PDA

View Full Version : RRHOF Nominees

So this is love
10-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Hopefully the RRHOF will do the right thing and induct DP and Rush...http://rockhall.com/inductees/

damngoodtimes
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow! Rush actuallly got nominated?!??

TJMKID
10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I'd like to see Heart get inducted.

They were the first female-led hard rock band. Can't get any more pioneering than that.

FORD
10-04-2012, 12:56 PM
FORD's take on the current list of nominees:

RUSH - abso-fucking-lutely! They are long overdue. Considering they have had the same lineup since 1974, and none of them would have a problem with John Rutsey also being inducted, I don't see any reason for further delays.

HEART - No question that Ann & Nancy deserve it. It's just the perrenial question of who the Hell else is worthy. I would include the complete original lineup. Not so sure about the Van Hagarish 80's cheese corporate version (Spam even wrote a couple of their songs)

DEEP PURPLE - Only the REAL Lineup. Maybe Covercheese (as much as I hate him) and Tommy Bolin (because the dead guys always get in). Rod Evans may be the original singer, but he made himself ineligible with the Scam Purple crap he pulled in the late 70s. And definitely NOBODY who has been in the Joke Purple lineups since the 80s reunion crashed and burned should be considered for even a second.

DONNA SUMMER - FUCK NO! I don't care if she's dead. Disco is NOT rock n roll, it was the ENEMY of rock n roll. Keep her out.

JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS - Well, I believe she's deserving, BUT they should induct THE RUNAWAYS first.

CHIC - With all due respect to Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards, and Tony Thompson as musicians, FUCK NO. Again, Disco is not rock and roll.

PROCUL HARUM - Well they only had one real hit, but it's a Hell of a song. Sure, why not?

ALBERT KING - Blues legend. And the Blues is one of the unmistakable roots of rock n roll. He's in.

PAUL BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND - Honestly, I don't think I could name one of their songs. But if they have enough members still alive to take the stage, yeah why not?

NWA & PUBLIC ENEMY - Love em both, and since Grandmaster Flash and the Beastie Boys are already in, then I guess that means rap groups are eligible. I wouldn't induct both in the same year though. Chuck & Flav had their record out first, so they get the induction. And NWA next year.

RANDY NEWMAN - He's written a few decent songs, but were they rock n roll? Not really. Wouldn't be one of my picks.

THE METERS - Admittedly, all I know of them is that their drummer played for the New Barbarians in 1979. So I can't really have an opinion.

MARVELLETTES - Not my favorite Motown group by any means, but they are a Motown group, so why the Hell not? I wouldn't put them ahead of Rush, Heart, or the actual lineup of Deep Purple, but after that, I'd vote for 'em.

KRAFTWERK - Can't say I'm a huge fan, but they were pioneers in what they did, and now that groups from the 80's are being inducted, surely bands who were influenced by Kraftwerk will make the cut, so they certainly should get there themselves. Again, not one I would make a top priority, but if there's room on the ballot, why not?

ELVIS
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
RUSH - Yep

HEART - Yep

DEEP PURPLE - Yep

DONNA SUMMER - She made some R&B and some decent disco rock as did the Bee Gees, so I say maybe. Donna Summer was a big star...

JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS - She had a couple of songs that stand the test of time, but she still sucks...so do The Throwaways and Lita FORD...and that other chick...

CHIC - Ummm...again, they made some pretty rocking disco, so maybe. They were big too at one time...

PROCUL HARUM - I guess so...

ALBERT KING - I guess so...I'm a blues junkie...

PAUL BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND - No, you can't nominate everyone who ever had a song...

NWA & PUBLIC ENEMY - Nah, I do like Public Enemy though...

RANDY NEWMAN - No, but compared to some other crap that get's nominated, maybe...

THE METERS - No...

MARVELLETTES - No, again not every act that had a song on the charts should get in...

KRAFTWERK - Nope...

That's my take...

:elvis:

FORD
10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
You really hate Joan Jett and the Runaways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMDn6V7ZLhE

binnie
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Shame John Lord's not here to see it....

FORD
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
It's too bad that somebody has to die before some of these bands even get nominated. Just ask Joe Strummer or Joey Ramone about that. :(

TJMKID
10-04-2012, 03:52 PM
No way in hell Joan Jett deserves to be inducted based on her solo career. It was mediocre at best. Same with Lita Ford's career.

They both deserve to be inducted with the Runaways, though.

You really hate Joan Jett and the Runaways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMDn6V7ZLhE

hambon4lif
10-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Once again, Cheap Trick is nowhere on the list...

....therefore, that entire place can suck my motherfucking dick!!!

ELVIS
10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
That fucking cherry bomb song sucks cock more than each member did to get a record deal...

Hardrock69
10-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Pretty much agree with all of the above.

Am SUPER glad Rush, Heart, DP and Albert King got nominated. They all should get in.

Seshmeister
10-05-2012, 12:58 AM
What is it now for Deep Purple - 15 or 16 of them?

If I was Rush I would be seriously tempted to tell them to go fuck themselves after being passed over for so many years.

Who gave these people the right to be an authority on anything?

twonabomber
10-05-2012, 01:13 AM
because they're from Rolling Stone magazine...duh!

and there are probably 8 t0 10 former members of the Blackhearts...which of them get in?

well looky here, a fan vote that will count for "less than 0.17%" of the total.

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2012/10/the_fans_ballot_your_vote_coun.html

Dave's Bitch
10-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Don't really like any band on the list but NWA on the rock n roll hall of fame?

Ugh

FORD
10-05-2012, 03:42 AM
NWA was more than just gangsta rap, of course. They could also do drunken sillyness as good as anybody.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3CNhzSUbjs

FORD
10-05-2012, 03:48 AM
....and apparently Gwyneth Paltrow is a big fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Oej7K469I

(though the idiot who posted this on YouTube got it wrong. She's actually rapping "Gangsta Gangsta".)

Seshmeister
10-05-2012, 09:09 AM
They could also do drunken sillyness as good as anybody.....

They could also do drunken silliness as well as anybody else.

Honestly, the standards are really slipping around here... :)

Seshmeister
10-05-2012, 09:14 AM
....and apparently Gwyneth Paltrow is a big fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Oej7K469I

(though the idiot who posted this on YouTube got it wrong. She's actually rapping "Gangsta Gangsta".)

If she had married the Country DJ Bill Mack do you still think she would have called her kid Apple?

fourthcoming
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Rush: Yes
Deep Purple: Yes
Heart: Yes/Maybe

Where's Kiss, Motorhead, Hall and Oates and Cheap Trick? I'm not a big rap fan but PE and NWA were solid.....just don't know if they belong in the RR Hall.....but if Abba, Madonna and the Beasties are in......

Runaways.....maybe I'm missing it but that song Cherry Bomb sucks and Joan Jett?....ehhh...she's no Chrissy Hynde.

The Sex Pistols? I actually like some of the sex pistols....what little there is to choose from....but no Johnny Thunders? that junkie wrote some good tunes and without him and his sound....no Steve Jones and the pistols.

FORD
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
The New York Dolls should definitely be inducted. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet, given the number of bands they influenced who have already made it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wun5Cg-xr-s

fraroc
10-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I want Rush, Heart and Deep Purple to be inducted so badly...

Niggaz With Attitudez.....but not Kansas? Fuck you.

I recently talked about it to my dad. And he told me that Yngwie Malmsteen should be inducted into the RRHOF because he's one of the best neo-classical guitarists ever. I will admit that Yngwie is a great guitarist and a great songwriter, but frankly that fat fucking cocky douchebag dosen't deserve it. You know how on the show Bully Beatdown where some meathead douche talks shit about littler kids, that's basically Yngwie Malmsteen to other guitarists. Him and the Used Tampon would make a cute couple.

FORD
10-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Your dad and Elvis would probably the only two votes that Yingyang would get. :biggrin:

twonabomber
10-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Nile Rodgers produced YFLM and was in the Mambo Slammers. how come all you big tough ultra-hetero guys don't bitch about that?

twonabomber
10-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Niggaz With Attitudez.....but not Kansas? Fuck you.

Kansas? christ....

find me an interview where one up and coming guitarist claims he was influenced by Kansas. not Steve Morse, but Kansas.

FORD
10-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Nile Rodgers produced YFLM and was in the Mambo Slammers. how come all you big tough ultra-hetero guys don't bitch about that?

Like I said, they were great musicians. I still love that Power Station album they were involved with. If they got the "sidemen" inductions individually, I'd be fine with that. I just don't want them inducted under a band name that made disco shit.

FORD
10-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Kansas? christ....

find me an interview where one up and coming guitarist claims he was influenced by Kansas. not Steve Morse, but Kansas.

If Kansas ever did get in, it better be Kerry Livgren and not Steve Morse. Not that he was probably a huge influence on many guitarists either.

