PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the Repuke nominee for 2016?

Satan
11-14-2012, 08:52 PM
I once masurbated over my cat it wuz gud.

Terry
11-14-2012, 09:01 PM
I took my dog in the ass was fun.

Nitro Express
11-14-2012, 09:09 PM
A warm and charming hispanic carpet bagger.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Gotta be Rubio....

They've gotten get more than just old white guys and evangelicals to win from now on....

Nitro Express
11-15-2012, 12:32 AM
No. It's going to be a very charming hispanic woman who's going to hand out better door prizes.

ELVIS
11-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Who gives a fuck ??

knuckleboner
11-15-2012, 12:41 AM
virginia gov. bob mcdonnell.

Satan
11-15-2012, 12:48 AM
virginia gov. bob mcdonnell.

You really think they're going to try another lily-white fundagelical?

Well... yeah, actually they probably would, if they expect everyone to forget the sudden message of "inclusiveness" that they have been pretending to believe in since Mittens and Munster got their asses kicked.

ZahZoo
11-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Rubio seems the logical choice at the moment... although some of the more electable guys who sat on sideline this year may emerge.

Seems if the Republicans want to make any headway... they need to lose the parade of clowns that muddied the primaries this year. They also need to not just distance themselves but purge their ranks of these mega-idiots who have no business procreating let alone discussing anything close to reproductive rights.

dazzlindino
11-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Seems if the Republicans want to make any headway... they need to lose the parade of clowns that muddied the primaries this year. They also need to not just distance themselves but purge their ranks of these mega-idiots who have no business procreating let alone discussing anything close to reproductive rights.

most excellent....

lesfunk
11-15-2012, 07:07 PM
A gay, black, evangelical, woman...

jhale667
11-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Ryan's ego is so huge he doesn't think he really lost, so he'll probably run...dunno if he'll get the nomination, but probably has more of a shot at it than Rubio.

Satan
11-15-2012, 09:38 PM
A gay, black, evangelical, woman...

So in other words, Condaleeza Rice?

Terry
11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I dunno...I mean, I remember everybody cooing over Bobby Jindal in early 2009, then cut to two years later and he wasn't even a viable candidate...Rubio might look good right now, but 2 to 4 years is a long time in politics...more than long enough for him to fuck it up or for his chances to get fucked up somehow...

Kristy
11-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Gotta be Rubio...

Nobody is going to vote for a douche named "Rubio"

BigBadBrian
11-16-2012, 06:30 AM
FORD, you have no clue. I'll redo this thread soon and do it right. Actual choices Republicans would vote for.

Seshmeister
11-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Who gives a fuck ??

The Simpsons nailed it...

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/republicanconvention.png

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/democraticconvention.png

DavidLeeNatra
11-16-2012, 08:55 AM
FORD, you have no clue. I'll redo this thread soon and do it right. Actual choices Republicans would vote for.

:doh:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-16-2012, 08:56 AM

Well, as I said, they've got to start doing SOMETHING to attract people other than old white people and bible thumpers.... You know, people of color.....

And more women.....

Rubio would be at least an attempt at that....

ZahZoo
11-16-2012, 10:17 AM

Really?

I believe names are not a vote swaying issue... I mean come on. We elected a guy with very middle eastern name at a time when tensions between the US and middle east are at historic levels...

Satan
11-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Well, looking at the choices they HAVE voted for over the last 32 years, it's not much of an endorsement.

Seriously...... A senile B Movie actor, a career CIA thug drug smuggling murderer, his brainless Chimp son, a 72 year old 4 time cancer survivor and his side kick the secessionist lunatic from the meth capital of Alaska, and a cultist vulture capitalist.

Gee.... how do you improve on that list?

ELVIS
11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Well, as I said, they've got to start doing SOMETHING to attract people other than old white people and bible thumpers.... You know, people of color.....

And more women.....

Rubio would be at least an attempt at that....

Rubio's a Bible thumper...

FORD
11-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Rubio's a Bible thumper...

Yes, but he's a Cuban Catholic Bible thumper, so that's different. :biggrin:

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Who will the Republicans nominate for President in 2016?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Marco_Rubio%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_112th_Congress .jpg/220px-Marco_Rubio%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_112th_Congress .jpg
Marco Rubio

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/NikkiHaley.jpg/220px-NikkiHaley.jpg
Nikki Haley

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/04/Cruz-Headshot.jpg/220px-Cruz-Headshot.jpg
Ted Cruz

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/Bobby_Jindal_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg/220px-Bobby_Jindal_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg
Bobby Jindal

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/Governor_NewMexico.jpg/220px-Governor_NewMexico.jpg
Susana Martinez

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Paul_Ryan_official_portrait.jpg/220px-Paul_Ryan_official_portrait.jpg
Paul Ryan

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Eric_Cantor%2C_official_portrait%2C_112th_Congress .jpg/220px-Eric_Cantor%2C_official_portrait%2C_112th_Congress .jpg
Eric Cantor

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Bob_McDonnell_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg/220px-Bob_McDonnell_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
Bob McDonnell

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Kelly_Ayotte%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_112th_Congres s_2.jpg/220px-Kelly_Ayotte%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_112th_Congres s_2.jpg
Kelly Ayotte

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Chris_Christie_2011_Shankbone.JPG/220px-Chris_Christie_2011_Shankbone.JPG
Chris Christie

Nickdfresh
11-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Gee Brian, you start a thread on "demoRATs", then want to rename the RepubliCAN'T thread? Really? Merged!

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Gee Brian, you start a thread on "demoRATs", then want to rename the RepubliCAN'T thread? Really? Merged!

I figured you'd merge them...no biggie there. I did object to being way off base for potential nominees, though. He has no clue how the conservatives are going to choose THE ONE. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
11-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Neither do they...

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Neither do they...

Not yet, but it WON'T be one of the old guard. I'd say at least one, if not both, of the ones I listed above stands a very good chance of being on the Republican ticket. :gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Not yet, but it WON'T be one of the old guard. I'd say at least one, if not both, of the ones I listed above stands a very good chance of being on the Republican ticket. :gulp:

I agree... Frankly I wonder when the next time an old white Republican man is elected President....

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:14 PM
I agree... Frankly I wonder when the next time an old white Republican man is elected President....

Or an old Democrat for that matter. Unless you guys nominate Joe Biden in 2016. Please, please, please do!!!!

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 12:19 PM

It's funny to see old white guys put a negative connotation on themselves...

Nickdfresh
11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
I doubt Biden even wants it...

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Or an old Democrat for that matter. Unless you guys nominate Joe Biden in 2016. Please, please, please do!!!!

Dude, politics isn't a sporting event...

knuckleboner
11-18-2012, 01:36 PM
You really think they're going to try another lily-white fundagelical?

Well... yeah, actually they probably would, if they expect everyone to forget the sudden message of "inclusiveness" that they have been pretending to believe in since Mittens and Munster got their asses kicked.

yes. he's relatively popular in swing-state virginia. and just because a few of the higher-ups in the party recognize that blowing off the hispanic vote is tantamount to electoral suicide, it doesn't mean that hispanic marco rubio can win in a nationwide primary.

knuckleboner
11-18-2012, 01:44 PM

martinez is a solid choice. haley won't be able to win the primary. ditto christie. republicans won't forgive him for the perceived help to obama. cantor has NO chance.

Satan
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I definitely agree that Rubio isn't the Latino "magic bullet" that some Repukes seem to think he is. They think that anyone who speaks Spanish will vote for him, just like they thought Sarah Palin could pick up Hillary's primary voters, just because she's a woman.

But of course there's considerable differences between Cubans and Mexicans, especially when it comes to immigration. And since Rubio has already admitted that his family came here before that whole Castro thing, he's not even necessarily guaranteed the votes of the Batista fan club in Miami, as he's not really "one of them".

Rubio's best chances aren't really because of his ethnicity so much as they are with him being Jeb's protege. Jeb's going to be the BCE patriarch by then, so he won't be interested in being a candidate himself, but there's no doubt Rubio will be his chosen puppet.

It pretty much comes down to a power struggle between the BCE and the KKKoch Brothers. They split the 2012 Republican ticket, but the KKKochs might not be willing to settle for the #2 slot next time. Maybe 50 years of BCE controlled Presidencies is enough for the Republican party??

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
martinez is a solid choice. haley won't be able to win the primary. ditto christie. republicans won't forgive him for the perceived help to obama. cantor has NO chance.

Christie is persona non grata as far as i'm concerned, and not just for sucking up to Obama. He's better off giving the Rats hell behind the scenes. Same with Cantor. Bobby Jindal will be a major player.

FORD
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Bobby Jindal will be a major player.

And yet he doesn't have a single vote in this poll. Not even ELVIS voted for him, and he's always claiming what a great governor he is.

Besides, do you really think Donald Trump, Oily Twatz, and the rest of those birther douchebags are going to allow a guy named Piyush who was born here (but just barely) to immigrant parents to be the Repuke nominee??

His mother moved here when she was pregnant. Wouldn't that make him an "anchor baby"? :biggrin:

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
And yet he doesn't have a single vote in this poll. Not even ELVIS voted for him, and he's always claiming what a great governor he is.

Yeah, we'll let this little poll among mostly liberals be the arbiter of who is in the running (Va Beach VA Fan, we need the :roll eyes: sarcasm smiley back). Besides, some dimwit posted the original "nominees."

Besides, do you really think Donald Trump, Oily Twatz, and the rest of those birther douchebags are going to allow a guy named Piyush who was born here (but just barely) to immigrant parents to be the Repuke nominee??

You only see that through your own racist eyes, evidently.

sadaist
11-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Out of all these choices given here, my choice is Mitt Romney.

sadaist
11-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Christie is persona non grata as far as i'm concerned, and not just for sucking up to Obama. .

He did that to purposely kill Romney so 2016 will be wide open for his attention loving fat ass. Fuck him.

FORD
11-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Another funny thing about Jindal..... he doesn't publish his middle name for some reason. Could it be because it has 6 letters??

Piyush - 6
Jindal - 6

Another Republican antichrist??

FORD
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
He did that to purposely kill Romney so 2016 will be wide open for his attention loving fat ass. Fuck him.

Have you been listening to Thom Hartmann? That was his theory about Christie.

I didn't see it that way. I just saw a governor who got smacked in the face with a huge dose of reality that all his KKKoch brothers propaganda hadn't prepared him for, and went momentarily off script.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM

I think you're right. Somebody other than the eventual nominee needs to play the asshole and Christie fits that bill perfectly.

I've also done a lot of studying what goes into making a successful candidate. It's amazing how sound bites and appearances go into the mix besides just a stance on issues. This just isn't strictly for American politics either. Christie is too fat to be Pres.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Another funny thing about Jindal..... he doesn't publish his middle name for some reason. Could it be because it has 6 letters??

Piyush - 6
Jindal - 6

Another Republican antichrist??

That was said about our best President to date also, Ronald Wilson Reagan.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Have you been listening to Thom Hartmann?

Oh yeah, who doesn't listen to him?

LIKE THE FUCKING REST OF THE COUNTRY!!!

FORD
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
That was said about our best President to date also, Ronald Wilson Reagan.

He was the First Beast.

And the BCE puppet who began the 32 year toilet spiral that is still killing this country. :(

ELVIS
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Unless Jindall had some great plan to sell the people I think his looks set him back...

He is a good Governor but he had trouble getting elected...

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Out of all these choices given here, my choice is Mitt Romney.

I don't think you will see Mitt run again. For one reason his wife and family hate being in the media. Many in the Republican party view him as the reason they lost. Also, the evangelical right still don't like mormons but they will side with a mormon to beat a black leftist. The enemy of my enemy becomes my friend. Obama can't run again and if the Democrats run a white candidate, the support for Romney from the bible slap zone won't be there.

DLR Bridge
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I think you're right. Somebody other than the eventual nominee needs to play the asshole and Christie fits that bill perfectly.

I've also done a lot of studying what goes into making a successful candidate. It's amazing how sound bites and appearances go into the mix besides just a stance on issues. This just isn't strictly for American politics either. Christie is too fat to be Pres.

I predict he'll Slim Fast his ass into shape when the time is right and you and Sada will be in the basement silk screening Christie '16 shirts. Just a prediction.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I predict he'll Slim Fast his ass into shape when the time is right and you and Sada will be in the basement silk screening Christie '16 shirts. Just a prediction.

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

FORD
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think Slim Fast is gonna do it for Christie. I wouldn't be surprised if the KKKochs paid the tab for a lapband surgery and some major liposuction, and then hired him a permanent nutritionist and personal chef.

sadaist
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Have you been listening to Thom Hartmann? That was his theory about Christie.

Nope. Well, sometimes I watch the clips you post here but that's about it. I honestly believe Christie made such a big spectacle to help prevent Romney from winning so he would have a clean shot at 2016 instead of 2020. It made him look bipartisan, willing to cross the aisle in a time of need, look like a strong leader, blah blah blah. The federal help would have come whether he had Obama visit or not. It was just a way to make himself look really good and set him up for 2016.

Man, i don't like any of the front runners in this poll. Mitt would have done some great things for the country. It's a shame he won't get a chance because I really believe he would have been terrific and ended up being one of the most beloved Presidents. I really believe this. I watched the man for the last 6 years a lot. The country is missing out and that sucks.

sadaist
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Let's bet a sammich on it. I predict you will be buying my cheesesteak in 4 years (heavy on the onions and a cream soda to wash it down)

DLR Bridge
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Nope. Well, sometimes I watch the clips you post here but that's about it. I honestly believe Christie made such a big spectacle to help prevent Romney from winning so he would have a clean shot at 2016 instead of 2020. It made him look bipartisan, willing to cross the aisle in a time of need, look like a strong leader, blah blah blah. The federal help would have come whether he had Obama visit or not. It was just a way to make himself look really good and set him up for 2016.

Man, i don't like any of the front runners in this poll. Mitt would have done some great things for the country. It's a shame he won't get a chance because I really believe he would have been terrific and ended up being one of the most beloved Presidents. I really believe this. I watched the man for the last 6 years a lot. The country is missing out and that sucks.

Remarkable. I remember you loathing all the repubs had to offer when their debates started. I guess he grew on you, huh?

I just don't get it. So he kept throwing out the random figure of 12 million new jobs out there, without a clue of how he'd produce them and what kind of jobs he was talking about (burger flipper? Corporate executive?) but, he did keep mentioning the better part of ten years being required to do so. Would this instant gratification society that was so impatient with Obama from day one be willing to wait on this guys slow drawn out plan?

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't think Slim Fast is gonna do it for Christie. I wouldn't be surprised if the KKKochs paid the tab for a lapband surgery and some major liposuction, and then hired him a permanent nutritionist and personal chef.

I was thinking more of hitching a wagon to him and inspiring him to move with a buggy whip.

DLR Bridge
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Let's bet a sammich on it. I predict you will be buying my cheesesteak in 4 years (heavy on the onions and a cream soda to wash it down)

Deal! You'd have to come to the Christie coast in '16 to buy me one though!

Terry
11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't think you will see Mitt run again. For one reason his wife and family hate being in the media. Many in the Republican party view him as the reason they lost. Also, the evangelical right still don't like mormons but they will side with a mormon to beat a black leftist. The enemy of my enemy becomes my friend. Obama can't run again and if the Democrats run a white candidate, the support for Romney from the bible slap zone won't be there.

Doubtful Romney would even bother. I mean, how many people were actually voting for Romney due to actually being excited about Romney or voting for Romney because that was the only realistic way to vote against Obama and have a chance to prevail? It's not as if many conservatives are talking about the future of Romneyism (even if they could define what that meant) in the GOP.

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Romney is an excellent project manager. The thing is in the political arena he's a flip flopper. He was a moderate liberal in Massachusetts and then had to be more to the right to run for president. People saw him as a flip-flopper. Then in an era where people have been screwed over by corporations, the comment of "Corporations are People" wins you no favor. Then using leveraged buyouts to liquidate companies at Bain Capital doesn't help either. Romney had a bit of a Gordon Gecko image.\

The truth is most people didn't vote for Mitt Romeny, they voted against Barrack Obama. So Miit didn't generate enough excitement to get enough of the conservative voters to the polls.

The truth of the matter they figure Mitt leaving Bain Capital to save the olympics and go into politics cost him a lot of money. Some figure $2 billion. He also has the type of personality he hates to lose. Then you have a wife who enjoyed a good life out of the public eye. When you run for office everyone starts trying to dig dirt on you and attack you. That's not fun.

Mitt isn't a professional politician. He can do other things unlike most politicians who are a one trick pony. He's a workaholic so he's going to be doing something.

FORD
11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think Romney is going to run for President again. However, I could see him spending the rest of his campaign funds on a "special election" to fill a Senate seat in Massachusetts, should Judas IsKerryot abdicate that seat for a cabinet position.

Which is exactly why I would urge the President to NOT make that appointment. The Democratic party (especially under the "management" of a DLC dipshit like Tim Kaine or Debbie Scatterbrained Lush) is not capable of finding a good candidate under those circumstances, as was proven when they lost Ted Kennedy's seat to a guy who posed naked in a supermarket tabloid.

Mark my words, if Kerry gives up his seat, it's either going to be Cosmo Brown all over again, or Mittens himself. And either way, consider that seat bought and paid for. :puke: The President needs to remember what happened in Arizona when he took Janet Napolitano out of that state, and not take any sitting elected officials to fill cabinet spots.

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I have the gut feeling the Mormon church might call Mitt up to be a general authority. He probably would accept that and end up being one of the honchos running the church and possibly an apostle later on. The church likes to put business people and people with political experience in those positions.

Nickdfresh
11-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Romney is an excellent project manager...

Unless the project is "presidential candidate"...

Kristy
11-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Christie is too fat to be Pres.:headlights:

Right, where before just having inept Rethugs run the country who managed to stay thin on a diet of baby's blood and cocaine fair so much better.

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Unless the project is "presidential candidate"...

That's more of a marketing and image game. If it's a failing olympics full of corruption, Mitt can turn that sort of thing around. Business people don't have to be so fixated on image like a politician. They just have to get the right things done. Obama hasn't even managed a payroll. He's a great campaigner but the guy probably would be lost running an actual business which he has never done.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
the evangelical right still don't like mormons but they will side with a mormon to beat a black leftist.

They will side with ANYONE to beat ANY Leftist. Race has nothing to do with it.

FORD
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Except there isn't anything remotely "leftist" about Obama.

jhale667
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
They will side with ANYONE to beat ANY Leftist. Race has nothing to do with it.

Liar. It had everything to do with it, and you know it.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Liar. It had everything to do with it, and you know it.

You're the racist. You should be ashamed. Do you really think republicans wouldn't support JC Watts, Allen West, Alan Keyes or another black candidate over, say....Hillary Clinton? You're naive.

FORD
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
You're the racist. You should be ashamed. Do you really think republicans wouldn't support JC Watts, Allen West, Alan Keyes or another black candidate over, say....Hillary Clinton? You're naive.

JC Watts hasn't run for office in years. Alan Keyes was ARRESTED the last time he tried to enter a Repuke convention. And Allen West is a certifiable fucking lunatic. Not to mention a very sore loser.

And besides, Hillary isn't running in 2016. She's going to be pushing 70 by then, and it's not likely that the electorate's going back that direction after 8 years of a relatively young President.

DavidLeeNatra
11-19-2012, 05:32 PM
You're the racist. You should be ashamed. Do you really think republicans wouldn't support JC Watts, Allen West, Alan Keyes or another black candidate over, say....Hillary Clinton?

You're naive.

they would do so because they would have to take the choice between a black candidate and a woman...and the republican image of a modern woman is more like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C3E2groTTSE/UJbXYM22KBI/AAAAAAAABVg/acX_FRdve3k/s1600/American-housewife-in-the-001.jpg

Kristy
11-19-2012, 05:36 PM
they would do so because they would have to take the choice between a black candidate and a woman...and the republican image of a modern woman is more like this:

Close. More like this:
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/100254/100254,1300836864,1/stock-vector-caveman-dragging-his-woman-by-her-hair-he-holds-a-club-and-they-are-in-a-prehistoric-setting-73760263.jpg

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C3E2groTTSE/UJbXYM22KBI/AAAAAAAABVg/acX_FRdve3k/s1600/American-housewife-in-the-001.jpg

A well stocked liquor cabinet and a woman who actually keeps the house clean. I don't see what's so wrong.

DavidLeeNatra
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
A well stocked liquor cabinet and a woman who actually keeps the house clean. I don't see what's so wrong.

neither do I...but you made the mistake and allowed them to VOTE in 1920!!! now deal with it...

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 02:58 AM

:lmao:

I so love this......

No RePuke can come to grips with the sheer truth that a RePuke in Office actually put the People before Politics.....

:gulp:

Fucking classic.

Instead of APPLAUDING the Governor for coming together and fixing the issue, you guys instead have to assume there's sleazy political motives at hand by your own guy

Bwahahahahahahaaha......no wonder you're so beyond FUCKED as a party these days.

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 02:59 AM

If they did, they'd lose....

So by all means, please do. :)

sadaist
11-20-2012, 03:30 AM

I so love this......

No RePuke can come to grips with the sheer truth that a RePuke in Office actually put the People before Politics.....

Fucking classic.

Instead of APPLAUDING the Governor for coming together and fixing the issue, you guys instead have to assume there's sleazy political motives at hand by your own guy

Bwahahahahahahaaha......no wonder you're so beyond FUCKED as a party these days.

Oh come on man. It was so blatantly clear. Christie was thinking of his own political aspirations. I bet he would even go on to SNL if asked wearing that stupid fleece jac.......wait, nevermind.

I don't have a problem with anyone doing anything good for their constituents. But he was playing politics. he wanted this to be his Guiliani moment and set himself up for 2016.

Maybe I'm wrong and his intentions were pure. But this is the same guy that uses secret service & a governors helicopter to attend a high school sporting event and watch his kid play for a couple innings. He thinks he is the king of the eastern seaboard.

You should be proud of me for not kissing everyone in my partys ass. If I see shenanigans I'm going to call them out. Period.

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Oh come on man. It was so blatantly clear. Christie was thinking of his own political aspirations. I bet he would even go on to SNL if asked wearing that stupid fleece jac.......wait, nevermind.

I don't have a problem with anyone doing anything good for their constituents. But he was playing politics. he wanted this to be his Guiliani moment and set himself up for 2016.

Maybe I'm wrong and his intentions were pure. But this is the same guy that uses secret service & a governors helicopter to attend a high school sporting event and watch his kid play for a couple innings. He thinks he is the king of the eastern seaboard.

You should be proud of me for not kissing everyone in my partys ass. If I see shenanigans I'm going to call them out. Period.

Too funny...

Soooo..... even when a RePuke actually does well, and does what he was elected to do.....he sucks.

Welcome to our side. We brought cookies. :)

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Oh come on man. It was so blatantly clear. Christie was thinking of his own political aspirations. If I see shenanigans I'm going to call them out. Period.

So in a face to face sit down with him....you'd look him in the eye and tell him he wasn't sincere about helping his state, it was all about 2016.

right.

sadaist
11-20-2012, 03:37 AM
Remarkable. I remember you loathing all the repubs had to offer when their debates started. I guess he grew on you, huh?

I just don't get it. So he kept throwing out the random figure of 12 million new jobs out there, without a clue of how he'd produce them and what kind of jobs he was talking about (burger flipper? Corporate executive?) but, he did keep mentioning the better part of ten years being required to do so. Would this instant gratification society that was so impatient with Obama from day one be willing to wait on this guys slow drawn out plan?

Loathing is a very strong word. Dislike is more accurate and a whole lot of "WTF? Is this the best we have to offer"? I still honestly don't know who I would name if someone said I could hand pick the next President. I can't think of anyone that would be ideal all around. But I do believe Romney was the best of what was offered to us and a whole lot better than Obama.

*there were a couple guys I really didn't like though. Newt for one. You could say loathe for him. I liked the pizza guy kinda, but just because he was fun to watch. I wouldn't have voted for him. Last time I voted feeling really good about my choice was in 2000. I hope to feel that way again someday.

sadaist
11-20-2012, 03:45 AM
So in a face to face sit down with him....you'd look him in the eye and tell him he wasn't sincere about helping his state, it was all about 2016.

right.

Well no. he would squish me. Dude weighs about 5 sadaists :)

But I think you can do something good and bad at the same time. What about all the other leaders that didn't have Obama come? Were they not helping their people? Won't the federal assistance still come through? Having Obama come was just a chance to be on TV and a publicity grab. Unless somehow doing that increased the amount of funds they will get now.

He can be sincere about helping his state & see an opportunity to help himself all at the same time. Stop twisting this shit up.

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 03:49 AM

Oh come on man. It was so blatantly clear. Christie was thinking of his own political aspirations.

He can be sincere about helping his state & see an opportunity to help himself all at the same time. Stop twisting this shit up.

I aint twisting..... yer backpeddling.

sadaist
11-20-2012, 03:51 AM
Too funny...

Soooo..... even when a RePuke actually does well, and does what he was elected to do.....he sucks.

Welcome to our side. We brought cookies. :)

For fucks sake man. get the Elvis out of your vagina already. I never said he sucked. I said he took an opportunity to promote himself and his own political aspirations while in the process of doing his job of helping the state. He can do 2 things at once. Like eating a pie & a cake.

Man you are pissy tonight. You need some type of mechanical contraption to help you relax. ;)

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 03:54 AM
For fucks sake man. get the Elvis out of your vagina already. I never said he sucked. I said he took an opportunity to promote himself and his own political aspirations while in the process of doing his job of helping the state. He can do 2 things at once. Like eating a pie & a cake.

Man you are pissy tonight. You need some type of mechanical contraption to help you relax. ;)

lmmfao...

No, that's not what you said.....until after I called you out.

I aint pissy, I'm just laughing at your Romney-esque changing of your stance.....

First it was ALL political....and Fuck Him......

NOW it was also to help the people....

Gawd almighty I love watching The Right change on a dime to fit their agenda.

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Fuck Him....

Blatantly Clear.....

Oh wait....I mean he can do both....

sadaist
11-20-2012, 04:00 AM
lmmfao...

No, that's not what you said.....until after I called you out.

I aint pissy, I'm just laughing at your Romney-esque changing of your stance.....

First it was ALL political....and Fuck Him......

NOW it was also to help the people....

Gawd almighty I love watching The Right change on a dime to fit their agenda.

I still say FUCK HIM! And his fat pie eating face. And he won't get my vote in 2016. But he had this idea of "I know how I can help the state & look great & fuck Romney all at once!"

The guy is first & foremost in the Chris Christie business. And I still fail to see how going on a mini tour with Barack really helped out the wet people below much other than maybe get a few more people watching national TV to donate to the red cross. But I kinda doubt much of that since all the normal people who donate were either tapped out from the elections or already going to donate regardless.

LoungeMachine
11-20-2012, 04:07 AM
I still say FUCK HIM! And his fat pie eating face. And he won't get my vote in 2016. But he had this idea of "I know how I can help the state & look great & fuck Romney all at once!"

The guy is first & foremost in the Chris Christie business. And I still fail to see how going on a mini tour with Barack really helped out the wet people below much other than maybe get a few more people watching national TV to donate to the red cross. But I kinda doubt much of that since all the normal people who donate were either tapped out from the elections or already going to donate regardless.

Let it out, Pookie. Your anger is healthy.

You have every right to be angry....

Your party sold you out, and strapped you to a losing dogma.

But don't blame Governor Blimpy. You lost waaaay before Sandy.

And yes, by all means, don't vote for Christie in 2016. Vote 3rd party or stay home.

Thanks in advance

DLR Bridge
11-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Last time I voted feeling really good about my choice was in 2000.

d-d-d-Dubya?! Please tell me you voted for Nader that year. Just kidding. I actually had no idea how much of a boob GWB was until he got it.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh come on man. It was so blatantly clear. Christie was thinking of his own political aspirations....

So Christie waited for a hurricane, just so he could undermine Romney?

sadaist
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
So Christie waited for a hurricane, just so he could undermine Romney?

Don't you listen to George Noory? Coast-to-Coast? Certain people have the power to control the weather.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Don't you listen to George Noory? Coast-to-Coast? Certain people have the power to control the weather.

I don't often anymore. The show just isn't the same without Bell. While I found that Art Bell leaned too much to the right a lot (he once praised George W. Bush, even while Iraq was going south), I think Noory is a bit of a loon and believes every conspiracy including the 9/11-Inside Job crap. And no, no one can "control" the weather. Maybe some influence, but why would the U.S. gov't allow droughts to happen if that were the case?

FORD
11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Noory also gave an entire show to cousin "of the Devil" Ben Chertoff to shill his Hearst Publication "Popular Mechanics" 9-11 whitewash issue, so it would seem he's at least "fair and balanced" in his 9-11 conspiracy theories.

Actually, that was pretty much when I stopped listening to that crap. Not to mention I don't subscribe to XM/Sirius radio anymore (and refuse to do so until they air Mike Malloy in real time again) and AM radio is completely unlistenable at night around here.

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Coast to Coast AM is entertainment. It's a great listen if you are driving through northern Nevada at night or working late in the garage. I really don't know who would take anything on that show too seriously.

Kristy
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't often anymore. The show just isn't the same without Bell. While I found that Art Bell leaned too much to the right a lot (he once praised George W. Bush, even while Iraq was going south), I think Noory is a bit of a loon and believes every conspiracy including the 9/11-Inside Job crap. And no, no one can "control" the weather. Maybe some influence, but why would the U.S. gov't allow droughts to happen if that were the case?

I haven't listened to Coast-To-Coast in ages and part of the reason is Noory who is just terrible at attempting to fuel conspiracy theory based paranoia. If anything, Noory comes off a as gadfly for those that gullible to believe his unfounded conspiracy rhetoric - problem is, he's quite good at it. Wow, just contradicted myself there. Anyhoo, I too miss Bell for Bell had a knack of booking crackpots that Bell knew who were crackpots and just bullshitted with them for 3 hours that made for some good late night radio.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
You can get CoastToCoastAM for free by streaming or through iTunes and it's on in most markets on the typical AM news station. That's another thing I hate about that show though, they charge their gullible, 50-80 something segment of their audience to listen to past shows instead of just Podcasting them for free like everyone else...

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Noory is a sell out. He really did ruin what used to be kind of a cool radio show.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
I haven't listened to Coast-To-Coast in ages and part of the reason is Noory who is just terrible at attempting to fuel conspiracy theory based paranoia. If anything, Noory comes off a as gadfly for those that gullible to believe his unfounded conspiracy rhetoric - problem is, he's quite good at it. Wow, just contradicted myself there. Anyhoo, I too miss Bell for Bell had a knack of booking crackpots that Bell knew who were crackpots and just bullshitted with them for 3 hours that made for some good late night radio.

Bell was good at B.S.'ing his unhinged guests, but sometimes he'd go Mike Wallace on them if they pissed him off. I recall listening to a repeat sometime around Christmas over a decade ago where a Paul McGuire, a professor of religious studies at Kings College pissed him off by saying that out-of-body experiences were dangerous. I only remember because the guests name is the same as a Bills' ex-punter and NFL TV analyst and he was talking about hippy, 1960's New Age shit involving LSD and how he used to talk to 'spirit guides' on the other side that turned out to be demonic voices trying to turn him into a serial killer or something. Bell actually cut him out, which was sort of ghey. It was one of the more creepy, interesting shows I've heard...

In any case, Bell also had a flare for the dramatic, timing, a great radio voice, and was very knowledgeable. He also knew when to take it back to reality, things Noory seems to lack. I also hate that there is no more "Dreamland," the three hour Sunday night show that was on 9:00PM EST that tended to be far more condensed and interesting than the five hour overnight show...

Kristy
11-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Bell did have a talent for catering to the spooky and creepy whereas Noory caters to pseudo-science cretins who always have a book or DVD to sell at the end of the show. The big difference is that Bell also know how to pace a show even if his guests were certifiably insane and when to call shenanigans on their story. When Noory gets lost or overwhelmed he punches out a website of the guest as if to redirect [his] audience instead of questioning the guests' credentials. And I agree with you, Bell did have the best AM radio voice.

Kristy
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
In any case, Bell also had a flare for the dramatic, timing, a great radio voice, and was very knowledgeable. He also knew when to take it back to reality, things Noory seems to lack. I also hate that there is no more "Dreamland," the three hour Sunday night show that was on 9:00PM EST that tended to be far more condensed and interesting than the five hour overnight show...

Wasn't "Dreamland" Whitley Striber's show? Believe or nor I once met Whitley while walking up a flight of stairs with him in the Muenzinger Psychology Building while I was in college. He flat out introduced himself to me but I paid little attention to him seeing the guy was creepy - so much in not what he ever said but his demeanor as whole. Honestly, I did not know who he really was (or cared) until I listed to Coast-To-Coast.

jhale667
11-20-2012, 01:25 PM
You're the racist.

The "I know you are but what am I" defense. Classy.

You should be ashamed.

You first. You're long overdue.

Do you really think republicans wouldn't support JC Watts, Allen West, Alan Keyes or another black candidate over, say....Hillary Clinton?

Of course Repukes would support all the shitty candidates you just mentioned.

You're naive.

You're an idiot. Fuck off.

FORD
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Noory is a sell out. He really did ruin what used to be kind of a cool radio show.

Apparently most Coast to Coast fans agree. There's a 582 page thread titled "George Noory Sucks!" on the Art Bell message board advertised on that YouTube clip

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

sadaist
11-20-2012, 01:40 PM

i think Noory just pretends to believe everything from every guest just as a way to be non-threatening and so these guests will still appear on the show without fear of ridicule or disbelief. But I like the show. Late night, kinda scary out, listening about creepy shit. LOVE IT!

And the weather thing was a joke. but there are people who believe that shit.

As far as being on the right, I think that spot was taken now by John B Wells? The dude with the super low deep voice that fills in for Noory.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Wasn't "Dreamland" Whitley Striber's show? Believe or nor I once met Whitley while walking up a flight of stairs with him in the Muenzinger Psychology Building while I was in college. He flat out introduced himself to me but I paid little attention to him seeing the guy was creepy - so much in not what he ever said but his demeanor as whole. Honestly, I did not know who he really was (or cared) until I listed to Coast-To-Coast.

Strieber filled in, maybe even semi-permanently after one of Art's sabbaticals. But Art was definitely on during the height of his schtick...

i think Noory just pretends to believe everything from every guest just as a way to be non-threatening and so these guests will still appear on the show without fear of ridicule or disbelief. But I like the show. Late night, kinda scary out, listening about creepy shit. LOVE IT!

As far as being on the right, I think that spot was taken now by John B Wells? The dude with the super low deep voice that fills in for Noory.

Art Bell used to fill in for Noory and was to come back once in awhile as a guest host and fill-in. But he said that he didn't like the direction that the show was going and thought Noory believed a lot of the conspiracy stuff. For whatever reason, Bell no longer is affiliated with the show...

sadaist
11-20-2012, 01:55 PM
...whereas Noory caters to pseudo-science cretins who always have a book or DVD to sell at the end of the show.

