PDA

View Full Version : CIA “Manages” Drug Trade, Mexican Official Says

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
New American
July 29, 2012

The Central Intelligence Agency’s involvement in drug trafficking is back in the media spotlight after a spokesman for the violence-plagued Mexican state of Chihuahua became the latest high-profile individual to accuse the CIA, which has been linked to narcotics trafficking for decades, of ongoing efforts to “manage the drug trade.” The infamous American spy agency refused to comment.

In a recent interview, Chihuahua state spokesman Guillermo Terrazas Villanueva told Al Jazeera that the CIA and other international “security” outfits “don’t fight drug traffickers.” Instead, Villanueva argued, they try to control and manage the illegal drug market for their own benefit.

“It’s like pest control companies, they only control,” Villanueva told the Qatar-based media outlet last month at his office in Juarez. “If you finish off the pests, you are out of a job. If they finish the drug business, they finish their jobs.”

Another Mexican official, apparently a mid-level officer with Mexico’s equivalent of the U.S. Department of “Homeland Security,” echoed those remarks, saying he knew that the allegations against the CIA were correct based on talks with American agents in Mexico. “It’s true, they want to control it,” the official told Al Jazeera on condition of anonymity.

Credibility issues with employees of the notoriously corrupt Mexican government aside, the latest accusations were hardly earth shattering — the American espionage agency has been implicated in drug trafficking from Afghanistan to Vietnam to Latin America and everywhere in between.

Similar allegations of drug running have been made against the CIA for decades by former agents, American officials, lawmakers, investigators, and even drug traffickers themselves.

Some of the most prominent officials to level charges of CIA drug trafficking include the former head of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Robert Bonner.

During an interview with CBS, Bonner accused the American “intelligence” outfit of unlawfully importing a ton of cocaine into the U.S. in collaboration with the Venezuelan government.
Even the New York Times eventually covered part of the scandal in a piece entitled “Anti-Drug Unit of C.I.A. Sent Ton of Cocaine to U.S. in 1990.” And the agency’s Inspector General, Frederick Hitz, was eventually forced to concede to a congressional committee that the CIA has indeed worked with drug traffickers and obtained a waiver from the Department of Justice in the 1980s allowing it to conceal its contractors’ illicit dealings.

An explosive investigation by reporter Gary Webb dubbed the “Dark Alliance” also uncovered a vast CIA machine to ship illegal drugs into the U.S. to fund clandestine and unconstitutional activities abroad, including the financing of armed groups. Webb eventually died under highly suspicious circumstances — two gunshots to the head, officially ruled a “suicide.”

Responding to Webb’s discoveries, top officials and even lawmakers eventually acknowledged that the CIA almost certainly had a role in illegal drug trafficking. “There is no question in my mind that people affiliated with, or on the payroll of, the CIA were involved in drug trafficking,” explained U.S. Senator John Kerry (D-Mass.) after the Dark Alliance series.

Top-level Mexican officials have suggested complicity by U.S. officials in drug trafficking as well — even recently. “It is impossible to pass tons of drugs or cocaine to U.S. without some grade of complicity of some American authorities,” observed Mexican President Felipe Calderon in a 2009 interview with the BBC.

Last year, an explosive report in the Washington Times, citing a CIA source, speculated that the agency may be deliberately helping certain Mexican cartels to beat out others for geopolitical purposes. According to the sources, the intelligence outfit might have also played a key role in the now-infamous Fast and Furious scandal, which saw the federal government providing thousands of high-powered weapons to Mexican cartels.

Shortly before that, The New American reported on federal court filings by a top Sinaloa Cartel operative that shed even more insight on the U.S. government’s role in drug trafficking. The accused “logistical coordinator” for the cartel, Jesus Vicente “El Vicentillo” Zambada-Niebla, claimed that he had an agreement with top American officials: In exchange for information on rival cartels, the deal supposedly gave him and his associates immunity to import multi-ton quantities of drugs across the border.

“Indeed, United States government agents aided the leaders of the Sinaloa Cartel,” the court filing states. Zambada-Niebla is currently being held in federal prison, but he argues that he is innocent because he had approval from — and collaborated with — U.S. agencies in his illegal drug-trafficking operations.

Another expert who spoke with Al Jazeera, a university professor, also indicated that the American federal government was deeply involved in the drug trafficking business. He said the drug war was an “illusion” aimed at justifying control of populations and intervention in Latin America. As evidence, he pointed to the fact that one of the top drug kingpins in the world — billionaire “El Chapo” of the Sinaloa cartel — operates openly and with impunity.

Numerous drug bosses and American officials have made similar claims, alleging that the U.S. government in essence controls at least some of the cartels. According to former DEA operative and whistleblower Celerino Castillo, American federal authorities have even been training members of the brutal Los Zetas cartel in Texas.

CIA and DEA insider Phil Jordan, meanwhile, publicly claimed last year that the Obama administration was selling military-grade weaponry to the deadly organization through a front company in Mexico. And with the Fast and Furious scandal, it emerged that the Obama administration was using tax money to arm Mexican cartels, then exploiting the ensuing violence to attack the Second Amendment.

The President and his Department of Justice have been engaged in a cover-up since whistleblowers first exposed the scheme more than a year ago, leading Congress to hold disgraced Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt.

Another congressional investigation being obstructed by the Justice Department surrounds DEA drug-money laundering operations revealed in an explosive New York Times article late last year.

“While the quality of the involvement of the CIA and other security agencies may be debatable, it is impossible to excise the blame from America,” noted an analysis about the latest allegations published by Catholic Online. “If the CIA is part of the problem, then it will only be one more sign of the corruption and evil that pervades American and Mexican politics and holds hostage millions of innocents.”

Some 50,000 people have died just in recent years as part of Mexico’s U.S. government-backed “war on drugs,” and anger south of the border continues to build. But even as Latin American leaders openly debate legalization and threaten to defect from the controversial “war,” the Obama administration has promised to continue showering taxpayer money on regimes that expand the battle.

Meanwhile, as the bloodshed continues to spiral out of control, the U.S. border remains virtually wide open on purpose, according to experts. And despite tens of billions spent on the endless “war,” numerous analyses indicate that the flow of illegal drugs into America is actually growing — not to mention consumption.

By contrast, Portugal, which legalized all drugs about a decade ago, has seen declining rates of addiction, drug abuse, and crime.

In the United States, pressure is still growing on both sides of the aisle to reform or end the unconstitutional federal drug war once and for all, with polls showing rapidly declining support among voters. Over a dozen states have already nullified some unconstitutional federal statutes on marijuana as well. How long the “war” will go on, however, may depend on the federal government’s ability to continue borrowing funds to wage it.

:elvis:

Nitro Express
07-30-2012, 12:48 AM
I've been hearing about CIA drug running my whole life.

Blaze
07-30-2012, 02:24 AM
http://leap.cc/wp-content/uploads/2010/migration/leapbanner.gif (http://leap.cc/)

Blaze
07-30-2012, 02:45 AM
“It’s like pest control companies, they only control,” Villanueva told the Qatar-based media outlet last month at his office in Juarez. “If you finish off the pests, you are out of a job. If they finish the drug business, they finish their jobs.”

Another Mexican official, apparently a mid-level officer with Mexico’s equivalent of the U.S. Department of “Homeland Security,” echoed those remarks, saying he knew that the allegations against the CIA were correct based on talks with American agents in Mexico. “It’s true, they want to control it,” the official told Al Jazeera on condition of anonymity.
There will always be vice, the same ways as there will always be bugs. Some bugs are more helpful than others.
And "it" does have to be controlled. To go in and wipe clean an area leaves a vacuum that can be fill by an even worse, moreover unknown, vice tradespersons or executives. Such experiments were a sad lesson to zealous and federal fund hungry small towns LEOs across the world.

The key to management of vice is to focus on those that lie, cheat, and steal.
As the saying goes, "No one wants to be cheated on a bag or blowjob."

Focusing on vice operations that are disruptive to the enjoyment of vice, that do not manage their clientele for abuse, and/or that distribute contaminated product would be a significant undertaking unto itself in an billion dollar industry.

Blaze
07-30-2012, 02:48 AM
http://www.realmilk.com/images/RawMilkNationMapSmall2.jpg
http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Fresh%20Milk.jpg
^^ Vice example ^^

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 03:05 AM
ELVIS, Blaze, Nitro....

:gulp:

Yeah, this thread is going places......

Blaze
07-30-2012, 03:36 AM
ELVIS, Blaze, Nitro....

And now loungemachine.
:biggrin:
http://www.seriouslyfunnyshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/gibson-fender-ibanez.jpg

http://user-generated-content.java-gaming.org/img-vault/8d0912095ba5a39ba70e95c4b6f552d160581ea80efd21aef0 009bfa10ae094b.jpg

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 04:41 AM

I suppose you don't believe the government ships drugs into the US ??

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 05:53 AM
I suppose you don't believe the government ships drugs into the US ??

I didn't say that.....

I merely said this thread was really going places.....

Please learn to read.

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 05:54 AM
And now loungemachine.
:biggrin:
http://www.seriouslyfunnyshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/gibson-fender-ibanez.jpg

http://user-generated-content.java-gaming.org/img-vault/8d0912095ba5a39ba70e95c4b6f552d160581ea80efd21aef0 009bfa10ae094b.jpg

I understand the meme amuses you.....

However I highly doubt you'd know the difference among the 3 brands if they bit you on your tatted ass......

Blaze
07-30-2012, 06:51 AM
This is true to an extent. I have taken with the violin.
To shorten a long story:
When I lost my memory I lost my heart beat for the piano.
One day in the not so distant past, by happenstance I came upon 3 violins.
My heart raced and my fingers trembled with desire.
I picked him up and he gave word to my soul.
I had seen, held, and played other instruments,
but none indebted my soul like I recalled my piano had.
I pondered and I mulled and selected one of the 3.
His name is Knilling and is of Romania decent. :fiddle:

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Elvis only gives a shit when a b-rate Mexican politician blames the CIA for drug trafficking, something that is completely baseless and absurd. But he ignores the hundreds of Mexican political leaders indicting the US's weak gun laws which allow Mexican cartels to easily obtain assault weapons simply by paying US nationals to buy out gun stores along the border restriction free...

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 11:01 AM
You're a fool...

The CIA and the attorney general control the drug trade by supplying guns , grenades and other military style weapons to the cartels of their choice to beat out other cartels...

The military is in Afghanistan to regrow and protect the poppy fields that the Taliban destroyed...

If you don't think the government is responsible for flooding our streets with cocaine and other illicit drugs as well as prescription medications, you're foolish...

If they wanted to stop illegals and drugs from coming into the country, they would...

binnie
07-30-2012, 11:42 AM
OK, I'll bite. Why, pray tell, would the CIA want a significant proportion of the population to use mind altering drugs?

(This leaves aside the issues of government agents supporting cartels/despots in South America for political gains, or attempting to exert at least some influence on a drug trade which it stands almost no chance of stopping...........)

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
To control them. To destroy families. To undermine society. To creat a problem and offer the solution. To fill prisons. To keep the phoney war on drugs alive. To keep people distracted. To pit society against itself, etc etc etc...

binnie
07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
But to what end? What is the point of destroying society if you're the CIA?

And how do 'control' someone on heroin? 'Lie down, look pasty. Well done.'

If the CIA is as smart as you clearly credit with being - they do have a masterplan, after all - they would surely realise that happy people are easier to control/manipulate than unhappy ones, no? People who live happy, fulfilled and prosperous lives are more likely to toe the line that those who live in a society broken by drugs.

Or maybe that's just me.....

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 12:07 PM
There are forces and plans to destroy this country and it's happening...

binnie
07-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Again: why destroy it?

What is the motivation? This ain't the movies, Elvis, and supervillains - pure evil with no purpose or motivation but to be evil - do not exist.

Also, let's by logical. If I'm the head of the CIA's 'Masterplan for taking over the US' what would be my first move. Would it be:

a) shut down the internet and all other forms of mass communication.
b) close down power and prevent the transportation of basic supplies.
c) cease all money in bank accounts.
d) make sure that the poorest and most vulnerable in society had a healthy supply of crack and crystal meth?

If my answer is D) then you have nothing to worry about because I am clearly useless at coming up at plans for domination.

jhale667
07-30-2012, 12:13 PM

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 12:22 PM
You're a fool...

The CIA and the attorney general control the drug trade by supplying guns , grenades and other military style weapons to the cartels of their choice to beat out other cartels...

"I'm a fool?" You're a retard sap that believes NRA propaganda and one who has no understanding of the issue. Have you even read the thread that Long Beach posted?

The military is in Afghanistan to regrow and protect the poppy fields that the Taliban destroyed...

Despite the fact they're supporting eradication there and in South America?

If you don't think the government is responsible for flooding our streets with cocaine and other illicit drugs as well as prescription medications, you're foolish...

It's funny how this conspiracy shit only comes out of people like you when we're under a Democratic Admin. I believe similar charges surfaced when Dubya was prez, and you were pretty busy sucking his dick at the time. BTW, you believe the same shit as the "New" (fake) Black Panthers and other urban conspiracy crap...

If they wanted to stop illegals and drugs from coming into the country, they would...

Who's "they?" The gov't? Or the lobbies that want cheap labor available? Although, if you would take your head out of someone's conspiracy asshole of ignorance, you'd be aware that illegal immigration is down significantly to the point of a net loss of immigrants IIRC...

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 12:55 PM
That's because there are not even jobs for illegals so they go back to Mexico where the unemployment rate is less than here...

Blaze
07-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Again: why destroy it?

What is the motivation? This ain't the movies, Elvis, and supervillains - pure evil with no purpose or motivation but to be evil - do not exist.

Also, let's by logical. If I'm the head of the CIA's 'Masterplan for taking over the US' what would be my first move. Would it be:

a) shut down the internet and all other forms of mass communication.
b) close down power and prevent the transportation of basic supplies.
c) cease all money in bank accounts.
d) make sure that the poorest and most vulnerable in society had a healthy supply of crack and crystal meth?

If my answer is D) then you have nothing to worry about because I am clearly useless at coming up at plans for domination.
Even though I liked your post, I'll take a shot at what I think E is trying to point out.
There will be some points he will not agree with however.

A certain sort of the CIA that has partaken of the cultist mentality of unbridled consumerism would be the corrupt segment of the CIA exploiting loopholes in the CIA bylaws (regulations) that would have the motive.

The motive being to keep society destabilized (self-centric ) and to propagate unbridled consumerist culture. Thus allowing or nurturing a culture of corruption that would value criminal (corrupt) moguls simply for them being moguls.

Nitro Express
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
What really goes on at the CIA? Hell if I know. They don't exactly let you walk in to see what's going on there.

FORD
07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Water is wet. Hell is hot. Romney lies. BCE/CIA deals drugs.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 02:20 PM
What really goes on at the CIA? Hell if I know.

That's a first

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Well, Dickforbrains thinks its absurd and he's an expert on everything, so I think it's worth discussing...

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 02:28 PM

wow

You've gone full-tilt batshit crazy.

But hey, knock yourself out. I'm sure you and Blaze will get to the bottom of it all and expose the CIA and their plans to destroy the US any day now from your bunker.

FORD
07-30-2012, 02:34 PM
OK, I'll bite. Why, pray tell, would the CIA want a significant proportion of the population to use mind altering drugs?

Well.... let's take an example from the 1960s.....

LSD started out as a CIA mind control substance, and eventually became the hippie drug of choice right about the time the Vietnam war was escalating.

While the anti war movement was effective, to some degree, might it have been even more so if the participants hadn't been tripping balls most of the time?
I'm not saying that Ken Kesey or Timothy Leary were necessarily CIA plants, and obviously The Beatles, the Dead, and the Jefferson Airplane certainly were not. But the timing certainly worked out well for the CIA/BCE/military industrial complex, you have to admit.

(Of course there is also the fact that US involvement in Vietnam in and of itself was more about preserving the "Golden Triangle" opium trade than it was a stand against the Commies. And everybody knows what the #1 cash crop in Afghanistan is, so today's wars aren't any less suspsicious in that regard)

ZahZoo
07-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Who's "they?" The gov't? Or the lobbies that want cheap labor available? Although, if you would take your head out of someone's conspiracy asshole of ignorance, you'd be aware that illegal immigration is down significantly to the point of a net loss of immigrants IIRC...

The "they" is a complex web of business, government (all levels... city, county, state & federal) and organized criminal enterprises. I can't speak to any of this CIA angle in the global drug trade although it does seem plausible given the amount of instances the claim has come up.

But I can speak to the complexity and clear involvement at a local level from first hand exposure to it back in the late 70's in central California. I was a cook at a Sambo's restaurant in Gilroy, Ca doing breakfast Mon-Fri, 6-2. Every morning this was a primary business hub for local farmers and business people in the city. It's a small town surrounded by huge agricultural business which relied heavily on "migrant workers" and cheap labor to care and harvest tomatoes, lettuce, onions and garlic.

Even back then there was a direct link between both human and drug trafficking... Gilroy was a central distribution point for heroin, coke and weed flowing out of Mexico. It was also a major distribution point for human trafficking. Back then the Cartel was called the Mexican Mafia or La Familia... they operated openly. They provided the human work force and coordinated shipping workers to the huge farms. Farmers financed local and state politicians and law enforcement to keep the environment friendly to the businesses. Trucking firms hauled people and drugs where ever. The larger groups in the agricultural business funded federal candidates and programs aimed at keeping all this moving.

The amazing thing was most of this "business" was conducted openly over coffee, eggs and pancakes during the day right in the restaurant. Funny everyone around knew what was playing out in that town, but no one dared raising an eyebrow. Today I'm sure it's not as blatantly played out in public... but the same scenario from top to bottom continues... especially in California and the southwest US. To think our federal government isn't up to their elbows in this muck... would be naive to deny...

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the input, Zah...

Nice post...

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Well, Dickforbrains thinks its absurd and he's an expert on everything, so I think it's worth discussing...

No. It's just that they "CIA" has become some sort of bogyman for the ignorant, especially ones that sit up all night listening to cuntspiracy radio...

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
The "they" is a complex web of business, government (all levels... city, county, state & federal) and organized criminal enterprises.

I don't disagree, however there is no overriding organized conspiracy as much as it seems to be a point of mutually coalescing interests...

I can't speak to any of this CIA angle in the global drug trade although it does seem plausible given the amount of instances the claim has come up.

The CIA has little interest in getting involved with drug trafficking, that's just silly. They couldn't keep their "secret prisons" for al Qaida suspects secret, but they've kept their dirty-black hand in the drug trade a secret? Really?

But I can speak to the complexity and clear involvement at a local level from first hand exposure to it back in the late 70's in central California. I was a cook at a Sambo's restaurant in Gilroy, Ca doing breakfast Mon-Fri, 6-2. Every morning this was a primary business hub for local farmers and business people in the city. It's a small town surrounded by huge agricultural business which relied heavily on "migrant workers" and cheap labor to care and harvest tomatoes, lettuce, onions and garlic.

