PDA

View Full Version : Are you gonna buy iPhone 5?

envy_me
09-29-2012, 06:27 AM
I have iphone 4, that I got 1,5 year ago. It is still working okey so I wasn't exactly standing in line for the 5. But sooner or later this one is gonna crash, so I am thinking about what phone should I buy next. Does one stick with the safe option, or risk and go for something else.

Before the smartphone, the only thing that I could work with that didn't irritate the hell out of me was Nokia. I tried most others, they annoyed me for entire time I had them. I regreted buying other stuff then Nokia. So now I'm afraid to switch from iphone, that I am kinda happy with... It's not perfect, but it's no disaster either.

Have you seen all these people in line for iphone 5?? It's crazy, it's JUST a phone!!!

Have you got it yet? What's your review?

Dan
09-29-2012, 06:42 AM
What is A iphone?

vh rides again
09-29-2012, 06:50 AM
I'll wait till I get a upgrade from Verizon before I change phones.
iPhones do kick ass :)

Roth And Roll

vandeleur
09-29-2012, 06:56 AM
The only thing that pisses me off with this iPhone malarkey is the shitty contract thing.
I got the 4s when it came out ,luckily my contact was up about the same time .
But will now have to wait another year to get the 5. And I am so shallow I quite like having an up to date phone ,it's my little treat to myself.
They should have shorter contracts but apple kinda have companies by their bollox and force them to have these lengthier contracts.
Still iPhones do rock ... And the 5 will stop being not as good as the 4s as soon as I get one :D

vandeleur
09-29-2012, 07:00 AM
I did read the 5 had a new connector which makes all these docking stations and chargers obsolete which is pretty cynical, tho am sure there will be a converter at some point .

envy_me
09-29-2012, 07:03 AM
I did read the 5 had a new connector which makes all these docking stations and chargers obsolete which is pretty cynical, tho am sure there will be a converter at some point .

That is so irritating, why did they have to do that?? And I have not less then 3 chargers :-(

vandeleur
09-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Cos apple like our money :biggrin:

envy_me
09-29-2012, 07:04 AM
This is my all time favorite phone. If I could just find a new one somewhere, I would only use my iphone for surfing the internet. Look at it, it looks like ice-cream. My old one isn't working :-(

http://swotti.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheBM9RAWEGNZM5MA==VGVJAG5VBG9NES1NB2JPBGUGUGHVB MVZ/imgNokia%2073904.jpg

envy_me
09-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Cos apple like our money :biggrin:

What irritates me the most with apple is itunes. I have ipod and iphone, but I want different music on them, is that even possible??

vandeleur
09-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah you can set up different playlist I got a shuffle for when I run case I drop my iPhone . And it has different tunes from my phone

envy_me
09-29-2012, 07:25 AM
My iphone is full, no more space. I wanna remove some music since I listen to music on my ipod. lear some space. How do I do that?

Von Halen
09-29-2012, 12:04 PM
My iphone is full, no more space. I wanna remove some music since I listen to music on my ipod. lear some space. How do I do that?

Put it all in the Cloud. I jump in my car, my iphone connects to my radio and I can listen to anything I have in my itunes. Purchased, or put there by me. Love it.

envy_me
09-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Put it all in the Cloud. I jump in my car, my iphone connects to my radio and I can listen to anything I have in my itunes. Purchased, or put there by me. Love it.

What am I gonna do with my library then?

VAiN
09-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm up for an upgrade and I just dropped and cracked my iPhone 4 a week ago... so phone destiny is in action here. I have a guy here who buys old iPhones - even with a cracked screen, for $200. That will cover the $200 for the 5... I'm waiting for it to be back in stock sometime next week..

VAiN
09-29-2012, 12:52 PM

You must have an unlimited data plan, right?

envy_me
09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Apart from my hatred for itunes, what really makes ne consider to abandon Apple is that it feels like they are bonding you to them. All purchases, apps, everything. If you buy another phone, you have to do it all over again. Like a cult. It's too much hustle getting out. And the longer you stay, the harder it is to break free. I am just thinking about breaking the bond while I still have the chance.

Coyote
09-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Hell no, I'm not buying the new one.

And although I'm quite happy with my 4, I'm curious about the HTC phones... (NOT the one with the Windows OS)

envy_me
09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Is HTC Chinese or do I have it wrong? I really don't wanna support chinese businesses.
(yeah I know, chinese are probably making most of my clothes and shoes, and all other phones, but I avoid it as much as I can)

Little Texan
09-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Is HTC Chinese or do I have it wrong? I really don't wanna support chinese businesses.
(yeah I know, chinese are probably making most of my clothes and shoes, and all other phones, but I avoid it as much as I can)

I believe the iPhone is made in China, so you are already inadvertently supporting China. ;)

Little Texan
09-29-2012, 03:07 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=htc+wiki

Coyote
09-29-2012, 03:25 PM

Personally, I don't really care where a product is made, as long as the quality is top notch.
Don't get me wrong though. I will gladly fork out some more money for a product that's made under more humane conditions.
But given that I don't have that much to spend at the moment, a choice between, say, a cool 450€ Italian leather jacket and a 40€ "Made In China" faux-leather jacket (which looks cool but is essentially like a raincoat, material wise) is a no-brainer.

I will get that Italian jacket, though, as soon as I get my tax returns...

ELVIS
09-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I think the iPhone 4 is the best gadget ever made to date...

It does everything really well...

I'm just gonna get another refurbished 4

Plus I hate the new connector idea...

fourthcoming
09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
I will not be buying the I-Phone 5. Can't understand everyone's infatuation with these overrated things. They're phones...they're not saving mankind.....some of us grew up never having a cell phone. Maybe eventually we had a pager....and you know what...we all managed to survive. If the Iphone 12 can one day perform felatio, perhaps I will purchase that one. The world's rediculous cell phone infatuation is not understood by me at all. Car companies are making driver-less cars because everyone is so obsessed with their stupid phones that they can't even stay off of them long enough to drive responsibly. One more thing...do i really need another bill every month that is going to rival my rediculously high cable bill?

envy_me
09-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Personally, I don't really care where a product is made, as long as the quality is top notch.
Don't get me wrong though. I will gladly fork out some more money for a product that's made under more humane conditions.
But given that I don't have that much to spend at the moment, a choice between, say, a cool 450€ Italian leather jacket and a 40€ "Made In China" faux-leather jacket (which looks cool but is essentially like a raincoat, material wise) is a no-brainer.

I will get that Italian jacket, though, as soon as I get my tax returns...

I dislike chinese culture so intensly, I really don't want to support them or their companies. There are probably many great individuals there, but their culture is just... I don't know what to say. I am like that as a person, I don't wanna support Mc Donalds, so I more or less never eat there (there are few exceptions the days I feel "relaxed" and naughty that I end up there, but it is really exception) :D God, I sound so stiff :D
I also don't want to support meat industry.
I try to buy products that are produced in Europe (often there isn't much produced here, but when there is I choose that) even if it is more expencive, just so we can keep our jobs and industry.

I know iphone is also made in China, but at least it's not a chinese company. If Nokia could make a good phone, that would really solve my problems.

envy_me
09-29-2012, 04:23 PM
I will not be buying the I-Phone 5. Can't understand everyone's infatuation with these overrated things. They're phones...they're not saving mankind.....some of us grew up never having a cell phone. Maybe eventually we had a pager....and you know what...we all managed to survive. If the Iphone 12 can one day perform felatio, perhaps I will purchase that one. The world's rediculous cell phone infatuation is not understood by me at all. Car companies are making driver-less cars because everyone is so obsessed with their stupid phones that they can't even stay off of them long enough to drive responsibly. One more thing...do i really need another bill every month that is going to rival my rediculously high cable bill?

He is THE KING!!! Lol, "nerd tax" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlcygXYK_Y0

envy_me
09-29-2012, 04:32 PM
My options are: iphone, nokia, samsung, sony.. Anything else? (no chinese)

Edit: HTC is from Taiwan, yaaay :D Now, I've got some research to do :-)

Angel
09-29-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd go with Samsung...

Von Halen
09-29-2012, 06:07 PM
You must have an unlimited data plan, right?

Doesn't everyone? Simply Everything. What good is technology if you can't use it?

ELVIS
09-29-2012, 06:40 PM
One more thing...do i really need another bill every month that is going to rival my rediculously high cable bill?

No, just cancel the cable and get an iPhone...

DONNIEP
09-29-2012, 06:57 PM

If it wasn't for my daughter I'd cancel the cable. I watch everything on my 4s. And I swore to god I'd never watch anything on a phone...

Angel
09-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Doesn't everyone? Simply Everything. What good is technology if you can't use it?

Not me. We get royally fucked up the ass for data up here.

VAiN
09-29-2012, 08:41 PM

No, most of us don't have an unlimited data plan on ATT. If you do, you were grandfathered in...

VAiN
09-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Apart from my hatred for itunes.

OK, I'll bite - what did iTunes ever do to you? Why the hate and what do you use to manage your music?

DONNIEP
09-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Not me. We get royally fucked up the ass for data up here.

I have Sprint and unlimited data. It's expensive - my plan is 90 bucks a month. My daughter is currently with Virgin Mobile and her unlimited data plan is $25 a month. No shit. It would be $35 if she was a new customer but since I've had her on it so long it's just $25. It's unlimited but after she uses so much data it throttles back to a slower speed but it's not that noticeable. And it's running on the Sprint network. So at 25 bucks a month Sprint is making money and Virgin Mobile is making money. Hard to believe isn't it? I'm gonna put her on my plan cause she really wants an iPhone, so bye bye to her cheap plan...

Angel
09-29-2012, 09:34 PM
I just found an actual unlimited plan for $60!!! That's CHEAP for here, believe it or not. The bad part is I still have a year left on my contract with my current provider.

I'm not sure which way to go. I'm eligible for an upgrade, and REALLY want to get rid of my piece of shit BB, but don't want to lock in to my shitty provider. Grrr, I hate decisions like this, lol.

ELVIS
09-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Get a refurbished iPhone 4 on the $60 plan...

DONNIEP
09-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Elvis is right - get an iphone 4 and go with the unlimited data plan. I was dead set against getting a smart phone and I was shocked how much I used it right out of the box. The damn things are gonna be the downfall of society but at least it'll be a fun ride :gulp:

Angel
09-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Only problem is I still have a year left on the contract for this piece of shit... I'm thinking Galaxy III for the new phone though...

BITEYOASS
09-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Am I going to buy an iphone5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o

ELVIS
09-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm thinking Galaxy III for the new phone though...

No, iPhone 4 is the best by far...

BITEYOASS
09-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I'll stick with my super-fast cable internet.

Angel
09-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I'll stick with my super-fast cable internet.

I only use my laptop for school stuff. Had to instill some discipline. :)

DONNIEP
09-29-2012, 11:23 PM
I only use my laptop for school stuff. Had to instill some discipline. :)

I have zero discipline. I was on my iphone, checking out this site during church last week :biggrin:

Angel
09-30-2012, 12:54 AM
I have zero discipline. I was on my iphone, checking out this site during church last week :biggrin:

That's why I had to make a rule for the computer after last term. I was spending way too much time on here and watching youtubes of the tour.

envy_me
09-30-2012, 04:08 AM
OK, I'll bite - what did iTunes ever do to you? Why the hate and what do you use to manage your music?

I hate it because it makes no sense. It is totally illogical, the simpleist things are hard or even impossible to do. I still use it to manage music, what choice do I have.

vandeleur
09-30-2012, 04:09 AM
I was spending way too much time on here and watching youtubes of the tour.

You say that like its a bad thing :D

ashstralia
09-30-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm happy with my 4s. It's perfectly adequate. I might have a look at the 6 or 7 in a few years...:)

fourthcoming
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM

There's never anything on television anyway.....you may be on to something.....I am fortunate enough to have a company phone...which is currently an extremely out of date Blackberry. Thankfully the contract expires in a month and the company is giving me some kind of new Droid phone....not sure exactly which one....but it's free. No need to pay for a personal phone too so I'm lucky in that regard. Maybe I can keep wasting money on my cable now.

