeister
07-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Veronica Moser went to the movie with her mother. She was 6, too young to know much about Batman, too inexperienced to know that in the ferocious uncertainty of life, a movie theater could, without warning, become one of the most dangerous places on earth.

That's one of the most stupid lines of journalism I've ever read.

ELVIS
07-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Anyone see the beginning of Meet The Propagandists ??

Sickening...

ELVIS
07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
The Lone Gunman

Cough.. patsy.. cough...

jhale667
07-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Did I actually agree with a BBB post? It's not even about politics at this point, it's about money and turning a tragedy into a 24-hour, inexpensive time-filling, newsathon with the pretense that all these journalists actually care (some do, but many have no problem shoving a microphone into a grieving mother's face)...

:doh: I know, I just had to agree with him twice - about the vulture journalism (on all sides) and the 6-year old (another child who shouldn't have been at a midnight movie in the first fucking place).

Nitro Express
07-22-2012, 12:44 PM
No it's not...

The founding fathers didn't trust government...

You must be smoking some good shit tonight...

They didn't trust concentrating the power in one area. Also, they gave more power to the people. I'm amazed at how well their system balances and checks itself. It's taken a long time for people to ruin it and even if the executive, judicial, and legislative branches are totally corrupt, the states still can have a constitutional convention and fix it.

I think that is where we are heading a constitutional convention while the corrupt people in power are trying to stir the pot by playing one side off the other and start more wars. I think that is what this whole Iran business is about. They want a big war and people fixated on that instead of being fixated on getting the corrupt scumbags out of office. I see it as a failed government and banking system trying to stay in power.

ELVIS
07-22-2012, 01:03 PM
So they will start wars and pit the people against each other on every issue under the sun, but mention the idea of sending a patsy on a shooting spree and the sheeple call you a conspiracy nut...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-22-2012, 02:17 PM
back on topic....

ZahZoo
07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
So... the face of evil...

http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/072312_holmescourtroom_20120723_130239.jpg

jhale667
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
So... the face of evil...

...has an expression on it that indicates "Damn, I didn't think I'd get caught...."

Fuck this guy with a rusty chainsaw.

gbranton
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I think that is what this whole Iran business is about. They want a big war and people fixated on that instead of being fixated on getting the corrupt scumbags out of office.

Exactly. It gives them something they can construe as high moral ground to stand on. Just like the left cries racism if you criticise them, if you criticise the right they tell you that you are not patriotic. It is the same playbook with a few key words switched out.

DLR Bridge
07-23-2012, 04:46 PM
...has an expression on it that indicates "Damn, I didn't think I'd get caught...."

Fuck this guy with a rusty chainsaw.

His very act was a suicide mission. He was in an enclosed area picking off harmless people with heavily armed law enforcement closing in. He has to be wondering why his miserable ass was spared. Must be why he blew his own apartment surprise bang.

LoungeMachine
07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
His very act was a suicide mission. He was in an enclosed area picking off harmless people with heavily armed law enforcement closing in. He has to be wondering why his miserable ass was spared. Must be why he blew his own apartment surprise bang.

Then why the bullet proof vest and helmet?

If he wanted "suicide by cop" they would have been happy to help him out.

This was no suicide mission.

DLR Bridge
07-23-2012, 04:56 PM

True, but a vest prevents you from getting the absolute shit blown out of you like a motorcycle helmet keeps your head attached to your body. I think he was playing dress up, but knew that it couldn't end good for him.

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/media/2012/07/how-media-shouldnt-cover-mass-murder

Every time there's a mass shooting, I remember this piece of footage from Charlie Brooker's BBC series Newswipe. In it, a forensic psychiatrist outlines the guidelines for news reporting of such a tragedy, assuming that your aim is to prevent further ones.

DONNIEP
07-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Gotta go with Lounge on this one. If he was looking to go out in a hail of bullets then the cops would have been more than happy to send him on the marget carpet ride to the afterlife. Looks more like this sick fuck was wearing all the body armor to make sure he didn't get stopped before he was good and ready. But who the hell knows? And based on how this prick looked in court today he ain't gonna be giving any coherent statements any time soon...

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Why are they not looking for the accomplice or accomplices ??

Why was the normal security not on duty on the premier night of one of the biggest movies ever ??

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 05:02 PM
True, but a vest prevents you from getting the absolute shit blown out of you like a motorcycle helmet keeps your head attached to your body. I think he was playing dress up, but knew that it couldn't end good for him.

You're looking at as if he was thinking logically...

Why did he just calmly walk out like a programmed robot ??

LoungeMachine
07-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Why was the normal security not on duty on the premier night of one of the biggest movies ever ??

How the fuck would you know what "they" are looking for or not?

You think the local cops and the FBI include you in their activities?

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Of course...

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 05:11 PM
You're looking at as if he was thinking logically...

Why did he just calmly walk out like a programmed robot ??

Just to clarify this, you are asking why the insane person was acting insanely?

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 05:15 PM
No...

ZahZoo
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM

There was actual police at the theater for crowd control. Most theaters don't have security...

Why is it difficult for you to believe this piece of shit acted alone?

LoungeMachine
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
There was actual police at the theater for crowd control. Most theaters don't have security...

Alex Jones told him.

The irony is thick.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2012, 06:27 PM
No...

Yes...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie/badass.gif

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 07:21 PM

There were no crowd control police there...

And I believe the witnesses who said there was someone siting up front who got a call and exited through the emergency exit and the shooter emerged moments later...

There are also witnesses who said tear gas was thrown in from both sides of the room...

vandeleur
07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/media/2012/07/how-media-shouldnt-cover-mass-murder

Charlie brooker is class ... tho no where near as funny as elvis ..

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
It must be pretty offensive to the victims families that a mass murderer who shot a child is being dubbed 'The Joker' by asshole journalists...

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
They're just following the script...

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 08:32 PM
I think you could learn a lot from Norway.

It's one year since the shooting at Utøya and the bomb in Oslo, here is a picture of the Norwegian people after the attack.

Better than politicians trying to get mileage from it, sleezy dumb journalism and conspiracy nonsense.

http://i.imgur.com/UsZ8l.jpg

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 08:33 PM
And Obama photo-ops....

jhale667
07-23-2012, 08:38 PM
See what happens when you throw Alex Jones' batshit in a mind that's already 3/4 of the way closed?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/487659_425143267524645_1302137728_n.jpg

Note: Not even a knock on ELBOW's usual religiosity, it's just as if they used his actual X-Ray!!

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
It's you that has a closed mind...

jhale667
07-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Your usual "I know you are but what am I" defense... how original ...:biggrin: douchebag.

:guitar:

LoungeMachine
07-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Okay......enough

jhale667
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
http://data.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Screen-Shot-2012-07-23-at-10.54.11-AM-300x201.png
So ELBOW, it seems you missed the part where the POTUS talked about that photo you've been ranting about, and what it was about: That it was the victim's friend (seen in said "photo op" hugging Obama)'s refusing to leave her side after she was shot in the neck, - (you used to work in a hospital, that's a pretty gnarly injury, yes?) her friend stayed, maintained pressure on the wound while shots continued to ring out around them and after until paramedics got to her, basically saving her life. He made the point of how that is what makes America great; how it evokes the spirit of American unity... you know, that thing you're against.

So eager to hate on the POTUS you completely miss the human element.

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
No I don't...

Obama told one of the victims or family member "I know how you feel."

So Obama knows how it feels to be shot or lose a family member to violence ??

It's a campaign photo op...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had his Obamaprompter™ in the room...

jhale667
07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
How do you know he DOESN'T know what it feels like to lose a family member to violence, pray tell? Just asking.

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Obama told one of the victims or family member "I know how you feel."

Meaningless.

What was the context of the line, how was it said?

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I agree it's meaningless, but asshale got all warm and fuzzy because Obama was in the Room pretending to give a fuck...

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know if he does or doesn't give a fuck. I guess the only thing that matters is if the people he met thought he did.

In any case none of this is going to affect the election.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't know if he does or doesn't give a fuck. I guess the only thing that matters is if the people he met thought he did.

In any case none of this is going to affect the election.

this will be fodder for both for too long, i think

hambon4lif
07-23-2012, 10:47 PM

And I believe the witnesses who said there was someone siting up front who got a call and exited through the emergency exit and the shooter emerged moments later...

There are also witnesses who said tear gas was thrown in from both sides of the room...

:elvis:What a bunch of BULLSHIT!! Did they actually find the other can? Or are they still looking for it?

I'll bet that I don't even need 3 guesses as to who's spouting that idiotic nonsense....

Seriously dude.....life is already far too complicated for people like you, but if you keep letting that fatass fearmongering disinformant stick his little prick in your ear everyday, then you have even less of a chance of ever knowing what reality is.

Go on a diet from the fucking 'infowars'....at least until after you've removed your head from your ass.

ELVIS
07-23-2012, 10:53 PM
How do you know he DOESN'T know what it feels like to lose a family member to violence, pray tell? Just asking.

If he had, he would have read it to the public on his Obamaprompter...

You know, never let a good crisis go to waste...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM

and the death certificate woulda been forged

FORD
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
It must be pretty offensive to the victims families that a mass murderer who shot a child is being dubbed 'The Joker' by asshole journalists...

Steve Miller is probably offended as well......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmVusVh4TRQ

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 11:02 PM

Jones is the worst for that, he doesn't even wait for the crisis before screaming FIRE FIRE FIRE.

What was it? 8 Nuclear meltdowns at Y2K? :biggrin:

ELVIS
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Alex jones wasn't alone in preparing for Y2K, the hype was world wide...

This is your weakest argument yet...

No wait, your weakest was how vitamins and minerals provide no benefit compared to big pharma poison...

That was classic bullshit at its best...

ZahZoo
07-24-2012, 09:22 AM

There was a video early on with the Aurora PD spokesperson stating officers were on-site for crowd control due to the premiere. I believe they were outside the theater not positioned inside. First response to 911 calls was less than 2 minutes from being dispatched.

The someone sitting up front who exited thru the emergency exit was the gunman... who went out retrieved weapons and propped the door open so he could return and commit his crime.

In the chaos conflicting witness accounts is typical.

Everything about this points to a single jackass who acted alone...

hambon4lif
07-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Alex jones

classic bullshit at its best..I agree. When it comes to shameless, tasteless attention-whoring, no one can hold a candle to that fucking moron....

ELVIS
07-24-2012, 11:38 AM
There was a video early on with the Aurora PD spokesperson stating officers were on-site for crowd control due to the premiere. I believe they were outside the theater not positioned inside. First response to 911 calls was less than 2 minutes from being dispatched.

The someone sitting up front who exited thru the emergency exit was the gunman... who went out retrieved weapons and propped the door open so he could return and commit his crime.

In the chaos conflicting witness accounts is typical.

Everything about this points to a single jackass who acted alone...

LMFAO!!!

So the shooter was inside, got a phone call from himself, went outside and got fully dressed in SWAT tactical gear AND NO ONE saw anything including the crowd control police you say were there ??

And how long does it take for an Amature to get dressed in riot gear ??

I'm betting quite awhile, and BTW, he had on all red under the gear and has red hair. The guy who opened the door was probably dressed in dark colors because the witness I saw said he couldn't make it out...

I'm sure I could describe red clothing and hair...

Debunked...

DLR Bridge
07-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm sure I could describe red clothing and hair...

In the dark after your eyes just adjusted to the bright screen through the previews? I dunno.

DLR Bridge
07-24-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree that riot gear probably can't be thrown on like a jumpsuit though.

hambon4lif
07-24-2012, 11:54 AM
And how long does it take for an Amature to get dressed in riot gear ??No one can really say for sure, and the main reason for that is no one's quite sure what the fuck an "Amature" even is....:thumb: