PDA

View Full Version : New DLR album?

Pau
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
This summer read something about David Lee Roth in the studio with John Lowery. The tune "Ya dig" from last John CD (Art of Malice. 2010) sounds very familiar to songs like "Shyboy", "Bottom Line", "It´s showtime" or "Slamdunck".

It would be nice if David had booked some time in studio to give new songs.

Seshmeister
10-24-2012, 04:51 PM

DONNIEP
10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
I really like that track. But the damn Halloween costume is retarded. I don't know why that bothers me so much...

motherchicken
10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
I'd like to see Dave do an album with Jimmy Page.

Pau
10-25-2012, 01:01 AM
I´m thinking in many, many guitarists before Jimmy Page to work with Roth. Bonamassa, DeMartini, Gilbert, Kotzen, Gibbons, Satriani, Firkins...

binnie
10-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Doubt it'd happen, for 2 reasons:

1) albums don't really make money anymore, and Dave's 'recent' ones haven't been big sellers - so why bother?

2) It would piss Eddie of, and the reunion is the smarter gig.

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
I wonder if Ed's fragile ego could handle Dave releasing some music via his website or even maybe itunes?

Seshmeister
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
I'd like to see Dave do an album with Jimmy Page.

I'd like to see Gary Glitter do an album with Jimmy Page.

Best to keep them all in the one place...

sonrisa salvaje
10-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd rather Dave just get back with John 5 and do a sequel to DLR Band. Even with less than spectacular production that album smokes and they just work so damn well together given the outcome.

VAiN
10-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Great tune.. this guy really shreds, yet doesn't sound overly wankerish...

ELVIS
10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I think it sounds totally wankerish and totally lame...

And I like Lowery...

motherchicken
10-25-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd like to see Gary Glitter do an album with Jimmy Page.

Best to keep them all in the one place...
What do you mean by "them". I can't think of anything Page has in common with Gary Glitter other than them both being old and English.

motherchicken
10-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I´m thinking in many, many guitarists before Jimmy Page to work with Roth. Bonamassa, DeMartini, Gilbert, Kotzen, Gibbons, Satriani, Firkins...
I just think Van Halen started out to be the American version of Zep. Vocals, guitar, bass, and drums. Straight up rock. I could see Dave doing some blues based rock . I liked the bluegrass shit.

Never was
10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Dave could just clean up the acoustic tapes. Something so diff from Van Halen would probably be safe, just not any monetary motive to do so but possible in theory. It would not be a money maker however.

Monkeeman
10-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Not worth it if Eddie would throw a hissy fit and cause a split in the band again.

DONNIEP
10-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Not worth it if Eddie would throw a hissy fit and cause a split in the band again.

This is the issue. Fuck Eddie if he really is this insecure. I know, I shouldn't have said anything. But the last time I checked this wasn't the Eddie Army - this is the Roth Fucking Army motherfuckers!!

SunisinuS
10-26-2012, 02:23 AM
He should sing over one of Jason Becker's new tunes.... I mean that sincerly.

We can sometimes see new venues when we mature and have faced all of life....they could still write a tune.

:)

PS. This was written at night for those in Europe...and the USA...so you Aussies will not even understand.

:fencing:

sadaist
10-26-2012, 03:13 AM
This is the issue. Fuck Eddie if he really is this insecure. I know, I shouldn't have said anything. But the last time I checked this wasn't the Eddie Army - this is the Roth Fucking Army motherfuckers!!

Yes it is the Roth Army. But we have lived through enough incarnations of his career to know where we want him. And that's smack at the front/center microphone for Van Fucking Halen!!!

envy_me
10-26-2012, 03:29 AM
They should just replace Eddie. Hmmm who is Hagar equivalent of guitarplayers?? Nugent? :D

DONNIEP
10-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Yes it is the Roth Army. But we have lived through enough incarnations of his career to know where we want him. And that's smack at the front/center microphone for Van Fucking Halen!!!

Well I stand corrected.

sadaist
10-26-2012, 04:15 AM
They should just replace Eddie. Hmmm who is Hagar equivalent of guitarplayers?? Nugent? :D

Vivian Campbell.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 05:14 AM

Eddie is impossible to replace and Al would never play in a band without Eddie. A Sammy Hagar equivalent guitar player might be a sucking street musician in the Castro District of San Fransisco.

Yount
10-26-2012, 06:55 AM
This is a great cover tune. I'd love to jam this one day. Always loved how it went from Night life to Sunburn with the woman on the roof with the paper moon. YFLM is an unknown classic. A good album to shake the pretenders from the tree. DLR just has a cool voice, whether he can sing or not.

Yount
10-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Night life is a great, great tune. Love singing it.

He's in fair shape under those overalls, young David.

So this is love
10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I`m not going for anything less than the real thing...that is Dave and Ed ...a new album from all the leftovers ...a new world tour as they call it...

DONNIEP
10-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Of course I want another VH record - but I'd dig some solo stuff from Dave as well (in addition to, not in place of). The guy obviously records a lot of stuff and it would be great to have it.

Dave's Bitch
10-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Some new Dave stuff would be nice to hear at some point but if I was Dave I would not tempt fate.Ed is still a dick

DONNIEP
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, DB, I agree with you. But fuck it - I want everything I can get my hands on :)

So this is love
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
my point exactly...we cannot afford another breakup this far in their life/career...as interesting as Dave is...we need to get all we can from Dave and Ed while it last

motherchicken
10-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I might be in the minority here but I would have rather had Dave put out a solo album that made anything he'd ever done with Van Halen or solo seem pale in comparison. New tunes with some shit hot new guitarist nobody ever heard of. Somebody that made Eddie look like a second stringer. No denying Eddies ability but the guys a dick, his brother is a dick and they don't deserve a second chance at becoming the greatest American hard rock band of all time. I don't care for Sammy but I still think Eddie and Alex fucked him just like they fucked Dave earlier. I'm sure the break up of the original band was more of a mutual thing but I still blame the brothers. I didn't dig their we never needed Dave atitude when Sammy took over.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I think the Van Halen's have shot their load. They did a good professional job this last tour but it only happened because of Ed's son having influence. Without Wolf it wouldn't have happened. Al is a bitter old prick and Ed is a basket case. Rock and roll legends but total ass wipes as human beings.

So this is love
10-27-2012, 12:04 AM
thanks Nitro for being so blunt...its not what I wanted to hear but nevertheless. I know they are all pricks and that the 84 split was most probly a mutual agreement... businesswise...but fuck I'm just 46 and I want to surf the VH wave some more...

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 12:45 AM
thanks Nitro for being so blunt...its not what I wanted to hear but nevertheless. I know they are all pricks and that the 84 split was most probly a mutual agreement... businesswise...but fuck I'm just 46 and I want to surf the VH wave some more...

I'm just 46 too. To be honest, I think putting the shows on was hard on VH. They have gotten old and frankly when you abuse your body for all those years with alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs, it's going to take it's toll. Someone cracked the whip. Someone kept it on track and that was Wolfie. I think VH gave us their best but it taxed them. It was hard on them. Vallerie said the only reason Ed did it was because of Wolfie because Ed was done with it.

If anything the band finally got the closure it should have had. It's a part of rock and roll history but let's not fool ourselves, it can't go on. The band is just too unstable for a lot of reasons. Do a regression analysis on the band and it will show you, it's going to putter out. It's done that so many times in the past and why is this any different? At least it didn't suck. They redid some old demos and put out some new songs. It was pretty good. Live they were great.

Pau
10-27-2012, 02:54 AM
The demos and outtakes from Las Vegas thing would be awesome. "Livin In America" was fantastic and really show me another way of tasting Dave´s style.

envy_me
10-27-2012, 04:31 AM
I think the Van Halen's have shot their load. They did a good professional job this last tour but it only happened because of Ed's son having influence. Without Wolf it wouldn't have happened. Al is a bitter old prick and Ed is a basket case. Rock and roll legends but total ass wipes as human beings.

Those are my thoughts exactly. That is why I am here and not at van halen army. Dave could definitelly pull off a great solo album and have good sales under two conditions. That he gets help with song-writing, maybe cooperates with someone (NOT Diane Warren, but someone good). And the other thing is he HAS to stay away from the bizarre stuff like 50 rides on the love train and BBQ film.

Seshmeister
10-27-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm just 46 too.

46 is pretty fucking old man.

When I first started posting here Dave Lee Roth was 45...

vandeleur
10-27-2012, 06:32 AM
46 is old .... were as 45 is the new 44 :D

Seshmeister
10-27-2012, 06:59 AM
46 is old .... were as 45 is the new 44 :D

and were is the new where. :)

vandeleur
10-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Damn grammar , isn't where the place and were not the place . Or you pulling my leg ... WHERE is google when I need it :biggrin:

Yount
10-27-2012, 07:23 AM
And the other thing is he HAS to stay away from the bizarre stuff like 50 rides on the love train and BBQ film.

What is your opinion on the LP Your Filthy Little Mouth? What are your favourites? And what do you consider bizarre and therefore stay away from? And why?

...just out of curiosity.

Seshmeister
10-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Actually looks like I was kind of wrong too, damn hangover.

http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/109435-whereas-where.html

vandeleur
10-27-2012, 07:48 AM
You live and learn. At any rate, you live. :D

DONNIEP
10-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Dave releasing singles on iTunes - he wouldn't have to do an entire record at once.

DONNIEP
10-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Fourth - that's exactly what I'm getting at. If Ed decides to pull another Brian Wilson then I'd rather have some Dave solo stuff than nothing. Hell - Dave could just put some of the songs from the BBQ up on iTunes. I'd buy 'em today. And Eddie could cry me a river :)

Dave's Bitch
10-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Dave releasing singles on iTunes - he wouldn't have to do an entire record at once.

That is a great idea.I hope he is reading ;)

So this is love
10-27-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm just 46 too. To be honest, I think putting the shows on was hard on VH. They have gotten old and frankly when you abuse your body for all those years with alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs, it's going to take it's toll. Someone cracked the whip. Someone kept it on track and that was Wolfie. I think VH gave us their best but it taxed them. It was hard on them. Vallerie said the only reason Ed did it was because of Wolfie because Ed was done with it.

If anything the band finally got the closure it should have had. It's a part of rock and roll history but let's not fool ourselves, it can't go on. The band is just too unstable for a lot of reasons. Do a regression analysis on the band and it will show you, it's going to putter out. It's done that so many times in the past and why is this any different? At least it didn't suck. They redid some old demos and put out some new songs. It was pretty good. Live they were great.

You make to much sense dude...THEY will be back