PDA

View Full Version : Rosie O'Donnell suffers heart attack....fails to die

fryingdutchman
08-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Rosie O'Donnell says she suffered a heart attack last week and is "lucky to be here."

The 50-year-old comedian detailed the experience on her blog Monday, saying sudden nausea, aches and other symptoms pushed her to do an online search for "women's heart attack symptoms." She took a few aspirin and went to a cardiologist the next day.

She says an artery was 99 percent blocked and a stent was inserted.

O'Donnell writes in a kind of verse on her blog. She says: "Know the symptoms ladies/ listen to the voice inside/ the one we all so easily ignore."

The comedian recently hosted "The Rosie Show" on the Oprah Winfrey Network. It was canceled in March.

fryingdutchman
08-21-2012, 07:44 AM
OK...maybe I'm being a little cruel.

But this psycho-bitch doesn't really deserve a great deal of compassion after showing her true colors.

I don't think I've seen a celebrity do such an incredible personality "U-turn" like she did after her original talk show went off the air. She used to be likeable, and nobody cared about her being an overweight, left-wing radical lesbian. She found ways to express herself while still appearing grounded and "normal."

Then she went fucking nuts and became a complete pariah.

Granted, not all of her antics were repugnant. Watching her go after Trump and knock that pompous douchebag down a few pegs was some pretty compelling shit.

But most of the time she just comes off as crazy and incredibly unbalanced.

Angel
08-21-2012, 08:31 AM
She does have a point about symptoms for women though, they are very different from symptoms in a man. When I had mine, I just thought I had food poisoning or something. I had no chest pains whatsoever.

It wasn't till I had an ECG done that I learned I'd had a previous heart attack. I had no idea! I told my cardio about the weird "food poisoning" incident when I was 18, and he figured that was probably when I had mine.

Interesting that she took aspirin and waited till the next day to see a Dr. This is also common among women. We also don't like to bother people, and will do silly things like drive ourselves to the hospital so that we don't have to "bother" anyone. I once waited until the family was asleep, and then left the house to go to a payphone to call an ambulance because I didn't want to worry anyone unnecessarily.

fryingdutchman
08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
She does have a point about symptoms for women though, they are very different from symptoms in a man. When I had mine, I just thought I had food poisoning or something. I had no chest pains whatsoever.

It wasn't till I had an ECG done that I learned I'd had a previous heart attack. I had no idea! I told my cardio about the weird "food poisoning" incident when I was 18, and he figured that was probably when I had mine.

Interesting that she took aspirin and waited till the next day to see a Dr. This is also common among women. We also don't like to bother people, and will do silly things like drive ourselves to the hospital so that we don't have to "bother" anyone. I once waited until the family was asleep, and then left the house to go to a payphone to call an ambulance because I didn't want to worry anyone unnecessarily.

Good stuff Angel.

Very true about women....many of you like to tough it out and go it alone.

Don't do that!!

Angel
08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Good stuff Angel.

Very true about women....many of you like to tough it out and go it alone.

Don't do that!!

We're really bad that way. I recall asking my cardio to delay my pacemaker surgery until summer when my son would be camping with his Grandpa. His response: "Okay, but the government won't cover your funeral"....I got the surgery.

I completely ignored chest pains last year. I "knew" it was just indigestion, and it was a really inconvenient time. I had just picked up some extra shifts and really needed the money...

Stupid, I know...

fraroc
08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, all I remember of Rosie was that for a good number of years, she hosted the Nickelodeon's Kids Choice awards which I loved watching when I was little (I'm a 90s kid) and she definetly fell off the radar when she announced she was gay and left Nickelodeon (it still seems a bit fishy that she would come out of the closet and leave Nickelodeon at almost the same time) But I did hear that she did some questionable things after the whole Trump debacle. What did she do exactly?

Hardrock69
08-21-2012, 05:03 PM
What really did it for me was when she was co-hosting the Grammys.

She was introducing a performance by Sam Bush and several other bluegrass legends and she did so by saying "Now here is a performance by some people nobody will ever hear of again...".

It was enough to make me want to pull an Elvis and blast the TV with my pistol.

Fucking bitch. Ever since then (with the occasional exception), she has just been a cunt of the lowest order, and the fact that she failed to die is a tragedy in itself.

gbranton
08-21-2012, 05:13 PM
She was introducing a performance by Sam Bush and several other bluegrass legends and she did so by saying "Now here is a performance by some people nobody will ever hear of again..."

Yep, that was truly classless, but sadly pretty typical for her. I would have bought her a few Big Macs to get that last 1%.