PDA

View Full Version : $1B in Marijuana Destroyed by Feds in Raids Over Two-Months

Unchainme
08-22-2012, 04:38 PM
(CNN) — More than $1 billion worth of marijuana has been uprooted from federal lands during a two-month operation targeting illegal pot farms, federal authorities announced Tuesday.
Operation Mountain Sweep has resulted in the destruction of 578,000 marijuana plants, Benjamin B. Wagner, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of California, said in a press release.
The operation, involving agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as well as local agencies, targeted growing sites on public lands in seven Western states — Arizona, California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
Wagner said 14 individuals in California have been indicted on charges resulting from Operation Mountain Sweep. Authorities have shut down 96 pot farms on public lands in California since the operation began July 1, the federal authorities said. Among those pot farms were sites in national forests and parks, including Death Valley National Park.
Besides producing an illegal crop, the pot farms can do long-term damage to public lands by destroying trees and vegetation, introducing chemicals and pesticides, diverting water sources, and generating large amounts of trash.
“Those who cultivate marijuana on public lands pose a safety threat to the public and an environmental threat to the land. Many of the grow sites are controlled by drug trafficking organizations, which arm their cultivators with dangerous firearms. The poisons they spread kill wildlife and native plants and pollute watersheds,” Wagner said in the press release.
The operation will continue through the end of August, authorities said.

http://fox8.com/2012/08/22/1b-in-marijuana-destroyed-by-feds-in-raids-over-two-months/

Awesome.

I for one, enjoy the fact that tax payers money is being used to destroy something that has been proven entirely harmless.

Fucking idiotic. Shut this bullshit war on drugs down.

Jesus Christ
08-22-2012, 05:08 PM
What a horrible thing to do to a harmless plant created by Me and Dad.

hambon4lif
08-22-2012, 05:14 PM
At a quick glance the thread title looked like it said "$18 in Marijuana Destroyed by Feds in Raids Over Two-Months" and I was thinking "That ain't shit! I've roasted twice as much just since Saturday":lmao:

BigBadBrian
08-22-2012, 09:09 PM
At a quick glance the thread title looked like it said "$18 in Marijuana Destroyed by Feds in Raids Over Two-Months" and I was thinking "That ain't shit! I've roasted twice as much just since Saturday":lmao:

So that's what happened to all your brain cells. :gulp:

DONNIEP
08-22-2012, 09:34 PM
A billion dollars worth of weed? They could have just given it to us and saved the taxpayers a fortune.

fourthcoming
08-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Such a bogus war on Marijuana. Just tax the shit out of it already and legalize it. How alcohol is perceived to be any better than weed is rediculous. And the whole gateway drug theory is nonsense. I was stealing my dad's beers at 11.....that was my gateway to experimenting with weed at 15. The feds are still hung up on Marijuana and there is a pill and heroin epidemic going on in this country.

DONNIEP
08-22-2012, 10:10 PM
I have to disagree. Smoking pot nearly killed me. Or maybe it was the mouthful of Tostitos I was cramming in as fast as I could. Damn near choked to death that night :biggrin:

fourthcoming
08-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Lmao.....I miss those days from time to time. Had to give it up.....drug tests at the ol' job. When I get together with my buddies to play music and they are blazing, damn it smells good and it's definitely tempting. I do have to admit I snuck a few tokes at the VH show at MSG back in March. Now if I could just give up those damn cigarrettes.

DONNIEP
08-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, those were the days. I still sneak one every now and then if the kid's not here.

fourthcoming
08-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Man works hard....man needs a break from time to time.

DONNIEP
08-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Man works hard....man needs a break from time to time.

Just don't burn one when you're copying DVDs. The last time I did I wound up with 3 or 4 of the same show and wrote on all of 'em "Van Halen Fucking Rocks!!!"

Yount
08-23-2012, 06:33 AM
"Destroyed" yeah right!

ashstralia
08-23-2012, 07:05 AM
A huge quadrophonic set up with lasers lights and fireworks for that burn off!

Put on 'dark side of the moon' and gimme some pepperoni olive and anchovy... :biggrin:

ELVIS
08-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Just don't burn one when you're copying DVDs. The last time I did I wound up with 3 or 4 of the same show and wrote on all of 'em "Van Halen Fucking Rocks!!!"

Lightweight...

:biggrin:

Angel
08-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Lightweight...

:biggrin:

My thoughts exactly! :lmao:

Seshmeister
08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
What a horrible thing to do to a harmless plant created by Me and Dad.

I think 'harmless' is pushing it a bit JC.

More like 'within acceptable risk levels given it's positive effects and compared to alternative social drugs'.

ashstralia
08-23-2012, 08:11 AM
There's no Mesopotamian word for that sesh...

ODShowtime
08-27-2012, 07:51 PM
smokin' shrubs