PDA

View Full Version : 25 Campaign promises Obama made when being elected to his 1st term he ever kept

baru911
10-15-2012, 12:28 AM
The good old days weren't that long ago. Obama was running for his first term. Hope was high. The man made promises on the campaign trail. Here are 25 campaign promises Obama made when being elected to his 1st term that have never been kept:

1) No increase in capital gains taxes for high earners – He promised to increase capital gains and dividends taxes from 15 to 20 percent for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single)
2) End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
3) Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes
4) Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize
5) Work to ban the permanent replacement of striking workers
6) Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses
7) Allow imported prescription drugs
8) Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices
9) Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center
10) Develop an alternative to President Bush's Military Commissions Act on handling detainees
11) Seek independent watchdog agency to investigate congressional ethics violations
12) Create a 'contracts and influence' database that will disclose how much federal contractors spend on lobbying, and what contracts they are getting and how well they complete them
13) Double funding for afterschool programs
14) Expand the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to include sexual orientation and gender identity
15) Increase the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour
16) Support human mission to moon by 2020
17) Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit
18) Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels
19) Require plug-in fleet at the White House
20) Mandate flexible fuel vehicles by 2012
21) Establish a low carbon fuel standard
22) Provide an annual report on "state of our energy future"
23) Bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda
24) Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN
25) Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year

He could run all over again on the above list as he didn't get the job done the first time around. You might note that promise # 1, and # 3 seem to be back on the promised "TO DO LIST" if you'll only give him a 2nd term.

Hey, maybe everyone can blame Bush for the above list of promises not getting done. Sure, that's the ticket!

BTW, here are 11 campaign promises made by the GOP to get control of the house they never kept:

1) End TARP
2) End government control of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
3) Repeal the health care bill
4) Enact medical liability reform
5) Expand health savings accounts
6) Enact conscience protections into health law
7) Publish the text of bills online at least three days before a House vote
8) Will not bundle bills into "must-pass" legislation
9) Reduce federal pay
10) Codify Hyde Amendment to prohibit federal funding of abortion
11) Do away with the concept of ''comprehensive'' spending bills

The GOP isn’t doing a great job on keeping their promises either. Maybe they can have the talking heads on the radio spin the above list to explain how Obama blocked them from following-up and getting some of the above list done.

Both parties don't serve "We The People". They serve those that will keep them in power and make any promise to remain there to get you and I to vote for them.

FORD
10-15-2012, 12:50 AM
You do realize that a radically obstructionist Repuke Congress prevented him from doing many of those things, right?

Of course, he could have taken the Chimpy approach and done all of them through "emergency" executive order, but then you would have called him a "fascist dictator".

baru911
10-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Really? How did a GOP in the minority in both houses for the first two years stopped the Dems in power from lets say....Introducing a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year? Obama somehow got the same people in power to ram a Health Care Bill that the "obstructionist Repuke Congress" just let through but failed to even get any work done on a immigration bill. Right, Ford, right. The minority party GOP stopped the other 25 things on the above list but forgot about stopping health care. On the other hand you seem to want everyone to believe the Dems in power just expelled too much political capital on health care and couldn't get any of the other items done or forgot about doing them.

Then they walk into the mid-term elections and got their asses handed to them.

Of course, looking at the 11 things the GOP promised they'd follow-up on doesn't give me "the warm and fuzzies" that they get things done either.

BTW, is Rocky Road going to be on stage for the next Presidential Debate? I mean as a "major" party candidate I thought he'd would have been in the last one. Is it that PBS is such a slanted organization that they kept him out or did the "Repuke Congress" get him thrown out? That's never been explained has it?

baru911
10-15-2012, 03:17 PM
You can hear the crickets in here.............guess he gets a pass on all of the above from the die hard liberals that continually whine about the big bad mean GOP and their supporters in thread after thread. That's truly funny. For not taking the current President to task over the promises made about immigration, signing an extension to the current tax rates, not closing the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center, and not helping the Unions out you guys have zero credibility.

jhale667
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM
You can hear the crickets in here.....

That's just because people are ignoring your latest lame thread. :biggrin:

vh rides again
10-15-2012, 03:33 PM
He also promised to end the Feds meddling in states that legalized medical marijuana.
He even made statements that it should be legalized and that imprisoning people over it was wrong.
He back peddled like a mother fucker as soon as he was elected on the whole subject of pot.
At that time marijuana was the number 1 asked about subject regarding his presidency.
He totally lied about his intentions.

Roth And Roll

Nitro Express
10-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I think things have degenerated to this level because lets be frank. Most people are not involved in the political process. I mean the politicians ignore us because in the past they could. When nobody is watching you and nobody cares, you tend to take advantage of the situation. I mean the bankers and politicians have nowhere to go but down. They already are in power and they aren't going to fix shit. So what that means is we need to knock them off the hill. If a political solution does not work then you get more nasty. But something needs to be done or the situation will get worse and worse.

FORD
10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
He also promised to end the Feds meddling in states that legalized medical marijuana.
He even made statements that it should be legalized and that imprisoning people over it was wrong.
He back peddled like a mother fucker as soon as he was elected on the whole subject of pot.
At that time marijuana was the number 1 asked about subject regarding his presidency.
He totally lied about his intentions.

Roth And Roll

Obviously the Big Pharma criminals are putting some pressure on him for that one. I suspect that the more states approve pro-weed legislation (medical or otherwise) the more likely it will be for the Administration to give up the ridiculous pretense of being opposed to it. Much like they recently "evolved" their position on gay civil rights after several states voted in favor of them.

And let's face it, if a black President and a black Attorney General were the ones to legalize weed, the right wing media would go nuts with it. Brian's favorite wall street whore "cartoon" site would have drawings of Obama & Holder hitting the bong with Snoop Dog & Dre before the ink was dry on his signature.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/50559_230000613697806_406084236_n.jpg

baru911
10-15-2012, 06:41 PM

Once again when faced with any type of fact you resort to insults. Dude, you never bring anything to the table. At least Ford thinks out his responses. You type sound bites that even Mika on MSNBC wouldn't say. She'd fear she was sounding even dumber by stating things 100's of IQ points lower than she usually brings to the table and she ain't bringing much.

sadaist
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
You do realize that a radically obstructionist Repuke Congress prevented him from doing many of those things, right?

Come on man. Obama had a super majority for 2 years. he coulda done anything he wanted.

Nitro Express
10-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Obviously the Big Pharma criminals are putting some pressure on him for that one. I suspect that the more states approve pro-weed legislation (medical or otherwise) the more likely it will be for the Administration to give up the ridiculous pretense of being opposed to it. Much like they recently "evolved" their position on gay civil rights after several states voted in favor of them.

And let's face it, if a black President and a black Attorney General were the ones to legalize weed, the right wing media would go nuts with it. Brian's favorite wall street whore "cartoon" site would have drawings of Obama & Holder hitting the bong with Snoop Dog & Dre before the ink was dry on his signature.

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/50559_230000613697806_406084236_n.jpg

I think there are several reasons the feds have an interest in keeping hemp and pot illegal. Hemp is so useful for so many things, it would bite into the profits of the oil and chemical based products. Also, the medical benefits of marijuana threaten big pharma profits. Apparently hemp oil can be used to stop melanoma in it's early stages. Also, the establishment want more people in prison. The private prison and prison industry business needs more captive workers. How many of these slaves are in the big house for a pot bust? Probably a big percentage of them.

Follow the money. Someone has a big interest in keeping it illegal.

FORD
10-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Come on man. Obama had a super majority for 2 years. he coulda done anything he wanted.

Except that he didn't. Al Franken was locked out of the Senate for 8 months while the used car salesman he defeated in the election threw a legal temper tantrum. Then Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd had the nerve to die slow agonizing deaths, which kept them from voting. And Tim Johnson, who had a massive brain hemmorage that kept him out for 9 months or so. And after that you had the likes of Joe Lieberdouche, Blanche WalMart, and Ben Helmet Hair Nelson, who called themselves "Democrats" but rarely voted with the party.

And on top of all that, of course, was a "majority leader" who didn't understand what either of those words means :(

Nickdfresh
10-15-2012, 07:28 PM

Obama never had a super-majority, that's a myth...

Nitro Express
10-15-2012, 07:28 PM

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld certainly put their super majority to use. Some of the dirt coming from insiders out of the Obama white house is Barrack is lazy. Apparently he is not attending his daily security briefing meetings or just skimming through the material. The president seems to have the attitude he knows more than anyone else. Bill Clinton on the other hand was known to take these daily briefings seriously and even some Pentagon officials say Bill Clinton was an excellent commander in chief who was on top of the situation. More so than Bush Jr. Obama seems to be aloof. His handling of the situation of the embassy attacks seems to indicate this. Like I said, Obama is just another aloof president like Bush Jr. was. Two in a row and look at the damage.

I think the big goal was to get Obamacare passed. Most former presidents will say if you can get three things accomplished on your goal sheet in a term, you have done very well. If Obama can't get it done through the congress he will do it with executive order and use the agencies to try and do it. A lot of what goes on never even sees congress. One huge problem we have in the US now is the government agencies have become so powerful, they are sub governments unto themselves. In short, we have an out of control federal government. It's so big, I don't think anyone really manages the whole thing.

Nickdfresh
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
I guess Reagan was a shit president, here's a short list of a few of his "broken promises":

*Balance the budget

*End draft registration.

*Eliminate Department of Energy

*Eliminate Department of Education

*Get the government off our backs

http://politicalclassdismissed.com/?p=4455

BTW, he also raised taxes, cut-and-ran from Lebanon, and expanded social entitlement programs...

jhale667
10-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Obama never had a super-majority, that's a myth...

SO FUCKING SICK of hearing Reps regurgitate that bullshit... :puke: And why is it a simple MAJORITY hasn't been enough for the past 3 1/2 years? Excessive filibustering obstructionists. Party before country, it's the Republican way! Cough...treasonous bitches...cough

baru911
10-15-2012, 07:58 PM
I guess Reagan was a shit president, here's a short list of a few of his "broken promises":

http://politicalclassdismissed.com/?p=4455

BTW, he also raised taxes, cut-and-ran from Lebanon, and expanded social entitlement programs...

And that somehow deflects my point in what way? I'm a bit lost. On a side note - I do wish he would have gotten rid of the Department of Education.

The point of the thread wasn't to say Obama sucks. The point of the thread was to show that both parties are bent. Neither cares about "We The People". They care about staying in power. Look at the talking points. Both parties attempt to lead people to what causes division between them. Then they use that "boogeyman" to get us riled up so most people don't pay attention to what's important. Our leaders do it with things like abortion, the 2nd Amendment, and/or class warfare. In the Middle East their Leaders use religion. It boils down to they will do whatever it takes to remain in power and push forth an agenda that really isn't good for you, your neighbor, and this Country. It is a shame that people are blinded to that.

We are 16 trillions dollars in debt. I'd vote for the 1st guy/gal who would just step up to the plate and say this:
We are in a huge hole. To get out of it ALL of us will see our taxes increase and ALL of us will see the benefits the US Government distributes get much smaller.

BTW Nick - look a little deeper...........Obama really made 108 promises he never kept or broke. I just listed 25.

vh rides again
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM

Well,at least he would have done something for his people.
Black people are targeted in every city for pot possession and imprisoned.

White folks too for that matter but the blacks take a beating for it.

Roth And Roll

jhale667
10-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Once again when faced with any type of fact you resort to insults. Dude, you never bring anything to the table. At least Ford thinks out his responses. You type sound bites that even Mika on MSNBC wouldn't say. She'd fear she was sounding even dumber by stating things 100's of IQ points lower than she usually brings to the table and she ain't bringing much.

Lightweight? Mika? Is this where compare YOU to Gretchen Carlson, spouting bullshit and when confronted throwing a hissy and threatening to "storm off the set" because someone spells one of the groups you shill for with extra "K"s? Whatthefuckever.
The FACT is no other president has faced this I fucking repeat treasonous level of obstructionism and filibustering. Undeniable. So it's REEEEEEALLY disingenuous to then turn around and fault the guy for not completely living up to expectations, OR the hype. You can post all the crap about "broken promises" you want, but you're not changing the facts.

Nitro Express
10-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Let's just be honest here. There seems to be an overall agenda chugging forward regardless of who is in office. Continued war. A continued Patriot Act. A continued flow of money to the big banks and less for the average citizen. A continuation of police state type directives that the military can arrest citizens and hold them indefinitely without trial and hey we can torture you if we wish. Basically if you protest the government you can be listed as a terrorist.

Bush arrested suspected terrorists and held them in prisons and tortured them. Obama has not ended this and he's taken it further. He will just kill them even if they are a US citizen. Bush on steroids. The thing is, how far is this going to go? Anyone of us can be put on a list in the future if we already aren't on it.

Meanwhile this is going on, the people bicker between the left and the right and blah, blah, blah. Let's face it. Where you fit on the political spectrum depends on where your money comes from. It's not about issues, it's about where your money comes from and that determines how far right or left you are. Nobody will admit to this, they want to make it sound like it's about issues and they are more intelligent or care more than the other guy.

Frankly the people in charge have determined they can keep wars going indefinitely as long as there is no draft. Ask most returning vets if they feel the general public care about them. Most will say no. Hey as long as it's not me. Take away the jobs, and jack school prices up, you will get kids signing up because they have nowhere to go. Then with technology you need less people to wage war. Some say a solder with a rifle is now obsolete.

I observe the left and find it the most interesting. I get the right wing. Most believe the rhetoric. The left will yell no war for oil!, no more wars! Stop the torture! Close Gitmo! if a republican is in office but if their guy gets in office and it's business as usual, they fully support it when nothing has changed. They will even support new military operations on new fronts.

What I find amazing is how colorful the excuse making is. The liberals have mastered the art of BS to a very high level. Pure masters. They are also good at imagery and marketing. It just dawned on me this is a new kind of religion. LOL! You sell peace but continue war and then make all sorts of excuses. Peace sells but who is buying? As long as you get that free Obama phone you don't care.

Hardrock69
10-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Really?

He had to deal with priorities.

Trying to get the country on the road to recovery was first priority. And even that is not something that could be done overnight. By the time he was ready to deal with a lot of the lesser issues, 2 years had gone by. He was wrestling with tht healthcare problem as well. And yes, it was a problem. Just those two things took up most of his time. Not to mention pulling our troops out of Iraq and dealing with Assrammistan.

The argument that he could have done whatever he wanted in the first 2 years is a silly one. Get real. ;)

baru911
10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Let's just be honest here. There seems to be an overall agenda chugging forward regardless of who is in office. Continued war. A continued Patriot Act. A continued flow of money to the big banks and less for the average citizen. A continuation of police state type directives that the military can arrest citizens and hold them indefinitely without trial and hey we can torture you if we wish. Basically if you protest the government you can be listed as a terrorist.

Bush arrested suspected terrorists and held them in prisons and tortured them. Obama has not ended this and he's taken it further. He will just kill them even if they are a US citizen. Bush on steroids. The thing is, how far is this going to go? Anyone of us can be put on a list in the future if we already aren't on it.

Meanwhile this is going on, the people bicker between the left and the right and blah, blah, blah. Let's face it. Where you fit on the political spectrum depends on where your money comes from. It's not about issues, it's about where your money comes from and that determines how far right or left you are. Nobody will admit to this, they want to make it sound like it's about issues and they are more intelligent or care more than the other guy.

Frankly the people in charge have determined they can keep wars going indefinitely as long as there is no draft. Ask most returning vets if they feel the general public care about them. Most will say no. Hey as long as it's not me. Take away the jobs, and jack school prices up, you will get kids signing up because they have nowhere to go. Then with technology you need less people to wage war. Some say a solder with a rifle is now obsolete.

I observe the left and find it the most interesting. I get the right wing. Most believe the rhetoric. The left will yell no war for oil!, no more wars! Stop the torture! Close Gitmo! if a republican is in office but if their guy gets in office and it's business as usual, they fully support it when nothing has changed. They will even support new military operations on new fronts.

What I find amazing is how colorful the excuse making is. The liberals have mastered the art of BS to a very high level. Pure masters. They are also good at imagery and marketing. It just dawned on me this is a new kind of religion. LOL! You sell peace but continue war and then make all sorts of excuses. Peace sells but who is buying? As long as you get that free Obama phone you don't care.

You have taken the point of the thread to a level I never could have. You ability to express yourself in the written word is unworldly. Thank you for that post.

baru911
10-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Lightweight? Mika? Is this where compare YOU to Gretchen Carlson, spouting bullshit and when confronted throwing a hissy and threatening to "storm off the set" because someone spells one of the groups you shill for with extra "K"s? Whatthefuckever.
The FACT is no other president has faced this I fucking repeat treasonous level of obstructionism and filibustering. Undeniable. So it's REEEEEEALLY disingenuous to then turn around and fault the guy for not completely living up to expectations, OR the hype. You can post all the crap about "broken promises" you want, but you're not changing the facts.

Dude, you are so fuckin' funny. In every thread when you attempt to engage me you lump me in with the likes of Mitt, Fox News, or Glen Beck. ROFLMAO. I'm not affiliated with any of them, I do not watch Fox News nor listen to Glen Beck. Your hatred of all things GOP really gets in the way of reality. To state it for the 3rd time........I ain't gonna vote for Mitt. To state this for a first time....I thought Clinton was an above average President. Reagan kicked ass as his leadership made you proud to be an American again. Obama I happen to think is the second go around of George Bush. He really hasn't moved the away from many of the policies that Bush set into motion and has expanded ones like drone attacks. Carter was the smartest man to ever be President in my lifetime but didn't understand Washington DC and how to make it work. His management style was the knot hole. Everything had to pass through him. It doesn't work and he proved it. His Presidency was a failure.

BTW, how would I even know who Mika is if I don't watch Morning Joe. I'm one of the 518,000+ people who do 5 days a week when I'm in the USA. The show is about as balanced as a morning show will ever be and it isn't too balanced. Mika is a light weight and if you view her as more than that.......well, I guess my previous post wasn't too far off base.

To explain what I am - I am a social liberal, and a fiscal conservative.

Example of one of my views:
Wanna do heroin? It is your body so have at it. Just do it at home or like they do in England where they have functioning addicts that do enough to get through the day at work and return home.

Just don't expect society to pick up the tab for your drug of choice, don't do it and fuck another person's life up through your actions, don't expect society to pick up your rehab cost, and don't expect society to pick up your medical bills when you OD. Society shouldn't pay nor be expected to pay for your dumb choices.

Nitro Express
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
You have taken the point of the thread to a level I never could have. You ability to express yourself in the written word is unworldly. Thank you for that post.

Well thanks. The thing is I value individual freedom. I see it systematically being taken away and a lot of people caring more over getting some kind of payoff than valuing their freedom. How in the hell do you grow as an individual when everything is given to you and dictated to you? That's being a child. I'm tired of hearing about perfect utopias. I have yet to see one.

Nickdfresh
10-15-2012, 09:43 PM
And that somehow deflects my point in what way? I'm a bit lost. On a side note - I do wish he would have gotten rid of the Department of Education.

The point of the thread wasn't to say Obama sucks. The point of the thread was to show that both parties are bent. Neither cares about "We The People". They care about staying in power. Look at the talking points. Both parties attempt to lead people to what causes division between them. Then they use that "boogeyman" to get us riled up so most people don't pay attention to what's important. Our leaders do it with things like abortion, the 2nd Amendment, and/or class warfare. In the Middle East their Leaders use religion. It boils down to they will do whatever it takes to remain in power and push forth an agenda that really isn't good for you, your neighbor, and this Country. It is a shame that people are blinded to that.

We are 16 trillions dollars in debt. I'd vote for the 1st guy/gal who would just step up to the plate and say this:
We are in a huge hole. To get out of it ALL of us will see our taxes increase and ALL of us will see the benefits the US Government distributes get much smaller.

BTW Nick - look a little deeper...........Obama really made 108 promises he never kept or broke. I just listed 25.

It's very simple--it's the endless-election cycle whore'athon that forces politicians to pander for money more than legislate. Unfortunately, conservatives are far more passive and amiable towards the system. Secondly, why do people actually think the office of the President is really all that powerful? There are many limitations and no one is going to be able to make their fantasies real...

vh rides again
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Your views have changed quite a bit over these last four years.

Looks like you have finally figured out that whichever party you think represents you, your fucked and it is pointless to argue about it.

Roth And Roll

Nickdfresh
10-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Your views have changed quite a bit over these last four years.

Looks like you have finally figured out that whichever party you think represents you, your fucked and it is pointless to argue about it.

Roth And Roll

That kind of apathy towards ones own anal-rape is largely the reason we're in a rudderless political whoreathon we have today...

jhale667
10-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Mika is a light weight and if you view her as more than that.......well, I guess my previous post wasn't too far off base.

M'kay, reading comprehension moment - my quote was

Lightweight? Mika?

NOT "Mika, lightweight?" Get it? :lmao: And actually since I'm the one that's never seen that show, yeah, you're not quite in the parking lot of the ballpark...

To explain what I am - I am a social liberal, and a fiscal conservative.

No, that's me.
If so that's the first time you've sounded like one. Not buying it up until the last bit, but there we actually agree on something...

sadaist
10-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Really?

The argument that he could have done whatever he wanted in the first 2 years is a silly one. Get real. ;)

I still disagree with you guys. He could have pushed anything down our throats just like they did with Obamacare.... walking though protesters carrying a giant gavel. The real reason he didn't do that the 1st 2 years is he was apologizing to everyone & trying to be loved by everyone. Beer summits around the world. The guy can't stand anyone not liking him. And that's not what we need in a leader. A strong leader makes decisions and follows through even if it means making some enemies.

He was playing Messiah and not President. basically he was community organizing from a position that requires strong leadership & decision making.

BigBadBrian
10-16-2012, 05:36 AM

http://www.bartcop.com/democrats-head-in-the-sand-55.jpg

BigBadBrian
10-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Really?

Trying to get the country on the road to recovery was first priority.

Yeah, and he failed significantly.

Instead of concentrating on jobs, he passed the stimulus which provided no new jobs and then on Obamacare, which raises taxes and healthcare costs on the middle class.

BigBadBrian
10-16-2012, 06:11 AM
SO FUCKING SICK of hearing Reps regurgitate that bullshit... :puke:

Is it any worse than the lies the Obama Administration is telling about Romney, particularly his tax plan? No, it is not.

And why is it a simple MAJORITY hasn't been enough for the past 3 1/2 years? Excessive filibustering obstructionists. Party before country, it's the Republican way! Cough...treasonous bitches...cough

It is NOT obstructionism when good conservatives are saving this country from the evil Socialists in the Democratic Party and their policies which are intended to undermine the very foundations of this great nation. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
10-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah, and he failed significantly.

Instead of concentrating on jobs, he passed the stimulus which provided no new jobs and then on Obamacare, which raises taxes and healthcare costs on the middle class.

The stimulus was started by the scandal-enabling asshat you repeatedly voted for that helped ruin the economy to begin with, was largely bipartisan, and was meant to stop the bleeding of job losses. You want presidents to make workz now?

Nickdfresh
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
...good conservatives...

Where are they?

baru911
10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
It's very simple--it's the endless-election cycle whore'athon that forces politicians to pander for money more than legislate. Unfortunately, conservatives are far more passive and amiable towards the system. Secondly, why do people actually think the office of the President is really all that powerful? There are many limitations and no one is going to be able to make their fantasies real...

Lets see......The Presidency is 1/3 of the three bodies that govern our country. The President is the guy who gets to send the military in. The President has the power to sign bills making them laws. Generally on larger issues those bills get introduced at the request of the President and the path he wants the country to move in. The President has the power of the veto. The President has the power of the Executive Order. Nick, that last one is such a small thing. I mean when you look though our history and find Executive Order 9066 issued by FDR. What's a little Internment Camp got to do with your Civil Rights and how the Presidency gets to violate them? Sure, no power. No power at all.

I do agree with your endless-election cycle whore'athon point. The USA should move towards the British election system/laws. Wanna run for President? You get x amount of dollars to spend and x amount of time. Registered parties in England are restricted in their spending for the 365 days before the election. Parties can spend up to £30,000 for each seat they contest - which adds up to £19.5m if they fight every constituency. Limiting the amount those running for election could spend would stop the cycle and those elected could get down to what they were sent to Washington DC to do.

BigBadBrian
10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
The stimulus was started by the scandal-enabling asshat you repeatedly voted for that helped ruin the economy to begin with.....

Oh, so that's why Obama claims the stimulus as his program and how wonderful it's working. He's even got that Dipshit Biden parroting that.

jhale667
10-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Is it any worse than the lies the Obama Administration is telling about Romney, particularly his tax plan? No, it is not.

Only they're not lying; and had you done any research you'd know that.

It is NOT obstructionism when good conservatives are saving this country from the evil Socialists in the Democratic Party and their policies which are intended to undermine the very foundations of this great nation. :gulp:

:puke: "Good" conservatives? Go fuck yourself.
You're completely full of shit, and so stupid you're cheerleading for the ones ACTUALLY trying to undermine the country, you idiot. They're not saving the country from anything, they're destroying it solely to get rid of Obama, It's disgusting, unpatriotic and treasonous, and you've proven yourself an even bigger scumbag for agreeing with and trying to rationalize their Anti-American bullshit. Stay classy, fucktard.

ELVIS
10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
And let's face it, if a black President and a black Attorney General were the ones to legalize weed, the right wing media would go nuts with it.

What a rediculously racist comment...:biggrin:

ELVIS
10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Oh, so that's why Obama claims the stimulus as his program and how wonderful it's working. He's even got that Dipshit Biden parroting that.

Why is Biden a dipshit ??

At least he seems to believe the leftist philosophy he spews...

Nickdfresh
10-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Lets see......The Presidency is 1/3 of the three bodies that govern our country. The President is the guy who gets to send the military in. The President has the power to sign bills making them laws. Generally on larger issues those bills get introduced at the request of the President and the path he wants the country to move in. The President has the power of the veto. The President has the power of the Executive Order. Nick, that last one is such a small thing. I mean when you look though our history and find Executive Order 9066 issued by FDR. What's a little Internment Camp got to do with your Civil Rights and how the Presidency gets to violate them? Sure, no power. No power at all.

Wooptee fucking dooo. The Presidency is severally constricted by political realities on having to deal with Congress and a Court, he simply can't just "ram through" anything he wants. The Executive Order has limits, even if they're self-imposed at times, and the EO that FDR issued is in the context of a Congressionally declared World War and total mobilization...

I do agree with your endless-election cycle whore'athon point. The USA should move towards the British election system/laws. Wanna run for President? You get x amount of dollars to spend and x amount of time. Registered parties in England are restricted in their spending for the 365 days before the election. Parties can spend up to £30,000 for each seat they contest - which adds up to £19.5m if they fight every constituency. Limiting the amount those running for election could spend would stop the cycle and those elected could get down to what they were sent to Washington DC to do.

The we agree on something, but there are a whole host of special interests including the overall media, which love those attack ad revenues...

baru911
10-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Wooptee fucking dooo. The Presidency is severally constricted by political realities on having to deal with Congress and a Court, he simply can't just "ram through" anything he wants. The Executive Order has limits, even if they're self-imposed at times, and the EO that FDR issued is in the context of a Congressionally declared World War and total mobilization...

Love how you put in the term“self-imposed limits”. What happens if the President in question doesn't impose them or declares a State of Emergency/Marshall Law? Then he has total and complete power until he decides to turn the power back over to the elected Government. The Presidency has a HUGE amount of power, has used it in the past (FDR and his treatment of the Japanese in WWII), and more than likely will have its power used again in the future. I'm sure you are more than willing to look the other way when it comes to the violations of the US Citizens (Americans of Japanese Ancestry) perpetrated by FDR the hero of the democratic party. Funny how he did not intern the all white Americans of German Ancestry at the same rate of people. 11000+ White Germans vs. 120000 Americans of Japanese Ancestry. Seems that FDR was a BIG ASS RACIST.

BTW, here is a scenario where I think a sitting President would declare Marshall Law. Lets say the popular vote went one way and the Electoral College went the other way. Wouldn't matter which candidate won the Electoral College and who won the popular vote. In a country that is divided as ours it would ignite a powder keg. People would lose their freakin' minds. Once that started it would be interesting to see what our country would face on our streets. You think FL was bad during the Gore Bush election? I think you'd have those protest that all over the country only on steroids. That type of election result would lead to riots.

Nickdfresh
10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Love how you put in the term“self-imposed limits”. What happens if the President in question doesn't impose them or declares a State of Emergency/Marshall Law? Then he has total and complete power until he decides to turn the power back over to the elected Government. The Presidency has a HUGE amount of power, has used it in the past (FDR and his treatment of the Japanese in WWII), and more than likely will have its power used again in the future. I'm sure you are more than willing to look the other way when it comes to the violations of the US Citizens (Americans of Japanese Ancestry) perpetrated by FDR the hero of the democratic party. Funny how he did not intern the all white Americans of German Ancestry at the same rate of people. 11000+ White Germans vs. 120000 Americans of Japanese Ancestry. Seems that FDR was a BIG ASS RACIST.

BTW, here is a scenario where I think a sitting President would declare Marshall Law. Lets say the popular vote went one way and the Electoral College went the other way. Wouldn't matter which candidate won the Electoral College and who won the popular vote. In a country that is divided as ours it would ignite a powder keg. People would lose their freakin' minds. Once that started it would be interesting to see what our country would face on our streets. You think FL was bad during the Gore Bush election? I think you'd have those protest that all over the country only on steroids. That type of election result would lead to riots.

I think you're selectively paranoid.

Um, blaming FDR for Internment is like blaming Nixon for Vietnam. Interment is a complex issue if you've ever read about it and there was enormous, anti-Japanese feeling and public pressure to give into paranoia. There were also landowners in California who were salivating over the prospect of the land grab they received when the Nisei-Americans were forced into camps..

And I believe they have this thing called Impeachment, as in the president can't get a blowjob from and intern without risking it...

baru911
10-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Um, blaming FDR for Internment is like blaming Nixon for Vietnam. Interment is a complex issue if you've ever read about it and there was enormous, anti-Japanese feeling and public pressure to give into paranoia. There were also landowners in California who were salivating over the prospect of the land grab they received when the Nisei-Americans were forced into camps..

Typical, you give the guy who signed it a break. It wasn't his fault. Kind of like it wasn't Obama's fault when he extended the tax breaks for another 2 years. He only signed it into law and now campaigns again about how he's gonna change it if given another 4 years. Both Obama and FDR could have stopped the action if they had the balls to do it. Or wait........It wasn't Obama's fault that our Ambassador was killed. It was the Youtube video's fault. What a load of liberal smelly shit. You wait, it will come out he was sent there to broker a deal attempting to collect weapons from certain groups that the US shouldn't have given weapons to. Umm, wouldn't that be 2 different situations where the anti-assault weapon President's administration allowed them to get into the wrong hands and US Citizens in Federal employment lost their lives? Little Fast and the Furious jab thrown in for good measure.

Also, the framework of your argument could be used to allow slavery in the US to have continued in the 1800's through today. Slavery was a complex issue if you ever read about it, and there were enormous anti-southern feelings in the North and public pressure to give into paranoia. Lets not forget about all the taxes the North was leveling and collecting on the South for textiles at the time........yada yada yada. WTF? Give me a break. If its wrong to do it is wrong to do. To attempt and give the old dickhead FDR a pass on it is BULLSHIT.

And I believe they have this thing called Impeachment, as in the president can't get a blowjob from and intern without risking it...
As you like to type.........Irrelevant to my post. I was talking about declaring Marshall Law. Under it the Constitution is suspended as are everyone's civil rights. If the Constitution is suspended then you can't impeach a President.

MUSICMANN
10-17-2012, 05:47 PM
I see some here, especially FORD, keep pushing that if the Republicans would just have laid down, then Obama would have been able to pass whatever the fuck he wanted. Does that sound like a Bi-partisan way of running the country. I can't remember the interview with Obama but he said that when you have something you want passed you just don't take no for an answer or something to that point. This is the biggest problem we have facing the country. This is the biggest reason i like Romney. He has and is willing to reach across the isle with a certain policy framework and work together with both the democrats and the republicans. This is the reason why he hasn't fully committed to giving specifics on tax cuts. How can he know which things to cut if he hasn't had a chance to come together in a Bi-Partisan environment and come to an agreement on what is best for all people in this country. The Harry Reid led Senate hasn't passed a budget in almost 48 months. Every budget proposal that the House has sent to the Senate has been back pocketed by Reid. We need a president that is strong and has strong principles, and one that is willing to bring people together not tear this country apart.

jhale667
10-17-2012, 05:53 PM
I see some here, especially FORD, keep pushing that if the Republicans would just have laid down, then Obama would have been able to pass whatever the fuck he wanted. Does that sound like a Bi-partisan way of running the country. I can't remember the interview with Obama but he said that when you have something you want passed you just don't take no for an answer or something to that point. This is the biggest problem we have facing the country. This is the biggest reason i like Romney. He has and is willing to reach across the isle with a certain policy framework and work together with both the democrats and the republicans. This is the reason why he hasn't fully committed to giving specifics on tax cuts. How can he know which things to cut if he hasn't had a chance to come together in a Bi-Partisan environment and come to an agreement on what is best for all people in this country. The Harry Reid led Senate hasn't passed a budget in almost 48 months. Every budget proposal that the House has sent to the Senate has been back pocketed by Reid. We need a president that is strong and has strong principles, and one that is willing to bring people together not tear this country apart.

You're auditioning for a gig at FAUX with that bullshit spew, right?

MUSICMANN
10-17-2012, 05:58 PM
You're auditioning for a gig at FAUX with that bullshit spew, right?

Just following in your footsteps Mr, MSNBC broadcaster.

FORD
10-17-2012, 06:11 PM
The reason the Senate wouldn't pass the House "budgets" is because it was Eddie Munster's Randtard horseshit.

Get rid of the teabaggers, Randtards, KKKochsuckers, and treasonous cowards who pledge allegiance to Grover Norquist, and then maybe we can get serious about a budget.

Nickdfresh
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Typical, you give the guy who signed it a break. It wasn't his fault. Kind of like it wasn't Obama's fault when he extended the tax breaks for another 2 years. He only signed it into law and now campaigns again about how he's gonna change it if given another 4 years. Both Obama and FDR could have stopped the action if they had the balls to do it. Or wait........It wasn't Obama's fault that our Ambassador was killed. It was the Youtube video's fault. What a load of liberal smelly shit. You wait, it will come out he was sent there to broker a deal attempting to collect weapons from certain groups that the US shouldn't have given weapons to. Umm, wouldn't that be 2 different situations where the anti-assault weapon President's administration allowed them to get into the wrong hands and US Citizens in Federal employment lost their lives? Little Fast and the Furious jab thrown in for good measure.

Strawman much, dummy? Fast and Furious was started under Bush, genius. Shouldn't he be held accountable under your stilted logic, after all it must be all his fault since he was the pResident. And I'm sorry if I know a lot about WWII and am fairly well versed in the issues. But most people were racist to an extent in WWII, you know like the racist Warner Bros. cartoons that show Japanese as 'Jap' caricatures? And while I deplore the sending people to camps We had been attacked by a major foreign power that had largely neutralized our Pacific Fleet and then Nazi-Germany declared war on us threatening our national survival, of course there was panicky, poor decisions made. It's about context. After, you suck the collective dick of Blackwater and believe they have the right to profit and wantonly murder Iraqis, now you're lecturing me about the interned Japanese you could obviously give a shit about anyways. I'm pretty sure you'd be the type to send them there with your ignorance.

Obama killed our ambassador now? Is Reagan responsible for all the Marines that died in 83'?

