PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest: Screaming For Vengeance 30th Anniversary Edition....

Hardrock69
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Ordered this from Amazon last night. Amazon don't fuck around! UPS truck dropped it at my door at 11 AM this morning!

I did not order this for the CD, which has the remastered album, followed by 5 tunes from San Antonio 1982 on the SFV tour, then an outtake that was not released until a few years back when they began to remaster the albums called "Prisoner Of Your Eyes". The San Antonio live tracks were from a board tape, and you can hardly hear the drums. But it is a fair representation of their live performances on that tour.

What I did order this for was the bonus DVD of their full US Festival performance from May of 1983.

Previously only 3 or 4 songs had been available as bootleg video.

Pretty fucking amazing to look at the crowd in daylight. Fucking hell!

Priest was great. Halford was not having an exceptionally great day (some performances like Gods of Metal 6 months later in Germany were mind-blowing), but he was still in great form.

If you are a Priest fan, it is worth owning.

No need to go into a lengthy review. Oh....booklet has a bunch of new photos, and 2 pages of liner notes well-written by Eddie Trunk.

13 bucks and some change. Cost me 21 bucks with shipping.

If they are to do a 30th-anniversary edition of Defenders Of The Faith, they need to include a DVD with the full set from the Gods of Metal show in Germany. The entire set has never been released I don't believe. I think the bootleg version clocks in at 35 or 40 minutes, and while the quality is not bad, it deserves an official release.

Seriously. THE SINGLE GREATEST PERFORMANCE AVAILABLE on bootleg video.

tojoro
09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Too cool! Thanks much for the head's-up!:rockit:

binnie
09-15-2012, 12:15 PM
I think I'll pick this up.

To be honest, I've always found it difficult to love 'Screaming.....'. I've always prefered '70s Priest, their simplified '80s sound doesn't have the same grandeur to my ears. But the bonus material is enough to hook me.......

VHscraps
09-15-2012, 12:59 PM
I think I'll pick this up.

To be honest, I've always found it difficult to love 'Screaming.....'. I've always prefered '70s Priest, their simplified '80s sound doesn't have the same grandeur to my ears. But the bonus material is enough to hook me.......

I liked their simplified, pared-down, style on British Steel, Screaming, and Point of Entry (underrated album, I think), but I often wondered if they just lucked upon that style ... or if maybe they had been influenced by the post-Uli Roth Scorpions, who had also developed the twin chugging guitars thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElUxjcTQApE