PDA

View Full Version : Mc Cartney kisses some Ono ass.

motherchicken
10-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Sir Paul commented recently that Yoko had nothing to do with the Beatles breakup. They were destined to break up. That's about all there is to the story so it wasn't worth posting. I can't help but think he's needing something from Yoko. Not that I don't believe him. I just question the timing.

Satan
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I really don't think Yoko really was that big of a factor. In general, the Beatles were tired of each other. Remember that even though the US thinks they just magically dropped out of the sky in early 1964, reality is, John and Paul had been playing together since the summer of 1957, and George only a few months after that. And while there was tension between Lennon & McCartney, it was actually far worse between Paul & George. Which is why George briefly left the group during the Let It Be sessions, because Paul was bossing him around a little too much.

John and Paul actually resumed their friendship by 1974 and even recorded together again (though the result ain't exactly a masterpiece, which is why it was never officially released) but Paul and George took much longer to work out their differences. Paul even skipped the Beatles induction to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, leaving George and Ringo stuck on stage with Yoko who was accepting on John's behalf. Paul and George were on good terms from the time of the Beatles Anthology project up until George's death, but that's about 25 years down the drain before they could get to that point.

FORD
11-02-2012, 07:03 PM

Nickdfresh
11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I really don't think Yoko really was that big of a factor. In general, the Beatles were tired of each other. Remember that even though the US thinks they just magically dropped out of the sky in early 1964, reality is, John and Paul had been playing together since the summer of 1957, and George only a few months after that. And while there was tension between Lennon & McCartney, it was actually far worse between Paul & George. Which is why George briefly left the group during the Let It Be sessions, because Paul was bossing him around a little too much.

John and Paul actually resumed their friendship by 1974 and even recorded together again (though the result ain't exactly a masterpiece, which is why it was never officially released) but Paul and George took much longer to work out their differences. Paul even skipped the Beatles induction to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, leaving George and Ringo stuck on stage with Yoko who was accepting on John's behalf. Paul and George were on good terms from the time of the Beatles Anthology project up until George's death, but that's about 25 years down the drain before they could get to that point.

Didn't Paul also do some studio and production work for John? I recall McCartney commenting on the perception that it was Lennon that was the spiritual and creative force behind the Beatles by saying the John barely knew how to operate mixing and recording equipment properly...

Satan
11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Paul was definitely always the more "serious" musician of the two. The reason he got the gig with the Quarrymen in the first place is that nobody in the band knew how to properly tune a guitar, and Paul taught them how to do that. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that McCartney was more comfortable with all the studio technology, but given the number of Lennon's home demo tapes that have surfaced over the years, it would appear that he could at least operate a 4 track recorder and overdub himself on that when needed. Paul didn't have any involvement in John's solo work, to my knowledge.