PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review - The Man With The Iron Fists - Starring Russell Crowe and RZA

Hardrock69
11-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Written and directed by RZA who also starred in the leading role.

It was what I expected. A martial arts film set in the 1800s in some small Chinese village.

Production was first-rate.

Some of the acting was so-so, but RZA was solid (RZA is part of Wu-Tang Clan). Russell Crowe was his usual great self.

It is going to drop out of theaters by the end of next week. Amazingly it is not dropping out of the theaters today when Skyfall arrives.

Worth seeing if you are a fan of martial arts films, or Russell Crowe, but really.....you should wait to see it on DVD or cable. Not going to be nominated for anything I am pretty sure.

I wonder why Russell agreed to do the film.....big bucks? or maybe he just liked the role he was offered....I dunno.....was nice to see him though.

Saw in the previews before the main film that he is starring in another film that is going to be released in January.

vandeleur
11-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Seen some magazine adverts for it and it looked like it was a Tarantino film , certainly had his name on the banner

DONNIEP
11-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Damn - I thought this was a thread about The Man With The Golden Gun :biggrin:

Nitro Express
11-09-2012, 02:56 AM

Some dude painted his dick gold?

DONNIEP
11-09-2012, 03:02 AM
The Man With The Golden Gun introduced me to the drink Black Velvet. Damn good on a Sunday morning :gulp:

vandeleur
11-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Black velvet :beers8:

Kristy
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Looks like your typical sub-standard Tarantino crap. Over excessive violence, cheesy special effects to enhance that violence, bad script writing followed by bad acting played by bad actors just a Tarantino movie away from forever being on the Hollywood B list for life. Tarantino fodder for America's dumbed down and ever increasing white trash mindset of entertainment.

Zing!
11-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Now THAT'S a cheesily great movie! Roger Moore and Chris Lee at their finest!

Hardrock69
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
But Tarantino had nothing to do with it. He did not write, direct, produce or anything else.

He just somehow liked what he saw and when discussing the film with RZA said he would lend his name to the project.

fraroc
11-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Some dude painted his dick gold?

It's not The Man With The Golden Love Gun :)

Kristy
11-10-2012, 12:21 PM
But Tarantino had nothing to do with it. He did not write, direct, produce or anything else.

It's still ghey.

Hardrock69
11-10-2012, 08:51 PM
How would you know? You haven't seen the film.

Matt White
11-12-2012, 09:44 AM

Jimmy Page whispered it in her ear last night......................

:winkglasses:

Kristy
11-12-2012, 11:11 AM

From what I've of it, the movie's ghey.

Hardrock69
11-13-2012, 02:57 AM
From what I've of it, the movie's ghey.

From what what?

Lol.

Damn typos, eh?

Actually, from what you have read in my review above, it is not some kind of kickass film. And that is true. It was a way to waste some money and some time, and that is about all.

Hardrock69
11-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Oops....dupe post.

Seshmeister
11-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Jimmy Page whispered it in her ear last night......................

:winkglasses:

Really?

She looks far too old to be his type...

Seshmeister
11-13-2012, 04:22 AM
The Man With The Golden Gun introduced me to the drink Black Velvet. Damn good on a Sunday morning :gulp:

Roger Moore tells the story that Nick Nack(Tattoo) was a randy little bastard and one day after filming he said to Maud Adams, Scararmanga's girl in the movie, 'Tonight I weel come to your room and make mad passionate love to you'.

She answered 'If you do and I find out about it later I'll kill you!'

Matt White
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
really?

She looks far too old to be his type...

astral projection..................