PDA

View Full Version : Obama speech moved indoors

baru911
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Guess moving all the homeless people out of Charlotte, NC kind of backfired. Now the DNC doesn’t have enough bodies to fill the stands. ROFLMAO! Wouldn’t want to hear all the crickets and see all those EMPTY seats when the President walked out on stage would we? BTW, the chance of rain according to NOAA is 40% tonight, 40% tomorrow, 30% tomorrow night, 20% on Friday and Friday night.

Can you say epic FAIL for the campaign.

As the Washington DC crowd likes to say..."The optics on this looks very bad".

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/09/obama-speech-moved-indoors-134487.html

Obama speech moved indoors
By BYRON TAU
9/5/12 9:59 AM EDT

Democratic officials confirm to POLITICO that President Obama's prime time address will be moved indoors to the Time Warner Center.

The Thursday address was scheduled to be at Bank of America stadium — an outdoor venue with more than 70,000 seats. But forecasts are predicting thunderstorms, forcing a last minute change in venue.

(Also on POLITICO: Full coverage of the DNC)

Campaign officials have been saying all week that the event would go forward "rain or shine" — but reversed themselves Wednesday.

The move has an upside for the campaign, which has reportedly struggled to fill all the seats in the massive outdoor arena. Still, the arena only has a capacity of just over 20,000 — meaning that tens of thousands of potential supporters will be denied the opportunity to see Obama speak.

In a statement, the DNC organizing committee CEO Steve Kerrigan said: "The energy and enthusiasm for our convention in Charlotte has been overwhelming and we share the disappointment of over 65,000 people who signed up for community credentials to be there with the President in person. We encourage our community credential holders and Americans across the country to continue to come together with their friends and neighbors to watch and participate in history. The President will speak to these credential holders on a national conference call tomorrow afternoon, and we will work with the campaign to ensure that those unable to attend tomorrow's event will be invited to see the President between now and election day."

Obama's speech at Bank of America stadium was expected to be a sequel to his 2008 acceptance speech at Invesco Field in Denver, where he accepted the Democratic nomination in front of almost 80,000 supporters. That speech went off without a hitch, despite the risks and uncertainty of holding such an event outdoors.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2012, 10:38 AM
WTF are you talking about?

They just said they had 19,000 on the waiting list....

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
By the way, the real threat isn't the rain, it's the lightning.....

jhale667
09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Seems baru911 lives in an alternate Alex Jones reality much like ELBOW...

FORD
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Well you would have to live in fantasy land to believe BlacKKKwater served a legitimate purpose, I guess.

jhale667
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Well you would have to live in fantasy land to believe BlacKKKwater served a legitimate purpose, I guess.

Or that calling out them and the Glenn BecKKKs of the world for their obvious racisim does not make YOU the racist.

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Can you say epic FAIL for the campaign.

Really dude? Are you mental? Talk about 'reaching'...

jhale667
09-05-2012, 01:11 PM
The majority of his posts are "reaching". He yammers tired Repuke talking points and platitudes, and when he (rightfully) gets called on his bullshit he cries "you guys can't handle facts" - as if he's even presented any!! And accusing FORD of being racist is fucking stupid, seriously. :rolleyes:

FORD
09-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Or that calling out them and the Glenn BecKKKs of the world for their obvious racisim does not make YOU the racist.

Nurse Presley has been doing that a lot lately too. Apparently it's the latest strategy from FAUX and hate radio, that the "real" racists are the (imaginary) "reverse" racists who want to "oppress" the white man and drive the "superior" race out of existence.

BigBadBrian
09-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Guess moving all the homeless people out of Charlotte, NC kind of backfired. Now the DNC doesn’t have enough bodies to fill the stands. ROFLMAO!

Exactly! Even the DNC admits there would have been about 50,000 empty seats had they had the event outdoors like originally planned. A storm is actually saving Barack much embarrassment on this. It IS an epic fail for the Obama Campaign to not be able to round up an outdoors crowd the size they originally wanted, though our Libtard friends will never admit as much. :clap::clap::clap:

envy_me
09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Exactly! Even the DNC admits there would have been about 50,000 empty seats had they had the event outdoors like originally planned. A storm is actually saving Barack much embarrassment on this. It IS an epic fail for the Obama Campaign to not be able to round up an outdoors crowd the size they originally wanted, though our Libtard friends will never admit as much. :clap::clap::clap:

Write in bigger letters, that will make it even more true :D

BigBadBrian
09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
The majority of his posts are "reaching". He yammers tired Repuke talking points and platitudes, and when he (rightfully) gets called on his bullshit he cries "you guys can't handle facts" - as if he's even presented any!! And accusing FORD of being racist is fucking stupid, seriously. :rolleyes:

You guys ARE racists. Giving a certain group a handout because you don't think they can live according to their own merit is extremely racist behavior. You guys should really be ashamed, though I think gayhale is the most racist one, not FORD. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Write in bigger letters, that will make it even more true :D

Quiet, dingbat!

"Two Norwegians were talking. "Do you know how to save a Swede from drowning?" the one said. "No," his friend said after a little while. The first Norwegian grinned, "Oh, That`s good."

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Um, no they didn't. There were 65,000 signed "Community Credentials" to see him speak. Who gives a shit if a few seats would have been empty? Another non-issue for 'tards...

envy_me
09-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Quiet, dingbat!

"Two Norwegians were talking. "Do you know how to save a Swede from drowning?" the one said. "No," his friend said after a little while. The first Norwegian grinned, "Oh, That`s good."

Those darn Norwegians... I KNEW it :D

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 01:42 PM
You guys ARE racists. Giving a certain group a handout because you don't think they can live according to their own merit is extremely racist behavior. You guys should really be ashamed, though I think gayhale is the most racist one, not FORD. :gulp:

I didn't know Jhale and Ford hated (mostly) white, wealthy people so much!

FORD
09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Nurse Presley has been doing that a lot lately too. Apparently it's the latest strategy from FAUX and hate radio, that the "real" racists are the (imaginary) "reverse" racists who want to "oppress" the white man and drive the "superior" race out of existence.

I rest my case. :cool:

BigBadBrian
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I rest my case. :cool:

I KNEW you wouldn't understand.

FORD
09-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Well, I don't have much use for inheritance rich leeches, or for criminal scumbags who got rich through theft (as opposed to actually creating something of value). But I could care less what the race, religion, or sexual orientation of such people are.

BigBadBrian
09-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Only Christians and Republicans. Other than that, they hate blacks (which is kind of ironic for gayhale) and Latinos. You know, the ones they feel need a handout...but certainly do not. They are just as productive as the next person but you'd never know that according to most Liberals. :gulp:

FORD
09-05-2012, 01:57 PM

Oh, I understand completely....

Just another example of "The Big Lie" used by the Repukes, following the example of those guys Prescott Bush funded back in the 1930s :meinsmiley:

Actually rural white folks make up the majority of welfare recipients. And that's not even accounting for corporate welfare, which obviously costs the taxpayers a lot more than people who actually need some temporary assistance.

envy_me
09-05-2012, 01:58 PM

There is only a small, exclusive group of people that understand a complete lunatic.

jhale667
09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Neither did we...

jhale667
09-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Only Christians and Republicans. Other than that, they hate blacks (which is kind of ironic for gayhale) and Latinos. You know, the ones they feel need a handout...but certainly do not. They are just as productive as the next person but you'd never know that according to most Liberals. :gulp:

You do realize everyone knows you're making up this bullshit as you go along, right? That didn't even make sense. And posting in a huge font didn't make your other post any less of a pile of shit.

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 05:08 PM
The only thing I have to say about the convention is that it totally fucked up my ride home. Since Obama descended from the heavens shortly before 3 they shut down half the damn freeways and it was pure hell getting back out to my Compound :biggrin:

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM

No, I think Obaabaabaama is going to win...

Even Michelle Obama Kicked Romney's ass last night...

The big production, the soaring music, she did well. And at times, she actually looked as if she wasn't reading anything (very Clintonesque) at all...

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
So sad...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw17HJ2YPVbTb-tFFEzyCKKGzq_9xJG-0lVKCufpYI4QDrCbOpHg

So sad.. Obama the imposter president is gonna win again...

People are stupid...

:elvis:

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I'll bet it hurts to have your head cut off like that...

Poor Oblama...

:sad:

envy_me
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
...and then people complain about my threads...

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
baby, I mean, man...

This thread kicks your thread's asses...

:biggrin:

FORD
09-05-2012, 06:42 PM
At least Obama will WIN both elections. As opposed to the last asshole who didn't win either one of them, but occupied the White House anyway.

The entire world had sad faces for 8 years because of that :(

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 06:54 PM
It wasn't that bad, FORD...

Had 9/11 NOT HAPPENED, Bush would have been seen as a pretty good president...

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
At least Obama will WIN both elections. As opposed to the last asshole who didn't win either one of them, but occupied the White House anyway.

The entire world had sad faces for 8 years because of that :(

Can't you get over that and see that the same bullshit happens on both sides ??

It's all bullshit while the Federal Reserve hands out 16 TRILLION of our money (that we're allowed to know of) to the Big fraud Banks...

it's bullshit...

FORD
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM

I doubt it. Even if he hadn't murdered 3000 people in NYC, and 1500 or so more in your backyard, started two illegal wars, and wiped his ass with the Constitution, he probably still would have trashed the economy, as he was already giving tax "cuts" to the tax dodging billionaires even before Reichstag II.

FORD
09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Can't you get over that and see that the same bullshit happens on both sides ??

It's all bullshit while the Federal Reserve hands out 16 TRILLION of our money (that we're allowed to know of) to the Big fraud Banks...

it's bullshit...

I wasn't endorsing Obama. I was just saying that at least he was actually elected. And will be again.

Though he IS a better option than Mittens/Munster. Call it Purgatory vs Hell. Neither one is paradise, but given the choice I'll take the room where the A/C still works.

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
This thread is retarded, combining with some other piece of shit Obama thread...

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Anyone know approximately what time Obama is speaking?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Anyone know approximately what time Obama is speaking?

Tomorrow between 10-11 ET...

Bill and Biden are tonight...

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Goddamnit! I was going out to watch football and look at scantily clad college girls fetch me beer and flirt with me! But I gots'tah watch Bill and Joe, might be better than the fricken game...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I stand corrected, Biden is tomorrow also....

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Bill is worth the price of admission alone, I imagine he's a closer (about 10pm?)...

FORD
09-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I would think that Biden was the "headliner" tonight, since the Veep's acceptance speech is supposed to be the main act on Wednesday (as it was with Eddie Munster's speech last week. Both conventions follow the same general format).

Elizabeth Warren is also speaking tonight. She might be the only one speaking who sounds like an ACTUAL Democrat. :(

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Bill is worth the price of admission alone, I imagine he's a closer (about 10pm?)...

Get your lips ready...

Seshmeister
09-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Up until that point he was on vacation and did nothing so I guess a pretty good libertarian president.

Nickdfresh
09-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Get your lips ready...

Nah, tell your wife I'm too tired tonight...

gbranton
09-05-2012, 09:15 PM
By the way, the real threat isn't the rain, it's the lightning.....

I don't blame him, if I had told that many fucking lies to that many people I wouldn't want to push my luck either.

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm just glad I don't have to get back on 77 until Monday. Although I did love seeing all the guns in plain view all up and down the freeway, what with all the cops closing off all the off-ramps. Kinda ironic...

baru911
09-05-2012, 11:46 PM

So, the facts are:
The DNC booked a stadium.
The DNC attempted to fill the stadium with people to see Obama.
People didn't want to see the President in the numbers they had last time around. (Aids state that they would have been forced to bus in people from neighboring states. Link:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9523135/US-Election-Barack-Obama-moves-stadium-speech-to-indoor-arena.html)
The stadium would have been partially filled.
Empty seats would have looked VERY bad.
The DNC came up with a lame ass excuse of we have to cancel due to lightning issues.
The DNC pulls the plug on the stadium
NOAA's 7 day forcast for the Charlotte, NC area has a 30% chance of Scattered Thunderstorms for thursday night. A 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms? Say it ain't so Joe! Lightning is so scary! (If you had tickets to a DLR concert or the current line-up of Van Halen would you cancel seeing him based on a 30% of scattered thunderstorms? I wouldn't and I'd bet you wouldn't either).
All the liberal kool aid drinkers that have posted in this thread get uptight and whine when I post a thread calling "bullshit" on the simplistic see through lie the DNC lays out this morning.

