PDA

View Full Version : Escape From Camp 14

Nickdfresh
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
North Korean prisoner escaped after 23 brutal years
December 2, 2012 7:45 PM

The story of Shin, born in a hellish North Korean concentration Camp 14, a forced labor camp he was punished in from birth for the "sins" of his grandfather's defection...

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50136263&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50136263n" />

Anderson Cooper discusses his interview with Shin...
<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50136221&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-57556623-10391709/becoming-human-shins-new-life/" />

Terry
12-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Just saw this on 60 Minutes tonight...shocking...I mean, honestly shocking that these types of things happen...it's one thing to be aware in the abstract that they do, but to actually hear about them from someone with firsthand experience...

In some ways, it was even worse than watching interviews of survivors of the WWII Nazi death camps who had been abducted from their towns and taken to the camps, because this Camp #14 survivor was born into captivity, and the barbaric harshness was all he ever knew. I mean, I can't imagine someone being dehumanized to the point where seeing their mother hung and brother shot in front of them would have no visible emotional affect.

It's honestly amazing that this man isn't completely fucking looney. Yet we have these whiner crybabies like that useless waste of protoplasm who shot all those people in the Colorado movie theater because [sniff sniff] he couldn't get a job in his chosen professional field and [sniff sniff] the Joker made him do it. Pathetic. After seeing this Camp #14 survivor, all these white American male cunt spree-killers have no fucking excuses (not that they ever did anyway...)

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Good point. No matter how rough you think you have it someone has had it many times worse.

sadaist
12-03-2012, 02:29 AM
No matter how rough you think you have it someone has had it many times worse.

I agree.

But, I am so mother fucking sick of hearing this saying. Seriously man. I know other people have it worse. No matter the ailment or affliction or circumstance, chances are high you can find someone that has had it worse off. But that is not the point. It's like your toothache will always hurt worse to you, no matter what, than anyone elses no matter how much you care for them or love them or try to be in their shoes. try as you might to understand someone elses pain, your pain feels worse when it happens to you.

I just don't think we should trivialize anyones pain or what they are going through. Everything is on a relative scale here. You got Americans out of work, hungry, living in their cars. Are the homeless people in Ethiopia worse off? Probably. Most undoubtedly. But that isn't going to make the guy who hasn't eaten in 2 days feel any better when he hears there's a guy on the flip side of the world who hasn't eaten in 4.

It's a common thing we all say. "It could be worse". "Think of this person who had it much tougher". Etc... I think we really need to try to get away from that line of thinking. I could post 100 paragraphs on this but I won't. I hope I got my main gist across in a few.

And I'm guilty on both sides of this coin. I have told people experiencing bad times that it could be worse. And I have felt like my situation was the worst in the world. Some reason we have been brought up & trained to be like this? Or is it normal human nature?

Peace. I hope you're all doing well this evening.

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 04:54 AM
Another good old saying is when your neighbor loses his job it's a recession when you lose your job it's a depression. Pretty much. It always sucks worse when it's you who feels the pain. It always hurts less when it's the other guy.

My mom had a great saying. She always said,"There is no use in complaining about it because nobody gives a damn."

ELVIS
12-03-2012, 08:38 AM
I hope you're all doing well this evening.

It could be worse...:biggrin:

Kristy
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
It's honestly amazing that this man isn't completely fucking looney. Yet we have these whiner crybabies like that useless waste of protoplasm who shot all those people in the Colorado movie theater because [sniff sniff] he couldn't get a job in his chosen professional field and [sniff sniff] the Joker made him do it. Pathetic. After seeing this Camp #14 survivor, all these white American male cunt spree-killers have no fucking excuses (not that they ever did anyway...)

Except that James Holmes obviously was a tool used by the Illuminati elitists to commit mass murder due to his "brainwashing programming" on how they will reduce the populace for global control. Just ask Elvis and Alex Jones who purport that type of horseshit. As for the North Korean guy, that is one amazing story.

ELVIS
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
James Holmes Blames Therapist For Brainwashing Him To Kill, According To Inmate Steven Unruh (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/james-holmes-blames-therapist-inmate-steven-unruh_n_2207724.html)

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/881891/thumbs/r-JAMES-HOLMES-BLAMES-THERAPIST-large570.jpg?4

:elvis:

Terry
12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Except that James Holmes obviously was a tool used by the Illuminati elitists to commit mass murder due to his "brainwashing programming" on how they will reduce the populace for global control. Just ask Elvis and Alex Jones who purport that type of horseshit. As for the North Korean guy, that is one amazing story.

I'm just plain tired of these characters...James Holmes...Jared Loughner...I've reached the point where with jackasses like this I could really give a shit about their civil rights, or if they need mental treatment...in principle I'm opposed to the death penalty, and I don't think of myself as someone given to absurd, reactionary solutions...but if these worthless bastards want attention and seek to obtain it by engaging in violent acts then perhaps society should fast-track them to public, televised executions upon conviction.