PDA

View Full Version : Protesters storm US Embassy in Yemen

Hardrock69
09-13-2012, 05:57 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-storm-us-embassy-yemen-084845510.html?_esi=1

By AHMED AL-HAJ | Associated Press – 10 mins ago

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Chanting "death to America," hundreds of protesters angered by an anti-Islam film stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital and burned the American flag on Thursday, the latest in a series of attacks on American diplomatic missions in the Middle East.

The protesters breached the usually tight security around the embassy and reached the compound grounds but did not enter the main building housing the offices. Once inside the compound, they brought down the U.S. flag, burned it and replaced it with a black banner bearing Islam's declaration of faith — "There is no God but Allah."

Before storming the grounds, demonstrators removed the embassy's sign on the outer wall, set tires ablaze and pelted the compound with rocks.

It was similar to an attack on the U.S. Embassy in the Egyptian capital of Cairo on Tuesday night. A mob of Libyans also attacked the U.S. consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi on Tuesday, killing American Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

In Egypt, protesters were clashing with police near the U.S. Embassy in the capital Cairo for the third day in a row.

The violence has raised worries that further protests could break out around the Muslim world as anger spreads over the movie.

Yemeni security forces who rushed to the scene fired in the air and used tear gas to disperse the demonstrators and were eventually able to drive them out of the compound. It was not immediately clear whether anyone was inside the embassy at the time of the attack.

The Yemeni Embassy in Washington condemned the attack and vowed to ensure the safety of foreign diplomats and to step up security measures around their missions in the country.

Yemen is home to al-Qaida's most active branch and the United States is the main foreign supporter of the Yemeni government's counterterrorism campaign. The government on Tuesday announced that al-Qaida's No. 2 leader in Yemen was killed in an apparent U.S. airstrike, a major blow to the terror network.

The movie, "Innocence of Muslims," came to attention in Egypt after its trailer was dubbed into Arabic and posted on YouTube. The video-sharing website blocked access to it Wednesday. The trailer depicts Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a madman in an overtly ridiculing way, showing him having sex and calling for massacres.

Nitro Express
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
As I said before, the president needs to stand up there and say "I'm issuing a challenge to be off of foreign oil and to be 100% energy independent. We will push the envelope technological wise to have affordable and workable and safe new sources of energy." Then we pull out of the middle east. Stop sending them money and wish them well.

jhale667
09-13-2012, 11:47 AM
We're less dependent on foreign oil than ever under the Obama Administration, but a little saber-rattling to that effect might indicate to the region that the gravy train may not last forever, which would change attitudes....

ZahZoo
09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
As I said before, the president needs to stand up there and say "I'm issuing a challenge to be off of foreign oil and to be 100% energy independent. We will push the envelope technological wise to have affordable and workable and safe new sources of energy." Then we pull out of the middle east. Stop sending them money and wish them well.

The more I think about your proposal I like it.

Kick the drive to energy independence immediately. Fund it in incremental funding rerouting from Defense budgets increasing over time. 10% next year, 25% in 14, 35% in 15.

Also diplomatically put India and China on notice... we're planning to pull out of the Middle East energy markets fully. You guys want to sustain your energy growth needs you better engage and start baby sitting the Barbarian Hordes...

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 06:31 PM
You know what I find interesting is that yes, the Muslims are supposedly rioting simply because someone depicted Mohammed in a film, but they cannot be happy about him being depicted as a fucking asshole murdering pedophile.

But all that is directly FROM THE KORAN.

He was fucking a NINE-YEAR-OLD GIRL! And in many cases, when his army captured people, he would kill a man, then that same day rape his daugher, wife or whatever other female relatives were there.

So if they get upset over the DEPICTION of Mohammed, they are fucking hypocrites. :hee:

Jesus Christ
09-18-2012, 06:35 PM

One of thy Presidents said something similar to that over 30 years ago. He was My servant James Carter.

But then the first beast and the false prophet took over thy government, and turned back all the good deeds that James had done. :(

DONNIEP
09-18-2012, 06:42 PM
You know what I find interesting is that yes, the Muslims are supposedly rioting simply because someone depicted Mohammed in a film, but they cannot be happy about him being depicted as a fucking asshole murdering pedophile.

But all that is directly FROM THE KORAN.

He was fucking a NINE-YEAR-OLD GIRL! And in many cases, when his army captured people, he would kill a man, then that same day rape his daugher, wife or whatever other female relatives were there.

So if they get upset over the DEPICTION of Mohammed, they are fucking hypocrites. :hee:

Dude, this is America! Don't you know you can't say such things?? :biggrin:

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 08:24 PM

Well, Obama did the next best thing.....his administration is promoting the use of alternative energy technologies to try to wean ourselves off of foreign oil.

On a related note, there is a massive solar panel plant being constructed near Clarksville, TN:

http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2008/12/15/its-official-hemlock-to-invest-12-billion-for-polysilicon-plant/

ZahZoo
09-19-2012, 10:43 AM
This film thing had no legs on it... it tanked in Hollywood and no one cared about it. Then it tanked on the net and no one cared about it. It was dead until some Glen Beck type of the Muslim world found it and had it translated to Arabic... then went on a social media campaign that eventually reached the hard core jackasses in the Islamic world.

The more I read... I don't believe the film had any influence in Libya. Those attackers knew nothing of it.

Hardrock69
09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, here is another possibility.

The filmmaker was a hardcore third-columnist Muslim who moved to L.A., and despite getting in trouble with the law on a couple of occasions, made this film to give Muslims around the world something to riot over.

That is what the CIA would do. Infiltrate an organization and do something to discredit it.

So how do we know this guy did not do this on purpose, NOT to piss off the Muslim world because he is opposed to it....but because he is an extremist who wants to see Muslims rise up and attack the world? It is said he is a "Coptic-Christian" but how the hell does anyone know for sure?

The filmmaker, Nakoula Bassely Nakoula, is EGYPTIAN. So why are Muslims the world over not angry at EGYPT!

THE US HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, EXCEPT PROVIDE THE ACTORS AND GEAR NECESSARY TO MAKE THE FUCKING FILM!

THE FILM WAS WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY A FUCKING EGYPTIAN! :mad:

Fucking idiots.