PDA

View Full Version : Tax the Rich

Satan
12-02-2012, 01:32 PM
narrated by Lou Grant himself.

envy_me
12-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I KNOW this is SO off topic, but the name of the thread reminded me of a scene in my favorite show. Hillarious, just tax the stupid people :D

http://www.videohippy.com/video/111436/Absolutely-Fabulous-Edina--Patsy-in-Court

Nitro Express
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I KNOW this is SO off topic, but the name of the thread reminded me of a scene in my favorite show. Hillarious, just tax the stupid people :D

http://www.videohippy.com/video/111436/Absolutely-Fabulous-Edina--Patsy-in-Court

We already tax the stupid people. It's called a state lottery.

envy_me
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
We already tax the stupid people. It's called a state lottery.

Great clip though :D

Nickdfresh
12-03-2012, 07:59 AM

BigBadBrian
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM
FORD, why don't we tax wealth also, whether it was that current tax year's income or not. A certain percentage of a person's wealth and possessions every year. Would you go for that?

Nickdfresh
12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
FORD, why don't we tax wealth also, whether it was that current tax year's income or not. A certain percentage of a person's wealth and possessions every year. Would you go for that?

http://www.portlandmercury.com/binary/91d1/1253637441-admiral_ackbar.jpg

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
The real rich never get taken down. They own the media and politicians and can steer the dumb public any way they want. People are still paying money to watch overpaid celebrities and athletes. Money many of those people really shouldn't be wasting on such things but they are addicted. People will usually go after whatever bad guy the media convinces them of being bad. Also, the whole public protest thing kind of went out of the window when the congress and president passed the National Defense Authorization Act. I guess nobody wanted to get locked up without any due process and that kind of killed their will to protest. They can take pepper spray, rubber bullets, and beatings but they can take the thought of being disappeared by the government. Nobody talks about that do they? Naw. It's turn a blind eye to that and let's just get the rich when they still support the rich and have no clue who they really want to go after. Maybe the television will tell them someday.

Seshmeister
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM

It will be interesting to see your posts when the penny finally drops and you realize you will never be rich.

binnie
12-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I say this every time a thread this comes up - at what point do you become 'rich'?

What income would we consider that to be?

ELVIS
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
It has little to do with income...

I'm rich...

Nickdfresh
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
It has little to do with income...

I'm rich...

And you're also "special", too...

tbone888
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Lots of high income in this area. They let you know it too. Expensive cars, huge Mcmansions, trendy shopping habits etc. Many are financed to the max and living month to month.

On the other hand, lots of wealthy people in this area as well....and, many times, you would never know it looking at them. They live in modest houses (esp considering their net worth), drive cars 10-15 years old and shop/eat whith the average joe.

Hard to put an amount on rich tho...depends where you live, the company you keep etc. Around here id say 10-15 million net worth.

btw, im not saying the wealthy dont flaunt money also, but they are wealthy for a reason.

ELVIS
12-03-2012, 08:38 PM
And you're also "special", too...

At least I'm happy...

BigBadBrian
12-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Regrettably, I agree with Elvis on this one. Income doesn't determine whether one is rich or not.

Satan
12-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Apparently FAUX Noize isn't happy about this video. They ambushed Ed Asner, and he told them.... well more or less... to piss off. :biggrin:

Thank God the video cuts off before the hateful Magashangalangadingdong can open her empty head.