Kansas was better known for being the rock band with the frizzy haired fiddle player, right?

gbranton
10-06-2012, 03:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNKllfR5AgA

VHscraps
10-06-2012, 04:12 AM

Dave and Nile Rodgers go back some time - I'm sure in Dave's book he first mentions meeting him in New York in 1978 at some club. Rodgers was also doing the soundtrack to Dave's movie in 1985, before it got buried under the collapse of CBS pictures. Pic below is early '85, when they were working on the movie, at the opening of the Zero One gallery in Los Angeles.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/8058792432_20a5682768_b.jpg

Yeah, I vote Chic. They might not be rock, but the subject of their songs is all of a piece with rock'n'roll. Take the lyrics to 'Good Times', and add a dash of Van Halen and you wouldn't think it was anything but a Dave-era Van Halen song.

Rush, on the other hand, are totally a rock band, but I would never think of pointing them out as an example of "rock'n'roll" if some alien from another plant said, "hey dude what is rock'n'roll?".

All I'm saying is that "rock'n'roll" encompasses so much that it has now become meaningless. What we have is basically the Popular Music Hall of Fame.

If Rush get inducted, they could do what only TWO other bands have ever done - not show up to collect their gong. Those two bands being Van Halen, and the Sex Pistols. I think that is an appropriate response to the RRHOF's attempt to decide for posterity what is worthy and what is not. i.e., you may want us now, but we don't need you.

ODShowtime
10-06-2012, 07:58 AM
It's aboot god damned time Rush was at least nominated. How many gold records and sold out arena tours do they have to fuckin do before they get recognized?

And they better get in now because that 80s cheese set list they're schlepping now? If they hear that they might be back out on their ass!

Mr. Vengeance
10-06-2012, 09:12 AM
How the fuck do they AGAIN ignore KISS????? The HOF is a joke.

ELVIS
10-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Is Dave Matthews in yet ??

fraroc
10-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Kansas was better known for being the rock band with the frizzy haired fiddle player, right?

In the mainstream world, Kansas is a four-hit wonder. Carry On Wayward Son, Dust in the Wind, Point of Know Return, and Fight Fire with Fire.
The frizzy haired violinist was Robbie Steinhardt, he's no longer in the band. David Ragsdale their second violinist is currently in the band and you have to at least see him play man, it's fucking amazing. He also plays the second guitar when it's needed and usually plays them both during one song.

Mr. Vengeance
10-06-2012, 11:00 AM
In the mainstream world, Kansas is a four-hit wonder. Carry On Wayward Son, Dust in the Wind, Point of Know Return, and Fight Fire with Fire.
The frizzy haired violinist was Robbie Steinhardt, he's no longer in the band. David Ragsdale their second violinist is currently in the band and you have to at least see him play man, it's fucking amazing. He also plays the second guitar when it's needed and usually plays them both during one song.

I think pretty much everyone who grew up in the 70's, 80's has a copy of Kansas' Greatest Hits. If you go a little deeper into their catalogue, you find a lot of decent music. One of those bands that was never a hugely popular act, but they had some big hits that have become staples of classic rock radio.

FORD
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Fight Fire with Fire has to be one of the oddest videos ever made though. Apparently Kerry Livgren didn't stop doing drugs after he was "saved". Or at the very least was still having serious flashbacks from the drugs he did before.... because the best way to describe that video is "Hell on bad acid".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HD1FPPGvl4

ELVIS
10-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Point of Know Return.

:biggrin:

78/84 guy
10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Kiss isn't in ? Wow ! Never liked em much , but they should be in ! Motorhead and Cheap Trick should be in also. The hall is a joke !

FORD
10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't know why Cheap Trick isn't in. At least they had the same lineup for most of their existence (I think Tom Peterson left for a while in the 80s when they were doing cheese ballads).

As far as KISS goes, I'm sure the roadblock there is getting Gene and Paul to get over themselves and get on stage with Ace & Peter again. Because those are the ONLY 4 guys worthy of induction under that name. Maybe Eric Carr (because as I said above, the dead guys usually get in)

sadaist
10-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't know why Cheap Trick isn't in. )

Motherfuck right dude.

If anyone has had the absolute pleasure to see them live, they will confirm they are one of the very best live bands ever. It's Oakland 81 every night for them. So underrated it's a crime

binnie
10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Cheap Trick is a MUST, as is Motorhead, and Kiss

So this is love
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

FORD
11-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, so far, the rock bands are leading, with Rush out in front. Which is as it should be with that list.

I also voted for Heart and Deep Purple, though I would want both votes clarified..... Heart being only the original lineup, and Deep Purple being the "classic" Machine Head configuration, maybe Tommy Bolin because he's dead, and as much as it makes me vomit, Covercheese, because it's kinda hard to exclude him if you include Bolin.

No Rod Evans because of the Scam Purple tour, and absolutely no Steve Morse, Joe Lynn Foreigner clone, or any other scabs that have come and gone since the mid 80's reunion of the real band imploded.

78/84 guy
11-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Yea. Bolin & Coverdale should be there for Purple.

sadaist
11-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, so far, the rock bands are leading, with Rush out in front. Which is as it should be with that list.

I also voted for Heart and Deep Purple, though I would want both votes clarified..... Heart being only the original lineup, and Deep Purple being the "classic" Machine Head configuration, maybe Tommy Bolin because he's dead, and as much as it makes me vomit, Covercheese, because it's kinda hard to exclude him if you include Bolin.

No Rod Evans because of the Scam Purple tour, and absolutely no Steve Morse, Joe Lynn Foreigner clone, or any other scabs that have come and gone since the mid 80's reunion of the real band imploded.

RUSH - YES

Heart - YES

Coverdale - YES*

*as much as I hate Coverdale the man, there were a couple extraordinary Whitesnake albums and he has done some incredible singing elsewhere. Like the guy or not, he has made some classic rock songs and contributed quite a bit to the genre overall. He deserves to be there. And he deserves it a helluva lot more than Sammy Hagar.

lesfunk
11-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Burn is a Classic Deep Purple Album. It's as good as anything the Gillan/Glover lineup did. Covercheese in certainly. Bolin, No Way.
Heart, Of course.
Rush, Of course
NWA? Public Enemy? Somebody's joking right? Flavor Flav gets in before Ace Frehley? bullshit
Chic? Donna Summer? Why would those people even want to be in the RRHOF anyway?
Dave did say that Chic was the Led Zeppelin of disco bands..... :yo:
The Meters? Great, influential, Timeless... Rock? no

lesfunk
11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
The Dead Kennedys should be in the HOF

FORD
11-28-2012, 09:44 PM

Of course they should be.... but that's going to happen around the same time Satan needs to install central heat.

LoungeMachine
11-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I have good friends in Heart.

:gulp:

They deserve it.

sadaist
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I have good friends in Heart.

:gulp:

They deserve it.

One of the best concerts I have seen. Was in a theater in downtown San Diego so the ambiance was excellent. They played 90 minutes acoustic, then intermission, then another 90 minutes heavy duty stuff. So great. Those ladies rock & carry themselves with a ton of class. They seem so cool. I'd love to meet them.

I think Pat Benatar deserves to be in as well. She is my imaginary wife every since i saw the poster of her in a straight jacket back in the early 80's. Another great concert, but Heart was something really different & special.

What the fuck happened to having classy women in rock?

Kristy
11-28-2012, 11:23 PM

They'd take a shit on the stage.

Kristy
11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
How the fuck do they AGAIN ignore KISS????? The HOF is a joke.

Because lame 80's rap acts are BIG for white suburban women right now
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me45jafq2T1rqpm0to1_500.jpg

Seshmeister
11-28-2012, 11:48 PM
They will need to get a bigger venue if they induct Deep Purple.

How many members have they had 16?

lesfunk
11-29-2012, 12:08 AM
They'd take a shit on the stage.
That's most likely what it deserves

sadaist
11-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Because lame 80's rap acts are BIG for white suburban women right now
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me45jafq2T1rqpm0to1_500.jpg

White women? I thought that was Macauley Culkin.

Seshmeister
11-29-2012, 04:29 AM
They will need to get a bigger venue if they induct Deep Purple.

How many members have they had 16?

Oof short term memory loss...

FORD
11-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Black Sabbath avoided the controversy by saying "It's Ozzy, Tony, Geezer, and Bill, period." Now obviously all of their fans weren't happy about that. Dio certainly deserved to be inducted. But if you induct him, then you probably have to induct Vinny Appice too. And then how do you not induct Ian Gillan, even though he only made one album. And if you induct him, you would have to include Bev Bevan because he played drums on that tour...and it goes on and on with somebody (it wouldn't be me) trying to make a case for inducting all those anonymous turds who played on those Tony Iommi solo records that were mislabeled as "Black Sabbath".

Historically, it's the bands with all the personnel changes that have been ignored the longest for inductions. That's why Black Sabbath had to wait as long as they did. Van Halen too, for that matter. (and they managed to fuck that up by giving the Ched Rocker an honor he did not deserve) Heart and Deep Purple both have this issue, and that's why they have had to wait this long. Best solution is to go with the lineups that made them Hall of Fame worthy in the first place, and don't worry about offending the scabs who came later.

FORD
11-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I agree....but then according to that premise....how does Blondie get in?

Only the original members of Blondie were inducted.... but then Debbie Harry chose to perform with her current lineup, even though the originals were there. Apparently still a lot of bad blood there from the 80's, when the band went on "hiatus" due to Chris Stein having some sort of health issues. The remaining members formed Chequered Past with Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones, Soupy Sales' son Tony, and the "Ted McGinley of rock n roll" Michael Des Barres. This so-called "supergroup" didn't last long due to drug problems (Jones was a full blown junkie at this point, and in video footage of this band looks about as far gone as Keef in the Stones concert from LA in 1975)

Debbie and Chris apparently took all of this too personally, though it wasn't intended as such, and have refused to perform with the other original band members to this day.

As far as Motorhead goes.... similar questions here. Nobody would dispute that Lemmy deserves it. But who else gets in?

chefcraig
11-29-2012, 04:02 PM
"Ted McGinley of rock n roll"......now that's funny. I hadn't realized that's how the whole Blondie fiasco went down. That must have really been some bad blood.....

It was really uncomfortable to watch, as one of the original guys actually sunk down to begging Debbie Harry to be allowed to perform with her band, right in front of the hall and tv audience.

Strange Night For Rock & Roll Hall (http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-207_162-1397573.html)

twonabomber
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM
here it is

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_bY7t06haY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_bY7t06haY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Satan
11-30-2012, 01:05 PM
The Blondie fiasco wasn't without precedent though....

John Fogerty also refused to perform with his former bandmates when CCR was inducted. Also a case of bad blood there, though in this case I can't blame Fogerty for being pissed off. Those guys stabbed him in the back, including his own brother.

vandeleur
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
That was cringe worthy , but now am thinking of it am surprised it doesn't happen more often .
Most people in big bands can be fuck ups, with egos and drugs and musicians being ... Cough ..temperamental :biggrin:

Tho in the parallel lines days Debbie Harry looked like the fuck of the century to a boy who didn't even know what a fuck was :D

So this is love
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
FWIW Rush and Heart are in...http://rockhall.com/blog/post/9245_2013-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees/

FORD
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Donna Summer???

That's just fucked up. Disco is NOT rock n roll. It is the enemy of rock n roll.

Randy Newman? "Short People" "I Love LA" Is that really considered rock n roll? Well probably more than Donna Summer, I guess. Nothing against him as a songwriter, just don't think of him as "rock".

Wonder why they passed on Deep Purple? My guess is they couldn't get Gillan and Blackmore to agree on who should be invited (Blackmore probably wanted Assclown Turner and Gillan wanted all the scabs he's been playing with since the last REAL Deep Purple lineup imploded)

Fairwrning
12-11-2012, 06:02 PM
I dont think Cheap Trick is in ..... but Madonna is...nuff said.

So this is love
12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Donna Summer???

That's just fucked up. Disco is NOT rock n roll. It is the enemy of rock n roll.

Randy Newman? "Short People" "I Love LA" Is that really considered rock n roll? Well probably more than Donna Summer, I guess. Nothing against him as a songwriter, just don't think of him as "rock".

Wonder why they passed on Deep Purple? My guess is they couldn't get Gillan and Blackmore to agree on who should be invited (Blackmore probably wanted Assclown Turner and Gillan wanted all the scabs he's been playing with since the last REAL Deep Purple lineup imploded)

DP , King Crimson, Iron Maiden , Judas Priest, Yes, Kiss , the list goes on and on

twonabomber
12-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I would have voted for Chic over Donna Summer.

Donna Summer is dead, you won't have to suffer watching her accept her award.

Nitro Express
12-12-2012, 01:19 AM
I dont think Cheap Trick is in ..... but Madonna is...nuff said.

Madonna and Randy Newman are pop not rock. Disco is not rock. The hall of fame is a joke and frankly a real rock and roller would probably set the place on fire and burn it to the ground.

Nitro Express
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Tho in the parallel lines days Debbie Harry looked like the fuck of the century to a boy who didn't even know what a fuck was

Debbie moved me in the day.

Nitro Express
12-12-2012, 01:29 AM
here it is

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_bY7t06haY?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_bY7t06haY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It's almost biblical. She screwed him over with a kiss.

FORD
12-12-2012, 01:31 AM
I would have voted for Chic over Donna Summer.

Donna Summer is dead, you won't have to suffer watching her accept her award.

Most of Chic is dead too. I think Nile Rodgers is still around, but Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson are dead. Don't know about the singers. Never gave enough of a shit about them to even know their names.

twonabomber
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Nile Rodgers gets a pass based on his involvement in YFLM and the Mambo Slammers. If he's good enough for Dave... :D

And I have to say I am absolutely and completely fucking OUTRAGED that Duran Duran is not in the HOF yet.