What I find the funniest is that you keep lumping me in as a supporter of Mitt Romney. I have stated an other thread that I can't support him, and yet you continue to lump me as some kind of Mitt guy. Just because I don't like Rocky Road, and the current President's policies doesn't mean I'm a Mitt supporter. I never posted in any RNC convention threads defending the RNC and its activities. Sorry man, ain't my gig in life. So, as far as the facts go you're batting 0%.

Another fact you didn't know about my views to blow your mind....I don't think we should be fighting in Afghanistan either. We should have pulled out of there after year 3, maybe 4.

Oh, and yes - In my opinion FORD is a racist.

SunisinuS
09-06-2012, 12:24 AM
People that vote Republican do this trickle down:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/09/05/vo-boaters-thrown-in-accident.lake-tv-mylaketv

...What happened....as the girl searches for her teeth....and you can tell it is Romney...no health care....and the women's bikini tops never come off.....

There he is at the helm.....Romney you look so kewl!

jhale667
09-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Here's a fact I'm 100% on: You cry wolf about racism. Oh look, you did it again!

And your "expert opinion" is based on the fact you've been here 3 months, FFS. You're completely mistaken in that opinion.

DONNIEP
09-06-2012, 02:10 AM
You can say what you want to about Ford...but calling him a racist is retarded.

BigBadBrian
09-06-2012, 06:52 AM
So sad.. Obama the imposter president is gonna win again...

People are stupid...

http://www.7hawksmedia.com/onpoint/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/YO-MOMMA-HOW-STUPID-ARE-YOU.jpg

BigBadBrian
09-06-2012, 06:53 AM
I would think that Biden was the "headliner" tonight, since the Veep's acceptance speech is supposed to be the main act on Wednesday (as it was with Eddie Munster's speech last week. Both conventions follow the same general format).

Elizabeth Warren is also speaking tonight. She might be the only one speaking who sounds like an ACTUAL Democrat. :(

How in the hell can you actually watch that political shit when the NFL kicked off last night?

Nickdfresh
09-06-2012, 07:13 AM
So, the facts are:
The DNC booked a stadium.
The DNC attempted to fill the stadium with people to see Obama.
People didn't want to see the President in the numbers they had last time around. (Aids state that they would have been forced to bus in people from neighboring states. Link:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9523135/US-Election-Barack-Obama-moves-stadium-speech-to-indoor-arena.html)
The stadium would have been partially filled.
Empty seats would have looked VERY bad.
The DNC came up with a lame ass excuse of we have to cancel due to lightning issues.
The DNC pulls the plug on the stadium
NOAA's 7 day forcast for the Charlotte, NC area has a 30% chance of Scattered Thunderstorms for thursday night. A 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms? Say it ain't so Joe! Lightning is so scary! (If you had tickets to a DLR concert or the current line-up of Van Halen would you cancel seeing him based on a 30% of scattered thunderstorms? I wouldn't and I'd bet you wouldn't either).
All the liberal kool aid drinkers that have posted in this thread get uptight and whine when I post a thread calling "bullshit" on the simplistic see through lie the DNC lays out this morning.

What I find the funniest is that you keep lumping me in as a supporter of Mitt Romney. I have stated an other thread that I can't support him, and yet you continue to lump me as some kind of Mitt guy. Just because I don't like Rocky Road, and the current President's policies doesn't mean I'm a Mitt supporter. I never posted in any RNC convention threads defending the RNC and its activities. Sorry man, ain't my gig in life. So, as far as the facts go you're batting 0%.

Another fact you didn't know about my views to blow your mind....I don't think we should be fighting in Afghanistan either. We should have pulled out of there after year 3, maybe 4.

The fact is that nobody gives a shit and it's a complete nonissue. I know, I know. You're not really a Republican. You just regurgitate their talking points faithfully because no one else could possibly give a flying fuck where the President is speaking at a DNC convention. Incidentally, as of last night it was a 40% chance of thunderstorms for the day, and 30% at night, which is actually a 70% chance for the entire time people would be assembling in a stadium...

Nickdfresh
09-06-2012, 07:14 AM
How in the hell can you actually watch that political shit when the NFL kicked off last night?

Because Tony rHomo actually had a good game...

BigBadBrian
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Because Tony rHomo actually had a good game...

Ha Ha I agree. This is a do-or-die year for Romo.