PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Giuliani Calls Out Soledad O'Brien for What She Is: An Obama Shill

BigBadBrian
10-16-2012, 05:32 AM
LINK (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/10/15/rudy-giuliani-asks-soledad-o-brien-am-i-debating-presidents-campaign)
CNN’s Soledad O’Brien just can’t stop herself from appearing like she works for the White House rather than the supposedly most trusted name in news.

This was so apparent on Monday’s Starting Point that guest Rudy Giuliani, the former mayor of New York City, asked her, “Am I debating with the President's campaign?” (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

Early in the segment, O’Brien defended Vice President Joe Biden’s debate performance last week by saying the campaign told her the next morning, “If all the Republicans point out is laughing, clearly they have nothing to criticize on.”

Giuliani countered, “Oh, there's plenty to criticize. I mean, the cover-up of Benghazi is startling.”

“Well, that’s not really a cover-up,” quickly interjected Democrat strategist Richard Socarides.

“Can I finish my statement before you get all upset?” scolded the Mayor.

From there, Giuliani imparted some of the facts of the situation.

O’Brien then predictably put on her Obama campaign hat and said, “The White House now is basically saying the State Department dropped the ball. The State Department is looking and saying…”

After Giuliani mockingly sighed, O’Brien responded, “Listen, I'm telling you how it goes – and they’re saying there's intel issues.”

“Who put Susan Rice on?” asked the Mayor. “The State Department or the political people? It was a political appearance on CNN."

“So what they're really trying to do is they’re trying to run out the clock,” Giuliani continued. “The investigation will be after the debate, after the election is over. So what they're trying to do is cover up this scandal as much as possible.”

“Calling something a cover-up kind of takes it a further step, don't you think?” defended O’Brien.

“No, it doesn't,” replied the Mayor. “The statement was made, including by the President of the United States, that this was due to this terrible movie about Mohammed."

“But, but he actually didn't say that,” amazingly countered O’Brien. “The verbatim, the actual verbatim of what he said, he did not say that it was something other than that. But it was mentioned, but he did not specifically say this was due to a movie.”

Yes, an anchor for the supposedly most trusted name in news really did say this.

She then talked about pulling transcripts of what the President said leading Giuliani to state, “Man, the defensive. Am I debating with the President's campaign? I mean, the defense of the President is overwhelming.”

After some crosstalk, Giuliani continued, “This sounds like a cover-up. If this weren't a Democratic president, I think all you people would be going crazy.”

Following a question from Reuters’ Chrystia Freeland about whether these foreign policy issues will be trumped by the economy this election, Giuliani said, “ I think if, in fact, this becomes a question of the President's lack of leadership, then it cuts into the economy as well, and it's beginning to become like that.”

“The White house has fumbled this,” the Mayor continued. “Whether it's a deliberate cover-up or they're making it look like a cover-up, they have fumbled the ball four or five times here. Several contradictions. So, excuse me if being the fact that I'm a Republican, I don't give them as you do all the benefit of the doubt.”

When Giuliani said “As you do,” he looked and gestured towards O’Brien.

Did I mention that she works for the supposedly most trusted name in news?

Nickdfresh
10-16-2012, 09:12 AM
How many times did he mention 9/11? More weak piss from a guy who made a nice living out of exploiting a tragedy/terror attacks...

jhale667
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Gi911iani is a shill himself, and he's just pissed for getting called out on it. Repukes think since they own the media they should get a free pass, but even FAUX has been calling out some of the bullshit of late.

FORD
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
9u11ani accusing anybody of a coverup has to be the ultimate hypocrisy.

Soledad should have asked him why FEMA was already in NYC on the night of September 10, 2001.

Dr. Love
10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
How many times did he mention 9/11? More weak piss from a guy who made a nice living out of exploiting a tragedy/terror attacks...

I just watched the video, he didn't mention 9/11 at all.

Gi911iani is a shill himself, and he's just pissed for getting called out on it. Repukes think since they own the media they should get a free pass, but even FAUX has been calling out some of the bullshit of late.

I thought everyone on the show was rather reasonable. Did you guys watch the video? He didn't seem pissed at all. Did you guys watch the video?

9u11ani accusing anybody of a coverup has to be the ultimate hypocrisy.

Soledad should have asked him why FEMA was already in NYC on the night of September 10, 2001.

:doh:

I must have seen a different video. I don't care for Giuliani but the guy (as well as everyone else) were having a rather calm debate. Sometimes I think we've suspended reality around here in favor of caricature.

Nickdfresh
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I just watched the video, he didn't mention 9/11 at all.

Thanks for answering my question, I guess he's bored and not trying to win anything anymore since on one wants him. But in case it went over your head, I really didn't care if he said it or not, I was pointing to his double standard regarding shilling and being a whore and that maybe he's not the best person to do so and has no credibility. And he's an ugly old whore if you believe the Vagina Monologues, and I never disbelieve a vagina talking to me UhhuHUHUHUuhhuHUHHUHhhuh™...

I thought everyone on the show was rather reasonable. Did you guys watch the video? He didn't seem pissed at all. Did you guys watch the video?

I saw it when it aired live, but wasn't paying attention admittedly as I had other shit going on...

:doh:

I must have seen a different video. I don't care for Giuliani but the guy (as well as everyone else) were having a rather calm debate. Sometimes I think we've suspended reality around here in favor of caricature.

He's a dick, and I gave up listening to him along time ago as he lost credibility a long time ago. I could point to numerous cunts that might offer a calm, reasoned debate like Holocaust Deniers...

Dr. Love
10-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure there's anyone left that can't be accused of losing their credibility for some reason or another. I guess I'm just not to the point yet where I stop listening to other people's opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

jhale667
10-16-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure there's anyone left that can't be accused of losing their credibility for some reason or another. I guess I'm just not to the point yet where I stop listening to other people's opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

I watched it, and he wasn't "expressing an opinion" - he was trying to sling some more bullshit. Fuck him.

Nickdfresh
10-16-2012, 04:20 PM

Never said you shouldn't, you should listen to whatever you want. I just think he's a predictable douche and I know his opinion. I'm not an O'Brien fanboi and I think CNN is becoming unwatchable, but I'll give her this--she challenges ALL politicians with facts and confronts their bullshit talking points often leaving them looking disheveled and resorting to the same cliche complaints...