PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck Canada, What did we ever do to you?

Unchainme
10-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Avril Lavigne's collaborative record with soon-to-be husband, Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, isn't due until early 2013. But fans might get a rough idea of what a Chavril song sounds like even sooner with Lavigne's cover of the Nickelback single "How You Remind Me."

The 27-year-old singer covered the band's breakout hit for an upcoming anime film, "One Piece Film Z," which is the 12th installment of the best-selling magna series of all time, "One Piece." According to Anime News Network, the film will also feature Lavigne's rendition of Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation," but we're far more concerned about "How You Remind Me." Incidentally, Chad Kroeger originally wrote "How You Remind Me," the lead single from Nickelback's 2001 studio album, Silver Side Up (and the song that made a name for Nickelback), about his relationship with ex-girlfriend.

The happy couple caught everyone off-guard when they announced their engagement in August after a courtship that was largely under-wraps. However, Kroeger and Lavigne have made it clear to the public that they're choosing to ignore the haters.

"I try not to take too much interest in the world's opinion of our relationship," Kroeger, 37, told People magazine. "I just know the both of us are very happy."

The Canadian rockers met earlier this year while working in the studio on Lavigne's fifth album and, appropriately, began dating on July 1, Canada Day.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1696096/avril-lavigne-nickelback-cover-song-anime-movie.jhtml