PDA

View Full Version : The War on Men

ZahZoo
11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Surprisingly this was researched and written by a woman...

The battle of the sexes is alive and well. According to Pew Research Center, the share of women ages eighteen to thirty-four that say having a successful marriage is one of the most important things in their lives rose nine percentage points since 1997 – from 28 percent to 37 percent. For men, the opposite occurred. The share voicing this opinion dropped, from 35 percent to 29 percent.

Believe it or not, modern women want to get married. Trouble is, men don’t.

The so-called dearth of good men (read: marriageable men) has been a hot subject in the media as of late. Much of the coverage has been in response to the fact that for the first time in history, women have become the majority of the U.S. workforce. They’re also getting most of the college degrees. The problem? This new phenomenon has changed the dance between men and women.

As the author of three books on the American family and its intersection with pop culture, I’ve spent thirteen years examining social agendas as they pertain to sex, parenting, and gender roles. During this time, I’ve spoken with hundreds, if not thousands, of men and women. And in doing so, I’ve accidentally stumbled upon a subculture of men who’ve told me, in no uncertain terms, that they’re never getting married. When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren’t women anymore.

To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven’t changed much – they had no revolution that demanded it – but women have changed dramatically.

In a nutshell, women are angry. They’re also defensive, though often unknowingly. That’s because they’ve been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

Now the men have nowhere to go.

It is precisely this dynamic – women good/men bad – that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s.

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is – hold on to your seats – women’s fault?

You’ll never hear that in the media. All the articles and books (and television programs, for that matter) put women front and center, while men and children sit in the back seat. But after decades of browbeating the American male, men are tired. Tired of being told there’s something fundamentally wrong with them. Tired of being told that if women aren’t happy, it’s men’s fault.

Contrary to what feminists like Hanna Rosin, author of The End of Men, say, the so-called rise of women has not threatened men. It has pissed them off. It has also undermined their ability to become self-sufficient in the hopes of someday supporting a family. Men want to love women, not compete with them. They want to provide for and protect their families – it’s in their DNA. But modern women won’t let them.

It’s all so unfortunate – for women, not men. Feminism serves men very well: they can have sex at hello and even live with their girlfriends with no responsibilities whatsoever.

It’s the women who lose. Not only are they saddled with the consequences of sex, by dismissing male nature they’re forever seeking a balanced life. The fact is, women need men’s linear career goals – they need men to pick up the slack at the office – in order to live the balanced life they seek.

So if men today are slackers, and if they’re retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they’ve played to bring about this transformation.

Fortunately, there is good news: women have the power to turn everything around. All they have to do is surrender to their nature – their femininity – and let men surrender to theirs.

If they do, marriageable men will come out of the woodwork.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2DLa3hMez

sadaist
11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
In a nutshell, women are angry.

No way. I don't believe it. Someone get Kristy in here to clear this up for us.

*but I'd be angry too if I were in a nutshell.

Dave's Bitch
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't blame men today not wanting to get married,A lot of women today are bitches

ELVIS
11-26-2012, 03:22 PM
You don't think a lot of them always have been ??

Dave's Bitch
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't know.I am all about equality but it seems a good share of modern women like that want to be superior

Kristy
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
In a nutshell, women are angry. They’re also defensive, though often unknowingly.

Really? Haven't noticed. I know why: most men are immature, irresponsible and ghey.

That’s because they’ve been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

And where is the research to support this absurd statement?

Most go back to living with their mothers because they don't want to work or have a girlfriend to sponge off of anymore.

It is precisely this dynamic – women good/men bad – that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s. Again, lame Neanderthal propaganda. There is no "dynamic" here. And what proper journalists uses the work "heck" as an argument presupposition?

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is – hold on to your seats – women’s fault?

Methinks this journalists is middle-aged, out of shape and has been rejected one to many times. So he blames feminists for his own shortcomings.

Crappy article you found Zah.

Coyote
11-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't blame men today not wanting to get married,A lot of women today are bitches

Not all of them. Just the ones who desperately try to prove they also have balls...

ThrillsNSpills
11-26-2012, 03:49 PM

Fox news

Kristy
11-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Exactly!

envy_me
11-26-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't think that a persons qualities have anything to do with what gender they are.

In society men have more benefits then women, and some women might be bitter about that. I understand that, but you can't be mad at individial men for that. It's not the individuals fault, and they alone can't do anything about it.

What is a feminist? Many people associate it with these agressive women who want men to be submissive. I am feminist in sense that I am for equality and against discrimination.

Here we have this huge trend of gender neutral. I am against that. We are different and it shouldn't be denied. Even if we are different, one isn't better then the other. It's okay to be different :-)

Coyote
11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Methinks this journalists is middle-aged, out of shape and has been rejected one to many times. So he blames feminists for his own shortcomings.

Since when was Suzanne a mans name?

Dave's Bitch
11-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Not all of them. Just the ones who desperately try to prove they also have balls...

I guess so yes.I don't like that kind of woman at all.As much as some people would prefer otherwise men and women are different.I am not into proving I am as good as everyone else,I like someone i can have a good time with

Kristy
11-26-2012, 03:56 PM
What is a feminist? Many people associate it with these aggressive women who want men to be submissive. I am feminist in sense that I am for equality and against discrimination.

Most that I unfortunately run to are overweight, unemployed middle-aged bull dykes who quote you the lyrics to ever Indigo Girls song but have no clue as to Gloria Squarejaw Steinman is. Which may be a good thing.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM

since johnny cash made it cool...

Kristy
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Chances are good it may be a pseudonym - this is Fox News after all.

Angel
11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Here we have this huge trend of gender neutral. I am against that. We are different and it shouldn't be denied. Even if we are different, one isn't better then the other. It's okay to be different :-)
Gender neutral is about using neutral language so as not to exclude other genders such as trans-gender or inter-sexed people

envy_me
11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Most that I unfortunately run to are overweight, unemployed middle-aged bull dykes who quote you the lyrics to ever Indigo Girls song but have no clue as to Gloria Squarejaw Steinman is. Which may be a good thing.

So what if somebody is overweight and unemployed. And middleaged. Says nothing about how they are as a person.

envy_me
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Gender neutral is about using neutral language so as not to exclude other genders such as trans-gender or inter-sexed people

Here it has gotten beyond that. In many kindergardens (and it's spreading) they don't refer to kids as "she" or "he" but a new noun that is neutral. Also the toys that aren't neutral are being removed, and so on. It's atren of not putting kids in any category.

Here is a good article about it :-)

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/04/hen_sweden_s_new_gender_neutral_pronoun_causes_con troversy_.html

Kristy
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
So what if somebody is overweight and unemployed. And middleaged. Says nothing about how they are as a person.

Only if they attached the moniker "feminist" to it.

envy_me
11-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Only if they attached the moniker "feminist" to it.

I'm a feminist. I don't think women should be payed less then men for the same amount of work.

Coyote
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
since johnny cash made it cool...

Wasn't that Sue?

Coyote
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Here it has gotten beyond that. In many kindergardens (and it's spreading) they don't refer to kids as "she" or "he" but a new noun that is neutral. Also the toys that aren't neutral are being removed, and so on. It's atren of not putting kids in any category.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/04/hen_sweden_s_new_gender_neutral_pronoun_causes_con troversy_.html

Christ, I'm afraid to wonder what those kids are going be like 20 years from now...

envy_me
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Christ, I'm afraid to wonder what those kids are going be like 20 years from now...

Haha, no idea. It could go either way. On the good side it can't much worse then it is now :-/

Guitar Shark
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Wasn't that Sue?

"A Boy Named Sue" is an absolutely classic song. Cash rules.

Kristy
11-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm a feminist. I don't think women should be payed less then men for the same amount of work.
Somehow, I knew you were going to say that.

FORD
11-26-2012, 04:34 PM
"A Boy Named Sue" is an absolutely classic song. Cash rules.

Verily......

Coyote
11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Haha, no idea. It could go either way. On the good side it can't much worse then it is now :-/

Who knows? Maybe there will be a resurgence of pre-20th century gender roles. Á la the French Revolution, when men would dress more flamboyantly than Freddie Mercury at his most glam rock.

No, wait...

envy_me
11-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Who knows? Maybe there will be a resurgence of pre-20th century gender roles. Á la the French Revolution, when men would dress more flamboyantly than Freddie Mercury at his most glam rock.

No, wait...

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbqMD29qi58

Coyote
11-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbqMD29qi58

Not quite what I had in mind... More like this:

Then think Army Of Lovers...

envy_me
11-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Not quite what I had in mind... More like this:

Then think Army Of Lovers...

Hahahahahaha :D I love the video :D

Oooh Army of Lovers. They are so great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20i7ol7cd9g

Coyote
11-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Back on topic...

Didn't Eddie Murphy have a routine based on this?
Something about divorces and the woman taking half..

envy_me
11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know about Eddie Murphy, but my biggest idol Bill Maher has a funny one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64cy3Bcr98

clarathecarrot
11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I am going to write this as quickly and without much explanation.

If there was no such thing as sex NONE as is the need to stick my cock into something for some unknown reason whattever the FUCK that is.

I would preffer a all dude world.

No.... remember!!!! no need, to feel funny in the ball of cock area, no need to comfort one with my arms all that shit doesn't exists at all.

Us dudes could build skyscrapers and drink and the beat the shit out of each other...or not,,, why??...or assemble armies and take over things.

Or not or laze around the sunny afternoon and contemplate doing something.

Make my own sammiches and go down by the creek and skip some rocks.

I don't get lonely, because there is no-one there to, NEED ME!!! <( read this with wisdom )

If a friend fucks something up we could stitch him up and he would be cool.

Now remmber there are no women and sex of any kind never occures to me us.

No dudes would become effeminate...there is no sexual needs.

UTOPIA!!!

What I have described is a the life of a male child before adolesence...then things change because of hormones and women.......

So life will never be like that...but a guy can dream.

Zing!
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Verily......

Have you been drinking with Jesus again?

FORD
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Have you been drinking with Jesus again?

Absolutely! When JC turns the water into beer, it's always quality stuff :gulp:

DONNIEP
11-26-2012, 06:07 PM
JC's buyin' tonite? :gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
not that hebrew stuff...

FORD
11-26-2012, 06:35 PM
JC's buyin' tonite? :gulp:

They don't like Him much at the bars.....

No, it's not about the religious stuff. They just can't make any money because all He ever orders is pitchers of water.

FORD
11-26-2012, 06:37 PM
not that hebrew stuff...

What's wrong with Kosher beer? At least you know it's made from pure ingredients. :gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
What's wrong with Kosher beer? At least you know it's made from pure ingredients. :gulp:

allegedly

Sensible Shoes
11-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I am a submissive female who wants a husband I can meet every night at the door with his favorite martini, dinner ready to put on the table, and do it all in a French Maid's costume.

For this service, he damned well better be making over six figures and support my lifestyle. Not as it is now either.

DONNIEP
11-26-2012, 10:17 PM
I am a submissive female who wants a husband I can meet every night at the door with his favorite martini, dinner ready to put on the table, and do it all in a French Maid's costume.

For this service, he damned well better be making over six figures and support my lifestyle. Not as it is now either.

Here's the song you can have playing in the background...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNewwkfD2o

LoungeMachine
11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
They don't like Him much at the bars.....

No, it's not about the religious stuff. They just can't make any money because all He ever orders is pitchers of water.

He doesn't tip very well, either. ;)

:gulp:

Hardrock69
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Well Shoes, I would ask you to marry me, but I am not earning over 6 figures. :hee:

Oh well. :gulp:

Sensible Shoes
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
OK, maybe I just need to eat and pay my Visa.

twonabomber
11-27-2012, 09:41 AM

I've been doing that for years. I often refer to kids as "little shits." As in, "Merry Christmas, you little shits."

twonabomber
11-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Well Shoes, I would ask you to marry me, but I am not earning over 6 figures. :hee:

I don't make six figures either. I am willing to trade the martini for a beer though. That should get me a discount.

Kristy
11-27-2012, 10:04 AM

I highly doubt you make over $42 for the entire year. You're still on dial up for fuck's sake.

ZahZoo
11-27-2012, 10:08 AM

Bias is just as ugly even if you are young, in-shape and never rejected... Although I have a suspicion that doesn't quite describe you.

Try reading before hating... you might learn a thing and not come off so pissy & jaded.

Suzanne Venker is the author... she's published in a lot of places outside of Foxnews.com

http://suzannevenker.com/bio/

Kristy
11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
No thanks. Anyone who freelances for Fox News has already sold their soul to biased journalism.

sadaist
11-28-2012, 02:02 AM
he damned well better be making over six figures...

I do!

Wait, fuck! You mean six figures before the decimal huh?

sadaist
11-28-2012, 02:03 AM
I highly doubt you make over $42 for the entire year. You're still on dial up for fuck's sake.

He won't reply until tomorrow when his page finally finishes loading.

Satan
11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Chances are good it may be a pseudonym - this is Fox News after all.

Maybe it's Sean Hannity's drag name?

Kristy
11-29-2012, 09:08 AM
The Colbert ReportGet More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,Video Archive

BigBadBrian
11-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Saying the word "man" or "mankind" does not exclude the female gender. There is no such thing as trans-gender or inter-sexed people, BTW. :gulp:

ZahZoo
11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Reminds me of the dinner scene in Star Trek VI...

Chekov: We do believe all planets have a sovereign claim to inalienable human rights.
Azetbur: "Inalien..." if you could only hear yourselves. "Human rights." Why, the very name is racist.

Kristy
11-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Saying the word "man" or "mankind" does not exclude the female gender. There is no such thing as trans-gender or inter-sexed people, BTW. :gulp:

Oh really? (NSFW)

chefcraig
11-29-2012, 11:33 AM

Fundamentally untrue. There is always the pub.

"Sometimes you want to go where everybody forgets your name..."

Woody: Hey Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you.
Norm: I know. If she calls, I'm not here.

Sam: What'll you have Normie?
Norm: Well, I'm in a gambling mood Sammy. I'll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap.
Sam: Looks like beer, Norm.
Norm: Call me Mister Lucky.

Sam: Hey, what's happening Norm?
Norm: Well, it's a dog eat dog world Sammy, and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkH-1JiA-E