PDA

View Full Version : News on the Shoes Job Front

Sensible Shoes
09-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Well after 2 years, I finally got a (menial) job. I'll be the assistant manager at the local Dunkin Donuts. Believe it or not, I took it over a seasonal temporary job at Yankee Candle which would have turned in to a permanent gig. I will make more money at DD due to more hours, tips, and a MUCH shorter drive. YC is 45 min away, DD is 15.

So I'm not exactly doing the happy dance, but it is what it is and now I can stop sleeping all day and have some routine again.

Sadest thing? I'm alone tonight! Roommate gone, nobody to celebrate with--->boohoo.

envy_me
09-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Well after 2 years, I finally got a (menial) job. I'll be the assistant manager at the local Dunkin Donuts. Believe it or not, I took it over a seasonal temporary job at Yankee Candle which would have turned in to a permanent gig. I will make more money at DD due to more hours, tips, and a MUCH shorter drive. YC is 45 min away, DD is 15.

So I'm not exactly doing the happy dance, but it is what it is and now I can stop sleeping all day and have some routine again.

Sadest thing? I'm alone tonight! Roommate gone, nobody to celebrate with--->boohoo.

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations! I hope you'll like it there, and work with good people.
And I am drinking some white wine, so I am celebrating with you. Cheers!

jhale667
09-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Congrats on rejoining the ranks of the employed, at least. :baaa:

DONNIEP
09-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Congratulations on the new gig!!! Now, break out the booze and start doin' the happy dance. It's friday, you have a new job and thats more than enough reason to celebrate :gulp:

Dan
09-14-2012, 06:20 PM
On Behalf Of The Sheep Pen Crew Members,You Better Give Us Some Free Donuts When We Are In Town.:D

BTW.................Good On You.:D

vandeleur
09-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Congrats shoes :D

Hardrock69
09-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey baby. I will be there in a minute. We can celebrate. Long and hard. ;)

And if I should have a flat, and can't get there (I am having to drive hundreds of miles in a few seconds) well, congrats on being the CEO of that franchise, lol.

katina
09-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Thatīs a Great News !!!!:thumb:
You will find the right time to celebrate, I will celebrate for you , I am drinking vodka right now, so cheers Shoes !!! :bottle:

Sensible Shoes
09-15-2012, 02:20 AM
My best friend called to say she was having lobster and champagne to celebrate my new job. In what world is THAT right?

Nickdfresh
09-15-2012, 03:31 AM
Duncan coffee sucks asshole, please fix this Shoes...

Hardrock69
09-15-2012, 06:13 AM
I would hope she is having lobster and champagne with YOU, Shoes!

Sensible Shoes
09-15-2012, 10:07 AM
No! She lives in the next state!

Little Texan
09-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Shoes, gimme a bottle of anything, and a GLAZED DONUT, to goooooooooooooooooooo... :biggrin:

twonabomber
09-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Shoes, gimme a bottle of anything, and a GLAZED DONUT, to goooooooooooooooooooo... :biggrin:

someone's gotta do this!

as for Yankee Candle...my sister-in-law's sister works there. she's a cunt.

ZahZoo
09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Way to go Shoes!!

Sensible Shoes
09-16-2012, 07:42 PM
What I have to look forward to.

Sensible Shoes
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
even worse

DONNIEP
09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Is it a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins?

Sensible Shoes
09-16-2012, 07:55 PM
No, it's a Dunkin inside a Convenience store

loucap81
09-22-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm happy for you that you found something. Yeah obviously you'd like something better, but the positive spin would be to look at it as a stepping stone (in addition to the fact that you're making money again, of course). You never fucking know what could happen, whether it be internal promotion that you can ride out the rest of your career with, or that one customer you make small talk with who can help get you back into the communications industry, if that's what you want. Honestly I'd be angling every day to make small talk with everyone just to see if they'll bite and drop you a business card. Think of it as somewhat of a paid audition for something better.

binnie
09-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Congrats Shoes!

Is this a huge change from what you did before?

Sensible Shoes
09-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you Lou - yes very good advice all around.

Binnie - yes a huge change, I worked for 30 years as a news producer at an ABC affiliate in Buffalo. Apparently it's too much of a niche job to make some kind of crossover in my area where jobs are scarce to begin with.

As for DD, I am seething right now - I was hired a week ago Friday and in spite of repeated attempts to reach the HR dept. which does the training, they have not returned my calls. I'm starting to doubt my own sanity and wonder if they did not really hire me at all. If it weren't for the manager at the actual location, who is trying to help me reach them, I would have given up by now. I also wonder if I really want to work for an organization that is this disorganized. But it's not like I have a lot of choice but to wait.

binnie
09-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Binnie - yes a huge change, I worked for 30 years as a news producer at an ABC affiliate in Buffalo. Apparently it's too much of a niche job to make some kind of crossover in my area where jobs are scarce to begin with.

As for DD, I am seething right now - I was hired a week ago Friday and in spite of repeated attempts to reach the HR dept. which does the training, they have not returned my calls. I'm starting to doubt my own sanity and wonder if they did not really hire me at all. If it weren't for the manager at the actual location, who is trying to help me reach them, I would have given up by now. I also wonder if I really want to work for an organization that is this disorganized. But it's not like I have a lot of choice but to wait.

Wow, that's a huge change.

I'm afraid that waiting for them to organise themselves is the only option - it never ceases to amaze me how slow some companies are at initiating employees, but things usually get better once you start work in my experience.

Nickdfresh
09-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Shoes, any chance you could recontact Yankee Candle?

Sensible Shoes
09-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure, it was for a seasonal position and their training process started last Monday and wrapped up on Friday. So I kinda think not.

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I have to vent somewhere. It is now a week and a half since I got hired at Dunkin. Or at least THOUGHT I got hired. In spite of repeated calls to both the store and the HR manager, I STILL have not heard from these people. Today I left a message that probably was too strong, but as mildly as I could, demanded that they call me and let me know if there really is a job or not. I said it really isn't fair to keep me hanging on like this especially since I turned down another job to take this one.

Let's see what happens now.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-25-2012, 02:07 PM
weird

lesfunk
09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Shoes, that sucks. You really deserve better work. DD is beneath you. I hope you find something better. xo

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 02:14 PM
xxxxoooo to you too Les

FORD
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM

You know why it's disorganized, right?

http://www.dailynews21.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/0328-us-latestnews-geohwbushmitt_full_600.jpg

Dunkin' Donuts, along with Baskin-Robbins, is co-owned by Dunkin' Brands Inc. (previously known as Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants, when it was a part of Allied Domecq). Dunkin' Brands used to own the Togo's chain, but sold this in late 2007 to a private equity firm. Dunkin' Brands was owned by French beverage company Pernod Ricard S.A. after it purchased Allied Domecq. They reached an agreement in December 2005 to sell the brand to a consortium of three private-equity firms, Bain Capital Partners, the Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners.

ThrillsNSpills
09-25-2012, 02:18 PM
wow, 30 years producing news.

That is a lot to juggle, managing that kind of stress for that long.
Live tv, the stuff nightmares are made out of.
Plenty of amazing comedy though, like when the technical director moves the wrong fader and the weatherman disappears.

not even a bloop, the guy just fades away

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I certainly wish I could make many of them just fade away.

envy_me
09-25-2012, 02:34 PM
God, that sucks. I feel for you, girl :-(
Just remember, there is a whole world out there. You can find a good job.

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 02:43 PM
God I wish you were right, but out here in the wilds of Massachusetts, jobs are few and far between.

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Somebody suggested I contact an employment lawyer in my area. LMAO! That would be 2 hours away in Boston.

Angel
09-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Somebody suggested I contact an employment lawyer in my area. LMAO! That would be 2 hours away in Boston.

...And would be a waste of money if you don't have a written offer...

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Exactly.

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Another day, no phone call.

Now somebody else in town tells me their cousin was hired AND trained, then never heard from them again.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-25-2012, 06:59 PM
ones that will lead me

motherchicken
09-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm totally sympathetic to your situation. Untill recently I have drifted from here to there in search of a decent full time permanent gig. Temp jobs that claim they are temp to hire but never hire. Part time gigs that never pan out to full time. The one full time direct hire job I did find was with Wal Mart. They don't hire enough people to do the job then blame the people working their asses off for not getting the job done. Gets old getting bitched out everynight you go to work for something out of your control. Sometimes the lower level managers just quit because they get tired of having to do the bitching when they know it's not the workers fault. That's one fucked up company to work for. Good luck whether this works out or not.

jhale667
09-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Are you working with any temp agencies, Shoes?

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 08:31 PM
They say they can't do anything for me cause my experience is too narrow.

Angel
09-25-2012, 10:00 PM

WTF??? You have TONS of transferable skills!!! Wow, I'm really sorry that things are that bad down there...

jhale667
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM

Uh, if that's just one agency telling you that bullsh*t, try another. Do you have basic office skills - word, excel, outlook, etc - to where you could get a gig in a call center or something?

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Nope. We worked on huge specialized news software/hardware systems called either ENPS or INews. I know Word and Outlook enough to get by, and excel is way beyond my brain because I flunked everything from algebra on.

jhale667
09-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Nope. We worked on huge specialized news software/hardware systems called either ENPS or INews. I know Word and Outlook enough to get by, and excel is way beyond my brain because I flunked everything from algebra on.

You probably wouldn't need to use formulas or anything to do an order-entry sales or customer service gig or something of that sort...

motherchicken
09-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Temp agencies usually have entry level jobs in all kinds of areas. Manufacturing, warehousing, food processing all types of jobs. Direct hire is better but more and more companies are turning to temp agencies. I've worked for Rite Aid, Micheals, AT&T, Ryder, Callaway golf, Hyundaii and a few other companies I can't remember through temp agencies. The day labor ones like Labor Ready and Manpower are for the truly desperate but the others have temp to hire positions quite often.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Of course more and more companies use temps. Its so they can screw you out of benefits. What's funny is I knew a girl who worked for Manpower full time. She applied for a mortgage and was turned down because she worked for Manpower. LOL! She tried to convince them she worked for the company as a full time employee and was not a temp. She said that brand-name just didn't impress people. LOL!

What really used to piss me off when I worked in management is when we needed more employees the company would say oh you can hire all the temps you need. I'm sorry. We were launching a new product line. We needed people with some specialized skills and experience. People you actually have to pay some money to in order to hire. We didn't need more administrators or IT people.

Then the CEO does a merger with another company which caused the company long-term problems. He just did it to rally the stock short-term so he could make some quick money before he bailed. One huge problem is the people running these companies actually don't care about the company. There's a place for temps but not hiring them in place of regular employees. I saw one company hire a bunch of temps and some of them were good employees. They worked them for two years and then fired them all because if they worked them any longer they would have a legal case to sue for full time status.

It's all ran by spreadsheets and legal teams now. They know exactly what they can get away with.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Ever thought about moving to North Dakota and working the oil fields? Some people are making good money up there. We don't have enough plumbers in this area. My plumber would love to apprentice someone. It's four years. This guy makes about $105,000 in a good year. You work your ass off and you are on call like a doctor, but you have enough money to take a good vacation and you can choose when you want to take it. It will never be outsourced, nor will someone overseas be a threat to take your job.

motherchicken
09-26-2012, 04:20 AM
I got denied for a veterans retraining program because I signed up to be on call at a fish processing company job through a temp agency but never worked one day for them. They still call that employed.

envy_me
09-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Ever thought about moving to North Dakota and working the oil fields? Some people are making good money up there. We don't have enough plumbers in this area. My plumber would love to apprentice someone. It's four years. This guy makes about $105,000 in a good year. You work your ass off and you are on call like a doctor, but you have enough money to take a good vacation and you can choose when you want to take it. It will never be outsourced, nor will someone overseas be a threat to take your job.

Man, now you made me wanna do it. Lately I have been thinking of taking any sort of physical labor, as long as I don't have to deal with customers and fake smiles and be polite.
I wouldn't mind working in a mine, the money HAS to be good, it's a mine

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 04:52 AM
I have a friend who's background is in biology. He worked as a quality control engineer for food companies. They closed the plant down where he was working and he didn't want to move. He's an excellent finish carpenter. So he started his own business fabricating and installing expensive cabinets and trim. He's a lot happier and doing well.

There are a lot of good blue color jobs and some people are desperate to fill because people have not gone into it. The key here is skilled. You have to have the skills and some of these blue color jobs like being a machinist require good math skills. What's funny is I think I have used math more for blue color stuff than I ever did in the white color world. I worked in finance and everything was done by computer software. When you are trimming out a house and installing crown molding, the math becomes more real.

It's basically supply and demand. The jobs that there are a lot of people who can do them don't pay as well. Or even jobs like cutting hair don't pay well unless you are really good at it and can market yourself. Then if you can do that, you can make a good living. So it really is the base demand, your skills, and how well you can market yourself. That's the key.

It's a lot like investing. You buy when nobody is talking about it. In the early 90's I was buying gold at $300 an ounce. Nobody wanted it and nobody was talking about it. In fact, one person told me I was wasting my money because I would get a better return in the equity markets. Well I was investing there too. Now look at where gold is. Around $1,700 an ounce. Everyone is talking now and frankly it's not a good time to buy because everyone is in the market.

Jobs are the same way. The ones everyone is running to don't really offer anything in general. You want to focus where everyone isn't that shows some growth potential. I got into agriculture when nobody wanted anything to do with it. It's been a lousy business for 50 years. That's about to change. The world is short on every food commodity and those who have it, will sell it all. Right now we can't grow enough barley. The beer malting plants are buying is all up. Hay is hot too. It's going for $50 a bail right now and we are shipping it halfway across the country due to the drought.

Commodity exchanges will be where the future action is not the equity markets in places like Wall Street and farmers will be driving the fancy cars, not stock brokers. The only thing holding up that charade is the Federal Reserve and that can't last forever. The citizens are onto the scam and demanding change.

Lot's of ways to make money. Owning water rights will be a huge money maker.

So basically I'm still working in finance but it's not stocks and bonds, it's commodities. I'm a partner in a holding company and we own the actual commodities which is kind of a pain but would rather be there than owning some MF Global paper that says I have a right to some unseen commodities.

binnie
09-26-2012, 04:54 AM
Of course more and more companies use temps. Its so they can screw you out of benefits. What's funny is I knew a girl who worked for Manpower full time. She applied for a mortgage and was turned down because she worked for Manpower. LOL! She tried to convince them she worked for the company as a full time employee and was not a temp. She said that brand-name just didn't impress people. LOL!

What really used to piss me off when I worked in management is when we needed more employees the company would say oh you can hire all the temps you need. I'm sorry. We were launching a new product line. We needed people with some specialized skills and experience. People you actually have to pay some money to in order to hire. We didn't need more administrators or IT people.

Then the CEO does a merger with another company which caused the company long-term problems. He just did it to rally the stock short-term so he could make some quick money before he bailed. One huge problem is the people running these companies actually don't care about the company. There's a place for temps but not hiring them in place of regular employees. I saw one company hire a bunch of temps and some of them were good employees. They worked them for two years and then fired them all because if they worked them any longer they would have a legal case to sue for full time status.

It's all ran by spreadsheets and legal teams now. They know exactly what they can get away with.

That is the truth. If you are a temp here you essentially have zero employments rights. Shocking.

envy_me
09-26-2012, 04:59 AM
I am no diva when it comes to jobs. I can do anythin that I don't find morally wrong or doesn't make me feel bad in any way.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 05:17 AM
Man, now you made me wanna do it. Lately I have been thinking of taking any sort of physical labor, as long as I don't have to deal with customers and fake smiles and be polite.
I wouldn't mind working in a mine, the money HAS to be good, it's a mine

I've been in a few mines. My dad's company used to work for quite a few mining companies. In fact, my great grandfather came from Scandinavia and ended up in the Montana mining towns and did well for himself. Mining will be a hot industry in the future because the world is short on those types of commodities as well.

The coolest mine I ever was in was a big salt mine in Columbia about an hours drive out of Bogota. It dates back to inca times and the miners carved out a cathedral inside of it that is absolutely huge. I still have big pieces of salt from it.

ashstralia
09-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Whoa. Bet that salt's good on grilled fish, or on the rim of your margarita glass...:)

Yeah mining's huge here. We're the world's quarry.

envy_me
09-26-2012, 05:22 AM
I've been in a few mines. My dad's company used to work for quite a few mining companies. In fact, my great grandfather came from Scandinavia and ended up in the Montana mining towns and did well for himself. Mining will be a hot industry in the future because the world is short on those types of commodities as well.

The coolest mine I ever was in was a big salt mine in Columbia about an hours drive out of Bogota. It dates back to inca times and the miners carved out a cathedral inside of it that is absolutely huge. I still have big pieces of salt from it.

OMG!!! A cathedral inside of mine? That is so cool!! Would be cool to see it.
How is mining? Can a woman do it? A clumsy woman but with a lot of enthusiasm :-)

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 05:23 AM
That is the truth. If you are a temp here you essentially have zero employments rights. Shocking.

A lot of people think working as a temp will be a foot in the door. Working in management in the corporate world this is what I learned about it. If you are good employee as a temp, your manager or your department would love to hire you full time. The problem is the company won't let them hire you. I've only seen one person get hired full time from a temp position and he was an engineer. It was at Hewlett Packard and the company had a bias towards hiring people with engineering backgrounds. So they snagged him. People in office positions or working the customer service center had no hope in hell of getting a full time gig.

A temp makes money and that's about it. It leads nowhere in most cases. It certainly is not the road to a long-term career.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 05:29 AM
OMG!!! A cathedral inside of mine? That is so cool!! Would be cool to see it.
How is mining? Can a woman do it? A clumsy woman but with a lot of enthusiasm :-)

Someone posted some footage of it on YouTube. I went there in the 80's when kidnapping was rampant and the US State Department told us if we disappeared there would be no help coming. Columbia was very dangerous then and nobody knew about this place. I learned of it from some of the locals in Bogata and we drove out to check it out. It was just a working mine with miners. It was no touristy thing. The miners took us in which was way into the mountain and this is what was there.

ashstralia
09-26-2012, 05:31 AM

Check this out Swedish. And anyone else interested:)

http://www.australia-mining.com/?G1

envy_me
09-26-2012, 05:32 AM
A lot of people think working as a temp will be a foot in the door. Working in management in the corporate world this is what I learned about it. If you are good employee as a temp, your manager or your department would love to hire you full time. The problem is the company won't let them hire you. I've only seen one person get hired full time from a temp position and he was an engineer. It was at Hewlett Packard and the company had a bias towards hiring people with engineering backgrounds. So they snagged him. People in office positions or working the customer service center had no hope in hell of getting a full time gig.

A temp makes money and that's about it. It leads nowhere in most cases. It certainly is not the road to a long-term career.

But what choice does one have? It's either work with no benefits or starve with no benefits. Is there any way of getting a real employment nowdays?

In some way I can understand the companies. I don't know how it's over there, but here the union has made it almost impossible to fire anybody. No matter how bad they are or how many mistakes they make. We tried to fire one woman. It took a good year to do it, after countless meetings, threats and the whole shop being forced to see psychologist. It was hell. The only thing that did it in the end is that people from the union got sick of her finally.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 05:45 AM
But what choice does one have? It's either work with no benefits or starve with no benefits. Is there any way of getting a real employment nowdays?

In some way I can understand the companies. I don't know how it's over there, but here the union has made it almost impossible to fire anybody. No matter how bad they are or how many mistakes they make. We tried to fire one woman. It took a good year to do it, after countless meetings, threats and the whole shop being forced to see psychologist. It was hell. The only thing that did it in the end is that people from the union got sick of her finally.

Yeah. Work for yourself. Bad times puts fire on people's asses to do something themselves. This is why some great businesses actually start in economic down times. When nobody is going to help you, you help yourself. Of course the mass majority don't do this but who wants to be in the majority? It's like sports. There are only a few people who excel. Everything is that way. Music is that way. Most people will just stand around and get angry and find a scape goat to blame the problems on. History is full of that bullshit. The smart people just realize life isn't fair, and work themselves out of the shitty mess. Some end up in a very good place. The reality of it is nobody cares about you more than you, so stop thinking someone is going to ride in on a white horse and save you. It always amazes me people thing these con artist politicians are actually going to help them. All they want you for is a captive voting base and that is their only incentive to help you.

Ah once you just accept life is a bitch and blow it off, it opens the door to all sorts of opportunities because you are no longer worried about how unfair it is and angry someone has more than you do and this and that. It's a jungle and you are just concerned about how you get through the jungle and what do you want out of it?

To be successful you really do have to be different from the pack. It's like investing. There is no opportunity where the mass majority is hanging around. Be unique and be a little different and that is what will draw people to you. Why do people like David Lee Roth? He's different from the pack and he does his thing very very well.

If you are single with no children and healthy, damn you are free free free. You could be flat broke and you still are free. You have no baggage. You can go anywhere or do anything.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 05:59 AM

Oh there is a time and place for unions but the problem is the unions become as corrupt as what they originally organized against. My dad had a union company and he just could no longer compete with the non-union outfits. About the only thing good I got from a union was some good health insurance. Paying the union dues were worth it just to get into the group policy.

The problem in the US is funds started owning the company stocks instead of individuals. So fund managers owned the stock and all they cared about was the stock price. It used to be that major stockholders were the founders of the company or their family. Hewlett-Packard was a great company to work for when Dave Packard still owned controlling shares. Once his shares were sold and Wall Street owned them, things changed for the worst.

People bash the rich across the board today. What they don't realize is it's some of those rich people owning controlling shares that made some of these companies good to work for. Not all rich people are bad people. The problem really is with the investment banks and the central banks.

Also computers became the problem. In the 1960's the markets were limited by how much clerks could process. With computers now there is automated trading and with money being electronic now it can be traded at the speed of light. This opens the door to all sorts of shenanigans. In fact, the abuse of computers and software has ruined the integrity of the markets. It's made them the land of make believe. There is not reality to them anymore and this is a huge problem.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:07 AM
That video does not do that salt cathedral justice. It's huge in there. They actually had to build a partician across the back of it because it's bigger than St. Peter's in Rome. All the statues and everything are made from salt. Some places just can't be captured on video. This is such a place. You have to be there. It's like the great pyramid. You can see pictures of it and video of it but you have to be there to experience why it's a big deal.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Life is all about eating and smiling. And everybody wants some. Dave had it nailed.

Von Halen
09-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Shoes, open a Tim Hortons right next door to those DD fuckers! It's better coffee anyway!

Sensible Shoes
09-26-2012, 09:45 AM
That would be a scream.

Course, if I had that kinda money, I'd just buy the DD and fire the managing company!

twonabomber
09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
local NBC station is looking for a exec producer for the 11 pm show...

ZahZoo
09-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Try some of the larger national contracting firms... they have jobs all over the US entry level to top tier, plus many offer remote/telecommuting or work from home assignments in various IT, Tech and general business type jobs.

Here's some of the bigger ones... CDI, APEC, Artech, Pomeroy, Pitney Bowles, Apollo, Temco

While your experience may have been focused on the media industry and proprietary software products, all of the associated soft skills are transferable. Play them up generically in your resume... office management, project management, administrative functions, financial/budget management... in other words strip off the News media skin and position the resume in highlighting your functional skills rather than the industry you worked.

envy_me
09-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Shoes... Me and you... In the mine?

Sensible Shoes
09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Aw thanks sweetie,, but I'm way too old for such physical labor.

jhale667
09-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Ever been in a mine? Terrifying...did a tour of one once and that was enough. I'm not even remotely claustrophobic, but I was that day! There's a reason why it pays as well as it does... reason being you could DIE at any moment.

envy_me
09-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Aw thanks sweetie,, but I'm way too old for such physical labor.

I think machines do most of the hard work.

envy_me
09-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Ever been in a mine? Terrifying...did a tour of one once and that was enough. I'm not even remotely claustrophobic, but I was that day! There's a reason why it pays as well as it does... reason being you could DIE at any moment.

I have never been in a mine. Maybe one gets used to it with time.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-26-2012, 02:21 PM

lesfunk
09-26-2012, 04:10 PM

That's why I quit Gynecology school...

Angel
09-26-2012, 04:19 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

envy_me
09-26-2012, 04:22 PM

Lmao :D

Angel
09-26-2012, 04:24 PM

I did a tour of a coal mine once, thought it was really fucking cool, and no claustrophobia whatsoever. Maybe it's in the blood. One of my grandfathers was a canary man in the coal mines. He would take the canary into the mine before the men went in to work. If the canary died, he'd have to boot it out before he succumbed to the gas.