Seshmeister
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM

At least on here you may learn something useful...

DONNIEP
10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
At least on here you may learn something useful...

Depends on which thread one is reading :gulp:

binnie
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Given Apple's shitty record on treating the people who work in their factory, I'll never buy any of their products.

ZahZoo
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Not really that interested in iPhone 5... just qualified for an upgrade and ordered an iPhone4 for $0.99. Wasn't a tough choice... 99 cents or $199.99. Call me a cheap bastard but it's just phone with features...

loucap81
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I've had a 3GS for three years and I was thinking of getting the 5 last week. Then I realized that I just don't want to spend $200.

The only appeal of the iPhone 5 to me is 4G accessibility; if not for that I'd simply snap up a 4 for free (with the contract, of course).

envy_me
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Uum? Is it only 200 dollars over there? That's nothing.

DONNIEP
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Uum? Is it only 200 dollars over there? That's nothing.

200 bucks is nothing? Geez, 200 bucks is a lot of money to me...not break-the-bank but it's still a lot to put out for the newest gadget when you have a kid with expensive hobbies.

envy_me
10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
200 bucks is nothing? Geez, 200 bucks is a lot of money to me...not break-the-bank but it's still a lot to put out for the newest gadget when you have a kid with expensive hobbies.

I didn't mean it was nothing, I mean that in this context it's nothing. Let me calculate to dollars what iPhone 5 costs here. Just a sec...

The cheapest one, of 16 gb, costs 6000 crowns which is 873,72 USD.

32 gb costs 7000 crowns, which is 1 019,34 USD.

And 64 gb is 8000 crowns which gives you 1 164,96 USD.

So, 200 in nothing.

DONNIEP
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I see - you're comparing to the full retail. So 200 US converts to 8 Swedish cheeseburgers :biggrin:

envy_me
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I see - you're comparing to the full retail. So 200 US converts to 8 Swedish cheeseburgers :biggrin:

What is full retail? What do you mean?

DONNIEP
10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
What is full retail? What do you mean?

The full price of the phone if you purchase it without a contract. For example, before the 5 came out you could buy a 4s at Walmart for around 650 bucks. But with a contract the price was $199. Now, if you sign a new contract or are up for an upgrade a 4s goes for 145 bucks. Or you can get a 4 for 99 bucks or cheaper.

envy_me
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
The full price of the phone if you purchase it without a contract. For example, before the 5 came out you could buy a 4s at Walmart for around 650 bucks. But with a contract the price was $199. Now, if you sign a new contract or are up for an upgrade a 4s goes for 145 bucks. Or you can get a 4 for 99 bucks or cheaper.

Oh, that explains it. I was already thinking of ways to buy it there cheap and sell it here :D

VAiN
10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Not really that interested in iPhone 5... just qualified for an upgrade and ordered an iPhone4 for $0.99. Wasn't a tough choice... 99 cents or $199.99. Call me a cheap bastard but it's just phone with features...

If you've never had one, you will love the 4 - especially at 99¢. I've had one for almost 2 years now... There are only a handful of features on the 4s & 5 that aren't available on the 4, and trust me, you won't miss them.

envy_me
10-02-2012, 04:11 AM
The camera on iphone 4 is the worst ever!!! I hope it's better on other phones. I feel bitter having to drag along my Canon everywhere I go, just cause the phone can't do the job.

Wow, what a problem :D

ashstralia
10-02-2012, 04:56 AM
The camera on iphone 4 is the worst ever!!! I hope it's better on other phones. I feel bitter having to drag along my Canon everywhere I go, just cause the phone can't do the job.

So you got out your quality canon to to photograph the 23 buck vegeburger???

envy_me
10-02-2012, 05:09 AM
So you got out your quality canon to to photograph the 23 buck vegeburger???

No I didn't. That was iphone. I didn't care how that turned out.

ashstralia
10-02-2012, 05:15 AM
I cleaned my 4s last night, took her out of her bondage wear and made every crevice sparkle... :biggrin:

ZahZoo
10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I've had a 3GS for three years and I was thinking of getting the 5 last week. Then I realized that I just don't want to spend $200.