Also, the framework of your argument could be used to allow slavery in the US to have continued in the 1800's through today. Slavery was a complex issue if you ever read about it, and there were enormous anti-southern feelings in the North and public pressure to give into paranoia. Lets not forget about all the taxes the North was leveling and collecting on the South for textiles at the time........yada yada yada. WTF? Give me a break. If its wrong to do it is wrong to do. To attempt and give the old dickhead FDR a pass on it is BULLSHIT.

Wow, the schools in SC are fucked, now you really are strawmanning. Framework? Jesus dude, are you retarded? And I have read about the Civil War, no shit "Slavery was a complex issue." It's funny when idiots like you are only absolutist when it fits their political agenda. Is that it? Slavery was okay now because we were just as racist against the Japanese Nisei? Or that FDR was a bad president?

As you like to type.........Irrelevant to my post. I was talking about declaring Marshall Law. Under it the Constitution is suspended as are everyone's civil rights. If the Constitution is suspended then you can't impeach a President.

Okay, so Obama is going to declare Marshall Law? Why didn't Clinton declare marshall law in 1998 after the Newsweek story broke about Monicagate?

jhale667
10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Just following in your footsteps Mr, MSNBC broadcaster.

Nice dodge. But well-played... :biggrin:
Fact remains the whole "someone who will reach across the aisle" talking point is utter bullshit, because it (wrongly) implies Obama didn't. He bent over backwards for Repukes (to the chagrin of his base) and STILL met resistance and obstructionism. You're in complete denial if you don't admit Tippy Turtle McConnell said it was their No. 1 goal before the dude was even sworn in. You've so swallowed the FAUX/GOP and Myth's BS... party before country. You think that's "trying to unite" as opposed to a direct, unpatriotic attempt to "tear it apart"? For you to use that fucktardedly flawed logic to excuse his tax bullshit, and further the audacity to suggest that Wrongney is "strong and has principles" - the pathological liar/flip-flopper king of all outsourcers? The guy that said long before Benghazi how great it would be to "seize the opportunity of a crisis" to score political points and was an epic fail at that? Fucking retarded, sorry. "What's best for this country" - Romney? Ryan? :puke: Congrats in advance on voting against the country's and your own self-interests.

BigBadBrian
10-18-2012, 07:20 AM

Or lie under oath, which is what Clinton's Impeachment was really about.

baru911
10-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Strawman much, dummy? Fast and Furious was started under Bush, genius. Shouldn't he be held accountable under your stilted logic, after all it must be all his fault since he was the pResident

No, but you do when you show your ass about not knowing the facts of the case. Noting that the guns found at the scene where Boarder Patrol Agent Brian Terry was killed where shipped across the boarder after Bush left Office I’d say NO. The AK-type assault rifles were purchased by Jaime Avila from the Lone Wolf Trading Co. outside of Phoenix on Jan. 16, 2010. Ummm, little after Bush leaves office and Mr. Ego (Obama) takes over as President.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/09/exclusive-third-gun-linked-to-fast-and-furious-identified-at-border-agents/#ixzz29evAds4p

Another typical smelly liberal attempt to place blame of Bush. Lets state this again…Weapons purchased in 2010 that were found at the scene. That’s 2 years after he left office. Wait, it is another instant where Mr. Ego followed Bush’s lead. Man, as much as you guys on the left dislike Bush your guy in the Oval Office seems to carry on with all his policies, F and F, Foreign policy, Guantanamo Bay, drone attacks, the use of Military contractors, tax breaks for the wealthy….LMAO.

And I'm sorry if I know a lot about WWII and am fairly well versed in the issues.
Umm, in reading your post in the forum you tend to believe you know a lot about EVERYTHING while most of the time you are showing your ass. It is nice to get through life with a healthy ego but dude yours is unchecked.

I'm pretty sure you'd be the type to send them there with your ignorance.

Once again, I have never worked for Blackwater. Noting that I have posted my families experiences with the Klan I’d have to say no I would not be involved with an activity that violates an American Citizen’s civil rights like your boy FDR did. While he obviously did not take his Oath of Office seriously I did take mine to protect and defend the constitution seriously. Placing American Citizens in internment camps because they look different than white people is RACIST. We were at war with both Germany and Japan. Placing 120,000 people who are of Japanese ancestry and only placing 11000+ people who are WHITE of German ancesrty is a bit disproportionate for anything else except for RACE to be the reason why the Japanese where singled out at 10+ times the amount of the GOOD ARYAN WHITE PEOPLE. Guess you’ll have to fall back on the “If its white, its alright!” here to give FDR a break. Might as well break out your SS flag while you’re at it and place it on the alter of FDR you guys on the left pray to for guidence. You know you own one. Just admit it Nick…FDR had one and believed in their solutions to race problems. Man, it is a core belief of yours. The High Court has ruled on Freedom of Speech issues. It is OK celebrate your beliefs publicly according to the Court. Shit, you and Ford could head over to Germany and stay at the Munich City Hotel so you can stay of the grounds of the Bürgerbräukeller. Maybe FDR and Hitler will channel themselves through you guys. You know that would be like a wet dream for both of you and a huge highlight in your life.

Wow, the schools in SC

Little lost on your comment. I have never attended school in SC. Once again Nick's ego allows him to show his stupidity because he never checks the facts. He just types stuff with ZERO facts within it.

Okay, so Obama is going to declare Marshall Law?
No, I never stated anything about your hero Mr. Ego declaring Marshall Law. I stated a President. That could include the present President to any future President. I know that concepts where you have to use a bit of brain power are difficult for you to grasp but try and keep up.

BigBadBrian
10-18-2012, 11:09 AM
And I'm sorry if I know a lot about WWII and am fairly well versed in the issues.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nickdfresh
10-18-2012, 11:58 AM

He didn't lie, technically. He never had 'sexual relations' according to the retarded definition afforded him by prude-boy who never gets laid Starr...