Von Halen
09-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I did a tour of a coal mine once, thought it was really fucking cool, and no claustrophobia whatsoever. Maybe it's in the blood. One of my grandfathers was a canary man in the coal mines. He would take the canary into the mine before the men went in to work. If the canary died, he'd have to boot it out before he succumbed to the gas.

You mine caves frequently, don't you Angel?

Angel
09-26-2012, 08:01 PM
You mine caves frequently, don't you Angel?

:lmao: Good one, Von! Can't be bothered...women are fucking nuts in case you hadn't noticed. :D

Sensible Shoes
09-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Well finally some GOOD news.

Yesterday, I called Yankee Candle and left a message to see if they had any positions left.

this AM, DD calls and goes to VM about how sorry they were about not getting back to me, and they wanted me to come in and fill out paperwork, yada yada yada

Now I'm worried about having nothing if I say no.....
BUT
Yankee Candle calls and says yes they have one last position and they'd love to have me!

So I got to call DD and tell 'em to pound salt.

Yay! Less money, longer drive, but HEY. Working is working.

envy_me
09-27-2012, 01:46 PM
First sign a contract before you turn down DD. But you should definitelly turn them down.

lesfunk
09-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Yankee Candle calls and says yes they have one last position and they'd love to have me!

But it's gonna smell sooo nice....

PETE'S BROTHER
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Yesterday, I called Yankee Candle and left a message to see if they had any positions left.

this AM, DD calls and goes to VM about how sorry they were about not getting back to me, and they wanted me to come in and fill out paperwork, yada yada yada

BUT

kick cactus :hee:

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 08:49 PM

BUT

Almost everytime I told some chick I didn't know I had a position I'd like to have her in I got slapped.
You probably made the right choice. Good luck.

FORD
09-27-2012, 09:00 PM

BUT

At least you don't have to work for Bain Capital & the BCE. That's a great thing right there!

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 09:01 PM
The only fear I had over Shoes working at DD is and I haven't wanted to say anything, but we all take our work home with us and at DD it would be in the manner of 20lbs weight gain in 2 months...I know I would.

With the candle place she will only smell prittier, than normal.

( did I make out ok or should I run for the hills):peep:

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 09:25 PM
The only fear I had over Shoes working at DD is they don't have any gas nozzles for me to suck on and score a cheap high.Your selfish behavior doesn't surprise me in the least.

If you can get the room to stop spinning long enough, you can take your sorry ass to a Mobil station, fill out a fucking application, and maybe stop leeching off of other people.

Dickface!

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Your selfish behavior doesn't surprise me in the least.

If you can get the room to stop spinning long enough, you can take your sorry ass to a Mobil station, fill out a fucking application, and maybe stop leeching off of other people.

Dickface!
This site would be a damn nicer place if some shithead didn't post shit like this in reference to a post that was on subject and not offensive to anyone.

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 09:35 PM
At least you don't have to work for Bain Capital & the BCE. That's a great thing right there!
I work for the BCE. They offer a great benefits package. And they always hire direct.

FORD
09-27-2012, 09:45 PM
I work for the BCE. They offer a great benefits package..

Unlimited socks? :sockfucker:

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 09:52 PM
This site would be a damn nicer place if some shithead didn't post shit like this in reference to a post that was on subject and not offensive to anyone.This site would be an even lamer place if knotheads who beat off into tubesocks started calling the shots and became the moral barometer here.

If someone threw you an unopened 6-pack of crew socks, the last thing you would do is try to sound like fuckin' Ghandi!

jhale667
09-27-2012, 10:14 PM
:lmao: :sockfucker: gets hammered again...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/tumblr_m8qmixDhfU1r8ailxo1_500.jpg

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 10:21 PM
This site would be an even lamer place if knotheads who beat off into tubesocks started calling the shots and became the moral barometer here.

There's alway gonna be pricks like you who start shit and blame the other guy for derailing the thread. Then some other dick like Hale backs you up. You think you're going to stop someone from posting this way? Fuck no. I wish you did reside at my sisters place asshole. I'm sure they still have some open plots.

FORD
09-27-2012, 10:22 PM
:lmao:

jhale667
09-27-2012, 10:24 PM
There's alway gonna be pricks like you who start shit and blame the other guy for derailing the thread. Then some other dick like Hale backs you up. You think you're going to stop someone from posting this way? Fuck no. I wish you did reside at my sisters place asshole. I'm sure they still have some open plots.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/528758_401880593195093_759202068_n.jpg

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Unlimited socks?
Too bad your company doesn't offer unlimited socks. I'm sure the BCE would remedy that if you'd like. Where would you like your first?

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 10:29 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/528758_401880593195093_759202068_n.jpg
You must. You replied. Better run fries are done.

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 10:30 PM
:lmao:What are you laughing about , Mary?

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 10:38 PM
There's alway gonna be pricks like you who start shit and blame the other guy for derailing the thread. Then some other dick like Hale backs you up. You think you're going to stop someone from posting this way? Fuck no. I wish you did reside at my sisters place asshole. I'm sure they still have some open plots.More pearls of peace from mother/sock/cadaver/chicken/dog/fucker or whatever your fuckin' name is this week.:thumb:

It's not very nice of you to call your sisters place a 'plot'...
On the other hand, even a .747 looks small when it's flying through the Grand Canyon.;)

FORD
09-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Too bad your company doesn't offer unlimited socks. I'm sure the BCE would remedy that if you'd like. Where would you like your first?

Hell, I wish I had unlimited socks.

Not that I would rape them like you do, but size 15 socks are goddamn near impossible to find, so mine have to be holier than a 10 pound block of swiss cheese before I throw them away.

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 11:06 PM
More pearls of peace from mother/sock/cadaver/chicken/dog/fucker or whatever your fuckin' name is this week.:thumb:

It's not very nice of you to call your sisters place a 'plot.
Whatever you say hamsterupthepoopchute4lif. My sisters place is a plot dumbass, Are you really that dense?

motherchicken
09-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Hell, I wish I had unlimited socks.

