PDA

View Full Version : TMac set to goto Houston

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 11:29 AM
TMac and Yao...good move for Houston...giving up Francis...who's interesting to say the least...and Mobley...an underrated player to say the least...

The actual deal is much bigger...Francis, Mobley, Cato and Bostjan Nachbar for McGrady, Howard, DeClerq and Tyrone Lue...

the other players being included because of the cap...

Snoo
06-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm a huge Rockets fan, and I started whooping and yelling when they first mentioned this on ESPNEWS...but now I'm not so sure. T-Mac is almost as much of a whiny bitch as Francis, and I'm not too thrilled with Mobley or Nachbar going. Oh well, at least this should reduce the turnovers by about twenty per game now.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Well...TMac has rightfully bitched because of the lack of coach...and support players (of course Grant Hill's contract has been a huge problem with this)...

I think TMac in Houston is a good fit because they'll have some cap room...after they dump players...and have a solid nucleus with Mac and Ming...

We'll see though...not nearly a done deal yet...

Snoo
06-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Letting this leak out was a dumb move. Charlotte is going to take players they have no interest in just so they can deal them. Now they'll probably take Mobley and Nachbar just to hold them hostage and get something better from Houston. Maybe not though since the Rockets don't have a pick until the third round. I'm surprised Mobley was on the unprotected list, Van Gundy must really despise him.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Well...we'll see...them taking that guy from the Clippers was part of the deal in getting the number 2 pick...

I am a bit confused about Mobley being on that list...

Snoo
06-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Damn...now SportsLine is saying it can't be made official until July 15th because of something in Francis' contract. Somebody's bound to come up with a better offer by then.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Well...no...what would happen is they'd agree to the deal...then wait until the 15th to make it official...happens all the time...

there's probably a contract change starting on the fifteenth...that will make the cap numbers work...probably something to do with his bonus...

Snoo
06-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I get that, but that doesn't mean someone can't make a better offer, and then the Magic decide to accept it instead. Until it's official, anything goes. SportsLine is also saying it's Francis/Mobley/Cato for McGrady/Howard/Lue, which I think it much better in the Rockets favor. They lived and died by the three for the most part, and getting to keep Nachbar, not to mention adding Lue, who is streaky, will make them dangerous.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Nah...it happens every year...deals are done in advance...I'm sure something is signed that could come back and haunt someone in court down the line...and you announce it in the middle of July...officially...that's all...it's not anything goes...

if this deal doesn't get done...it won't have anything to do with July 15...and everything to do with a better deal...

Snoo
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh. I assumed the rules in the NBA were like the rules in most of the other sports, where if something's not completely squared away, anything can happen.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Again...it depends on the scenario...right now nothing is done...no agreement has been made...

But...when you hear about it being a done deal...announced on ESPN with official players involved...before July 15th...it will be a done deal...

the league just won't announce it officially until the 15th...

Snoo
06-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Right, I got all that.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2004, 05:29 PM
The question though is if and when it becomes official...

I see TMac and Shaq are sitting down and trying to figure out how they both can end up in Dallas...

don't you love that...players trying to decide where they'll end up...

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 12:00 PM
It looks like Francis may be scaring this deal away...

He has cold feet about going to Orlando...lmfao...

maybe that Dallas deal isn't gone yet...

Sarge
06-23-2004, 12:04 PM
shit... another dupe thread!

I bet this deal falls through!

Snoo
06-23-2004, 12:11 PM
He can't scare it away. He's said the whole time he doesn't want to go to Orlando, but he doesn't have a no-trade clause or anything.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Snoo
He can't scare it away. He's said the whole time he doesn't want to go to Orlando, but he doesn't have a no-trade clause or anything.

No, he doesn't have a no-trade clause...but I doubt very much that Orlando is going to trade for a guy that might not report...might force a trade...or might cause dissention in the locker room...

It will take a lot of assurances to get this deal done...

Snoo
06-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Vancouver took him in the draft, and they knew he wouldn't play there. They know they can trade him for something. Hell, if Kobe leaves the Lakers and Orlando goes after Shaq, he could be part of that package.

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Francis' agent has been saying that the deal is very near.

Francis won;t walk away from the $75 million left on is deal, he may not like being traded, but I think he'll report.

Whether Orlando wants to deal him after that is unknown.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Well...this may just be me...but I'm guessin' that TMac will get more for Orlando...than Francis will...

Again...if the Houston deal were the only one out there...I'd say this was a done deal...

The thing about all of this is that if Orlando doesn't think he wants to play for them...I don't think they'll deal for him to deal him...

they've got to be looking at TMac thinking, "We only get a player like this once...let's not screw it up..."

Now if they get a deal in the can for Francis before they deal for him...well...maybe...

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Suns: Marion for T-Mac deal gains momentum

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

News

The Arizona Republic is reporting that the Magic's interest in a deal that would send guard Tracy McGrady to the Suns in exchange for forward Shawn Marion, the No. 7 pick, and an additional player has grown after learning that Houston guard Steve Francis has reservations about playing for them. According to the report, the Suns would want T-Mac to waive the player option allowing him to become a free agent after the 2004-2005 season. He would then be under contract until the summer of 2007 for more than $32 million for the last two years.

Views

Because Francis' contract will not allow him to be traded until June 30, the Magic has an opportunity to continue exploring trade offers for the NBA's two-time defending scoring champion. With free-agent prize Kobe Bryant suddenly expected to return to Los Angeles, it is not surprising to see the Suns considering another potential blockbuster move. They reportedly will not include forward Amare Stoudemire or guard Joe Johnson in the trade along with Marion. The Magic have to determine how serious Francis' reservations are, because a nucleus of Marion, the No. 1 pick overall (Emeka Okafor?), and the No. 7 pick (Devin Harris?) is pretty compelling.

Snoo
06-23-2004, 01:01 PM
See? If Francis' contract had nothing to do with this, the deal would've been made right after the expansion draft. Now it's looking less and less likely. I knew this would happen.

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Nothing is etched in stone.

Could be a ploy used by orlando to drive the price up for T Mac, is all part of the trading game.

Like POJO says, until something is definite, everything is possible still.

Or he said something like that.

Snoo
06-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Has there been news on Francis being traded if he doesn't go to Orlando yet? I'm sure he'll bitch all year about "you bastards almost trading me" if he isn't.

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I'll agree with that, he will sulk and piss and moan.

Hell, he does that when he isn't being traded.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 05:57 PM
As I said before Snoo...once the deal is finalized...before June 30th...or July 15th...they'll sign the deal...locking it in place...the NBA will sanction it after the June 30th deadline...and the deal will go through...

If it happens...you'll hear media outlets announce it...but won't be official until the 30th...

the only reason why that deal hasn't been made yet is because of Francis...

trust me...if his name was attached to a deal to the Lakers...he'd be happy as a monkey in heat...

I'll be honest though...that deal to Phoenix sounds much better...

but the best deal of all was probably that Indiana deal...can't figure out why they aren't even considering it....

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 06:15 PM
TMac apparently talked to ownership...and Shaq...expressing interest to find a way to get the both of them to Dallas...

it appears that TMac's statement was true...he wants to play with Shaq...

you'd think the moron would realize that staying in Orlando would give him the best chance of that happening...

Snoo
06-24-2004, 12:04 AM
The Suns traded the #7 pick, so it looks like they're out of the running.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Yep...I am finding it curious that they are waiting until AFTER the draft to make a deal...

it would lead me to believe that they are going after the Houston deal...or going at Indiana...

I'm sure there's some stuff we don't know about though...

Snoo
06-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Now the dumbass Francis is "fine" with going to Orlando, probably because he knows it's not going to happen now or something.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7448665

POJO_Risin
06-26-2004, 12:32 PM
LMFAO...yeah...I saw that shit yesterday...

funny thing is...that's been circulating since yesterday...you'd think the deal would be done now if that were the case...

So...your fears might be coming to fruition...

we may have a case of Orlando looking at other offers...and/or...seeing how feasible it is to KEEP TMac...

With Francis' contract...they have that time to kill.

If Francis had kept his yap shut...that deal would have been done before the draft...

Snoo
06-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Grant Hill said "A little birdie told me we're getting Stevie Franchise". Either he's blurting it out for some unknown reason, or got hooked on ankle-painkillers.

POJO_Risin
06-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Grant Hill?

Is he a player?

I think I remember him...he's that dude from the Cowboys right?

Snoo
06-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Nah, you're thinking of Grant Ledyard. He played for the Stars.

POJO_Risin
06-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Maybe it was Calvin Murphy...lmfao...

Talk about a career gone bad...and people were comparing him to Jordan 4 years ago...

so much for that...

Snoo
06-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Kind of like Vince Carter. He's still playing, but he's playing basketball in Canada...so he might as well not be playing anymore.

POJO_Risin
06-27-2004, 02:09 PM
LMFAO...you know Carter wants out of there...

Yeah...the year before TMac left...Carter WAS the next Jordan...see what happens to the pretenders when the defense gets to focus all their attention on you...

culater

Snoo
06-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Now the deal's done contingent on them all passing physicals: Francis, Mobley, Cato for McGrady, Howard, and Lue. They better give Francis a physical before he gets a chance to go to Disney World and break his ankle stepping off one of the shuttles.