Nickdfresh
10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh right Brian, which one of us mods a WWII site? Which one of us clearly trolls and talks shit on the internet and never backs it up, Mr. "Eastern Front" scholar? LMFAO!! :)

Nickdfresh
10-18-2012, 12:23 PM
No, but you do when you show your ass about not knowing the facts of the case. Noting that the guns found at the scene where Boarder Patrol Agent Brian Terry was killed where shipped across the boarder after Bush left Office I’d say NO. The AK-type assault rifles were purchased by Jaime Avila from the Lone Wolf Trading Co. outside of Phoenix on Jan. 16, 2010. Ummm, little after Bush leaves office and Mr. Ego (Obama) takes over as President.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/09/exclusive-third-gun-linked-to-fast-and-furious-identified-at-border-agents/#ixzz29evAds4p

But according to you, that doesn't matter. The program still began under Bush and the agents irresponsible actions were set in motion years ago...

Another typical smelly liberal attempt to place blame of Bush. Lets state this again…Weapons purchased in 2010 that were found at the scene. That’s 2 years after he left office. Wait, it is another instant where Mr. Ego followed Bush’s lead. Man, as much as you guys on the left dislike Bush your guy in the Oval Office seems to carry on with all his policies, F and F, Foreign policy, Guantanamo Bay, drone attacks, the use of Military contractors, tax breaks for the wealthy….LMAO.

I didn't blame Bush for anything, actually. I just correctly stated that the program began under his Justice Dept., not Obama's. I don't think the President should be held accountable for every law enforcement fuckup they don't have personal control over...again more dummy generalizations and misnomers. I don't have a problem with the drone attacks, other than there are too many and the scale of them is far to big. Tax Breaks for the wealthy is a result of Obama maintaining tax breaks for all as per the Republican Congress holding the middle class hostage. GITMO sucks, but there are no easy answers. But he has freed a substantial portion of the prisoners there...

Umm, in reading your post in the forum you tend to believe you know a lot about EVERYTHING while most of the time you are showing your ass. It is nice to get through life with a healthy ego but dude yours is unchecked.

And I think you're a smarmy, disingenuous douchebag who acts like he's not really a partisan and would vote Democrat "if...", when in reality you're the same talking-points, mindless droning fool that auto-votes Republicans effectively absolving their blind, Stalinist-like partisanship---largely against your own middle class interests...

Once again, I have never worked for Blackwater. Noting that I have posted my families experiences with the Klan I’d have to say no I would not be involved with an activity that violates an American Citizen’s civil rights like your boy FDR did. While he obviously did not take his Oath of Office seriously I did take mine to protect and defend the constitution seriously. Placing American Citizens in internment camps because they look different than white people is RACIST. We were at war with both Germany and Japan. Placing 120,000 people who are of Japanese ancestry and only placing 11000+ people who are WHITE of German ancesrty is a bit disproportionate for anything else except for RACE to be the reason why the Japanese where singled out at 10+ times the amount of the GOOD ARYAN WHITE PEOPLE. Guess you’ll have to fall back on the “If its white, its alright!” here to give FDR a break. Might as well break out your SS flag while you’re at it and place it on the alter of FDR you guys on the left pray to for guidence. You know you own one. Just admit it Nick…FDR had one and believed in their solutions to race problems. Man, it is a core belief of yours. The High Court has ruled on Freedom of Speech issues. It is OK celebrate your beliefs publicly according to the Court. Shit, you and Ford could head over to Germany and stay at the Munich City Hotel so you can stay of the grounds of the Bürgerbräukeller. Maybe FDR and Hitler will channel themselves through you guys. You know that would be like a wet dream for both of you and a huge highlight in your life.

I never said you worked for BlackKKwater...and again with the simpleton wide swath of red herring bullshit. I'm a Nazi now, you stupid fuck? Apparently you're pretty unfamiliar with my posts and modding on a WWII site. I've never said I agreed with the Nisei concentration camps. I merely said that FDR wasn't the only one at fault and there are probably far more Republican politicians who supported it and much of getting them out of their property was merely a mass theft. But you're too ignorant to know all that. But wrongdoing has been acknowledged and the Nisei relatives have rightly been compensated, but it's too little too late...

As far as preferential treatment, the Bundespost was infiltrated by the FBI and any pro-Nazi-German sympathies were quashed early, often ignoring civil rights. Was the gov't wrong to do that?

Also, while few German-American "Volksdeutsch" were interned, the U.S. Army had hundreds of thousands of German POW's here in camps. During the war, the POW's held in America were famously treated extraordinarily well and even paid for labor, fed better than if they had been still serving in the Wehrmacht, and treated with kit gloves. What is not every well known is that after the war their rations were halved and many of the Germans were subjected to a much harsher regime of almost slave labor as a sort of punishment once the Holocaust was generally known by the public, and to break them down prior to repatriation. Also, 15,000 German POW's are said to have died in camps while being held by the U.S. Army in Germany as the result of malnutrition and exposure mainly because the Army never thought they'd have so many prisoners as well as the inevitable postwar famine. So don't worry, I can name many instances where the U.S. did some pretty sketchy things in WWII...

Little lost on your comment. I have never attended school in SC. Once again Nick's ego allows him to show his stupidity because he never checks the facts. He just types stuff with ZERO facts within it.

You must be the town genius then! :)

No, I never stated anything about your hero Mr. Ego declaring Marshall Law. I stated a President. That could include the present President to any future President. I know that concepts where you have to use a bit of brain power are difficult for you to grasp but try and keep up.

Your comment is bullshit, and based on some irrational, fantastical paranoia you'd never have if a white, Republican like Bush was president...

jhale667
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Nick's on fire...lmao :wow2:

baru911
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Nick's on fire...lmao :wow2:

Kind of like the smell of Nick’s lubeless asshole when you caught him on fire playing "the top" the other day?

Nickdfresh
10-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Kind of like the smell of Nick’s lubeless asshole when you caught him on fire playing "the top" the other day?

How would you know how my asshole smells? And yes, I've never lubed my asshole...

FORD
10-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Except he didn't lie.

Blowjobs and sticking cigars in pussies didn't meet the definition of "sexual relations" that Ken Starr was using. So while Clinton answered like a lawyer and definitely used "weasel words", he didn't lie.