PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol, drinks, beer, rom, alcohol...

Pages : [1] 2 3

envy_me
09-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Well, I am on vacation. Just had a rom drink and some JD that I drank with a straw, cause that's the only way I can drink it. I have to pick my eyebrows later on, and that's the worst pain ever, so I HAVE to numb it.

I LOVE Somersby cider. It's pretty weak, but still... Tomorrow, I am gonna go out with my friend and I wanna try martini for the first time in my life. That's the goal :D Any other drink I should try, that you guys recommend? What's your favorite drink?

Here's Somersby:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/envy_me_castor/Natur/048.jpg

envy_me
09-05-2012, 02:03 PM
And I can't swear that I would go on Facebook and like Ladysmith Black Mambazo if it wasn't for the rom.

FORD
09-05-2012, 02:22 PM
2.25% alcohol??

What the fuck kind of weak cider is that?

God, even the lame shit in the US is 5%. Guess the Canucks still have the best cider. :guzzle:

http://www.growerscider.com/assets/images/pods/XDApple.png

Growers has been Canada's Cider since 1927.
It contains 7% alcohol and is made with 100% all natural flavours.
Perfect for any occasion, serve Growers over ice and you won't be disappointed.

http://www.growerscider.com

envy_me
09-05-2012, 02:27 PM
2.25% alcohol??

God, even the lame shit in the US is 5%. Guess the Canucks still have the best cider. :guzzle:

LMAO!!! I know!!! Here in Sweden alcohol isn't sold in usual grocery stores. There is only one place you can find alcohol, and that is Systembolaget. The goverment has monopol on all alcohol. But my cider is so weak it's sold in regular grocery stores :D
But it tastes SO good. Almost as good as cocacola.

5%, you can't sell that anywhere else but Systembolaget. No profit my ass http://www.systembolaget.se/English/

FORD
09-05-2012, 02:36 PM
In Canada, you can't even get the weak stuff in the grocery stores. It's all at the government store. Beer, cider, wine, the hard stuff.... don't matter.

In the US it varies from state to state. They just started allowing the hard stuff in grocery stores here a couple months ago, and it will probably prove to be a huge mistake, as the prices have already gone up on the booze, and even the beer, though it was already sold in stores. Haven't seen the drunk driving statistics yet, but I imagine they will increase as well. Considering the former state stores closed at 8:00 PM and now the drunks can buy anything up until 2:00 AM :bottle:

envy_me
09-05-2012, 02:52 PM
In Canada, you can't even get the weak stuff in the grocery stores. It's all at the government store. Beer, cider, wine, the hard stuff.... don't matter.

In the US it varies from state to state. They just started allowing the hard stuff in grocery stores here a couple months ago, and it will probably prove to be a huge mistake, as the prices have already gone up on the booze, and even the beer, though it was already sold in stores. Haven't seen the drunk driving statistics yet, but I imagine they will increase as well. Considering the former state stores closed at 8:00 PM and now the drunks can buy anything up until 2:00 AM :bottle:

In Croatia, there are no such things as goverment alcohol stores. All booze is in normal grocery stores. And there would be no point when everybody makes wine. My grandparents used to make wine and olive oil and sell it. Alcohol is extremely cheap there. 1 liter of wine is maybe 2 dollars.

binnie
09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Is Ladysmith Black Mambazo really drinking music?

envy_me
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Is Ladysmith Black Mambazo really drinking music?

hahaha, no it's not. I just get in a such love-mode when I drink. I LOVE everybody, even Ladysmith Black Mambazo :D

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Any other drink I should try, that you guys recommend?

Yes, drink lots and lots of Newcastle brown ale.

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Yes, drink lots and lots of Newcastle brown ale.

Your an evil man :biggrin:

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Your an evil man :biggrin:

I was gonna tell her to have a glass or two of Grand Marnier straight up as a nightcap - she'd sleep for three days :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 05:09 PM
She could always try wild turkey.
That stuff kills me , when I drink it I can feel my brain cells packing their bags before the hangover kicks In.

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Ah, that's why I stick to beer usually. Not nearly as painful. But I do like Jack, although I usually wake up with over half the bottle gone and cannot remember how that happened :)

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
The beer pixies steal it ... They are bastards :biggrin:

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
They are complete bastards!! :)

envy_me
09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Ah, that's why I stick to beer usually. Not nearly as painful. But I do like Jack, although I usually wake up with over half the bottle gone and cannot remember how that happened :)

HALF BOTTLE???? OMG!!! I just drank maybe a half deciliter, and I am ready for black-out. Now I am trying to avoid the hang over with rehydration therapy.

Has anybody here tried martini? What does it taste like?

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I haven't , tho Donniep is a bond fan, he might have had a vodka martini shaken not stirred :)

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Well, I am on vacation. Just had a rom drink and some JD that I drank with a straw, cause that's the only way I can drink it. I have to pick my eyebrows later on, and that's the worst pain ever, so I HAVE to numb it.

I LOVE Somersby cider. It's pretty weak, but still... Tomorrow, I am gonna go out with my friend and I wanna try martini for the first time in my life. That's the goal :D Any other drink I should try, that you guys recommend? What's your favorite drink?

Here's Somersby:

Will you PLEASE STOP making this place your own personal Myspace page?

Stop making new threads for every little subject in your life.....

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:29 PM

That has got to be the most awesome post you've ever made !!

More awesomer then them all !!!

I love you man !!

I hear ya, too...

:biggrin:

envy_me
09-05-2012, 05:41 PM

It's a general alcohol discussion.

Diamondjimi
09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I love you man !!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23112134.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2012, 05:45 PM
It's a general alcohol discussion.

Trust me, I'm trying to be nice....

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Fo two dolla I make you holla!

Shut the fuck up you fucking fag and stop fucking up the dude's thread !!

Fuck off !!

:mad2:

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey !!

I got this awesome nail polish thread idea !!!

Thumb up!

Just like diamondjerkoff !!

:thumb:

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Well normal programming has been resumed.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey !!

I got this awesome nail polish thread idea !!!

Thumb up!

Just like diamondjerkoff !!

:thumb:

you can merge it to my "goin' home" thread

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Where is home ??

PETE'S BROTHER
09-05-2012, 06:00 PM
where my house is

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Where is home ??

Just down the road from the drive thru beer store :)

PETE'S BROTHER
09-05-2012, 06:05 PM

i gotta stop at the circle k on the corner on my way home, football!!

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
You have drive through beer stores ?

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
We don't even have to get outta the car down here. And really, what's better than a drive up beer store that sells singles in brown paper bags? :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Man that's progress , we don't have them. Cool idea though.

ELVIS
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM

We have drive thru Daiquiri shops here...

190 octane !!

:biggrin:

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
You have drive through beer stores ?

No shit. It's a gas station convenience store but it does have a drive up window and you can get your beer there. That way you're not staggering across the parking lot :)

We used to have a drive up liquor store back in the day. Only in the South :)

vandeleur
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Man we just got McDonald drive throughs a few years back.

It's the uk we just got rid of rationing after the war :biggrin:

We're In the dark ages with some stuff .

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Man we just got McDonald drive throughs a few years back.

It's the uk we just got rid of rationing after the war :biggrin:

We're In the dark ages with some stuff .

Every town needs a drive thru beer store! That way you can pick up your beer on Sunday after church and nobody in town knows :)

envy_me
09-05-2012, 06:23 PM
We don't have anything like that either. Not that it would matter to me since I don't even have driving license. I doubt that the bus would go through the drive through for me.

Even using my GPS in the bus gets kinda boring after a while...

FORD
09-05-2012, 08:02 PM

In Arizona, you can stop at the Circle K on damn near EVERY corner :biggrin:

Dan
09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Holy Shit,So envy_me Is A Fucking Dude.:sockfucker:

Dan
09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Chick With A Dick.:hitch:

gbranton
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM

When I got my first car, we had two of them in my home town. Not only would they sell you a bottle of liquor but for a few dollars extra they would sell you cups of mixer and ice, or just sell you mixed drinks out the window, LOL.

gbranton
09-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I have to pick my eyebrows later on, and that's the worst pain ever.........

In other words, you have never felt any REAL pain, not even a hint of it if you think that shit hurts.

Feel free to start a "what's the worst pain you have ever felt" thread.

chefcraig
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM

We still have one on Sunrise Blvd in Fort Lauderdale, near 31st avenue. It's been there forever, and is named Troy's.

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
We still have one on Sunrise Blvd in Fort Lauderdale, near 31st avenue. It's been there forever, and is named Troy's.

Ours was called Pack & Sack. Back in the 80s this county was dry and you had to go across the river into the next one to get booze. And right over the bridge was a little white building - drive up only - and you could buy your liquor. Things were a lot more laid back then.

gbranton
09-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Things were a lot more laid back then.

Including me.

I was laid a LOT more back then.

DONNIEP
09-05-2012, 08:56 PM
And on that note it's time for the first cold beer of the evening. Nothing but the cheap stuff tonite - Natural Ice. Gonna need the heavy duty TP in the morning :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
09-05-2012, 09:37 PM
In Arizona, you can stop at the Circle K on damn near EVERY corner :biggrin:

si :cato:

ZahZoo
09-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Count your blessings... I live in a dry county. That nearest wet corner is 48.6 miles from my front door.

vandeleur
09-06-2012, 11:46 AM
What the fuck is a dry county , man that's bad unless your referring to the type of cider you all prefer :D

ZahZoo
09-06-2012, 11:51 AM
In some states... like here in Arkansas they've voted to not allow alcohol sales in each individual county from retail.

They do allow permits for private clubs... mostly restaurants or country clubs, although the bible belt thugs fight those aggressively. We have 6 private clubs to go drinking at... but can't buy for home use. I have to drive across two other counties to hit a liquor store. So you plan your drinking and buy in bulk.

lesfunk
09-06-2012, 11:52 AM
2.25% alcohol??

This is what I get 1/4 mile up the road from My house.
B.F. Clyde's Hard cider 14% Alcohol. It will fuck you up.

This is what I get 1/4 mile up the road from my house. B.F. Clyde's Hard Cider 14% alcohol

Seshmeister
09-06-2012, 11:54 AM
In some states... like here in Arkansas they've voted to not allow alcohol sales in each individual county from retail.

They do allow permits for private clubs... mostly restaurants or country clubs, although the bible belt thugs fight those aggressively. We have 6 private clubs to go drinking at... but can't buy for home use. I have to drive across two other counties to hit a liquor store. So you plan your drinking and buy in bulk.

I guess the people who enacted these laws are the same people that mainly go to restaurants and country clubs?

I'd move.

vandeleur
09-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Wooah that's extreme .... I think I would move as well. Them's prehistoric rules.
Harsh if you just fancy a couple with the lads on the spur of the moment ...
The traditional sneaky one :D

vandeleur
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
You guys who are liking the cider ever drink snake bite . It's half lager ,half cider all hangover ?

Seshmeister
09-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Wooah that's extreme .... I think I would move as well. Them's prehistoric rules.
Harsh if you just fancy a couple with the lads on the spur of the moment ...
The traditional sneaky one :D

The big irony is that I bet the people that brought in the laws spent a lot of time talking about living in a land of freedom...

DONNIEP
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
The county I live in is still technically a dry county. However, the individual towns are allowed to hold a vote to determine if the people want alcohol sales in their town. And at this point most of the towns allow alcohol sales. But back in the day you'd have to go "over the river" to get your beer or liquor. Or you'd go to the bootlegger and you could buy it from him - liquor that is, in small quantities. I miss that old guy, old black dude and he'd sell us a couple of pints of hooch back when we were teenagers :)

vandeleur
09-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah , funny how that usually works out

ZahZoo
09-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I guess the people who enacted these laws are the same people that mainly go to restaurants and country clubs?

I'd move.

Nah... The general harebrained mindset against alcohol sales today seems to be centered around the stupid belief that if you limit sales/access then the troubles associated with it are somehow minimized. It's still heavily influenced by the protestant religious outfits here. Current laws only allow a referendum to change things every 4 years and you need 38% of registered voters to petition it onto a ballot... tough number to find with all the churches aggressively fighting against it.

The history of how this came to be is interesting to say the least... dates back to the 1750's and European settlers trying to limit alcohol from the local Indians in the area. 1831 Temperance movement struck down former Spanish laws almost prohibiting alcohol. Then by the 1870's the Women's Christian Temperance movement took root... Then the legislature tried limiting it further through racial angles requiring a majority of white voters to vote to change alcohol laws.

Got real interesting in the 1920's when the Women's Temperance formed a strange alliance with the KKK and once again pushed through further prohibition laws... plus shut down saloons and stills across the state with KKK gangs. In 1933 the state went wet but by 1935 they enacted wet/dry option that each county can enact. The last update to that was in 1993 with the 4 year referendum and 38% petition crap.

Currently I think we're at 43 dry -vs- 32 wet counties... so the tide is slowly shifting. Private clubs are on the increase too.

Bottom line... blame the whole mess on women, Methodists and the KKK...

Forget moving... I just drive down to the store about twice a months and pick up provisions.

Dan
09-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Chick With A Dick.:hitch:

FFS,Noone Is Going To say Anything About This?

ashstralia
09-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Wow! That's some interesting history there, Zah.

We have dry 'camps' in central oz, but it's more about minimizing probs in the indigenous communities. There are still people out there who live like they did 1000 years ago... I'm not saying it's good or bad; that's just how it is.

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Why rules and laws exist is so people can have fun breaking them.

Hardrock69
09-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Here is some good news on a related note.

In Kentucky, a recent Federal court decision made it illegal to ban sales of alcohol in grocery stores.

It is unconstitutional to allow some retail outlets to sell alcohol, but to not allow others to do so.

Zahzoo? You oughta forward this to your local congressman or state representative who is on the side of the liquor interests. They cannot legally ban some retailers in some counties from selling it, while allowing other retailers in other counties to do so.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120814/NEWS02/308140068/Kentucky-federal-court-ruling-adds-steam-Tennessee-debate-liquor-sales

A federal court ruling against a Kentucky law prohibiting wine and liquor sales at grocery stores could energize efforts to loosen similar regulations in Tennessee, business groups said Tuesday.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn II found the neighboring state’s law unconstitutional by preventing grocery and convenience stores from selling liquor and wine but allowing other retailers to do so. The judge said the 70-year-old law violated the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Jarron Springer, president of the Tennessee Grocers & Convenience Store Association, said the ruling in Kentucky should serve as a “wake-up call to legislators that these state laws do need to change.”

Despite the ruling, Springer said it’s unlikely his group would take the state to court as business groups did in Kentucky. That’s because the neighboring state explicitly prohibits grocery stores from selling liquor — the source of its constitutional problem — while Tennessee’s simply restricts liquor and wine stores from selling other products.

Still, one more border state potentially allowing wine sales in grocery stores bolsters his group’s case as it lobbies for legislative changes, Springer said.

“Obviously that does impact any state that is starting to take a look at state laws and how they’re written,” he said. “It would be the sixth state of the eight that border us that allow these types of sales. Tax dollars are going to leave our state from our northern border and go up there.”

Josh Hammond, president of The Tennessee Wine & Spirits Retailers Association, said it’s too early to tell exactly what impact the ruling will have on the debate in Tennessee, where liquor sellers have been battling efforts to loosen restrictions for years.

“There’s no question that it concerns me,” Hammond said. “The big thing is that anything that happens at the state level, it does have repercussions throughout the whole country. And states do take notice of this.”

Hammond, who co-owns a liquor and wine store in Memphis, refuted the idea that the ruling might result in luring Tennessee residents, and their money, to grocery stores in Kentucky.

“If they want to scream about people leaving the state of Tennessee to go shopping, that is absolutely not the case on this side of the state,” he said.

