PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian Anti-Semite Finds Out He's Jewish!

FORD
08-15-2012, 09:46 PM
One of Hungary’s leading anti-Jewish far-rightists is revealed to be Jewish
Following weeks of Internet rumors, lawmaker Csanad Szegedi acknowledged that his grandparents on his mother’s side were Jews. Since then, the 30-year-old has become a pariah in the far-right Jobbik Party and his political career is on the brink of collapse.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/anti-semitic-hungarian-politician-discovers-jewish-article-1.1136692)
Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 11:33 AM

As a rising star in Hungary's far-right Jobbik Party, Csanad Szegedi was notorious for his incendiary comments on Jews: He accused them of "buying up" the country, railed about the "Jewishness" of the political elite and claimed Jews were desecrating national symbols.

Then came a revelation that knocked him off his perch as ultra-nationalist standard-bearer: Szegedi himself is a Jew.

Following weeks of Internet rumors, Szegedi acknowledged in June that his grandparents on his mother's side were Jews - making him one too under Jewish law, even though he doesn't practice the faith. His grandmother was an Auschwitz survivor and his grandfather a veteran of forced labor camps.

Since then, the 30-year-old has become a pariah in Jobbik, and his political career is on the brink of collapse. He declined to be interviewed for this story.

At the root of the drama is an audiotape of a 2010 meeting between Szegedi and a convicted felon. Szegedi acknowledges that the meeting took place but contends the tape was altered in unspecified ways; Jobbik considers it real.

In the recording, the felon is heard confronting Szegedi with evidence of his Jewish roots. Szegedi sounds surprised, then offers money and favors in exchange for keeping quiet.

Under pressure, Szegedi resigned last month from all party positions and gave up his Jobbik membership. That wasn't good enough for the party: Last week it asked him to give up his seat in the European Parliament as well. Jobbik says its issue is the suspected bribery, not his Jewish roots.

Szegedi came to prominence in 2007 as a founding member of the Hungarian Guard, a group whose black uniforms and striped flags recalled the Arrow Cross, a pro-Nazi party that briefly governed Hungary at the end of World War II and killed thousands of Jews. In all, 550,000 Hungarian Jews were killed during the Holocaust, most of them after being sent in trains to death camps like Auschwitz. The Hungarian Guard was banned by the courts in 2009.

By then, Szegedi had already joined the Jobbik Party, which was launched in 2003 to become the country's biggest far-right political force. He soon became one of its most vocal and visible members, and a pillar of the party leadership. Since 2009, he has served in the European Parliament in Brussels as one of the party's three EU lawmakers, a position he says he wants to keep.

The fallout of Szegedi's ancestry saga has extended to his business interests. Jobbik executive director Gabor Szabo is pulling out of an Internet site selling nationalist Hungarian merchandise that he owns with Szegedi. Szabo said his sister has resigned as Szegedi's personal assistant.

In the 2010 tape, former convict Zoltan Ambrus is heard telling Szegedi that he has documents proving Szegedi is Jewish. The right-wing politician seems genuinely surprised by the news - and offers EU funds and a possible EU job to Ambrus to hush it up.

Ambrus, who served time in prison on a weapons and explosives conviction, apparently rejected the bribes. He said he secretly taped the conversation as part of an internal Jobbik power struggle aimed at ousting Szegedi from a local party leadership post. The party's reaction was swift.

"We have no alternative but to ask him to return his EU mandate," said Jobbik president Gabor Vona. "Jobbik does not investigate the heritage of its members or leadership but instead takes into consideration what they have done for the nation."

Szegedi's experience is not unique: The Holocaust was a taboo subject during Hungary's decades of communist rule that ended in 1990, and many survivors chose to keep their ordeals to themselves. Russian far-right firebrand Vladimir Zhirinovsky was anti-Semitic until he acknowledged in 2001 that his father was Jewish.

Szegedi, who was raised Presbyterian, acknowledged his Jewish origins in June interviews with Hungarian media, including news broadcaster Hir TV and Barikad, Jobbik's weekly magazine. He said that after the meeting with Ambrus, he had a long conversation with his grandmother, who spoke about her family's past as Orthodox Jews.

"It was then that it dawned on me that my grandmother really is Jewish," Szegedi told Hir TV. "I asked her how the deportations happened. She was in Auschwitz and Dachau and she was the only survivor in the extended family."

Judaism is traced from mother to child, meaning that under Jewish law Szegedi is Jewish. Szegedi said he defines himself as someone with "ancestry of Jewish origin - because I declare myself 100 percent Hungarian."

In the interview with Hir TV, Szegedi denied ever having made anti-Semitic statements, but several of his speeches and media appearances show otherwise.

In a November 2010 interview on Hungarian state television, Szegedi blamed the large-scale privatization of state assets after the end of communism on "people in the Hungarian political elite who shielded themselves in their Jewishness."

Speaking on a morning program in late 2010, he said that "the problem the radical right has with the Jews" was that Jewish artists, actors and intellectuals had desecrated Hungary's national symbols like the Holy Crown of St. Stephen, the country's first Christian king.

Szegedi also complained of "massive real estate purchases being done in Hungary, where - it's no secret - they want to bring in Israeli residents."

Szegedi met in early August with Rabbi Slomo Koves, of Hungary's Orthodox Chabad-Lubavitch community, whose own parents were in their teens when they discovered they were Jewish.

"As a rabbi ... it is my duty to receive every person who is in a situation of crisis and especially a Jew who has just now faced his heritage," Koves said.

During the meeting, Szegedi apologized for any statements which may have offended the Jewish community, and vowed to visit Auschwitz to pay his respects.

Koves described the conversation as "difficult and spiritually stressful," but said he is hopeful for a successful outcome.

"Csanad Szegedi is in the middle of a difficult process of reparation, self-knowledge, re-evaluation and learning, which according to our hopes and interests, should conclude in a positive manner," Koves said. "Whether this will occur or not is first and foremost up to him."

jhale667
08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow, define "self-loathing"...

LoungeMachine
08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Well this will surely go 144 pages......

:gulp:

DONNIEP
08-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I got just two words for ya - Clayton Bigsby. :biggrin:

FORD
08-15-2012, 10:19 PM
I got just two words for ya - Clayton Bigsby. :biggrin:

Well.... at least he had the excuse of being blind!

DONNIEP
08-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Well.... at least he had the excuse of being blind!

First time I saw it I laughed so hard I was actually in pain...

jhale667
08-15-2012, 11:51 PM
First time I saw it I laughed so hard I was actually in pain...

Yeah, that is one of Chappelle's all-time funniest bits. That and "When keeping it real goes horribly wrong". :biggrin:

DONNIEP
08-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah, that is one of Chappelle's all-time funniest bits. That and "When keeping it real goes horribly wrong". :biggrin:

Anybody see the bit where he played a milkman? I think I could get banned just for mentioning it :biggrin:

Little Texan
08-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Anybody see the bit where he played a milkman? I think I could get banned just for mentioning it :biggrin:

DONNIEP
08-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Oh shit... You're gonna have all kinds of hell rain down on you now.

BigBadBrian
08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Is being a Jew a religious or racial trait?

The same can be said for Catholicism.

If ones parents were Catholic, does that make them a Catholic?

Seshmeister
08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Being Jewish is usually seen as a race and a religion.

Catholicism is only a religion.

jhale667
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
The Nazis certainly considered the Jews to be a race, didn't they, Brie?

Only by baptism is one considered Catholic.

Nickdfresh
08-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Is being a Jew a religious or racial trait?

The same can be said for Catholicism.

If ones parents were Catholic, does that make them a Catholic?

Mental masturbation. You can just as easily ask: "is a non-practicing person of Jewish heritage a Jew or not?" And you might want to direct your question at the State of Israel, which seems to have different rights and criteria of "Israeli Jews" and non-Jews. I only mention that since you seem to have unquestioning support for their policies supported on our taxpayer dole...

clarathecarrot
08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
You are whattever your parents put down on your birth certificate.

or like Obamma you are a nothing if they leave you as a blank.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I think jews are both religious group and a group of people that share same culture. But they are under the same ethnic category as all semites. But even if you are not a religious person you can still be called jewish.

This is something I myself have thought a lot about since I am a mix of many both nationalities and religions, but I was born in another place, but I grew up in totally different place. So when people ask me what I am I have no idea what to say, if I don't wanna explain the long version, which I often don't wanna do with strangers.

Is it really important? Who knows. Maybe depends on how much weight each individual puts into it. To me it has never been important, maybe since I myself am a blend, a "nothing". Or maybe cause my parents always made sure I was exposed to both catholicism, orthodox, judism, islam etc. Throgh my childhood it has been normal for me to go to catholic church on christmas, orthodox church on their christmas, visit dads friend who converted to judism at the temple, etc.

But I have hard time beliving that this guy had NO idea about who his grandparents were.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Being Jewish is usually seen as a race and a religion.

Catholicism is only a religion.

I don't think it's a race. It's not even an ethnic group, they are semites which is their ethnic group, but there are many more that are semites but not jewish. I don't know what it's called, maybe cultural group or something. And religion of course.

fourthcoming
08-16-2012, 12:21 PM
but i have hard time beliving that this guy had no idea about who his grandparents were.

agreed

BigBadBrian
08-16-2012, 02:01 PM
I think jews are both religious group and a group of people that share same culture. But they are under the same ethnic category as all semites. But even if you are not a religious person you can still be called jewish.

This is something I myself have thought a lot about since I am a mix of many both nationalities and religions, but I was born in another place, but I grew up in totally different place. So when people ask me what I am I have no idea what to say, if I don't wanna explain the long version, which I often don't wanna do with strangers.

Is it really important? Who knows. Maybe depends on how much weight each individual puts into it. To me it has never been important, maybe since I myself am a blend, a "nothing". Or maybe cause my parents always made sure I was exposed to both catholicism, orthodox, judism, islam etc. Throgh my childhood it has been normal for me to go to catholic church on christmas, orthodox church on their christmas, visit dads friend who converted to judism at the temple, etc.

But I have hard time beliving that this guy had NO idea about who his grandparents were.

uhhhhhh.....HUH?

BigBadBrian
08-16-2012, 02:07 PM
The Nazis certainly considered the Jews to be a race, didn't they, Brie?

Only by baptism is one considered Catholic.

My original question was meant to be rhetorical.

I don't believe that Judaism is a race. Since Hitler did, I can understand why you follow along, jhale.

On the other hand, I also know Catholics who believe that if someone has a majority of grandparents as Catholics, that makes a person automatically a Catholic whether they practice the religion or not. That concept is racial and not religious in nature.

Satan
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Well, you have people like Ayn Rand, for example. An atheist who hates God, and anything good ever done in the name of any religion. But still called herself a Jew.

So how would you categorize her? Obviously not a religious thing there.

Nickdfresh
08-16-2012, 02:16 PM

So was mine, the one you ignored...

I don't believe that Judaism is a race. Since Hitler did, I can understand why you follow along, jhale.

On the other hand, I also know Catholics who believe that if someone has a majority of grandparents as Catholics, that makes a person automatically a Catholic whether they practice the religion or not. That concept is racial and not religious in nature.

Um, Hitler? The Israelis also believe it is a distinct race, as evidenced by their Apartheid-lite policies towards Israeli Arabs...

clarathecarrot
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Well, you have people like Ayn Rand, for example. An atheist who hates God, and anything good ever done in the name of any religion. But still called herself a Jew.

So how would you categorize her? Obviously not a religious thing there.

Just cause your Daddy was a communist doesn't mean that you are.

But you are the religion of your birth that is why there is a space for that on your birth certificate. If nothing there you are of no religion by birth rite.

JEW is the demographic, not the religion ...that would be..... hey look at the Hebrew guy...Jew is there place of identity with they're heritage.

These names have been skewed into slang like Kike..Heeb...Mick or Paddy....you almost always know what that means..but it is slang.

A jew could be a catholic by faith...Yes/No?

envy_me
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM

You can't not believe judism is a race. It's a fact that it isn't a race. It's not about believing it or not, it's a fact. Judism is NOT a race. Jewish people are white, caucasian is their race.

Catholics - racial and not religous nature? You certanly don't mean racial, you mean cultural?

Satan
08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
You can't not believe judism is a race. It's a fact that it isn't a race. It's not about believing it or not, it's a fact. Judism is NOT a race. Jewish people are white, caucasian is their race.

I suspect Sammy Davis Jr and Lenny Kravitz might not agree with your definition.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I suspect Sammy Davis Jr and Lenny Kravitz might not agree with your definition.

Race is white, black, asian (not arabic, I mean chinese-kind), native americans/latinos, (pygmes? are there any more?)... Those are races. Then there are ethnic groups in those. Jewish people are white.

Satan
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I just mentioned two Jewish guys who are NOT white.

Now on the other horn, my ethnicity is Angel, but my skin is red, so go figure.....

envy_me
08-16-2012, 02:44 PM

Now on the other horn, my ethnicity is Angel, but my skin is red, so go figure.....

Isn't Lenny a mix?

jhale667
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM

Lenny and Slash refer to themselves as "Blewish". :biggrin:

ELVIS
08-16-2012, 02:53 PM
The idiotic United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race in 1980 and pissed off Jews all around the world because it evoked the nightmare of Nazi Germany...

But regardless of what the US says, Judaism is a religion...

"Secular Jew" is an oxymoron...

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:04 PM
The idiotic United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race in 1980 and pissed off Jews all around the world because it evoked the nightmare of Nazi Germany...

But regardless of what the US says, Judaism is a religion...

"Secular Jew" is an oxymoron...

Maybe people are just confused about the terms... It's bizarre to imply that judism is a race...

Nickdfresh
08-16-2012, 03:09 PM
http://zioneocon.blogspot.com/ethiopian%20jews.jpg

Race is white, black, asian (not arabic, I mean chinese-kind), native americans/latinos, (pygmes? are there any more?)... Those are races. Then there are ethnic groups in those. Jewish people are white.

There is a large community of African Jews, whom are descended from Middle Easterners...

The above men emigrated to Israel and now are in the IDF...

jhale667
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Envy_me is suddenly an expert on race? :headlights:

Nickdfresh
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
From Wiki:

Despite the ongoing debate over the question of who is a Jew among Israeli Jews, the Jewish status of a person, which is considered a matter of "nationality" by the Israeli authorities, is registered and controlled by the Israeli Ministry of the Interior, which requires a person to meet the halakhic definition to be registered as a "Jew". Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics estimated the Israeli Jewish population was 5,901,000 in December 2011 (75.3% of the total population).[7][8] Depending on religious definitions and varying population data, Israel is home to the largest or second largest (after the United States) Jewish community in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Jews

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:14 PM

There is a large community of African Jews, whom are descended from Middle Easterners...

They adapted the religion? They were mixed? They certanly aren't semites. Maybe a mix of two races, white and black? You can't say "there are many black slavic people" but you can say that there are many black catholic people. Or there are many mulatt catholics.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Envy_me is suddenly an expert on race? :headlights:

Suddenly? This isn't sudden :D

Joke aside, expert: no, common knowledge: yes.

fourthcoming
08-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Here in the States, I think more blacks are baptist rather than Catholic. I could be wrong. Go to midtown Manhattan and check out the Black Israelites preaching on the street....now those are some bad mamma jammas.

binnie
08-16-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure that it makes a difference if we define 'Jewish' as a race or as a culture.

Prejudice is prejudice - it is always disgusting.

DONNIEP
08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Go to midtown Manhattan and check out the Black Israelites preaching on the street....now those are some bad mamma jammas.

Down here all we have are chalkies that preach in front of Van Halen concerts :)

Nickdfresh
08-16-2012, 03:26 PM
They adapted the religion? They were mixed? They certanly aren't semites. Maybe a mix of two races, white and black? You can't say "there are many black slavic people" but you can say that there are many black catholic people. Or there are many mulatt catholics.

Technically, I believe Ethiopians are Caucasians. But they would be "mixed" as you put it. But being over race conscious is pretty silly as I believe it is possible for a very white Scandinavian Caucasian to have DNA closer to the darkest African than they do with other Caucasians, IIRC...

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Technically, I believe Ethiopians are Caucasians. But they would be "mixed" as you put it. But being over race conscious is pretty silly as I believe it is possible for a very white Scandinavian Caucasian to have DNA closer to the darkest African than they do with other Caucasians, IIRC...

I think that problem begins first when people start to think that one race is better then the other. Or that one gender is better then the other. Or that this group of people labled as this are better then these over there labled as that...

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
The only race that matters is the Human Race....

And since they can't even seem to take care of their own planet, let alone each other I don't hold alot of hope for them.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:34 PM

And since they can't even seem to take care of their own planet, let alone each other I don't hold alot of hope for them.

Actually, humans are not a race, they are species.
Terminology's a bitch...

DONNIEP
08-16-2012, 03:34 PM

And don't forget - the Ethiopians have the Lost Ark of the Covenant!

binnie
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Careful, Dan will be asking for another one of his 'pants down' group hugs with that kind of talk.

Hippy.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Actually, humans are not a race, they are species.
Terminology's a bitch...

Colloquialism to make a point....