The only appeal of the iPhone 5 to me is 4G accessibility; if not for that I'd simply snap up a 4 for free (with the contract, of course).

Being on family plan and living in an area that doesn't have 4G service yet... the 4G accessibility isn't much of a consideration. We've had to force ourselves and kids to pretty much using wi-fi due to the data charges stacking up. Plus having a huge cable modem bandwidth and dual band wireless N at home with 3-4 computers and 4 phones is plenty fast enough what we do...

ELVIS
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
3G is plenty fast for 99% of people...

VAiN
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I am the 1%

Nickdfresh
10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Hilarious SNL skit:

envy_me
10-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Have you guys ever tried using you iphone with your nose? I did it the first time when I was carrying two bags in my right hand and holding my iphone in my left hand. It worked.
Since then I have tried my elbow and chin. Even the tounge works. I really, really wish I was a guy right now. Hey guys, try it and report back on how it went :-)

DONNIEP
10-23-2012, 06:55 PM
You should try it with your boobs and take a picture.

Nickdfresh
10-24-2012, 09:02 AM
No, I will not be purchasing the iPhone5...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/attachments/android-forum/13844d1282477823-post-your-android-vs-apple-wallpapers-images-here-android_eating_apple.jpg

envy_me
10-24-2012, 12:39 PM
You should try it with your boobs and take a picture.

Nag, nag, nag... :-)

BigBadBrian
10-25-2012, 07:44 AM

All cell phone cameras suck compared to a real camera. Fact. Is it that big of a pain in the ass to carry a small point-and-shoot? You're a female, don't you carry a purse?

BTW - ditch the Canon for a Nikon. :gulp: Just kidding...I'm a Nikon guy. :)

envy_me
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
All cell phone cameras suck compared to a real camera. Fact. Is it that big of a pain in the ass to carry a small point-and-shoot? You're a female, don't you carry a purse?

Nikon is great. Canon is great. They are both very camera oriented. It's brands like Samsung that I don't like. I just don't trust in quality of a company that makes everything, from frying pans and pots to footballs to cameras.

envy_me
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Ok, so I ordered the Iphone 5 yesterday. Might as well go for the phone I am used to.
It came today, I just have to call my dad to pick it up for me :D

Seshmeister
03-21-2013, 11:27 AM
I've been to the toilet twice today, once around 9:15 and then an hour ago.

I used approximately 6 sheets of paper.

envy_me
03-21-2013, 11:39 AM
I've been to the toilet twice today, once around 9:15 and then an hour ago.

I used approximately 6 sheets of paper.

How many sheets of paper did you need after posting this post?

Nitro Express
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM

The problem I have with digital cameras is the physical build quality is crap. They break. I still have my old Nikon F3 and it's a professional grade camera built like a tank. Why they don't build digital cameras to the same standard is beyond me. One reason may be digital things are throw away items. The technology becomes obsolete quick so why bother to put it in a package that will last a long time. Still. The cheap build quality sucks.

Nikon has always offered a good bang for the buck. They have their own glass factory and make their own lenses and for the money the quality is pretty good. I have a Leica spotting scope and a Nikon spotting scope. The Leica is not that much better than the Nikon to justify the difference in price.

Nitro Express
03-21-2013, 12:04 PM
I didn't mean it was nothing, I mean that in this context it's nothing. Let me calculate to dollars what iPhone 5 costs here. Just a sec...

The cheapest one, of 16 gb, costs 6000 crowns which is 873,72 USD.

32 gb costs 7000 crowns, which is 1 019,34 USD.

And 64 gb is 8000 crowns which gives you 1 164,96 USD.

So, 200 in nothing.

I laugh when people say Sweden has free healthcare. It isn't free. You guys pay dearly for it. It's why your taxes are so freaking high on everything.

ELVIS
03-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I'd have to be on government issue Valium to consider paying such inflated prices...

Angel
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I laugh when people say Sweden has free healthcare. It isn't free. You guys pay dearly for it. It's why your taxes are so freaking high on everything.

We have "free" healthcare and although our taxes are high, they are nowhere near as high as Sweden's. But, they also have free education and excellent childcare benefits. I'm incurring 11-13000 in student loan debt every year for 4 years. I'd gladly pay higher taxes to have the benefits that Sweden has.

envy_me
03-24-2013, 11:27 AM

Well, of course. Everything that government gives for free is sponsored by taxes or other fees. That's not the point though.

The point is that everybody pays little (or as much as they can depending on their salary) so that the individual isn't struck by economic disaster when he gets sick. Solidarity, Nitro. Solidarity.

ashstralia
03-25-2013, 05:40 AM
brilliant post, envy. we, like you, have a gst. it's 10% now, since it's introduction in 2000. i reckon i'd bung it up to 15, and include overseas web transactions as well. that would instantly make our treasury $b's...

back on topic; when my plan runs out the 6 should be available. i said that before, right? :D

envy_me
03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
I love my 5. I don't know why, it's pretty much the same as 4, and I still haven't gotten drunk and spoken to Siri. But I love it anyway :D

ELVIS
03-25-2013, 09:52 AM
How much did the switch from 4 to 5 set your sugar daddy back ??

envy_me
03-25-2013, 09:55 AM
How much did the switch from 4 to 5 set your sugar daddy back ??

Lol, nothing. I don't have a sugar daddy. I have a job and I buy my own stuff.

ELVIS
03-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Nothing ??

It was free ??

envy_me
03-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Nothing ??

It was free ??

No, I actually don't know. It has to do with my operator. As long as I'm with them I get a new phone every two years. So I don't know actually. I can see what it costs in the shop. Just a sec.

envy_me
03-25-2013, 10:11 AM
It's 6195 crowns, that is 910 dollars.

ELVIS
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
How much is your monthly service, if I may ask ??

envy_me
03-25-2013, 10:20 AM
How much is your monthly service, if I may ask ??

Of course :-) It's 500. That is 73,50 dollars. And I can call for a certain amount, I don't know how much though. I am not too good with this stuff, details and contracts. I don't think I pay over 500 a month. But they draw the money automaticly from my account, so I am not sure.

ELVIS
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah, they gotta be tacking that phone onto your bill, heavily..

We have two refurbished iPhone 4s with contracts, with unlimited data on one for about the same as your monthly bill...

envy_me
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, they gotta be tacking that phone onto your bill, heavily..

We have two refurbished iPhone 4s with contracts, with unlimited data on one for about the same as your monthly bill...

I can surf as much as I want to, I never pay anything extra for it.

I figure I'm gonna pay 500 a month no matter what, might as well get a new phone. And also, my old phone started lose connection, the battery isn't what it used to be and so on... I think they are made to last for two years, so you'd have to buy a new one after that.

ELVIS
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
They're easy to fix...

I've been through quite a few 4s and made a bit of cash fixing them...

It's cool because I always keep the best one for myself...

envy_me
03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
They're easy to fix...

I've been through quite a few 4s and made a bit of cash fixing them...

It's cool because I always keep the best one for myself...

Really? How do you fix them?

Jérôme Frenchise
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4562/iphonesheep.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/iphonesheep.jpg/)

:smoke2:

( but you can put so many other names instead on the sign... :) )

envy_me
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4562/iphonesheep.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/iphonesheep.jpg/)

:smoke2:

Oh, shut up. Sheep aren't that stupid :biggrin:

Jérôme Frenchise
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Oh, shut up. Sheep aren't that stupid :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I thought someone would have already posted it, but as no one had, I did. :)

I am not, but I can understand that when you are into iphones you can but follow and buy the newest version.

I had a smart phone until my 40th birthday. The guitar player in my band got married that day, and I don't remember if it was stolen or I lost it in the park where we celbrated the wedding till early in the morning ( I don't remember everything :biggrin: ), but ever since I've been happy with the most basic nokia you can find. :)

ELVIS
03-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Really? How do you fix them?

With iTools, of course...;)

envy_me
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM
With iTools, of course...;)

:lmao:

envy_me
03-25-2013, 01:19 PM
:biggrin:

I thought someone would have already posted it, but as no one had, I did. :)

I am not, but I can understand that when you are into iphones you can but follow and buy the newest version.

I had a smart phone until my 40th birthday. The guitar player in my band got married that day, and I don't remember if it was stolen or I lost it in the park where we celbrated the wedding till early in the morning ( I don't remember everything :biggrin: ), but ever since I've been happy with the most basic nokia you can find. :)

In reality, I am not a follower. I'd NEVER stand in line for it. NEVER. It's just that my old isn't working properly, and I have gotten used to using iphone, so what the hell. I know what to expect. And I do use it ALL the time.

But I am thinking of buying a Mac next time I buy a laptop, just cause PC suck!!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
In reality, I am not a follower. I'd NEVER stand in line for it. NEVER. It's just that my old isn't working properly, and I have gotten used to using iphone, so what the hell. I know what to expect. And I do use it ALL the time.

But I am thinking of buying a Mac next time I buy a laptop, just cause PC suck!!!!

I understand, once you've used an iphone, you just can't set to anything else - or maybe something better,
but as it's supposed to be the best stuff in the market...

As for Macs, they're more reliable material than most PCs, that's for sure.
My partner has had an Imac G4 Sunflower for 12 years. She hardly ever uses it now,
but whenever we need it as temporary replacement it's still working perfectly.

envy_me
03-25-2013, 04:40 PM
I understand, once you've used an iphone, you just can't set to anything else - or maybe something better,
but as it's supposed to be the best stuff in the market...

As for Macs, they're more reliable material than most PCs, that's for sure.
My partner has had an Imac G4 Sunflower for 12 years. She hardly ever uses it now,
but whenever we need it as temporary replacement it's still working perfectly.

I used to be like that with Nokia before the smartphones. I have tried most of the big brands and none could compete with Nokia. But now I have gotten used to this, so...

I HATE PC. It's always bothering me with questions about updates. It updates and installs stuff I never asked for. It's ALWAYS bothering me. I HATE it. I haven't even had my current one for a year, I am already getting blue screen. I HATE IT!!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!

Nitro Express
03-25-2013, 04:59 PM
It amazes me this whole smart phone thing started when Steve Jobs went to lunch and noticed everyone in in the restaurant was using a cell phone, a Blackberry or Palm Pilot, and maybe a digital camera or laptop. He saw people were hauling all these separate devices around and he saw Apple could combine them because what makes all that stuff work is software and then Apple also was a hardware company and they could do the whole thing in house. The weak point was they had to find someone to provide the wireless service and at the time it was AT&T.

Apple invented the thing and being a hardware and software company is a huge advantage then of course you have the brand-name. I can remember listening to Carly Fiorina when she was running HP saying the future is going to be gizmos and portable devices. She nailed it. Unfortunately she focused on merging with Compaq and PCs and did nothing about actually making what she said was going to be big. Now people are wondering if that company is even going to be around in five years.

Nitro Express
03-25-2013, 05:06 PM
I used to be like that with Nokia before the smartphones. I have tried most of the big brands and none could compete with Nokia. But now I have gotten used to this, so...

I HATE PC. It's always bothering me with questions about updates. It updates and installs stuff I never asked for. It's ALWAYS bothering me. I HATE it. I haven't even had my current one for a year, I am already getting blue screen. I HATE IT!!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!

The only reason to have a PC anymore is if you are a gamer. They still like a big box full of fans and maybe liquid cooling if you really want to throttle the processor. The average person who just wants a computer to do day to day shit on usually gets an Apple now. They are more user friendly but when they do crash they crash hard.

PC's appeal to the people who like to tweak and customize their stuff. That crowd hates Apple shit because they can't tweak it.

envy_me
03-25-2013, 05:12 PM
The only reason to have a PC anymore is if you are a gamer. They still like a big box full of fans and maybe liquid cooling if you really want to throttle the processor. The average person who just wants a computer to do day to day shit on usually gets an Apple now. They are more user friendly but when they do crash they crash hard.