Sen. Bill Ketron, R-Murfreesboro, who has sponsored previous legislation that would loosen liquor laws in the state, was heartened by the Kentucky ruling. He plans to introduce a bill once again in the next session.

“I think that sends a huge signal for the possible passage for legislation here in Tennessee,” he said.

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 04:13 AM
Alcohol exists so we can entertain ourselves laughing at the drunks.

Hardrock69
09-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Of course! That has been it's purpose ever since beer was invented 5,000 years ago....

VHscraps
09-07-2012, 05:25 AM
You guys who are liking the cider ever drink snake bite . It's half lager ,half cider all hangover ?

About 25 years ago I worked in a bar in Maidenhead, Berks, and the Snakebite was popular with the ladies. Rowdy types. They also used to order up something else called a Witches Tit. Can't for the life of me remember what the ingredients were, but I have to say I was sexually harassed after they had consumed a few of those ...

Seshmeister
09-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Bottom line... blame the whole mess on women, Methodists and the KKK...

You can say that about most things... :)

I constantly get asked why I keep pointing out the silliness of Christianity, everyone should be left to believe whatever stuperstition they want.

Problem is that the next thing you know they've taken away your booze and porn and are bullying your neighbor for being a homo.

Seshmeister
09-07-2012, 05:46 AM
About 25 years ago I worked in a bar in Maidenhead, Berks, and the Snakebite was popular with the ladies. Rowdy types. They also used to order up something else called a Witches Tit. Can't for the life of me remember what the ingredients were, but I have to say I was sexually harassed after they had consumed a few of those ...

I only went there once, nearly wrote a blues song about that night...

Woke up one morning, pain in my head
Oh fuck I've left my plane ticket
In an off license in Maidenhead...

Stressful day... :)

vandeleur
09-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Snake bite ... Half stella and half scrumpy jack cider , killer drink .... Makes you bark at the moon and wipes your memory.
Scrapes , Woman drinking snakey they sound like classy ladies :D

Nickdfresh
09-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I always thought it was weird to have such a hard time just buying the archetypical "six pack" while in Pennsylvania. It seems they always want you to purchase a whole case a beer...

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Snake bite ... Half stella and half scrumpy jack cider , killer drink .... Makes you bark at the moon and wipes your memory.

So it's beer and alcoholic apple cider? Sounds like an odd combination. Good stuff? Hell, I'd drink it just because Scrumpy Jack is such a cool name :)

ZahZoo
09-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Here is some good news on a related note.

In Kentucky, a recent Federal court decision made it illegal to ban sales of alcohol in grocery stores.

It is unconstitutional to allow some retail outlets to sell alcohol, but to not allow others to do so.

Zahzoo? You oughta forward this to your local congressman or state representative who is on the side of the liquor interests. They cannot legally ban some retailers in some counties from selling it, while allowing other retailers in other counties to do so.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120814/NEWS02/308140068/Kentucky-federal-court-ruling-adds-steam-Tennessee-debate-liquor-sales

That is some good ammo... I've discussed how silly the current laws here are with several folks involved with local politics. The area I live in has a huge tourist industry due to the lake and river. About 9 months out of the year people with boats and RV's stream into town from all over Arkansas, southern Missouri and the Memphis area... all hauling in beer, wine and liquor purchased somewhere else. A half-cent sales tax would probably generate several millions of dollars a year if booze was sold locally. But even that isn't enough of a selling point going up against the religious elements.

As someone told me shortly after moving here... small town life is great, but you have to find a balance in what you can tolerate from your neighbors and how much they'll tolerate of you.

It's not really that much of an inconvenience having to travel to the big city to buy booze. You just have to plan for it. As a parent though there is a downside to this... having all these households stocked up with a case or two of beer at anytime plus wine and huge bottles of liquor presents too easy of access for teenagers wanting to spread their wings. I actually had to install locks to keep my kids out of my stuff... as had several other families as well.

Seshmeister
09-07-2012, 11:07 AM

It was always with blackcurrant cordial back in the day giving a purple drink - very popular with the goth girls for some reason.

Seshmeister
09-07-2012, 11:11 AM
As a parent though there is a downside to this... having all these households stocked up with a case or two of beer at anytime plus wine and huge bottles of liquor presents too easy of access for teenagers wanting to spread their wings. I actually had to install locks to keep my kids out of my stuff... as had several other families as well.

That's a good point, the law of unforeseen consequences.

Just in general booze is much cheaper and people are richer than when I was a teenager so there is a lot more booze around.

It's the same with video games, porn and blowjobs teenagers get everything too easy these days.

Back in the day you really had to work hard to get a hold of all that stuff which probably stopped us hurting ourselves. :)

VHscraps
09-07-2012, 11:15 AM

Haven't actually tried it for years, but yes, it does the trick if you need a bit of oblivion pronto - especially with a decent proper cider. Strong, but not that cheapo chemical stuff that alkies drink.

I think those girls were forerunners of those you see more often now in the UK, out on the streets and intent on getting blotto.

vandeleur
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Snakey with blackcurrant , sounds awful.
Snakebite when I was a children
was what everyone drank at the Mayfair rock night in Newcastle , that's when i first tried it.
Those were the days , when the men and had long hair and the woman tattoos :D

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
You guys ever have Black Velvet? Guiness and champagne? Good stuff.

vandeleur
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Yip love it , except we have cider instead of champagne. Never tried it with champagne .. Fucking expensive I expect.

Never realised you could use cider as mixer so much. Not bad when your mixer is 6% strong lol

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Yip love it , except we have cider instead of champagne. Never tried it with champagne .. Fucking expensive I expect.

Never realised you could use cider as mixer so much. Not bad when your mixer is 6% strong lol

Nah, you just use affordable champagne. Back before I had a kid that was my Sunday morning brunch drink of choice - knocks a hangover right out :gulp:

vandeleur
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Problem with black velvet is it's consistency . When you flatten the cider and mix it with guinness. Its less stodgy than a full pint of Guinness and less bubbly than cider. So it goes down quicker than a kardashian on a first date .
Man you can hammer them bad boys back.

vandeleur
09-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Nah, you just use affordable champagne. Back before I had a kid that was my Sunday morning brunch drink of choice - knocks a hangover right out :gulp:

Is that not just the way to start your next hangover :biggrin:

ZahZoo
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
That's a good point, the law of unforeseen consequences.

Just in general booze is much cheaper and people are richer than when I was a teenager so there is a lot more booze around.

It's the same with video games, porn and blowjobs teenagers get everything too easy these days.

Back in the day you really had to work hard to get a hold of all that stuff which probably stopped us hurting ourselves. :)

As a kid I had it too easy... my dad drove a truck for a liquor distributor. Many times if there was an extra case of something on the truck it was easier to just drop it off at the house rather than do the paperwork to return it to the warehouse. Oddly I never had that much interest in drinking until I was about 25... probably because there wasn't much limits at home so it wasn't much of a target on my rebellious agenda as a teenager.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Is that not just the way to start your next hangover :biggrin:

So that's what I was doing wrong all that time! :biggrin:

Damn, it's just lunch time here and I'd give just about anything for a Black Velvet right about now. Fuckin' responsibilities...

PETE'S BROTHER
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
So that's what I was doing wrong all that time! :biggrin:

Damn, it's just lunch time here and I'd give just about anything for a Black Velvet right about now. Fuckin' responsibilities...

stupid responsibilities...

envy_me
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Tried martini last night. Eeeeeww. So gross. It tasted ONLY alcohol. I'm gonna stick to Mojitos from now on. Not to mention that that one martini costed me 130 crowns. Thats ca 18 dollars. Thieves!!

envy_me
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Alcohol exists so we can entertain ourselves laughing at the drunks.

I don't wanna sound like a psycho girlfriend, but where have you been???? You were gone for like a month. I was worried...

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Tried martini last night. Eeeeeww. So gross. It tasted ONLY alcohol. I'm gonna stick to Mojitos from now on. Not to mention that that one martini costed me 130 crowns. Thats ca 18 dollars. Thieves!!

