WARF
11-15-2012, 09:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9RzXM.jpg

WARF
11-15-2012, 09:38 PM
uh huh u hu h uh uh u huh u hu huh u huh uh uh

78/84 guy
11-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Bored are we ? I think I saw him at at San Diego zoo.

WARF
11-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Bored are we ? I think I saw him at at San Diego zoo.

Did you club him?

78/84 guy
11-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Did you club him?

No, but I would love to club his wife and drag her back to my cave ! Is it ex wife ?

sadaist
11-16-2012, 04:24 AM
No, but I would love to club his wife and drag her back to my cave ! Is it ex wife ?

It's 'whore'.

Hardrock69
11-16-2012, 05:00 AM
:lmao:

Kristy
11-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Talk about a man who's career has been on the decline. I have always like Seal but when he can offer nothing but album after album of Motown standards and 70's soul hits which I guess must be for easy money to pay his divorce lawyers off then it's time to hang up the flippers for good.

chefcraig
11-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Talk about a man who's career has been on the decline. I have always like Seal but when he can offer nothing but album after album of Motown standards and 70's soul hits which I guess must be for easy money to pay his divorce lawyers off then it's time to hang up the flippers for good.

Exchange the words "Motown standards and 70's soul hits" for "American Songbook" and you've pretty much managed to sum up the rather dubious past decade of Rod Stewart's career. And this from a guy whose first 4 or 5 albums helped define my listening habits and general attitude toward all things musical around 40 years ago. Christ, how the mighty have fallen.

Kristy
11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Stewart's decline happened when he moved from the UK to LA @1975-ish where he snake-shed his blue collar skin for the American opulence lifestyle. There is a picture of him somewhere that I can find of Stewart sitting poolside with Jimmy Carter's fuck-ugly daughter. I know there are some hardcore musicologist who say 'Atlantic Crossing' was the beginning of the end for Stewart but I say it's what came after 'Atlantic' was complete drek (it pretty much stayed that way). I for one, rather enjoyed Atlantic Crossing although this album really was lame attempt at American consumer cultism in that Stewart covers of 'This Old Heart Of Mine' and 'Drift Away' were in good taste to where he is now believing he is some sort of Scottish version of Tony Bennet revamping songs fist made famous by Andy Williams. Has he fallen? Maybe. He certainly does not belt out his own hits like 'Stay With Me' Maggie' or 'Mandolin Wind' like he used to do. Think I'll play my copy of Atlantic Crossing (if I can find it) and drift away for a while myself.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7leorj9Z8Zk/TZ7etIh6g8I/AAAAAAAALxE/gnzTOGbf6bk/s400/rod-stewart-atlantic-crossing.jpg

chefcraig
11-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Atlantic Crossing was the last gasp for me. Although the album contained Danny Whitten's heartbreaking "I Don't Want To Talk About It", it otherwise was a total waste of time. Shit, even Robin Trower and Jimmy Dewar did a better version of "Sailing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXsuZsN5kg

twonabomber
11-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Exchange the words "Motown standards and 70's soul hits" for "American Songbook" and you've pretty much managed to sum up the rather dubious past decade of Rod Stewart's career. And this from a guy whose first 4 or 5 albums helped define my listening habits and general attitude toward all things musical around 40 years ago. Christ, how the mighty have fallen.

I blame that more on Clive Davis. He's had Rod Stewart make the same record for the last ten years. Santana, too. And Davis is supposed to be some fucking genius?

binnie
11-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Seal's voice is incredible, but he's made some unusual career choices of late.....