Not that I would rape them like you do, but size 15 socks are goddamn near impossible to find, so mine have to be holier than a 10 pound block of swiss cheese before I throw them away.
Who are you? Pete Puma? You want a whole lotta socks.
I'm with you on the socks for your feet (or dong) thing. I have to buy the extra large ones too. I wear 14EE shoes and I don't need to brag about my shlong. The brothers in the big house use to cover their shit in shame went I enter the shower.

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Your selfish behavior doesn't surprise me in the least.

Dickface!

(Since you carried your pathetic fight with me onto shoes thread.)

Dickface...?...you, coming on to me, perhaps trying to line up some gay cyber fag stuff..?

No thanks..

Everything you post lately last couple years seems very gayer and gayer.

You should try for that skank you said you, "just met" (in the Romney war thread in The Front) and how you wanted to shove a bat or stick up her ass and beak it off..was it?

She may be your last bet at not sucking your buddies off anymore because you justify it as your right, to a good time between buddies, she may be able to save you, help you ..?

You are a sick little demented man.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend shoving things up womens asses and thinking about that in a sadistic way, by adding, that breaking it off is, normal speak.

Sorry shoes I was just having some fun in my DD post above but my reputation follows me wherever I go.

twonabomber
09-28-2012, 12:55 AM

Dickface...?...you, coming on to me, perhaps trying to line up some gay cyber fag stuff..?

No thanks..

You should try for that skank you said you, "just met" (in the Romney war thread in The Front) and how you wanted to shove a bat or stick up her ass and beak it off..was it?

She may be your last bet at not sucking your buddies off anymore because you justify it as your right, to a good time between buddies, she may be able to save you, help you ..?

P.S. I wouldn't recommend shoving things up womens asses and thinking about that in a sadistic way, by adding, that breaking it off is, normal speak.

Sorry shoes I was just having some fun in my DD post above but my reputation follows me wherever I go.

you impersonate a woman but call someone else gay?

you're both worthless assholes for shitting up this thread.

Nickdfresh
09-28-2012, 05:22 AM

No thanks..

What's fascinating is that a guy who's "givin' up on women" and never gets laid is calling a guy who gets lots of poon "gay". I mean, you're such a miserable fuckwit Thomo...

ZahZoo
09-28-2012, 09:22 AM

BUT

Congrats!! Always more interesting when you have options to choose.

Please ignore the Children of the Socks and their band of admirers... it's near the end of the month and some folks have run out of "Shut the Fuck Up™"...

Angel
09-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Please ignore the Children of the Socks and their band of admirers... it's near the end of the month and some folks have run out of "Shut the Fuck Up™"...

Way to go Shoes!...and yeah, what Zah said. Full moon is obviously in effect here ;)

motherchicken
09-28-2012, 11:51 PM

Just as I said before one of the regular A list pricks starts shit and the unpopular kids get the blame. It's always going to be the same old same old every other thread. You assholes have to shit in your own backyard then bitch about the stench.

ZahZoo
09-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Just as I said before one of the regular A list pricks starts shit and the unpopular kids get the blame. It's always going to be the same old same old every other thread. You assholes have to shit in your own backyard then bitch about the stench.

Oh cry me a fuckin river you big baby... you reap what you sow.

loucap81
09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I would still leave the DD door open. At this point, whoever can get you physically into their store, on the clock first, is the job you take. DD could still be that store since you haven't actually punched in a clock at YC yet.

Also and I'm guessing this goes without saying, keep looking. You're not tied down to YC if the long drive wears on you quickly.

motherchicken
09-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Oh cry me a fuckin river you big baby... you reap what you sow.
If the un cool kids cried as much as the supposedly cool ones do here we'd all drown. You're the one reaping what you sow. You turn one post from someone you don't like into a back and forth shit spewing fest. Then you bitch about it. Eat shit and die.

Angel
09-30-2012, 01:40 AM
If the un cool kids cried as much as the supposedly cool ones do here we'd all drown. You're the one reaping what you sow. You turn one post from someone you don't like into a back and forth shit spewing fest. Then you bitch about it. Eat shit and die.

Chicken, I won't deny that I don't like you; however, in this case I have to take your side somewhat. Sorry Zah, but you did bring it to this thread...

Angel
09-30-2012, 01:42 AM
I would still leave the DD door open. At this point, whoever can get you physically into their store, on the clock first, is the job you take. DD could still be that store since you haven't actually punched in a clock at YC yet.

Also and I'm guessing this goes without saying, keep looking. You're not tied down to YC if the long drive wears on you quickly.

I agree. Don't burn any bridges. I can't believe how bad the job situation is down there...

motherchicken
09-30-2012, 01:53 AM
Chicken, I won't deny that I don't like you; however, in this case I have to take your side somewhat. Sorry Zah, but you did bring it to this thread...
There's plenty people on this site I don't care for. I can't say I like or don't like them because I really don't know them. If somene rips me or someone else for what we post I can dig it. But ripping someone for who they are every post gets old. If you despise someone that much ignore them I don't know what I did to get on your bad side but I'm sure you've got your reasons.

motherchicken
09-30-2012, 02:01 AM
A mistake I've made time and time again is settling for the job you have simply because you got it. I hate looking for work more than working a shitty job. When you're out of work and you finally find something even if it's not your dream job you're so relieved you actually think you're happy. At least untill that relieved feeling wears off and you realize the job sucks. But instead of looking for something better I just keep on working there untill I just can't take it any more. Used to work out in the old days. Not so much today.

Angel
09-30-2012, 02:03 AM
There's plenty people on this site I don't care for. I can't say I like or don't like them because I really don't know them. If somene rips me or someone else for what we post I can dig it. But ripping someone for who they are every post gets old. If you despise someone that much ignore them I don't know what I did to get on your bad side but I'm sure you've got your reasons.

When I say I don't like "you", I am referring to your internet persona. It's all I know.

motherchicken
09-30-2012, 02:16 AM
When I say I don't like "you", I am referring to your internet persona. It's all I know.
You might like my "persona" better if I wasn't being defensive half the time. Sometimes things I post because I think it's funny don't come accross funny to others. You're cool in my book whether you like my "persona" or not.
We should get back on subject before someone gets their panties in a twist. But thanx for your input.

Angel
09-30-2012, 08:58 AM
A mistake I've made time and time again is settling for the job you have simply because you got it. I hate looking for work more than working a shitty job. When you're out of work and you finally find something even if it's not your dream job you're so relieved you actually think you're happy. At least untill that relieved feeling wears off and you realize the job sucks. But instead of looking for something better I just keep on working there untill I just can't take it any more. Used to work out in the old days. Not so much today.

Are you sure you're not talking about me? I HATED my last job. It was okay the first couple of months, and that's it. Ended up staying there 4 years. Thankfully, my employer gave me the push out the door that I needed, along with a 3 month severance package and a free "career consultant".

I hate the job I'm doing now, and should really look for something better, but how do you find the time to look when you're a full-time student with a part-time job?

ZahZoo
09-30-2012, 11:28 AM

I looked back and I don't know... I think I was about 4th or 5th in line... but no matter. Sorry for adding to the derail.

Von Halen
09-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I looked back and I don't know... I think I was about 4th or 5th in line... but no matter. Sorry for adding to the derail.

Yeah, quit fucking up the threads Zah.

Angel
09-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, quit fucking up the threads Zah.

Yeah, because we know Angel has never derailed a thread. :D

Sensible Shoes
09-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Within the derail, there has been some good advice. No harm, no foul.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
coch! oops, wrong thread ;)

loucap81
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree. Don't burn any bridges. I can't believe how bad the job situation is down there...

It's all about perspective. Compared to much of Europe we're doing swell. But compared to the levels of unemployment we're used to (around 5%) it's pretty bad. And of course there are loads of people who have either given up looking for work or are woefully underemployed/underpaid relative to their education level.

In all honesty the shift in the jobs model has been brewing for at least a couple decades in this country...if you don't have the brains and education for hard math and science, you have a significantly tougher path to getting a job than those who do. Obviously you can't have a country where everyone does a math and science dependent job which is what makes this really hard. And if you don't have a college education, gone are the days where you could actually own a home and make a decent living as a blue collar worker. My grandfather was a truck driver and my grandmother didn't work. He owned a house and while he lived modestly, he lived comfortably. There's no way in hell you could do that today.

I've had my own issues finding a job in the last year since getting laid off. I thankfully have one now but we're nervous as to the workflow and whether there will be stoppages and call backs. I never thought I'd get to the point where I would be thrilled to wake up Monday morning and go to work because it meant that I had a job.

But we all trudge on and to bring this back on topic, I commend Shoes for swallowing her pride and dealing with the cards she was dealt. Like I said, make small talk with all the customers, maybe someone drops off a business card for you so you can move to something better. And just keep looking even while working.

Sensible Shoes
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Here, here.

ThrillsNSpills
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Can't you train dogs?

you can do something freelance in the meantime, no?

Sensible Shoes
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes! I can sell candles! And with the schedule, I have room for another job at night.

Orientation today. Lots of paperwork, philosophy and procedures. And a really cool factory tour. DId you know they turn out a million candles a WEEK?

Sales orientation tomorrow.

twonabomber
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
good luck!

just don't get cunty like my sister-in-law's sister. :D

Von Halen
10-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I just got a Yankee Candle postcard in the mail today. I threw it away.

A million candles a week? Who the fuck is buying those stupid candles?

A lot of houses burning down, I bet.

Mr Walker
10-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I just got a Yankee Candle postcard in the mail today. I threw it away.

A million candles a week? Who the fuck is buying those stupid candles?

A lot of houses burning down, I bet.

Fuck You Von Halen.
Yankee Candles are the shit!
I stop in my Yankee Candle store once every few weeks and buy a bag full of shit.
I bet my house smells a lot better than Von Halen's... his house probably reeks of dried up semen and man-ass! Jerk!
Congratulations SS... Yankee Candle is cool in my book.

ZahZoo
10-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Congrats Shoes!!

Fuck off Von... You're just pissy because they don't carry Old Skank scents in Orange to match your man-whore shorts...

I figured these stinky candles wouldn't be a big seller down in the south due to the name... but appears they are sold all over the place down here.

Zempi
10-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Congrats! You may enjoy it more than you think you will. Look at the DD job (or lack of) as a blessing in disguise. I am not sure you would have liked that one in the end.

Von Halen
10-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey, dumb and dumber, shut the fuck up.

You are right about one thing Mr. Wanker. You are buying a bag of shit. Your house must smell like a French brothel.

Zah, here you go again, derailing the same fucking thread you already derailed. Go back to filling your house with smell of boiling pigs feet.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
mmmmmmm, pigs feet

Sensible Shoes
10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Day one at Yankee Candle - my head is about to explode with all the information I tried to absorb today! Did you know that YC produces a million candles a week? The largest order rung up today was about $1,100. The average at the cash registers is about 30K. Wow. A lot to learn and to learn FAST.

jhale667
10-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Day one at Yankee Candle - my head is about to explode with all the information I tried to absorb today! Did you know that YC produces a million candles a week? The largest order rung up today was about $1,100. The average at the cash registers is about 30K. Wow. A lot to learn and to learn FAST.

You'll do it. :baaa:

Sensible Shoes
10-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I smell like candles.

DONNIEP
10-02-2012, 09:39 PM
I smell like candles.

Red velvet cake candles?

Sensible Shoes
10-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes, they have those. I don't think it's one of the strongest ones, however.

DONNIEP
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
A lady I work with part-times at a Yankee Candle up north. She loves working there.

FORD
10-03-2012, 12:07 AM
A lady I work with part-times at a Yankee Candle up north. She loves working there.

Do they have Yankee Candles in the South, and if so, does anybody buy them there with that name? :biggrin:

twonabomber
10-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Von Halen's... his house probably reeks of dried up semen and man-ass! Jerk!

Von's house smells like that because it's in Detroit!

envy_me
10-03-2012, 01:03 AM
I just googled Yankee Candles to see what it was, and it seems we have it here too. Just wrote .se instead of .com at the end :-)
I'd much rather smell like candles then DD and fast food. I used to work in a fast food restaraunt, my second job ever. My first job was working at kindergarden with kids, so I feel like I upgraded. Anyway, it wasn't just the smell, it felt like the grease stuck to me, couldn't scrub it off. And I always felt like I smelled of burgers.

DONNIEP
10-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Do they have Yankee Candles in the South, and if so, does anybody buy them there with that name? :biggrin:

We do have 'em down here. We just all mutter "goddamn yankees" when we walk in the store :)

Von Halen
10-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Down south they are called Rebel Candle. The most popular scents are Outhouse, Skoal and Moonshine.

Zah likes the special edition package, that plays the theme from Deliverance when you light it.

ZahZoo
10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Von you'd enjoy the seasonal scents down here... Man Farts in a damp Duck-Blind... smells just like your master bathroom. Moonshine was replaced by stale Busch Lite...

Shoes smelling like candles can't be too bad... it could be worse. When I was 20 I dated a girl who worked at Taco Bell briefly... that was bad!!

Von Halen
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
When I was 20 I dated a girl who worked at Taco Bell briefly... that was bad!!

Taco Bell has been around that long?

What did her "taco" smell like?

ZahZoo
10-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Taco Bell started in 1964 and went public in 1970...

Her "taco" smelled like a fine, heavenly 19 year old beach beauty... after work her clothes and hair smelled like re-fried lard... Luckily she quit taco hell and went to work at a bank and smelled of money then... much improved!!

motherchicken
10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't get greedy when you get something good going for ya. I've got a full time job and got approved for a veterans retraining program that I applied for when I was out of work. 1500 extra bucks a month as soon as I start school. I get a call to work at a seafood processing company for a one day gig and end up fucking up my back. I should have known better but I could use the extra cash. Luckilly my full time gig isn't doing manual labor. I'm still on probation there.

ELVIS
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
What are you, an ex-con ??

jhale667
10-04-2012, 08:58 PM

Hello and welcome to last year... :biggrin:

ELVIS
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
So, what's the deal ??

motherchicken
10-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Probation on my job.

motherchicken
10-04-2012, 09:38 PM
So, what's the deal ??
I did a short stint in the big house in the early 90s for pot. Got my conviction downgraded to a misdemeanor after the fact. Since I wasn't locked down for a year I retained all my rights.

DONNIEP
10-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Shoes smelling like candles can't be too bad... it could be worse. When I was 20 I dated a girl who worked at Taco Bell briefly... that was bad!!

Speaking of women who smell like their job...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhKU5AhPiU

gbranton
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Speaking of women who smell like their job...

LOL @ Unknown Hinson, a buddy of mine just saw him the other night and said he was awesome. I'm not into him yet.

DONNIEP
10-05-2012, 09:30 PM
LOL @ Unknown Hinson, a buddy of mine just saw him the other night and said he was awesome. I'm not into him yet.

Unknown used to be in a band with a good friend of mine, Sugarcreek. He wanted Lynn to drum for him in the early 90s but he was burned out from the road.

loucap81
10-09-2012, 07:37 PM
So how is it going so far?

Igosplut
10-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Taco Bell has been around that long?

What did her "taco" smell like?

Hey fucker, I want you to call me....

Do it..

Igosplut
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Is this the same Lou?

loucap81
10-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah, same guy who five years ago yesterday was up in Toronto partying with about 20 other people from DDLR. I was thinking about that last night...still really great memories and so glad I decided to do that.

Sensible Shoes
10-13-2012, 08:43 PM
So how is it going so far?

Great. I love it. Just wish it was enough to pay the bills.

Sensible Shoes
10-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, same guy who five years ago yesterday was up in Toronto partying with about 20 other people from DDLR. I was thinking about that last night...still really great memories and so glad I decided to do that.

Five years ALREAdY? My God. Time flies. Yes those were some damn good times.

loucap81
10-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Great. I love it. Just wish it was enough to pay the bills.

How many hours per week are they giving you, and do you have the time to work a second part-time job?

twonabomber
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM

i was thinking about that week the other day. someone on another forum i frequent posted a Canadian Thanksgiving thread...first Toronto show was the day before their Thanksgiving. then Wednesday, and Dave's birthday in Cleveland, and sightseeing in TO again on Friday.

loucap81
11-20-2012, 08:52 PM
So how's this working out? Please don't tell me you have to work ridiculous hours Thursday night into Friday morning. Happy Thanksgiving too.

Sensible Shoes
12-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Good news tonight - not FABULOUS news but good news, today the seasonal job got extended to periodic part time. Considering they were going to hire 11 permanent people, I squeezed in at #12 after a personal pitch to the boss. The first permanent opening is mine. After the big career in TV, don't know why this feels like such a coup, but somehow, it is!

sadaist
12-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Good for you shoes. Proud of you and we're all rooting for you.

Zing!
12-18-2012, 12:17 PM
After reading the headlines lately, this is good news indeed! Congrats Shoes - hope it works out for you!

PETE'S BROTHER
12-18-2012, 12:24 PM
atta girl :thumb:

Nickdfresh
12-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Good news tonight - not FABULOUS news but good news, today the seasonal job got extended to periodic part time. Considering they were going to hire 11 permanent people, I squeezed in at #12 after a personal pitch to the boss. The first permanent opening is mine. After the big career in TV, don't know why this feels like such a coup, but somehow, it is!

All that matters is if you like what you do...

vandeleur
12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
All that matters is if you like what you do...

And they pay you :D

Nickdfresh
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
And they pay you :D

And not in candles...

Hardrock69
12-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Mucho congrats, baby! :yo:

ELVIS
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Are ya down with the DP ??

:elvis:

Sensible Shoes
12-19-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't know what that means Elbow, and I'm not sure I care.

ashstralia
12-19-2012, 07:44 PM
He's obsessed with g.o.a.t's package...:biggrin:

Little Texan
12-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't know what that means Elbow, and I'm not sure I care.

Click HERE (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?67146-G-O-A-T-amp-Your-M-O-M&p=1721126&viewfull=1#post1721126) , watch the video, and you'll understand.

ELVIS
12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
:biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Less shocking than Dave's cock sling.

DONNIEP
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Less shocking than Dave's cock sling.

It's a Singapore Dick Sling. And we're gonna start selling them :)

Little Texan
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Are ya down with the DP ??

:elvis:

Shoes is down for the 3P. :biggrin:

ashstralia
12-20-2012, 06:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc

PETE'S BROTHER
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
It's a Singapore Dick Sling. And we're gonna start selling them :)

slingapore