PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with people??

envy_me
07-28-2012, 07:55 AM
Just watching some program on tv, and this woman comes out "Hi, I am Jazz, I am 48 years old, I live in Atlanta and I haven't cut my nails for 22 years". I almost threw up when I saw her hands.

And then this man comes on: "I am ..... and Jazz is my wife, and sometimes I think she cares more about her nails then me." This freak has a husband?????

There is also one woman who eats dryer sheets, 8 per day.

And this one grossed me out the most, an adult woman who built her own nursery room, sleeps in a baby-bed, wears DIAPERS under her clothes :scared14: and uses a baby-bottle...

Where is the world going?? Some people have it too good. You never see hungry people in Africa doing this shit. You don't think about if you'd be happier in diapers when you need to walk 10 kilometers for water. Some people just don't have any struggles and feel the need to create some.

Sorry, I just needed to get it out, still freaked out.

EDIT: Here is Jazz from Atlanta with her nails

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVRH8HZH8Hl8xUSFUIQEWVwv8kSyaTc uvPzCCnNhjVAf4mT_LYtwyt8R4P

ELVIS
07-28-2012, 10:47 AM
You should be more tolerant...

Adult babies have rights...

There's a bunch of them in the white house...

clarathecarrot
07-28-2012, 11:18 AM
It's all a lie, envy they break all the time if you look close they support the broken areas with fake fingernail pieces and super glue on the underside of the nail.

It is ok, I make the bad lady, go away..lol

At least that is what I saw on a woman that had those kind of nails, as she was checking me out at the local quickie stop. I don't know how she worked the regster but she looked like she was suffering at doing it.

envy_me
07-28-2012, 12:15 PM
It's all a lie, envy they break all the time if you look close they support the broken areas with fake fingernail pieces and super glue on the underside of the nail.

It is ok, I make the bad lady, go away..lol

At least that is what I saw on a woman that had those kind of nails, as she was checking me out at the local quickie stop. I don't know how she worked the regster but she looked like she was suffering at doing it.

Lol, thanks :D

But she said that sometimes the nail gets a crack and it is repaired, but those are her nails and she hasn't cut them for 22 years. Even if she had done them yesterday ata parlor it would still be really gross.

You actually saw somebody with these kind of nails irl? Wow, I don't envy you. I think it's gross to see a woman with really, really long hair that hasn't been cut for years. So unfresh.

ELVIS
07-28-2012, 12:52 PM
No he didn't, he's talking about Yolonda at the register...

envy_me
07-28-2012, 01:07 PM
No he didn't, he's talking about Yolonda at the register...

Yolanda?

ELVIS
07-28-2012, 01:12 PM
She works at Quickie Stop...

Nitro Express
07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Television ratings aren't driven by showing normal people living boring lives. It's driven by showing a freak show. Simple as that. It's no
different than showing the bearded lady or the siamese twins or the elephant man. This is nothing new.

envy_me
07-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Television ratings aren't driven by showing normal people living boring lives. It's driven by showing a freak show. Simple as that. It's no
different than showing the bearded lady or the siamese twins or the elephant man. This is nothing new.

Yeah, but how out of touch with reality do you have to be to think those nails are improving your looks. How did she find somebody willing to marry her.

The one eating detergent shetts or what it was, says she never thought of the dangerous chemicals. How can you NOT think about that.

I guess I am just fascinated with human stupidity and abnormalities.

Unchainme
07-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I have very little interest in watching freaks live their lives. Zero, none. You want to be weird? Go right ahead. but I don't want to watch it.

I have very little interest in watching bizarre ethnic family, or white trash towing companies get airtime.

I have ZERO interest in watching rich spoiled jerk ass chicks spend thousands of dollars on gawdy awful bullshit while I struggle to wonder how I'm going to get a job out of college, whether I'm going to be able to make it on my own, or pay off my college loans.

I watch television to watch comedies, movies, listen to music, sports and to occasionally be enligtened by the history channel.

Yet, those things are all being pushed to wayside to make way for more shitty reality shows.

Stupidity and acting like an asshole, has pushed away, wit, intelligence and talent.

Patton Oswalt nailed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVoHs0orSY

clarathecarrot
07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Lol, thanks :D

But she said that sometimes the nail gets a crack and it is repaired, but those are her nails and she hasn't cut them for 22 years. Even if she had done them yesterday ata parlor it would still be really gross.

You actually saw somebody with these kind of nails irl? Wow, I don't envy you. I think it's gross to see a woman with really, really long hair that hasn't been cut for years. So unfresh.

I know these people must break those nails on occasion they are the real nails just they couldn't be all in one piece.

This dude at a bar was telling me about this woman who ate dirt constantly with a spoon all methodic like and that the reason she did was some need for some nutrient in the dirt she wasn't getting in her diet.

I hated to break his bubble, but they don't, they are just psychotic and that is all..this woman has ground her teeth down to the gums eating this dirt...creepy.

Dirt lady had a real issue, most of these freek show clowns out in the world are just attention whores without any real talent.

motherchicken
07-28-2012, 04:44 PM
There are people out there that think it's good to drink your own urine daily. Hopefully no producer will see this and think that's a good idea for a new reality show.

clarathecarrot
07-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Everybody used to do it the amonia whitens your teeth. I mean everybody that wanted reeally white teeth and were willing to drink thier own urine.

envy_me
07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Everybody used to do it the amonia whitens your teeth. I mean everybody that wanted reeally white teeth and were willing to drink thier own urine.

I went to the dentist and whitened my teeth. It was done and over in 2 hours. No urine was used (hopefully) :D

envy_me
07-28-2012, 05:00 PM
I know these people must break those nails on occasion they are the real nails just they couldn't be all in one piece.

This dude at a bar was telling me about this woman who ate dirt constantly with a spoon all methodic like and that the reason she did was some need for some nutrient in the dirt she wasn't getting in her diet.

I hated to break his bubble, but they don't, they are just psychotic and that is all..this woman has ground her teeth down to the gums eating this dirt...creepy.

Dirt lady had a real issue, most of these freek show clowns out in the world are just attention whores without any real talent.

But what happend to human race. When did we become so degenerate? Are our lives too easy? Do we in the western world have too much time on our hands?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-28-2012, 05:14 PM
But what happend to human race. When did we become so degenerate? Are our lives too easy? Do we in the western world have too much time on our hands?

some have too much nails on their hands...

motherchicken
07-28-2012, 05:17 PM
some have too much nails on their hands...
You're not getting a thank you but that does deserve a rimshot.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-28-2012, 05:17 PM

hello siggy :hee:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-28-2012, 05:18 PM

que dr. love's last avatar

SparkieD
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
What about that nutbag who eats sofa cushions? Did you see her? How 'bout that freakazoid who scarfs down her dead husband's ashes? They seriously need to lock that nitwit away. There's weirdos everywhere. Hell, there's even a dude among us who is afraid he's a homo if he touches his own junk.

Sorry, just had to say it, Muthaclucka. Besides, you like the attention :)

clarathecarrot
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM

I could answer that question with.... as you age and progess thru this life and see...( that is the big brother helps his little sister.. start of some movie of the week, starring some smpathetic type guy with no visible character at all)...lol.

I am not one to give advice, but all I can say is it has always been like this, this way, there are just more people doing the same things, on all ends of the spectrum.

Don't let it get you down, keep your chin up, you can do it champ, we believe in you, your the best, the future looks great, keep sunshine in your heart......(hmm can't seem to think of anymore cliche's that make me seem like a smert guy...uhhh uhhh hmm..youre the best..... did I already say tha....)

Little Texan
07-28-2012, 05:41 PM
EDIT: Here is Jazz from Atlanta with her nails

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVRH8HZH8Hl8xUSFUIQEWVwv8kSyaTc uvPzCCnNhjVAf4mT_LYtwyt8R4P

How does she wipe her ass? How does she bathe? How does she eat? How does she do any everyday activities that involve the free use of hands? Somebody just needs to sneak into her bedroom one night and clip those fuckers off while she's asleep.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-28-2012, 05:43 PM
How does she wipe her ass? How does she bathe? How does she eat? How does she do any everyday activities that involve the free use of hands?

an edward scissorshands hand job :bolt:

envy_me
07-28-2012, 05:44 PM
I could answer that question with.... as you age and progess thru this life and see...( that is the big brother helps his little sister.. start of some movie of the week, starring some smpathetic type guy with no visible character at all)...lol.

I am not one to give advice, but all I can say is it has always been like this, this way, there are just more people doing the same things, on all ends of the spectrum.

Don't let it get you down, keep your chin up, you can do it champ, we believe in you, your the best, the future looks great, keep sunshine in your heart......(hmm can't seem to think of anymore cliche's that make me seem like a smert guy...uhhh uhhh hmm..youre the best..... did I already say tha....)

Carpe diem?

envy_me
07-28-2012, 05:45 PM
How does she wipe her ass? How does she bathe? How does she eat? How does she do any everyday activities that involve the free use of hands? Somebody just needs to sneak into her bedroom one night and clip those fuckers off while she's asleep.

She showed how she holds the toilet paper, I didn't get it. How does she have sex with her husband?

SparkieD
07-28-2012, 05:47 PM
She showed how she holds the toilet paper, I didn't get it. How does she have sex with her husband?

How does she have sex with herself?

envy_me
07-28-2012, 05:47 PM
How does she have sex with herself?

OUCH!! That has got to be painful...

clarathecarrot
07-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Carpe diem?

I preffer the, Flounder with the White Wine Sauce San Giovanni ,..please ..

I guess the Carp would be ok,...... but if your asking...?

Rock On..lol

Nitro Express
07-28-2012, 06:12 PM
There are people out there that think it's good to drink your own urine daily. Hopefully no producer will see this and think that's a good idea for a new reality show.

I learned in a first aid class you can clean your own wounds with your own piss but not someone else's piss.

Nitro Express
07-28-2012, 06:13 PM
When I was a scoutmaster there was always some jerk kid who would piss into the fire. Burning piss has to be the worst smell on the planet next to a skunk or a dead body.

motherchicken
07-29-2012, 12:11 AM
I learned in a first aid class you can clean your own wounds with your own piss but not someone else's piss.
I heard it was good to piss on your self in case of exposure to poison ivy or poison oak. Releaves a little of the itching I guess. I heard somewhere in a survival situation you could drink your own urine one time if you had too. I wonder if these health nut piss drinkers know that.

Nitro Express
07-29-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't know about drinking piss. Your kidneys flushed that junk out of your body for a reason and the high salt content could be like drinking sea water. Not good. Your own piss is sterol to only you and can be used to clean wounds with. I've heard the same for poison ivy. I guess piss can keep a wound from getting infected if it's your own piss.

envy_me
07-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah, but how often are you in a situation of such acute crisis that you have to cure yourself with urine. Once in a lifetime? Or even less.

Blaze
07-29-2012, 05:14 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/603528_10151119948296900_38413846_n.jpg

motherchicken
07-29-2012, 06:47 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/603528_10151119948296900_38413846_n.jpg
The guy in the upper right corner looks like Richard Dawson.
I can dig what your saying but wouldn't life be boring if all there was was history and no mindless entertainment? All seriousness with no distraction? A few years ago your parents might have been thinking the same thing with Diamond Daves picture there. Not that any or all of the Kardashians combined bring anything of value to the table but I'm fairly sure pops thought the same about someone like Dave.

Nitro Express
07-29-2012, 06:49 PM
I would rather see Kim's bare ass than Einstein's or Stephen Hawking's.

Nitro Express
07-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah, but how often are you in a situation of such acute crisis that you have to cure yourself with urine. Once in a lifetime? Or even less.
Hopefully none. But now you know.

motherchicken
07-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I've hiked into the poison oak many times. And touched this shit that grew by the railroad tracks called stingy nettles. Not exactly life threatening but fucking annoying none the less. This urine knowledge would have come in handy then.

Nitro Express
07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I lived in upstate New York for awhile. We had poison ivy all over the place. I was hiking through the woods with some other people and one of them just broke out from it. It did nothing to me. I must be immune from it. All we have around here is stinging nettle.

motherchicken
07-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I lived in upstate New York for awhile. We had poison ivy all over the place. I was hiking through the woods with some other people and one of them just broke out from it. It did nothing to me. I must be immune from it. All we have around here is stinging nettle.
With the oak or ivy I think it's more luck. Sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it don't. I've known others that it affected the same. One person in your group gets it one time. Next time they don't but somebody else does.

Nitro Express
07-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Back east poison ivy is everywhere. I'm used to being in the rockies where you can just go through the woods no problemo. The only concerne is running into bears and wood ticks so you make a lot of noise. Back east the woods are like a toxic jungle. Very pretty but man is the poison ivy all over.

Blaze
07-29-2012, 07:15 PM
I would rather see Kim's bare ass than Einstein's or Stephen Hawking's. :drum:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/251947_408104165922328_1213164713_n.jpg:yo:
:biggrin:

ZahZoo
07-30-2012, 03:11 PM

There's some strange people out there... you think those folks were off the charts... dare I even mention Spammy Hagar fans... now that's some sick shit!!

Cherrios..?

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/a-these-people-exist-13.jpg?w=500&h=312

envy_me
08-18-2012, 07:48 AM
So today they showed a girl who is bathing in bleach. Every day. For seven years. And she was to the doctor, nothing wrong. Just some dry skin. And I take care of myself, and yesterday I got diagnosed with floaters. Wich I am probably gonna have forever. A big, fat stain in the middle of my veiw. And I never got bleach in my eyes, or anything else dangerous. It's so bitter.

And a woman who is eating her dead husbands ashes... She already ate over a pound when the show was taped, and is afraid that she's gonna run out, cause how is she gonna carry him around with her everywhere when she runs out of him.

envy_me
08-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Back east poison ivy is everywhere. I'm used to being in the rockies where you can just go through the woods no problemo. The only concerne is running into bears and wood ticks so you make a lot of noise. Back east the woods are like a toxic jungle. Very pretty but man is the poison ivy all over.

I don't think we have poison ivy in Europe. I've never come across it.

Dan
08-18-2012, 07:55 AM
So today they showed a girl who is bathing in bleach. Every day. For seven years. And she was to the doctor, nothing wrong. Just some dry skin. And I take care of myself, and yesterday I got diagnosed with floaters. Wich I am probably gonna have forever. A big, fat stain in the middle of my veiw. And I never got bleach in my eyes, or anything else dangerous. It's so bitter.

And a woman who is eating her dead husbands ashes... She already ate over a pound when the show was taped, and is afraid that she's gonna run out, cause how is she gonna carry him around with her everywhere when she runs out of him.

Floaters Are Just The Gel Coming Off Your Eyes.I Have Had Them For Years.They Come And Go.You Have Your Own 3D Games In Your Eyes.:D

envy_me
08-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Floaters Are Just The Gel Coming Off Your Eyes.I Have Had Them For Years.They Come And Go.You Have Your Own 3D Games In Your Eyes.:D

Coming OFF my eyes?? God I hope not. I don't want that...
I was at the eye-emergency yesterday. Well, I might as well start from the beginning. Ca 2 weeks ago I noticed this big dot in my sight, just right eye. I was afraid it was beginning of a migrene attack cause sometimes I get these terrible migrene attacks, with vision abnormalities, vomiting, can't stand up, etc.. But didn't get headache and the stain stayed there. Then I got scared it might me some changes in the brain, tumor or other. And called the medical information, and they told me it could be retinal detachment, and that I should go to the eye-emergency the same day (didn't even know eye-emergency existed), I was at work at the time (this was thursday) and said that I could go in on monday, but she nagged that I went in directly on friday.

So I went up waaaay too early, at 6 o'clock, snoozed until 6.15, waited there for an hour, payed way too much, lost my time, and it was nothing. Just floater. I knew it was nothing. I thought they were just gonna tell me I had some mascara-lump that got stuck to the eye and laugh at me.

Anyway, the doctor said that floaters are particles in the eyeball that lump together and just are there. He also had one, but it wasn't in the middle of vision like mine is. My dad has them but they are like transparent strings. Mine is just a big stain in the fucking middle. Life sucks.

But I have to tell you, I've never seen funnier looking people then at the waiting room at eye-emergency :D

Nickdfresh
08-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Shit. That's what I have...

vandeleur
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Doesn't everybody have them

Nickdfresh
08-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Some have it worse and the floaters are very persistent. There are times I see weird images at night as well...

vandeleur
08-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Mine arnt that bad but I do get them , as for weird things at night ... Is that not the drink :D

envy_me
08-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Doesn't everybody have them

I never had them until 2 weeks ago :-/

fourthcoming
08-18-2012, 11:27 AM
I had floaters once. A few summers back my buds and I went out to Montauk on the Eastern tip of Long Island and stayed a few days to do some surfing. We walked down the beach to a bar where this Australian dude was tending bar. We had some frozen Margaritas cuz it was so damn hot and he asks us...."you want a floater mate" I said....what's a floater? He proceeds to pour out 2 shots of tequila and pours it on top of the frozen margarita and the shots just kind of floated on top. He says to me...."That's a floater mate". I said.....hell yes I want a floater!

envy_me
08-18-2012, 12:00 PM
I had floaters once. A few summers back my buds and I went out to Montauk on the Eastern tip of Long Island and stayed a few days to do some surfing. We walked down the beach to a bar where this Australian dude was tending bar. We had some frozen Margaritas cuz it was so damn hot and he asks us...."you want a floater mate" I said....what's a floater? He proceeds to pour out 2 shots of tequila and pours it on top of the frozen margarita and the shots just kind of floated on top. He says to me...."That's a floater mate". I said.....hell yes I want a floater!

My floater is nothing like that :-(

fourthcoming
08-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Sorry...

vandeleur
08-18-2012, 12:14 PM
My floater is nothing like that :-(

fingers xd things get better

DONNIEP
08-18-2012, 12:46 PM
as for weird things at night ... Is that not the drink :D

Definitely the drink!! Especially when you've been up drinkin' and burning DVDs half the nite! :)

envy_me
08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
fingers xd things get better

Thanks.

ThrillsNSpills
08-18-2012, 01:17 PM
We have to tell people not to text while driving.

Apparently they couldn't figure that one out.

Nickdfresh
08-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Mine arnt that bad but I do get them , as for weird things at night ... Is that not the drink :D

vandeleur
08-18-2012, 01:34 PM
:biggrin:

DONNIEP
08-18-2012, 01:39 PM
We have to tell people not to text while driving.

Apparently they couldn't figure that one out.

Yeah, texting while driving is only a good idea if your kid is with you - that way the kid can work the wheel :)

envy_me
08-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Here's the one eating her husband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2QFzByTv4M

envy_me
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Here is the show that I mentioned in the first thread. With the girl who wears diapers and dresses as a baby. And look at her male friend in the store, shopping for clothes. SO GROSS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkEGSmOecVg&feature=related

ThrillsNSpills
08-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Yeah, texting while driving is only a good idea if your kid is with you - that way the kid can work the wheel :)

at least they can wait until the flashing yellow light to text back.

The good news is drinking and driving went up a couple notches.

FORD
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Tequila on top of a drink that already has tequila in it? Isn't that a little redundant?

envy_me
08-18-2012, 02:45 PM
"Give me the nailpolish, Bertha" :D LMAO.
But seriously, this girl is drinking 5 bottles of nailpolish per day. I am painting my nails outdoors cause my mom always told me that breathing in the fume is bad for you, And I get a floater, while she is okey. Not fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Ay9O9Akbg&feature=related

Sensible Shoes
08-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Think woman - do you really want her to reproduce?

envy_me
08-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Think woman - do you really want her to reproduce?

That's true. Sorry, didn't think about that...

Angel
08-19-2012, 08:07 AM
"Give me the nailpolish, Bertha" :D LMAO.
But seriously, this girl is drinking 5 bottles of nailpolish per day. I am painting my nails outdoors cause my mom always told me that breathing in the fume is bad for you, And I get a floater, while she is okey. Not fair.

How can you say she's okay? Obviously, that isn't the case. She suffers from pica, a mental disorder which may possibly be linked to OCD. She may have low levels of zinc or iron which may be what causes her to crave nail polish. She's also at great risk for gastro-intestinal issues, including blockage, which requires surgery and can be deadly. In other words, she suffers from a life-threatening condition.

You have a floater, something that 98% of people experience with aging. It's not going to kill you...

Do you ever empathize with anyone, or is it always about you?

clarathecarrot
08-19-2012, 08:34 AM
How can you say she's okay? Obviously, that isn't the case. She suffers from pica, a mental disorder which may possibly be linked to OCD. She may have low levels of zinc or iron which may be what causes her to crave nail polish. She's also at great risk for gastro-intestinal issues, including blockage, which requires surgery and can be deadly. In other words, she suffers from a life-threatening condition.

You have a floater, something that 98% of people experience with aging. It's not going to kill you...

Do you ever empathize with anyone, or is it always about you?

Yes IT IS!!! all about her, cause as far as I can tell by my complete lack of sammiches, it sure isn't about the SAMMICHES!!!

envy_me
08-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Yes IT IS!!! all about her, cause as far as I can tell by my complete lack of sammiches, it sure isn't about the SAMMICHES!!!

I apologize, I have totally neglected the sammiches. I'm on it! :D

clarathecarrot
08-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I apologize, I have totally neglected the sammiches. I'm on it! :D

...and I'll be smile'n again...alllllreet!

motherchicken
08-20-2012, 02:36 AM
I saw some peeps talkin' bout floaters. I've had cataract surgery on my left eye and not only did it ruin my eyesight I see floaters all the time. One of them looks like a sea horse. Thank God my insurance only authorized one procedure per year and ran out before they did the other eye.

BITEYOASS
08-20-2012, 03:56 AM
Here's a tip envy_me: STOP WATCHING TLC!

There, now you can enjoy your life. Dropping the cable/satellite TV would help as well. And don't give me that excuse of: But I've got to watch (insert soccer team here).

I've dropped cable TV and I feel better knowing that cunt Rupert Murdoch is gonna be a little less rich this year.

envy_me
08-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Here's a tip envy_me: STOP WATCHING TLC!

There, now you can enjoy your life. Dropping the cable/satellite TV would help as well. And don't give me that excuse of: But I've got to watch (insert soccer team here).

I've dropped cable TV and I feel better knowing that cunt Rupert Murdoch is gonna be a little less rich this year.

We don't have TLC, this was shown on one of the three basic channels.

envy_me
08-20-2012, 04:05 AM
I saw some peeps talkin' bout floaters. I've had cataract surgery on my left eye and not only did it ruin my eyesight I see floaters all the time. One of them looks like a sea horse. Thank God my insurance only authorized one procedure per year and ran out before they did the other eye.

But you still have cataract on your right eye? Which is worse, the floaters or cataract?
There is also surgery for floaters but they have to empty your eyeball, I ain't doing that.

Sensible Shoes
08-20-2012, 09:01 AM
I had cataract surgery and, same thing, I have huge floaters, one that will obscure my vision if it floats far enough to the left. Funny how it got there, I had a capillary burst inside my eye. It looked like somebody squirted ink into my eye, all black and liquidy. Then it broke down into thousands of tiny black dots which got lighter over two weeks or so. Finally, that blood clumped together into this huge floater. Whenever I have my eyes checked, the optomitrist says "WHOA that's huge!" But they won't do surgery to get it out due to dire complications.

Seshmeister
08-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Baby Jesus seems to have done a shitty job when designing eyes and teeth.

ZahZoo
08-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Why is it all this talk of floaters... reminds me of the 70's and LSD?

envy_me
08-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I had cataract surgery and, same thing, I have huge floaters, one that will obscure my vision if it floats far enough to the left. Funny how it got there, I had a capillary burst inside my eye. It looked like somebody squirted ink into my eye, all black and liquidy. Then it broke down into thousands of tiny black dots which got lighter over two weeks or so. Finally, that blood clumped together into this huge floater. Whenever I have my eyes checked, the optomitrist says "WHOA that's huge!" But they won't do surgery to get it out due to dire complications.

Omg!! That is terrible! I feel for you sister, I really do. Mine got smaller after the doctor pointed that strong light in my eye.
I guess we're all dameged goods here :D

motherchicken
08-20-2012, 07:00 PM
But you still have cataract on your right eye? Which is worse, the floaters or cataract?
There is also surgery for floaters but they have to empty your eyeball, I ain't doing that.
It's not only the floaters it's the fact that sometimes I see fine out of my left eye sometimes I only see blurr. The cataract on my right eye doesn't seem to affect my vision much. They only found out about it when I started complaining that after the surgery I had better than 20/20 then it went to shit. They tried to get the insurance to OK the procedure for the right eye sooner but they wouldn't budge. Then I got laid off and lost my insurance. Then my eyesight got worse. I went back to where I had the surgery and without insurance they wouldn't even give me an appointment. I'll probably lawyer up and see if that will change their minds.

Nickdfresh
08-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I see floaters in my toilet!!

motherchicken
08-21-2012, 01:31 AM
I see floaters in my toilet!!
Try flushing.

envy_me
08-21-2012, 05:00 AM
It's not only the floaters it's the fact that sometimes I see fine out of my left eye sometimes I only see blurr. The cataract on my right eye doesn't seem to affect my vision much. They only found out about it when I started complaining that after the surgery I had better than 20/20 then it went to shit. They tried to get the insurance to OK the procedure for the right eye sooner but they wouldn't budge. Then I got laid off and lost my insurance. Then my eyesight got worse. I went back to where I had the surgery and without insurance they wouldn't even give me an appointment. I'll probably lawyer up and see if that will change their minds.

If they screwed up your eye it should be their obligation to fix it for no cost.
I am lucky I don't have to think about insurance. I am not sure exactly how it works, but if you would to insure yourself would that work? Or do you have to have your place of work do it? How does it work?
I have my cats insured, I just pay to the insurance company about 1000 crowns per year, per cat. Thats about 140 dollars per cat. And after a certain amount they pay for their vet costs.

ZahZoo
08-21-2012, 10:15 AM
I have my cats insured, I just pay to the insurance company about 1000 crowns per year, per cat. Thats about 140 dollars per cat. And after a certain amount they pay for their vet costs.

I find that practice just crazy... I enjoy our pets, but outside of a minor injury or simple issue like a minor infection that easily treatable... I can't see spending that kind of money or more to keep the animal alive. If there's something more serious wrong with an animal... odds are it can't be cured and the poor thing just lives in misery so you don't lose your emotional attachment... I'd rather they don't suffer due to human psychosis.

Definitely not paying insurance for something that can be put down for $30 and replaced for about the same or nothing.

motherchicken
08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I find that practice just crazy... I enjoy our pets, but outside of a minor injury or simple issue like a minor infection that easily treatable... I can't see spending that kind of money or more to keep the animal alive. If there's something more serious wrong with an animal... odds are it can't be cured and the poor thing just lives in misery so you don't lose your emotional attachment... I'd rather they don't suffer due to human psychosis.

Definitely not paying insurance for something that can be put down for $30 and replaced for about the same or nothing.
You'd be suprised by the cost of treating even a minor pet illness or injury. To some people including me my pet is much more than a pet. My little dog is one of the family. She can't be replaced period. She gives me unconditional love. Of course I'd have her put down if I knew she would better off. But I hope I never have to make that choice.

motherchicken
08-21-2012, 11:18 PM
If they screwed up your eye it should be their obligation to fix it for no cost.
I am lucky I don't have to think about insurance. I am not sure exactly how it works, but if you would to insure yourself would that work? Or do you have to have your place of work do it? How does it work?
You can insure yourself but it's expensive. Not too many companies provide insurance any more either. At least not for blue collar workers. More companies are offering you plans that you pay for through payroll deduction that are a little cheaper because you're getting group rates because they're preparing for the implementation of Obamacare or some simular regulations.

Sensible Shoes
08-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.

katina
08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Well I'm sure nobody's surprised to hear that I've spent thousands on various illnesses and accidents. I guess it's different when you have no kids and the dogs fill up that space.

The hardest decision I've had to make was when my Big guy was incontinent and failing in his rear end, but he was all there upstairs. I decided it was time for him to go when one day he was drinking out of his bucket and peeing out the other end at the same time. No dignity left for him, so I said goodbye. If it was fixable, I would have fixed it. But it still hurts.