That's because a martinin is all alcohol unless you're drinking one of those flavored ones. And if you paid 18 bucks for it I hope it came with a happy ending.

envy_me
09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
That's because a martinin is all alcohol unless you're drinking one of those flavored ones. And if you paid 18 bucks for it I hope it came with a happy ending.

No happy ending :-( I think the bartender could have put out.
That's what drinks cost here. It's crazy, insanely expencive. I can only imagine the shock that tourists get when the tab comes..

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
No happy ending :-( I think the bartender could have put out.

Was she hot? :biggrin:

envy_me
09-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Was she hot? :biggrin:

It was 3 men. One was hot, all 3 were extremely nice.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
It was 3 men. One was hot, all 3 were extremely nice.

Woulda been a better story if you had said "yes, she was hot as hell" :)

envy_me
09-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Woulda been a better story if you had said "yes, she was hot as hell" :)

Maybe for you :D
The olive was excellent, though. The best part, definitelly.

Also the food was AMAZING!!!! We had Halloumi-burger with grilled vegetables and fries. Best food I have had in a while.

fourthcoming
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I ordered a shot of Patron tequila at Pete's Candy Store in Brooklyn a few years ago.....had never tried Patron and heard it was good....so I figured what the hell...smelled good....I downed the shot....good stuff....bartender tells me...."That'll be 15 dollars"......for a shot?

envy_me
09-07-2012, 01:58 PM
I ordered a shot of Patron tequila at Pete's Candy Store in Brooklyn a few years ago.....had never tried Patron and heard it was good....so I figured what the hell...smelled good....I downed the shot....good stuff....bartender tells me...."That'll be 15 dollars"......for a shot?

Yeah, that sounds familliar.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Damn, party liquor's a lot cheaper down here in the South.

fourthcoming
09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Everything in New York is rediculously expensive.....I don't know about Upstate.....but here on Long Island and Manhattan and the trendy hipster parts of the boroughs it's rediculous.

envy_me
09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Everything in New York is rediculously expensive.....I don't know about Upstate.....but here on Long Island and Manhattan and the trendy hipster parts of the boroughs it's rediculous.

Those are the normal prices here :-/
I had some americans in the shop, and they were complaining that everything is so expencive here. They said that even the stuff that was on sale in our shop was way too expencive for them :-/

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey Fourth, I can understand it being expensive up where you're at. But still, 15 bucks for a shot? For an ounce and a half of tequilla??? Maybe I'm just old and cheap :)

PETE'S BROTHER
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey Fourth, I can understand it being expensive up where you're at. But still, 15 bucks for a shot? For an ounce and a half of tequilla??? Maybe I'm just old and cheap :)

maybe? :hee:

fourthcoming
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Believe me Donnie.....unless buying more shots of Patron at 15 bucks was going to make me wealthy or give me a bigger dick, I wasn't consuming anymore that particular evening. Alot easier to buy a bottle, relax at home with my girl....break out the blender and have some frozen margaritas in peace. I hardly ever drink anyway so it's a moot point.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM
maybe? :hee:

Yeah, it's true :biggrin:

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I don't wanna sound like a psycho girlfriend, but where have you been???? You were gone for like a month. I was worried...

I was in Singapore. I'm still trying to get over the jet lag.

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Damn, party liquor's a lot cheaper down here in the South.

Even with the taxes booze is pretty cheap in the US. When I worked for Hewlett Packard Konica made the engines for the color lazerjet printer. I worked with some people from Japan who worked for Konica. Typical work hard and play hard Japanese. They couldn't believe how cheap our liquor was especially the Tennessee whiskey and Kentucky bourbon. Those guys were in heaven.

You can get drunk cheaper in Mexico but really even in Mexico the good food and the good booze is still expensive. I mean if you want to drink mezcal that's a better bargain and sure the white rum cut tequila is cheaper but the good stuff is still going to cost you.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Ah, Tijuana. Home of nickel draft beer... Not especially good but when you're in your 20s and it's 5 cents a cup it's a deal you can't beat :biggrin:

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 02:35 PM

It's always been that way. I had a relative who was a commercial artist and was doing well working out of Manhattan. We went to visit her and I couldn't believe what she was paying to live in a dump. I think New York City was still broke at the time and looked it. The strange thing is it's the broke, grimy New York City people miss. They didn't have all the stupid nanny rules and frankly if you were a minor you could do anything because the cops were too busy dealing with bigger crimes. So really in the mid 80's, New York truly was sin city. It's where people went to enjoy sleaze. Now I don't know what it is. It's become too yuppie dip and too corporate sterile. But then you don't have a working class anymore there. You have the very rich and everyone else is on government assistance.

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Ah, Tijuana. Home of nickel draft beer... Not especially good but when you're in your 20s and it's 5 cents a cup it's a deal you can't beat :biggrin:

If you were a minor in San Diego. Ariva! Naive and hungry for pot, pussy, and booze. To score was worth risking any danger. New York City west it was.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM
If you were a minor in San Diego. Ariva! Naive and hungry for pot, pussy, and booze. To score was worth risking any danger. New York City west it was.

Avenida Revolucion!! The clubs down there used to advertise on San Diego radio - "come see how much you can drink!!!" Man, that was a wild place in the late 80s. And I've been told that the "red light" district is right there too...whatever that means :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-07-2012, 02:43 PM
there are red light districts and red light districts .... Amsterdam's is top draw :D

Nitro Express
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I had some friends going to the University of San Diego. During spring break I went down there and probably did every sordid and nasty thing you could do in the San Diego/Tijuana area. All done in a VW microbus with dead head stickers all over it. LOL! When I was unpacking from that trip I found a pair of girl's panties in my luggage. I couldn't figure out how they got there. I think I had a good time.

DONNIEP
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I had some friends going to the University of San Diego. During spring break I went down there and probably did every sordid and nasty thing you could do in the San Diego/Tijuana area. All done in a VW microbus with dead head stickers all over it. LOL! When I was unpacking from that trip I found a pair of girl's panties in my luggage. I couldn't figure out how they got there. I think I had a good time.

Yep, that's TJ. San Diego was pretty damn loose too. I do believe that's where I was ordained as a Priest of Poontang - if you can't get laid in a town with that many hot chicks then you're a fag. Oriental and Mexican chicks too, little brown fuckin' machines...

fourthcoming
09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
It's always been that way. I had a relative who was a commercial artist and was doing well working out of Manhattan. We went to visit her and I couldn't believe what she was paying to live in a dump. I think New York City was still broke at the time and looked it. The strange thing is it's the broke, grimy New York City people miss. They didn't have all the stupid nanny rules and frankly if you were a minor you could do anything because the cops were too busy dealing with bigger crimes. So really in the mid 80's, New York truly was sin city. It's where people went to enjoy sleaze. Now I don't know what it is. It's become too yuppie dip and too corporate sterile. But then you don't have a working class anymore there. You have the very rich and everyone else is on government assistance.

It has definitely become very yuppie/hipster.......Brooklyn has changed alot in the last 15 yrs also. 20 something's all over the place pretending to be starving artist/barista's when in reality they are trust fund babies.

Coyote
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Got a case of Heineken and two bottles of Bailey's in the fridge...

Good times.

Sensible Shoes
09-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I really WANT something to drink!

Nickdfresh
09-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I have a hankering for a Dark N' Stormy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_%27N%27_Stormy).

http://drunkentailgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dark-and-stormy-recipe.jpg

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 03:38 AM
I have a hankering for a Dark N' Stormy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_%27N%27_Stormy).

http://drunkentailgate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dark-and-stormy-recipe.jpg

I dont mind a bit of spiced rum , i gotta couple of bottles of sailor jerrys for my birthday but never tried it with ginger beer . It looks tastey will have to give it a shot .. no pun intended.

Nitro Express
09-11-2012, 03:42 AM
It has definitely become very yuppie/hipster.......Brooklyn has changed alot in the last 15 yrs also. 20 something's all over the place pretending to be starving artist/barista's when in reality they are trust fund babies.

