PDA

View Full Version : Is Gold Mansacks Licking their Chops at Global Takeover?

FORD
11-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Aim the next drone strike right here......

http://www.texemarrs.com/images/goldman_sachs_tower0410.jpg

WACF
11-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I am really sad to see Mark Carney leave as Governor of the Bank Of Canada.

I have found him to be very honest in his forecasts, and when he says he won't raise rates...he does not.

When he talks about Global issues and predictions...he has been on the money.

From what I have seen and read over the years...he is a solid guy.

Bank of England is going to be a challenge.

FORD
11-30-2012, 02:26 AM
God bless Bernie Sanders.....

Nitro Express
11-30-2012, 03:24 AM
The welfare for the little guy even though a lot of it is wasteful as hell is far cheaper than the welfare for the rich we gave the bankers. We should have just taken the pain. Ripped the band aid off quick and let these institutions fail. It would have cleared the dead wood in the system out. In fact, that is capitalism. Letting the poorly managed corrupt institutions fail. Sometimes it's best to let the invisible hand do it's work.

Kristy
11-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Why does Tom Hartman dress like every college professor I ever had?

sadaist
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM

Yeah LOL. The brown Payless casual dress shoes, non-Levis jeans that are too dark, cheapo Target shirt, and a coat they have had since the 60's & 70's. Many times with the patches on the elbows. (I loved the patches on the elbows by the way). They smell like Skin Bracer or Old Spice (Also love Old Spice).

I don't know. It's a cheesy look of a guy that lives alone and keeps his head in his books while Jeapoardy is on in the background & his mac & cheese is cooking. Something comforting about it though. it's like what you expect Mr Rogers to be like on his days off.

Speaking of college professors, what the fuck with them requiring you to purchase the textbook THEY WROTE for the class? It's almost like their primary job is author & book seller and they just take the teaching gig as a way to force kids to buy their crummy book. Usually over $100 too.

Kristy
11-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, a $180 textbook

ELVIS
11-30-2012, 12:41 PM
The welfare for the little guy even though a lot of it is wasteful as hell is far cheaper than the welfare for the rich we gave the bankers. We should have just taken the pain. Ripped the band aid off quick and let these institutions fail. It would have cleared the dead wood in the system out. In fact, that is capitalism. Letting the poorly managed corrupt institutions fail. Sometimes it's best to let the invisible hand do it's work.

Yep...

But now we have a corporate nanny state...

Satan
11-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Focus, mortals....

This is a thread about the REAL terrorists destroying your country. Not about textbooks, wardrobes, or nanny states.

ELVIS
11-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh, so the liberals who think bailing corporations out is ok ??

Those terrorists ??

Satan
11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh, so the liberals who think bailing corporations out is ok ??

Those terrorists ??

Depends on the corporation. In the case of General Motors, you have one of the last industries in the US which actually makes something, employs a lot of people, and supports many other industries from the parts that go into cars, to local businesses in the communities where the car factories are located. All of which would have been lost if GM went tits up. That would have been devastating to the economy.

Criminal banks which produce NOTHING of value to anybody but a handful of economic terrorists, that's another story. Let them go broke.

Nickdfresh
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
The failure of GM wouldn't just have effected GM, it would have devastated the parts distribution network industry wide...

ELVIS
11-30-2012, 03:18 PM
GM would have gone through bankruptcy and financial restructuring...

They would not have gone "tits up."

FORD
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
GM would have gone through bankruptcy and financial restructuring...

They would not have gone "tits up."

They would have likely been bought up by Willard Mittens Romney's Bain Capital, which means that every last job would have been outsourced to China.

As it is, Mittens DID benefit from the very bailout that he publicly opposed (https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html), because he bought Sensata Technologies, which made sensors for GM cars.

And literally days before the election, Sensata closed its doors, after Mittens shipped every last job in that company off to China.

tbone888
11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Statistically we get a recession about every 7 years...so were due another in about 2 years. The problem is the recessions arent really allowed to be recessions. Theyre "propped up" by the government (usually for political reasons), which usually makes the next one worse.

Seshmeister
12-06-2012, 09:06 AM
And the beauty of that is at the end of semester try selling it back the university bookstore. You will get one of two answers: Oh, we don't use that edition anymore or....Yes, we will buy back the text book for $10.00 and then sell it again as "used" next semester for $160.00

I used to sell mine myself.

That must be incredibly easy nowadays with the internet surely?

Seshmeister
12-06-2012, 09:08 AM

For some reason the word 'had' sounds different when you say it... :)

Angel
12-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I used to sell mine myself.

That must be incredibly easy nowadays with the internet surely?

I'm going to try that route this term. I also don't bother buying a lot of the "mandatory" textbooks. There's been too many times I've spent over $100 for a book and then only had 10 pages of required reading. You can tell by the 3rd class if you actually need it or not.

Nickdfresh
12-06-2012, 10:15 AM
GoldmanSachs just issued a rather bullish report on the economy for next year...

Satan
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/midtowng/GSEurope.jpg