Even back then there was a direct link between both human and drug trafficking... Gilroy was a central distribution point for heroin, coke and weed flowing out of Mexico. It was also a major distribution point for human trafficking. Back then the Cartel was called the Mexican Mafia or La Familia... they operated openly. They provided the human work force and coordinated shipping workers to the huge farms. Farmers financed local and state politicians and law enforcement to keep the environment friendly to the businesses. Trucking firms hauled people and drugs where ever. The larger groups in the agricultural business funded federal candidates and programs aimed at keeping all this moving.

The amazing thing was most of this "business" was conducted openly over coffee, eggs and pancakes during the day right in the restaurant. Funny everyone around knew what was playing out in that town, but no one dared raising an eyebrow. Today I'm sure it's not as blatantly played out in public... but the same scenario from top to bottom continues... especially in California and the southwest US. To think our federal government isn't up to their elbows in this muck... would be naive to deny...

Sure there is a link between drug trafficking and human trafficking, as is the involvement of Mexican organized crime/cartels. But why would the feds have to be up to their elbows in much when often federal law enforcement is outgunned and out-budgeted by these criminal gangs that are now threatening the very stability of Mexico and the sovereignty of the Mexican gov't?

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 05:18 PM
It's not a secret...

binnie
07-30-2012, 05:55 PM

I've no doubt that that was - and still is - the case. The point is, however, that there is a world of difference between saying 'the police/feds know this is going on and aren't stopping it' (largely because they don't have the 'smoking gun' evidence or the manpower to stop organised crime on that level) and 'the CIA is directly organising the infiltration of drugs into the US - it is the hidden hand that aims to corrupt everything', which seems to be what Elvis is saying.

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Binnie, google 'CIA drug' and just look at the results...

Hardrock69
07-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't disagree, however there is no overriding organized conspiracy as much as it seems to be a point of mutually coalescing interests...

The CIA has little interest in getting involved with drug trafficking, that's just silly.

Well, you should just be aware the CIA admitted in sworn testimony before Congress back in the 90s that they were heavily involved in importing cocaine into the US. You can most likely find clips of it on youtube if you look for it. So it is not as silly as you might want to think.

Nitro Express
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Starts at 2:40. Stewart Copeland's father was a founding member of the CIA. I wonder if Miles Copeland was running drugs out of Lebanon?:biggrin: The Police were going around the world in 1980. I bet Stewart had drugs in his drums.

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Well, you should just be aware the CIA admitted in sworn testimony before Congress back in the 90s that they were heavily involved in importing cocaine into the US. You can most likely find clips of it on youtube if you look for it. So it is not as silly as you might want to think.

Source?

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 09:56 PM

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/103800469.png

That's the problem with the web, they let retards on it that believe everything, have no sense of scholarship nor ability to discern sources for research, seek out evidence to "find the truth" rather than finding the truth through evidence, and are often liars...

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 09:56 PM

Google "Elvis Crazy" and you'll get 55.3 million results.....

d'oh

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Google ELVIS and you will get the answer to the universe...

Blaze
07-31-2012, 12:44 AM
Source?

Hitz also testified that the CIA did not "expeditiously" cut off relations with alleged drug traffickers.[18]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contras_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US

FORD
07-31-2012, 01:00 AM

http://www.justinhuggler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/300px-The_Hitchhikers_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_english.svg_-217x300.png
42?

jhale667
07-31-2012, 02:11 AM

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Insult%20comic/static.gif

LoungeMachine
07-31-2012, 02:15 AM

That's funny....

I thought The Bible had all your answers....

jhale667
07-31-2012, 02:17 AM
That's funny....

I thought The Bible had all your answers....

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/523031_338939789512106_1117014204_n.jpg

LoungeMachine
07-31-2012, 02:22 AM
Google "Horus" for all the answers........

ZahZoo
07-31-2012, 10:50 AM

The CIA has little interest in getting involved with drug trafficking, that's just silly. They couldn't keep their "secret prisons" for al Qaida suspects secret, but they've kept their dirty-black hand in the drug trade a secret? Really?

Sure there is a link between drug trafficking and human trafficking, as is the involvement of Mexican organized crime/cartels. But why would the feds have to be up to their elbows in much when often federal law enforcement is outgunned and out-budgeted by these criminal gangs that are now threatening the very stability of Mexico and the sovereignty of the Mexican gov't?

You're right... logically it doesn't seem plausible the CIA would be much interested in the drug trade, specifically. But if you look at the largest criminal enterprises they are all tied into the huge cash flow of drugs and also combining that with weapons and human trafficking on a global scale. I don't believe this is limited to the Mafia, Hells Angels, Banditos, etc... I believe the central & south American cartels are in the same industry.

If I were to venture an educated guess... CIA interest would include how these cartels and criminal enterprises are making links into international weapons trade aligned with international terrorist outfits. Then tie in the established networks for human trafficking and the possibility of the al Qaida aligned outfits buying their way into those logistics could open up access for weapons and terrorists to flow across our southern borders with relative ease... If the drug trade were stand-alone then no I don't see CIA involvement much... but given the other direct ties... then there's a viable angle.

Funny thought though... this whole cuntspiracy theory here almost aligns perfectly with last season's Son's of Anarchy story line... hmmm art mirroring life or bullshit generated by art..?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-31-2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9440126/Australian-police-seize-500-million-in-drugs-ring-bust.html

Hardrock69
08-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Source?

Here, Nick. I am too tired to sort through all this stuff. Too much of it:

http://www.csun.edu/~hfspc002/news/cia.drug.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and...king_in_the_US

Not going to argue about all this rubbish. Just wanted to let you know that yes, for once Elvis is not just yammering away with a bunch of silliness (like he usually does) when he says the CIA is heavily involved in the drug trade.

They really are.

And here is probably one of the biggest reasons: They have to have funding for all of their clandestine activities. They cannot always get funding from Congress without Congressional oversight. The drug trade provides billions in limitless revenue with no oversight whatsoever so they can install or depose all the third-world dictators they want...and do all their other stuff that they do.......just saying.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. :hee:

Hardrock69
08-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Damn, PB...half a billion dollars?

If the gummint would get off their asses and start dealing drugs LEGALLY, then it would erase our deficit in no time! :hee:

Nickdfresh
08-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Here, Nick. I am too tired to sort through all this stuff. Too much of it:

http://www.csun.edu/~hfspc002/news/cia.drug.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and...king_in_the_US

Not going to argue about all this rubbish. Just wanted to let you know that yes, for once Elvis is not just yammering away with a bunch of silliness (like he usually does) when he says the CIA is heavily involved in the drug trade.

They really are.

And here is probably one of the biggest reasons: They have to have funding for all of their clandestine activities. They cannot always get funding from Congress without Congressional oversight. The drug trade provides billions in limitless revenue with no oversight whatsoever so they can install or depose all the third-world dictators they want...and do all their other stuff that they do.......just saying.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. :hee:

While I understand Wiki has its issues, here's probably a better link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_transnational_anti-crime_and_anti-drug_activities

The article goes through the list of typical allegations and I think there is little evidence of direct CIA involvement of drug trafficking, at least since the Vietnam War. Though, certainly they've looked the other way and facilitated guerrilla movements selling drugs to fund weapons. But most of the more compelling claims of direct CIA involvement are just bogus or are misinterpreted and simplified...

Nickdfresh
08-01-2012, 07:47 AM
But to say "The CIA Manages Mexico's Drug Trade" is completely moronic as no one can manage that giant, shitty mess of cartels butchering each other south of the border...

Blaze
08-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Let's all agree that no one, of their right mind, wants to be shorted on a bag or blowjob. :D

Seshmeister
08-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Only if you Google the age he died at...

ELVIS
08-01-2012, 09:21 AM
But to say "The CIA Manages Mexico's Drug Trade" is completely moronic as no one can manage that giant, shitty mess of cartels butchering each other south of the border...

Well, the evidence seems to show that they 'try' to manage it by providing weapons to the cartels they do business with...