No more dudes on Flatbush that look like Dice Clay. I even heard they are building condos in Coney Island and people are complaining the slime factor is going to be gone.

Nitro Express
09-11-2012, 03:47 AM
I mean CBGB's is a designer store now and the Bowery is full of condos. There will be no songs written about it anymore.

ashstralia
09-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Dark and stormy popular in oz. bundaberg only please..

Or inner circle black and saxby's.. :)

Yount
09-11-2012, 06:09 AM
No lie, two weeks ago I got pissed on Fosters. They had a few in the fridge at the footy, I ended up having a few tinnies, yelling out a few Aussie doozies like "BALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! PUSH IN THE BACK? GET FUCKED!"

Ah beers.

Yount
09-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Although what is rom? Never had that.

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 06:14 AM
fosters !!!!!! you must get different fosters to what we get in the uk. its weak as piss over here actually piss may be a bit stronger % VOL

Dude i suggest someone spiked your fosters with some alcohol :D

Dave's Bitch
09-11-2012, 06:26 AM
You should try the beer in Vandeleur's pic,That stuff is lethal ;)

Seshmeister
09-11-2012, 06:33 AM
It's 4% in the UK, 5% elsewhere. The stuff sold here is made in the UK.

I think Fosters are trying to fit a gap in the market for what is known in our circle as 2 star, with so many lagers being 5% these days. Also puts it in a lower tax bracket.

It has quite a distinctive taste doesn't it, I'm not a fan.

Talking of Aussie beer whatever happened to Castlemaine XXXX, 20 years ago it was everywhere now you never see it. I guess people must have tasted it. :)

Yount
09-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Yeah, Fosters is 4.9%. It's ok once you've had a few. When good sport is on anything tastes alright. It's all in the mind.

Had a case of XXXX Gold once. Getting pissed on light beers is ok, I don't mind it, but hardly ever do it because you become a pissing machine. But great sunny day memories!

Man, I've been on antibiotics lately. Really missing a good bevvy! Cos it's heating up down under!!

Seshmeister
09-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Far be it for me to encourage alcohol but it is fine to drink on most antibiotics.

The legend that you can't comes from when soldiers were getting treated with antibiotics for VD, they were told not to drink by the army doctors to stop them getting pissed and spreading it further.

Yount
09-11-2012, 06:50 AM
What if I'm mixing it with paracetamol as well?

(cos there's 5 bottles of red plonk just sitting here looking at me)

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Man i think you get to an age and every one becomes a pissing machine. We call it cracking the lid, you have three pints then you got to the loo and its a piss a pint .
Its like some scientific equation. 3 pints = no piss , 3 pints + a sip =piss, subsequent pint = piss .
Or it could just be my old wooden bladder :D

envy_me
09-11-2012, 06:53 AM

Paracetamol? That's too weak. You need benzo.

Edit: Oh, sorry. Now I see in which context that was posted, lol :D What a fantastic bunch we are :D

Seshmeister
09-11-2012, 07:06 AM

Should be absolutely fine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2014937/

Yount
09-11-2012, 07:07 AM
ha ha, didn't occur to me. Never tried it... it must get pretty messy... anyone got any stories?

...and vandeleur, that's about right for pints. Once you hit 3 you break the seal, it's all over.

Yount
09-11-2012, 07:13 AM
well this isn't your drugstore codeine/paracetamol. it has a label saying "may increase effects of alcohol" so looks like a cheap night!

envy_me
09-11-2012, 07:30 AM
well this isn't your drugstore codeine/paracetamol. it has a label saying "may increase effects of alcohol" so looks like a cheap night!

They have to write that and all sorts of other warnings, otherwise if something would happend, they'd be responsible. There is absolutely no negative effects in mixing alcohol with non-prescription medicine.... I think.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 07:33 AM
ha ha, didn't occur to me. Never tried it... it must get pretty messy... anyone got any stories?

...and vandeleur, that's about right for pints. Once you hit 3 you break the seal, it's all over.

Lol, I really don't remember any of my own stories, but I remember my friend when we did it together and she was a bit more effected then I was. She was so gone, couldn't even eat a sandwich she kept dropping it, called her boyfriends family at 2 am and woke them up, etc. Wild night. She still doesn't remember anything.

Yount
09-11-2012, 07:34 AM
it's prescription. i'm going to have "just a tipple" with a bit of food n take it easy

envy_me
09-11-2012, 07:37 AM
it's prescription. i'm going to have "just a tipple" with a bit of food n take it easy

Oh, then I would save some, wait for it to expire and then do it with alcohol :D

envy_me
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Although what is rom? Never had that.

Sorry, I just realized that it's called rum in english. My bad.

Angel
09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
They have to write that and all sorts of other warnings, otherwise if something would happend, they'd be responsible. There is absolutely no negative effects in mixing alcohol with non-prescription medicine.... I think.

Mixing alcohol with Tylenol can be deadly. Tylenol is extremely hard on the liver, and the liver can't handle too much of both.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Mixing alcohol with Tylenol can be deadly. Tylenol is extremely hard on the liver, and the liver can't handle too much of both.

Didn't know that. How come? Since Tylenol seems to be only paracetamol which certanly isn't deadly or dangerous with alcohol, if you are a healthy person in general.

Edit: I found this:
Dr. Elizabeth Roth, an internist at Massachusetts General Hospital, said drinking before taking the recommended dose of acetaminophen-based medications may not be a big issue for some people, although she does not advise it. In patients without underlying liver disease and who are not chronic alcoholics, acute alcohol intake is not a risk factor for liver damage from acetaminophen, she says.

"The bottom line is that for the otherwise healthy person without chronic liver disease or a history of alcoholism, they don't have to wait before taking two regular Tylenol after having a drink. But no medical advice fits all patients," she said in an e-mail.

Other factors can increase the likelihood of acetaminophen-related liver damage, including old age, poor nutritional status, co-existing illnesses, and particular genetic makeups. Moreover, the toxic dose among individuals can vary. A person's baseline levels of glutathione - a chemical involved in metabolism - play a role in the acetaminophen levels at which toxicity can occur, Roth said.

Source: http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2009/06/22/is-it-safe-to-take-tylonel-after-drinking/

Cool that her name is Roth :-)

ZahZoo
09-11-2012, 09:41 AM

Wise advice... if you are sick and recovering getting blasted on alcohol isn't going to help... ever.

Those of you considering science experiments mixing prescription or non-prescription drugs with alcohol you really are taking some serious risks... that aren't worth it. One your body may not react to the combination the same as others. Two... for how long it takes for drugs and alcohol to fully kick in, you will have consumed too much before you even know it... and then it's already too late for some.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah, if you're sick and recovering, the body will have to take care of the alcohol instead of dealing with your desiese and you won't recover as fast.

I wonder if meds and pot mix well. That might be to perfer since liver isn't dealing with disposal of the pot.

Angel
09-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Didn't know that. How come? Since Tylenol seems to be only paracetamol which certanly isn't deadly or dangerous with alcohol, if you are a healthy person in general.

Edit: I found this:
Dr. Elizabeth Roth, an internist at Massachusetts General Hospital, said drinking before taking the recommended dose of acetaminophen-based medications may not be a big issue for some people, although she does not advise it. In patients without underlying liver disease and who are not chronic alcoholics, acute alcohol intake is not a risk factor for liver damage from acetaminophen, she says.

"The bottom line is that for the otherwise healthy person without chronic liver disease or a history of alcoholism, they don't have to wait before taking two regular Tylenol after having a drink. But no medical advice fits all patients," she said in an e-mail.

Other factors can increase the likelihood of acetaminophen-related liver damage, including old age, poor nutritional status, co-existing illnesses, and particular genetic makeups. Moreover, the toxic dose among individuals can vary. A person's baseline levels of glutathione - a chemical involved in metabolism - play a role in the acetaminophen levels at which toxicity can occur, Roth said.

Cool that her name is Roth :-)

I'm surprised she didn't mention those who abuse acetaminophen products. The reason percocet is dangerous is more because of the risk of liver damage related to the acetaminophen than the codeine.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm surprised she didn't mention those who abuse acetaminophen products. The reason percocet is dangerous is more because of the risk of liver damage related to the acetaminophen than the codeine.

Percocet is narcotics, it is morphine. That is totally different from Tylenol. You need prescription for that. Here at least.

Angel
09-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Percocet is narcotics, it is morphine. That is totally different from Tylenol. You need prescription for that. Here at least.

Percocet is an opiate, but not morphine. It's acetaminophen and codeine. I used to monitor narcotic prescriptions when I worked at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of AB. One of my tasks was to ensure that Dr's that were prescribing it were getting liver panels done on the patient on a monthly basis due to the risk caused by the acetaminophen. When it comes to opiates, I have a pretty solid knowledge base. I did that job for 4 years.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Percocet is an opiate, but not morphine. It's acetaminophen and codeine. I used to monitor narcotic prescriptions when I worked at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of AB. One of my tasks was to ensure that Dr's that were prescribing it were getting liver panels done on the patient on a monthly basis due to the risk caused by the acetaminophen. When it comes to opiates, I have a pretty solid knowledge base. I did that job for 4 years.

Ok, I thought it was, since it is made from poppy. Well, anyway, Tylenol is a different thing.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah, if you're sick and recovering, the body will have to take care of the alcohol instead of dealing with your desiese and you won't recover as fast.

I wonder if meds and pot mix well. That might be to perfer since liver isn't dealing with disposal of the pot.

pot mixes well with everything :smoke:

Nitro Express
09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
They say pot dumbs you down. Society is already as stupid as it can get so toke up, we have nothing to lose.

Nitro Express
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Wise advice... if you are sick and recovering getting blasted on alcohol isn't going to help... ever.

Those of you considering science experiments mixing prescription or non-prescription drugs with alcohol you really are taking some serious risks... that aren't worth it. One your body may not react to the combination the same as others. Two... for how long it takes for drugs and alcohol to fully kick in, you will have consumed too much before you even know it... and then it's already too late for some.

Mix Phenol Barbitol with alcohol and you will get an instant trip to Hell. I say say hell because nobody is good enough to make it to heaven. Dream on.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 12:13 PM
They say pot dumbs you down. Society is already as stupid as it can get so toke up, we have nothing to lose.

I'd rather be dumb and happy then smart and depressed... I always envied my ex.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Mix Phenol Barbitol with alcohol and you will get an instant trip to Hell. I say say hell because nobody is good enough to make it to heaven. Dream on.

When me and my friend were abroad, she found some tabletts on the beach, and couldn't wait to try them. There was no label or anything, we had no idea what it was. But I refused, she eventually got what I was saying.
I mean, we had NO idea what it was. She was expecting some sort of trip, what if they cause diarrhea. Or worse.

ZahZoo
09-11-2012, 01:45 PM

No doubt... limited options. Serious brain/neurological damage or a dirt nap... Sadly I've seen both results from folks playing mix and match crap shoots.

Nitro Express
09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd rather be dumb and happy then smart and depressed... I always envied my ex.

envy_me
09-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Lol!!!

I always think of my ex when I listen to Lucky One by Alison Krauss. He had so many problems that I would kill my self if I was him. But he didn't see any of that. He was just happy. Really carefree, easy going... As if he had a filter of positive he was looking through.

Angel
09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Ok, I thought it was, since it is made from poppy. Well, anyway, Tylenol is a different thing.

Ugh, feel like I'm beating a dead horse on this one. The only difference is that Tylenol does not have codeine. Acetaminophen is hard on the liver. People who pop those babies on a daily basis are at the same risk for liver damage as those on percocet. That's one of the reasons why MD's often recommend Advil or ibuprofen over Tylenol or acetaminophen.

Sensible Shoes
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I thought Advil / Ibuprofen were equally hard on the liver?

(That reminds me, I have to go get another liver ultrasound.)

Angel
09-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I thought Advil / Ibuprofen were equally hard on the liver?

(That reminds me, I have to go get another liver ultrasound.)

No, it's the stomach they kill. Nasty if you have acid reflux (which I do). Tylenol's okay if you're not abusing it.

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I thought ibuprofen was pretty cool on your body side effects wise . I got a mate ex services fitness instructor and the British army hand them out like sweets.
Am at that age I have a couple before the gym or tkd.

DONNIEP
09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Tonight's beverage of choice is Newcastle Brown Ale. Had to go all the way to the Walmart for it - the drive-thru-beer-store don't carry the good stuff :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Very nice , it's gotta be chilled tho :)

DONNIEP
09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Very nice , it's gotta be chilled tho :)

It's been in a cooler in an ice and water bath since 5. So it's colder'n hell - as we say down here :biggrin:

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Two more night shifts then I shall be having a couple of bottles of dog myself

DONNIEP
09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Two more night shifts then I shall be having a couple of bottles of dog myself

I'll open one for ya right now :) Gonna be a long nite here, burnin' DVDs and CDs...

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 11:37 PM
You not had homeland security raid you yet for all these dodgy packages you post

DONNIEP
09-11-2012, 11:41 PM
You not had homeland security raid you yet for all these dodgy packages you post

Not yet :) Had to take a couple of weeks off of burnin' but Donnie's Illegal House of Bootlegs is back up and runnin' :gulp:

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Got the Chicago house of blues one in the car at the moment , great show

DONNIEP
09-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Got the Chicago house of blues one in the car at the moment , great show

I meant to ask you how you liked 'em. The Chicago and Japan CDs kick ass. Hey, did you ever watch the 2002 Camden DVD?

vandeleur
09-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Not watched it yet , but will get there.
Yeah both cd shows are great. It's funny I've been so wrapped up with the new tour cd and all things vh I hadnt listened to Dave solo stuff as much as I did so it was good to get a blast of it.
Both cd's were great quality to .

DONNIEP
09-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Well here's to ya! Another Newcastle bites the dust :)

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Mmmm...only a few more hours until beer time...

vandeleur
09-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Beer time countdown is go my friend , you had any interesting post recently?

envy_me
09-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Mmmm...only a few more hours until beer time...

You should live in Europe. Beer time started long ago here :D

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Go to Russia. The cocktail hour is 24/7.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Beer time countdown is go my friend , you had any interesting post recently?

It's what, 20 to 7 there? Raise a pint for me :)

I had to mail out a package today - like 27 discs. The same lady checked me out and she told me I need to bring her a couple copies of some of these "concerts" (said with a wink and finger quotes). She's convinced I'm a porn trafficker :biggrin:

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Go to Russia. The cocktail hour is 24/7.

I like Russian chicks...there's a lot of them in Gatlinburg, Tennessee of all places. College chicks over here working. Damn I love that Ukrainian accent.

vandeleur
09-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Will have a few for you mate , check out any packages I sent you :D

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Will have a few for you mate , check out any packages I sent you :D

Something coming in the mail here to me? :)

vandeleur
09-14-2012, 02:30 PM
yeah sent it last monday the bugger should be there by now

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 02:36 PM
yeah sent it last monday the bugger should be there by now

Thanks bro!!! I haven't seen anything yet but I'll definitely be checking when I get home!

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I like Russian chicks...there's a lot of them in Gatlinburg, Tennessee of all places. College chicks over here working. Damn I love that Ukrainian accent.
Some of them are hot and even better, they aren't as spoiled as western women. At least they are as spoil yet.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I have heard from several different sources, that russian girls, in general, are very money-oriented. Kinda gold diggers.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:17 PM
I have heard from several different sources, that russian girls, in general, are very money-oriented. Kinda gold diggers.

You would be too if you lived through what they have. The Soviet Union was bad but the time after it fell was particularly tough on most people there when the gangsters and oligarchs took over. They might be seeking a better life (gold digging) but believe me, they appreciate every luxury and don't take it for granted. I mean the Russian mindset is to survive. They are not warm and fuzzy people and they don't open up until trust is gained. Decades of communist mind fuck does that to a population. Now I see it creeping in here in the US. Paranoia of the government. People scared to speak their mind. We need to stomp it out before it takes hold.