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Careful, Dan will be asking for another one of his 'pants down' group hugs with that kind of talk.

Hippy.

Not falling for that one again......

ELVIS got all grabby.....

binnie
08-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Not falling for that one again......

ELVIS got all grabby.....

It wasn't ELVIS. It was the CIA.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Colloquialism to make a point....

Bold from somebody throwing the word "ignorance" around ;-)

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Bold from somebody throwing the word "ignorance" around ;-)

You already admitted to your ignorance when it came to our culture, and our Constitution....

Sorry you're still butthurt [another one] and carrying that with you.

Saying you don't care about another country's laws and cultures, but trying to speak with authority on them is ignorant.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Anyway, I think it's important to linguistically seperate things, cause next thing you know, people will win arguments by manipulating with terms. Like Hitler did.

Nickdfresh
08-16-2012, 03:45 PM
It wasn't ELVIS. It was the CIA.

Naw, it was the NSA. They just tell people they're the CIA so they think they're Naval Intelligence...

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/TLW_Lldw-gg/0.jpg

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Anyway, I think it's important to linguistically seperate things, cause next thing you know, people will win arguments by manipulating with terms. Like Hitler did.

Or point out spelling errors?

Yes, I'm Hilter-esque, aren't I?

:lmao:

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:48 PM
You already admitted to your ignorance when it came to our culture, and our Constitution....

Sorry you're still butthurt [another one] and carrying that with you.

Saying you don't care about another country's laws and cultures, but trying to speak with authority on them is ignorant.

You see, that is not what I said, I didn't say I don't care, I said I didn't know your laws. Do you know the laws in Sweden? Don't put words in my mouth, cause here it's all in writing. If I didn't care I would never have posted in that thread in the first place. After I tried to argue, and people like yourself misunderstood what I said on purpose, I got frustrated and said "whatever, do what you want, I don't care".

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Or point out spelling errors?

Yes, I'm Hilter-esque, aren't I?

Lets spell in Swedish? ;-)

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Lets spell in Swedish? ;-)

*Let's

I don't claim to be an expert on all things Swedish. Although I did own a Volvo once.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 03:52 PM
*Let's

I don't claim to be an expert on all things Swedish. Although I did own a Volvo once.

Or Croatian... Or German. Your choice ;-) Even Italian.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
You see, that is not what I said, I didn't say I don't care, I said I didn't know your laws. Do you know the laws in Sweden? Don't put words in my mouth, cause here it's all in writing. If I didn't care I would never have posted in that thread in the first place. After I tried to argue, and people like yourself misunderstood what I said on purpose, I got frustrated and said "whatever, do what you want, I don't care".

Yeah, your last sentence makes everything else in your post irrelevant. That is what I am saying, there is no desire to change it. So shoot away. I'm in Europe, I don't care...

Yes, I remember the thread well. Your ignorance turned to apathy. Which is why I don't care what you think.

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I got frustrated and said "whatever, do what you want, I don't care".

seems the same as

So shoot away. I'm in Europe, I don't care...

not the same as, what you claimed

Saying you don't care about another country's laws and cultures

You are one of the most manipulative people I've "met"..

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:13 PM

Ok. Thank you.

Now how about some more posts on perfumes?

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:16 PM

Ok. Thank you.

Now how about some more posts on perfumes?

See how you change focus when you get owned with facts? I am not gonna discuss with you anymore, half of the time goes to call out your double standard and manipulation. Good bye!

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:17 PM
See how you change focus when you get owned with facts? I am not gonna discuss with you anymore, half of the time goes to call out your double standard and manipulation. Good bye!

Ta ta!

I will miss you...... :biggrin:

ELVIS
08-16-2012, 04:18 PM
It's bizarre to imply that judism is a race...

Not in this propaganda driven country...

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Not in this propaganda driven country...

I actually agree with you.

ELVIS
08-16-2012, 04:24 PM
It's fun watching LoneMolester get owned by the Swedish bird...

:biggrin:

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:26 PM

He likes to manipulate, too bad he isn't better at it :D

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:27 PM

You probably still think he's a she......

The same one who had never HEARD of the Second Amendment but felt qualified to debate gun laws and culture in our country.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:29 PM
He likes to manipulate, too bad he isn't better at it :D

You are one of the most manipulative people I've "met"..

Make up your mind....... :)

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:29 PM

Now he's trying to seem uneffected enough to make a joke and at the same time throw in a personal attack.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Now he's trying to seem uneffected enough to make a joke and at the same time throw in a personal attack.

LOL

If you think you "effect" me you're mistaken.

But I do enjoy watching you fool the boys here......

ELVIS
I actually agree with you.

Our people have been totally dumbed down...

Like you said, language is important and college educated idiots in this country have almost zero reading comprehension, and can't string a few coherent sentences together for shit!

They're worried about entertainment rather than their civic duty to keep their representatives feet to the fire...

They don't even know what civic duty is!

Even sadder, the idiots on this board (myself included) are some of the smarter ones who try to pay attention...

:elvis:

envy_me

Make up your mind....... :)

I LOVE to cook but I suck at it ;-)

THIS is the last I'll say to you, promise..

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Our people have been totally dumbed down...

Like you said, language is important and college educated idiots in this country have almost zero reading comprehension, and can't string a few coherent sentences together for shit!

They're worried about entertainment rather than their civic duty to keep their representatives feet to the fire...

They don't even know what civic duty is!

Even sadder, the idiots on this board (myself included) are some of the smarter ones who try to pay attention...

:elvis:

I have been on the both sides. I have been in a war, and I have seen western world report about that same war. Everything is about propaganda.

Just gotta say, it's ALL about the money.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:34 PM
I LOVE to cook but I suck at it ;-)

THIS is the last I'll say to you, promise..

No, it isn't

Trust me, all the trolls have said that. :biggrin:

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM

You just described the low information voter / Faux Knews watcher to a Tee.

What have you done to keep your Rep and your Senators' feet to the fire?

Write a letter?

jhale667
08-16-2012, 04:38 PM
...there are many mulatt catholics.

It's "mulatto", and some of us are recovering catholics, thanks...

:guitar:

ELVIS
08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
What have you done to keep your Rep and your Senators' feet to the fire?

Write a letter?

I pay attention, I go to parish meetings occasionally, I've met my local reps, and I've written a couple of letters on behalf of stupid Cajuns who are nearly illiterate who needed parish council assistance...

envy_me
08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
It's "mulatto", and some of us are recovering catholics, thanks...

:guitar:

Sorry, it's spelled "mulatt" here, I just assumed it's the same.

ELVIS
08-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Sorry, it's spelled "mulatt" here, I just assumed it's the same.

They're interchangeable in some regions...

Assface was just looking for some way to look clever...

Satan
08-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Moses was married to an Ethiopian woman, so no doubt a lot of African Jews descended from her.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I pay attention, I go to parish meetings occasionally, I've met my local reps, and I've written a couple of letters on behalf of stupid Cajuns who are nearly illiterate who needed parish council assistance...

All commendable...

However how is that holding "fee to the fire" exactly?

I'm not claiming I'm doing more, but then unless/until Move To Amend passes, or CU is overturned, you/we can light all the fires we want.

We have legalized Bribery and sold our Congress to the highest bidders. We have no fires to hold them to.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Fee to the fire lol

A typo I was about to edit, but it fits.

ELVIS
08-16-2012, 04:51 PM
All commendable...

I'm not claiming I'm doing more, but then unless/until Move To Amend passes, or CU is overturned, you/we can light all the fires we want.

We have legalized Bribery and sold our Congress to the highest bidders. We have no fires to hold them to.

I hear you dude...

I really don't know how to do more, but I'm trying to learn...

Getting someone to listen or respond in this tiny parish takes quite a bit of effort...

The federal government is a lost cause in that regard...

The only thing I can see helping is rallying people to pay attention and have their voices heard...

But like I said, even in this tiny parish, its about as easy as pulling teeth...

Satan
08-16-2012, 04:52 PM
All commendable...

Speak for yourself..... I still have a fire which they will all be held to......eventually. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Speak for yourself..... I still have a fire which they will all be held to......eventually. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

Sorry man, but you're a figment of some imaginations. You were needed to instill guilt and fear, and because every good story needs both a protagonist as well as an antagonist.

You and your caves are about as real as the talking snake and the big boat.

I'd sooner believe some pictures of some wax model holding a guitar were really a woman posting on the internets.

jhale667
08-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I'd sooner believe some pictures of some wax model holding a guitar were really a woman posting on the internets.

LoungeMachine
08-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Don't you envy him?

Angel
08-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Don't you envy him?

You guys are fucking killing me here! :lmao: :lmao: