PDA

View Full Version : Abortion Should Be Illegal! …Unless You’re The Mistress Of A GOP Congressman

Hardrock69
10-11-2012, 03:29 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/10/abortion-should-be-illegal-unless-youre-the-mistress-of-a-gop-congressman/

Anti-choice advocates, especially those in positions of power, tend to be (shall we say) a bit squirrely. While the ‘sanctity of life’ makes for great talking points and is sure to reel in a particular type of voter, for some politicians, if a ‘life’ gets in the way of their lifestyle, well, it has to go. Who can forget the former Speaker of the House Tom DeLay and his buddy, ultra-right-wing pastor, Ralph Reed? They were making boatloads of money off of near-slave labor, and should one of the women end up pregnant, they were forced to have abortions.

For Tea Party Congressman Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), the fetus lived a little closer to home. DesJarlais, who is a doctor, had extramarital sex with one of his patients in 2000. In a story that reads like a pulpy novel, he tried to have his mistress (one of at least four) have an abortion.

Here is a transcript of a phone call between DesJarlais and the woman in question (from Huffington Post):

“You told me you’d have an abortion, and now we’re getting too far along without one,” DesJarlais tells the woman at one point in the call while negotiating with her over whether he’ll reveal her identity to his wife. They then discuss whether he will accompany her to a procedure to end the sort of life the congressman now describes as “sacred.”

“You told me you would have time to go with me and everything,” the woman complains.

“I said, if I could, I would, didn’t I? And I will try,” DesJarlais says. “If I can [find] time, you’re saying you still will?”

“Yeah,” the woman answers.

After some bickering: “This is not fair to me. I don’t want you in my life,” the woman says.

“Well, I didn’t want to be in your life either, but you lied to me about something that caused us to be in this situation, and that’s not my fault, that’s yours,” the doctor responds.

“Well, it’s [your] fault for sleeping with your patient,” the woman fires back.

His marriage didn’t last much longer but his political career hadn’t yet begun. In 2010, some of his personal life, which included allegedly threatening his wife with a gun, began to leak out. The allegations were shut down as just more dirty politics and with Tea Party backing, he won his election. It might not be so easy this time, as many of what were just rumors have now been confirmed.

DesJarlais’ website says, “All life should be cherished and protected. We are pro-life.” As long as it doesn’t get in the way of his life.

The Congressman is currently involved in a tough reelection battle.

jhale667
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
What a hypocrite. "We must outlaw abortion in all cases, with the only exception being when politicians get our mistresses preggers..." :rolleyes:

ZahZoo
10-11-2012, 11:56 AM
I know the subject of abortion has been polarizing for a lot of years... but there's currently no proposed changes in play to current laws... no pending judicial challenges...

Recent polls show 77% feel the subject should not be part of the national political debate...

So why does this subject keep getting tossed around so damn much?

I fail to see the relevance...

binnie
10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I know the subject of abortion has been polarizing for a lot of years... but there's currently no proposed changes in play to current laws... no pending judicial challenges...

Recent polls show 77% feel the subject should not be part of the national political debate...

So why does this subject keep getting tossed around so damn much?

I fail to see the relevance...

Because it's divisive - if media outlets print them, they know people will read the stories and 'debate' (read: squabble).

Hardrock69
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
And also...so-called "Christian" candidates (Morons included) need some kind of issue to hang their hat on to prove they are "Christian Republican" material.

Never mind that suddenly Mittens has changed his stance completely in the past week or so....now he is backing away from his pro-life platform he was glued to for the past 18 months....

He has to appear more moderate or he will not win....unfortunately for him, doing so will lose him just as many votes from cuntservative assholes than he will gain from Democrats or undecided voters......and....it's too late baby now it's too late......he already made his name on adhering to the ignorant narrow-minded fascist Christian Republican platform....and he is now seen by many as a traitor to the Republican Party....if he had changed his tune early on, it would not be such a big deal, but now he is viewed even more as a liar who does not stick to his guns.

That is ok. The above, combined with the public statements from other cocksucking freak Republican politicians in Tennessee and Arkansas are just going to insure that he loses. :hee:

clarathecarrot
10-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Everyone who commented in this thread and everyone who comments in the future in this thread that writes anything anything other than ..."yeah, doctors get all the pussy"....is a homo.

Then there is the old thing I have always said..,can someone truly comment, in the future..?

PETE'S BROTHER
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
i just did

PETE'S BROTHER
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
now it's the past

clarathecarrot
10-11-2012, 07:08 PM
now it's the past

Doctors get all the pussy.

*I wrote a bunch of bullshit then,... almost was a homo...whew..!

ZahZoo
10-12-2012, 11:05 AM
And also...so-called "Christian" candidates (Morons included) need some kind of issue to hang their hat on to prove they are "Christian Republican" material.

Never mind that suddenly Mittens has changed his stance completely in the past week or so....now he is backing away from his pro-life platform he was glued to for the past 18 months....

He has to appear more moderate or he will not win....unfortunately for him, doing so will lose him just as many votes from cuntservative assholes than he will gain from Democrats or undecided voters......and....it's too late baby now it's too late......he already made his name on adhering to the ignorant narrow-minded fascist Christian Republican platform....and he is now seen by many as a traitor to the Republican Party....if he had changed his tune early on, it would not be such a big deal, but now he is viewed even more as a liar who does not stick to his guns.

That is ok. The above, combined with the public statements from other cocksucking freak Republican politicians in Tennessee and Arkansas are just going to insure that he loses. :hee:

I had a great opportunity yesterday... nice older guy knocks on our door. He's out drumming up support for a local candidate for the Arkansas House. About 3 sentences in he mentions the candidate is a devote Christian and supports is anti-abortion... I politely interrupted him and asked.

Does this candidate plan to introduce any bills changing current laws regarding abortions or a woman's right to chose? Answer... well no, I don't believe so but it's an important issue to all of us. I interrupted him again and said ok, it's a polarizing issue but if it's not a campaign initiative I'd rather hear about what this candidate intends to actually do if elected.

Then he shifts gears and goes into a spiel on family values and christian beliefs... I again politely interrupt him and say that's all nice and most of the candidates are or at least proclaim to be good christian citizens or they wouldn't subject themselves to the scrutiny of public office. But I'd rather hear about what this person plans to do if elected.

Then he asks me... Are you a Christian and believe Jesus is our Lord and Savior? My response... All due respect sir, but are you here at my door as an evangelist or supporting a political candidate's campaign? "I'm here asking your to support this candidate." I said then what do my personal and private spiritual beliefs have to do with that? answer... "Well I wanted to see where you stand on the issues." I said... fine, are you going to discuss reducing taxes and government spending, pending natural gas production and frac'ing legislation and education initiatives or are you here to lobby which song the darn choir is supposed to sing on Sunday?

He stood there minute... "Well I can see you're not in the mood to discuss this now maybe I'll come back another time?" Don't bother... unless you are prepared to talk about what this person plans to do Monday - Friday not on Sunday... He smiled and walked away.

FORD
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Those type of people know better than to knock on my door :biggrin: