PDA

View Full Version : House panel to hold hearing on Libya attack with top Obama intelligence advisers

BigBadBrian
11-08-2012, 07:29 AM
A House committee is planning to hold a hearing next week on the Libya consulate attack, following up on an issue that Republicans had emphasized before the presidential election in questioning President Obama's foreign policy record.

Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi. A local Libyan extremist group is suspected of carrying out the attack, but the Obama administration has been criticized for its confusing explanation for the strike and for security warnings that apparently weren't heeded.

The House Intelligence Committee will hold its hearing on the attack on Nov. 15, Fox News has learned. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, CIA Director David Petraeus and Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, are expected to testify.

The Senate Intelligence Committee plans to meet the same day to discuss the Libya attack, but that hearing will be closed to the public.

Olsen was the first member of the Obama administration to publicly describe the Libya assault explicitly as a "terrorist attack," at a hearing more than a week after the attack, though Obama had spoken earlier more generally about the U.S. response to "acts of terror."

Republicans, who control the House, have accused Obama officials of downplaying the attack's terrorist nature to maintain an administration narrative that Al Qaeda is on the run. Officials initially suggested an anti-Islam video produced in the United States had motivated the attack, which U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice said five days later appeared to be "spontaneous" violence after a protest escalated.

But further investigation revealed no protest outside the consulate on the night of the attack, and the attackers are thought to be members of Ansar al-Sharia, a group that isn't directly affiliated with Al Qaeda but sympathizes with its anti-Western goals. It remains unclear how long the attackers had been planning their strike and whether they were motivated by outrage over the video.
The Obama administration also has faced questions about why it didn't do more to protect the consulate and the ambassador, especially in light of evidence that requests earlier this year for security improvements either were denied or never followed up on.

Other evidence suggests U.S. officials were aware in the days before the attack that extremists were a growing threat in Libya and that the consulate could not withstand a coordinated attack.

Obama has vowed that his administration will do whatever it takes to bring the attackers to justice, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has taken responsibility for any security failures, though she also has cautioned that a full investigation of the attack remains under way.

The FBI only last week was granted access by Tunisia to one of the suspected attackers, who is being held in the country after his arrest at an airport in Turkey shortly after the Libya attack.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/07/house-panel-to-hold-hearing-on-libya-attack-with-top-obama-intelligence/

Nickdfresh
11-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Republicans, who control the House, have accused Obama officials of downplaying the attack's terrorist nature to maintain an administration narrative that Al Qaeda is on the run. Officials initially suggested an anti-Islam video produced in the United States had motivated the attack, which U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice said five days later appeared to be "spontaneous" violence after a protest escalated.

A presumption that is completely senseless and shows these guys are just partisan-tards. Now that the election is over, it's just going the be a perfunctory dog and pony show...

Satan
11-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Joe McCarthief is looking for a new witch hunt.

Nitro Express
11-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Oh this whole Libya thing is going to be colorful. It's not going to go away. It's like the election never happened. It didn't change a thing after both parties spent billions of dollars duking it out with each other. The freak show continues and yes it will be all the partisan jib jab. We's going to have a deck fight while the Titanic continues to sink into the icy water. I wonder what we are going to run our military with when Ben Bernanke print them dollars up scheme no longer works?

ELVIS
11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
You must be racist, Nitro...:biggrin:

Satan
11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
It will be a great day in Hell (and up there too) when nobody takes a Pimpy O'Keefe/Breitfart scam video seriously anymore.

kwame k
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I think a hearing is warranted, even though this is politically motivated........they should investigate this, Americans died and this was an act of terror.........figure out where the errors occurred and take steps to correct this kind of thing from ever happening again.

That would be the adult thing to do but since this is Washington it'll turn into a multi-million dollar cluster fuck:(

ELVIS
11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
You're obviously a racist, kwame...

Your post is hereby disregarded...

Nickdfresh
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM

WTF does this have to do with anything, dummy? You've already posted this. Are you again descending into the thread-derailing spamtard you have been in the past?

jhale667
11-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Joe McCarthief is looking for a new witch hunt.

Bottom line. And since this "intelligence failure" happened in a war-torn region and (while unfortunate) only 4 lives were lost - it PALES in comparison to the one that cost us 3000 lives on American Soil. Fucking hypocrites.

ELVIS
11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
WTF does this have to do with anything, dummy? You've already posted this. Are you again descending into the thread-derailing spamtard you have been in the past?

Please foregive me, all-knowing mighty front line authority...

Nickdfresh
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Please foregive me, all-knowing mighty front line authority...

You are forgiven, my son. I have to remember that some people lack any sort of good judgement...

ELVIS
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, like when they dump threads...

Nitro Express
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM

You can't eat a phone. What are these people going to do when the government crashes and it's heading for the wall full speed ahead right now. People don't think it's too big to fail but they don't know history. If Rome can fall we can too. Bread and circuses is nothing new. The Romans didn't have cell phones.

ELVIS
11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah they did, the aliens hoooked 'em up...

Nickdfresh
11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah, like when they dump threads...

Or start threads in the wrong forum, or start bullshit ones in the right forum. You ought to thank me for dumping the Youtube of that God awful douchebag. He was yet again wrong, and makes you look like a stupid, InfoWhores™ cum-swallower.

But perhaps I should be more understanding, weak minds need a cult-leader crutch to explain everything to them...

Grow the fuck up, "Elvis." And stop with the self-delusions that somehow adhering to some cultist radio doucher somehow makes you an anti-establishment rebel. It makes you anything but--it makes you another sheep, only dumber...

kwame k
11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
You're obviously a racist, kwame...

Your post is hereby disregarded...

Jesus, let it go already, E!

BigBadBrian
11-08-2012, 04:28 PM
WTF does this have to do with anything? You've already posted this.

It's typical of the Obama electorate? :biggrin:

jhale667
11-08-2012, 04:34 PM
It's because we're ignorant racists douchebags. Me and ELBOW play slap and tickle offline, we're just pretending to have a troll war lately. :biggrin:

Fixed.

BigBadBrian
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Fixed.

You're such a child. Have your fun. :gulp:

kwame k
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
It was funny though :biggrin:

ELVIS
11-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Or start threads in the wrong forum, or start bullshit ones in the right forum. You ought to thank me for dumping the Youtube of that God awful douchebag. He was yet again wrong, and makes you look like a stupid, InfoWhores™ cum-swallower.

But perhaps I should be more understanding, weak minds need a cult-leader crutch to explain everything to them...

Grow the fuck up, "Elvis." And stop with the self-delusions that somehow adhering to some cultist radio doucher somehow makes you an anti-establishment rebel. It makes you anything but--it makes you another sheep, only dumber...

Crybaby crybaby crybaby...

WARF
11-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Re-Mod ELVIS!!!!

A Roth Army ORIGINAL!!!

WARF
11-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Listen up Soldiers...
We all know ELVIS is a CUNT.
But he is an ORIGINAL cunt and while most of you people were leaving the Roth Army to HIGHER your status at other message boards....
ELVIS gave his loyalty to the Roth Army and never posted anywhere else...
REMOD ELVIS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Someone started turning the water into wine early tonight?

fraroc
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Listen up Soldiers...
We all know ELVIS is a CUNT.
But he is an ORIGINAL cunt and while most of you people were leaving the Roth Army to HIGHER your status at other message boards....
ELVIS gave his loyalty to the Roth Army and never posted anywhere else...
REMOD ELVIS!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, in the short time I've been here I've learned to ignore his remarks.

knuckleboner
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM

also, there is no such thing as an obamaphone. it's either a reaganphone or a bushphone. but definitely, NOT an obamaphone.

chefcraig
11-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Sweet, tap-dancing baby Jesus, I LOVE those things! :rockit2:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/Krimson_Fox/DunlopCrybabyGCB-95WahPedal.jpg

Jesus Christ
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Who invented that phrase anyway? "Tap dancing Jesus"?

Have ye ever tried to tap dance in SANDALS?? :jesuslol:

chefcraig
11-08-2012, 06:58 PM

It's all covered here, in what has to be my favorite book of all time...

http://img1.imagehousing.com/51/b1bb81cb565248711b04a20e0bf337e1.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/1076470)

vandeleur
11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Never heard of the book , but just read up about it and it sounds funny .. Might check it out

Nickdfresh
11-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself...

jhale667
11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
REMOD ELVIS!!!!!!!!!!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/424716_246321782157241_1504340541_n_zps756b7448.jp g

chefcraig
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Never heard of the book , but just read up about it and it sounds funny .. Might check it out

Do so, friend. It's hilarious, and strangely moving as hell at the same time. You'll be thinking about it several days after finishing it. Seriously, I'm the last guy around these parts to advise people on their particular beliefs or religious followings, but even for a non-believer such as myself, it's freakin' amazing.

Jesus: "John's followers will be like babes in the wilderness."
Nathanial: "Thirsty?"
Peter: "Hungry?"
Thomas: "Horny?"
Biff: "No you dumb fucks! Lost! They’ll be lost! Geez…"

Jesus: "What is this thing?"
Gasper: "It's a Yeti. An abominable snowman"
Biff: "This is that what happens when you fuck a sheep?"
Jesus: "Not an abomination, abominable."

vandeleur
11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Will do and thanks for the tip .

Angel
11-08-2012, 11:35 PM
it's all covered here, in what has to be my favorite book of all time...

http://img1.imagehousing.com/51/b1bb81cb565248711b04a20e0bf337e1.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/1076470)

best book ever!!!!

Zing!
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM

You're on fire tonight, JC!

Satan
11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
So he's resigned..... Hillary has said repeatedly that she would only do one term as Secretary of State.....

Poor Joe McCarthief might be left without a witch hunt, because there won't be anybody left to take the fall.

kwame k
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
So he's resigned..... Hillary has said repeatedly that she would only do one term as Secretary of State.....

Poor Joe McCarthief might be left without a witch hunt, because there won't be anybody left to take the fall.

Hillary did a better than expected job as Sec State, as much as I hated her, I begrudgingly came to have some respect for her. I put it at 50/50 she'll leave.

Obama needs a shake up in his Administration.............his cabinet choices were beyond horrible and now's the time for a do over!

jhale667
11-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah, a WAY more aggressive do-over this time. With Tan-Man and Tippy Turtle A ) dissing his phone call after the election (dude is classy enough to call the two assholes who tried and FAILED at tanking his first term to offer an olive branch, and neither took the call!!! :mad: ) and B ) Pretty much trying to deny they got spanked BIG TIME - fact, Repukes held the House ONLY because of their bullshit gerrymandering of districts in states they controlled - Dems got more overall votes - and declaring tax increases for the rich are STILL off the table, he needs to get a few attack dogs in his cabinet. Just because.

The Republican agenda was REJECTED by America Tuesday night. They need to start acting like they know it.

kwame k
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Too bad he'll never get rid of Bernanke and if tradition holds, that asshole will be there for years to come :(

jhale667
11-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Too bad he'll never get rid of Bernanke and if tradition holds, that asshole will be there for years to come :(

Yeah, but I'd like to see Paul Krugman get the nod if Tim Geitner (sic?) bails.

FORD
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Obama definitely needs to resist any impulse to name John Kerry as Secretary of State, when Hilary resigns.

Not saying Judas couldn't do the job, he probably could. What I am saying is that a "special election" to fill his Senate seat is likely to see another useless DLC seatwarmer like that idiot Martha Coakley that they ran last time, and that the Repukes will either run Cosmo Brown again, or ----Elohim forbid------ Willard Mittens Romney :headlights:

Moving Janet Napolitano out of Arizona to head an agency that nobody fucking needs should have been lesson enough to take sitting elected officials for cabinet positions. Can't believe nobody thought of what a vile racist cunt would take her place (and is sadly still there)

Nitro Express
11-09-2012, 09:34 PM
John Huntsman Jr. would be a good secretary of state.

Nickdfresh
11-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Pentagon releases Benghazi timeline, defends response
By David Alexander | Reuters (http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-releases-benghazi-timeline-defends-response-033527561.html) – 2 hrs 56 mins ago
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0AnKvKapjZWvxmCvKxlnUA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9Mjk2O2NyPTE7Y3c9NDUwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0yOTY7cT04NTt3PTQ1MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-11-10T071048Z_2_CBRE8A909ZD00_RTROPTP_2_CNEWS-US-USA-LIBYA-PENTAGON.JPG
Reuters/Reuters - The U.S. Consulate in Benghazi is seen in flames during a protest by an armed group said to have been protesting a film being produced in the United States September 11, 2012. REUTERS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Pentagon leaders knew of the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi an hour after it began, but were unable to mobilize reinforcements based in Europe in time to prevent the death of the U.S. ambassador, according to a timeline released on Friday.

Senior defense officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, rejected criticism accusing the Pentagon of failing to move quickly to send reinforcements to relieve the consulate or using armed aerial drones to fire on the attackers.

"The Department of Defense acted quickly after learning of the incidents unfolding in Benghazi," said one official, adding that Marines, special forces and other military assets had either been employed or put in motion during the attack.

"Unfortunately, no alternative or additional aircraft options were available within a timeline to be effective," the official added.

The Obama administration's response to the attack became a highly charged political issue in the last weeks of the presidential campaign. The CIA, which had a base near the consulate, and the State Department have released timelines on the incident.

According to the Pentagon's timeline, the military's Africa Command, based in Europe, ordered an unmanned, unarmed surveillance drone diverted to the city in eastern Libya just 17 minutes after the attack on the consulate began about 9:42 p.m. local time (3:42 p.m. EDT), the first military action in response to the incident. It took the drone more than an hour to arrive at the scene.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's office was notified of the attack 50 minutes after it began, and Panetta learned of it shortly thereafter as he and the military's top general headed to a previously scheduled meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House.

Obama, Panetta and Army General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, discussed potential responses to the unfolding events in Benghazi during their meeting, which began 78 minutes after the start of the Libya attack, according to the timeline.

PENTAGON MEETINGS

Panetta and Dempsey then returned to the Pentagon and began a two-hour series of meetings with General Carter Ham, head of Africa Command, and other senior military leaders from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT (12 a.m. to 2 a.m. Libya time) to organize responses to the attack.

But as they arrived at the Pentagon, the surviving personnel from the consulate in Benghazi were being evacuated by a CIA team that arrived from a nearby base, about two hours after the start of the attack. Ambassador Christopher Stevens was missing.

Stevens' body was found at a local hospital. He apparently died of asphyxiation in the smoke-filled diplomatic compound after it was set ablaze by the attackers. Stevens and three other U.S. personnel died in the attack on the consulate and a nearby CIA annex.

"When initial reports came in, we knew the ambassador could not be reached," a senior defense official told reporters. "We were looking at the possibility of a potential hostage-rescue scenario, for instance. So we didn't know if this was going to be an hours-long event or a days-long even or longer."

During the meetings, the group formulated a response to the attack and gave verbal orders to prepare to deploy two teams of Marine anti-terrorism troops, used for providing security, and two special forces units, one based in Europe and the other in the United States.

One Marine Corps Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team, or FAST team, was designated for the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli and the other for the consulate in Benghazi. The special forces units were ordered to prepare to go to a staging base in Europe.

As the Pentagon meetings got under way, a six-man security team from the embassy in Tripoli, which included two Defense Department personnel, left for Benghazi, landing at the airport at 1:30 a.m Libya time (7:30 p.m. EDT).

A CIA timeline released last week said that team was held up at the airport trying to organize transportation and locate the missing U.S. ambassador.

The team from Tripoli got to the CIA base in Benghazi, at about 5:15 a.m. Libya time (11:15 p.m. EDT), arriving at the start of a mortar attack by militants that killed two U.S. security officers.

An hour after that, a Libyan military unit arrived at the CIA base and helped evacuate all U.S. personnel and the bodies of Stevens and the other slain Americans.

(Reporting By David Alexander; Editing by Peter Cooney)

BigBadBrian
11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah, but I'd like to see Paul Krugman get the nod if Tim Geitner (sic?) bails.

Krugman is an idiot, but then i suppose you know that if you know anything about economics. I don't give a damn what his credentials are. FORD (actually his psychotic alter-ego, Satan, I think) posted his latest column in another thread (Let's Not Make a Deal (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?66770-During-Obama-s-Second-Term-Will-He...&p=1707662&viewfull=1#post1707662)). Read that silliness.

BigBadBrian
11-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Pentagon releases Benghazi timeline, defends response

Watch:(It's not a political indictment, it's a chronological video(s) of what happened)

Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com

Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com

BigBadBrian
11-11-2012, 08:49 AM
A series of 5 articles from different sources that contrast the official statement from the CIA, the DoD, and "security officials" on the ground in Libya:

INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS PROVIDE NEW DETAILED TIMELINE FOR LIBYA ATTACK

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/intelligence-officials-provide-new-detailed-timeline-for-libya-attack/

WASHINGTON (TheBlaze/AP) — CIA security officers went to the aid of State Department staff less than 25 minutes after they got the first call for help during the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, U.S. intelligence officials said Thursday as they laid out a detailed timeline of the CIA’s immediate response to the attack from its annex less than a mile from the diplomatic mission.
The attack on the 11th anniversary of 9/11 by what is now suspected to be a group of al-Qaida-linked militants killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
The timeline was offered just days before the presidential election in a clear effort to refute recent news reports that said the CIA told its personnel to “stand down” rather than go to the consulate to help repel the attackers.
The officials told reporters that when the CIA annex received a call saying the consulate was under attack, about half a dozen members of a CIA security team tried to get heavy weapons and other assistance from the Libyans. But when none was available, they went ahead with the rescue attempt. The officials said that at no point was the team told to wait.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to provide intelligence information publicly.
The Obama administration’s response to the attack on the consulate has been challenged by Republicans in Congress and elsewhere, questioning whether enough military and other support was requested and received. And it has become an issue in the election, with President Barack Obama’s Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, and GOP lawmakers accusing the White House of misleading Americans about the nature of the attack.
Initial descriptions of the attack suggested that it may have been linked to a protest over an American-made anti-Muslim film.
On Thursday, intelligence officials said they had early information that the attackers had ties to al-Qaida-linked groups, but did not make it public immediately because it was based on classified intelligence. And they said the early public comments about the attack and its genesis were cautious and limited, as they routinely are in such incidents.
They added that while intelligence officials indicated early on that extremists were involved in the assault, only later were officials able to confirm that the attack was not generated by a protest over the film.
Here is the timeline given by CIA officials, which provides a minute-by-minute look at how the security teams’ response played out (All times are local for Benghazi):
- 9:40 p.m. The CIA annex receives its first call that the consulate has come under attack.
-
- Less than 25 minutes later, the security team leaves the annex en route to the consulate.
-
- Over the next 25 minutes, team members approach the compound and attempt to get heavy weapons. When they cannot secure heavy weapons, they make their way onto the compound itself in the face of enemy fire.
-
- 11:11 p.m. A Defense Department surveillance drone – an unarmed Predator – that had been requested arrives over the consulate compound.
-
- 11:30 p.m. All U.S. personnel have departed the consulate except for Stevens, who is missing. The vehicles come under fire as they leave the facility.
-

- Over the next 90 minutes, the CIA annex comes under sporadic fire from small arms and rocket-propelled grenades. The security team returns fire, dispersing the attackers.

- Around 1 a.m., a team of additional security personnel from Tripoli lands at the Benghazi airport and attempts to find a ride into town. Upon learning that Stevens is missing and that the situation at the CIA annex has calmed, the team focuses on locating Stevens and obtaining information about the security situation at the hospital.
-
- Before dawn, the team at the airport finally manages to secure transportation and armed escort. Having learned that Stevens is almost certainly dead and that the security situation at the hospital is uncertain, the team heads to the CIA annex to assist with the evacuation.

- 5:15 a.m. The team arrives at the CIA annex, with Libyan support, just before mortar rounds begin to hit the facility. Two security officers are killed when they take direct mortar fire while engaging the attackers. The attack lasts only 11 minutes before dissipating.
-
- Less than an hour later, a heavily armed Libyan military unit arrives at the CIA annex to help evacuate all U.S. personnel and takes them to the airport.

In Benghazi timeline, CIA errors but no evidence of conspiracy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/david-ignatius-cias-benghazi-timeline-reveals-errors-but-no-evidence-of-conspiracy/2012/11/01/a84c4024-2471-11e2-9313-3c7f59038d93_story.html

A detailed CIA timeline of the assault on U.S. facilities in Benghazi paints an anguishing picture of embattled Americans waiting for Libyan security forces who didn’t come and courageous CIA officers who died on a rooftop without the heavy weapons they needed, trying to protect their colleagues below.
It’s a story of individual bravery, but also of a CIA misjudgment in relying on Libyan militias and a newly formed Libyan intelligence organization to keep Americans safe in Benghazi.
While there were multiple errors that led to the final tragedy, there’s no evidence that the White House or CIA leadership deliberately delayed or impeded rescue efforts.
The CIA is now reviewing its security plans around the world to make sure the agency isn’t relying on shaky local forces. This is a difficult task because the United States has vulnerable arrangements in dozens of places.
The CIA timeline was described to me Thursday by a senior intelligence official. The narrative of events is dramatic and disturbing. Rather than try to parse each detail, let’s look at a summary of the highlights. The times listed are Benghazi time on the night of Sept. 11 and the morning of Sept. 12:
●9:40 p.m.: A senior State Department security officer at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi called the CIA base, at an annex about a mile away, and requested assistance: “The compound is under attack. People are moving through the gates.” CIA officers at the base can hear the alarm, and a team immediately begins gathering weapons and preparing to leave.
●10:04 p.m.: A six-person rescue squad from the agency’s Global Response Staff (GRS) leaves in two vehicles. The team leader is a career CIA officer; the team includes a contractor named Tyrone Woods, who later died. During the previous 24-minute interval, the CIA base chief calls the February 17 Brigade, other militias and the Libyan intelligence service seeking vehicles with .50-caliber machine guns. Nobody responds. The team leader and the base chief agree at 10:04 that they can’t wait any longer, and the squad heads for the consulate.
The senior intelligence official said that he doesn’t know whether Woods or any of the other team members agitated to go sooner but added that he wouldn’t be surprised. “I want them to have a sense of urgency,” he said.
●10:10 p.m.: The rescue team reached a chaotic intersection a few blocks from the consulate. Militias gathered there have several .50-caliber machine guns, which the CIA team tries unsuccessfully to commandeer; three militiamen offer to help. The rescue party now includes 10 people: six GRS officers, a CIA translator and the three Libyan volunteers.
●10:20 p.m.: A reconnaissance party of two GRS officers heads to the consulate; at 10:25, three more GRS officers enter the main gate and begin engaging the attackers. The firefight lasts about 15 minutes.
●10:40 p.m.: Members of the CIA team enter the burning inferno of “Villa C,” where Ambassador Christopher Stevens is believed to be hiding. CIA officers try numerous times to reach the “safe room” but are driven back by the intense smoke and fire. Small-arms fire continues from the Libyan attackers.

●11:11 p.m.: An unarmed military Predator drone arrives over the compound to provide aerial reconnaissance. The drone had been diverted from a mission over Darnah, about 90 minutes away. But without weapons, it can’t help much.
●11:15 p.m.: The CIA team puts a group of State Department officers into a vehicle and sends it to the agency base; at 11:30, the CIA officers depart under fire and reach the annex six
●11:56 p.m.: CIA officers at the annex are attacked by a rocket-propelled grenade and small arms. Sporadic attacks continue for about another hour. The attacks stop at 1:01 a.m., and some assume the fight is over.
●1:15 a.m.: CIA reinforcements arrive on a 45-minute flight from Tripoli in a plane they’ve hastily chartered. The Tripoli team includes four GRS security officers, a CIA case officer and two U.S. military personnel on loan to the agency. They don’t leave the Benghazi airport until 4:30 a.m. The delay is caused by negotiations with Libyan authorities over permission to leave the airport; obtaining vehicles; and the need to frame a clear mission plan. The first idea is to go to a Benghazi hospital to recover Stevens, who they rightly suspect is already dead. (Also killed was a State Department communication specialist.) But the hospital is surrounded by the al-Qaeda-linked Ansar al-Sharia militia that mounted the consulate attack.
●5:04 a.m.: The team from Tripoli arrives at the CIA base. Glen Doherty, one of the GRS men from Tripoli, goes to the roof and joins Woods in firing positions.
●5:15 a.m.: A new Libyan assault begins, this time with mortars. Two rounds miss and the next three hit the roof. The rooftop defenders never “laser the mortars,” as has been reported. They don’t know the weapons are in place until the indirect fire begins, nor are the mortars observed by the drone overhead. The defenders have focused their laser sights earlier on several Libyan attackers, as warnings not to fire. At 5:26 the attack is over. Woods and Doherty are dead and two others are wounded.
●6 a.m.: Libyan forces from the military intelligence service finally arrive, now with 50 vehicles. They escort the Americans to the airport. A first group of 18, including two wounded, depart at 7 a.m. A second group of 12, plus the four dead, leave at 10 a.m. for Tripoli and then the long flight back to America.
davidignatius@washpost.com

CONFUSED BY THE MYRIAD INFORMATION ON THE BENGHAZI SCANDAL? THIS WEEK’S RECAP MAY HELP CLARIFY

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/confused-by-the-myriad-information-on-the-benghazi-scandal-this-weeks-recap-may-help-clarify/

Given the myriad updates and revelations surrounding the Benghazi terror attack that left Ambassador Christopher Stevens, his aid Sean Smith and former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty dead, TheBlaze thought it might make sense to recap the week’s key headlines in one cohesive post. Below is a review of the latest revelations in what has become a full-blown scandal the mainstream media has been reluctant to cover.
First, it should be noted that the most recent update in the Libya debacle comes to us in a report published Friday late afternoon by the Washington Free Beacon. According to the director of operations for the Pentagon’s Joint Staff, classified United States military units have been on the ground and operating in the Benghazi region since the September 11 terror attack on the U.S. diplomatic outpost. The Beacon reports:
The disclosure that secret U.S. military forces were dispatched to Libya recently was revealed in a letter sent Wednesday to the House Armed Services Committee by Vice Adm. Kurt Tidd, director of operations for the Pentagon’s Joint Staff.
Tidd said that after the attack in Benghazi, the U.S. European Command sent a Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) platoon to reinforce security at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli.
“Additional classified capabilities were deployed to the region,” Tidd said. He was responding to a letter from Rep. Howard P. “Buck” McKeon, head of the House Armed Services Committee, which questioned the administration over the numerous discrepancies regarding their accounts of what happened, and what actually happened.
The following is a review of just a few (repeat: just a few) of the myriad articles published by TheBlaze chronicling the Benghazi scandal this week alone. The dates preceding each of the following headlines represent the dates of publication on TheBlaze:
10/26: CIA operatives were told to “stand down” in Benghazi after three requests for back-up denied:
Explosive new allegations surrounding the Benghazi attack emerged this morning, with FOX News’ Jennifer Griffin reporting that sources have confirmed that three urgent requests for military assistance sent from the CIA annex were all denied; CIA operators were apparently told to “stand down” rather than respond when shots were heard around 9:40 p.m. on September 11. Following the alleged developments, Charles Woods, father of ex-Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods who was killed in the attack, passionately responded to this new information on Glenn Beck’s radio program.

10/26 Senators demand that Obama declassify the video of the attack:
Republican senators are demanding that the Obama administration make public the surveillance video taken during last month’s deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, which killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. …Sens. John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte wrote to President Barack Obama’s defense secretary, CIA director and attorney general demanding that the video be declassified.

10/26: Panetta said military did not intervene in Libya because he did not have any “real-time” information:
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Thursday the U.S. military did not intervene when the U.S. Consulate in Libya was under assault last month because military leaders did not have enough information about what was happening on the ground.

Panetta told reporters at the Pentagon there was no “real-time information” on which to act, even though the military was prepared to do so, CNN reported. U.S. forces had been on heightened alert because of the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks, but Panetta said the Benghazi assault was over before military leaders had a good handle on what was going on, according to the Associated Press.

10/29: Sen. John McCain called the administration’s handling of Benghazi either a “massive cover-up” or “massive incompetence”:
While making the rounds on Sunday media programs, Sen. John McCain blasted President Obama over his role in the Libya “debacle,” calling the Commander in Chief’s handling of the brutal terror attack either a “massive cover-up or massive incompetence” — the worst he has ever seen. The former prisoner of war and Vietnam veteran also pointed out a glaring fact: that while some may compare the events in Libya to Watergate, “nobody died in Watergate.”
“This tragedy turned into a debacle and massive cover-up or massive incompetence in Libya is having an impact on the voters because of their view of the commander in chief,” the former Mitt Romney-rival said on CBS “Face the Nation.”
“It is now the worst cover-up or incompetence I have ever observed in my life.”

10/29: Capitol Hill briefings made 48 hours after the Benghazi breach blamed al Qaeda for the attack:
A new report by Fox News’ Catherine Herridge reveals that a mere two days after the deadly siege on our diplomatic outpost in Libya on the eleventh anniversary of 9/11, officials from the FBI and National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) each gave briefings on Capitol Hill in which they confirmed that the evidence supported al Qaeda and al Qaeda-affiliates were the ones responsible for the attack.

10/30: A Facebook page by the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) critical of Obama’s handling of Benghazi was censored and removed by Facebook:
Facebook reportedly took down an image, or a meme, posted by the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) that was critical of President Barack Obama’s handling of the terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi. You may have actually seen it before it was taken down — it had earned roughly 24,000 “likes.”
The meme, which can be seen below, shows both Obama and deceased al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden with the following message: “Obama called the SEALs and THEY got bin Laden. When the SEALs called Obama, THEY GOT DENIED.”

10/31: Arrested Benghazi suspect returned to Tunisia where U.S .officials can’t interrogate him:
The Tunisian man arrested over the deadly terror attack in Benghazi that left Ambassador Christopher Stevens, his aid Sean Smith, and two Navy SEALs dead has now been identified through facial recognition software as having been present at the U.S. diplomatic outpost during the siege, senior U.S. intelligence officials told Fox News Tuesday. The only problem is that Ali Ani al Harzi, who was detained at a Turkish airport in the days following the attack for travelling with false documents, has now been transferred to Tunisia, where U.S. interrogators are unable to reach him.

10/31: White House denied that it nixed intervention in Benghazi when help was repeatedly requested:
On Tuesday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s issued some damning remarks in which he claimed that two news outlets might have emails proving the Obama White House was in fact the one that gave the “stand down” orders and chose not intervene when asked for help during the Benghazi siege. Now, the White House is firing back.
“Neither the President nor anyone in the White House denied any requests for assistance in Benghazi during the attack,” National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor told The Hill in an email.

10/31 Glenn Beck revealed that two major media outlets have been sitting on information regarding Benghazi and that if they don’t release the information and share the truth with the public, he will expose them:
During his Wednesday evening broadcast, Glenn Beck revealed that he and his network, TheBlaze, are absolutely certain based on “very well-sourced information” that two media outlets — one a network — do indeed have emails proving the Obama White House gave orders to “stand down” during the terror attack in Benghazi.
Beck said it is incumbent upon those media outlets to release the information and provide Americans with the truth, rather than shield the president. If they refrain from doing so, Beck said he will “expose them.”

10/31: A classified cable was reportedly sent from the U.S. outpost in Benghazi to the administration informing that compound was unprepared for a potential attack:
Less than a month before heavily armed terrorists overwhelmed the U.S. Mission in Benghazi and killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, the compound held an “emergency meeting” because al-Qaeda had training camps set up in Benghazi and the consulate could not withstand a “coordinated attack,” Fox News reports, citing a classified cable.
The Aug. 16 cable marked “SECRET” indicated that the State Department’s senior security officer, or the RSO, did not think the U.S. compound could withstand a sophisticated attack — like the one that occurred on 9/11.
“RSO (Regional Security Officer) expressed concerns with the ability to defend Post in the event of a coordinated attack due to limited manpower, security measures, weapons capabilities, host nation support, and the overall size of the compound,” the cable says.

11/1 Senior U.S. officials say State Department never requested additional security in Benghazi:
As the U.S. Mission in Benghazi and a close-by CIA annex were overrun by heavily armed terrorists on Sept. 11, the Americans inside severely outnumbered, the State Department neglected to request any type of military backup, two senior U.S. officials “familiar with the details of military planning” told The Daily Beast.

11/1: U.S/ staff reported that Libyan police were photographing the inside of the American compound in Benghazi the morning before the attack:
Adding to the security concerns that were building up to the bloody attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, an Arabic television station revealed new information on the lax security there, including a major breach took place at the consulate early in the morning of the fateful day.
Alaan TV based in the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday reported that in letters it obtained that were found inside the consulate – written by American staffers serving there and addressed to the Libyan Foreign Ministry and Benghazi police chief – security breaches were reported.

11/1: Obama had the hubris to declare “al Qaeda is decimated” during a campaign stop in Wisconsin following the Benghazi terror attack waged by al Qaeda and pro-al Qaeda militants. Conservatives were up in arms:
Even as new information continues to surface revealing that the Obama White House may be embroiled in a cover-up scandal regarding the terror attack in Benghazi that left four Americans dead, the president took to the campaign trail in Wisconsin Thursday morning and actually declared that “al Qaeda has been decimated.” Recall that the carnage in Libya was, according to experts, waged by al Qaeda or pro-al Qaeda affiliates like the militant group Ansar al Sharia, which even claimed credit for the attack.
“The war in Afghanistan is winding down,” the president said. “al Qaeda has been decimated. Osama bin Laden is dead. So we made real progress these last four years, but Wisconsin, we know our work’s not done yet.”

11/1: CBS finally reports on the Benghazi scandal with a report revealing that a counterterrorism task force was not convened during the attack:
The Obama administration neglected to convene its “top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG)” during the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, sources tell CBS News.
Citing “top counterterrorism sources,” CBS reports there was internal frustration over the U.S. response to the coordinated attack in Libya on 9/11. The fiery assault that resulted in the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans lasted about seven hours.

11/1 Ambassador Stevens called on phone for help during Benghazi siege:
Appearing on Fox News with Greta Van Susteren on Thursday, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) revealed two more interesting pieces of the Benghazi puzzle. First, that U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens rang Deputy Chief of Mission Gregory Hicks on Sept. 11 to tell him the consulate was under attack.
“He said that shortly after 9:40 p.m. what happened is his phone rang and he didn’t recognize the number so he didn’t answer it. And then it rang again and again he didn’t answer it because he didn’t recognize the number. But then given the persistence, he did answer it. It was Ambassador Stevens and Ambassador Stevens

11/2: Geraldo rails at co-host over Benghazi report, again:
In short, Geraldo continued to trumpet his argument from last week that the U.S. military could not have done anything to save those attacked in Libya.
After fill-in host Eric Bolling suggested how disgraceful it was that the government did “nothing” to help the eventual victims, Geraldo wasn’t having any of it.
It’s an “obscene lie,” he said emphatically.
“You are a politician looking to make a political point!” he added after Bolling challenged him, later repeating the point: “You are misleading the American people because you want to make a political point.”

11/2: CIA release a new, detailed timeline of the attack in Benghazi:
- 9:40 p.m. The CIA annex receives its first call that the consulate has come under attack.
- Less than 25 minutes later, the security team leaves the annex en route to the consulate.
- Over the next 25 minutes, team members approach the compound and attempt to get heavy weapons. When they cannot secure heavy weapons, they make their way onto the compound itself in the face of enemy fire.
- 11:11 p.m. A Defense Department surveillance drone – an unarmed Predator – that had been requested arrives over the consulate compound.
- 11:30 p.m. All U.S. personnel have departed the consulate except for Stevens, who is missing. The vehicles come under fire as they leave the facility.
- Over the next 90 minutes, the CIA annex comes under sporadic fire from small arms and rocket-propelled grenades. The security team returns fire, dispersing the attackers.
- Around 1 a.m., a team of additional security personnel from Tripoli lands at the Benghazi airport and attempts to find a ride into town. Upon learning that Stevens is missing and that the situation at the CIA annex has calmed, the team focuses on locating Stevens and obtaining information about the security situation at the hospital.
- Before dawn, the team at the airport finally manages to secure transportation and armed escort. Having learned that Stevens is almost certainly dead and that the security situation at the hospital is uncertain, the team heads to the CIA annex to assist with the evacuation.
- 5:15 a.m. The team arrives at the CIA annex, with Libyan support, just before mortar rounds begin to hit the facility. Two security officers are killed when they take direct mortar fire while engaging the attackers. The attack lasts only 11 minutes before dissipating.
- Less than an hour later, a heavily armed Libyan military unit arrives at the CIA annex to help evacuate all U.S. personnel and takes them to the airport.

And of course a review of the moment-by-moment coverage provided to our readers would not be complete without acknowledging the utter lack of Benghazi coverage on all other mainstream media sites except for Fox News and TheBlaze:
Last week, prior to Hurricane Sandy, the father of slain Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods made an emotional and public plea as he questioned why no one — particularly the administration — came to the aid of his son and other Americans at the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi when they repeatedly requested help after coming under siege by pro-al Qaeda militants. Of course, that is just one component of what has become a tangled web of discrepancies, contradictions, and what many believe to be bald-faced lies perpetuated by the Obama administration in an attempt to cover-up what really happened during the terror attack that took four American lives.
To assess just how important this now full-blown scandal is to the mainstream media, TheBlaze reviewed the front pages of the most prominent networks and newspapers last Friday, and lo, the only two outlets to cover the Libya story was Fox News and TheBlaze.

Exclusive: Security officials on the ground in Libya challenge CIA account

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/03/exclusive-security-officials-on-ground-in-libya-challenge-cia-account/

Despite a carefully narrated version of events rolled out late this week by the CIA claiming agents jumped into action as soon as they were notified of calls for help in Benghazi, security officials on the ground say calls for help went out considerably earlier -- and signs of an attack were mounting even before that.
The accounts, from foreign and American security officials in and around Benghazi at the time of the attack, indicate there was in fact a significant lag between when the threat started to show itself and help started to arrive.
According to the CIA, the first calls for assistance came at 9:40 p.m. local time from a senior State Department official at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, to the CIA annex about a mile away.

But according to multiple people on the ground that night, the Blue Mountain Security manager, who was in charge of the local force hired to guard the consulate perimeter, made calls on both two-way radios and cell phones to colleagues in Benghazi warning of problems at least an hour earlier. Those calls allegedly went to local security contractors who say that the CIA annex was also notified much earlier than 9:40 p.m. U.S. military intelligence also told Fox News that armed militia was gathering up to three hours before the attack began.
One source said the Blue Mountain Security chief seemed "distraught" and said "the situation here is very serious, we have a problem." He also said that even without these phone and radio calls, it was clear to everyone in the security community on the ground in Benghazi much earlier than 9:40 p.m. that fighters were gathering in preparation for an attack.

Many of these security contractors and intelligence sources on the ground in Benghazi met twice a week for informal meetings at the consulate with Blue Mountain and consulate staff, and at times other international officials. They were all very familiar with security at the consulate -- and said the staff seemed "complacent" and "didn't seem to follow the normal American way of securing a facility."
Both American and British sources say multiple roadblocks set up by fighters believed to be with Ansar al-Sharia were in place in Benghazi several hours before the 9:40 p.m. timeline and that communications also alluded to "heavily armed troops showing up with artillery." Fox News was told by both American and British contacts who were in Benghazi that night that the CIA timeline rolled out this past week is only "loosely based on the truth" and "doesn't quite add up."
Fox News was also told that the local guard force meant to protect the consulate perimeter "panicked" and didn't know what to do as the attackers took up positions. Sources say other guards simply "walked away".

One former Special Op now employed by a private company in Benghazi said that even the safe room wasn't properly set up. He said "the safe room is one of the first measures you take" and that he is "not sure how you can set a safe room without fire suppression and ventilation in case of fire." He also said, "Ambassador Stevens would likely be alive today if this simple and normal procedure was put into place."

As details emerge of serious security issues before the attack on Sept. 11, Fox News is also beginning to hear more frustration from sources both on the ground in Benghazi and in the U.S. Multiple British and American sources insist there were other capabilities in the region and are mystified why none were used. Fox News was told there were not only armed drones that monitor Libyan chemical weapon sites in the area, but also F-18's, AC-130 aircraft and even helicopters that could have been dispatched in a timely fashion.

However, George Little, a spokesman from the Pentagon, denied their presence in the area.
"On the night of the attack on American personnel and facilities in Benghazi, there were no armed unmanned aerial vehicles over Libya, and there were no AC-130s anywhere close," he said.
British intelligence sources said that unarmed drones routinely flew over Benghazi every night in flight patterns and that armed drones which fly over chemical sites, some a short flight from Benghazi, "were always said to be on call." American sources confirmed this and questioned "why was a drone armed only with a camera dispatched?"

Another source added, "Why would they put a ragtag team together in Tripoli as first responders? This is not even what they do for a living. We had a first responder air base in Italy almost the same distance away." Despite the team arriving from Tripoli that night, sources said sufficient American back-up never came.

British sources on the ground in Benghazi said they are extremely frustrated by the attack and are still wondering why they weren't called for help. “We have more people on the ground here than the Americans and I just don't know why we didn't get the call?" one said.
Both American and British sources said, at the very least, the security situation on the ground and the lack of proper response were the result of "complete incompetence." The covert team that came in from Tripoli was held up at the Benghazi airport for more than three hours by Libyan officials. Sources said the team notified officials in Washington that they were being delayed within 30 minutes of their arrival.

They also point out that these questions "don't even address the military capabilities of our United Nations ally Turkey, who (has) forces available a similarly short flight away." Fox News has learned that Turkey had a number of embassy staff in town the night of the attack and that the Turkish consul general met with Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi the night he and the three other Americans were killed.

One source asked, "Were the Turks not warned? What forces were available from our ally Turkey? Especially since they had officials there in Benghazi also and had to be concerned … and where was the U.N. in all of this?"

Military timeline from night of Benghazi attack begs more questions

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/11/military-timeline-from-night-benghazi-attack-begs-more-questions/?intcmp=trending

After more than nine weeks of trying to reconcile their story line with that of the State Department and the CIA, the Pentagon finally released its timeline of the Libya terror attack during a Friday afternoon, off-camera briefing with an official who could only be quoted anonymously.

The news was overtaken almost immediately by the announcement that Gen. David Petraeus had resigned, purportedly due to an extramarital affair. He was slated to testify in closed-door hearings on Capitol Hill this coming week before the Senate and House intelligence committees. Petraeus no longer plans to testify.

However, while the Petraeus resignation has since dominated attention in Washington, an examination of the military’s version of events reveals a number of discrepancies and gaps worth closer scrutiny.

THE FIRST DISCREPANCY

The Defense Department timeline on the night of Sept. 11 begins at 9:42 p.m. local time and states, “The incident starts at the facility in Benghazi.”

Right from the start, the Pentagon and the CIA timelines do not match. (The CIA timeline, which was released on Nov. 1, states that at 9:40 p.m., “A senior State Department security officer at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi called the CIA annex and requested assistance.”)

A source at the CIA annex that night told Fox News that when they first asked to go and help, they were told to wait.

Within 17 minutes of the start of the attack, AFRICOM commander Gen. Carter Ham, who happens to be visiting Washington and was in the Pentagon that day, redirects an unarmed, unmanned drone to Benghazi.

PANETTA AND DEMPSEY ARE ALERTED 50 MINUTES AFTER ATTACK

At 10:32 p.m. (4:32 p.m. in Washington), 50 minutes after the incident began, the National Military Command Center, which is the operations center at the Pentagon where Ham is overseeing the operation, notifies Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey.
That means for nearly an hour, no one told the defense secretary and Joint Chiefs chairman that a U.S. ambassador is in peril and his personal security officer has pressed his “personal distress button” which sends an SMS signal back to the command authority in the U.S. and a U.S. embassy has been overrun by attackers.

A CIA team left for the consulate at 10:04 p.m. -- 28 minutes before the Pentagon says Panetta and Dempsey were told the attack had occurred.

Sources at the CIA annex in Benghazi told Fox News in an interview on Oct. 25 that they asked permission to leave for the consulate immediately and twice were told to wait. The CIA says the base chief was trying to arrange Libyan help.

PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED MEETING WITH PRESIDENT: 78 MINUTES AFTER ATTACK

At 5 p.m. in Washington, D.C. (11 p.m. in Libya), nearly an hour and a half after the attack began, according to the Pentagon’s timeline, “Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey attend a previously scheduled meeting with the President at the White House.”

The attack has already been under way for 78 minutes, but no rescue forces from outside Libya have yet been mobilized.

By 5:30 p.m. (11:30 p.m. in Libya), all surviving American personnel are rescued by the CIA annex team and leave the consulate for the CIA annex. From 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Pentagon, Panetta, Dempsey and Ham meet to discuss additional response options.

MORE CALLS FOR HELP

Upon returning to the annex, the CIA team and those that were rescued immediately begin taking fire and at midnight, according to sources on the ground that night, begin making radio calls for help and air support. Almost immediately, they begin taking fire from small arms and rocket-propelled grenades.

According to a senior U.S. defense official, “This was not one long continuous fight, but two separate incidents at two separate facilities with some separation of time.”

However, British sources who were near the consulate and annex that night tell a different story, saying there was almost continuous fire on the annex after the team fled from the consulate.

Sometime over the next two hours, according to the official Pentagon timeline, Panetta gives the “go code” for two Marine FAST (Fleet Anti-terrorism Security) teams to prepare to leave Rota, Spain. A Special Operations force which is training in Central Europe is told to “prepare to deploy to an intermediate staging base in southern Europe (Sigonella, Sicily), and a Special Operations team in the U.S. is told to prepare to deploy to Sigonella as well.

It isn’t until 2:53 a.m. (about five hours after the incident began) that those orders are formalized by Panetta and the teams are told they can leave.

TEAM LANDS AT SIGONELLA 20 HOURS LATER The Pentagon says that the European-based team of rescuers landed at Sigonella air base at 7:57 p.m. on Sept. 12, more than 20 hours after the attack began and 40 minutes after the last survivor was flown out of Tripoli on a U.S. C-17 transport plane.

Fox News has learned more details about the European rescue team. More than 30 Special Operations Forces, part of a Commander’s In Extremis Force, or CIF, which is normally on a short tether, are deployed in the event of a terror attack. They are a counterterror SWAT team.

The group ordered toward Libya was from the Charlie 110 Company, based in Stuttgart, Germany, but had been training in Croatia on an exercise known as “Jackal Stone.” The training involved counterterrorism exercises.

NO PERMISSION TO LAND

Military sources familiar with the orders given to the CIF team tell Fox News the CIF plane headed to Libya -- not to first stage at Sigonella as the Pentagon timeline suggests. The Pentagon denies this, saying simply that they were ordered to an intermediate staging base.

What cannot be confirmed is what time that team could have been outside Libyan air space. The Pentagon won’t say when they took off from Croatia.
Multiple defense sources say that the plane did not have permission to enter Libya. That permission would have to be secured from the Libyans by the State Department.

“FEET DRY OVER LIBYA”

Survivors of the attack at the annex say that they heard over the radio net that night that U.S. military assets were, “feet dry over Libya," which would refer to assets crossing from sea to land and hovering. The Pentagon denies this.

The original story board that shows the CIF movement that night is difficult to find, according to those who saw the original timeline. The official brief, according to those familiar with it, simply says that the plane landed at Sigonella at 7:57 p.m. on Sept. 12 -- 20 hours after the start of the attack, even though they were just a few hours away in Croatia.

This raises the question: what time did they get their orders and how long did it take the CIF to scramble?

The team was most likely flying on a modified MC-130 P Talon 2. A modified C-130 flying from Croatia about 900 miles from the Libyan coast could have been there under three hours from take-off. Croatia to Libya is the same distance approximately as Washington, D.C., to Miami.
Furthermore, the modified C-130 plane used by Special Operations teams can be refueled in flight, allowing them to extend their range and hover time, if an air refueling plane is available. It can fly for nine hours without being refueled.

“It’s not like you dial up the U.S. military and service members go down a fire pole, hop on a fire engine and go. That’s not how our forces work, especially from a cold start,” according to the senior U.S. defense official who briefed the Pentagon timeline. “We are an excellent military, finest in the world, always prepared, but we are neither omniscient nor omnipresent.”

The CIF, which included dozens of Special Operators, was never utilized to help rescue 30 Americans who had fought off attackers on the ground in Benghazi until 5:26 a.m. on Sept. 12. Pentagon officials say it did not arrive in time to help.

In the days following the attack in Benghazi, the CIF team was sent by Ham to Tunisia to remain on standby in case they were needed for other contingencies, such as a retaliatory strike, according to senior U.S. military commanders with knowledge of the operation.

“We were posturing forces to be ready for possible responses,” according to a senior U.S. defense official. “We were looking at the possibility of a potential hostage rescue.”

To date no retaliatory strikes have taken place, and questions remain about what could have been done to help those who were in peril on the ground. 

According to the Pentagon timeline, the first conference call to AFRICOM, EUCOM, CENTCOM, TRANSCOM, SOCOM and the four military branches occurred nearly five hours after the attack began.

THE CIA RESCUE TEAM FROM TRIPOLI

Meanwhile in Libya, two hours and 48 minutes after the attack on the consulate began, a six-man rescue team organized by the CIA in Tripoli that included two Tier One Army Special Operators already in Tripoli on another assignment leave the capital to help.
However, they do not have a plane and end up chartering one too small to rescue the entire group in Benghazi and are required to make a round trip. They do not depart Benghazi with the last survivors and Ambassador Chris Stevens’ body until 10 a.m. the next day.

The CIA says that the Tripoli rescue team landed in Benghazi at 1:15 a.m. on Sept 12. The Pentagon says it landed at 1:30 a.m. Another official discrepancy.

More than four hours later, just before 5:26 a.m., former SEAL Glen Doherty, who arrived from Tripoli with the rescue team, and former SEAL Tyrone Woods are killed on the CIA annex roof by a mortar.

THE AMBASSADOR IS STILL MISSING

Security personnel at Blue Mountain Group receive a photograph of the ambassador’s body in a morgue at 7:15 a.m. At that point, Stevens’ body had still not been recovered from the hospital where Ansar Al Sharia, the presumed attackers, had surrounded it.

By 8:30 a.m., all KIA are accounted for, including the ambassador. The Pentagon’s critics say the president and defense secretary could have ordered more assets into Libya to help sooner.

Even by Wednesday morning, several challenges remained. Thirty Americans did not have a plane big enough to get them out of Benghazi; the U.S. consulate and CIA annex needed to be secured because sensitive documents remained at the consulate and annex; and an FBI team would eventually be held up in Tripoli and not be given access to the Benghazi sites for 24 days.

The two Marine FAST teams were not ordered to Libya until five hours after the attack was underway. The first FAST team didn’t arrive in Tripoli to secure the embassy until 8:56 p.m. on Sept. 12, nearly two hours after the rescued Americans had left Libya on a C-17 sent from Ramstein Air Base in Germany. The second FAST team of Marines slated to go to Benghazi was never sent to Libya. Libyan looters and journalists spent the next 24 days rifling through papers and potential evidence at the compounds.

According to the senior U.S. defense official who briefed reporters on the timeline, “There has been a great deal of speculation about the use of or desirability of military responses. Some have indicated manned and unmanned aircraft options would have changed the course of events. Unfortunately, no aircraft options were available to be used or effective.”

According to the senior U.S. defense official who briefed reporters on the timeline, “There has been a great deal of speculation about the use of or desirability of military responses. Some have indicated manned and unmanned aircraft options would have changed the course of events. Unfortunately, no aircraft options were available to be used or effective.”

According to a source who debriefed those who were at the CIA annex that night, “When they asked for air support, they were told they could have an unarmed drone.”

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
:elvis:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Too bad Vegas didn't lay odds you guys would have this opinion, I coulda made a fortune....

By the way, you guys can contribute that $100 to the Army anytime now.....

kwame k
11-12-2012, 10:02 AM
And in other related Faux News.......

Big Foot and Bat Boy Have Love Child Out of Wedlock

Link (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/)

BigBadBrian
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Petraeus should be subpoenaed by both the House and Senate looking into this matter.

I don't necessarily think that the response, or lack thereof, of the CIA or DoD is as big a matter (though I have several critical questions there also) of why the Obama Administration wanted to cover-up that this was a terrorist attack and they knew as much from the very beginning. Why did Obama, Carney, Rice, Petraeus, et al lie about it?

Elvis, your use of the term "Betrayus" paints you as a full-blooded cunt. That's the same term the far-left used for him while he was CinC in Iraq. FORD use to call him that. Congratulations, you and FORD are in the same conspiracy theory nut basket. :gulp:

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Elvis, your use of the term "Betrayus" paints you as a full-blooded cunt. That's the same term the far-left used for him while he was CinC in Iraq. FORD use to call him that. Congratulations, you and FORD are in the same conspiracy theory nut basket. :gulp:

I'd much rather be lumped in with FORD than the neocons...

BigBadBrian
11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
...neocons...

Not everyone on the Right is a "neocon." You'd know that if you actually knew what the word meant.

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Not everyone on the Right is a "neocon." You'd know that if you actually knew what the word meant.

I know exactly what it means and you're one of them...

BigBadBrian
11-12-2012, 12:24 PM

How so? Explain, if you can.

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Are you saying you're not ??

FORD
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't really like that kind of music, but that's cool...

:killer:

kwame k
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Interesting..........

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/579072_491858400836865_373588839_n.jpg

Kristy
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't necessarily think that the response, or lack thereof, of the CIA or DoD is as big a matter (though I have several critical questions there also) of why the Obama Administration wanted to cover-up that this was a terrorist attack and they knew as much from the very beginning. Why did Obama, Carney, Rice, Petraeus, et al lie about it?

They didn't lie or try to cover anything up you asshole. The Obama Administration was running on little information when they attack was reported. Granted there was a lot of disinformation being given but nobody was trying to cover anything up.

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Obama watched the attack on drone video...

ELVIS
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/12/15119872-emails-on-coming-and-goings-of-petraeus-other-military-officials-escalated-fbi-concerns?lite

:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM

Okay, and?

LoungeMachine
11-13-2012, 02:16 AM
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/12/15119872-emails-on-coming-and-goings-of-petraeus-other-military-officials-escalated-fbi-concerns?lite

:biggrin:

You're really a sick and twisted fuck, you know that, right?

:gulp:

Sleep well

BigBadBrian
11-13-2012, 05:55 AM
They didn't lie or try to cover anything up you asshole. The Obama Administration was running on little information when they attack was reported. Granted there was a lot of disinformation being given but nobody was trying to cover anything up.

You're not only naive, you're naive in a very obvious way. :gulp:

kwame k
11-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Not the moment the attack started.......even using Forrest's biased timeline, it's almost an hour and a half after the attack started!

-
-
-
-
-

Keep swinging slugger......if AJ can make conspiracies appear out of thin air, his disciples should have the same power, it's in the Bible I believe :yo:

Nickdfresh
11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
You're not only naive, you're naive in a very obvious way. :gulp:

No, Elvis is naive. You're just a partisan idiot filled with double standards and bullshit...

ELVIS
11-14-2012, 08:31 AM
They don't want to hear it...

If the Obama administration said it, it must be true...

BigBadBrian
11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Petraeus agrees to testify on Libya before congressional committees

LINK (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/14/petraeus-agrees-to-testify-on-libya-before-congressional-committees/)

Former CIA Director David Petraeus has agreed to testify about the Libya terror attack before the House and Senate intelligence committees, Fox News has learned.
Petraeus had originally been scheduled to testify this Thursday on the burgeoning controversy over the deadly Sept. 11 attack. That appearance was scuttled, though, after the director abruptly resigned over an extramarital affair.
The resignation has since expanded into a sprawling scandal that now includes allegations that Gen. John Allen, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, exchanged "inappropriate" and sexually charged emails with Jill Kelley, a Florida socialite linked to the Petraeus case. The rapid developments in the case have all but obscured what until last week was an intense debate on Capitol Hill and beyond over the Benghazi terror attack.
After Petraeus' resignation, lawmakers complained that the scandal was no reason they shouldn't hear from the man at the helm of the CIA when CIA operatives came under attack alongside State Department employees in Benghazi last month.
The logistics of Petraeus' appearance are still being worked out. But a source close to Petraeus said the former four-star general has contacted the CIA, as well as committees in both the House and Senate, to offer his testimony as the former CIA director.
Fox News has learned he is expected to speak off-site to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Friday about his Libya report.
The House side is still being worked out.
Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11 attack, which the administration initially blamed on a "spontaneous" mob reacting to protests over an anti-Islam film. Officials later labeled the attack terrorism.
While Petraeus prepares to give his side, lawmakers have begun to openly question when Petraeus first knew about the investigation that uncovered his affair -- and whether it impacted his statements to Congress on Sept. 14 about the Libya terror attack.
Petraeus briefed lawmakers that day that the attack was akin to a flash mob, and some top lawmakers noted to Fox News he seemed "wedded" to the administration's narrative that it was a demonstration spun out of control. The briefing appeared to conflict with one from the FBI and National Counterterrorism Center a day earlier in which officials said the intelligence supported an Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda-affiliated attack.
Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., told Fox News he now questions whether Petraeus' statements -- which were in conflict with both the FBI briefing and available raw intelligence -- were in any way impacted by the knowledge the FBI was investigating his affair with Broadwell.
King questioned whether the investigation "consciously or subconsciously" affected his statements to Congress.

ELVIS
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Now they're going to try to impeach this president because somebody else got one.

No, for war crimes...

kwame k
11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
No, for war crimes...

So we're finally going after Dubya.........excellent!

Nickdfresh
11-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Please refer discussion of Gen. Allen's and Gen. Petraeus' (Ret.) alleged affair to this thread: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?66837-Generals-CIA-Dir-s-and-Sex-Scandals&p=1709477#post1709477

jhale667
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/552389_248955948566208_1771015167_n.jpg

BigBadBrian
11-16-2012, 06:36 AM
http://www.investors.com/image/RamirezCartoonLettermanShow9-12_600.jpg.cmshttp://pumabydesign001.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/september-11-2012-benghazi-libya-they-watched-them-die-obama-libya-chris-stevens-benghazi.jpg?w=370&h=278
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HWdXE-qZHn0/UGUdCC4oMbI/AAAAAAAAfP4/NzDjb81SCiQ/s640/PhYNT.jpghttp://www.jihadwatch.org/images/Ramirez.jpeg

Nickdfresh
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
It's funny Brian that you post this kind of bullshit, yet never said anything about Bush "watching people die" on 9/11...

Satan
11-16-2012, 02:36 PM
It's funny Brian that you post this kind of bullshit, yet never said anything about Bush "watching people die" on 9/11...

Technically, Chimpy didn't watch..... He spent the first half hour using small children as human shields, and then was literally hiding like a coward in a hole half way across the country for the rest of the day.

Darth Cheney was watching though...... he was probably masturbating in front of his TV as the towers imploded.

BigBadBrian
11-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Now Petraeus claims the talking points that left the CIA specifically mentioned "terrorist attack" and "al-Qaeda-associated group." Why was this edited out between the CIA and when Susan Rice spewed her lies on those 5 Sunday morning talk shows? Why?

Political reasons, that's why. It would fly directly in the face of Obozo's claim that al-qaeda was decimated. Why did Obozo lie?

As a side note, I think it would be quite entertaining to seem Obammy nominate Susan Rice as SecOfState and get into it with McCain, Graham, and Ayotte (you notice he didn't mention her name because he has no respect for women?) like he said at his "press conference." Hell, even that moron john Kerry would be a better choice than her and even if Scott Brown took Kerry's Senate seat, the Rats would still have a Senate Majority. The Rats need at least 11 Republican Senate votes to confirm any of Obozo's Cabinet nominees. That's not going to happen with Susan Rice.

Also, Kerry should not be SecOfDef. Anyone who threw away his military medals is unsuited to be in a position where he may have to authorize and handout the same medals. He's more suited to be at State where he can bow down to other governments. :gulp:

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 07:28 AM
It's frightening to think how fucking crazy the right wing bubble will go if Obama actually ever does make a major foreign policy mistake...

BigBadBrian
11-17-2012, 07:29 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394972_10151211102145896_1269518684_n.png

Nickdfresh
11-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Now Petraeus claims the talking points that left the CIA specifically mentioned "terrorist attack" and "al-Qaeda-associated group." Why was this edited out between the CIA and when Susan Rice spewed her lies on those 5 Sunday morning talk shows? Why?

Political reasons, that's why. It would fly directly in the face of Obozo's claim that al-qaeda was decimated. Why did Obozo lie? ...

My, what a completely anal-retarded theory!

ELVIS
11-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Do you think the US is not working with Al Qaeda ??

Nickdfresh
11-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Why or how could the U.S. work with an organization that effectively doesn't really exist as an organization? You might as well ask if the U.S. is working with the Lollypop Guild™...

BigBadBrian
11-17-2012, 01:28 PM
:fighting0056:
My, what a completely anal-retarded theory!

Your defense of Obama in this matter is inexcusable. :fighting0056:

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 01:45 PM

Yes..

Va Beach VH Fan
11-18-2012, 10:57 AM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/palinrice.jpg

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes..

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Why do democrats always make comparisons? It's like they know their own arguments won't stand up to scrutiny. Besides, their comparisons are wrong most of the time.

Susan Rice is a lackey. She had access to truthful intel yet she still went on national TV 5 times and LIED to the American public. While there are much better qualified candidates to be Sec of State in the Democratic camp, I still think it'd be funny if Obozo nominates her.

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Va Beach VH Fan
11-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Why do democrats always make comparisons? It's like they know their own arguments won't stand up to scrutiny. Besides, their comparisons are wrong most of the time.

Susan Rice is a lackey. She had access to truthful intel yet she still went on national TV 5 times and LIED to the American public. While there are much better qualified candidates to be Sec of State in the Democratic camp, I still think it'd be funny if Obozo nominates her.

Rice only briefed what was approved as unclassified by the CIA....

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:10 PM

As usual:

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
BREAKING: The president knew the truth about Benghazi
By Jennifer Rubin
In a blockbuster report, John Solomon, the former Associated Press and Post reporter, has ferreted out the president’s daily brief that informed him within 72 hours of the Sept. 11 attack that the Benghazi attack was a jihadist operation.

Citing officials directly familiar with the information, Solomon writes in the Washington Guardian that Obama and other administration officials were told that “that the attack was likely carried out by local militia and other armed extremists sympathetic to al-Qaida in the region.”

He adds:

The details from the CIA and Pentagon assessments of the killing of Ambassador Chris [Stevens] were far more specific, more detailed and more current than the unclassified talking points that UN Ambassador Susan Rice and other officials used five days after the attack to suggest to Americans that an unruly mob angry over an anti-Islamic video was to blame, officials said.
Most of the details affirming al-Qaida links were edited or excluded from the unclassified talking points used by Rice in appearances on news programs the weekend after the attack, officials confirmed Friday. Multiple agencies were involved in excising information, doing so because it revealed sources and methods, dealt with classified intercepts or involved information that was not yet fully confirmed, the officials said.
Solomon cautions that there were bits of evidence pointing to a spontaneous attack but, as Eli Lake of the Daily Beast and others have reported, he writes: “Among the early evidence cited in the briefings to the president and other senior officials were intercepts showing some of the participants were known members or supporters of Ansar al-Sharia — the al-Qaida-sympathizing militia in Libya — and the AQIM, which is a direct affiliate of al-Qaida in northern Africa, the officials said.”

How could the president and his senior staff then have allowed (or rather, sent) Rice to go out to tell an entirely different tale to the American people on Sept. 16 on five TV shows?

This report indicates that the president certainly knew that Benghazi wasn’t a rogue movie review gone bad. He had information that plainly spelled out what was later confirmed by additional intelligence. If this information was too confidential to share with the public, at the very least the president and others should not have mislead voters.

This is a full-blown scandal, and in light of this information, the press corps’s slothful indifference to uncovering the truth at Wednesday’s news conference with Obama is all the more shocking. It is time for the president to come clean. The scandal has now enveloped the Oval Office and will define his second term, if not resolved satisfactorily.

The irony of this is that Rice may well have been used as a patsy, unaware that she was sent out to spin a misleading tale. My colleague Dana Milbank recounts Rice’s long-standing inability to get along with others and to be circumspect in her pronouncements:

It’s true that, in her much-criticized TV performance, she was reciting talking points given to her by the intelligence agencies. But that’s the trouble. Rice stuck with her points even though they had been contradicted by the president of the Libyan National Assembly, who, on CBS’s ‘Face the Nation’ just before Rice, said there was “no doubt” that the attack on Americans in Benghazi “was preplanned.” Rice rebutted the Libyan official, arguing — falsely, it turned out — that there was no evidence of such planning. . . . Obama can do better at State than Susan Rice.
Frankly the same could be said of many national security positions at this point. The American people made their choice in November on the president, but it now appears they were duped regarding the real facts concerning Benghazi. What are we going to do about that?
link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/breaking-the-president-knew-the-truth-about-benghazi/2012/11/16/39aecaf0-3034-11e2-9f50-0308e1e75445_blog.html)

Nickdfresh
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Breaking News!! Nothing to see here!!

Official: Changes to Benghazi talking points made by intel community
November 19th, 2012
07:32 PM ET
By Pam Benson

The intelligence community - not the White House, State Department or Justice Department - was responsible for the substantive changes made to the talking points distributed for government officials who spoke publicly about the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, the spokesman for the director of national intelligence said Monday.

The unclassified talking points on Libya, developed several days after the the deadly attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, were not substantively changed by any agency outside of the intelligence community, according to the spokesman, Shawn Turner.

Republican criticism of the talking points intensified last Friday following a closed door hearing with former CIA Director David Petraeus.

Rep. Peter King, R-New York, told reporters after the hearing that the original talking parts drafted by the CIA had been changed and it was unclear who was responsible.

"The original talking points were much more specific about al Qaeda involvement and yet final ones just said indications of extremists," King said.

The September 11 attack resulted in the death of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

The unclassified talking points were first developed by the CIA at the request of the House Intelligence Committee, whose members wanted to know what they could say publicly about the Benghazi attack.

The initial version included information linking individuals involved in the attack to al Qaeda, according to a senior U.S. official familiar with the drafting of the talking points But when the document was sent to the rest of the intelligence community for review, there was a decision to change "al Qaeda" to "extremists." The official said the change was made for legitimate intelligence and legal reasons, not for political purposes.

"First, the information about individuals linked to al Qaeda was derived from classified sources," the official said. "Second, when links were so tenuous - as they still are - it makes sense to be cautious before pointing fingers so you don't set off a chain of circular and self-reinforcing assumptions. Third, it is important to be careful not to prejudice a criminal investigation in its early stages."

Some Republican members of Congress suggested the change came from within the Obama administration - from the White House, the Justice Department, or another government agency.

Turner, the spokesman for National Intelligence Director James Clapper, said that was not the case.

"The intelligence community made substantive, analytical changes before the talking points were sent to government agency partners for their feedback," Turner said, referring to the White House, Justice Department, State Department, Pentagon and FBI. "There were no substantive changes made to the talking points after they left the intelligence community," he said.

The White House on Friday said it made only one change, substituting the word "mission" for "consulate."

The FBI requested a change in language which originally stated the U.S. "knew" Islamic extremists participated in the attack. According to a U.S. intelligence official the wording was changed to "there are indications" Islamic extremists participated.

The drumbeat of criticism began early on with Republicans criticizing the Obama administration for publicly saying the attack grew out of a spontaneous protest against an anti Muslim video on the web even though the Republicans claim the administration knew it was a planned terrorist attack.

The harshest criticism has focused on Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, who used the talking points as the basis for comments she made on Sunday talk shows five days after the attack. During her appearances, Rice said a small number of people came to the mission in reaction to demonstrations occurring in Cairo over the anti-Muslim film, but the Benghazi protest was hijacked by armed extremists. She never mentioned terrorists.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Michigan, said this isn't about parsing words. "There was some policy decisions made based on the narrative that was not consistent with the intelligence that we had. That's my concern," Rogers said last Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Former CIA Director Petraeus told lawmakers last Friday there were multiple streams of intelligence, some that indicated Ansar al Sharia was behind the attack, according to an official with knowledge of the situation. But other intelligence indicated the violence at the Benghazi mission was inspired by protests in Egypt over the anti Muslim video.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-California, told CNN on Monday that Petraeus explained why the talking points were changed.

"Gen. Petraeus made it clear that that change was made to protect classified sources of information, not to spin it, not to politicize it and it wasn't done at the direction of the white house. That really ought to be the end of it, but it isn't. So we have to continue to go around this merry go round, but at a certain point when all the facts point in a certain direction, we're going to have to accept them as they are and move on," Schiff said.

CNN's Dana Bash contributed to this report.

CNN Link (http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/19/official-changes-to-benghazi-talking-points-made-by-intel-community/)

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
The intelligence community - not the White House, State Department or Justice Department - was responsible for the substantive changes made to the talking points distributed for government officials who spoke publicly about the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, the spokesman for the director of national intelligence said Monday.

Petraeus contradicts this.

Nickdfresh
11-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Petraeus contradicts this.

Maybe it slipped his mind after a Broadwell handjob?

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Maybe it slipped his mind after a Broadwell handjob?

Nice dodge.

Guitar Shark
11-26-2012, 05:43 PM
This may be the best thing I've seen on Fox News, ever.

FORD
11-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Best thing about that video- they got called out by one of their own. Tom Ricks ain't no "librul".

And you can bet that interview was meant to be much longer than it was, but somebody in the head office gave the order to cut him off when he went against the FAUX talking points. :biggrin:

Guitar Shark
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Best thing about that video- they got called out by one of their own. Tom Ricks ain't no "librul".

And you can bet that interview was meant to be much longer than it was, but somebody in the head office gave the order to cut him off when he went against the FAUX talking points. :biggrin:

Yep. Check this out:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/26/guest-on-fox-news-to-discuss-benghazi-attack-is-given-a-quick-exit/

Nickdfresh
11-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Nice dodge.

That's what she said...
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110413211937/theoffice/images/3/36/The-office-michael-scott.jpg

Nickdfresh
11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Thomas Ricks defends Petraeus on CNN:

Seshmeister
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM
This may be the best thing I've seen on Fox News, ever.

The BBC is under constant attack at the moment but fuck I live in fear that your TV news journalism spreads to here...

Guitar Shark
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
The BBC is under constant attack at the moment but fuck I live in fear that your TV "news" farce spreads to here...

There, fixed that for ya.

BigBadBrian
11-28-2012, 05:46 AM
There, fixed that for ya.

Damn. Never thought I'd agree with GS.

BigBadBrian
11-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Do liberals here really support this twit Susan Rice for SoS if Obozo nominates her?

Nickdfresh
11-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Do liberals here really support this twit Susan Rice for SoS if Obozo nominates her?

Why wouldn't or shouldn't they? Did John McCain show up to any hearings yet?

BigBadBrian
11-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Why wouldn't or shouldn't they? Did John McCain show up to any hearings yet?

Pay attention!!! :fighting0056:

Satan
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM

Would you prefer Judas IsKerryot?

BigBadBrian
11-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Would you prefer Judas IsKerryot?

I want to see Obozo nominate him for SecDef. That'll be a hoot!

FORD
11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
My theory is that this Susan Rice thing is just a smokescreen. The Repukes WANT Judas to get the job, because they know the DLC will fuck up the "special election" to fill his seat, just as they did when Ted Kennedy died.

They put up the weakest shitty candidate they could find, who put absolutely ZERO effort into campaigning, and as a result, Massachusetts was stuck with a douchebag previously best known for posing nude in a supermarket tabloid. Two years later, a proper Senate candidate was able to reverse that mistake, but should Kerry give up his seat, the Repukes will either run Cosmo Brown again, or Willard Mittens Romney, who probably has some campaign money left over that he has to spend on something, and he can't legally use it to baptize the dead or build car elevators at his mansion on the planet Kolob. So since Ann already said they were moving back to Boston, he would even be able to claim residency somewhere other than Tagg's unfinished basement.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Congratulations McCain and Graham, you win....

Dr. Rice is withdrawing her name from consideration for Secretary of State....

Without a doubt, I haven't hated politics at any greater level that it is now.... Just shameful....

FORD
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
While the tactics of Grandpa Simpson and Miss Lindsey (among others) are sickening, I've heard some recent news reports that Dr. Rice was as mixed up with oil companies as the previous Dr. Rice was, so maybe the news isn't all bad.

At least not until the "special" Senate election in Massachusetts is stolen......

Zing!
12-13-2012, 05:05 PM
but should Kerry give up his seat, the Repukes will either run Cosmo Brown again, or Willard Mittens Romney, who probably has some campaign money left over that he has to spend on something, and he can't legally use it to baptize the dead or build car elevators at his mansion on the planet Kolob.

I have it on good authority that Mitt's investing that leftover cash on top-down airplane convertibles.

jhale667
12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Congratulations McCain and Graham, you win....

Dr. Rice is withdrawing her name from consideration for Secretary of State....

Without a doubt, I haven't hated politics at any greater level that it is now.... Just shameful....

Yeah, that's completely messed up. :mad:

Nitro Express
12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't think you are going to see Mitt in politics anymore. The guy has been successful his whole life. He won the governors seat in a Kennedy dominated liberal state. I think the guy got a rude awakening running for the presidency. I don't think he has the stomach to run again and frankly why would he want to? His family sure as hell doesn't want the spot light on them. Naw, Mitt is going to stay in the private sector.

I think the next Republican candidate will be someone nobody right now has ever heard of. Probably a conservative hispanic female or something. LOL!

FORD
12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
I think the next Republican candidate will be someone nobody right now has ever heard of. Probably a conservative hispanic female or something. LOL!

Well, there's one of those in New Mexico right now. But she doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the nomination. Just ask Bill Richardson or Gary Johnson about that.