People should feel free to protest on public property without fear of being beat down or thrown in jail forever. People should be free to say whatever they want about the government and the politicians. They have like thugs taken that from us and it needs to stop.

fourthcoming
09-14-2012, 03:20 PM
On a lighter note.....I saw a survey of some sort a few years back that said Russian females are more likely to engage in bi-sexuality and lesbianism than women from any other country on the planet. Not quite sure how scientifically accurate that is....how could it ever really be proven beyond a theory....I'm sure the sample size of the survey didn't include every last female on Earth. And on that note I say Dasvidaniya.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:22 PM
You would be too if you lived through what they have. The Soviet Union was bad but the time after it fell was particularly tough on most people there when the gangsters and oligarchs took over. They might be seeking a better life (gold digging) but believe me, they appreciate every luxury and don't take it for granted.

Yeah, but there are many poor countries like Kambodja and Thailand, but I have only heard about gold digging about russian girls. Many thai girls marry to older swedes to have a better life, but I heard that russian girls are more about wealth and luxury. Big wealth.
But as I said, I don't have a direct experience, this is just what I heard.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Any young girl that marries a geriatric man with money ready to die is a gold digger. But then she will have plenty of money to buy young cock with afterwards.

I played a lot of tennis growing up. My idol was Bjorn Borg by the way. Anyways I pretty much lived at the local tennis/country club. I kind of lived the life spoofed on the movie Caddy Shack because I was a caddy, a tennis instructor, greens keeper. Did all those jobs over the years. One of my friends was into fucking older women. I was into girls my age. He was boning the older women at the country club and their husbands were all rich and frankly you never saw them. The wives hung at the club. They had jobs they traveled all the time. Anyways he started wearing better clothes and had four very expensive rackets. He started driving a red Mercedes 450SL. He was now living with a widow and driving her husbands old car. His parents threw a fit but he was over 18. The dude was selling his cock and enjoying the hell out of it. LOL!

Old fucks will do anything to stay young or live that illusion. Especially rich shallow people. He helped that fantasy along. I don't know what happened to him. He bagged college to be a fuck boy.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 03:27 PM

Who cares? I'm headed back up to Tennessee this fall and I might have to get me one of those Ukrainian chicks. Drink a coupla Black Velvets and if you're banging a Russing chick you absolutely have to play this in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQAbATYWrVY

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Any young girl that marries a geriatric man with money ready to die is a gold digger. But then she will have plenty of money to buy young cock with afterwards.

I can unerstand if somebody does it in order not to starve to death, then it's about survival. But I can't understand if somebody does it for over the top wealth.
Maybe I am naive, but when I go to work, sure I don't make much money at all, but after 8 hours I am free. If you marry for wealth, it's a 24/7 job. You are NEVER free.

FORD
09-14-2012, 03:32 PM

....which she then ends up spending on prescription drugs that fuck her up, and acquires some gold digging leeches of her own, has a kid, a dumb reality show, and is dead before she turned 40.

Uhh... you were talking about Anna Nicole Smith, right? What a waste :(

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:37 PM
....which she then ends up spending on prescription drugs that fuck her up, and acquires some gold digging leeches of her own, has a kid, a dumb reality show, and is dead before she turned 40.

Uhh... you were talking about Anna Nicole Smith, right? What a waste :(

Everything you do for money is a business. If you don't watch yourself or the store the leaches will eat you to the bone.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Who cares? I'm headed back up to Tennessee this fall and I might have to get me one of those Ukrainian chicks. Drink a coupla Black Velvets and if you're banging a Russing chick you absolutely have to play this in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQAbATYWrVY

When I was a kid one of the cities I would go with my mom to buy clothes and stuff always had this huge Black Velvet billboard with some hot classy woman on it. Man. I wanted some of that badly. I knew what I wanted when i grew up. The way those ladies looked is still my definition of hotness.

VHscraps
09-14-2012, 03:42 PM
who cares?

lmfao

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Who cares?

What do you mean? If you like them, it is relevant to you. It would be as if someone told me that Dave only likes black chicks. Or guys. I can never be either one of those. Or maybe you are extremely rich. In that case I wish you all the best.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
When I was a kid one of the cities I would go with my mom to buy clothes and stuff always had this huge Black Velvet billboard with some hot classy woman on it. Man. I wanted some of that badly. I knew what I wanted when i grew up. The way those ladies looked is still my definition of hotness.

Here's a good example of what Nitro's talking about. This is class. Damn, I sure do love women with big hair...

http://s10.postimage.org/rskyqxdop/75end008.jpg

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Damn, I sure do love women with big hair...

:D

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57889/villains/images/9/95/636094-peggybundy_large.jpg

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 03:50 PM
What do you mean? If you like them, it is relevant to you. It would be as if someone told me that Dave only likes black chicks. Or guys. I can never be either one of those. Or maybe you are extremely rich. In that case I wish you all the best.

I meant who cares if a chick is a gold digger or not - I'm talking about a quick bang.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Peg Bundy wishes she looked like the chick in my picture...

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I meant who cares if a chick is a gold digger or not - I'm talking about a quick bang.

Yeah, but as I understood it, you don't even get that if you don't have money coming out of your dick.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I went to a New Years party at a philharmonic symphony. It was black tie. They made the big stack of champagne glasses and poured the champagne down them. Lot's of girls around my age. It was the 80's. Big hair and black evening dresses. It threw me for a fucking loop. I was like "Thank you God!". I hear you dude. So much of what turns us on was set by images we saw as kids.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 03:54 PM
So much of what turns us on was set by images we saw as kids.

Wtf did I witness as a kid :D

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
:D

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57889/villains/images/9/95/636094-peggybundy_large.jpg

I would fuck Peg Bundy.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Wtf did I witness as a kid :D

A Star Wars bar scene?

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:57 PM

I think this is the most intelligent comment I have read in days.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I went to a New Years party at a philharmonic symphony. It was black tie. They made the big stack of champagne glasses and poured the champagne down them. Lot's of girls around my age. It was the 80's. Big hair and black evening dresses. It threw me for a fucking loop. I was like "Thank you God!". I hear you dude. So much of what turns us on was set by images we saw as kids.

Exactly! Back then chicks took the time to fix themselves up, tease that hair up real good, put on some flashy clothes, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, but as I understood it, you don't even get that if you don't have money coming out of your dick.

If money comes out of my dick, I'm going to jack off more often.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:00 PM
A Star Wars bar scene?

Poor Dave, then.

But it makes sense. When I was kid, in the 80ies, the pudel rock was at it's biggest. Not that I'm saying that VH is pudel-rock, but just that look in a man.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:01 PM
If money comes out of my dick, I'm going to jack off more often.

If I go along and watch, can we split then?

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 04:02 PM

So some chicks actually say no?

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Exactly! Back then chicks took the time to fix themselves up, tease that hair up real good, put on some flashy clothes, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

We've lost our sense of class. We need to get back into shape. Stop turning ourselves into doodle pads with stupid tattoos. Start wearing nice clothes again. It's just not the chicks it's the guys too. I can remember when you went to a club you dressed up for it. You didn't go in looking like a fucking truck driver.

You do act like you dress.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
If I go along and watch, can we split then?

I'll just dump some money on your tits.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
We've lost our sense of class. We need to get back into shape. Stop turning ourselves into doodle pads with stupid tattoos. Start wearing nice clothes again. It's just not the chicks it's the guys too. I can remember when you went to a club you dressed up for it. You didn't go in looking like a fucking truck driver.

Damn straight. And did I mention that chicks should go back to big hair? Stiff Stuff brand hairspray - ladies, do yourselves a favor and buy 10 cans of it and go fucking nuts! :thumb:

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM

So, now you get why I watch In Treatment with my pumps on? Like I said in the other threat. Clothes just make us feel different.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I'll just dump some money on your tits.