PC's appeal to the people who like to tweak and customize their stuff. That crowd hates Apple shit because they can't tweak it.

I don't even know what tweak is. The only reason I bought PC the last time is cause I am used to it. But no more.

The one thing I want from my computer is to leave me the fuck alone.

Nitro Express
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I've had three Apple laptops and never had anything go wrong. I currently have an Macbook Air. No problems and I've dropped it a few times. The only thing is the letters on the rubberized keys are starting to wear. My "A" key is just a blob now because the rubber has worn off.

Nitro Express
03-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't even know what tweak is. The only reason I bought PC the last time is cause I am used to it. But no more.

The one thing I want from my computer is to leave me the fuck alone.

Tweaking basically means customizing and making it what you want. With an Apple product you get what they make. You can't open it up and add things and change things or choose what operating system you want to run. Computer geeks still love PC's. If you just want to buy it and turn it on and use it then that is what Apple sells.

envy_me
03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Tweaking basically means customizing and making it what you want. With an Apple product you get what they make. You can't open it up and add things and change things or choose what operating system you want to run. Computer geeks still love PC's. If you just want to buy it and turn it on and use it then that is what Apple sells.

I don't wanna do anything advanced. I had my brother clear it and change some stuff that were driving me crazy, but I couldn't fix it myself. I had a stupid password for my profile since I bought it. I am the only one using it. I tried to remove it from the start, but finally my brother did it a few weeks ago.
God it's just a mess. I can't even begin to explain all the things I need to do with it, it depresses me to think about it. For example I have eveything double. At least. All pics, all music is at least saved two times. I need to go through everything and clear, but I don't want to.

Nitro Express
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
We have "free" healthcare and although our taxes are high, they are nowhere near as high as Sweden's. But, they also have free education and excellent childcare benefits. I'm incurring 11-13000 in student loan debt every year for 4 years. I'd gladly pay higher taxes to have the benefits that Sweden has.

I incurred zero debt going to college. I went in the late 80's before they started price gouging on the tuition prices. The only people who took out student loans were medical students. Even without a scholarship you could pay for in state tuition with a summer job and then working part time during school. I got pretty good student healthcare coverage for $30 a semester. I graduated debt free.

We could go back to that if the students just went on strike and didn't feed the system. I would rather have low tuition prices and low taxes. It used to be that way here not to long ago when we had enough politicians who still believed in keeping tuition affordable. Now they just want everyone a debt slave.

I feel sorry for the kids today. They are being screwed raw. They are being set up to be in debt their whole lives and never own anything.

They just need to do what the hippies did in the 60's and drop out for awhile and when that money isn't coming in, negotiate the tuition price terms.

With computers and communications being what they are, we should be able to provide a high level of education to people for less money than ever. Nobody knows how to play chicken or negotiate anymore. I negotiated with my insurance company. I refused to accept their offer and counter offered and I was tough. I ended up having almost all the damage done to my daughters car paid for.
People just accept the first offer and get screwed. I ended up getting twice the amount of money out of them than their initial offer and their insurance investigator was great. He worked in our favor going over the car and seeing what he could get more money for us on. He said he normally didn't do that because everyone just accepts the standard offer. If your car is loaded the more stuff you have on it the more money you get back.

Kids need to get together and negotiate their tuition costs. The schools have been upping tuition nine times the rate on inflation for years. Someone is making a lot of money off the top of that. It's a racket. Why should kids be stuck with interest payments because some fat cats want to skim the cream?

envy_me
03-26-2013, 07:06 AM
I have also noticed that sending texts to another country has varying results when both people don't have iphone. If both people have iphone, then it always works perfectly.
But if even only one has another phone, don't expect your text to make it to them.

Zing!
03-26-2013, 09:05 AM
The schools have been upping tuition nine times the rate on inflation for years. Someone is making a lot of money off the top of that. It's a racket. Why should kids be stuck with interest payments because some fat cats want to skim the cream?

Hey, you gotta pay the football coaches and build the absurdly large practice complexes (read: holy shrines to athletics) somehow!