Thatīs was very painful, it hurts and it will hurt forever.... :( I know, I had to make it many times, I have lot of Pet friends, I donīt care how much money I spend on them, even if some of them donīt live with me, ....if they need help, I will do my best.

motherchicken
08-21-2012, 11:54 PM

I've seen people spend thousands on animals that should have died of old age years before. I thought they were idiots. Until I got my little girl.

motherchicken
08-21-2012, 11:56 PM
I hate those humane society commercials where they show all those sad animals. Makes me sad.

envy_me
08-22-2012, 02:31 AM

I don't have kids either. I don't want kids. Never have, never will. Kids are not for me. But I absolutelly adore my pets :-)
Everybody's different. I know a girl who can't wait to have a baby, she says her uterus is crying for a child. I don't think my uterus has even looked at a kid. I just don't want them.

Angel
08-22-2012, 08:41 AM
My pets come first, they are my babies. I can go hungry, but not them...

ZahZoo
08-22-2012, 02:28 PM
I guess it's perspective... I get the connection people have with pets and I've enjoyed all the varmits I've owned and felt the loss when they pass.

I grew up in a farm environment in the 60's where we raised our own livestock... you care for them properly but there's a certain amount of detachment you have to have when Ole Shorty becomes a ribeye on the plate.

Add to that I'm a parent to 5 kids... so the 4 legged variety fall pretty low on the priority and budget allocations. Sorry if my previous comments were a bit insensitive to pet lovers.

Sensible Shoes
08-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Not insensitive - it's just another perspective. I know people think I'm crazy.

DONNIEP
08-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I know a girl who can't wait to have a baby, she says her uterus is crying for a child.

And unless she's married she's gonna be crying for some damn child support...

We have two cats. One is 11 and that's been my daughter's constant companion since she was 1. The other we just got last year because she just had to have another and this one was a kitten. We bring it home and the damn thing turned out to be so sick that it was dying. I had to syringe feed this animal every 4 hours - including in the middle of the night. That damn cat was at the vet twice a week for weeks and I spent a fortune on medicine. The vet actually suggested we put it down but I just couldn't do that to my daughter. Fucking cat chewed up two ethernet cables last week...

envy_me
08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Not insensitive - it's just another perspective. I know people think I'm crazy.

I don't think you're crazy, I am just like you.

envy_me
08-22-2012, 02:48 PM
And unless she's married she's gonna be crying for some damn child support...

We have two cats. One is 11 and that's been my daughter's constant companion since she was 1. The other we just got last year because she just had to have another and this one was a kitten. We bring it home and the damn thing turned out to be so sick that it was dying. I had to syringe feed this animal every 4 hours - including in the middle of the night. That damn cat was at the vet twice a week for weeks and I spent a fortune on medicine. The vet actually suggested we put it down but I just couldn't do that to my daughter. Fucking cat chewed up two ethernet cables last week...

She's single. But I just can't understand that urge for children.

DONNIEP
08-22-2012, 02:50 PM

There's nothing wrong with a single chick having a baby. But she better be loaded 'cause kids are expensive as hell.

DLR Bridge
08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I've got two daughters and a pit bull. Even my oldest girl calls the dog my first born. Pets, kids, it's all the same.

Dave's Bitch
08-22-2012, 03:27 PM

I was never a kid person until I had one.Perhaps if the time is right for you some time you will change your opinion:)

katina
08-22-2012, 11:44 PM
My pets come first, they are my babies. I can go hungry, but not them...

I also had to skip some meals time ago :)

Four years ago I had to cancel an anniversary trip to Las Vegas :(....I rescued and helped a cat from the street, it was worthwhile. The cat survived and lives with me from then onwards. :)

Angel
08-23-2012, 12:51 AM
I also had to skip some meals time ago :)

Four years ago I had to cancel an anniversary trip to Las Vegas :(....I rescued and helped a cat from the street, it was worthwhile. The cat survived and lives with me from then onwards. :)

That's because you're an awesome person, one of the nicest I've met on these boards.