PDA

View Full Version : Who will the democRATS nominate in 2016

BigBadBrian
11-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Who will the DemocRATS nominate for POTUS in 2016?

Terry
11-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Out of that list, Hillary is the only plausible nominee...

It ain't gonna be Biden, that much is for certain.

sadaist
11-17-2012, 09:25 AM
All I know is that what Chris Christie did to make sure Mitt didn't win so he could have his shot at 2016 was about the weakest thing I've seen in a while. He might as well not run because he won't ever get my vote now. I think a lot of Repubs feel the same. So the Dems don't have to worry about dealing with him in 4 years. Should make it easier.

Satan
11-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Biden is too old, so is Hillary. And there's no way the Democratic base is going to support useless turds like Bayh or Warner.

The recent election favored actual Democrats over the DLC blue dog impostors. Hopefully this means the true Demoncratic Party is making a comeback.

So this Devil isn't going to predict a nominee just yet..... but I'd say the odds are 66.6% in favor of a female nominee next time.

Dr. Love
11-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Howard Dean - yeaarrrgghhh!

Satan
11-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Howard Dean - yeaarrrgghhh!

We can only hope. Sadly, I don't think he's interested anymore. Damn shame, because he would have been one HELL of a President if he hadn't been stabbed in the back by those DLC turds who claim to be members of his own party. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Va Beach VH Fan
11-17-2012, 03:13 PM
It's Hillary's Presidency unless she refuses to run.....

Satan
11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I think Hillary's done with Washington DC. She's already said on multiple occasions that she wouldn't do more than one term at the State Dept, and considering how much she's visibly aged during her time on that job, I don't think she's up to another Presidential campaign.

She probably won't entirely disappear from the national scene, though I don't think she loves the crowd the way that Bill does.

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Well you would know... ;)

Nickdfresh
11-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Her departure from the State Dept. could also be the beginning of her run for president...

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 03:28 PM
All I know is that what Chris Christie did to make sure Mitt didn't win so he could have his shot at 2016 was about the weakest thing I've seen in a while. He might as well not run because he won't ever get my vote now. I think a lot of Repubs feel the same. So the Dems don't have to worry about dealing with him in 4 years. Should make it easier.

If you can't become president without having a full head of hair is it possible when you are a fat fuck?

Apparently 7 out of the last 8 elections were won by the candidate with the best groomed eyebrows.

Maybe Romney should go pluck himself...

Nitro Express
11-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Hillary is aging fast. In four more years she will look like an old hag.

Nitro Express
11-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Since the media can make a president these days, it can be anyone. Craft a hispanic female superstar and there you go.

Little Texan
11-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Hillary is aging fast. In four more years she will look like an old hag.
She doesn't look like one NOW?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01681/hillaryClinton_1681075c.jpg

DavidLeeNatra
11-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Who will the Democrats nominate for POTUS in 2016?

somebody who will win again...

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 06:34 AM
somebody who will win again...

Probably not. It's extremely hard for a party to win 3 times in a row.

Seshmeister
11-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Less hard when they are running against the christian taliban...

DavidLeeNatra
11-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Probably not. It's extremely hard for a party to win 3 times in a row.

the problem with the republicans is that they believe they own the parking lot in front of the west wing. but you have to earn it. romney stumbled over his own arrogance. your country has changed but some of YOU still think it's 1776...

Seshmeister
11-21-2012, 06:19 AM
It's Hillary's Presidency unless she refuses to run.....

Last time she ran some of her first campaign ads were about banning video games because they were too violent.

Is that the kind of nonsense people want? In the 1960s she would have been one of those busybody women trying to ban the Beatles...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-21-2012, 08:17 AM
the problem with the republicans is that they believe they own the parking lot in front of the west wing. but you have to earn it. romney stumbled over his own arrogance. your country has changed but some of YOU still think it's 1776...

Frankly, the Republicans could have easily won the last two elections if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot....

If McCain would have chosen someone, ANYONE, other than fuckin' Palin, it's very plausible that they win....

And this time, honestly, they could have ran McCain again and he would have done better than Romney....

DLR Bridge
11-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Cuomo. I'm calling it.

FORD
11-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Cuomo. I'm calling it.

Let's hope not... he's just the NY version of Evan Bayh. The son of a famous Democrat who turned into a useless DINO.

sadaist
11-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Out of that list, Hillary is the only plausible nominee...

I agree. But Hillary is tired. She is seriously ready for fundraisers, speaking at colleges, speaking at corporate events for a giant paycheck, sleeping in and going to wine parties every evening. She deserves it. Like her or not she has dedicated her entire life thus far to public work and she has earned a retirement.

But maybe the next couple years off she will recharge? Perhaps. But I think in her mind right now she is honestly ready to unplug the damn phone and just chill for a while.

BigBadBrian
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Let's hope not... he's just the NY version of Evan Bayh. The son of a famous Democrat who turned into a useless DINO.

FORD, you're just going to have to realize that most Democrats aren't out on the Left-wing fringe like you are. Except that idiot jhale. He's King of the Moonbats!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r9OO1T4HoVQ/Tk-_TuRi7nI/AAAAAAAAF6Q/dPehGTJVYZY/s1600/barking_moonbat3.jpg

Terry
11-25-2012, 11:19 AM
It is a bit too far out to say Hillary has a lock on winning the nomination, though...I mean, she was considered a lock even as far back as 2004 (and many dems in fact wanted her to run in 2004) and out of nowhere comes a guy in Chicago who nobody had ever heard of and ends up besting her...

A lot can happen in four years, and with Democrats it can often be people you've never even heard of who end up surprising the pundits (one would labor in vain to find much of anything in the way of even mentioning Jimmy Cater in any news accounts following the immediate wake of McGovern being blown out in 1972).

Satan
11-25-2012, 01:11 PM
It is a bit too far out to say Hillary has a lock on winning the nomination, though...I mean, she was considered a lock even as far back as 2004 (and many dems in fact wanted her to run in 2004) and out of nowhere comes a guy in Chicago who nobody had ever heard of and ends up besting her...

A lot can happen in four years, and with Democrats it can often be people you've never even heard of who end up surprising the pundits (one would labor in vain to find much of anything in the way of even mentioning Jimmy Cater in any news accounts following the immediate wake of McGovern being blown out in 1972).

Obama pretty much followed Bill Clinton's model.... Bill delivered the keynote speech at the DNC in 1988 and then ran 4 years later. He probably would have been a better candidate than Dukakis even then. Everybody was looking at Obama as a potential candidate the minute after he finished his speech at the 2004 convention... though most were thinking he would be a few years down the road, probably 2016 or 2020.

So with Carter, Clinton, and Obama that's pretty much a precedent of Democratic Presidents who were virtually unheard of (at least on a national basis) 4 years before they ran for the job.

Ironically enough, the big speech this year was from Bill Clinton.... so that means the next President won't be the guy who gave the big speech at the last gig.

BigBadBrian
11-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Martin O'Malley / Kristen Gillibrand ...there's your 2016 ticket, Dems.

Satan
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Martin O'Malley / Kristen Gillibrand ...there's your 2016 ticket, Dems.

Great.... a guy born and raised inside the Beltway, and a senator from New York. Yeah, that will inspire the rest of the country.

The Demoncrats need to have at least one person on that ticket from the western half of the country. Strategically, the Mountain time zone, since the west coast states are solid blue anyway.

I'm actually scratching my horns trying to figure out why Bill Richardson didn't get a better shot at the title last time around. His resume put both Obama and Hillary to shame.

Brian Schweitzer, the governor of Montana, might be a possibility. And he hates Shittizens United, which would be a plus for the Demoncratic party base. But I think Richardson might have the edge because of the battle over the Latino vote.

Seshmeister
11-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Frankly, the Republicans could have easily won the last two elections if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot....

If McCain would have chosen someone, ANYONE, other than fuckin' Palin, it's very plausible that they win....

And this time, honestly, they could have ran McCain again and he would have done better than Romney....

But look at the other candidates.

If you had put that cast together for a comedy movie it would have been too far fetched.

FORD
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
But look at the other candidates.

If you had put that cast together for a comedy movie it would have been too far fetched.

You should e mail Mel Brooks with that idea. It sounds like something he could pull off.

Seshmeister
11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Bachman 'I'm not really a witch'.

Santorum?

The pizza guy?

Gingrich, the ultimate in scumbag whoring hypocrites.

Perry?

These people were ridiculous caricatures...