WOW! You just blew my mind! I'm sitting here thinking about every guest I can remember and you are right. They always got some book or DVD they are trying to shill. Damn! LOL! You might have just ruined it for me.

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 02:00 PM

I think Art Bell looked at Coast to Coast AM as more of a project he wanted tight control of. George Noory on the other hand wants to maximize his profits. He has three studios with the latest one being in Hawaii. He also seems to know his core audience are needy, mentally unstable people so he puts on the Mr. Niceguy schtick to make his audience think he's there for them and they are special.

If Noory wasn't on radio he would be running a church somewhere.

sadaist
11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Let it out, Pookie. Your anger is healthy.

You have every right to be angry....

Your party sold you out, and strapped you to a losing dogma.

But don't blame Governor Blimpy. You lost waaaay before Sandy.

And yes, by all means, don't vote for Christie in 2016. Vote 3rd party or stay home.

Thanks in advance

Aww shit dude, "my" party sold us all out a long time ago. I just failed to see it (or didn't want to) until G.W. signed that first bailout. I look at my ideas and on paper they say I am a Republican. Then I look at the Republican party & think WTF? This can't be right. Then I listen to Ron Paul and think shit, this guy is spot on. Then I listen to him some more & think shit, dude is off his meds.

Point is I don't like any of them.

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm going to take my pseudo-science cretin girl for a whirl.....

Kristy
11-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Striber is actually worse than Noory. All of his claims of alien abduction aside, Striber rambles on and on like a street urchin paranoid schizophrenic only with a microphone and no one to challenge his absurd statements from the weather to politics. You'd think that would be some sort of quality entertainment to someone such as myself who thrives on unfounded paranoia but with Striber, it's just boring.

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Coast to Coast AM has too many commercials. It's hard to stay on the edge when Satan is about to gobble up the guy having the out of body experience when suddenly a half hour of commercials come on. George comes on. Then another half hour of commercials come on then it's back to the show.

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
It's proof if you are good at marketing, you really don't need much of a product to make a lot of money. I mean the overhead on staring is quite cheap. Anyone good at staring in here? Let's take it on the road. You need someone exotic though. I should have found a Mayan and gone around a few years back. Missed that window. Dammit!

Nitro Express
11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
The guy that is shameless on Coast to Coast AM is this Ed Dames character. He actually scares the shit out of the listeners saying that the sun is going to destroy most of the life on earth soon and if you are going to have any chance at living, you need to buy his remote viewing DVD set or attend one of his classes. LOL! Then he says he's using remote viewing to find gold and you can also predict the stock market. Well with that kind of knowledge you should be the richest person on the planet. I'm waiting to hear from some trillionare who just bought Hearst Castle from the state of California for a steal because the state is broke and needs the money say he was able to do it because of listening to Coast to Coast AM.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Creationism Controversies The Norm Among Potential Republican 2016 Contenders
By Pema Levy | TPM – 3 hrs ago

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) raised eyebrows Monday when he told GQ he couldn't answer a question about the age of the earth because "I'm not a scientist, man."

Having a top prospect for the 2016 presidential nomination say the age of the planet is "one of the great mysteries" comes at an awkward time for a party attempting to rebuild from its Nov. 6 drubbing at the hands of voters turned off by the GOP's embrace of social conservatives. But Rubio is hardly alone among potential Republican presidential contenders. Other big names for 2016 have weighed in publicly at various times over the years to position themselves as supportive of creationism proponents.

To science education advocates, these public statements fall into two categories: craven political panders to the conservative base and expressions of actual doubt in basic scientific principles. Both are disconcerting, the advocates say, and whether or not a president stands up for science has a broader impact than the education battles where creationism most often comes up.

"It's important beyond whether somebody has a direct impact on evolution [education] because it's an indicator of the way they look at the world and who they accept as reliable guides and authorities on subjects," said Dr. Eric Meikle, an anthropologist and director of education at the National Center for Science Education. "It's very important in terms of that."

For the record, Mitt Romney actually accepted the science of evolution and opposed the teaching of so-called "intelligent design" theory in science classrooms when he was governor of Massachusetts. That puts him to the left of some of the men potentially vying to be his replacement on the ticket in four years.

A look at some big names in 2016 Republican presidential speculation and what they've said about evolution or creationism:

Gov. Chris Christie (NJ)

The oft-mentioned 2016 contender -- and self-described straight shooter -- has declined open up about his thoughts on evolution. "That's none of your business," Christie said in May 2011 when asked where he comes down on evolution versus creationism.

At a town hall a week earlier, Christie said that he believed the decision to teach creationism alongside evolution should be made at the local level. A week later, Christie clarified that this position was not an endorsement of teaching creationism. "That is not to say, as it was interpreted by some that I was advocating for the teaching of creationism," Christie said. "Folks never really have a hard time figuring out when I'm advocating for something."

The Wall Street Journal story at the time pointed out that Christie's non-answer on creationism is a departure from the governor's promise not to use an "escape hatch" on the issues:

For a politician who has built a national reputation for straight talk and not shying from a fight, Christie's demurral on creationism stands out. In the past, he has said people need not wonder where he stands on an issue.

"When you guys ask me questions, I'm going to answer them directly, straightly, bluntly, and nobody in New Jersey is going to have to wonder where I am on an issue," he said a year ago, adding: "I think they've had enough of politicians who make them wonder ... They make them wonder so they got an escape hatch. So they have an escape hatch. And I'm not interested in an escape hatch."

Gov. Bobby Jindal (LA)

Jindal, a committed social conservative, has emerged lately as the potential 2016er most ready to criticize the rhetoric of the last Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney. But Jindal is no moderate, especially when it comes to evolution.

In 2008, Jindal signed into law the "Louisiana Science Education Act," a law that according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune's Annette Sisco, "cleared the way for creationism to be taught in biology class." That led groups like the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology and the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology to boycott the state as host for national conferences.

Jindal created a new firestorm around the evolution issue this summer when schools with bible-based curriculums ended up on the list of institutions included in the state's expanded voucher program. Under Jindal's education reforms, thousands of Louisiana students can use taxpayer dollars to attend schools that, as Lance Hill, executive director of Southern Institute for Education and Research, explained to Reuters in July, "use an evangelical curriculum that teaches that humans walked the earth 6,000 years ago with dinosaurs."

A biology major at Brown and a Rhodes Scholar, Jindal has endorsed the idea that local school boards should determine whether creationism or intelligent design should be taught in schools. "I don't want any facts or theories or explanations to be withheld from [my children] because of political correctness," Jindal said during a 2008 appearance on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Sen. Rand Paul (KY)

Paul is expected to take up his father's libertarian-bent presidential crusade next cycle. And like his dad, Paul has often mixed a healthy dose of social conservative outreach in with his fiscal libertarian purity.

Almost exactly like Rubio did this week, Paul demurred on the question of the earth's age back in 2010. Taking questions from a meeting of the Christian Homeschool Educators of Kentucky during his Senate campaign, Paul declined to answer the question "how old is the world?"

"I forgot to say I was only taking easy questions," Paul said. "I'm gonna pass on the age of the earth. I think, ah, I'm just gonna have to pass on that one."

Sen. Marco Rubio (FL)

Rubio's comments to GQ were unsurprising when compared with Rubio's rhetoric on creationism in the past. Facing creationist protests, the Florida Board of Education wrestled with curriculum standards in 2008 that accepted evolution as scientifically sound. Eventually, the board ruled that evolution should be taught, but only as a "scientific theory." It was a compromise decision that drew criticism from the scientific community who said it underplayed evolution's acceptance as the basis for biological science and criticism from creationists worried that it didn't go far enough to allow their theories about the creation of the world into the mix. Then-state House Speaker Rubio was on the side of creationists.

After the state Board of Education ruling, Rubio told the Florida Baptist Witness that he'd support legislation modeled on a proposal allowing teachers who so desired "to engage students in a critical analysis" of evolution. His reasoning, from the Witness:

The "crux" of the disagreement, according to Rubio, is "whether what a parent teaches their children at home should be mocked and derided and undone at the public school level. It goes to the fundamental core of who is ultimately, primarily responsible for the upbringing of children. Is it your public education system or is it your parents?"

Rubio added, "And for me, personally, I don't want a school system that teaches kids that what they're learning at home is wrong."

Rubio then "made a comparison to the strategy employed by the Communist Party in Cuba where schools encouraged children to turn in parents who criticized Fidel Castro."

"'Of course, I'm not equating the evolution people with Fidel Castro,' he quickly added," according to the Witness.

Yahoo Link

jhale667
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Anyone who advocates the teaching of creationism in schools should be severely beaten about the face and neck.

ZahZoo
11-20-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't know about that J... Creationism has enough deep roots in western culture that it shouldn't be ignored. I think presenting the whole historic picture on the concepts of how life on Earth started both scientific and spiritual is reasonable... just don't slant the presentation in any one particular angle. Let each person decide for themselves...

Nickdfresh
11-20-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't know about that J... Creationism has enough deep roots in western culture that it shouldn't be ignored. I think presenting the whole historic picture on the concepts of how life on Earth started both scientific and spiritual is reasonable... just don't slant the presentation in any one particular angle. Let each person decide for themselves...

You should know, old man. What was it like walking with dinosaurs? :)

sadaist
11-20-2012, 11:57 PM
You should know, old man. What was it like walking with dinosaurs? :)

Be nice or he'll throw his cane at you.

Za is so old.....his family photo album is hieroglyphics.

Za is so old.....the first family pet is now a fossil.

Za is so old.....his social security number is 1.

Za is so old.....he has an autographed Bible.

Za is so old.....

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 03:36 AM

All you have to do in the educational setting is teach creationism from a historical and sociological perspective. Also, it's called the THEORY of evolution for a reason. It's a theory so teach it as such.

Yes, religious beliefs run deep and they aren't just going to disappear overnight. What I'm seeing is the old religions will just reform to modern times and people will invent new silliness to believe in. I don't buy that the human race is really all that enlightened. I think we are still plenty screwed up.

BigBadBrian
11-21-2012, 07:40 AM
The "I know you are but what am I" defense. Classy.

You first. You're long overdue.

Of course Repukes would support all the shitty candidates you just mentioned.

You're an idiot. Fuck off.

Wow, you used a lot of brain-power on that intellectually-worded response, didn't you? :lmao:

Nickdfresh
11-21-2012, 10:35 AM
All you have to do in the educational setting is teach creationism from a historical and sociological perspective. Also, it's called the THEORY of evolution for a reason. It's a theory so teach it as such.

That's bullshit! The overall idea of Evolutionary Biology is a "theory", but observable natural selection and resulting change is considered scientific fact.

Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution)

Biologists agree that descent with modification is one of the most reliably established facts in science.[7] Discoveries in evolutionary biology have made a significant impact not just within the traditional branches of biology, but also in other academic disciplines (e.g., anthropology and psychology) and on society at large.[8][9]

Yes, religious beliefs run deep and they aren't just going to disappear overnight. What I'm seeing is the old religions will just reform to modern times and people will invent new silliness to believe in. I don't buy that the human race is really all that enlightened. I think we are still plenty screwed up.

So we should waste peoples' time by teaching myths as some alternative, religiously influenced science while other countries laugh at us as their children excel in the sciences? Why not teach Greek Myths, too? They are also creation theories...

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Bullshit.

Why not just teach kids that 2+2 may be 11 as well, it's an alternate point of view and as such has to be given the same weight as the truth.

There should be a law against these people using fossil fuels, that would at least make it more difficult for them to get around...

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 07:26 PM

An oft quoted and fundamental misunderstanding of the word 'theory' when used in the context of science.

The irony is that you are showing the weaknesses in the US education system in the process of trying to defend it.

You take the Jindal path and your country is fucked, game over for the American empire...

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 07:39 PM
That's bullshit! The overall idea of Evolutionary Biology is a "theory", but observable natural selection and resulting change is considered scientific fact.

So we should waste peoples' time by teaching myths as some alternative, religiously influenced science while other countries laugh at us as their children excel in the sciences? Why not teach Greek Myths, too? They are also creation theories...

We do teach greek myths. Didn't you study greek mythology in school? Why US kids don't pursue careers in science and engineering is because they don't have the math skills or such professions have not been glamorized in the media. The perception is science is for nerds but being a lawyer or a investment banker is cool so they go after those careers.

Darwin's theory of evolution was taught when I went through school and yes it can scientifically be proved animals can adapt and evolve to their surroundings. This is being taught already even by some people who go to church on Sunday.

I don't think religion is the big problem. American kids did better in the sciences when they had family dinners and blessed the food and attended church than they do now with their single parent broken homes and video game, internet, and cable TV distractions. Maybe the breakdown of the family and society in general has something to do with the poor education. When there is nobody at home to ride your ass to do your homework, then usually you aren't going to do is as a kid.

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 07:43 PM
An oft quoted and fundamental misunderstanding of the word 'theory' when used in the context of science.

The irony is that you are showing the weaknesses in the US education system in the process of trying to defend it.

You take the Jindal path and your country is fucked, game over for the American empire...

If you believe the flawed human race has all the solutions you are fucked.

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 07:47 PM
You people call yourselves liberals but really what you are buying into is communism. That is what is being sold to you little by little and you are buying it hook line and sinker. Marxism has proven itself to be a failure over and over. If you believe in it, you are fucked.

FORD
11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
You people call yourselves liberals but really what you are buying into is communism. That is what is being sold to you little by little and you are buying it hook line and sinker. Marxism has proven itself to be a failure over and over. If you believe in it, you are fucked.

You sound like you could use some of this......

http://www.fitneshrani.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/5-htp-natures.jpg

or even this, if you live in a state where it's legal now......

http://www.hemcy.at/oscommerce/images/mango_BC_Bud_Depot.jpg

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 08:00 PM
We do teach greek myths. Didn't you study greek mythology in school? Why US kids don't pursue careers in science and engineering is because they don't have the math skills or such professions have not been glamorized in the media. The perception is science is for nerds but being a lawyer or a investment banker is cool so they go after those careers.

Greek myths were not taught as an alternative possible history, they were taught as myths.

When were investment bankers ever thought as cool never mind now when they are pretty much universally despised?

And lawyers?

It's a strange bubble you live in but no offence to anyone here but the nicest possible thing you could say about either career is they are at best a necessary evil...

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 08:03 PM
You sound like you could use some of this......

Nothing like a placebo to calm the nerves... :)

FORD
11-21-2012, 08:04 PM
When were investment bankers ever thought as cool never mind now when they are pretty much universally despised?

Indeed....

The Bible has a lot more to say about greed, usury, and moneychangers than it ever did about gay weddings or anything else the religious reich gets their panties twisted up about.

LoungeMachine
11-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Indeed....

The Bible has a lot more to say about greed, usury, and moneychangers than it ever did about gay weddings or anything else the religious reich gets their panties twisted up about.

Speaking of Myths......

FORD
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Nothing like a placebo to calm the nerves... :)

Remember Sesh, you said if medicine works, it's medicine. I can personally testify that both of those work. Though I haven't used either one in several years. I'm happy that the legal weed bill passed here, but that doesn't make me any more or less likely to search for my old bong. http://www.justdaves.com/forum/images/smiles/stoner.gif

FORD
11-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Speaking of Myths......

Don't let Jesus hear you say that..... :jesuslol:

Besides, I only mentioned the Bible because Nitrous in post #123 said we shouldn't rely on the human race.... which implies that either God or the aliens are the only ones who can save your ass. But I don't know any alien scriptures, apart from "Live Long and Prosper" (Spock 3:16)

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 08:16 PM
It's liberals who live in a bubble. It's all great until someone has a different opinion and then all hell breaks loose. Also there seems to be a real smug pseudo-intellecual trip going on that we are right and everyone else is wrong. It's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry but it's a big world out there and much of it isn't going to fall into the western liberal fashion trend that has grown in Europe and North America over the past 50 years. It kind of goes out the window fast when the money runs out to support it. Socialism is great until you run out of other people's money.

Also I hope the United States Empire ends. I'm tired of sending our money overseas while it's needed here. Of course it did rebuild Europe and Japan after World War II and kept the Soviet Union from invading western Europe but those problems are gone and it's time to bring it on home.

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Remember Sesh, you said if medicine works, it's medicine. I can personally testify that both of those work. [/img]

I don't doubt that the placebo would work for something like that, it's just a bit of a dodgy area because it's so prone to abuse by quacks who then try to extend it to other more serious ailments that cannot be affected by the placebo affect and the next thing you know you're having a Steve Jobs style unnecessary death.

As for dope, I fully support everyone's right to although I haven't myself in ages. As I've said before it would now worry me as a tobacco gateway drug...

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 08:20 PM
It's liberals who live in a bubble. It's all great until someone has a different opinion and then all hell breaks loose. Also there seems to be a real smug pseudo-intellecual trip going on that we are right and everyone else is wrong.

Yeah go post this on your belief machine grandpa. :)

It's just plain wrong to write anti science bullshit on the internet of all places.

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Don't let Jesus hear you say that..... :jesuslol:

Besides, I only mentioned the Bible because Nitrous in post #123 said we shouldn't rely on the human race.... which implies that either God or the aliens are the only ones who can save your ass. But I don't know any alien scriptures, apart from "Live Long and Prosper" (Spock 3:16)

The human race is going to die off. It will happen. It's nature. Nature will do us in and there isn't a damn thing we are going to do about it. On a universal scale we are nothing. In fact, our arrogance may just speed the process up. We aren't going to fix shit until we raise ourselves up to a higher ethical and moral level. We aren't there. Not even close. It's all about control. The liberals was control. Certain right wing factions want control. Everyone has their excuse. The liberals believe in pseudo science based on fudged data. The religious people believe in scripture. Pseudo science is just the new fairy tale being sold. The new Satan is carbon dioxide. Honestly, we think we can save a planet that we actually still know very little about. Oh atheists believe in God. They believe man is God and can fix everything with what little proof his has on a little planet in a very huge universe. That's a pretty wimpy God.

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah go post this on your belief machine grandpa. :)

It's just plain wrong to write anti science bullshit on the internet of all places.

I don't have any grand kids so how can I be a grandpa? Come on Shesh. You believe in science. You just made a statement without knowing the facts. For being into the scientific method and facts, you are sure sloppy.

Nitro Express
11-21-2012, 08:29 PM
This is upper hell. Satan rules this world.

LoungeMachine
11-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Jesus is just a guy who cuts my lawn.....

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
The human race is going to die off. It will happen. It's nature.

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 08:39 PM

I think my guy is called Bruce. :)

He's Australian anyway...

Nickdfresh
11-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Apparently most Coast to Coast fans agree. There's a 582 page thread titled "George Noory Sucks!" on the Art Bell message board advertised on that YouTube clip

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html

Wow, that thread has been rolling for four years...

Nickdfresh
11-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Striber is actually worse than Noory. All of his claims of alien abduction aside, Striber rambles on and on like a street urchin paranoid schizophrenic only with a microphone and no one to challenge his absurd statements from the weather to politics. You'd think that would be some sort of quality entertainment to someone such as myself who thrives on unfounded paranoia but with Striber, it's just boring.

Witless Streiber is a dumb fucking New Age Aliens-whore that could make a hot lesbian orgy dull simply by narrating it...

I mean, Art was an old whore to an extent, but his Barnum and Bailey showmanship made you forget your skepticism and sent chills up my spine even when recounting mundane 'aliens are going to take us over' cliches...

Nickdfresh
11-21-2012, 11:00 PM
We do teach greek myths. Didn't you study greek mythology in school?...

Yes, in fucking English class, not in science class...

Nickdfresh
11-21-2012, 11:03 PM

WTF are you rambling on about? Teaching Evolution is "communism?" Is the reason that your here so much and in every thread is that real people think you're a complete non sequitur lunatic?

Satan
11-21-2012, 11:08 PM
This is upper hell. Satan rules this world.

I do??

Well, I wish someone would tell the banksters and the "defense" industry about that. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

BigBadBrian
11-22-2012, 09:02 AM

And under-pay him and don't give a damn because he's brown. You fucking racist bastard! :fighting0056:

LoungeMachine
11-22-2012, 01:45 PM
And under-pay him and don't give a damn because he's brown. You fucking racist bastard! :fighting0056:

I can't have any illegals working for me, I'm running for office, for Pete's sake.

Dr. Love
11-22-2012, 01:45 PM
I'd like to see Huntsman or Johnson run in 2016 ... but I'm afraid they are too reasonable for the modern Republican party.

LoungeMachine
11-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Ask most Republicans and they'd say they thought Huntsman was a Dem...

I think Jeb will run, and we could see another Clinton/Bush matchup, which pretty much tells the world "look, we give up, there's really only 2 families here"

Little Texan
11-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I think my guy is called Bruce. :)

He's Australian anyway...

Bruce Almighty? :biggrin:

sadaist
11-23-2012, 04:54 AM

He is also a co-worker of mine. 2 weeks ago my truck wouldn't start & he gave me a jump start. Nice guy. He wants to start up his own mobile detailing business.

Just think, my truck could be "Cleansed by Jesus"!