PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a Drone Killer: ‘I Have a Duty, and I Execute My Duty’

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
One wonders if drone pilot Col. D. Scott Brenton listens to Louis Armstrong in the suburban Air National Guard Base in Syracuse from which he murders people 7,000 miles away.

“I see mothers with children, I see fathers with children, I see fathers with mothers, I see kids playing soccer,” Brenton tells the New York Times.

Drone operators see their intended targets “wake up in the morning, do their work, go to sleep at night,” explains Dave, another high-tech murderer who killed from an office cockpit at Nevada’s Creech Air Force Base and who now trains new recruits to the cyber-killer corps at New Mexico’s Holloman Air Force Base.

When instructed to kill someone he has stalked from the air for a prolonged period, “I feel no emotional attachment to the enemy,” Brenton insists. I have a duty, and I execute my duty.” When the deed is done, he points out, nobody “in my immediate environment is aware of anything that has occurred.”

“There was a good reason for killing the people that I did, and I go through it in my head over and over and over,” insists another drone operator named Will, who — like Dave — served a deskbound “combat” tour at Creech and now trains others to do likewise at Holloman Air Base.

Like the soldier Bates in Henry V, it’s sufficient for Will — and others of his ilk — to render obedience to their Leader, confident that “if his cause be wrong, our obedience to the king wipes the crime of it out of us.”

The more concise and notorious formula, of course, is: We are only obeying orders.

Besides, drone operators (who insist on being called “combat pilots”) are carrying out an indispensable function by picking off Afghan “militants” — or at least those “suspected” of such tendencies — who unreasonably resent the presence of foreign military personnel in their country.

link! (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/116829.html)

Nitro Express
07-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Sorry. Combat is being in it and taking risk. There is a huge fucking difference between someone sitting at a computer control console on a safe air force base and someone who has logged a huge number of flight hours, and can handle high G forces while being shot at. The term Drone Operator is more accurate. Calling a drone operator a combat pilot is an insult to anyone who has flown an aircraft into a combat situation.

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Elvis hates America and wants our soldiers to die without air-support...

Nickdfresh
07-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I love how the assfuck that wrote on his big, gay blog simply selectively rewrites the NY Time out of context to make it seem like some insidious shit:

HANCOCK FIELD AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASE, N.Y. — From his computer console here in the Syracuse suburbs, Col. D. Scott Brenton remotely flies a Reaper drone that beams back hundreds of hours of live video of insurgents, his intended targets, going about their daily lives 7,000 miles away in Afghanistan. Sometimes he and his team watch the same family compound for weeks.

“I see mothers with children, I see fathers with children, I see fathers with mothers, I see kids playing soccer,” Colonel Brenton said.

When the call comes for him to fire a missile and kill a militant — and only, Colonel Brenton said, when the women and children are not around — the hair on the back of his neck stands up, just as it did when he used to line up targets in his F-16 fighter jet.

Whats the difference if he's flying an Apache attack chopper or an F-16 on site or shooting from 7K away?

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
No, I want to reel in all of this bullshit pretending to fight terrorists...

LoungeMachine
07-30-2012, 09:59 PM
No, I want to reel in all of this bullshit pretending to fight terrorists...

Yeah....

:gulp:

Where were you during the Bush/Cheney/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld/Feith era of 2001-2008????

ELVIS
07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I've already pointed out multiple times that I've learned since then and my thinking has evolved and that I was wrong...

Most of you retards are still playing the same old tired left / right bullshit game and / or bringing up the past to try to make a current argument...

Nitro Express
07-31-2012, 12:25 AM
I love how the assfuck that wrote on his big, gay blog simply selectively rewrites the NY Time out of context to make it seem like some insidious shit:

Whats the difference if he's flying an Apache attack chopper or an F-16 on site or shooting from 7K away?

He's safer. If the drone gets shot down the pilot doesn't die or get's tortured by pissed off people on the ground.

Nitro Express
07-31-2012, 12:30 AM
I've already pointed out multiple times that I've learned since then and my thinking has evolved and that I was wrong...

Most of you retards are still playing the same old tired left / right bullshit game and / or bringing up the past to try to make a current argument...

The problem with making war more safe is it makes people less resistant to waging it. People hate war when too many of their kids get killed in it. I mean people have even invented weapons to make war so horrid they hoped to avoid war because people wouldn't want the carnage. Dr. Gatling who invented the gatling gun did so for this very purpose. People assumed World War I would end war because it was so horrible and there were so many loses. We still had wars. Why? The bankers just make so much money off of it. They will provide the financing to buy thousands of high priced drones. Foriegn countries will do the same. War will continue as always.

ELVIS
07-31-2012, 12:43 AM
The people with the most money (the global bankers) have the influence and create the crisis and pit one people against another based on a threat from a bogeyman...

The military industrial complex sell it to the politicians and contractors jump after the crumbs...

The result is blowback and the cycle begins again...

Nickdfresh
07-31-2012, 02:53 PM
The people with the most money (the global bankers) have the influence and create the crisis and pit one people against another based on a threat from a bogeyman...

The military industrial complex sell it to the politicians and contractors jump after the crumbs...

The result is blowback and the cycle begins again...

Elbow with be blaming the world wide Jewish cuntspiracy next...

Jesus Christ
07-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Elbow with be blaming the world wide Jewish cuntspiracy next...

Speaking as King of the Jews here, I know of no such conspiracy :jesuslol: