PDA

View Full Version : Kendall NOT going to the Padres...

POJO_Risin
01-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Okay...that's a lot of money...

um...

can someone tell me how in the fuck Pittsburgh signed Kendall to this big a contract AFTER his foot fell off?

Good catcher though...to bad he couldn't end up playing in his hometown...

redblkwht
01-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Good, this is what the cubs really want as catcher
not rodriguez..
thats why their sitting on walker & grudz..
we dont need (2) 2nd baseman.
let see what happens soon for cthe north side~
a package deal happens soon trust me.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Sure RBW, you can have him, even up for Prior, OK .... ;)

But this fookin thing was a DONE deal... GM's had already agreed on it, the press releases were already finished (but not handed out), and all that was needed was the owner's approval....

That's where is got killed....

They didn't want to spend the extra money he's getting paid for the last two years of the contract....

So it's dead, and not to return, at least with the Padres....

The thing that kills me is that Kendall offered to restructure his contract just to get the damn thing finished, and they still balked !!!!

Tell me that fucker don't want to get the hell out of the 'Burgh...

And I can't say that I blame him....

I know Kendall's a hard-nose player and all that, but can you imagine how he'll be when he gets to spring training ???

Lou
01-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Kendall might be better served as a DH in the American League, in my opinion.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Nah, he's an above average catcher, although those of us who've watched him a lot over the years knows that the press overrates his defensive abilities...

And, the guy will hit .300 for ya, just not many of those being more than singles....

POJO_Risin
01-15-2004, 10:06 PM
He's an okay catcher...

I'm surprised they haven't tried to move him to another position...not that they don't have any other catching prospects to speak of...perhaps second or center...

whatever...he's not going anywhere anytime soon...