PDA

View Full Version : Papa John’s Founder To Raise Price Of Pizza Due To ‘Obamacare’

BigBadBrian
08-09-2012, 07:31 AM
LINK (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/08/papa-johns-founder-to-raise-price-of-pizza-due-to-obamacare/)
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Papa John’s warns it will have to raise the price of its pizzas due to President Obama’s health care law.

John Schnatter, CEO and founder of Papa John’s, said pizza will cost up to 14 cents more when the Affordable Care Act goes into effect in 2014.

“We’re not supportive of Obamacare, like most businesses in our industry. But our business model and unit economics are about as ideal as you can get for a food company to absorb Obamacare,” Schnatter said in a conference call during last week’s shareholder’s meeting, according to Politico.

Schnatter later added: “If Obamacare is in fact not repealed, we will find tactics to shallow out any Obamacare costs and core strategies to pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders best interests,”

According to Pizza Marketplace, there are nearly 4,000 Papa John’s restaurants in all 50 states and 33 countries.

Schnatter, a Romney supporter, held a private fundraiser for the GOP presidential candidate at his Kentucky home in April.

Seshmeister
08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry but did you just start a thread about a pizza going up in price by 14 fucking cents?

In other news my cat licked its ass twice yesterday.

Nickdfresh
08-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry but did you just start a thread about a pizza going up in price by 14 fucking cents?

In other news my cat licked its ass twice yesterday.

Because of some wealthy cocksucker pissing and moaning about how he has to dish out healthcare to his workers?

Angel
08-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Because of some wealthy cocksucker pissing and moaning about how he has to dish out healthcare to his workers?

No shit, eh? Who gives a fuck about the labourers as long as the owners are making their $$. Capitalism at its finest...

BigBadBrian
08-09-2012, 09:34 AM
No shit, eh? Who gives a fuck about the labourers as long as the owners are making their $$. Capitalism at its finest...

Do you have a better system than capitalism? Name it.

BigBadBrian
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM

I knew you wouldn't realize that the main subject of the thread is not about pizza.

WACF
08-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Do you have a better system than capitalism? Name it.

Capitalism is it.

But...Capitalism that is not so unbalanced.

Unions....not the crazy out of control shit ones...but regular Unions help bring awareness and shape labour laws...and as a matter of fact Federal Law.
Therefore Capitalism that has the freedom to give it's workers a choice.

The extremes at both ends are destructive.

WACF
08-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I knew you wouldn't realize that the main subject of the thread is not about pizza.

But...if the price goes up 14 cents to pay for costs...big deal.

That is Capitalism....and that is the point.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Meh, it's shit pizza anyways.....

jhale667
08-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Much like we know you don't realize nobody besides you gives a shit about Papa John's shitty pizza. He's crying about FOURTEEN CENTS??? The horror! He's an idiot and so are you for starting this thread.

Seshmeister
08-09-2012, 10:17 AM

No it's about the manipulation of a non story.

Key factoids in this one are

a) The words 'up to 14 cents more'. Up to includes the figure 'fuck all' more.

b) The way they use a figure for the price but not a percentage. When you try and make something look big you use the number. Like in the other thread where I posted 130 kids die in firearm accidents I gave the figure not the percentage of all kids.

You should also notice that he doesn't say which pizza will go up in price 'up to 14 cents'.

If he is talking about a standard large pizza, those are $18 so another better way to word this earth shattering news is that Papa Johns pizza will increase in price less than 0.7% due to Obamacare.

I'm going to have to start charging you for these little nuggets of wisdom... ;)

Nickdfresh
08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
How much of that $0.14 is going to a PAC to try to buy Romney's election? Boy oh boy, Obama's war on the middle class! Forcing some complete massive douche-nozzle who looks like a socially awkward grimacing dickwad in all his awful fucking commercials to pass on the charges to us all of us (but not me, I wouldn't order his cardboard crusted pile of cheap cheese and generic tomato sauce if I were starving). Oh, the humanity! (or lack of it in Papa Johnson's)...

chefcraig
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Agreed. Seriously folks, if you've ever tasted a Papa John's "pizza-like" product, you would care less one way or the other if it costed more to produce it, let alone if the company remained in business or not. And if you care to express a love of capitalism, why not do so by supporting your own local mom and pop run pizzerias?

Blaze
08-09-2012, 11:23 AM
The current federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour will yield a full-time worker the grand total of $15,080 per year and he rarely receives insurance coverage, retirement or other benefits beyond the FICA, Medicare, and unemployment taxes the employer is required to pay. The employee, most likely in that 50% of the population that conservatives insist “pay no taxes”, must also pay FICA and Medicare taxes, netting $14,228 per year at the current reduced payroll tax rates.

A study released by the National Employment Law Project (NELP), however, shows that it is big corporations not small businesses that benefit from low-wage workers. “Big Business, Corporate Profits, and the Minimum Wage,” singles out McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, and Yum! Brands as among the large and profitable companies which employ 66 percent of low-wage workers.

Christine Owens, executive director of NELP said “While those businesses have emerged from the recession with strong profits, their lowest-paid workers are still struggling to make ends meet. It’s deeply worrisome that the very businesses that can most afford to pay fair wages and boost consumer demand are also driving the stagnant wage growth that is holding the economy back.”

And in fact it is more than holding the country back. It is costing state and federal governments millions to subsidize the employees of these profitable businesses. The stories of Wal-Mart employees on food stamps smack of urban legend, but they are not. A 2009 study by the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Service found that 15,000 Wal-Mart employees were receiving Medicaid. The nation’s largest civilian employer was not the only welfare queen. In June of that year Ohio paid $28.5 million for Medicaid, $1.4 million for food stamps, and $10.9 million for Welfare for employees of the state’s 50 largest employers. Workers with salaries at or near the poverty line are also eligible for subsidized housing, reduced school lunches, and home heating assistance.

(contrary to the right wing meme about part-time teenage workers, the Department of Labor reports that three quarters of minimum wage earners are 20 years or older)

NELP said of the 50 low-wage employers it examined, 92 percent were profitable in 2011 and 78 percent had been so for the past three years. Revenues are higher than before the recession for 75 percent and profits are higher for 63 percent. In 2011 the 50 companies employed a total of nearly 8 million workers.

These profits were reported in the quarter in which NELP says the average weekly paychecks fell by 1.7 percent and that the minimum wage, which has not been raised in three years, is worth 30 percent less than it was in 1968. Had it kept pace with the cost of living since 1968 the minimum wage would be $10.55

the average CEO pay in these low-wage companies was $9.4 million and the 50 largest ones returned a stunning $174.8 billion to their shareholders over the past five fiscal years – in many cases thousands of dollars per employee per year.

getting worse. In 2011, 52.1 percent of low-wage workers worked in five sectors: Food Services, Accommodation, Retail, Administrative Services, and Arts, Entertainment, and 7 out of the top 10 sectors expected to grow the fastest over the next decade are low-wage industries.

http://www.politicususa.com/minimum-wage-study-torpedoes-wing-talking-point.html

Papa John's $0.14 scream is nothing more than an attempt to dissuade what he perceives as stupid Americans, which he hopes are also brainwashed.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/312906_508451162515486_1302467894_n.jpg

Nickdfresh
08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Agreed. Seriously folks, if you've ever tasted a Papa John's "pizza-like" product, you would care less one way or the other if it costed more to produce it, let alone if the company remained in business or not. And if you care to express a love of capitalism, why not do so by supporting your own local mom and pop run pizzerias?

Oh, I does. I know you're in Florida, but I think you'd love the food here...

BigBadBrian
08-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Name a local joint that's better. I knew this thread would turn into a PJ slugfest, even though the thread is not about pizza, Papa John's, or even 14 fucking cents. Let's see if somebody "gets it."

BTW....I grill my own pizza. Yeah, I said grill. Try it. LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grilled_pizza)

chefcraig
08-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Oh, I does. I know you're in Florida, but I think you'd love the food here...

Friend, I was born up there near you, so I hear what you are saying. And not for nothing, but the best local pizzerias here are run by folks that just so happen to be transplants from that very same region!

jhale667
08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Name a local joint that's better.

Joe Peeps. Best pizza in Los Angeles.

WACF
08-09-2012, 11:46 AM
A study released by the National Employment Law Project (NELP), however, shows that it is big corporations not small businesses that benefit from low-wage workers. “Big Business, Corporate Profits, and the Minimum Wage,” singles out McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, and Yum! Brands as among the large and profitable companies which employ 66 percent of low-wage workers.

http://www.politicususa.com/minimum-wage-study-torpedoes-wing-talking-point.html

Papa John's $0.14 scream is nothing more than an attempt to dissuade what he perceives as stupid Americans, which he hopes are also brainwashed.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/312906_508451162515486_1302467894_n.jpg

That is wrong on so many levels.

Small business owners benefit greatly from it too.

Everyone likes to focus on Wal Mart and McDonalds...how about the small ma and pop stores...cleaning companies ect.

Fact is you don't go to a pizza joint or Wal Mart looking for a career.

But...I worked alot of odd jobs during high school and summers off...min wage sucked but so did no money...and I got hired because the farmers or contracters could afford to pay it...all small business people.

jhale667
08-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Maybe not, but a lot of older people end up working at places like Wal Mart because they can't find a job anywhere else and can't afford to retire. They deserve to be treated fairly.

WACF
08-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Maybe not, but a lot of older people end up working at places like Wal Mart because they can't find a job anywhere else and can't afford to retire. They deserve to be treated fairly.

Never said they did not....

Edit.

What should be done for senoirs are things like lower taxes, income splitting with a spouse to drive down your bracket.

Wal Mart exists because consumers demand low prices...we do it to ourselves.

I do my best to shop ethically but it is tough sometimes.
I just replaced a toilet with a Toto...happy as hell to see it was made in the US.

Blaze
08-09-2012, 12:18 PM
That is wrong on so many levels.

Small business owners benefit greatly from it too.

Everyone likes to focus on Wal Mart and McDonalds...how about the small ma and pop stores...cleaning companies ect.

But...I worked alot of odd jobs during high school and summers off...min wage sucked but so did no money...and I got hired because the farmers or contracters could afford to pay it...all small business people.

getting worse. In 2011, 52.1 percent of low-wage workers worked in five sectors: Food Services, Accommodation, Retail, Administrative Services, and Arts, Entertainment, and 7 out of the top 10 sectors expected to grow the fastest over the next decade are low-wage industries.

A lot of people do. These are .. err what used to be manufacturing jobs in America. Notice at most the joints they advertise "come get a career with us" or some such. Fact is the manager positions at those places do not pay much more, maybe $10 an hour.

the minimum wage, which has not been raised in three years, is worth 30 percent less than it was in 1968. Had it kept pace with the cost of living since 1968 the minimum wage would be $10.55 – and would still leave a family of four below the poverty line.
$10.55 an hour is often considered good pay by folks.

Seshmeister
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
I just replaced a toilet with a Toto...happy as hell to see it was made in the US.

You didn't get a Ferguson? :)

jhale667
08-09-2012, 12:30 PM
What should be done for senoirs are things like lower taxes, income splitting with a spouse to drive down your bracket.

How would that help elderly widows and widowers?

WACF
08-09-2012, 12:49 PM
How would that help elderly widows and widowers?

I know what you mean.

If you are cursed with a lower income then no tax for senoirs?
Sometimes life takes some horrible swings at you...not eveyone can pull out.
I think it's fair...you pay all your life...why pay in your golden years.

Another thought on this is once again Unions.

If you could manage to pull off Unionizing Wal Mart you could in fact manage to get some benefits...prices would go up...but that is capatilism...if people stop shopping there prices will drop.

On one note....at least in our system the elderly have a means to get employment...we have choices and options in our world...no so much in other parts of the world.

WACF
08-09-2012, 12:52 PM

LOL...

Hate to say it but my thoughts were not too far off from this...

Blaze
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/576137_506974335982991_130556752_n.jpg

FORD
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Schnatter's been giving money to Repukes for years, but he's never gone public with right wing talking points.

I think what's really going on here is he wants to tap in to some of that hate money thats gone to Chick-Phobi-A the last few weeks.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Name a local joint that's better. I knew this thread would turn into a PJ slugfest, even though the thread is not about pizza, Papa John's, or even 14 fucking cents. Let's see if somebody "gets it."

BTW....I grill my own pizza. Yeah, I said grill. Try it. LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grilled_pizza)

You mean in VA Beach Brian?

That's easy, get the Siciilian at Y'Not....

Or I recently got a Chicago-style pie at Uno, was quite good as well....

jhale667
08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Schnatter's been giving money to Repukes for years, but he's never gone public with right wing talking points.

I think what's really going on here is he wants to tap in to some of that hate money thats gone to Chick-Phobi-A the last few weeks.

Sounds like it, but couldn't he have come up with something a little better than "I might have to raise my pizza price FOURTEEN CENTS!!!"?

Blaze
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJOljjRbT1U

chefcraig
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Sounds like it, but couldn't he have come up with something a little better than "I might have to raise my pizza price FOURTEEN CENTS!!!"?

Are you kidding? This is a guy who believes "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza" is an inventive slogan.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/confused/stupid.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/free-confused-smileys.html)

LoungeMachine
08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
So the gist is.........