Lmfao :D

Sensible Shoes
09-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Damn straight. And did I mention that chicks should go back to big hair? Stiff Stuff brand hairspray - ladies, do yourselves a favor and buy 10 cans of it and go fucking nuts! :thumb:

Such a southern guy you are! :D

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 04:06 PM

They smelled so good too.

Sensible Shoes
09-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Poor Dave, then.

But it makes sense. When I was kid, in the 80ies, the pudel rock was at it's biggest. Not that I'm saying that VH is pudel-rock, but just that look in a man.

what is pudel-rock?

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Such a southern guy you are! :D

Shoes, you don't need any help - you're just about perfect in every way :)

Nitro Express
Lmfao :D

At least there you can find it easy. I could put the money in some places it would be hard to dig back out.

DONNIEP
what is pudel-rock?

I think it's when Swedish guys go around picking up other guys by their boners and then they tell everybody they're not gay :biggrin:

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
what is pudel-rock?

It's pop metal, hair metal, cock rock, sleaze. Mmm that whole genre when guys looked like pudels. Kind of like this:

http://girlysworld.blogg.se/images/2010/joeytempestjoeytempest_99857466.jpg

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
At least there you can find it easy. I could put the money in some places it would be hard to dig back out.

Maybe I'd perfer those places ;-)

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I think it's when Swedish guys go around picking up other guys by their boners and then they tell everybody they're not gay :biggrin:

Sammy Hagar looks like a poodle. I didn't know hes hangs around in Sweden.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Owwwwww! Hell yeah!

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Sammy Hagar looks like a poodle. I didn't know hes hangs around in Sweden.

That's not nice. What did a poodle ever do to you :D

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 04:18 PM

What about 20 dollars worth in the pooper? :)

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Owwwwww! Hell yeah!

Haha ;-) that's sexy :-)

envy_me
09-14-2012, 04:25 PM
What about 20 dollars worth in the pooper? :)

You know what I'd say about that...

PETE'S BROTHER
09-14-2012, 04:26 PM
sorry, i was just "counting my money", what's goin' on?

ZahZoo
09-14-2012, 05:08 PM

Hell when I go out locally I at least wear my best flip flops...

envy_me
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM
They smelled so good too.

That is very important. God, I smell fantastic :-)

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 08:50 PM
That is very important. God, I smell fantastic :-)

Probably so. But not as good as an 80s chick. There's nothing quite like the combined scents of perfume, hairspray, Orange California Coolers and Marlboro Lites. Oh yeah...

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Hell when I go out locally I at least wear my best flip flops...

hey. Some flip flops are expensive.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Probably so. But not as good as an 80s chick. There's nothing quite like the combined scents of perfume, hairspray, Orange California Coolers and Marlboro Lites. Oh yeah...

I miss rolling in that smell.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 09:08 PM
sorry, i was just "counting my money", what's goin' on?

If every sperm was a dollar, I've spewed enough kak to be richer than the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds combined.

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I miss rolling in that smell.

We should bottle it and sell it as a perfume. You wouldn't be able to keep that shit on the shelves...

Angel
09-15-2012, 09:29 AM
I miss big hair. I have huge hair...the 80's were perfect for me! All I did was hang my hair upside down while blow-drying and voila! My friends would spend at least an hour working on their hair, mine was ready to go in 10-20 minutes. They hated me...

envy_me
09-15-2012, 10:10 AM

I have NO idea what people smelled like in the 80-ies. Orange California Coolers? What is that? And I don't smoke so I don't smell like cigarettes.

envy_me
09-15-2012, 10:11 AM
If every sperm was a dollar....

Girls would never demand condoms :-)

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I have NO idea what people smelled like in the 80-ies. Orange California Coolers? What is that? And I don't smoke so I don't smell like cigarettes.

Orange California Coolers - orange wine cooler, chicks loved the stuff. They'd drink it like soda and be blitzed before they knew it. Most of the girls weren't real smokers - they'd just smoke when they drank. And as far as the hairspray went - you have to understand I'm talking about a shitload of hairspray. You weren't running your fingers thru any chick's hair because it was basically glued in place. Just like the good Lord intended.

It's kinda hard to explain - you just had to be there.

envy_me
09-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Orange California Coolers - orange wine cooler, chicks loved the stuff. They'd drink it like soda and be blitzed before they knew it. Most of the girls weren't real smokers - they'd just smoke when they drank. And as far as the hairspray went - you have to understand I'm talking about a shitload of hairspray. You weren't running your fingers thru any chick's hair because it was basically glued in place. Just like the good Lord intended.

It's kinda hard to explain - you just has to be there.

Hahaha, sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunatelly, I don't remember much from the 80ies at all. I remember summers in Croatia at my grandparents, we'd used to go there. Late summer nights, with my parents at different restaurants and hotels listening to live music. Very nice memories. It was just before the war. So it was the last of the happy times for me.

There are extentions now, that also make it impossible to touch the hair, not cause it's un breakeble, but when you touch it, you feel the knots. No girl will ever allow you to touch her hair with that stuff in it :D

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. See?

http://s9.postimage.org/4c0tm7if3/12954345_ori.jpg

envy_me
09-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. See?

http://s9.postimage.org/4c0tm7if3/12954345_ori.jpg

Yeah, I get it. You like her hair :D Lol.
But with hair, it's all about the fashion. When I was in my early 20 /late 10s (lol) I would die before letting myself go outside without straightening the hair. It had to be STRAIGHT. Now I am more relaxed about it, and I can see what people see in big curly hair.
Straight hair also took a lot of hairspray and time. Even though my hair isn't curly, it isn't even wavy. It is just bent. Like on my avatar right now, there I didn't do anything with my hair.

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I get it. You like her hair :D Lol.

And the makeup, don't forget the makeup. This lady was so known for her eye makeup that she actually put out an instructional video. It's a good thing I didn't have a copy as a teenager 'cause I would have ruined my pecker :biggrin:

envy_me
09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
And the makeup, don't forget the makeup. This lady was so known for her eye makeup that she actually put out an instructional video. It's a good thing I didn't have a copy as a teenager 'cause I would have ruined my pecker :biggrin:

Who is she??

Is that Crystal from Dinasty?

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Who is she??

Is that Crystal from Dinasty?

No, it's Donna Mills from Knotts Landing. One of the most primo, hottest pieces of ass of the mid 80s. Oh, if only I coulda hit that just one time...

envy_me
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
No, it's Donna Mills from Knotts Landing. One of the most primo, hottest pieces of ass of the mid 80s. Oh, if only I coulda hit that just one time...

You still can. It's never too late, you know.

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 06:38 PM
You still can. It's never too late, you know.

Sadly, she's 71 now. I'm a pervert but even I have to draw the line somewhere...

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Back on topic, what's on the drink menu for this evening?

envy_me
09-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Sadly, she's 71 now. I'm a pervert but even I have to draw the line somewhere...

I just googled her, she still looks fantastic.

envy_me
09-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Back on topic, what's on the drink menu for this evening?

No alcohol today. Just 7up. I have cravings for 7up. Not Sprite, has to be 7up.
I am in bed now, I should sleep but I don't feel like sleeping.

What are you drinking?

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 06:54 PM
No alcohol today. Just 7up. I have cravings for 7up. Not Sprite, has to be 7up.
I am in bed now, I should sleep but I don't feel like sleeping.

What are you drinking?

Nectar of the Gods - Diet Coke :biggrin:

Be time for some coldies a little later on. I'd like to have some Jack but the damn bottle's empty again...

Sensible Shoes
09-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Why does regular coke taste so awful after drinking diet coke forever?

DONNIEP
09-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Why does regular coke taste so awful after drinking diet coke forever?

Because regular coke is too damn syrupy and it tastes flat compared to diet coke. I actually prefer caffeine free diet coke because it seems to have more zing to it than diet coke. But then again, I only drink the diet stuff because that's what I've had since I was a kid and mom started buying Tab. Which was the worst damn syrupy shit ever. Do they even make that anymore?