PDA

View Full Version : Extreme couponer attacked by store manager

Little Texan
11-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Couponer Says She Was Attacked By Store Manager

Posted on: 12:44 pm, November 23, 2012, by Staff Writer

Link (http://fox2now.com/2012/11/23/couponer-says-she-was-attacked-by-store-manager/)

MEMPHIS, TN (WREG) – A confrontation between a Dollar Tree manager and an extreme couponer turns violent. One customer is beaten and bruised, and the store manager is now facing charges.

The incident happened Wednesday at the Dollar Tree in Germantown, and it was all caught on tape.

“It’s a little fuzzy,” Melissa Monzo-Marte said about her eye.” As you see I have broken blood vessels and a fat lip.”

Melissa is an extreme couponer. She says she and her friend, Jennifer Hill, got more than they bargained for when they tried to cash in on some deals at the Dollar Tree in Germantown.

“She was getting ready to buy 25 Advil and I think about 25 Olay bars,” Melissa said.

The two women say the store manager refused to honor their coupons, despite a sign by the front door that says Dollar Tree honors manufacturer’s coupons.

“We were told we were harassing her (the manager) using those coupons and she threatened to call the cops,” Jennifer said.

The resistance came as a shock to Melissa and Jennifer who are no strangers to the coupon game. They have been recognized for donating hundreds of dollars worth of goods to charities, and they say they save their families thousands of dollars a year.

They even have their own Facebook page called the Desoto County Coupon Club.

So Jennifer says she knows her coupons should have been accepted.

After asking why her coupons were rejected and getting no answer, she decided to hit the record button on her iPhone.

On the recording you hear a woman tell Jennifer she can’t use the coupons, and tell her “you better make like water and get to running.”

So Jennifer left, but Melissa stayed behind.

“I was still collecting all my coupons at the bottom of the basket,” she said.

As Melissa walked out the door, the cell phone video captures her getting attacked.

“I felt the tug of the hair and her fist on the back of my head. Then she spun me around. That’s where she hit me in the eye and the face,” she said.

The store manager, police identify as 32 year-old Shauna Shipman, was charged with misdemeanor assault.

“Who would have thought we are trying to save money for our family?” Monzo-Marte asked.” We donate to everywhere and this happens.”

A bad end to a trip they thought would be a good deal.

Melissa said on this Thanksgiving she’s thankful the attack wasn’t worse. She says police told her the store manager had a box cutter on her.

We tried to call Dollar Tree for comment, but we didn’t get a call back.

Little Texan
11-26-2012, 02:23 AM
I've waited in line behind one of these couponing fucks before and I wanted to do the same thing to them for all of my time they were wasting, but for a store manager to do this to a customer? There has to be more to this than a couple of ladies trying to use a few too many coupons in a dollar store.

Nickdfresh
11-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I think 'extreme couponers' should be beaten, actually...

WARF
11-26-2012, 08:19 AM
I just joined her coupon group!

Nickdfresh
11-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I have nothing against coupons and essentially used an "e"-one over the weekend at Advance Auto. I do hate stupid jackoffs that hold up lines. More than extreme couponers, I hate stupid couponers that can't figure out the fine print and the basic notion that coupons aren't for use with stuff already on sale and that is plainly stated on said coupon, and they sit there an argue and act stupid wasting my time and that of the others in line. I also think people are retards for using a coupon for the sake of using a coupon to buy crap they never would think of buying ordinarily...

Kristy
11-26-2012, 10:53 AM
I've waited in line behind one of these couponing fucks before and I wanted to do the same thing to them for all of my time they were wasting, but for a store manager to do this to a customer? There has to be more to this than a couple of ladies trying to use a few too many coupons in a dollar store.

Typical intellect of your average Texan right there. That state can't succeed fast enough.

Angel
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Typical intellect of your average Texan right there. That state can't succeed fast enough.

Succeed...or secede?

ZahZoo
11-26-2012, 12:57 PM
They've had plenty of succeed in Texas... great state and all my kids were born there.

But they'll never secede. It's an urban myth that Texas retained some right to secession. It was challenged in the US Supreme court in Texas -vs- White back in 1869. More detail in the secession thread in the Front Line if interested.

Kristy
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Either or - as long as Texas goes away. Not sure Mexico would want that godforsaken state.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Either or - as long as Texas goes away. Not sure Mexico would want that godforsaken state.

Christ you're bitter.... Is there anything you like?

envy_me
11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
How does the coupon system work in your country? Do poor people get them from the state? Or are these coupons like offers that you cut out from papers and magazines?

envy_me
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
And these "extreme couponers", are they aware that if they are abusing the system, people will get sick of it and change the system. Then they'll end up with nothing.

Kristy
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Why I like YOU, Va Beach VH Fan

ZahZoo
11-26-2012, 02:19 PM
How does the coupon system work in your country? Do poor people get them from the state? Or are these coupons like offers that you cut out from papers and magazines?

These are just free coupons from papers, magazines, junk mail and manufacturer web marketing.

No one is abusing this deal... but there are people who might bring 50 coupons in for a given item and buy 50 of them. So they buy in large quantities in a single purchase. I've seen 2 people with 3 carts full of stuff doing this... then they tie up a cash register to check out with all this stuff and it irritates others who have to wait for all that to be processed.

envy_me
11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
These are just free coupons from papers, magazines, junk mail and manufacturer web marketing.

No one is abusing this deal... but there are people who might bring 50 coupons in for a given item and buy 50 of them. So they buy in large quantities in a single purchase. I've seen 2 people with 3 carts full of stuff doing this... then they tie up a cash register to check out with all this stuff and it irritates others who have to wait for all that to be processed.

Oh, okay.
I've seen this show that you have in America. It's called Wife Swap or something like that. And there was this one lady that was crazy about coupons. She bought groceries for a large amount of money, and with coupons payed maybe 20% of the amount.
The shops can't make any money off of her.
Ok if she was poor, but she wasn't.

WARF
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM

Little Texan is one of our best posters here.

ZahZoo
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh, okay.
I've seen this show that you have in America. It's called Wife Swap or something like that. And there was this one lady that was crazy about coupons. She bought groceries for a large amount of money, and with coupons payed maybe 20% of the amount.

Well the stores turn around and are reimbursed by the manufacturer plus I think stores get a few cents for processing costs.

envy_me
11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Well the stores turn around and are reimbursed by the manufacturer plus I think stores get a few cents for processing costs.

It wouldn't hold if everybody did that. And it's probably not coming out of the shop owners pocket. It's probably some poor factory in china that's paying for it.
Oh well, it is what it is :-)

Little Texan
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Oops, hit the wrong button. I didn't mean to thank the sourpuss. Anyway, what is that supposed to mean? I see you're from Colorado, and having visited there on vacation before, I know that Coloradans have an irrational hatred of Texas for some strange reason. Have you ever even been to Texas before? I'll bet not, just like you've never been to Wisconsin and you hate that state, too, but it seems that you hate everyone and everything, so that's not much of a surprise.

My state has its share of idiots and crazies, but so does just about every other state in the union. Because of the sheer size of this state, we just happen to have more than most states. That said, I've visited quite a few other states on vacation in my life, and while most of them were cool and nice to visit, I wouldn't want to live in any one of them, and there is no other place I would rather be than Texas. If you don't like it then you can kiss my dick, sourpuss.

It's funny that you're trying insult my intellect and in the same sentence you can't even correctly spell "secede". You're right though. While Texas is already very successful, we can't succeed fast enough!

Little Texan
11-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Either or - as long as Texas goes away. Not sure Mexico would want that godforsaken state.I hate to disappoint you, but Texas isn't going anywhere. We would, however, very much appreciate it if your hater ass would go away.

Kristy
11-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I see you're from Colorado, and having visited there on vacation before, I know that Coloradans have an irrational hatred of Texas for some strange reason. Have you ever even been to Texas before? I'll bet not, just like you've never been to Wisconsin and you hate that state, too, but it seems that you hate everyone and everything, so that's not much of a surprise.

Because you're FAT, rude, can't drive, can't ski (in fact, Texans clog up the ski lines), and complain like little pussies when a snow flurry comes along and can never shut the fuck up because for some odd reason, you have to tell EVERYONE how great a shithole like Texas is. And yes, I have been there. No much to see in terms of culture - just a bunch of FAT fucks stuffing their even fatter faces from fast food troughs.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpaH9kdwLpMFdjWdXBlOIi2CD22fg3z LDRtGkoZ39--GrQDjQg-w

No wonder that Texas ranks last in high school diplomas. I bet you're one of them. Oh, and I have been to Wisconsin. I'll take that over Texas anyday.

Little Texan
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Because you're FAT, rude, can't drive, can't ski (in fact, Texans clog up the ski lines), and complain like little pussies when a snow flurry comes along and can never shut the fuck up because for some odd reason, you have to tell EVERYONE how great a shithole like Texas is. And yes, I have been there. No much to see in terms of culture - just a bunch of FAT fucks stuffing their even fatter faces from fast food troughs.

No wonder that Texas ranks last in high school diplomas. I bet you're one of them. Oh, and I have been to Wisconsin. I'll take that over Texas anyday.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/denco428/kristy.jpg

Nice generalization. You're probably basing this on one little hole in the wall town where you went into a fast food restaurant and happened to see fat people stuffing their fat faces. Well, I've got news for you...MOST of the people in the U.S. are FAT and you can go into a fast food joint in any town in any state and see the same exact thing. You see, that's why they are fat...they eat shit food at a shit restaurant. Texas doesn't have a patent on fatasses eating at fast food joints. Also, many people in other states can't drive worth a fuck, also not exclusive to Texas. In fact, all of the negatives that you stated are not exclusive to Texas, it's that way EVERYWHERE. But, you are entitled to your hateful opinion, however misguided and wrong it may be.

All I know is all this constant negativity from you has worn way thin, and I think I speak for most everyone here when I say we are quite sick of it and you.

Kristy
11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Trust me, you cannot generalize a place like Texas.
http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4c3c7a547f8b9a6a778f0200/fat-texas.jpg

Little Texan
11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Trust me, you cannot generalize a place like Texas.

Whatever. I'm bored with you and your petty hatefulness.

I believe Dave wrote this song about a woman like you...

Kristy
11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/denco428/kristy.jpg

MOST of the people in the U.S. are FAT

Not where I live
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20120813/state-obesity-rankings-no-winners

WARF
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I like Texas!

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-qtPRzO_R0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-qtPRzO_R0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:popcorn:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Why I like YOU, Va Beach VH Fan

She'll do....

:winkglasses:

Hardrock69
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Oops, hit the wrong button. I didn't mean to thank the sourpuss. Anyway, what is that supposed to mean? I see you're from Colorado, and having visited there on vacation before, I know that Coloradans have an irrational hatred of Texas for some strange reason. Have you ever even been to Texas before? I'll bet not, just like you've never been to Wisconsin and you hate that state, too, but it seems that you hate everyone and everything, so that's not much of a surprise.

My state has its share of idiots and crazies, but so does just about every other state in the union. Because of the sheer size of this state, we just happen to have more than most states. That said, I've visited quite a few other states on vacation in my life, and while most of them were cool and nice to visit, I wouldn't want to live in any one of them, and there is no other place I would rather be than Texas. If you don't like it then you can kiss my dick, sourpuss.

It's funny that you're trying insult my intellect and in the same sentence you can't even correctly spell "secede". You're right though. While Texas is already very successful, we can't succeed fast enough!

You honestly think she is going to compliment anything or anyone here?

She does not care who is here....where they are from...what they do....

She is a troll...

Trolls have one mission.....to create posts on messageboards that are full of irrational hatred and self-righteous misery.

But, in keeping with time-honored tradition, we usually have a troll around here that can be used as a verbal punching bag.

If she wants that dubious distinction, well, she already has it whether she wants it or not.

As for the subject at hand, there is nothing wrong with using coupons as long as they are used legitimately.
If you abide by the rules, and you can buy 100 bucks worth of food for 20 bucks, more power to ya.

That store manager should have had her ass kicked.

Hardrock69
11-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Texas is a great place. The Troll cannot comprehend this, so it bleats and bitches and moans.

ZahZoo
11-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh, okay.

No, no... Wife Swap is a reality show where they take one bat-shit crazy woman and swap her for another bat-shit crazy woman and switch homes... then they document these nut-jobs abusing the poor children and husbands for a week. Then everyone is reunited and they get all emotional and count their blessings...

Seshmeister
11-27-2012, 10:53 AM
They always match up couples who have nothing in common so that they fight.

The trick would be to lie like crazy during the audition process - 'I'm a religious nut, with a fear of hot naked women who hates people cleaning my house'...

Kristy
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Texas is a great place. The Troll cannot comprehend this, so it bleats and bitches and moans.

Yeah, Tex-ass is a wonderful place to be. I'm afraid the troll in me may have judged that shith....er, state to harshly. I mean, think of all the culture in Tex-ass offers like witnessing the populace being diagnosed with type II diabetes right before you eyes, their racist police force and that Tex-ass educational system - editing out people like Thomas Jefferson from their high school history books.

FORD
11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Texas is the reason that the President's dead.....

BigBadBrian
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4c3c7a547f8b9a6a778f0200/fat-texas.jpg

Why did you post a pic of your father and uncles?

ODShowtime
11-30-2012, 05:08 PM

double penetrations?