Company might have to raise prices as opposed to absorbing costs, so as to shift the burden from the shareholders to the consumer?

Well obviously if this isnt a political statement [wink, wink] and sincerely a business decision on the part of this company, then they obviously have concluded that the market price of their product can handle the increase without affecting revenues.

:gulp:

Isn't this how all businesses work, everyday?

Where's the story?

ZahZoo
08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
So the gist is.........

Company might have to raise prices as opposed to absorbing costs, so as to shift the burden from the shareholders to the consumer?

Well obviously if this isnt a political statement [wink, wink] and sincerely a business decision on the part of this company, then they obviously have concluded that the market price of their product can handle the increase without affecting revenues.

Isn't this how all businesses work, everyday?

Where's the story?

Quit stealing my thoughts!! ;)

A price increase of 0.14 per pizza sure doesn't sound like the business killer Obama-care has been made out to be.

BenJammin
08-09-2012, 02:29 PM
LINK (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/08/papa-johns-founder-to-raise-price-of-pizza-due-to-obamacare/)
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Papa John’s warns it will have to raise the price of its pizzas due to President Obama’s health care law.

["... pass that cost onto consumers in order to protect our shareholders best interests,”]

shareholders = the exalted that must be taken care of
consumers and employees = let them pound sand

motherchicken
08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
The same asshole put out propaganda to the employees that franchises would close and people would lose their jobs if Obamacare passed.

BITEYOASS
08-09-2012, 08:08 PM
I lost count of how many electrical contractors I've been interviewed by who've bitched about fuckin' Obamacare.

SunisinuS
08-09-2012, 09:14 PM

You shall hence be known as Flushmeister. :lever: hehe.

Again...what the right is most afraid of is that for once in the U.S. of A., people will actually get something for their taxes, instead of saving up for corporate bailouts and then seeing no cut.

You give $.14. Your grandma can get her broken leg fixed.

They know once that Cat is out of the Bag.....they will never have it the same again. No more robbing the poor to give to the rich.

jhale667
08-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Are you kidding? This is a guy who believes "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza" is an inventive slogan.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/confused/stupid.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/free-confused-smileys.html)

And there ya have it...

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 12:34 AM
My great niece manages a Papa Johns in Texas. They pay their drivers 4.25 an hour plus a buck per delivery for gas. The company charges about two bucks per order extra for delivery. On top of that they expect the drivers to hang coupons on at least two houses per delivery. I'm sure if Papa John could he'd pay them nothing and still expect them to hang the coupons on at least two houses per delivery. Tips alone should be good enough.

BenJammin
08-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Again...what the right is most afraid of is that for once in the U.S. of A., people will actually get something for their taxes, instead of saving up for corporate bailouts and then seeing no cut.

They know once that Cat is out of the Bag.....they will never have it the same again. No more robbing the poor to give to the rich.

Exactly !

I'm surprised the Dems don't reverse the argument on them, i.e...
-The Cons say Obamacare (real name ACA) is the "biggest tax increase ever"

what the Dems should point out...
-The TARP bailout ultimately cost the taxpayer more than Obamacare ever will and was born on the backs of those very taxpayers... not a tax increase per se, yet amounted to a negative drain on available revenue which works out the same... just on the other side of the '=' sign.

LoungeMachine
08-10-2012, 01:06 AM
My great niece manages a Papa Johns in Texas. .

So your great-niece is more successful than you are.....

figures.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2012, 02:26 AM
His made-up great niece that would never talk to him even if she were real...

Nitro Express
08-10-2012, 02:33 AM
If you buy your own health insurance then you know the prices of premiums have shot way up in the last few months. The argument I constantly heard about a government ran healthcare system is it would give the profit drivien insurance companies price competition and keep the prices down. Now it's pretty damn obviouse it was the insurance companies themselves that were behind Obamacare. It will just mean more uninsured people because the madate tax will be cheaper than the insurance. This whole thing is already looking to be the disaster I knew it would be. This is not socialized medicine. This is fascist medicine.

BigBadBrian
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
You mean in VA Beach Brian?

That's easy, get the Siciilian at Y'Not....

Or I recently got a Chicago-style pie at Uno, was quite good as well....

Y'not is good for basically a local chain. Ray's in Portsmouth, in a dump of a building, is quite good. For national chains, I like the sauce of Pizza Hut better than PJ. I prefer thin-crust pizza.

BigBadBrian
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
OK people....instead of pizza, think OIL, GASOLINE, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, GROCERIES, HEALTHCARE INSURANCE itself, or other goods and services you use on a daily basis. Prices are going to go up.

FORD
08-10-2012, 02:15 PM
So then, you support a single payer system?

Because that's the only way out of this.

Romeo Delight
08-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll never forget the Republican woman I met in Washington State...she didn't have health insurance and ended up having a difficult delivery of her baby with some complications.

She was on the hook for over 200k in medical bills.

Politics aside, who wants to live in a place where that could happen to anyone, let alone everyday, hundreds of times a day. Crazy, crazy stuff.

She was happy to pay it though because she supported the Republicans. Even crazier.

WACF
08-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Canada started out the same way as you guys are with it's system.

Eventually it evolved to where we are...not perfect but I could not imagine not having it.

You are right...Single payor is the way to go.

There is always room for private to help out...

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
So your great-niece is more successful than you are.....

figures.
It really suprises me that you're always bitching about the republicans. It the other guys who want to raise taxes on multi-millionaires like you.

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 03:30 PM
His made-up great niece that would never talk to him even if she were real...
But I still have my African mercenary pal that was deported from Australia by U S homeland security to talk to.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
But I still have my African mercenary pal that was deported from Australia by U S homeland security to talk to.

Do you still have your brain-drammaged girlfriend wash your socks?

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 04:57 PM

She got deported back to Africa from Australia for threatening some drag queen from Buffalo,New York. Small world.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
She got deported back to Africa from Australia for threatening some drag queen from Buffalo,New York. Small world.

She must have been really jealous of your penchant for fucking men in womens' clothing from Buffalo, NY...

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 05:03 PM
She must have been really jealous of your penchant for fucking men in womens' clothing from Buffalo, NY...
I told you to never discuss our personal relationship here.

FORD
08-10-2012, 05:05 PM

His sock washes itself?

Is this some high tech future fabric, like that computerized suit that chick on Continuum wears?

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 06:27 PM
His sock washes itself?
Actually this dipstick name Ford does my laundry. But I'm fittin' to fire him. Too many pairs of soiled undershorts keep disappearing.

FORD
08-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Please keep my name out of your homosocksual fetishes.

Hardrock69
08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
BigBadBrucie will grasp at any straw.....this is one of his crowning achievements in irrelevant crap.

So Papa John's pizza will increase 14 cents by 2014?

So fucking what? It probably would do so anyway just due to inflation.

In addition to $4.25/hr plus 1 buck per delivery, the tips add up to where the average pay is about 10 bucks an hour.

I have a friend who managed a PJ place for 3 years....up to a few months ago.

That is a pretty decent wage for a delivery driver.

BITEYOASS
08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
You're better off going to a local pizza joint or make it your damn self. In addition, you can tell the quality of the pizza based on what the mushrooms look like.

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Please keep my name out of your homosocksual fetishes.
Since you said please.....
I'm still gonna do it.

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 07:18 PM
In addition to $4.25/hr plus 1 buck per delivery, the tips add up to where the average pay is about 10 bucks an hour.

Not in rural areas where your stops are miles apart. And with Papa shitheads 35 miute delivery policy alot of times the drivers have to do single order deliveries on a regular basis. Ten miles out. Ten miles back. That's a gallon of gas at about four bucks a gallon. Sometimes it costs the driver money to deliver for those cheap bastards. And on prank deliveries or freebies for fucked up orders you only get the 4.25.

motherchicken
08-10-2012, 07:19 PM
You're better off going to a local pizza joint or make it your damn self. In addition, you can tell the quality of the pizza based on what the mushrooms look like.
We have a Murphies take and bake here. Reasonable prices fresh ingrediants.

Nickdfresh
08-10-2012, 09:25 PM
I told you to never discuss our personal relationship here.

Don't flatter yourself, although perhaps many guys mistake your cock for a small, sock-encrusted clit?

Nitro Express
08-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Canada started out the same way as you guys are with it's system.

Eventually it evolved to where we are...not perfect but I could not imagine not having it.

You are right...Single payor is the way to go.

There is always room for private to help out...

It all boils down to managment and ethics in either the socialized system or the private system. The real problem is ethics and morals are lacking on each side. It does no good to have a crooked government try and reel in a crooked private sector. If you look at the government situation the problem is clear, the elected officials have been pretty much bought off by who they are suppossed to regulate. The government really no longer reflects the population because the average person has been shut out of the process because they have raised the money required to get electred so high, only the 1% can get a candidate elected.

Nitro Express
08-10-2012, 09:41 PM
OK people....instead of pizza, think OIL, GASOLINE, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, GROCERIES, HEALTHCARE INSURANCE itself, or other goods and services you use on a daily basis. Prices are going to go up.

That's why there is a move to own commodities instead of equities right now. Sooner or later the central bank system is going to collapse and the result will be very high inflation. Especially on goods that are needed. What will have the value and continue to have the value are commodities and who owns those will be the next Wall Street.

motherchicken
08-11-2012, 03:12 AM
Don't flatter yourself, although perhaps many guys mistake your cock for a small, sock-encrusted clit?
Is that how you justify it? You thought it was a clit so you sucked it?
Must have been somebody else Nicky. Homey don't play that.

Nickdfresh
08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Is that how you justify it? You thought it was a clit so you sucked it?
Must have been somebody else Nicky. Homey don't play that.

Must have been somebody else, definitely was some other guy you blew. I'm pretty sure you're not too particular at the highway reststops...

BigBadBrian
08-11-2012, 08:14 AM

Hell no and no it's not.

motherchicken
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Must have been somebody else, definitely was some other guy I blew. I'm not too particular at the highway reststops...

You ought to be more careful. as Robin Zander once said "you never know what you'll catch".

FORD
08-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Hell no and no it's not.

The two major issues with health care are: 1) Universal coverage and 2) Controlling costs.

The corporate mandates of Romney/Obama care theoretically fix the first, but do nothing about the second. In fact they arguably make it worse, and so far that seems to be the case, even with the law not fully implemented yet.

What needs to be done is to take the profit motive completely out of it. And health care should have NEVER been "for profit" in the first place.

There are only two ways to do this. The most logical of the two is to remove the insurance companies completely from the equation and go with Medicare for All single payer.

The other alternative would be a tightly regulated insurance industry model like they have in Switzerland.

Given the corporate lobbyist corruption in Washington DC, it might actually be easier to pass the single payer solution than to attempt any actual reform in the criminal insurance industry. And since we already HAVE Medicare and the VA system in this country, it would be easier to expand on that structure, then to tear down the corruption in the corporate model.

Romeo Delight
08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
BigBadBrucie will grasp at any straw.....this is one of his crowning achievements in irrelevant crap.

So Papa John's pizza will increase 14 cents by 2014?

So fucking what? It probably would do so anyway just due to inflation.

I have a friend who managed a PJ place for 3 years....up to a few months ago.

A decent wage? where? I don't mean to sound like an ass, but are there minimum wage laws in these states?

Sounds like they calculate the best possible outcome for the delivery driver to come in around a minimum wage scale. Next time I order a pizza in the US I am going to tip $5

Nickdfresh
08-11-2012, 10:02 PM
You ought to be more careful. as Robin Zander once said "you never know what you'll catch".

Now the classic comedy of rewriting quotes. Amateur hour?

hambon4lif
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Now the classic comedy of rewriting quotes. Amateur hour?You're asking someone who stalks people at laundromats and preys on their unsuspecting socks. He's the reason everyone continually miss that one sock in the dryer, and definitely not one who is capable of having an informed opinion on things that actually matter.

His definition of 'inter-racial affairs' is that one argyle-sock he blew a load in back in the 3rd grade...

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Now the classic comedy of rewriting quotes. Amateur hour?

Anything for a laugh. If you ever got that stick out of your ass you might crack a smile yourself someday. Till then you can go on being a pissy little cunt.

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
. He's the reason everyone continually miss that one sock in the dryer
Eh mon, is that Jamaican?

FORD
08-12-2012, 01:00 AM
From the Urban Dictionary....

1. sockfucking

Verb, the act of lubing up an athletic tube sock and inserting the male member for sexual stimulation. A sockfucker may choose to perform the act manually or may choose to have a partner stimulate the sock. Low Cut socks are disfavored except by short dicked individuals.

"Don't wash that sock after the game, I'm into sockfucking and your natural oils are better than you greezy fuck."

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 01:11 AM
From the Urban Dictionary....
In other words you use a low cut sock.
Can't agree with the last line. Always use a clean sock unless you're looking for a dick infection.

Nickdfresh
08-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Anything for a laugh. If you ever got that stick out of your ass you might crack a smile yourself someday. Till then you can go on being a pissy little cunt.

http://chzscience.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-science-news-experiments-memes-dog-science-fuzzy-logic.jpg

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 01:15 AM
A decent wage? where? I don't mean to sound like an ass, but are there minimum wage laws in these states?

Sounds like they calculate the best possible outcome for the delivery driver to come in around a minimum wage scale. Next time I order a pizza in the US I am going to tip $5
Waitresses and waiters get the same in Texas. But they don't have to provide a car, gas, insurance and bear the cost of maintenence for the car.

Nickdfresh
08-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Waitresses and waiters get the same in Texas. But they don't have to provide a car, gas, insurance and bear the cost of maintenence for the car.

And bartenders I'm guessing. I don't believe delivery drivers do, they'd be in clear violation of federal law that stipulates anyone using a personal vehicle for business gets a stipend for mileage...

If this is in anyway true, Texas delivery drivers should sue. I nearly took a summer job delivering for a local, now defunct, Dominoes franchise years ago. I think it was like $15 an hour plus tips when everything was worked out...

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 01:54 AM
And bartenders I'm guessing. I don't believe delivery drivers do, they'd be in clear violation of federal law that stipulates anyone using a personal vehicle for business gets a stipend for mileage...

If this is in anyway true, Texas delivery drivers should sue. I nearly took a summer job delivering for a local, now defunct, Dominoes franchise years ago. I think it was like $15 an hour plus tips when everything was worked out...
The drivers get a dollar per delivery for gas.
I worked for Dominos. You can make decent cash but your car gets hammered. If you have something like a Kia Rio with the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty you can do alright for yourself.

FORD
08-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Dominos?? I thought you worked for this place?

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/f95073a147b74a80853bef7d7e5ee4de/l.gif

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Dominos?? I thought you worked for this place?

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/f95073a147b74a80853bef7d7e5ee4de/l.gif
More sock humor. Can you say boring? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

jhale667
08-12-2012, 02:45 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/551046_10151000457181275_1760317550.jpg

jhale667
08-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Munchendicken's only career option is pizza delivery... that explains a LOT. :lol:

BigBadBrian
08-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Munchendicken's only career option is pizza delivery... that explains a LOT. :lol:

You can help him learn the ropes. :gulp:

jhale667
08-12-2012, 06:21 PM
You can help him learn the ropes. :gulp:

That'd be YOUR gig.

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
No. But if that's the only gig I could get I'd do it. I'm not pretending that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I'm a working man and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Not everyone can be a "rockstar" like you.

jhale667
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
No. But if that's the only gig I could get I'd do it. I'm not pretending that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I'm a working man and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Not everyone can be a "rockstar" like you.

It IS the only gig you can get, obviously.
Show me one post where I've claimed to be a "rock star", Munchendicken. You can't. Doesn't exist. And you're such a fucking idiot you don't know I didn't post the picture you were ranting about earlier.

I am friendly with several well-known musicians, and DO occasionally get to hang out with them, though. Don't hate.

motherchicken
08-12-2012, 11:18 PM
I am friendly with several well-known musicians, and DO occasionally get to hang out with them, though. Don't hate.
The Village People let you hang out with them?

LoungeMachine
08-12-2012, 11:27 PM
The Village People let you hang out with them?

Seriously?

The guy has worked for some seriously big names.

You really think some ex-felon Oak Harbor transplant who doesn't even play an instrument should pass judgement on another poster who is not only an incredible musician, but has serious biz cred?

When you show up for work tomorrow, think about it. And then make sure the restrooms are clean

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 02:05 AM
You really think some ex-felon Oak Harbor transplant who doesn't even play an instrument should pass judgement on another poster who is not only an incredible musician, but has serious biz cred?

Since when is a bartender an expert on everything? That's right you're a musician too. Since when does someone have to play a musical instrument to have an opinion? Last I heard you weren't a politician yet you seem to be mighty opinionated about that.
And how is it passing judgement on anybody by making a wiseacre remark? All you fuckheads need to pull those sticks out of your asses and lighten the fuck up.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 02:12 AM
And you're such a fucking idiot you don't know I didn't post the picture you were ranting about earlier.

I saw some greasy haired varmint with a scribbled out face standing next to some chick dressed like a playboy bunny. And you already said that was you on the set of "Rockstar". Who cares who posted it?

ashstralia
08-13-2012, 03:27 AM
why are your panties all wadded up, mochook? is there something you want to get off your breast?

do you hate all successful people, or just selected ones?

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 03:49 AM
why are your panties all wadded up, mochook? is there something you want to get off your breast?

do you hate all successful people, or just selected ones?
Success has nothing to do with it. There are plenty rich and successful dumbasses out there too. Anyone here can claim they're rich and successful. I don't.
BTW. You used the word hate. I don't hate anyone. Here or in the real world. There's people here I don't like. But they're not worthy of my hate.

Nickdfresh
08-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Since when is a bartender an expert on everything?...

They're experts on making drinks you dolt....

ashstralia
08-13-2012, 04:30 AM
i'm not rich. being happy and doing what i want when i want is my motivation.

anyway somewhat back on topic; in oz we've had a carbon tax for 6 weeks now. the govvie has set up a watchdog bureau to police companies which flout the laws.
fuck! more spending to regulate a stupid tax...

bring on march '13.

jhale667
08-13-2012, 08:37 AM
I saw some greasy haired varmint with a scribbled out face standing next to some chick dressed like a playboy bunny. And you already said that was you on the set of "Rockstar". Who cares who posted it?

Wrong. You're making shit up now. So, let's see: You're a worthless convict who can't get a decent job, AND a liar who can't get his story straight.

ZahZoo
08-13-2012, 09:43 AM

The number one quote from drummers and bass players world wide... ;)

vandeleur
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
The number one quote from drummers and bass players world wide... ;)

:biggrin:

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 06:15 PM
They're experts on making drinks you dolt....
I said everything not anything. Bartenders are pretty good at deciphering drunken giggerish too.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Give me a couple minutes. I'm new to multi quoting.

FORD
08-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Pants?

Did somebody change his socksual orientation? :sockfucker:

(great... now I gotta find a pantsfucker smiley......)

Guitar Shark
08-13-2012, 06:46 PM
When you show up for work tomorrow, think about it. And then make sure the restrooms are clean

:lol:

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Pants?

While you're at it find an asshole smiley and use it as your avatar.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 06:51 PM
I thought pizza delivery was the only gig I could get?

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 06:56 PM

Wrong. You're making shit up now. So, let's see: You're a worthless convict who can't get a decent job, AND a liar who can't get his story straight.

I don't have to deny anything, you assbag, people here have seen me in person and know you're full of shit....and just because when you losers had hair YOURS was greasy, nasty and acted as chick-repellent doesn't mean everyone else's is. If you fuckers BATHED regularly, you'd know healthy hair shines.

And for the record, the picture was taken on the set of "Rock Star", you idiot.
Oh the wicked web we weave when first we practice to decieve.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Pants?

Have you completely lost your mind? Must be seeing things.

jhale667
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh the wicked web we weave when first we practice to decieve.

And that proved what exactly besides you can't spell, you're full of shit and have a Yosemite Sam fetish, all of which we already knew?

gbranton
08-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I saw some greasy haired varmint

..... have a Yosemite Sam fetish........

LMAO, that's pretty funny right there.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 09:15 PM
And that proved that I'm not only a liar but I call other people liars to cover it up even after I'm busted
That about sums it up. Ya greasy haired varmint.

jhale667
08-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm a rootin', tootin' compulsive liar with a criminal record.

We know.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Munchendicken's only career option is pizza delivery.

You can help him learn the ropes.

I got the job when he got fired for incompetence. Everytime a customer told him to shove the pizza up his ass he stuck it in a hole in the ground.

jhale667
08-13-2012, 09:32 PM
I can't get a job because I'm a convict, and the only girl that will talk to me is retarded.

Sucks to be you....

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 09:33 PM
If I keep calling Motherchicken a liar nobody will notice that he busted my ass good a few posts ago.
I'm sure they'll notice but you'll get a pass since you're a clique member.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Sucks to be me....nothing but a greasy haired lying assed varmint.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You've still got the clique.

motherchicken
08-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I like to repeat myself every other post.
It's the varmint blood that makes you do that.

jhale667
08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
You're delusional. You busted yourself idiot.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/404013_409220745801112_718220349_n.jpg

FORD
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Have you completely lost your mind?

Yeah, a long long time ago. But at least I never had sex with an article of clothing. :sockfucker:

Angel
08-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah, a long long time ago. But at least I never had sex with an article of clothing. :sockfucker:

What,not even dry humping your girlfriends jeans when you were 13? (With her in them) :biggrin:

FORD
08-14-2012, 02:13 AM
What,not even dry humping your girlfriends jeans when you were 13? (With her in them) :biggrin:

Well, that's different when the object is to get her pants off...... not get off on the pants. Or socks.

DONNIEP
08-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Well, that's different when the object is to get her pants off...... not get off on the pants. Or socks.

Damn right!! I've humped many a girl who was completely clothed with the sole intent to remove said pants and then get down to the business of bangin' her brains out.

But fucking one's own sock? I don't get it.